JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - High Pressure

Author Topic: AKB48 - The Dark Years - COMPLETED  (Read 5515 times)

Offline 0_o

• Member+
AKB48 - The Dark Years - COMPLETED
« on: June 09, 2012, 02:13:17 AM »
Okay, first things first if you aren't okay with girls dying then please just close this tab.

I've been working on this fic for the past few months, it isn't even a fic, it's like a really really long one shot that ended up spawning into something bigger than I had expected. I'm not even half done, but cause of exams I can't finish it. Personally I love this fic to death /o/

This was originally just supposed to be what would happen if AKB48 were put into a feudalistic society... but then that didn't quite happen. This fic is far too focused on the girls for that to happen anyways. Keep in mind all of these events except for the beginning happen over the span of a few days.

So welcome, to The Dark Years of AKB48.

To think that the once famous AKB48 would have fallen to this state… Less than a year ago, it was the biggest pop group in Japan and was even expanding into a handful of other countries. Lady luck just wasn’t by their side, a handful of key members graduated from their own will or from scandals. After that a sharp decrease in sales and finally, the 21st century war that left everything in tatters. What started as a mild civil war in Africa soon turned into something much more horrible, nukes were fired at several countries, Japan included. After suffering such a huge hit, Japan never recovered even with the truce that was made. The once mighty country of the rising sun had fallen lower than many of its former allies, all whom had been nuked. It was the rise of the third world countries you could say, sick of the insolence and corruption of the people who claimed would help them.

Our story starts with a civil unrest, a coping country that seemed like it had developed backwards returning to its feudal system and Akimoto’s last stance to protect his girls. He had no choice but to let go of many of the girls, hoping that they would be able to seek salvation elsewhere. Those he could send abroad he did, those he could find jobs for he did, and those he could save he did. However there were girls left over, that nobody was willing to lend a hand to.

Yes our story starts with the unwanted girls, who had once been fondly referred to at theatre girls, undergirls or in other words the girls that failed to shine brighter than their fellow members. Akimoto Yasushi, you could find remains of his name in tattered textbooks he was the producer of the once famous AKB48 and its numerous sister groups.

It was the year 2015, when the struggling group was given its last choice they could no longer manage to support themselves in fact less than 90% of the country could, not that it was a huge number Japan suffered devastating losses in its population when the nuclear bombs hit its main cities, Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya were bombed. This had effectively wiped out over 15 million of Japan’s population and threw both the government and civilians into panic.

In the following months the country was put into a state of panic which allowed for several people to rise up and as a result Japan returned to its origins, a feudalistic society.  In that chaos much of the Japan as we knew destroyed itself, it as if somehow overnight people lost what they used to view as most important – self-control.

Maybe if you were once a fan, the name Hirajima Natsumi would ring a bell it is because of her that all the trouble for the 48 franchise started. The loss of Hirajima Natsumi in the war had caused her father to become berserk, Hirajima Ryuusuke – or more commonly referred to now as Warlord Hirajima. He had taken over most of the devastated Kanto region and his power spreading into many of the surrounding regions.

“Have you considered taking Hirajima’s offer? We can’t afford to be against them for much longer. Sooner or later he’ll come for his answer.”

“Stall for as long as we can, Hirajima’s offer will mean death to any of the girls that hand over. You of all people should know he is filled with rage from the loss of Natsumi – his only daughter.”

“It wasn’t even our fault!”

“A man blinded by rage and power will stop at nothing to seek his revenge. We are indeed the reason for Natsumi’s death, if it weren’t for us she wouldn’t have been traveling past Osaka when everything happened. It’s my fault and mine alone, none of the girls should be sacrificed.”

“The girls are getting weary of everything, performing for an almost empty theatre, it’s like we are back to where we started.”

“Things will get better, if history teaches us of anything is that people seek comfort and escape in music. It’s just a matter of if we make our next few moves right, if we don’t we will be annihilated.”

“You’re playing a dangerous chess games, Akimoto Yasushi.”

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:52:00 PM by sophcaro »

Offline aruka

• (Mostly) a silent force?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
Hoho~ a heavy background story, eh? I like the premise, though you said it's not quite happening. :thumbup
And the 'unwanteds' as the starring girls.. let's say it's doubling my likeness. :thumbup :thumbup

Girls dying is okay for me, as long as their cause of death don't fall into absurdities like in the too-gory films out there.
But considering you like to troll, better not expect anything. :lol:
My fanfic thread      : The Book of My Single Shots | Current update: IKEMEN GAKUEN Troubles [MINOR UPDATE 03/12]
Contributing a bit in : [script?] saku-chan's Drabbles | Completed: #33 - #40 - #89 - #213 - #214

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline karomuwi

• Rena-sama~ I adore thee!!!
  • Member+
  • I LOVE Mayuki, WMatsui, GekiBlack and Kojiyuu~!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
I'm being bad. :hiakhiakhiak:

Just pushed my books aside to comment on this new fic, since the interesting plot is too luring for me to take. :3
It's great...That this type of fic has been made. But I can't help but be saddened that Natsumi died in this fic.

Somehow...This is like the start of the AKB0048.
Well...That's my opinion.
I'm wondering who'll the pair would be, if there would be one.
And what you'll be writing in it.

For sure, I can't wait! ^^b
Please update soon! :kneelbow:
Had a withdrawal, so now I'm planning to fall in love with the couples all over again

\(^ - ^)/
Here are my fics~! They can be found amongst these three. :hee:

Shots
Love's A Mission
Oh My Dolly!

R.A.Y
SoUL (Series)

The Akiba Family (T.A.F)

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
Nacchan T_T

Offline 0_o

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 10:46:19 PM »
Herpaderp /o/ hope you don't have high hopes for this fic
Or expected any happy endings... AT ALL

@karomuwi - I originally thought of it more as Battle Royale for some reason. The pairings well... let's just say I don't ship anything mainstream.
@aruka - I haven't figured out how exactly they're going to die but... the idea that I have isn't gory but it most definitely hurts my heart.

“Ne… Sayaka what are we going to do?” the familiar voice of Katayama Haruka – Haachan asked,

“I’m sure Akimoto –sensei will think of something.” Akimoto Sayaka replied with a bitter voice having long lost her respect for the former father like figure of AKB48.

“Why are you still here if you don’t trust him, you could’ve just gone back to the Philippines.” A bitter Matsui Sakiko - Sakippe asked from behind Haachan.

“Someone had to take the job – keeping you all alive I mean.” She said shaking her head; Sakippe would hopefully never have to understand her bitterness.

“…Would you just forgive him already? It’s not like he meant it…” A weak Nakata Chisato – Chiichan tried to add. “He didn’t mean it? Have you already forgotten?! She died right in front of our eyes! HE JUST STOOD THERE, HE LET NATSUMII DIE!” Sayaka asked with tears flowing, the memory of fellow second generation member Matsubara Natsumi flashing before her eyes. “H-he…” Chiichan tried to add but lost her voice as she witnessed the once proud Team K leader fall to her knees weeping.

Everyone fell silent until Umeda Ayaka hobbled in after hearing Sayaka’s crying from outside the room. Umeda Ayaka – Umechan, was one of the luckier members who got away with just a fracture in her left leg. Everyone else who was with her that day Sae and the DiVA dancers didn’t make it when their bus crashed. “Sayaka…”

After hearing Umeda’s voice, Sayaka pulled herself together and walked outside leaving everyone confused. “Don’t worry about Sayaka.” Umechan told the others, “She just needs some time to herself.” Sakippe just snickered, “Don’t we all. There are at like 10 of us trying stuck with each other every single day. She’s not the only one who coping. Grow up people, can’t just depend on the leader anymore.” Sakippe followed in Sayaka’s footsteps and walked outside, heading to visit ex-member Nonaka Mistao – Micha.

If anything from the number of older members, Micha was one of the luckier ones her family was still stable after the war and could afford to take her back into the family. Many of the others lost their families or found their families struggling to make ends meet as it already was. Those who had no people to turned to remained in the rapidly deteriorating AKB48, struggling to stay alive.

The majority of the underage were sent back to their families and people who could find other ways of surviving mass
graduated. It should also be noted that a majority of the underage were sent to military camp not long after returning to their family. In a country that was preparing to be torn by war, the youth were its only weapons and would be taken advantage of. Everyone knew that it would only be a matter of time before Warlord Hirajima launched his conquest to take over all of Japan. Every single warlord was preparing for that grand battle, conscripting as many they could. Leaving behind only 20 or so members, for which Akimoto would eternally be grateful for, any more and the ship would have sunk a long time ago.

The only thing is he was left with a bunch of bitter and angry members who had become weary of each other. Fights broke out often and the once loved theatre performances had become a mess. AKB48 would not be able to rise out of the ashes at the rate that everything was going. Akimoto knew of it too and was making his plans to end everything.

“Gather the members.”

“… I hope what your doing is right. One wrong move and all of us will die. Of course you’d still make it out alive though.” Sayaka replied sarcastically before exiting to gather up the remaining members.

“And now begins the final judgement eh…” Akimoto Yasushi muttered worriedly to himself quietly, his voice betraying his original emotionless attitude. “Everything is in God’s hands now”

Offline bochang

• Psychology Student with a Psychological Problem
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • You can't love another if you don't love yourself.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
Uwooo...

If this fic will be like a battle royale...

Ò.o it will be very interesting...
The psychological impact to the girls will be very devastated..

And warlord? Sangokuhi? LOL so there are some people who became a warlord to unite(or control) japan?!
It's great!!! :3

And poor them (the undergirls) #sigh..

In my pov sayaka is the vice captain of akb, she needs more votes!!!!! Gyaaah!! #frustatedovertheelectionlastweek
She only get the 20th... TT.TT
[size=14]ON HIATUS[/size]
(for writing, next term gonna start and lack of inspiration ==" Yeorobuen, Mianhaeyo)

My fanfic:
Infinity and some OS (Ongoing, Chapter 13 Released)
Akibahara Syndrome (Ongoing, Chapter 2 Released)
Bochang's scribble collections

ask me anything @ http://www.formspring.me/hein156

please drop by :D

Offline 0_o

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 05:56:36 AM »
@bochang - nothing like battle royale, I could still turn it into something like that... Nacchan's papa is actually in control of the Kanto region and on his way to take over the entirety of Japan. I'd actually be so much more interesting for me to write about Hirajima Papa taking over Japan and what the lolis are doing in military school but that'd be painfully long.

:banghead: The longer I stall for this fic, the more ideas I get and the long it gets.

Tbh this fic is just a sap fest. A nice big sap fest, the action is where the other poor girls are. Bless their hearts, if they aren't rich they're stuck in military school and practically waiting to die.
_____

Akimoto Sayaka walked towards the cramped rooms that everyone was supposed to be practicing in impatiently. “Guys, Akimoto said to gather up.” She ordered not taking heed of the guilty expression that was on Kuramochi Asuka – Mocchi’s face. Everyone trudged outside with uncertain looks on their face, the last person to leave was Mocchi, her troubled face never lifting even when they gathered in front of Akimoto Yasushi.

“Warlord Hirajima has given us two choices; we either evict the whole group out of the Kanto region or…” Akimoto left a dramatic pause, wondering what would be the best way to tell them of their devastating future. Everyone stared in shock, grabbing the hands of the person closest to them. They all knew what the other option was and had spent the last year praying that it would never come to this day. “We hand over half the girls to ensure the other half stay alive. We have 3 days to makes our decision or he will kill us all, including former members.” He concluded before slowly walking away once again. The decision wasn’t up to me to make, he would tell Akimto Sayaka in the future when she brought up the forbidden topic.

Everyone just stood there quietly; they knew that they were going to be the ones sending their teammates to certain death. “Everyone, we have three days to decide so go back and think about it.” Sayaka said emotionlessly, she could see the fear in everyone’s eyes. Nobody wanted to die, when less than a year ago almost all of them did. They were the survivors, only to be forced into sending their teammates to death.

Among the group of disheartened members stood a former famous hetare, Sashihara Rino. Mocchi looked at her worriedly, as she felt her grabbing her hand and leading her away from the group. “I-I want to volunteer myself.” Sasshi said hesitantly while look down at the floor; she didn’t want to see her girlfriend’s reaction. “Y-you can’t!” Mocchi shouted drawing the attention of the straggling members. “You can’t…” She said quietly, tugging onto Sasshi’s hand. Sasshi just look up to face her in the eyes and said, “I know you’ve been dealing with Warlord Hirajima…” Mocchi fell speechless from the words; she had prayed that Sasshi would never have to know about what she’s been doing for the Hirajima family. “I-I…” She had lost her voice, Sasshi’s eyes were not angry, they were just disappointed.

“Mocchi, after everything, please don’t work for Hirajima anymore…” Sasshi told her before walking off to where Aika was waiting for her. Aika gave her an unpleasant look before dragging Sasshi off towards the other members. It was only after Sasshi was far away that Mocchi allowed herself to break down in tears, no matter how much tried to keep Sasshi safe, she just couldn’t. Her usually wimpy girlfriend was going to be one of the members that sacrificed themselves for the group. It wasn’t supposed to be meant like this, Sasshi was supposed to be by my side till the end. She thought to herself while sliding down to the ground.

That night, 2 girls volunteered – one of them being Sashihara Rino. Kuramochi Asuka was nowhere to be seen when that announcement occurred.

“Nakayan, don’t do it. Please.” Begged the only other remaining members of 3rd gen, Oota Aika and Haachan not wanting to lose another person close to them.  Yes, the other member that volunteered was in fact Nakaya Sayaka – Nakayan. “Guys… I’ve already made my decision, you can’t stop me.” Nakayan said pulling out of Aika’s hold. “There has to be another way!” Screamed Aika forgetting the fact that they weren’t the only ones in the cramped room all the members shared. “Aika… just let Nakayan go.” Ordered Haachan, giving up on everything. To all three of them everything had become to tiring, after so many years in the group they just didn’t know what more they could do. It was down to three already, they aside from Umechan and Sayaka they were the most experienced members. They were supposed to lead the others but instead they distanced themselves from everyone else.

“J-Just promise me that the two of you will make it out alive.” Nakayan coughed out, the both of them knew why she was volunteering herself. There wasn’t much longer that Nakayan could struggle on to keep herself alive. She was making use of what she could do now, sacrificing her already weakening self to keep the other two alive. Hearing this Aika scrambled out of the room trying not to let anyone see her cry. “I promise. Aika does too; she just needs to wrap her head around everything.” Haachan promised solemnly, soon it would be down to the two of them. “Thank you.” Said Nakayan giving Haachan a bright smile, it was that smiled that ensured Haachan’s will to trudge forward till the end.

Nakayan was not the only one that wanted to just give up and sacrifice themselves, Haachan was no different but because of Nakayan she would live to see the days of her next birthday.

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 10]
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
OMG!!!! This is sooo....well written... But I wonder, are Yuko-sama, Rena-sama and others already dead, or are they in somewhere safe, like it was mentioned before? I just wonder, which members are still alive..... *prays for Yuko-sama and Rena-sama to still be alive*
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 10]
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:37:06 AM »
@sakura_drop_ I always assumed that the more well known top members managed to struggle on with their lives without needing AKB48 holding them back. However I haven't quite thought out what happened to all of them either. One group at a time I guess, but rest assured they're alive.

That night, nobody was spared from the tense atmosphere. The majority of them finding themselves awake staring at the ceiling for hours, the only thought running through their minds – who was next. There were still 8 more spots, and at the end they would have to sacrifice their best friends, team mates in order to stay alive. There were only 2 more days for them to decide their fate.
Before they knew it the sun had risen and the members reluctantly dragged themselves out of bed, to prepare breakfast for themselves and the others. They were some of the luckier ones, still able to feed their group. Yet at the back of their minds they knew that it was only because of the fact Akimoto was dealing with Hirajima. The guilt in each and every one of them was building. Would they be able to live knowing that for the safety of their life cost another?

Just as it pained Lovetan and Haachan to know that they had to continue to live on in what would be the memory of Nakaya Sayaka. Everyone would have a shadow following them for the rest of their life.

Once breakfast was cooked it was brought back into the tiny room that they were all cramped into. You could see the bags under everyone’s bloodshot eyes. “Guys…” Miho started but was silenced by Sayaka. “No… don’t, wait till tonight. I don’t think any of us could handle another announcement.” Sayaka told her restlessly. “Reminds me of the announcements we used to have.” Sakippe muttered sarcastically to herself. She was referring the famous heartbreaking announcements that the group had during its days of fames.

From everyday graduations to the famous team shuffles, better yet resignations of your best friends. Yet this time it wasn’t a matter of who was graduating, but a matter of life and death. You wouldn’t be able to see them again; they were going to be gone forever. That’s what Sashihara and Nakaya have signed themselves up for. They too were once chasing after their dreams in this group but now they are going to give up their life to ensure that the others can continue striving through the roughest times.

There was a foreboding mood in the air that day, even through rehearsal. They had a performance tonight, but whether there would be people there, nobody knew. On a good day, maybe half of the spots would be filled but that was rare. The majority of the time it was maybe a row if they were lucky. To think that they would be back to the numbers of viewers like when they first started. It was a good day, but that’s because the news of what Hirajima was making the group do had already spread through the battered city. They were here to see what may possibly be their oshimen for the last time.

The stage wasn’t the best that it could be; all the members knew that when they finished the measly encore that had been prepared. To them there were far more serious things to be worried about they were going to be losing more people. They gather in the tiny dressing room behind the stage, everyone was sweaty from the performance and the humid atmosphere but none of them wanted to hurry and get changed. Dinner was after this and none of them were ready for what would come after. Among the worried members stood, Ishida Haruka – Harukyan who looked at her tattered cell phone worriedly. Today was the only day where Hirajima would allow for the phone lines to be opened. It would be the only day of the week where people could phone each other, she had 3 hours decided whether to phone her or not. She was worried for her best friend, Ono Erena – Erepyon. Of course the ex graduate wouldn’t be one of the people sacrificing themselves but the problem was what Miyazaki Miho – Myao tried to say that very morning.

Everyone knew that Myao was going to be the next one to volunteer. They had all witness how much she had grown up since everything happened; she was the one who took over Takahashi Minami’s former role when she passed away during the war. She was the one trying so hard to keep everyone together but it just was far too hard for her to do it by herself. She had gone such a long way from the bad mouthing kouhai to the responsible leader. Exactly because that she thought that she should be one of the people who volunteer themselves for death simply because she is the leader. Selfless indeed, truly deserving of that spot in the theatre that would eventually be set as a tribute to all the past leaders.

As much as people did not want for the time to come, it eventually did and with it brought the announcements that none of them wanted. “There are still 8 more spots; Akimoto sensei is trying his best to ask Warlord Hirajima for an extension.” Sayaka said emotionlessly, she was back in her manager mode. No wonder the fortune tellers keep on telling her that she could be a wonderful manager. She was nothing short of perfect, with no emotional ties when it came to business.

Myao stood up and said, “I volunteer.” There were no tears, everyone knew that it was coming from day one; it was expected that Miyazaki would in fact be the first one to volunteer. AKB48 was yet again losing another one of its leaders. It was as if the position was cursed in a way. From her spot Harukyan bit her lip, she had decided that she would be sneaking out after to make a phone call. For her best friend’s sake they should at least settle their problems before it would be too late.

Miyazaki Miho was not the only one to volunteer that night, on Sayaka’s clipboard there were two other names added, Fujie Reina – Reinyan, and Chikano Rina – Chikarina. The two turned to each other in surprise when they heard the other go, “I-I volunteer.” at the same time. They just gave each other a laugh and clasped their hands together when they realized that the two of them had become so similar after so many years. However on the other hand right across from Reinyan sat a shocked Harukyan. Today just wasn’t Ishida Haruka’s day, her crush of three years and former best friend was also volunteering herself for death.

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 11]
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 07:50:08 AM »
One more part and then we've caught up /o/ The longer I stall the more ideas I get, this is not good... not good at all.
Oh have I mentioned how Eremyao is a dead sunken ship that will never be revived? Well yeah. ;~~; my shipper heart it hurts
___

After the announcements Harukyan rushed outside, the phone lines would only be open for another 5 minutes. She quickly dialed Erepyon’s phone number with her shaking hands, it was mid July but after the war the temperatures had become all weird not mentioning the amount of air pollution that was around.

“Hello?” A tired, hoarse voice called out.

“You’ve heard haven’t you?” Harukyan said without an introduction, they had to hurry there wasn’t must longer left. The girls who were passing Harukyan gave her strange looks; they had seen her reaction towards Reinyan’s announcement.

“So it’s true…” Erepyon coughed out, the tiredness leaving her. She herself knew that there could be nothing good coming out of this phone call.

“Miyazaki’s volunteering.” With that the phone went dead, the clock had hit midnight. Harukyan looked at her phone worriedly, but she too had her own problems to deal with. She had done her duty as a friend and now it was time for her to sort things out herself. Harukyan was numb from everything that had happened in the last year, it just far too surreal. It was almost like someone out of a movie, but it was happening to them. No matter how many times they told themselves that it was all a bad dream or that everything would get better, deep inside they knew that things were only going to get worse.

There was a limit to how many lies they could deceive themselves with.

Chikarina and Reinyan were the only ones left inside the room; everyone was leaving the two to talk about their choice with each other. Everyone knew how close the two had become over the years, despite being of a different generation and team. It just felt so unreal that the both of them would be volunteering for death yet they still looked at each other and smiled. It gave the other members chills to think that the two were apparently so okay with each other and themselves dying. It was at this that Sakippe would come to wonder why, why would they give everything up when they had finally secured better positions in the tattered group. However this would be something never answered, nor the eeriness that surrounded the two up till their final days.

Harukyan had finally returned from her phone call to see the two happily chatting. This only pained her more, but she knew that she had no power to make Reinyan stay. In short, she wasn’t a part of Reinyan’s life anymore she had given up that chance when she rejected her when she tried to seek comfort in her arms. The war had ruined what Harukyan believed to be her only chance to be with Reinyan, she was too shocked and blinded by everything that she didn’t even know that she was pushing Reinyan away from herself. She had nobody to blame but herself, she was the one that pulled away from everything and come to regret it.
Some things just couldn’t be patched up anymore, and that was one of them.

The other members had all started to slowly trickle in after Harukyan, all of them still numb from the announcements. There were 5 more names to be added to Sayaka’s clipboard, it was their only choice because they knew that even if they were to get out of the Kanto region, Warlord Hirajima would still hunt them to the far corners of the world. To him, they were the reason why he lost his only daughter and could never be forgiven.

Harukyan spent that night thinking about all the things that had brought her to this state, she spent it wondering why she was still in this tattered group. To be honest, she had never expected for herself to stay this long. She herself before the war was considered the bane of the management’s existence.  There was no reason for her to stay in the group after the war yet something compelled her to stay despite the fact that she would still be able to survive outside. Perhaps, it was just the feelings of gratitude for the group, perhaps it’s because the group was struggling and she felt compelled to help it through its roughest moments. She snickered to herself at that thought, “Who’d think that I’d get so attached to this group…”

Chikarina had noticed something was completely wrong with Reinyan that night, from the volunteering to the way that she talked and smiled to her. After being friends for so long, she just knew that something was different about Reinyan, something was terribly off with the girl and that worried her a lot. The more they talked the more concerned that Chikarina got, her friend was sounding extremely depressed. She knew that the war had made everyone depressed but Reinyan was starting to become an extreme case. Especially since the girl had lost both Mai and her parents in the nuclear war, what made things worse was that Harukyan whom she had loved pushed her away.

Chikarina watched from the sidelines as always, she was the bystander for everything and refused to ever step in. For countless years she watched girls join, leave their mark and graduate. She continued being in the background slowly watching as the theatre grew into what would be Japan’s most famous idol group of the 21st century, yet at the same time she slowly watched as girls became burdened and fell to the ground. She watched as some of them struggled to get back up and others that gave up. She had seen everything, and knew everything that went on behind the scene. Nothing managed to escape her eyes, especially not how Reinyan and Harukyan thought about each other.

To help or not to help… that’s the question that floated in Chikarina’s mind.

Myao felt strangely calm from everything, perhaps it was the first time that she hadn’t been awoken by nightmares since Takamina died. Taking over Takamina’s spot had been so stressful for her; it was as if everyone expected her to grow up overnight. There was no more feeling like she wasn’t good enough, that she couldn’t possibly live up to the title of Captain. To her this was the definite choice to make as captain. However as Miyazaki Miho there was still a bit of doubt in her, was she really okay with throwing away her life for the group? She, like everyone else still has so many dreams that she wants to make come true. There were still so many things that she wanted to do with life, but now she won’t be able to do it anymore.

These would be the last days for her to dream… to dream of a time before the war, before the world around the girls crashed down on them.

There was only one more day, but still 5 more names needed nobody slept that night either, other than the 5 who were already accepting their fate. These were the darkest years of their formation, these years would be etched into each members mind until they were set free by death. Even till then they would have to continue to struggle to live in the memory of the fallen members. They would come to realize that it was far more cruel and worse to be alive than to have sacrificed themselves. The cruelest punishment that Hirajima could ever do to the tattered group, whether they fell or rose up again they’d have shadows following them everywhere.

The sun rose and day 3 hit, today was going to be their last day. Maybe for some of them but at the rate that everything was going it might well end up that everyone was going to die at the hands of Hirajima and his army.

Nobody wanted to climb out of their covers which were protecting them from the harsh reality that they would need to face if they woke up. 5 more names were going to be added to that clipboard by the end of the day, whether they wanted to or not. More people were going to die, and more guilt was going to shroud their future.

Myao was the first one to pull herself out of bed, as the leader she was expected to set an examples for the others. However by the time she managed to actually pull herself out of bed it was already late morning. Seeing that everyone wasn’t going to get up anytime soon she decided to go out for a little walk. It would probably be her last time to see everything, but little did she know that outside of the building stood the very woman she spent her last 4 years avoiding – Ono Erena.

“Miho…Can we talk.” Myao heard this and froze; she didn’t actually think they would ever see each other again. She had prepared herself to forget all about her, to remove her existence from her mind. Myao didn’t say anything and just continued walking, albeit a bit faster than she usually would. Her hands were jabbed into her pockets but she could feel them sweating. “Miyazaki Miho! Stop!” Erepyon shouted after her trying her best to keep up, but was struggling due to her own leg injuries. She did not make it out of the war unharmed, her legs were broken but although healed she did still have trouble running.

Myao never turned around to look at the person who was screaming pleads to her and only sped up, praying to herself that she would just stop. Even though in the back of her mind she wanted to stop, she wanted to know why she was here but at the same time she knew that confrontation would bring unneeded pain. The shouts suddenly stopped and Miho couldn’t help but curiously turn around. Ono Erena was crouching on the ground in pain and Miho couldn’t help but rush towards her. Some things just hadn’t changed over the years, no matter how much Miho wanted it to.

Miho turned to leave as soon as she realized that she was lifting Erena up but found herself unable to walk away. “Don’t leave.” Erena pleaded grabbing onto her arm. “Let go. Just let go, it’s not the first time you’ve let go of me anyways.” Miho said looking away from her.

“Myao…”

“Just let me go.” Miho pleaded, tears were starting to gather in her eyes. She didn’t know just how long her resolve would stay, she had to get away. She wasn’t going to let history repeat itself. No happiness shared was worth the pain that was brought after. She had decided after the second time that they broke up, that she would never go back to the woman called Ono Erena.

“Miho, just look at me.” Erena begged softly, she knew it herself this would be the last time that she could ever see her. She couldn’t just let her walk away; she couldn’t leave her all alone again. No matter what happened in the past or even how either of them felt towards each other now, all she knew was that she had to talk to Miho no matter what. At whatever costs that she had to make, she’s seen and heard far too many stories of people never getting to say goodbye to their loved ones, of people who lived with regret for the rest of their life. She didn’t want their story to end like this, she didn’t want to think back on Miho and remember the fact that she broke her heart twice.

Ono Erena regretted everything that she did and sacrificed for her career, but there was no way that she could turn back time. She was the one that chose to leave her and for that past years she was content just finding out news about Miho every once in a while, to know that Miho was still happy in AKB48 where she found a home.

“P-please let me go.” Miho said in utter anguish, choking over her own words. It broke Erena’s heart to know that she had done this much damage to a girl she had once loved so much. It broke her heart even more to know that she would never be able to make it up to her, she would never get to see her smile again, and she would never get to see her toothy grin.

This would be the last time they ever met, that thought flew through Erena’s mind once again and her grip on Miho’s arm only got stronger. “I don’t care if you don’t want to listen to me okay. I know that you’ve volunteered yourself, and I am in no position to tell you otherwise. I-I just wanted to say goodbye.” With that Erena had nothing more to say, the words wouldn’t come out and the grasp she had Miho’s arm slackened. She watched helplessly as Miho took that chance and ran away from her. It was like how she had predicted, that would in fact be the last time she saw Miyazaki Miho. The last image that she would ever get of her would be her running away from her with tears streaking down her face.

Miho ran back to the theater without looking back, the tears had long dried and it was only a lingering pain in her chest. It pained her just as much as it did for Erena, but she wasn’t the same girl and neither was she. They both had to grow up and to Miho; the only thing that needed to be done was ending it once and for all. This wasn’t a fairy tale, nobody was going to save them, they had realized this soon enough. They were alone now; even the few fans left from the hundreds of thousands couldn’t help them. Everyone was struggling; nobody had to time even spare a thought for the former glorious group.

To Miyazaki Miho, she was ready to die without any regrets now. Nothing was going to stop her from protecting this group that was handed to her by Takahashi Minami. It was her duty as a senpai, and as the leader to protect this group.

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 12]
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 05:47:17 AM »
herpaderp now we're caught up.

_____

Chikano Rina thought about it for the whole day, about her career in AKB about everything that had been done. It wasn’t a surprise that she knew things that people wanted to keep hidden; to her the group was just a mess of relationships. She had realized soon after she started watching that the more someone wanted hidden, the easier it was for her to see. She tries to hold back her knowing smiles, to keep all the secrets that she knows but sometimes it gets lonely to know all of this by herself. It gets lonely to just watch from the sidelines.

Her smiles started to falter; she didn’t want to know about things anymore. At first it was interesting, it was nice but then she started to not want to see. She didn’t want to see the jealousy, the love or even the friendship. She envied the others for being able to connect so well while she just watches from her sidelines. She just wanted someone to be by her side too, she wanted to have someone to share the view of the sidelines with. In reality, Chikarina was just a lonely girl that wanted someone to be there with her.

That person did eventually come along, in the form of a girl a year younger than her, Fujie Reina. It came to her as a surprise though she had never expected it to be Reinyan of all people. The same girl who clung onto Oshima Mai, Ono Erena and Ishida Haruka. She remembers observing all of her interactions with MaiMai with curiosity; it had surprised her to see the relationship that was forming between the two. Yet at the same time she knew that it was simply the fact that young Reinyan was clinging onto someone as a form of support. Fujie Reina, was far too dependent on Oshima Mai and that was why her graduation had hurt her so much.

With the departure of Oshima in her life, she had turned to Erepyon, and later when she graduated that was when Reinyan had finally realized that she needed to change. Reinyan knew that her dependency on people would cause her own downfall. Chikarina hesitated at first when she and Reinyan were paired since they had the same production company. She didn’t want to turn out like Mai Mai and Erepyon, people that Reinyan unconsciously used.

In the end she was glad though; she looks back at her choices and thinks that it was probably one of the best choices that she had ever made. She doesn’t regret opening up to Fujie Reina, because now she has someone to share that view from the sidelines with.

It is only then that Chikarina thinks that maybe she should help Reina who’s stood by her side this whole time. There wasn’t much time left, and she didn’t want Reina to die with regret. She just wants her best friend to think about the choice that she had made. Was death really going to be a way to hide from all her problems? Chikarina knew that everything was just piling up and Reina just couldn’t stand it anymore.

Chikarina thinks that she should just throw Harukyan and Reinyan into a room and lock them in until they talk, but gives up on that plan soon after.

“What do you want Chikano.”

“I need help.” She asks the last person she would ever want to talk to since everything happened.

“I’m surprised you came to me, should you be clinging onto Fujie right now.” The person replied back with a smirk.

“That’s why I need your help.”

“Tell me what you want me to do.”

It had gone better than expected for the both of them; because Chikarina was sure that with the history between the two of them, they would probably break out into a cat fight before ever working with together. Then again, everything was for Reinyan so everything was worth it. That was how Chikarina and Wasamin banded together to try and in their own way save their friend.
“You get Reinyan and I’ll get Harukyan. I don’t think your kidnapping plan is going to work either.” Wasamin ordered Chikarina skeptically. It was to be noted that Wasamin was in fact next in line for the leader position. Not that any of the girls knew, but Akimoto Yasushi was writing up his plans to keep his precious group afloat after all of this trouble.

Chikarina thought to herself about how scary that Iwasa Misaki could be, it was surprisingly really to think the little girl that liked enka grew up to be like this. Perhaps it was with the loss of her enka career with the war, but she was most definitely someone to be cautious of. Her ambitions, her everything but most of all the fact that she could easily manipulate people. Little did Chikarina know that Wasamin would become the next leader of AKB48, the one that raised it from the ashes.

She didn’t know how Wasamin did it but, she had managed to get Reinyan and Harukyan thrown into the same room so that they could talk. To the others, it was practically a miracle since the two have been hiding from each other ever since everything happened.

“My job is done.” Wasamin told the shocked Chikarina before dusting her hands and walking off to join Komorin who was waiting for her.

“She’s scary…” Chikarina muttered to herself, scared of the changes that had happened to her. Where did the same innocent childish, only loved enka little girl that she first met?!

Chikarina just sighed and putting her hands in her pocket and walking off, there was nothing more that she could do for Reinyan now. It’s was all up to herself, she’s done her part, and hopefully the result will be the one that they both want.

“Back to my sidelines.” Chikarina smiled at the familiar comfort of never standing out; perhaps she could see what the others were up to.

To say that Reinyan was mad was an understatement; she was furious which was a rare sight because she was usually such a calm girl. She hated being near Harukyan, she detested the mere thought to her, Ishida Haruka was just a heartless betrayer. It was the first time in her life where she felt such hate, not to mention the fact that she had lost everyone close to her.  It scared her at first, she couldn’t control her hate and that scared her. She hated this side of herself and tried her best to stay away from Harukyan and supress that budding rage.

It was eerily quiet in that room, and Harukyan could feel the rage coming from Reina. She could only sigh in regret as everything was her fault. She didn’t know what there was that she could do, when Wasamin had approached her she thought that maybe the two of them just needed to talk to each other. Yet here she was standing in front of her speechless, it was only then when she realized no words would be able to break that wall that had formed between them and everything was her fault. She had let for that wall to build and she had not tried to stop it. In her own selfishness she had failed to realize its formation.

“Well?” Reinyan choked out, knowing very well that the others had locked the door on their way out. “There’s nothing for us to settle, nothing for us to fix, why have you brought us here?” Reinyan continued, still unhappy from the turn of events. “I-I…” Harukyan stuttered out trying to move towards Reinyan only to be avoided. “Stay away from me.” Reinyan told her with disgust, she no longer wanted anything to do with her. Harukyan bit on her lip, everything was hurting way more than it should. “I-I’m sorry okay?! I didn’t mean to push you away! But why can’t you stop being so selfish, you weren’t the only one that was suffering!” Harukyan shouted, she was fed up with the way that Reinyan had been treating her. She thought that it was okay, that she was probably the one to blame for all the pain that she had been feeling, that she was okay with being Reinyan’s emotional scapegoat.

Well, she wasn’t no matter how she tried to accept it, there was only so much unwarranted hate that she could take from the girl that she once loved. Harukyan’s fists were clenched as she finally let out the words that she’s been holding to herself for a year, “It isn’t fair Fujie Reina, and the world isn’t just about you. I loved you and I was okay with you blaming me. I’ve done nothing to deserve all the hate that you throw at me. Now you’re going to die and I just want to settle things and you make it seem like I’m trying to torture you or something. Fujie Reina, you are just one selfish bitch. Have you ever thought about taking a time to think about the people around you who are still alive and not over how everyone should be coddling you because you lost your family?!” She didn’t know when it happened but tears were flowing down her face while Reinyan looked on emotionlessly.

“Is that all you have to say? That I was the selfish bitch the whole time and that my hate towards you isn’t fair? You left me at the most important time, I needed you, but you walked away from me!” Reinyan. She was furious at the fact that Harukyan was blaming her for everything, when clearly she was the one that had been wrong. She had started everything with her actions; she was the one who pushed her away.

“Really now, did you ever considered the fact that maybe I lost loved ones too? Did you ever consider the fact that maybe unlike you I wanted time to myself to cope? Well it doesn’t matter anymore; you’re going to send yourself to death anyways. You might as well go on hating me, I don’t care anymore do what you want.” Harukyan sighed, hating the fact that everything had turned out worse before pulling out the key that Misaki had stuffed in her hands earlier. She turned back to look one last time at the girl she once loved before opening the door and leaving her. She would rather have it end now before it gets any uglier, even if she was going to regret this later in her life.

Reinyan continued to stand there, letting her brain slowly process the words that had been thrown at her. However she chose not to accept it, subconsciously she rather hide from the facts for just a little longer. She couldn’t fathom the amount of pain that she would feel if she accepted the things that Harukyan had just told her. She walked out the door and went to find Chikarina, the only person that she could trust.

_____
All comments, suggestions and stuff are appreciated.
Pity I've decided all the names of who's gonna go die already /o/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:41:31 PM by 0_o »

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 13]
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
It's an interesting story, but I wonder where this plot is heading to...  :?
Anyway, keep this up  ;)
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 13]
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »
Tonight marked the 3rd day; to the ones remaining it was a fearful night. There were still 5 more names to be called, and if nobody volunteered then, they would be chosen.

“Guys… tonight is the last time.”  Sayaka announced hoping that everyone would be able to make their minds and be prepared for what would be inevitable. The room quieted down and everyone turned to look at each other. Sato Amina took a deep breath before opening her mouth to speak, for what would have been the first time since the announcement of their fate, “I volunteer.” Amina let out a smile, as if a mysterious weight had been lifted from her shoulder; it was then that she realized just how right the decision felt to her.

The room fell silent again; nobody knew what to say now that the person who possibly loved AKB48 just as much as Takamina had just volunteered herself to die for the group she loved. For a moment everyone in the room felt ashamed of themselves, to see even Amina volunteer herself to keep the torn group alive. This shame, for those who remained alive afterwards would become their greatest motivation. As terrible as this whole thing was, the part of AKB48’s history served as the major turning point that it needed.

At this point the only thought that was running through the usually my pace Komori Mika’s mind was not food, not sleep, not Wasamin but rather ‘There’s no point of me staying in the group anymore; I might as well be of some use.’ Komori Mika –Komorin had been struggling for the last year with her injuries, normally if it had been prior to the war it would have been healed by now. However she wasn’t as lucky as many of the members that sat among her that day – she had been left almost crippled by the war. To her, staying in AKB48 was just because she was a pity case; she could do nothing to help the group no matter how much she struggled to appear on the stage every time there was a performance.

Komorin turned to look at Wasamin who was leaning onto her before whispering into her ear, “Misaki… I guess I’ll have to leave you now…” She saw Wasamin turn to look at her with a face of horror as she raised her hand and nodded at Sayaka who wrote down her name. It felt weird for her to see the tears build up in Wasamin’s eyes, she who had been so strong since everything happened. The others in the room pretended not to see the fact that Wasamin had dragged Komorin outside, instead they focused on Chiichan who had pulled herself up.

Chiichan grimaced as she said, “I’ll go, might as well.” Chiichan didn’t know why she was volunteering, it was in that spur of the moment she remembered her, the person she had looked up to. The person she would never see again because of the war. She knew that she would want the group to continue and if it made her happy up in the Heavens then there was no reason why Chiichan not to fulfill that wish. Sayaka nodded before writing Chiichan’s name on her clipboard, she looked around and saw all the torn faces in front of her. As much as it was killing the members, it was also killing her to see them being put through all of this. She knew that it was necessary but it didn’t make it any better.

“We still need two more names.” Sayaka announced, she was sick of her job really it felt like she was the one sending all of these girls to death. It felt like everything was her fault, she knew that the guilt was going to haunt her to death once all of the girls were gone. Yet she couldn’t do anything but watch from the sidelines as the drama unfolded, it was unfortunate for them but necessary. The room fell silent again and the tension in the room had become unbearable. Sayaka knew that there was nobody else that was willing and soon she would have to draw the last names. Another thing to add her growing pile of sins, just how was she going to face all the members that she had lost – just how was she going to face Sae.

“Is there nobody else?” Sayaka asked before pulling off her cap and throwing the names of the members in. She was right about to pull out a name when Aki-P came up behind her and grabbed her arm. “We won’t need that just yet, Warlord Hirajima has allowed us another day.” He announced before pulling her out of the room so that the remaining girls would be able to think in peace.
“How did you manage that?” Sayaka asked, even though she had a feeling that she probably didn’t want to know or cared to know. “I have my ways. Just be prepared for the day after, at the crack of dawn they will be sending out people to get the girls. Have them prepared and get the names tomorrow morning, give them some time to do their final deeds.” Akimoto ordered before walking off. Sayaka could only sigh as she watched as her boss walk away so casually. Sometimes she really did come to question if he cared about anything that was happening at all. 

“Chiichan, want to drop by the theater with me?” Amina said while pulling herself in front of the other girl with a smile. “Sure, it’d be nice to see it one last time.” Chiichan said lifting herself up and leaving the room with Amina. The room was silent and tension filled it but that’s not where all the drama was. The drama was outside where Komorin had been pulled to by Wasamin.

Iwasa Misaki was almost to the point where she would get down on her knees and beg Komorin not to do it. “You can’t!” Wasamin screamed into the hug that Komorin had pulled her into earlier. “Shush, you really have to let me talk some time…” Komorin jokingly complained to the girl while trying to comfort her. “You said you wouldn’t leave me alone!” Wasamin accused the poor girl, who had indeed promised her that. To say that the two girls were close would be a little of an understatement, they weren’t just best friends, they were comrades, buddies, but most importantly they were teammates.
____
I'm a little stuck at the wasamin/komorin part /o/ nothing went according to mah plan /o/
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [June 30]
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
She knew that it was childish for her to be like that when Komorin had already made her choice. She had seen just how much her friend struggled through the year and knew exactly what she was thinking when she made that decision. Yet it didn’t make it any harder for her to accept, her best friend was walking towards death and she couldn’t do anything about it to change her mind. “You promised.” Wasamin told her weakly, she was out of strength and hope. Komorin gave an awkward pat to the younger girl who was crying in her arms.

The two of them were 7th generation, and from there on they had become best friends. They had bonded during their research student days and even though they had been promoted to different teams they continued to be close. It was to a point where Wasamin couldn’t imagine not having Komorin there rooting for her. They would have never made it through the transition into Watarirouka had it not been for each other. They only had each other now, after the group had broken apart. Komori knew that she should stay, she knew that Misaki had chosen to stay for her.

Everyone knew, but nobody would comment about it – Warlord Hirajima had given certain girls a choice and Misaki was one of them. Her age was the problem, under normal circumstances Misaki should have gone to military school like the rest but here she was struggling with all the other members. Some would argue that this was better than being forced into a life of violence but others would beg to differ. Komori always had that voice in her mind, she knew that Wasamin was supposed to be with the others and no matter how much she tried to shove away the idea she knew everything was because of her.

“Hey… promise me you’ll be okay, promise me you’ll be strong, this really isn’t the Wasamin that I know.” Komorin tried to tell the girl only to make her cry even harder.  “You promised, you promised…” Wasamin continued to wail into her arms like a child, something that she hadn’t done in a long time. Not since they had joined Watariouka. Wasamin had vowed to be strong after that; she had to protect Komorin from the others.

They continued to stay in that position with Wasamina clenching onto Komorin’s shirt in silence. Wasamin was planning a way out of it, a way to persuade her not to do it but she knew that there was no way that Komorin would take back her word. She found it so hard to believe that this was the same Komori Mika that she first met; it was like all of the sudden she had grown up. She had become someone that no longer needed her protection.

“Mika… do you remember Ogi?” Wasamin lifted up her head and asked. “Yeah…” Komorin replied cluelessly not quite sure where Wasamin was going with it. “You’ve grown up a lot from then.” Wasamin told her with a smile, a proud one. “I had to, we all had to.” Komorin sighed out thinking back to the days when she could afford to pretend that nothing bothered her and everything was okay.
Wasamin swore that she would never forget it, the way that the two of them were treated when they joined Watarirouka. She had been young then, inexperienced with life but she truly had never expected something like that to occur, something like – bullying.

“Did you ever manage to forgive them?”

She couldn’t bring herself to forgive them for the way that they had treated her or Komori. They were supposed to be their senpais, they were supposed to be people that they respected. Yet, they had chosen to bully the two of them. It wasn’t their choice to join, it’s not like they wanted to ruin their so called ‘3rd Gen sub unit’. It wasn’t their choice to begin with, it was the management. The same management that had chosen to turn a blind eye to everything as long as nothing went out of hand.

“No.”

It was Mayu and Aika, of course there was no way it’d get out of hand so nobody ever bothered to help them. They had to suffer in such a group by themselves, even Ayaka who was of their generation couldn’t help them. Nobody could, Ogi favored Watanabe Mayu and so not even Nacchan or Harugon could help. Wasamin had learned to forgive the others, she knew that they couldn’t help it that they had to protect themselves foremost. They had come up to them multiple times apologizing for themselves and Mayu’s actions. With the death of Nacchan who tried her best to keep the two away, distracted Wasamin found it harder to hate.
It was tiring to even try to muster up that effort to hate on the likes of Watanabe Mayu and Oota Aika.

“Promise me you will.”

Wasamin turned away from her friend, there were just some things that she didn’t think she could ever do in her life. Not after everything that they put them through at least, even though Mayu was gone some scars just didn’t heal. Komori just sighed and patted Wasamin’s head, “Just try. At least be strong after I’m gone okay? I know you can do it.”

The tears just kept falling and Wasamin didn’t know what to do anymore, she knew that there was no way to change Komorin’s mind. She had to be strong; she knew what she had to do.

Wasamin pulled away from Komori and tried to muster up a smile, “I promise.”

With that promise Komori knew that she could leave without any regrets, as it had been just Misaki that was holding her back. Who would have thought that things would have snow barrelled into the way that it was now. These girls were making the most important decision of their lives, yet it seemed as if none of them were scared of what was to happen.
_____

Tbh im not too fond of this one, kinda disappointed actually, not enough depth but hey idc all my bunnies ran away n i just wanna finish n get this over with.

but omg chiichan n amina's plotlines r my fav. hopefully i'll be able to write it properly
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:24:57 AM by 0_o »

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [July 14]
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 12:26:21 AM »
CHIICHAN ARC CHIICHAN ARC OMG CHIICHAN BBY AIMU SORRY T^T

Amina and Chiichan walked towards the makeshift theater that had been set up as the original one had been destroyed taking much of what was in there with it. Nothing of importance was left, not the photos, not the stage, not even the pillars that had become infamous. Taking a seat the two stared that the empty space that they had treated as a theater for almost a year. It was here that they all struggled to find means to continue living with the world in such a terrible state. At first there were fans hoping to seek some sort of comfort but soon the numbers began to dwindle as people lost faith.

Amina turned to face the other girl wondering exactly how to start a conversation. The two of them had never been close before and after the war. In fact most of the members would see this as a strange pairing even though they had both hailed from the same generation and were the same age. There was always a question that she had for the girl, one that she never dared to ask. It was just Amina’s burning curiosity but she held it back for years as she knew that it would come off rude. This time though she shrugged off her social restraints arguing with herself that it was going to be her lasts days left so she might as well satisfy her endless curiosity.

She turned her gaze back to the stage and not the girl beside her before mumbling, “Chiichan, do you ever regret joining?” There was a little part in the back of her mind that had expected a yes she knew that she wasn’t supposed to judge but she couldn’t help it. From a fan’s view and from a member’s view she had never thought that Chiichan would have stayed in AKB48 for this long. She had always assumed for years that one day out of the blue Chiichan would announce her graduation. Amina felt bad but she thought that Chiichan was more of the wife type than an idol but Amina did admire just how much Chiichan seemed to look up to Tomomi. Just even the slightest thought about the girl made Amina cringe.

“No. Never, I met her.” Chiichan said with a smile, replaying all their little memories over in her head. It felt bittersweet to Chisato, the memories of Tomomi serving as a painful reminder of all that had happened. Yet when she stepped forward and volunteered she felt at peace. She truly believed that she was going to a better place; she was going to see Tomomi again.

Amina stayed quiet and let Chiichan bask in her memories, she didn’t know why but she felt envious of the girl. That pang of jealousy confused Amina, she had always thought that there was no reason for her to be jealous after she got past the whole senbatsu, non senbatsu thing. Amina was different from all the young and upcoming, to her everyone else’s interest in the theater paled in comparison to her own. Everyone knew about her love for AKB48, her love for the theater, her love for everything that AKB48 meant. She joined because of that love.

Now because of that love she’s willing to give up her life to keep the group afloat. To hopefully one day allow for it to once again inspire the masses the same way that it did for her.

“You really loved her didn’t you?” Amina couldn’t help but blurt out, sure she was into kissing the members but never once did she truly fall for them. They were all just friends if not victims of her kissing. Chiichan on the other hand, her feelings for Tomomi amazed her. Especially after everything that had happened during the beginning of the war, to see Tomomi leave after all of that was just heartbreaking.

“Mhm I guess I did, who would’ve thought that something like this would’ve happened. If it weren’t for all of this she and I... we would’ve never. It doesn’t matter anymore though, now that she’s gone and we will be too.” The two of them fell into a silence before Chiichan spoke again with a scoff, “You know, I promised myself that I’d make it into senbatsu at least once. I mean after getting into Next Girls I thought that I would finally have a chance. I just wanted to prove myself to her.”

Amina knew that it wasn’t her place to speak, that she would probably never be able to understand how Chiichan felt. Although she had always been thrown into the background she had twice been placed into senbatsu by her fans and that already was enough for her. Not that any of the rankings matter anymore, everyone was back to the same level. Nothing other than survival meant anything in a time like this. Fame and fortune, none of that had any use at a time like this.

“It doesn’t matter anymore right?” Chiichan muttered to herself, brushing away the tears that were beginning to fall. She had promised Tomomi she would be strong but she just couldn’t. Having had a time when she had been there by her side only hurt her even more. Let alone having her dying in her arms and telling her, “Sayonara ne, Chiichan. Arigatou.” The memories were killing Nakata Chisato.

Amina pulled Chiichan into her arms knowing that nothing she could possibly say would make it better. She had been one of the few that had watched as Chiichan and Tomomi grow closer. She was also there when she watched as fate screw Chiichan over once again by taking away Tomomi. Amina would admit that she had always been skeptical about this whole girls liking girls thing or even that love existed but after seeing what Chiichan and Tomomi went through... She couldn’t help but believe that there was still love left in this world.

Even after Chiichan’s sobs had faded Amina continued to hold Chiichan in her arms until the girl had finally fallen asleep. Something that she probably hadn’t done properly since Tomomi had left the group. Amina couldn’t help but look at Chiichan with a face of pity, it was the only thing she was able to do there was no way she’d be able to empathize with her.

Not Amina, the girl who never fell in love with another person. The only thing closest to it that she would ever get to feel would be her love for AKB48 as a group.

She continues to look at the stage wondering what was it that would possibly make her be willing to sacrifice her life for it. Was it the way that the girls had shone when they were on the stage, was it the hard work that all of them had put into it, or was it just what the stage meant to tall of them? Amina doesn’t know why or when it was that she had fallen in love with that small stage in the original theater. She doesn’t know when it was that those two pillars had become so meaningful to her.

She only knows that she has to protect the theater, and the very group that she had fallen in love with. The same group that had given her strength to continue to such a point.

“Nothing has changed, not my love for AKB48. Maybe the group has changed, but not me. Even after the theater was destroyed and we moved here.” She mutters to herself trying to justify her puzzling actions. It was merely a battle of the heart against logic and Amina knew which side was winning.

“I just want to protect the theater and everything that it stands for.”

Offline 0_o

• Member+
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [Aug 3] [Chiichan n Amina arc T^T]
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 01:07:46 AM »
I would speak of the ninth and last volunteer, but this never happened.
Everything had been a lie, no it was better yet that Hirajima Warlord reconsidered his options and his hate.
Nobody survived this incident marked as the end of AKB48. It was something meant to be forgotten, Hirajima had made sure that this deed would not be leaked out to the public. He did not wish for them to find those 10 volunteers, he promised of an extention but in truth he had mobilized his troops.
That very night when the girls had still been worried about the 9th and 10th, the attacks happened.
Hirajima Warlord wanted to wipe them all out.
And he did.
He sent all of his daughters precious teammates to accompany her in the walks of the afterlife.
-
It was a tradition every year, those that the kids that were forced into military school would visit the site. Wordlessly they would meet, each of them carrying flowers and crying.
It wasn't only the day that their lives had ended, it was also the day that Hirajima sent them into war.
They were the handful of survivors, the handful that survived enough to see AKB48 having become a legend for the textbooks.
However to them, AKB48 was gone.
As with their childhood.

[The End]

Offline Cometerz48

• "Nothing is prettier than a smart mind and a warm smile, thus that is why I like Kamieda Emika. She has both."
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Everybody needs a dark horse.Kamieda Emika is mine
    • hanachachachan
    • hanareswaris
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [Sept 21 - end]
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
This fanfic is so good  :cry:

So sad to hear all the girls died in the end...  :cry:

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Re: AKB48 - The Dark Years [Sept 21 - end]
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »
starts crying
to tell the truth I cant visualize the faces of some of the girls in here just with the nickname
but........... sobs....
Hirajima baka Im gonna kill you!!!
And......
well, this was really good, so nothing else to say really >.<

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - High Pressure