JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - A Song Runs Through World

Author Topic: The ANGERME Thread (アンジュルム); ex-S/mileage (スマイレージ)  (Read 187444 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: The S/mileage Thread (スマイレージ)
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
This is one year ago, almost to the day, but just posted on YouTube yesterday by iiidol32 ......

Even an old pro like Sanma is blown away by S/mileage Kawaii power.... :w00t:

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2012, 12:18:15 PM »

S/mileage to star in upcoming horror movie, “Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro”

It’s been reported that idol group S/mileage will be starring in the upcoming horror movie, “Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro – Igyou“.

“Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro – Igyou” is the 5th movie based on the drama series, “Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro”. The drama has starred many popular actresses including Horikita Maki.

Producer Niwa Tamon Andrew was drawn to the girls’ simplicity, and wanted to test their potential as actresses. He complimented leader Wada Ayaka by saying, “She has a wonderful sense of acting; she could be a back-up for large-scale actresses.”

Wada cheerfully promoted the movie with, “It would make me happy if it will scare many people!”

“Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro – Igyou” will open in theaters this summer.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/01/smileage-to-star-in-upcoming-horror-movie-kaidan-shin-mimibukuro/

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »
Ayaka and Kanon have been doing a series of Nezumirando (Disneyland) promotions for quite a while now, but they always seem to be delighted in each report. Note that Ayaka is a deadly shot on the Buzz Lightyear ride, and later the girls meet up with a group of elderly mine workers:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »
I posted my first H!P Edgic in the Dot Bikini thread, now here's one for Chotto Matte Kudasai 8)

Again, explaination first:

Edgic = editing + logic.
Based on Edgic at Survivor Sucks forum, except modified for idol PVs instead of a reality TV show. 

Possible ratings:
INV - 'invisible'
UTR - 'under the radar'
MOR - 'middle of the road'
CE - 'complimentary edit' (at Sucks this is 'complex personality' which doesn't quite fit idol MVs)
OTT - 'over-the-top' (this could probably be changed to something else, but it basically means the lead)

Also ranking visibility 1-5.

I changed my counting of solo shots a bit. The first number is how many clear solo shots they had, as in nobody else was around. The second number is when you add other focused shots, like when they are dancing but the camera only focuses on one member; others are around but only one member is in focus. (Shots where focus changes from member to member didn't count.)
Again, solo lines counted as one solo shot even if there were several shots used during the line. I do this because they are getting the visibility for having a solo line and the shots are connected to the solo line.

DAWA
Solo shots: 6/7
Solo lines: 4
Along with Kanon has the biggest number of clear solo shots. Central dancing position. The first member shown doing the *splat* against window close-up; possibly the advance of being the leader, but that's speculation. Has the 3rd most lines along with Meimei: clearly fewer than Kanon, but clearly more than Kananan and Rinapuu.
-> CE1

KANYON
Solo shots: 6/9
Solo lines: 7
Central dancing position, complex edits during solo lines.
Has the most solo shots, even in group shots is often focused on. Has clearly the biggest number of solo lines.
-> OTT1

MEIMEI
Solo shots: 2/6
Solo lines: 4
Central dancing position, is the first member after Dawa to go *splat*. Which may not mean anything.
Even during her solo lines, Meimei often has to share the screen with other members behind her. A very low number of clear solo shots.
She had as many solo lines as Dawa, but a smaller visibility.
-> MOR5

TAKECHAN
Solo shots: 5/8
Solo lines: 5
Central dancing position. Has the 2nd most solo lines and 2nd most shots including the focus group ones. High visibility, but not as varied editing as in Dot Bikini.
-> CE4

KANANAN
Solo shots: 2/4
Solo lines: 1
Only two clear solo shots, two more in focus in a group.
However, Kananan here benefits from the choreography that points her out as the clumsy one, giving her special visibility even when everyone is on screen. It's very rare for a member to get a tailor-made choreography.
-> MOR1

RINAPUU
Solo shots: 3
Had one more clear solo shot than Kananan, however, was never focused on in a group. Since everyone got at least one solo line this time, having a line doesn't improve her edgic.
-> UTR1

I'm not certain about all of these :lol: Difficult to decide sometimes.

Random pondering so far, based on both "Chotto Matte Kudasai" and "Dot Bikini": I didn't realize Kanyon was leading the group this clearly. I also didn't realize how big Takechan's part had become; somehow I thought Meimei was up there instead. This is how bias warps our perception :3 Dawa seems to have a comfortable leader position; she's getting good exposure even if she doesn't get nearly as many lines as Kanyon. Kananan and Rinapuu are supporting members, but Kananan is more likely to get a little special visibility because of her funny character.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
Edgic for Please Miniskirt Postwoman :cow:

I have to say I might not have exact numbers here. I wasn't sure at first which shots to count, but I did get most of the video down. I realize I should probably watch the video more than once for this, but since I keep record of shots by drawing lines I fear I might just mess it up more.

DAWA
Solo shots: 6/7*
* I counted the opening story of Dawa waking up and getting ready as 1 shot because otherwise it would've been a bunch.
Solo lines: 2
Dawa got a story narrative in the opening of the video all to herself. She also vocally opens the song with Meimei.
Few solo lines, fewer than some of the newbies even.
Still, high visibility thanks to the storyline and the lines with Meimei.
--> CE5

KANYON
Solo shots: 6/8
Solo lines: 5
The biggest number of solo shots and lines (again), except Dawa's solo shot number would be greater if all the edits from the opening counted.
Despite Kanyon singing much more than Dawa, I think her visibility this time is the same as hers.
--> CE5

MEIMEI
Solo shots: 4/7
Solo lines: 3
Most of the additional focus shots were from the mail room.
She received the same number of solo lines as Takechan, but the shared lines with Dawa give her some extra exposure. (They open the song and influence the choreography.)
--> MOR5

TAKECHAN
Solo shots: 4/5
Solo lines: 3
The numbers are similar to Meimei's, but Takechan had fewer random focus shots this time (she had a great solo line edit, though).
--> MOR3

KANANAN
Solo shots: 3/4
Few shots and only one solo line. Not much visibility.
--> UTR1

RINAPUU
Solo shots: 2/4
Solo lines: 2
Also few shots, but two solo lines.
--> UTR2

I left Yuukarin out because she is no longer a member and thus, her stats aren't relevant to me (sorry, but they aren't!)

What would this tell us about the pimpage of new members? ...I think when "Please Miniskirt" was made, Meimei and Takechan were seen as somewhat equal from the agency's POV. Then something happened and Takechan's edit and number of lines increased in comparison to Meimei's - maybe her goods were selling more or she's impressed the staff more. Kananan and Rinapuu receive fewer lines because they're either not as capable (Kananan) or not as popular (Rinapuu), but nowadays at least Kananan gets some special edit for that crazy personality of hers.

And Dawa's status as the leader with special edit bits was secured already here, as well as Kanyon's vocal leading position.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »
^ MIND BLASTED!! is it possible. wow. you do the math, I'll do the alfredo :P I do notice a lot of TAKECHAN, GJ SHIRENU!

i copped this perf for those who can't access YT or BT

2012/04/27 ハッピーMusic スマイレージ.mp4

DOWNLOAD

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »

Poor Kanyon takes a helmet to the chin :cry:

Meimi's such a pro in this clip.  :thumbsup

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2012, 01:52:08 AM »
How does S/mileage put together such a great team?

Sweat, sweat, and more sweat, and sensei Yoshiko and more sweat:

S/mileage - Pop'n Idol Time {With thanks to HelloProjectLoverJp4}

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
Robin: Holy lachrymation Batman!!! Did something get in your eyes??
Batman: No Robin, those are manly tears of joy, I have just witnessed the cutest CM e-vah!!!!

Offline urhomos

• ecchi
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:54 AM »
I don't like this CV. It's very disturbing. Not cute at all. I hope S/mileage can go back focus on cute stuff instead of stupid cheap promotions like this.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »
Cheap promotions? CMs bring them extra moneys. S/mileage management isn't paying for this, they're paid for it. o_o It's incredibly difficult to score a CM deal to begin with, I really have a hard time seeing how any of this is bad. It means someone thinks S/mileage is cute/notorious enough to advertise their product. It's quite an achievement.

So they have to do a silly dance with donut heads. Well that's Japan for ya.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2012, 03:29:12 PM »
With respect, to be selected to appear in a Mr. Donuts CM is pretty great stuff for S/mileage.....

Ami Suzuki, Saki Aibu, Yuko Nakamura, Homer Simpson, Ayame Gouriki, Ryuta Sato, Riisa Naka, Snoopy and the Peanuts gang  have all appeared in Mister Donut CM's- it is a prestigous and well known series of CM's

For S/mileage it gives them great exposure, and it was an extremely cute CM to boot.....

and they get to cover a fantastic pop classic: 恋のダイヤル6700

Of course everyone has different taste in what is cute or not, but H!P's CM power has dropped off considerably in the past few years, so to see S/mileage in a top ranked brand CM is good news,

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »
Trailer for “Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro – Igyou“.

This looks awesome! And it's in 2D!!!  :w00t:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:59:54 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

Offline muppet

• Member+

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+