JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Kagome

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 551020 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #1860 on: January 20, 2012, 06:21:45 AM »
So as I was watching tonight's Jets game (which we won, BTW, :rockon: ) I noticed a few shots of people in the arena eating doughnuts. Thing is, they were all eating the same type of doughnut. A little quick bit o' Googling and VOILA!

TIM HORTON’S UNVEILS THE WINNIPEG JETS DOUGHNUT! XD

Did a little more Googling, and it looks like they (the guys at Tim Horton's) are also going to be coming out with a new Jets-themed Tim's card.

Well, I've had my current Tim's card for a couple of years now. I guess I should probably change it. :P
https://twitter.com/#!/TSNJetsProducer/status/160059667844833281
http://accesswinnipeg.com/2012/01/tim-hortons-winnipeg-jets-donut/

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1861 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »
^ :lol: don't they have Bluebomber donuts? It tastes like paper lol

GAGNER GAGNER GAGNER!!!

NOT ONE!

NOT TWO!!

NOT THREE!!

FOUR GOALS!!! Not since Wayne Gretzky. Paul Coffey. Sam Gagner. WITNESS TO HISTORY!! CHILLS 8 points 4 goals 4 assists this is like just REEDICK!! All THREE STARS!

TSN2 is replaying the game NOW!

And RNH is coming back on Saturday. The future of The Oilers can't be SWEETER!!!

WITNESS TO HISTORY!!

Let's drink some BEERS! Celebrate HISTORY!  :jphip:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1862 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
^ :lol: don't they have Bluebomber donuts? It tastes like paper lol

They do, but it's just a plain honey-glazed donut with blue and gold coloured sprinkles. The Jets donut kicks it up notch by having the team logo on theirs. :D

EDIT: Dammit...

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:25:47 AM by JFC »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1863 on: February 05, 2012, 05:17:04 AM »
^ Our Eskimos one has a logo too, don't wanna imagine what it's made of XD but dude JFC. That's your reaction to NHL History since 1989 Mario Lemieux's 8 spot? It has only happened 17 times. The Edmonton Oilers have it happen 4 times alone.

When
 txts Gagner and signs it '99' Who the fuck signs their texts. As Masa said: Wayne. MuthaFuckin. Gretzky :yep: Goes to show how classy these Legends are when Coffey called up Gagner too to congratulate him. You fight and root for Gagner cuz he was coming back from a wack injury and was thrown into the fire early in his career and got trade block talks...but he just came on fighting, literally taking on dudes bigger than him.

OK. See you February 27 when u wanna talk NHL :P

WHOA AND GAGNER GOT 3 MORE POINTS TONITE vs Detroit now ... This is unbelievable. Kevin Lowe walked by the play boy play booth and said "This should be a record for most points in 50 minutes = 11" Like some kinda magic going on, GAVE UP THE PUCK for a 2-1 shorty and Gagner deflects it home with 0.8 to go LMFAO!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1864 on: February 05, 2012, 07:21:49 AM »
but dude JFC. That's your reaction to NHL History since 1989 Mario Lemieux's 8 spot? It has only happened 17 times. The Edmonton Oilers have it happen 4 times alone.
I'm just waiting for one of the Jets to do it. :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1865 on: February 05, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »
^ Better stock up on Mark Scheifele memorabilia :P

AND THEY WIN IT IN A SHOOT OUT. Like what the hell. something surreal is coming over, or everyone is actually getting healthy. Whitney, Barker, Potter the Key D.

And kinda helps RNH is back in the lineup too, what a fucking clutch SO goal. LMFAO at Renney trying to get Belanger to slumpbust, he shoulda did it the Olli Jokinen way: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=615267&print=true

Jokinen was mired in a slump during the 2008-09 season when the Great One told him to get a little greasy.

"In Phoenix, I think I went 10, 11 games without a goal and he pulled me into a meeting and said ‘Hey, you take everything pretty seriously and you work out and your preparation is pretty good so maybe you should let it go a little bit and go have a burger and relax and maybe you'll get out of the slump'," Jokinen said.

methinks they really shouldn't have to pull the trigger on any deal, resign Hemsky to a one year deal, get Smyth longterm and keep the core vets together too. You knows Khabby has been great for Dubnyk run of late. BUT MAN. Hall and Eberle. Those were the snipers that were missing for so long. Guys who could actually put a puck in the net.

lol from this free magazine: http://avenueedmonton.com/articles/the-wingmen

Fuck. Where did I leave off in my NHL rants. What a horrific few months it has been but to have NuGE return to glory. shit be good. Couldn't even buy a break.

Like really, Taylor Hall got his melon cracked open yet he wanted to come back next game. GRIT. I see him as the next Captain.

c'mon SUTTON he can't even get a break. 6'6" and they assume he's a head hunter.

WHAT THE FUCK SEDIN SISTER BACK PICK ON PETRELL THAT IS BRUTAL CHEAP EUROPEAN STYLE OF PLAY. Finns had a nice run, the fuck was that Hartikanen call up :lol: he was like playing 5 games in 5 nights or smth.

Hope RNH can nail the Calder, even his injury was like slip on a shoelace.

NUUUUUUUUUUUGE

The Chemistry of the top line gonna be great for the Foundation. Gagner just gotta work on his percentages so it doesn't make Horcoff and Belanger do all the defensive zone face offs so you can at least mix up the PK with Hall and Eberle.

The realignment sounds promising, sure the NHLPA shot it down but to have teams like from the East more than once and this would help Winnipeg too, they don't have to travel all over Eastern North America. That giant ass division makes you go at it even harder!

The All-Star Voting was a complete JOKE like all the Sens fans stuffed the ballot without a doubt. When the hell we get an All-Star game back in Edmonton prolly when the new Arena is built but hey, at least they did the right thing and renegged on Eberle. http://vote.nhl.com/ via @NHL

I mean, fucking even the Pro Bowl (joke of all All Star games) names you to the squad, then just replaces the injured players. eberle actually came back and earned it. sheesh.

The outdoor game was kind intriguing with the whole Lindros "Will they Forgive him" kinda shit but man Messier can still play!!

This pic of me at Oilers vs Sharks on two Mondays ago, ready to shove some sweet potato fries up Joe Thornton's ass dedicated to Tris-chan and Ben The Shortall. the biggest shraks fans I know LOL!

They had the WHA Founder dropping the puck so it was extra special, Thanks to this guy we have teams in Edmonton and Winnipeg :bow: (and Carolina, Colorado and Phoenix lol)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1866 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:14 PM »
^ Better stock up on Mark Scheifele memorabilia :P
That kid's got the potential to be the future of the franchise. The FUTURE I say! :rockon:

Like really, Taylor Hall got his melon cracked open yet he wanted to come back next game. GRIT. I see him as the next Captain.
http://i.imgbox.com/aarwTPA3.jpg
I showed that pic so some students of mine, they were pretty grossed out by it. :lol:

Definitely a clear example to show kids why it's important to always have and use the proper safety equipment. :yep:

The realignment sounds promising, sure the NHLPA shot it down but to have teams like from the East more than once and this would help Winnipeg too, they don't have to travel all over Eastern North America. That giant ass division makes you go at it even harder!
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3682/walignment.png
No doubt about that. Papers here were wondering if the fact that the Jets' NHLPA rep (Ron Hainsey) was one of the ones who voted against it (despite the fact that it could've/would've benefited us a lot) would've caused some sort of rift between him and the ownership group. Hopefully it doesn't, and with any luck, the realignment has just been temporarily stalled. The NHLPA's position was apparently that there were still some things in/about the proposed realignment that needed tweeking/adjusting, and that that was why they didn't want to pass it this time. Hopefully next season will be the last one that we'll have to spend in the SE division.

The All-Star Voting was a complete JOKE like all the Sens fans stuffed the ballot without a doubt.

I mean, fucking even the Pro Bowl (joke of all All Star games) names you to the squad, then just replaces the injured players. eberle actually came back and earned it. sheesh.
That's pretty much bound to happen in whatever city they have the All-Star game. Watch next year we're gonna see a bunch of Blue Jackets getting voted in despite the fact that half the league will be "Who the fuck are these guys?"

The outdoor game was kind intriguing with the whole Lindros "Will they Forgive him" kinda shit but man Messier can still play!!
http://i.imgbox.com/aal6In1m.jpg
That's because Moose is the Chuck Norris of the NHL.

:rockon:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1867 on: February 08, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
i really don't remember hometown guys getting that much of a benefit. the numbers came in and Ovechkin got less votes than some of those Sens.

The biggest surprise of the year has to be the Rangers, all those years and Slats finally got that mini rebuild in there. Brad Richards ain't even making headlines. It's guts guys like Callahan:

The funny thing about Taylor Hall (or yet albeit scary) part of it is that Coach Renney got hit by the puck on Monday vs the Leafs. DAMN. Fuckers got trackmeeted. Who knew. Never even heard the players. Clark McArthur. At least Gags met Coff, prolly got a test drive out of it :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1868 on: February 10, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
YEAH!! Oilers actually lost to a first place team.

Sam GAGNER what the fuck keep feeding him the puck. That fourth line shoulda got some more minutes, Belanger is just making everyone suck :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1869 on: February 11, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »
So last night's game between the Jets and Capitals was a double goose egg until the last half of the 3rd period. Washington was the first to score, and with less than 5 minutes left to go, they were up 2-0. The Jets were able to come within one by pulling the goalie when the Caps had a pair of guys in the penalty box.

Approximately twelve seconds after the Jets' first goal...THIS happened. :rockon:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,805&event=WSH653   
Vokoun is not gonna live that one down for a while. ^_^

Suddenly the game was tied, and we were heading first into overtime, and when that didn't settle things, we had ourselves a shootout, in which Bryan Little completed the comeback. :thumbsup 
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,805&event=WSH680

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1870 on: February 12, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
^ oh man, the Caps keep floundering. Chimera save them!! NOW! :lol:

And who let's these fools buy tickets? Sens gotta be embarrassed to have em take over the 15 minute mark:

I'd tap dat chick tho. Junks :D

MAGNUS FINNALLY slump buster what is it, keep feeding him. With Hemsky trying to increase his trade value :lol: what an OT goal by Hall, fucking bullrushing!!

Hope trade deadline be quiet cuz gotta keep the core together, move a couple of chumps like Omark or smth. Finally everyone is getting healthy so let em do work.

next up the LEAFS who love to celebrate mediocrity! Yeah Sundin was good but, hey fancy banner:

lol hall ebz nuge. Cabbie is Pimp

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1871 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:50 AM »
And who let's these fools buy tickets? Sens gotta be embarrassed to have em take over the 15 minute mark:

Even without an NHL team, you can tell that Quebecers have AND show more dedication, passion and love for the game than some of the cities that DO have them.
:yep:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1872 on: February 15, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »
^ Yeah. Quebec deserves their team back ... if Phoenix moves there, they should trade squads with Winnipeg lol. I also heard shit about Phoenix moving to Seattle too, they wanna build a new arena.

LOL Staal getting a penalty after Tomáš Plekanec dives!   :lol:

and whoa. Mike Comrie retires! hey thanks for the many years of service! Enjoy that Reality Show career, or whatever. He was pretty tough, esp. with the 2nd go around with the Oilers. Hip injuries. Like fuckin 3 surgeries did him in damn.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1873 on: February 15, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
^
Would that Reality show career involve any more pics of Duff....um...."being grateful" to him? :twisted:

On another note...
MCKENZIE: BLUE JACKETS' NASH AVAILABLE FOR RIGHT TEAM
BOB MCKENZIE | 2/14/2012 11:02:18 AM

The 2012 NHL trade deadline just got a whole lot more interesting.

Last night, RDS (TSN's French language sister station) reporter Renaud Lavoie reported that Columbus Blue Jacket franchise player Rick Nash "is on the market."

This morning, Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline wrote on his blog that "for the first time, (the Blue Jackets) are willing to listen to offers for captain Rick Nash."
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387786

To be honest, part of me is surprised that he'd waive his "No movement" clause. He's been Columbus' franchise player from Day 1. But at the same time, I'm not that surprised because, well, take a look at where Columbus currently is in the standings, and where they've tended to be in the standings from season to season.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see:
a) if any teams on "Nash's list" choose to try to make a deal, and
b) if they do end up making a deal, what/who they have to give up to Columbus in exchange. :yep:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1874 on: February 17, 2012, 05:59:32 AM »
Yo Moog! Don't suppose you know this guy? :P

First person convicted in Stanley Cup riot sentenced to 17 months
By: James Keller, The Canadian Press | Posted: 02/16/2012 3:01 AM | Last Modified: 02/16/2012 7:25 PM

VANCOUVER - The rioters who participated in the chaos that swept through downtown Vancouver after the Stanley Cup final last year should be punished not just for their own actions, but for the destruction wrought by the entire mob, a judge ruled Thursday as he sentenced the first person convicted in the riot to 17 months in jail.

Ryan Dickinson, 20, admitted to trashing an unnmarked police car and vandalzing a clothing store, but he claimed he was merely "caught up in the moment" and argued his crimes weren't as serious as other rioters who were on the streets that night.

But provincial court Judge Malcolm MacLean rejected that argument, concluding that even though Dickinson didn't assault anyone, set fires or loot stores, his actions nonetheless encouraged others to do so.

"A riot is a serious threat to civil order and the rule of law," MacLean told a packed courtroom, as Dickinson sat beside his lawyer wearing a red jail uniform.

"His behaviour would no doubt have the effect of encouraging and emboldening others to participate in the riot."

Dickinson pleaded guilty to participating in a riot, as well as breaching bail conditions from an unrelated assault charge. He admitted to using a road barricade and a newspaper box to damage an unmarked police car, and then later tossing a mannequin and a newspaper box at the window of a clothing store several blocks away.

The Crown labelled Dickinson an "instigator," casting him as a violent, angry young man who appeared to be enjoying himself, and asked for as much as 18 months in jail for the riot charge. The prosecutor pointed to his criminal record, which includes a violent assault from 2010, as another reason for a significant jail term.

Dickinson's defence lawyer asked for one year.

MacLean sentenced Dickinson to 16 months for participating in a riot and another month for breaching his bail conditions.

Dickinson has been in custody since December, and with credit for time served, he has 13 and a half months left in his sentence. He'll also be on probation for two years after his release.

A sentencing hearing earlier in the week featured several video clips and photographs that appeared to have been shot by bystanders. They depicted Dickinson trashing the police car, repeatedly smashing an orange newspaper box against an unmarked police car. Surveillance footage showed Dickinson at the clothing store.

MacLean said the video evidence made it clear that Dickinson was more than just someone who was swept up in the moment.

"Mr. Dickinson's participation was serious and involved a number of conscious and deliberate decisions on his part, starting with his decision to go downtown knowing it was a beach of his bail," MacLean said.

"The videos show someone with more than a momentary lapse of judgement. ... The video shows there were times that Mr. Dickinson could have walked away, but he did not."

Dickinson's lawyer said the young man was the product of a troubled upbringing in a broken home.

Dickinson wrote an apology to the court in which he said he was ashamed for his "very bad decisions that day."

MacLean said he believed Dickinson was "genuinely remorseful," and hoped his sentence would help rehabilitate him.

"Mr. Dickinson has also expressed the desire to turn his life around," the judge said.

"There is, of course, no guarantee, but hopefully Mr. Dickinson will receive the help he needs to fulfil that commitment."

While Dickinson is the first rioter to be sentenced, his stiff jail term may not foreshadow the sentences others might receive, as the police have acknowledged that many of their suspects have no prior criminal record.

Outside court, Crown spokesman Neil MacKenzie said the judge's decision on Dickinson's sentence may influence subsequent cases, but he stressed each offender is different.

"It obviously will be a factor, but as the judge noted in his reasons, each case is unique, each case you have to look at the particular circumstances of the accused,"

"I expect that going forward we will see some cases in which the behaviour was more serious and some cases where the behaviour was less serious."

So far, police have recommended charges against a total of 125 people, but Crown counsel has only approved charges against 52, including five who were added to that list on Thursday.

Meanwhile, B.C.'s privacy commissioner ruled Thursday that the province's insurance corporation cannot allow the Vancouver police to use its facial recognition software to identify rioters.

The Insurance Corp. of B.C. offered to allow investigators to use the technology last year to match photos from the riots with names, although the police force declined the offer.

Privacy commissioner Elizabeth Denham says allowing the police to use the database without a court order would have violated the province's privacy laws.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/jail-time-to-be-handed-to-first-person-convicted-in-vancouvers-stanley-cup-riot-139425018.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1875 on: February 17, 2012, 08:38:11 AM »
^ Moog don't snitch!

Feb 27 gonna be fast and furious. Jackets gonna sell sell sell lol. WELL. at least Ryan Smyth declared he's not on the trade block. Oilers finally got a piece for that 2007 deal. Ryan O'Marra for Bryan Rodney from the Anaheim Ducks. WHO?

FUCK LEAFS FAN. How do they even get the arena? Hang your head in shame Season Ticket Holder if you stubhubbed these geeks! Sick goal by Eberle tho. And

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1876 on: February 19, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
Fuck. I'm really curious to what they gonna do at trade deadline now. Dubnyk was terrrrrible. can't just play the puck like that :doh:Smyttie stay!

อีกละ มีคนด่าปูว่าหน้าเหมือนสิก้าอีกละ นิสัย!!!!! :tama-mad:

Nucks Next. No wonder Mugen showed up lol.

hey my homie worked on the EIA! RNH can't come back soon enough. OR Renney.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1877 on: February 19, 2012, 11:17:20 PM »
So we're about three-quarters into the season, the post-season is on everyone's mind, and what happens?

Jets goalie Chris Mason decides to get a new paint job. :lol:

See his previous paint job here -> http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=24.msg934418#msg934418

Once again, props to the guys at EyeCandyAir for the work.  :thumbup
http://www.eyecandyair.com

Mason takes wraps off of new mask
By: Ed Tait | Posted: 02/17/2012 1:19 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, once again we give you Chris Mason… goaltending-equipment fashion plate.

The Winnipeg Jets’ netminder was sporting a new mask at Friday’s game-day skate at MTS Centre, courtesy the artists at EYECANDYAIR (Twitter: @eyecandyair) in Woodbridge, Ont.

Last summer Mason unveiled his current mask to great fanfaire. It featured two images of Iron Maiden mascot ‘Eddie’ in a World War II airplane and a tribute to his family on the back plate painted in an aboriginal-art style.

The new mask features the maple leaf and jet used on the current logo while the back plate uses the Jets’ inaugural season logo and also includes the names of his two daughters, Avery and Quinn.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Mason-takes-wraps-off-of-new-mask-139530928.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1878 on: February 21, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
Pavelec is better anyways!! DOPE. The top view makes it kinda look like Sentai Rangers :lol: tho the Iron maiden guy is badass. C'mon JETS!! catch the Caps and get the team blown up!! Chimera traded back to the Oilers!!

In my dreams:

oh man what a brutal 'Nucks game. calls going any way. Gags got slashed in the hand, Smid barely touched em then the Oilers got away with Eager crosschecks. REFS FUCK EM!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1879 on: February 23, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »
HOLYSHIT!! Oilers FINALLY BEAT THE FLAMES HAHAHHA FUCK!! everyone got off the slumps. like Birthday Boy SMYTTIE!!

Eberle and Hall just got the sickest drive of them all. Could. NOT. BE DENIED!!!

HORCOFF!!! :fap

next up Jagr. dude is still tearing it up, wonder if he'll be back next year. He was like on the radio going Hemsky can score 100 points :lol: given new environment "But I haven't seen him play in 3 years"

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Kagome