JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-51 - Bakkanaru Time

Author Topic: Crossroads (JuriYuu) - Cancelled (2014.02.19)  (Read 25058 times)

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crossroads (JuriYuu) - Chapter 4 (2013.11.08)
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 04:00:04 PM »
@rochilu: Yeah… I don't think I could pick one up either. While doing cicada research on Wikipedia, I read that they can pierce human skin!

@Yuki88: Thanks for the very helpful feedback! It helps me identify what areas I should concentrate on.
I'm glad someone else likes flowery vocabulary. It's fun to use now and then, but I personally feel that using too much of it makes a story very wordy and hard to understand.
I rely a lot on "real life 48" for ideas. This is why I can't make progress if Yuko and Jurina don't appear in the news… Somehow get the feeling that AKB48's 34th single will provide me with a lot of inspiration.

@LoyalFlutist: Don't worry about being late to comment. My thread won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Besides, your expressive comments always make it worth the wait! (I was laughing for hours and went to bed smiling last night.) I guess with this chapter I've discovered that I'm actually pretty good at writing fluffy things, which is kinda embarrassing…

In this chapter, both Yuko and Jurina were lively/playful, which made writing about them very enjoyable for me. It would be great to see more interpretations of this pairing. I'm really, really happy to see that you're now a fan too, and am ecstatic to hear that you may write yet another JuriYuu OS! JuriYuu never fails to make my heart go 'KABOOM!' like exploding fireworks.

I didn't expect people to like the cicada paragraph so much. Hmm… Maybe I should become a biology teacher. Well, here's some 'educational' information on fireworks, in case anyone is interested. It is optional reading.

Don't remember when, but I've previously watched a documentary on how fireworks are made in Japan. Remember being extremely impressed because it is a laborious and intricate process, almost like an art. Also, some fireworks artisans get injured in the process; it is a rather dangerous occupation.

Links:
This article gives a good overview of Japanese fireworks.
These days, fireworks explode into all sorts of shapes, including characters such as Doraemon, Hello Kitty, and Pikachu.
While writing, I imagined Yuko and Jurina to be watching fireworks something . I can understand why the two girls were so fascinated by the sight.

Is my non-fiction writer side showing yet? I'll try my best to work on the next (possibly kawaii) chapter soon. It may take longer this time round, with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. Ganbarimasu!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:41:29 AM by kurumi »

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crossroads (JuriYuu) - Cancelled (2014.02.19)
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2014, 02:29:01 AM »
Hi, everyone. It's been a while.

I've been wondering whether or not to do this, and have decided it is only fair that I inform the readers how it is very unlikely that I will continue writing this story. I do extend my deepest apologies. Gomennasai. m(_ _)m

Next month, I will be making a big move - over 2,000 miles across the US. I did see it coming, which is why I couldn't promise that I would finish Crossroads when I first started writing in August 2013. I guess I just didn't expect the move to happen so soon…

Once again, would like to thank Hitobo and Seigus for their guidance, and for all the fun discussions we had over the past couple of months. This forum certainly brought a lot of cheer into my life, and I'm sure our friendship will last a lifetime. To everyone else, thank you so much for reading, and I'm really extremely sorry that I couldn't see this story till the very end.

-kurumi

Offline rochilu

• Member+
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2014, 03:03:19 PM »
Nooo TnT you are breaking my heart u.u haha well, it was a good fic, so congratulations for that.
I hope you do well un your big move, good luck kurumi :3

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »
Awww that's too bad as I'd been waiting for you to update this fic. But it's okay, you have something more important to accomplish, after all :3
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »
I was waiting for you to update... Oh, well, I hope that maybe someday you will be back as a writer :) And good luck with the move and all other things in your life :)
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-51 - Bakkanaru Time