JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Feedback

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 567484 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #900 on: September 28, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
^you are so quick in the news! looks like you were there in the show...  :roll:

but seriously, we were speculating here months ago about her graduation... looks like the timing was correct since she talked about it with the other members right before the start of this tour.

after january it will be really interesting to see what will happen with the group after losing the second most famous member. exactly now that they were talking about aiming at a Budoukan show... let's admit it became further away now, more than ever... back to our speculation I really hope we were wrong at predicting one graduation would "open the door" to several others, culminating in their disband. becuz I really can't see the management adding a new member to "keep things as they are" and I really question what are the motivations for most of them to continue in the group if it sticks to this current level and can't progress. 

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #901 on: September 28, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
I wonder why they haven't done a Budokan show yet. I like Babyraids too but, I think them having a Budokan show despite only being around for 2 years is really early, especially since 9nine didn't have one until right before their 9th "birthday". BiS was trying to have a Budokan concert but ended up at Yokohama Arena (which is bigger, isn't it?) when they disbanded. Compared to other groups, it would seem odd if they added a new member, since they've stayed pretty much the same, aside from when Kaho left 3 years ago. Whatever happened to her? Her blog and Twitter haven't been updated in years!

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #902 on: September 28, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
It's not so easy to make a show at Budoukan as it may appear. you still can count on your fingers all the idol groups (outside AKB and H!P franchises) that managed to make a concert there (or in similar stages). you can name one "odd case" here and there but all have their background. BiS for example only had that show at Yokohama Arena because they were disbanding, otherwise it wouldn't happen. Pour Lui (and if I remember correctly manager JunJun too) talked how they were broken after holding that big show with so many empty seats (half the capacity of the Arena. a thing that was obviously going to happen). and I recall them talking about the reasons why they picked Yokohama Arena instead of Budoukan too (availability of the place, renting price, etc). so yeah Passpo could make a Budoukan show already, but only if the management didn't care about having some inevitable losses in the process. I still guess that they'll hold their farewell concert there though, some years from now (a little optimism from my part here).

Kaho is alive becuz I remember someone posting on twitter a pic with her in some restaurant/bar like a month ago. (I think it was Morishi, not sure now) and yeah it would be very strange to see a new member in the group. their relationship looks to be closer than your average group out there, the new member would be so out of place... specially if they added a loli.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #903 on: September 28, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
Video from after the concert uploaded by staff.

Yeah, BiS seemed to lose a lot of money on their "final" concert with all the 1 yen and 2000 yen seats they had just to try fill it up. All the fans in the arena seats paid like 6,000 yen or even 30,000 yen for the "moshing" area way in the front if I remember correctly. That's probably why they had a "former BiS one-man" the next night with an entry fee of 30,000 yen? Didn't AKB lose a lot of money the first time they had their Tokyo Dome concerts as well? I guess it's all about the prestige of having a concert in such a famous place.

Well, there was an attempt to add new members to PASSPO before, because isn't that how palet came into being? They added Nakano Yumi (age not disclosed on palet's site) earlier this year but then again, they've only been around since 2012.

It seems like some members of FYT (Funky Yankee Teachers, teacher-themed group under the same agency) was at the show too, according to Twitter.

Oricon was pretty fast in getting their article up. Don't click if you can't handle the sight of a teary-eyed Makocchan!

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2042642/full/

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #904 on: September 28, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »
that BiS show was overpriced because they had tabehoudai and nomihoudai included, don't forget this detail. I remember seing some pics of the event, JunJun bought like a ton of McDonald's burgers. rofl

I wasn't following Passpo so closely when Palet was created but yeah the official story is that they were training to turn into Passpo members but ended up as another group. if you ask my point of view, from the little I know about this agency and all... I guess their plan was to create a new group from the beginning. and the Passpo trainees story was released just to make some buzz and attract people to new group, leaching some prestige from their most successful group. maybe Shawn or some other guy can have their insight in this topic becuz I'm sure they know better than me. and yeah the sister groups don't have this 'problem', they are always adding and losing members while their essence continues. I can't explain it clearly but I don't think the same thing would (or will) happen with Passpo though. just my gut feeling.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #905 on: September 29, 2014, 03:45:41 AM »
Let us all stay calm for now and see how the time until New Year will be for them. After that it will become even more interesting. I don't see them disbanding either.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #906 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:27 AM »
stay calm??? it`s not like some scrub as Nachu announced graduation, it`s the most well known girl from people outside Passpo fanbase, Macocchan! the sky is falling!!!  :panic: :panic: :panic:

ps: wattstax, are still locked in the bathroom crying or you are okay already?  :roll:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #907 on: September 29, 2014, 04:23:26 AM »
That is why you must now stay calm. I am sure you are more sad than me, now that she even was nicer to you than Nachu :P And I still believe you are the reason she leaves... ;P

Times are admittedly though now for their management. Will be interesting to see how important Makochan really was for Passpo's popularity and what Makochans passengers will do with the beginning of the new year.

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #908 on: September 29, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
Unsurprisingly, POPOPOPO uploaded it.

Whoa, without even watching the video I recognized Adorien. I never met him, but I remember he bought 500 copies of ViVi Natsu :O And he used to read my blog XD

About Mako-T, I think she fulfilled her obligations to the group, so I'm happy for her. Although her leaving obviously hurts them. I want to go to the concert. Are you guys going? (vaguely recalls wattstax telling me he is going to the New Years concert).

About Palet, the intention was to add new members (Kaho had graduated three months prior). A ballot was included w/ Kimi wa Boku wo Suki ni naru and they set up a voting website where you had to enter the keycode. There were a few of us here who voted. They also provided the results of the fan vote at their blog [although the numbers were obviously fake. A girl named Misa (http://ameblo.jp/saionjimisa/) was the clear frontrunner but in the results she wasn't in the top 5. And I just realized after a 2 year hiatus she recently updated her blog and evidently she's in a new idol group now. I'll have to blog about this later XD - I was a huge fan of hers back then]. Just speculation on my part but I got the impression the members really didn't want new girls joining (after they announced that none of the candidates made the group Aipon tweeted something about them wanting the chance to prove to their management that they can be successful as 9 members). Because of the failed audition I always thought of Palet as the PASSPO rejects, but I'm giving them another chance because the new girl is interesting. At the time it wasn't apparent that they would get their own group because (1) the girls had all just been publicly rejected and (2) they weren't that talented (at least not back then). There was one cool fan in this forum who correctly predicted that a new group would form though, but it definitely wasn't obvious at the time. (wonders if she is still a fan)

sorry if I'm too lazy and this video was already posted here, but someone cares to explain what's the history behind this?

like when it was made, for what purpose and so on. I can only recognize Nachu, MioMio, Naomin and Macocchan there.  :sweatdrop: (edit: Sako and Annya too. Morishi, Aipon, Yukky and Mushu, no way)
This is a year late, but your question was never answered and this is an awesome video! (I was bored the other day and read up on all the stuff I missed) The footage was from before the group was formed (2009), you can see the other candidate members in the video (hence the "仮"). When the group was being created there were 19 candidates (all girls from the platinum agency). Leading up to their debut they did these events where fans could meet them, because ultimately the fans were going to be able to vote on the girls, and help determine the final lineup. Back then they let fans vote on stuff like the name of the group, logo design, and other random things.

edit: ^ What's the story with Makochan being nice to Caio?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:45:28 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #909 on: September 29, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »
Wow, when you come back to the forum, you come back to the forum. So much text.
But great to hear again from you!

Yea, me and Caio are going there. He already got the ticket for me :) He can be such nice guy - until you know him better, of course :D Would be great to see you there.

Too bad though, that the focus of the anniversary turns now to the graduation.

Well, and Mako being nice to Caio: Don't know if I can tell you now. He may want to use it for his blog. ;)

Oh, and btw Shaun: Haven't you told me at TIF that you like Makochan? But when re-reading your blog it was actually Morishi. What is true now? :confused:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #910 on: September 29, 2014, 02:05:47 PM »
Awesome, I'm glad you both are going. It's unfortunate that it's gone from a New Years show to a graduation concert, but it should be a really unique experience considering graduations are the most rare type of concert. And it's a cool venue, although now I wonder if they could have booked someplace even bigger than Tokyo Dome City Hall.

Hmm, trying to figure out how to explain my fandom for Makochan and Morishi without sounding like a loser who changes oshimen (at one time Nachu, Socrates, Annya, Mako-T, and Morrissey have been my favorites). Back when I was going to their shows I preferred Morishi, but I changed back a while ago (2012). I'm typically loyal to my favorite member, PASSPO was a unique situation.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #911 on: September 30, 2014, 03:01:34 AM »
But it would have been interesting to know if the name of PASSPO alone would have been enough to fill TDCH. I still have a hard time believing they are that famous. And even thinking of Budokan...
But anyway, the graduation should lead to a soldout venue now. Which will hopefully give a boost to the group.

But regarding your changing oshi: Don't worry, I can relate. Every member of PASSPO has oshi worthy traits. That is why always talk with other girls besides Yucky. Even gave Naomin a present. (She was my initial oshi btw, until I met them directly.)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
see?!? do you need more proof that the sky is really falling??? Shawn even returned to the forum!  :panic: :panic: :panic:

but is nice to read his inputs about Passpo and Palet`s past.  :)

Shawn, are u going to January concert too? c`mon, now more than ever u HAVE to. Wattstax can pay u the flight, he is rich.  ;)

regarding me and Macocchan: in a very eerie coincidence, after all these past months (don't remember anymore when was my first Passpo one-man. one year before? two? whatever) that sunday I finally decided to talk with Macocchan. and she was very nice with me, gotta admit it. (sounded a little fake but I was expecting it, np. yeah she was nicer than Nachu, but that's not an accomplishment. nowadays I think even a sex doll would be more friendly to me than my own oshimen  :cry: why I didn't pick Sako as my oshimen back then? dammit)

so we started to joke that meeting me was the reason that made her pull the gun now.  :P some people could even argue that it's not so farfetched hypothesis but let's not extend it here so much.  :nervous although I was really thinking about opening a thread in 2ch titled like "passenger no minnasan, gomenasai!" talking about this coincidence. just for the lulz.  :lol:

btw I talked with Annya for the first time too. (she needs to use less make-up, dear lord!) and talked with Oppaipon. but I wasn't able to tell her everything I planned (the punchline of the joke was missing) so instead of appearing like a pervert, she has now surely a very nice opinion about me.  :panic: :panic: :panic:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #913 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:17 PM »
Oppaipon :lol: And I kind of wish Nachu wasn't your favorite, because then I could make fun of her XD But then again, if you chose Sako or Makochan from the beginning, they may have graduated years ago!

If Tobi could pay for my plane ticket, that would be awesome! Thanks so much :P Jk, I actually have enough frequent flyer miles (real miles, not the PASSPO type), although I was saving them for trips in spring and summer, but I can figure that out later. I can handle Japan's winter better than their summer and knowing you guys will be there is really motivating. I have to wait for GEM to announce their Christmas concert w/ SUPER GiRLS before I can seriously think about this (I'm an addict). I guess it worked out that the new iPhones are still sold out over here, otherwise I would have blown my budget.

It looks like there are several options for tickets (arena standing, balcony 1-3, and photo/video seating). Which ones did you guys choose? Knowing Caio, definitely free standing, but then I'm also remembering the unfortunate glasses incident.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
(Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:47 AM »
You can still make fun of Nachu. Caio does the same :smhid I think, she is lovely girl. She just treats him like he deserves :twothumbs

You also want to come in Spring and Summer next year? We have to synchronise our schedule then! Seriously!!
The Super Girls Show sounds nice too.
I also would need a new iPhone, as mine is pretty low on battery duration. But I don't want to spend the money right now for obvious travel reasons. Me being rich would be nice ;)

We got ourselves Arena Standing tickets. I have my new glasses and I succeeded to bring them unharmed to the Blaze show. So hopefully all works out :D But I will never again stand in the front middle! On the sideline is fine though!

And Caio, a friend on Twitter pointed me to the Idol Koushien on 01.11.2014. Even Next is there. And your 'new' Natsumi ;P
http://idolkoushien.com/fes_20141101/
Just that it coincides with the Akasaka Blitz Festival. You have to make a tough decision :lol:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:15:21 AM by wattstax »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2014, 03:29:52 AM »
c'mon Shaun, don't treat me like if I were one of those adolescents that get all emotional if you make a joke (or a criticism) around their favorite girl (or group).  ;) you can make fun of Nachu whenever you like, specially since she is a girl so easy to poke at.  :nervous yeah we are obviously going to the arena standing area, I want to mosh like if it were a BiS show, baby!  :twisted:

I saw about this Idol Koushien, looks nice but no way I'm going to it. Passpo + Hime Kyun + Chu-Z >>>> Tsuki to Taiyou + Hime Kyun + Next Shojo. Akasaka is closer to my home than Shin-Kiba too.

oh, and one more thing: Tsuki to Taiyou's Natsumi >>>> Passpo's Natsumi.  :P :P :P

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2014, 03:34:19 AM »
Well, you still have to talk to her. Maybe she is even worse :P

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:54 AM »
I doubt. I'll be bold now: if I talk with her and she treats me worse than Nachu, I promise that I'll NEVER say a bad thing about Nachu again in my life. you can print this.  8)

my blog entry about this Passpo concert is ready to be uploaded. in the meantime, all hail the works of this guy on twitter:

https://twitter.com/punittoyuzu/status/516537605471473665 Mio-Mori-Nachu icons

https://twitter.com/punittoyuzu/status/516537466858110976 Makoto-Annya-Yukky icons

https://twitter.com/punittoyuzu/status/516537313732485120 Oppaipon-Sako-Zaian icons

impressive  :bow:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #918 on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:26 AM »
c'mon Shaun, don't treat me like if I were one of those adolescents that get all emotional if you make a joke (or a criticism) around their favorite girl (or group).  ;) you can make fun of Nachu whenever you like, specially since she is a girl so easy to poke at.  :nervous yeah we are obviously going to the arena standing area, I want to mosh like if it were a BiS show, baby!  :twisted:

Yeah, I know :) I'm the same way.

Ok, that's a lie, I'm totally protective of GEM :twisted:. But what I find amusing about Natchu (the PASSPO one) isn't anything against her personality, it's her dancing which I think is hilarious. Sometimes I'll just watch her to amuse myself, like "I wonder what Natchu's up to" and then I'll have to find her, since they usually put her in the back. There is a classic video of what I'm talking about, it's several years old though, and I finally found it but the youtube account was deleted. It was basically her walking off stage while the rest of the group was holding a pose... and then she realized it, stumbled back in line, and posed the wrong way :lol:

And I hope there's moshing. If I go I need to redeem myself for not being a crazy wota for Houkago Princess (although to my credit, even though I'm a fan, I don't know them that well XD). For GEM I'm a totally different person 8) Although for a graduation concert, once the "graduation" part begins and the members start crying non-stop, I dare you to mosh then!

Anyway I should be able to go, but I won't know for a while. Although it's not like the holidays are that far away.

edit: I just realized Tobi has a blog! That's awesome! Kind of ironic, I was actually thinking the other day that he should. But now I feel like an idiot for not knowing sooner :P. I wish I didn't have a massive paper to write, which I haven't even started and is due in two days, but I'll definitely check it out asap.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:30:19 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #919 on: October 01, 2014, 10:06:41 AM »
well, maybe becuz I`m already used to some really not very talented groups (trying to be polite), I don't have so much problem with her poor dancing. it makes me feel closer to her since I'm a poor dancer too.  :lol:

about blogging, only a few weeks ago (when I entered and left some comments there) I discovered that you had a blog too. rofl never payed attention that your sign had a link. when I have some free time I'll start trolling on the comments of your blogs, guys. stay aware  :P

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Feedback