JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - I`ll Be There

Author Topic: Unbroken Promises: Prologue  (Read 1872 times)

Offline tenninquill

• Independent Writer <3 WMatsui <3
Unbroken Promises: Prologue
« on: November 21, 2015, 06:51:02 AM »
久しぶり!!! Now as you've probably already have found out... I take forever to upload something.  :nervous I guess you could say that it's just the way my mind works when it comes to writing something. I write, rewrite  :banghead:, edit, and then rewrite again xD But thanks to a few good voices that watch over my shoulder, I finally got a few prologues done for you guys.  ;)
Now this one is a story that will be inspired off of a specific source. I'll leave it up to you guys to guess which topic I'm inspiring this story off of ;) And like I've mention before, in terms of the type of stories I write, most of the time they will not be based off of the usual pairings. Please forgive me :peace: In the spirit of a good story, I hope that it can still attract your interests and encourage you to embrace the introduction of new characters from my mind.

Sincerely,
Tenninquill

~Prologue~

Self fades, tragedies resurrect, and all at once your world disappears. Forced to wander the depths of his mind, Hiro is lost within its seductive appeal. Much had been occupying his thoughts recently, and to his dismay, not much could lighten it’s weighted fury despite the natural elements of mid-summer showing such promise. ‘Are we ready?’ were the words that beckoned in his ear.

The cool breezes started to ease down to only a couple handfuls a day. Kids are walking along the road, side by side, with their parents who had picked them up from the school nearby, their laughter resonate with such glee and joy. The sun’s final rays of warmth graced his cold exterior with such bliss as a tough and aching breath is reluctantly released all too early.

Not soon after, a familiar voice immediately calls upon his undivided attention, beyond his darkness like a light at the end of a tunnel. “Papa, when are we going to go and see Okaa-san?” asks his little boy, Yuki, rocking in his seat beside him. The boy’s small hand lightly tugs against the hem of Hiro’s shirt which begs him to turn his head when he had not receive a response.

“Papa, we are going to see Okaa-san, aren’t we? You promised we would.” inquires Yuki once again, unsteadily holding his toy truck in his hand, and ignoring the reason they came to the nearby park in the first place.

Hiro didn’t look like a father, much less a guardian of any sort. In fact, his physical appearance made him look more like someone who would smuggle your kids and chain them to the walls of his cellar out of fun and self amusement. His looks are like that of a beast made flesh. Yet it manages to surprise every single time when his cold and desolate eyes transform into windows that reveal pure happiness and light within them alone at the very presence of his son: Yuki. Here was his little boy right before his eyes where every moment seemed to bring a smile that he hadn’t experience in such a long time, full of warm, his disposition: cheerful. “It shouldn’t be too long now Yuu-kun. I’m sure you're excited to see your Okaa-san, ne?”

“Yes papa!” declares Yuki without fear or worry as he grips tightly to Hiro’s arm and leans his tired head against his bicep.

Who would have figured that such a small and sweet little boy would belong to the one that they referred to as a beast?’ Some unconscious audience lingered, their thoughts baffled at the combination. They didn’t look anything alike, yet their relationship seemed so close like of that which belonged to a father and son. For those that kept on eye on them, Hiro prayed that they were only stuck in bewilderment. There were many times before where he was mistaken for a kidnapper or a pedophile who succeeded in indulging in his ultimate fantasy. This, among many other reasons, was giving him cause to become skeptic when considering to go outside for unnecessary activities such as ‘to play in the park’.

“Eh, papa, where will we stay for the mean time? Will we be moving in with Okaa-san?” came the small muzzled vibrations of Yuki's voice against his ear.

Hiro quickly became amused by such a question. ‘Moving in with his Okaa-san?! Now I would pay big money to see that come true.’ The very idea of it seemed impossible, so much so that it presented itself like a joke.

In a way, Yuki always felt that asking questions helped drag his father out from the depths of his own mind. His voice alone seemed to bring a smile to Hiro’s face since, every time he found him to be lost in thought, he would notice that Hiro could never bring himself to smile on his own. At least, not with most things.When Yuki finally heard his father chuckle it seemed to ease the rigid atmosphere.   

“Well how would you feel about going to the neighborhood where I grew up? I’m pretty sure you’re Okaa-san lives close by. We don’t want to keep her waiting, now do we?” informs Hiro, bringing up a playful smile.

“Whah! I’ll get to see where papa grew up? I can’t wait!” exclaims Yuki in amazement, trying to imagine as to what Hiro’s hometown is going to look like. Yet for Hiro he wasn’t quite used to this type of excitement concerning the fragile topic of his hometown. None the less, he disregards every apprehension and put on a smile for his son.

Seeing Yuki so excited about meeting his mother for the first time was enough to make him happy as well. He takes in a a deep breath and exhales it gently when finding himself conflicted as old memories try to push their way to the surface. His thoughts lingers to the crunched up paper in his hand that he had received earlier today when picking up Yuki from school.

“But this in particular can’t keep on happening Yuu-kun.” Hiro reminds, bringing the teacher’s note in his hands to his son’s attention, paralleling it with the bruises against Yuki’s face. ‘Passionate blood, weak skin . . . . there's no tomorrow.

“Ne, papa, you mad?” Yuki asks abruptly, forcing a few nostalgic involuntary memories back to Hiro’s mind.

Hiro shook his head softly as he remembered a similar situation he had when he was a kid. Somehow, he wished that he was as brave back then as Yuki displayed. None the less fighting was the last thing he wanted his son to get into, and he wasn’t about to make that mistake a second time. “Some things are worth fighting for, hurting for, but you know that I can’t help but get upset when I see you like this. You need to understand that getting hit and hurting other people isn’t the sort of fighting I’m referring to, Yuu-kun.”

“I’m sorry papa. I-I just want to be strong— like you,” Yuki admits “I wasn’t going to let them get away with it. I wasn’t just going to stand by as they said bad things about you!”

“And what exactly were they saying?” asks Hiro, raising a curious eyebrow at the accusation.

“They were making fun of the fact that you’re not my real otou-san. They said you’re a beast, and a monster!” explains Yuki, as his voice starts to sound unsteady and cracks to a different tone near the end.

“Yuki, we talked about this..” reminds Hiro, his seriousness breaking down into dust as he folds his hand around Yuki’s.

The small gesture seemed to calm him gown gradually, but Yuki’s low lip still quivers slightly, his mind conflicted by Hiro’s reply. He didn’t ever wanted to hear such words about Hiro. Those words ended up breaking part of both their hearts, honestly.

“They don’t know you like I know you. Y-You’re not a monster papa… I love you,” cried Yuki as he balled his hands into two small fists, those words finally driving tears to fall from the little boy’s eyes. “No matter what I’m not going to leave papa’s side. You are the best papa anyone could ever have, never would I want you to change, and I wouldn’t wish for anyone else in the whole wide world!”

Hiro remained indifferent by the facts presented since those were comments he heard on a daily basis, but when it came to his son’s reply nothing could stop the warmth that washes over his chest. Never, within his expectations, did he dream of hearing such words from Yuki, and yet the little boy knew a whole lot more than his still youthful years could tell. Somehow, Hiro knew he would do anything to keep that smile where it belonged, and more than he was willing to admit, Yuki had suffered enough.

He wipes the tears away from his little boy’s eyes and embraces him firmly. Hiro’s scruffy beard and long hair hang over his son’s face, giving Yuki a slight tickle. In the end, Hiro knew that in fulfilling his son's wish to finally see his mother would come at a steep price. But if that would make his son smile again than the price was gladly worth paying.   

“Never would I let someone take you away from me Yuki. You wouldn’t even be able to get rid of me, even if you tried,” Hiro reafirms with such a light heart tone as to not make his son worry. A small yet meaningful smile gave way to a hearty chuckle. “It took me a while to do it, but I think we’ll be able to see your Okaa-san first thing next week.”

The little boy immediately props up at his father’s words and the small arms that wrapped itself around his disappeared as fast as they came. Hiro was confused and stunned by his son's sudden action. “Eh? You’re not happy that you’ll be seeing your Okaa-san so soon?” Hiro asked in surprise as he catches his son twirling his fingers as if holding a secret he had been hiding for a while.

“N-No, papa, it’s not that,” Yuki retreats, jumping to his feet and standing in front of the latter who was still sitting patiently on the bench. “It’s just— when we go to see Okaa-san, you’re going to go and see that special someone aren’t you?”

Hiro’s eyes shinning with a faultier as his worrisome thoughts have come back to bight him in the rear-end. He thought it would just remain just that: a thought, but now it’s coming straight out from someone he never wanted to hear it from . . . Yuki. ‘He knew..

He had only mentioned the topic once before and the conversation didn’t even take place with Yuki around. His chest automatically tightens which made his mind draw a blank. The last thing he wants to do was lie to his son about his underlying intentions upon their visitation. He didn’t know how Yuki would take the idea of him meeting another woman on their trip that was not his mother. In fact, if it was wasn’t necessary he wouldn’t bring up the idea at all, but since the topic had already come up there was really no other choice.

So he decides to return the question with another, his voice automatically deepening in the process as he struggles to maintain a calm and seemingly indifferent means of eye contact, “So many questions today Yuu-kun. Would you be angry with me if I said I would be?”

The look on Yuki’s face gives Hiro a sense of relief when he notices his son’s eyes only resembling the feelings of child-like curiosity. “I-I guess not,” Yuki answers, his face resembling a cute puppy trying to pull off a deep adult mental state, yet unbeknownst to Yuki his following words seem to resemble exactly that, “If this lady really loves papa and makes papa very happy then I-I wouldn’t mind calling her ‘mama’ either..”

Hiro didn’t miss how his son shut his eyes in embarrassment once the last few words had been said. At the same time, he was amazed at how only these words, said by a child, could make every storm within him cease to exist.

Meanwhile, Yuki’s body is only fussing in place against the uncertainty to the response of his childish answer. Those little ears could only hear the sound of his father’s heavy breathing for the first few seconds. Then all of a sudden a silent tug took him by surprise as he finds himself in the cradle of his father’s arms where, as he looks up, spots a loving smile against the latter's features. Happy… but there was something sad about it.

The unsteady lifeless expression that he had prior returns, but now with a sense of peace laced in its wake. Racing through his mind were random thoughts about how small Yuki was in his arms, how young and naive his imagination is to the brutalities of today's modern reality, how fast the idea of seeing his mother can turn on its head and leave trauma. This could forever scar Yuki till the day he rests under the night sky’s eternal bliss, but as a father he knew just how much bigger the scar would be if they would never attempt it.

Yet as far as he knew, only Yuki could see the words his father spoke about prior in action within himself, another set of words that he kept with care in the back of his mind. Hiro's voice replaying over and over as the words were being recalled more than ever: “Some things are worth fight for . . . .”  Yuki smiled upon remembering those words and found himself with a renewed source of energy. “Can’t we go home and pack our stuff now?” asks Yuki excitedly as he brokes away from Hiro’s—almost— unbreakable bear hug.

“Are you sure? This isn't a joke is it?  We only came here to play about 10 minutes ago and it’s still early— ”

“I’m always serious papa!” Yuki cheerfully retorted, a grin stretching from ear to ear as he held out his hand to Hiro to gesture that he was ready.

Hiro, although taken aback by Yuki’s reply, gets up and takes his son’s hand. “You’re always serious huh?” Hiro asks. His playful curiosity breaking way to nothing sort of a happy outburst as they started to trek down the brick walkway.

Hiro surprises Yuki by agilely swooping down to lift Yuki up and place him on his shoulders. His son squeezes and giggles happily in reaction, jokingly holding on to Hiro’s ears. “You know, Yuu-kun,” calls Hiro, tilting up his head to meet his son’s expectant eyes, “You remind me of an old friend of mine and, when we meet her, I definitely think you're gunna like her.”
[img=291x180]http://i.imgur.com/bbYSDLh.gif[/img]

Offline Safiraalsana

Re: Unbroken Promises: Prologue
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:26:42 AM »
Please update soon.. interesting Storyy!!  :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - I`ll Be There