JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Vista

Author Topic: Tarantino Says Full ‘Kill Bill’ Movie Is Still Coming  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Tarantino Says Full ‘Kill Bill’ Movie Is Still Coming
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
Tarantino Says Full ‘Kill Bill’ Movie Is Still Coming

It’s been a pattern of Quentin Tarantino’s to announce, promise and re-promise plans to do new films and update old projects. A prime example of the latter is his promise that the full, four-plus hour version of Kill Bill (as was originally intended, by the way) would be put together and released on DVD.

But he’s promised this on more than one occasion that it will happen and it hasn’t. However his reason for it not coming out yet this time around is that he’s been busy with Inglourious Basterds, which I think is an excuse we can all accept this time. And it seems, now, that the full Kill Bill movie is still on its way and not only that but according to Tarantino himself some extra/different content will be added too:

“We’ve actually added some things to it. We did a whole little chapter that I wrote and designed for the animated sequence, that we never did, because we figured, back when it was gonna be one big movie, it was going to be too long, so we didn’t do it. So when we were talking about re-releasing it, they asked is there anything you can put in, and I said no I put everything in there, but… there’s one sequence that we wouldn’t even have to shoot! So we got together with Production IG and did it, and it’s really cool. So it’s this little seven minute sequence, it’s really cool, it’s in the O-Ren chapter.”

The full version was once shown at Cannes but the studio decided to split it as we all know. And when its released on DVD the cliffhanger that ended Volume 1 will be replaced by an intermission between the volumes.

“It’s more like a big 60s movie with the intermission. Oh, you’ll just have to see it!” he [Tarantino] laughs.

Tarantino also has revealed info on what will be different between the two separate volumes and the full one:

* No “klingon proverb” quote. Instead a dedication
    * HOBL fight massacre in color, slightly differently cut
    * gorier anime scenes
    * extra anime footage added (stated in QT quote/Jan 09)
    * various other scenes slightly longer
    * Sofie Fatale loses more limbs
    * no “baby” cliffhanger ending
    * short (music-accompanied) intermission between two parts
    * Volume 2 is not different

I personally have been waiting for this thing to come out in all its four-plus hour glory ever since Tarantino first announced it. In case you didn’t know (why would you?) I am a huge Tarantino fan - he was the filmmaker who started off my true passion for movies when I saw Reservoir Dogs and particularly Pulp Fiction (which is my favorite movie of all time). I haven’t not liked any of his movies (yes, including Death Proof - that movie kicked copious amounts of ass) and the two Kill Bill movies are probably his most out right enjoyable flicks.

Just thinking about the two volumes combined as one has me drooling…

A question that this raises, however, is how well will this do in terms of DVD sales? Are people willing to shell out more money for a movie which they already have (albeit in two separate volumes)? I know I am, but are most people? Are you? My guess is it’s been long enough and fans will pay up again, especially considering we have a sweet extra anime scene included in the package.

So are you looking forward to Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair or are you fine with your two separate volumes?
http://screenrant.com/tarantino-full-kill-bill-movie-coming-ross-5101/

It's about fucking time! I have been waiting for 'The Whole Bloody Affair' ever since I saw Vol.2 back in 2004 :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 07:23:22 PM by Masa »

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: Tarantino Says Full ‘Kill Bill’ Movie Is Still Coming
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »
This is good news indeed! I loved both these movies, but I actually don't own either. I will DEFINITELY be purchasing this.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »
Hmm.. I don't really see the point to be honest. Seems more like a money making 'scam'.

I already got Vol 1 and Vol 2 and based on the extras/differences the full version has, it doesn't seem worth getting it.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:35:47 PM »
    * HOBL fight massacre in color, slightly differently cut
The version released in Japan is already in colour, which was a nice surprise at the cinema after watching a downloaded screener first, that was in B&W.

If anyone here hasn't seen that scene in colour, I'll be happy to upload it..  O0

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »
Watched that part today and thought "fuck it". So I just went ahead and ripped/uploaded it anyways, cause it's just such a fun scene.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqwjsym0y2x

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:50 PM »
^ So flipping epic! :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 10:04:07 AM »

I'm such a Kill Bill fanboy that I will buy whatever versions they put out. Anyways the Japanese version of Vol.1 is so fucking awesome that it's worth buying even if you already own the Euro/US version. The House of Blue Leaves scene in color is :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Hmm.. I don't really see the point to be honest. Seems more like a money making 'scam'.

The money making scam was releasing the movie in two parts so you already fell for the scam XD

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »
The money making scam was releasing the movie in two parts so you already fell for the scam XD

Ouch!  :sweatdrop: 

:lol:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
Kill Bill is one of my favorite movies of all time so have to get this (I've always considered them to be one movie anyways). I already have both volumes, but I'm not crazy enough to buy the Japanese version cause Japanese DVD's are expensive...

But I want it on blu-ray!!!

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »
Japanese DVD's are expensive...
Which is why I rent and copy 'em.

Kill Bill is currently released as one of the "Universal - The Best" DVDs, so the current price is 1800yen.
http://www.universalpictures.jp/killbillvol1/catalog_item_sell.html?#3946

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »
I already have both volumes, but I'm not crazy enough to buy the Japanese version cause Japanese DVD's are expensive...

I bought my copy of Vol.1 from cdjapan when they had a sale so I only paid like 10 bucks for it. Anyways it's true that new DVDs are ridiculously expensive in Japan. I had to pay like 4000yen for Sukeban Deka IV :thumbdown:

But I want it on blu-ray!!!

Man, good thing I don't have a Blu-ray player or else I would prolly cop Vol.1 & Vol.2 on Blu-ray XD

Japanese DVD's are expensive...
Which is why I rent and copy 'em.

Word. I only bought one movie when I was in Japan but I rented DVDs like every week. Tsutaya :twothumbs

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »

KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR Details!

When I heard the Quentin Tarantino was guest programming the whole month long at Los Angeles’ New Beverly Cinema, I just about passed out.  Come to find out a few days later he was going to be showing the assembled version of KILL BILL – the print of much speculation and lore – needless to say I freaked out and scored tickets immediately.  Good thing I did as tickets for its two week run, March 27- April 7, have entirely sold out.

Tarantino fans have been holding their collective breath for years now waiting for KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOOD AFFAIR to be released.  Since there are still no plans or dates the combined version will be coming to DVD anytime soon, this was the “Holy Grail” of screenings. Oh, and did I mention, it was Tarantino’s birthday yesterday and he intro’d our screening?! That’s right.  The director of one of my top five favorite films introduced his film, a cut that had only been shown twice before (once at Cannes and once at the Alamo Drafthouse).  Forget about it!  I can die happy now.

The unrated 247 minute cut of the film played twice on Sunday to sold out crowds.  Prior to the show starting, they were selling limited edition posters by Tyler Stout (see poster below) at $50 a pop.  My afternoon screening treated Tarantino, the cinema’s benefactor, to a rousing sing-a-long of “Happy Birthday” before he got up to introduce the film.

So onto information about the KILL BILL print that was screened.  If you are seeing the special screening and want to be surprised, obviously you should stop reading here.  There will be spoilers ahead!

KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR was the same print that was shown in 2004 in Cannes complete with French subtitles and intermission intact.  The variations from the originals range from the subtle (alternate takes used) to the impactful (no revelation “The Brides” child had lived).  Most of the changes came during Volume 1 although there was a subtle change I noticed in Volume 2 where The Bride arrives in Acuna to talk with Estaban (More shots of the whores are shown).

Highlights of the Volume 1 changes include the “House of the Blue Leaves” fight sequence when the Crazy 88’s arrive is shown in full beautiful color (vs. the American version when it turns to black and white). O-Ren Ishii’s anime origin story contains more gore with Boss Motsumoto getting disemboweled.  Sofie Fatale looses her other arm during a car trunk interrogation.  There may have been more changes, but I haven’t see the original US version in years so it was hard for me to remember the overwhelming differences.

Most notably absent was the revelation the Bride’s child has survived, which serves as the “teaser line” in the first film to set up the second film (that premiered months later).  If you hadn’t seen the films before, I would imagine this would have led for a much more dramatic impact when you see B.B. later at the Hacienda alive and being raised by Bill.

If you are a die hard fan of the film like me, you probably already own the Japanese cut on DVD and have noticed these changes are essentially what’s on that disc.  Not much was altered from this cut but little things, here and there.  That said, if you are a die hard fan, you will want to see and notice those differences.

If you can’t make it to LA and want to experience THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at home for yourself, here is what I recommend.  Buy the Japanese disc of volume one, stop the disc after the Brides’ instructions to Sofie (after the line “Soon they will all be as dead as….”), insert volume 2 fast forwarding past the prologue and that’s basically it.

If you are a fan of the film and are in LA, I do recommend taking in a screening of this at the New Beverly.  Also worth noting, sometimes special guests will show up and talk about the film so there might be a chance your screening will have a surprise.  As I mentioned before the run is sold out but don’t let that dissuade you from taking your chances in the stand-by line.  The odds you might get in are pretty good as they let in quite a few from that line during the show I attended.
http://veryaware.com/2011/03/kill-bill-the-whole-bloody-affair-details/

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
FINALLY!!

fucking sick ass poster too.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »
Should've posted this last week lol

Me and boykun went and saw it last weekend. It had French subs lol. It was indeed epic.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 05:41:06 AM »
I saw this thread just after watching both volumes until 6:30 in the morning and I thought whether I'd get this. Of course I will!! :thumbsup

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:56:33 AM »
I would love to see the Crazy 88 battle in full color.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »
oh man, it just played in LA. I thought I missed it here. :lol:

SHIT. Can't wait to see the extra scenes. Gonna blow my mind the different story lines they changed.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Vista