JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Heartsdales - Angel Eyes

Author Topic: [THAI] Tony Jaa  (Read 10167 times)

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
[THAI] Tony Jaa
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:26:31 PM »
I wonder if anyone knows him since US did have a movie called the Protector starring him.

well he's really cool and his fighting skill is really great.

if you want to know more of him or about his movies here's a few information sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Jaa

http://imdb.com/name/nm1388074/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:16:23 AM by Masa »

Offline makeme

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tony Jaa
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »
I have never seen so many bone cracking in one fighting scene. awesome. :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »
Tony Jaa FUCK YEAH!! :rockon: First saw him in Ong-Bak which rocked. I liked when the Australian fighter (Big Bear I think his name was) was goading him a lot, calling all Thai people weak and beating up waitresses, then Tony walks into the ring, Bear makes an attack and gets owned hard by a kick right in the face.

[youtube=425,350]Y9u-UtBMn68[/youtube]

But then it just got even better in The Protector, with two of the best fighting sequences ever! First one was when Tony works his way up a building taking out guards floor by floor all in one take, completely unedited. Must be seen to be believed:

[youtube=425,350]K06wDn3XsZE[/youtube]

Then, at this point in the movie, Tony's pissed off in a big way, and decides to start taking on 50+ gang members at once, breaking limbs all over the show. If it were real, the hospital budget would be bigger than the budget of the movie:

[youtube=425,350]MBKke6WVqB4[/youtube]

Favourite has to be at 1:18-1:22. You just know that dude's in pain!

Ok so the story to these movies is next to non-existant, and with lines like 'Where's my elephant?!' it won't be winning any script awards anytime soon. But that's not the point. Just leave your brain at the door, and admire the awesomeness that is Tony Jaa at work.[/youtube]

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
I thought Ong Bak was way better than The Protector. The Protector felt like more of the same shit. The best part in The Protector was the fight against Lateef Crowder and Johnny Nguyen(Though I wish there was more with Nguyen). The long take scene was kinda cool, but still just meh. I thought the last fight was cool at first, but the second time I watched it it wasn't that exciting. All of Ong Bak's fight were good, except the shitty one where the guy just kept throwin' shit.

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »
I enjoyed Ong-Bak but I won't be going out of my way to watch any more of his films. I think I remember my favourite bit from that film being where the announcer started singing or dancing or something. Not memorable enough it seems :D

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [THAI] Tony Jaa
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 07:38:36 AM »
‘Ong Bak 2′ opens in theaters, Jaa eyes Hollywood

The Associate Press reports that Thai martial arts star Tony Jaa, whose latest movie ONG BAK 2 opened in select theaters last Friday, is suggesting that it’s a “matter of time” before he appears in a Hollywood production. “I’m happy to know that there are people in the States who like my movies. Hollywood is the capital for the movie industry. It would be interesting to go there. It’s a matter of time,” said Jaa in response to written question from the AP. ONG BAK 2: THE BEGINNING is a prequel of sorts to ONG BAK as it goes back in time to 16th-century Thailand to reveal the origin of the sacred relic that Jaa was tasked with retrieving in the previous film. Jaa now plays the orphaned son of a nobleman who is stripped of his station after the brutal murder of his parents. After training in martial arts he sets out for revenge.

The film is another showcase for Jaa’s amazing screen fighting talents and displays a much more brutal and wider array of fighting styles than its predecessor. It was directed by Jaa in his directorial debut until late in production when he got in over his head and briefly walked off set. After regaining his composure, Jaa returned and his mentor and ONG BAK action director Panna Rittikrai stepped in to direct the rest of the film. Last month, Magnolia Pictures took the unusual step of pre-releasing ONG BAK 2 on several video-on-demand services including Amazon.com, Xbox Live and digital cable where it was being offered for limited viewing. The English-subtitled film premiered in 10 theaters last Friday and earned $26,500 over the weekend according to Box Office Mojo.

In contrast, Magnolia opened the first ONG BAK with English dubbing in 387 theaters four years ago and it earned $1.3 million on its opening weekend. The Weinstein Company had originally acquired the sequel and later sold the rights to Magnolia Pictures. Jaa is currently finishing production on ONG BAK 3 which Sahamongkol Film originally hoped to have completed in time for release before the end of the year. But according to Twitch, producers have already pushed the release date forward to early 2010. The film will be a direct sequel to ONG BAK 2 and feature additional fights between Jaa and his co-star and fellow martial arts actor Dan Chupong.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/ong-bak-2-opens-in-theaters-jaa-eyes-hollywood-11333

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »
FINALLY. Hollywood wakes up!! Kicking like Tony Jaa, Sipping on Coca Colaaaaa...it's JPHiP FLAVA!

Can't wait for ONG BAK 3, keep getting more hardcore man. OB2 was so savage and raw. The production values blew me away.

Tony Jaa ass XD

more HQ stills.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:58:37 PM »

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
Re: General Thai Movie Thread
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »
Tony Jaa leaves the movie industrie and  joins the Monkhood now  :shocked

Tony Jaa has exited the film industry. We don't know for how long and can only speculate on the reasons why but yesterday - Friday, May 28 - Jaa rode an elephant to a Buddhist temple in Surin, Thailand, where he shaved his head, took vows, and was officially ordained as a Buddhist monk.

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/05/ong-bak-star-tony-jaa-joins-the-monkhood.php
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
he pulling a John Rambo or smth, wtf.

Maybe because ong bak 3 flopped lol, or he got hurt. hope this is just temporary.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 02:42:16 AM »
LOVE DAT he was in Fast & Faurous 7 taking on the late Paul Walker!!

TOO SLOW :hip smile:

what's next in store for him?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Heartsdales - Angel Eyes