JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - Kibounohana

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 316414 times)

Offline Miki IV

• 1444 believer
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ówO
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #1240 on: May 06, 2009, 12:41:15 AM »
OMG!!!! Q___Q I need the next part!!!!  :fainted:

PLEASE!!!!!!!

I don't speak english........ I only speak spanish ....but, This story is great!!! ......is fantastic!!!!! It's captured me!!  :farofflook:

Gomen!!!! I say "sorry" for my poor english  :sweat: .....

I still following this story......

Arigatou for this story!!!!!

:mon fyeah: Greetings for all!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Runaway from the Past - Happy Anniversary!
« Reply #1241 on: May 22, 2009, 03:10:38 AM »
yeah, it's been a year since this all started XD

i've dragged the story long... extremely long... a lot of miscalculations on my part... gomen m(_ _)m

anyway, i update for this day... nothing really special... as short as the other updates... written in the same way as the other updates.. but i dedicate this one to ALL you guys... this fic means so much to me... and it became even more special because of all of you...

as slow as the updates come and as long and dragging the story may be, i won't let this fic go unfinished... i hope you stay around... and wait with me... read, lurk, comment, discuss... lol ... give mad react XD

cuz that's just how we roll!

and we keep on going... so... we have... this... (se no!)

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mai sighed heavily as she took the folder topmost of the stack. It wasn’t the first time that she was swamped with work like this but the pile of folders is just an eyesore. There were folders two inches thick. Three even.

“What the hell do they put in these proposals?!”

The anxious knock on the door gave her a much-welcomed break from work.

“Nani?” She asked to call in Ayaka. She knew it was Ayaka because only two people go to her office without calling over the intercom, and Ayaka is the one between those two to knock and politely wait to be summoned in. The other usually just knocks then barges in.

Ayaka entered right away, like she was in a rush. “Did you tell Yoshiko that Ayaya and Mikitty will arrive today?”

“I did. In her office, remember? That day when she slept over and walked home. You saw me tell her.” Mai answered, a bit defensive. She didn’t want to get blamed for anymore mishaps, especially work-related ones.

“Then why isn’t she sending anyone to the airport to pick them up?”

“Are you sure she didn’t make arrangements for someone to do it?”

“She hasn’t called for transport services or anything of the sort… and this is kind-of official… I mean, Ayaya is there… Yoshiko would prefer to be there personally…”

“Could she have forgotten about it?”

“Well, she seems sharper and more attentive this past week…I don't think she would forget...”

“Still, it might have slipped her mind… you know she hasn’t really been herself since ‘she’ left…”

“Maybe... I’ll go and see her to ask her about it… We still have a little more than three hours before their ETA…”

~~

Rika paid her fare and gave a generous tip to the driver before quickly getting off the taxi. A bit nervous, she showed her identification and the necessary papers to security personnel. Relieved at getting through the entrance without much ado, she looked up the big Rolex clock on the wall.

Just a few more hours… After that… a new beginning… a new beginning

With every cautious step, she knew she was running away again.

After some moments of reluctance, she looked back, just as the doors she just entered slid to a close.

There was no turning back

I'll have someone come and pick you up after

~

Ayaka knocked on the door to Hitomi’s office. Once. Twice. No answer.

“Yoshiko?”

Still no answer.

She waited a bit more. Hitomi had returned to her old ways of immersing herself in work. Ayaka doesn’t even remember if Hitomi had gone home last night or not.

Maybe there’s just a phone call or a video conference or maybe some important papers to read.

“Yoshiko?” She called again, now with more worry.

No one was answering.

Finally, Ayaka barged into the office to find Hitomi slumped on her desk. Unconscious.

“Yoshiko?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  :jphip:

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1242 on: May 22, 2009, 03:50:09 AM »
Oh no Yossie isn't taking very good care of herself. I guess she needs her Ka-chan for that.

And is it too much to hope that Rika runs into Miki and Aya at the airport? (Rika is at the airport right?)

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #1243 on: May 22, 2009, 05:02:04 AM »
OMG!!!!

:twothumbs  V (n__n)V LUCKY!!!!

I can't believe a year has passed since the beginning of this fic!!!... Now I feel old XDDD

Anyway, I am happy to have been around since its beginning. Without it I think I would still be reading anime fics XD.

Back to the topic, as Tru said it was like any other short update, only this time it will be the only update of today... Girl, you used to update five or more times a day... how i miss the old days.

I see it still resolve around the Rika-leaving-To-chan problem... I have a feeling about the airport and the arrival of Ayaya and Mikitty XD... also the person in the bus... another mystery yet to solve.

Yossy DON'T FALL SLEEP DAMN It... YOU HAVE A WIFE TO COLLECT !!!!

xDDD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1244 on: May 22, 2009, 05:48:36 AM »
Omgass, it's BACK!!! :w00t:

* JFC reads update.

OMGASS YOSSI!!!
:OMG:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1245 on: May 22, 2009, 08:02:03 AM »
^kinda... XD

it was nice to stop for some minutes today to think about how awesome the past year was...

Back to the topic, as Tru said it was like any other short update, only this time it will be the only update of today... Girl, you used to update five or more times a day... how i miss the old days.

i miss those days too... i bet if i didn't update that fast you wouldn't even look twice XD jk jk jk

how about if i got back to that just for today?

i wish tito's still here... i miss her strange love polygons XD

And is it too much to hope that Rika runs into Miki and Aya at the airport? (Rika is at the airport right?)

rika is indeed at the airport...

to answer the previous question... here's a short UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i missed you all so much)

Her heels clacked on the floor as she ran to the president's table. Hitomi had fallen on the proposals for the a magazine that they were to publish for the Philippine market. Most of them were focused on the image of Asian fusion while others wanted to have a puritan approach to the different cultures. She and Ayaka had quite a heated discussion on the matter yesterday afternoon.

Ayaka held unto Hitomi's shoulder to give her a nudge. Hitomi's blouse was drenched in sweat and she was hot with fever.

Ayaka reached out to the intercom and called the infirmary.

"Yoshizawa-san is ill, please, we need medical assistance here now. She is unconscious and it appears that she has a fever. Thank you."

She pressed another button on the intercom. "Mai, get ready. We're going to the airport in an hour. Yoshiko's sick."

~~

Rika sat quietly on the black leatherette sofa in the waiting area. She didn't like waiting but it's the requirement. Even before, during her international trips with her family, she hated waiting. An hour of waiting is bearable but three hours is just insane. This wasn't even such a big deal.

She looked down at the papers and ID's she had. It was amazing how far the fake ID's have taken her. Everything looked authentic. Probably even more real than the real ones.

Ha~ The wonders of *Recto~

She looked at the flight schedules. There were a couple of flights from Japan arriving in an hour and 40 minutes.

One of those planes could take her back there.

Home?

Would it really be?

~

Miki looked at her watch impatiently. For some reason, she just wanted to get off the plane and sleep on a nice bed. The reclining chair wasn't doing it for her.

She looked beside her and saw Aya sound asleep.

Before the plane took off, it was Ayaya who was anxious and Miki who was relaxed. The thought of that made Miki smile but she still wanted to get off that plane as soon as possible.

She turned to the other side and looked out the window. The sky sure is pretty. It should be. Getting up to this altitude wasn't cheap. Good service at this altitude wasn't cheap. She pressed the small red button on the chair's armrest to call for an attendant.

"Black coffee, please."

Coffee was good for reminiscing.

Wei thought her preference of coffee over tea was unrefined. But that didn't matter to her.

Things don't always have to be sweet for people to like them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Recto is a major road here in the Philippines. A section of that road is home for many shops that pose as photocopying shops, silk-screen t-shirt printing places and the like but really specialize in making fake documents such as driver's licenses, passports, diplomas, land titles and other legal papers... they also make theses for a fee...

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #1246 on: May 22, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »
I thought it was strange too when I read that Yossy didn't make any plans to pick up GAM, especially b/c of how important they are. But NOOOOO, To-chan!!!! :cry: Yossy needs to be ok, she has to go save Ka-chan!!!
So Rika's at the airport, getting ready to leave. But Ayaka and Mai are headed to the airport too.... :w00t: I hope they find her and convince her to stay. "Rika-chan, Yocchan is sick b/c you're not by her side~~~~" :P

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1247 on: May 22, 2009, 07:38:14 PM »
* JFC wonders if GAM will spot Rika at the airport (possibly they're getting off the same plane that's supposed to take her back to Japan).
:ph43r:

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1248 on: May 23, 2009, 03:32:14 AM »
Well hopeful Miki and Aya can just kidnap Rika against her will and bring her back to Yossie and if someone does go to pick GAM up they can help. Rika's not that big it shouldn't be that hard. lol

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1249 on: May 23, 2009, 03:42:37 AM »
SBK!!!! WOOOO!!!!!
^this was the very first person to comment on this thread EVAHR! much love, man :heart:

* tru_harmony waves at JFC
i missed you much, kuya

CS8: LOL!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miki walked leisurely in the airport behind a very anxious Aya. A few meters apart, Miki shouted to her partner "The luggage is gonna take a while, I'm sure. No point in rushing."

But Aya did not pay heed. She just wanted to get out of the airport right away. She didn't really even know why. It's like that feeling that there's something happening and it's not good.

And Miki just let her go. She knew her way around the airport, it's not like there will be no one to help her if she does get lost. There's no point in rushing when everything else is slow.

Who knows, she might see something interesting in these parts.

~

Mai squinted her eyes as she drove out of the parking area. Driving solo to the airport sure is something new to her. But this set-up was better than any alternative.

She and Ayaka debated whether she will go solo or if Ayaka should accompany her. There was a lot of work to be done in the office and the doctor said that Hitomi was fatigued and dehydrated.

Having both of Ayaka and Mai out will let more work pile up. There were minor meetings and sudden visitors. Things are happening quickly and a lot of them unexpectedly. Last week, or the week before that, or the week before that, things were slightly different. Even the Philippine economy was starting to show effects of the recession, something they did not foresee to have happened so soon.

They just can't leave the top floor of the building unmanned now.

Ayaka did some of Mai's and Hitomi's work and Ayumi did Ayaka's work.

Mai drove faster than usual. She left the office late due to that debate she and Ayaka had.

Seeing Hitomi sick like that was really something. She tried to recall a time when Hitomi had looked like that. Or even just sick. Nothing came to her.

~

Miki lost sight of Aya in the crowd, she had been walking really slowly. It wasn't jet-lag but she didn't feel like she was in tip-top condition.

She dragged one lazy step at a time, looking at the people in the hustle and bustle of NAIA. They all look the same.

Save for that one person.

"Oi!" she called out.

The person obviously heard her, recognized her and was a bit startled. To Miki, she looked like she wanted to run away but could not. Miki briskly walked to her, not even knowing what to do next.

"Miki-san..." Was the awkward greeting brought by the realization that there was no escape.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

~

"I need to be in my office doctor." She said in a low tone. The voice wouldn't say much, nor her pale face or her weak grip on the doctor's arm.

"Ma'am, we can't just let you work in that condition. You need to rest."

"I have a company to run."

"I know that, ma'am, but you can't run this company in that condition."

"You don't understand"

"I think I understand things perfectly President Yoshizawa. You will rest here."

Hitomi was just too weak and the doctor was hell-bent on keeping her from working.

"Can't I rest in my office, then?"

~

Rika sipped from her cup of tea while Miki waited for her coffee.

Miki looked at Rika who was obviously trying to evade looking back at her. "They told us you left her..."

Rika looked very uncomfortable now. The very first question that would follow this her was the last question she would ever answer. "Miki, I'm going to be late, I can't stay to keep you company... Thanks for the treat though..."

"Aren't you even worried about her? I bet she's like a lost kitten now..." Miki tried to see how Rika would react to that. The air of nonchalance Rika had was very convincing but not convincing enough to deceive Miki.

"I think she can cope... It's not like I'm that importa--"

"Cut that crap. You have your name on the list of inventors. She remember you everytime she sees it..."

"But she can forget who I was to her. There will be someone better..." Rika looked up to the ceiling. "She deserves someone else"

Rika took her things and stood up without finishing her cup of tea. "You wouldn't understand... You don't know how it feels..." She leaned down and whispered to Miki before walking away, vanishing into the crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #1250 on: May 23, 2009, 08:07:34 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~ Yo Yo Yo, you're listening to the OFFICIAL IshiYo- whoops wrong thread :P
Ok so I know I'm a day late, GOMEN~! But better late than never right? ;)
Anyway on to the good stuff:

Happy 1st anniversary to RFP and an even more belated Happy 1st JPH!P Anniversary to tru bear :jphip: :wub:
To the god of all IshiYoshi followers I dedicate my 1444 post :gmon heartu:
I had been saving this post for this thread for ages but then when you said the anniversary was coming up I thought I should keep it even longer for a special surprise... Laaaame I know XD You've been an amazing friend and support to me so I hope this at least puts a smile on your face :heart:

So to celebrate the fic, that is more than just a story but a place to meet new friends and have your eyes opened to the wonderful IshiYoshi I bring you LONG COMMENT REPLY TIME! Watch out, this on all the last chapters since I last commented (properly) so try not to get lost :lol:

She reached under her pillow again for the envelope. This time, she did not even look at the contents. She just grasped a couple of bills and pulled them out without even counting. She did not need to be reminded of the choices she had to make in such a short period of time. She did not have to remind herself that she had already made a choice.
But Rika-chan, sometimes it takes as humans a while to realize that the choices we've made aren't the right ones and as the strange species we are, we have the ability to change and fix the mistaken choice we've made... You don't have to stick to it Rika-chan~~~ :(

Shark surveyed the perimeter. The police look as incompetent as usual. There were, in fact, to few of them around. Those that she could see from where she stood where asleep or, at least, half asleep.

She cracked her knuckles as a smile appeared on her face. "Man, that car is gonna be at the captain's by 8!"
Awww but come on, where's the fun when its that easy :P

"... Anyway... where's that lady friend of yours? Shouldn't she be helping you? Ishikawa Rika?" He asked with a chuckle, barely able to contain his laughter.
OMG, you're such an arse! *Pops kicks Jin in his manhood (or lack thereof)

"Sure... ... let me remind you... when did I place Pubcom under your care? About four years ago, ne? When I gave the company to you, everything had been ironed out, no loose ends, no hanging transanctions, no nothing... Imagine the chaos that would have followed had the merger pushed through..." Jin leaned down close to Hitomi's ear. "... the merger... did not push through... because of... ... ...  you"
and it took that girl forever to know that she had been sleeping with her father's murderer"
Oh no, does Rika actually believe him!? Surely she wouldn't trust his word and believe that about the love of her life... Here I was thinking she was following her heart and protecting Yocchan when she's probably left coz she thinks she's the reason her father died  :mon runcry:

"Rika-chan, I'm sorry I didn't phone home last night... I slept over at Ayaka's..."
Omona, that's so sad... its like Rika's passed away and Yocchan refuses to believe it so she's acting like she's still there... I guess the pain she's feeling is just as bad as it would be if Rika really did die... Poor Yossy *holds Yossy while she cries*  :mon whimper:

It was already 8:30.
Oh Sharky, what happened to getting the car back by 8? Not as good as you thought you were, huh? :P

Mako knew she had to. If the Eyes fail this one, she will bear it as her own failure. She cannot bear to fail the captain. Not again.
Wait, when did she fail her before? :O Was it something serious? Something to do with Rika before they knew Rika was with them?

She wondered if Hitomi knew as much as she does about Rika. Maybe not.
Hmm, depends on what things about Rika you're talking about coz I'm sure she knows a lot more about certain  :drool: things about Rika than you do *wink wink nudge nudge*

"That's not what I'm worried about... She left her medications at home. For all we know she can't even lift a limb much less walk and drive without writhing in agony... But I was worried about letting her go home alone..."

"I am worried about her too, you know, but there's nothing we can do about that..."
I think Mai might be right here... Sure Ayaka is right to be concerned, we all are, but Yossy also needs sometime alone to come to terms with everything... It's ok to keep an eye on her but gotta let her breathe too Ayaka~

On the solid granite counter were two plates, each with a bagel topped with cream cheese and some blueberries, and two glasses of water. It was breakfast for two.
One on hand, poor Yocchan (again), still acting as if Rika is still there, its so depressive  :cry: On the other hand, at least she's eating :lol:

"If you're looking for someone to blame for her identity being found out by your old man, I am telling you, you cannot look at the Eyes for that. We don't know how he could have found out. But it's definitely not us."
Crap, there is someone else working against them!? It just keeps getting worse for IshiYoshi... stop being an evil writer to ur characters :P

"Chill ka lang, Rika... di ko alam na nananagalog ka na pala" (Just chill, Rika... I didn't know you spoke Tagalog now) The girl answered as she looked up with a huge grin on her face. "Musta ka, mustasa? Natatandaan mo pa ako?" (How are you, mustard? *lame tagalog pun* Remember me?)
Who the hell are you?  :shocked Especially if you know Rika but didn't know she speaks Tagalog and you do... I'm so confused now!
That jeepney terminal and just got on to it sounds crazy even before they start moving... i keep forgetting Rika is use to it but I'm sure Yossy wouldn't like her having to use that transport :( At the same time it sounds fun though :D

"SHIT! It was the investment!"
:O YEs, but what did the investment do???

Mai sighed heavily as she took the folder topmost of the stack. It wasn’t the first time that she was swamped with work like this but the pile of folders is just an eyesore. There were folders two inches thick. Three even.
This is way I wouldn't wanna work in business :P

“She hasn’t called for transport services or anything of the sort… and this is kind-of official… I mean, Ayaya is there… Yoshiko would prefer to be there personally…”
Despite how much Yossy is hurting, I don't think Miki will be particularly understanding if she's stuck at the airport coz someone forgot arrangements :lol: But YAY, this means the bit you were hinting to at the airport with 3 certain characters is coming up :D

Just a few more hours… After that… a new beginning… a new beginning
NO RIKA!!! You've been running from the past this whole time and now you're really gonna run from the one person whose made you feel like you worthy and mean something :( Stop and think dammit, what's the future without the one you love, its not a new beginning, its reverted to the old ways of loneliness dammit!!!

Finally, Ayaka barged into the office to find Hitomi slumped on her desk. Unconscious.
Holy shit, was not expecting that! *starts chanting* She's just sleeping... she's just sleeping!
Please just hang on a little longer Yossy :(

She pressed another button on the intercom. "Mai, get ready. We're going to the airport in an hour. Yoshiko's sick."
You're taking Yossy to the airport with you? The airport where Rika-chan is? Oh! Dun dun dun~~~

Home?

Would it really be?
NO! Didn't u hear me yelling at you before Rika? Home is where the heart is... where is you heart? Don't worry, your heart is making its way to you unknowingly now (i think)!

Things don't always have to be sweet for people to like them.
Oh i really like that line :heart: Very wise there author~

*Recto is a major road here in the Philippines. A section of that road is home for many shops that pose as photocopying shops, silk-screen t-shirt printing places and the like but really specialize in making fake documents such as driver's licenses, passports, diplomas, land titles and other legal papers... they also make theses for a fee...
Oh nice! We could totally use a street like that here :P

Something interesting like a pretty Japanese girl whose running from everything she's fought hard to create over the last few months? You know what, I think might just see something interesting like that too ;)

Mai squinted her eyes as she drove out of the parking area. Driving solo to the airport sure is something new to her. But this set-up was better than any alternative.
Oh so I was wrong twice, neither Yossy or Ayaka will be there... oops, lol. But Mai is probably the best representative, if anyone is gonna knock some sense into Rika out of the three its Mai... Yossy would is still too much of a mess and Ayaka would be too... Ayaka-ish... I like the choice of Mai!

Yossy is as stubborn as me XD That's not exactly gonna be rest if ur in the office missy, we all know you better than that :P

"Cut that crap. You have your name on the list of inventors. She remember you everytime she sees it..."
:drool: Oh how I've missed you Mikitty :wub:

Rika took her things and stood up without finishing her cup of tea. "You wouldn't understand... You don't know how it feels..." She leaned down and whispered to Miki before walking away, vanishing into the crowd.
:roll: Rika, stop annoying me by being a drama queen who has suddenly forgot how Yossy really is and not nothing means more to her than you  :angry: OMGEE, if Yossy finds out Miki was talking to Rika and just let her go then I think there will be some bloodshed happening  :shocked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :otomerika: TRU_HARMONY PREVAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yossi: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh maaaaan, it feels so good to be reading this again, 3 chapters in like 24 hours I LOVE IT TRU!!! Its like being all reunited at home again :heart:
One last time, happy anniversary and happy 1444 post for me  :gmon twirl: :gmon flowers: :gmon heartu: :gmon hi:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:10:36 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline leyami

« Reply #1251 on: May 23, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »
I can't wait for the next upload. I wonder what's going to happen is Ka-chan going to leave or she going to be stopped :dunno:
Well of course she is going to be stopped, that's what a think.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1252 on: May 23, 2009, 11:09:36 AM »
@pops: XD you're such a sweetheart... it feels like a family reunion

a god?! where? <_< ... >_> ... '_' no godz in here, dear

@leyami: thanks for commenting m(_ _)m

i wanted to write a bit but i don't have enough time... to the boondocks i will go...

i will think some more there XD

ISHIYOSHI PREVAILS!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1253 on: May 24, 2009, 02:08:29 AM »
* tru_harmony waves at JFC
i missed you much, kuya
Back at'cha. :wave:

Miki walked leisurely in the airport behind a very anxious Aya. A few meters apart, Miki shouted to her partner "The luggage is gonna take a while, I'm sure. No point in rushing."

But Aya did not pay heed. She just wanted to get out of the airport right away. She didn't really even know why. It's like that feeling that there's something happening and it's not good.

And Miki just let her go. She knew her way around the airport, it's not like there will be no one to help her if she does get lost. There's no point in rushing when everything else is slow.
The really funny thing is how this is totally opposite to real life, as Miki's talked before about how slow Aya is and how Aya herself has admitted that she's a "my pace" type of person. :P

* JFC waits for it. :O

Miki lost sight of Aya in the crowd, she had been walking really slowly. It wasn't jet-lag but she didn't feel like she was in tip-top condition.

She dragged one lazy step at a time, looking at the people in the hustle and bustle of NAIA. They all look the same.

Save for that one person.

"Oi!" she called out.

The person obviously heard her, recognized her and was a bit startled. To Miki, she looked like she wanted to run away but could not. Miki briskly walked to her, not even knowing what to do next.

"Miki-san..." Was the awkward greeting brought by the realization that there was no escape.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"
Did I call it or what? :w00t:

"I need to be in my office doctor." She said in a low tone. The voice wouldn't say much, nor her pale face or her weak grip on the doctor's arm.

"Ma'am, we can't just let you work in that condition. You need to rest."

Hitomi was just too weak and the doctor was hell-bent on keeping her from working.

The doc probably knows perfectly well that Yossi won't rest at all if he lets her out of that room. Problem is, she really DOES have a lot of work to do (especially considering the current scenario/happenings that are going on) and she really DOES have to be back at the office. :ph34r:

"I think she can cope... It's not like I'm that importa--"

"But she can forget who I was to her. There will be someone better..." Rika looked up to the ceiling. "She deserves someone else"

Dammit Rika, TELL Miki and Aya about the blackmail from Yossi's fucktard of a dad!
:gyaaah:

Speaking of which...where is Aya? Has she gotten herself lost in the airport? :? :P

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1254 on: May 24, 2009, 04:35:48 AM »
Seriously Miki shoulda just grabbed Rika so she couldn't get away. Someone better stop her and knock some sense into her (literally if necessary) so she doesn't make the worse decision of her and Yossie's life. I wonder exactly what it will take before she finally changes her mind. I'm sure if she could just see the condition Yossie was in she would stay in a heartbeat.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1255 on: May 24, 2009, 06:33:58 AM »
WOOOOOOOO! SUPER COMMENT FROM JFC!!! XD

i know pops gave me one... but having JFC's here is like TRADITION, yo! XD

The really funny thing is how this is totally opposite to real life, as Miki's talked before about how slow Aya is and how Aya herself has admitted that she's a "my pace" type of person. :P
which means, something is out of the loop XD

@CS8: hmmm....

thanks to my high school buds, my trip to the boondocks was cancelled
* tru_harmony hugggz high school buds
they just got me wasted and all crap last night so i didn't get to update sooner XD
nonetheless, to celebrate all that... here's an

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sooooo short too, cuz i'm still quite hung over XD but i spellcheck now!!!!!!)

Miki didn't know what to do.

She wanted to stop Rika. Or at least, stall Rika.

Stall Rika from what?

What was Rika even doing at the airport?

Miki knew Hitomi. She would have a hold-departure order issued for Rika. Rika wouldn't even be on this part of the airport had that been the case.

Was Hitomi letting go again?

Miki wanted to stand up and give that girl a chase. But what she said after she started walking away, stopped Miki. And she said it quite aloud.

"To be the cause of all her misery..."

Hearing that froze Miki inexplicably.

How could one person, a person Hitomi met less than a year ago, be a cause of all her misery?

Miki couldn't piece it together.

The coffee lost its heat, and the cup went on untouched as she stared down the cup, thinking about what Rika meant by that.

It was only the buzzing of her cellphone that broke the trail of thoughts that she wanted to follow.

Aya.

"Where are you?! I thought you were right behind me and then--"

"I just had coffee... I'm coming."

"We already got the luggage. Mai's already here. Yocchan's sick. Get--"

*click*

Miki looked back to the direction where Rika went then walked away in a brisk pace to the arrival-pickup area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #1256 on: May 24, 2009, 02:46:31 PM »
Yay! You're back  :otomerika: :yossi:   [ :welcome back ] 

More updates please  :grin:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1257 on: May 25, 2009, 05:13:58 AM »
Miki knew Hitomi. She would have a hold-departure order issued for Rika. Rika wouldn't even be on this part of the airport had that been the case.
Hmm...don't recall Yossi trying to use any of her connections to do anything like this. Was it because she knew it would be pointless because of her father's involvment, or was it just because she was so upset? :?

Or was it because of something mentioned in a previous chapter that I've just forgotten? :P

Miki wanted to stand up and give that girl a chase. But what she said after she started walking away, stopped Miki. And she said it quite aloud.

"To be the cause of all her misery..."

Hearing that froze Miki inexplicably.

How could one person, a person Hitomi met less than a year ago, be a cause of all her misery?

Miki couldn't piece it together.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

It was only the buzzing of her cellphone that broke the trail of thoughts that she wanted to follow.

Aya.

"Where are you?! I thought you were right behind me and then--"

"I just had coffee... I'm coming."

"We already got the luggage. Mai's already here. Yocchan's sick. Get--"

*click*

Miki looked back to the direction where Rika went then walked away in a brisk pace to the arrival-pickup area.
Dammit WRONG DIRECTION Miki!!! You're supposed to go get Rika!!!
:mon blowhorn:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1258 on: May 25, 2009, 05:37:42 AM »
@ kRisZ: more like i'm home for the holidays... dunno how long i'll be around, but i'll try to make the most out of it while i'm here ^_^
* tru_harmony glomps kRisZ

hometown expansion like FTW!!!

@JFC: I did hint at Jin taunting Yossui about hold departure orders and the like , but whatever happened between that and the last few updates is still very hazy to me... XD

:lol:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitomi's persistence has gotten her back to her office. Sure, she's on the couch, but it's close enough to her desk to see how Ayaka is doing.

"Ayaka, I have an appointment this afternoon with Ambassador Kerr--"

"I've had that cancelled and the Ambassador wishes you well..." Ayaka answered from behind the stacks of portfolios, reports and proposals.

"What?!" Hitomi said weakly but convincingly angrily.

"You are in no shape to talk to any emissary over matters as important as the offices in the US. You can't rehabilitate something stronger than you. Let the people in the US handle themselves. They're not in problems as deep as the other companies. And we've been slowly pulling out our investments in them. Nothing to worry about"

Hitomi just sulked on the couch again, seeing that there wasn't a way for her to win this debate with Ayaka.

But she needed to keep her mind busy. She has to do something. Anything.

Anything to keep her mind from other things...

She looked around the coffee table.

Today's paper.

She had read the entire business section and the sports pages earlier, showbiz wasn't of interest to her... on the comics page, a puzzle.

Nine boxes of nine boxes.

Nine boxes down, nine across.

Nine numbers for all the nines.

A sudoku puzzle. How nice.

Annoying how sometimes two or three numbers might be interchangeable but you won't know that until the end.

Puzzles. Hitomi had developed a dislike for them.

Then again, it's better than nothing.

~

Aya stood outside Mai's Toyota Grandia, waiting for Miki.

Although it did seem to Aya that Miki was in no mood for a trip before they left, she didn't think Miki would try to make things a bit more difficult.

The news of Hitomi falling to illness just now was definitely something she didn't expect. She wondered if she should have expected it considering how the recent events have been. All these things happening in one month is some sort of amazing already.

Aya's eyebrows met as she saw Miki at the parting of the sliding doors.

She didn't have the look of someone in a rush. Or someone worried.

"Whatever happened to you?" she asked as Miki walked past her, boarding the van.

"Just had coffee... that's all..."

"That' sure took a while..." Aya rolled her eyes.

Miki gave a wave to Mai as a greeting as she settled in. "They served it a bit too hot... but it tasted quite good... Drink slowly, let the taste linger..."

"And prolong other people's agony." Aya said, a bit sternly as she settled in herself.  She pulled some US dollar bills and handed it out to the porter before he closed the door for her. "Mai, let's go straight to the Yoshizawa office..."

"Aren't we dropping your stuff off at the hotel first?"

"No, change of plans, because someone here took her sweet time walking in the airport..." Aya was pertaining to Miki and wanted to call her attention to this.

But Miki's mind has wandered off in thoughts of the encounter she has just chose not to mention.

Mai took to the wheel and drove away, past the speed limit that no one cares about. Behind them, Exodus resounded in a VIP waiting lounge, to the nodding, approving heads of its Japanese audience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:43:17 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #1259 on: May 25, 2009, 07:04:10 AM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank god you came back XD.... and thanks to you I'm getting delurked XDDDD

=====================

Anyway, commenting time:

*To-chan the f*ck: wife first, health second, work third.  :(
*Ka-chan... DON'T GO PLEASEEEEE!!  :bleed eyes:
*Miki-sama: Stop Ka-chan for the love of God, stop her...

OWARI.

XD
XD
XD
... Now the flu is talking... and it's not A1HN1... mean tru =P

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - Kibounohana