JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Don`t Stand On My Way

Author Topic: (Group) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi  (Read 16264 times)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
(Group) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi
« on: September 26, 2005, 06:27:53 PM »
The kids, no doubt, are diggin' their little cartoon show.  But a tour?  Good for them, I say; but how will the audience react (especially the kids) when they come out on stage, and sing primarily in Japanese instead of English?  Sorry kids, but the voices used in the cartoon are NOT the voices of the real Puffy. :(  :(  :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:41:53 PM by Ayabie »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
(Artist) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 07:39:14 AM »
lol...they're a good launching pad for those who want to get into Jpop I guess.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 04:08:09 PM »
I hope they publish their articles on the website.  If they do I'll pop them over here.

Offline teth

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:35:51 AM »
But they've had tours...even before their cartoon. And I think the audience were consisted of both Jpop and non-Jpop adult fans.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 02:57:15 AM »
Well, nothing like a cutesy cartoon to help spread the Puffy concept now, is there?  Puffy is the first real Jpop act I got into, I don't think I listened to anything but their Illustrated History album in all of 2002.  It was something other than anime music that was musically cool AND Japanese.  Love those two!  GO PUFFY!!! :bounce:

Offline Vikitty

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 03:55:46 AM »
Puffy in concert is unfucking believably awesome.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:50:30 PM »

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »
So someone made a request for a song, and I thought I'd share an album.  From 2002, Puffy's "An Illustrated History" album.  Talk about bumping a thread, this was on page 4.

http://filedump.jphip.com/kunothunder/An_Illustrated_History.zip

Offline ntropy

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »
I made it to their Chicago show this past July.  It was quite the mixture of actual Japanese, people that were into J-pop and kids with their parents.  The show was still fun, though it wasn't sold out which made me a little sad for them.  But they still had lots of energy and we got a lesson in Osaka-ben.

Offline riyo

• No.4ロケット
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »
I got into them recently. And theie music is great "pop for pop sake". With a mix of pretty much every other genre included. I even had an urge to buy "Splurge", but sadly, didn't.

devilayu

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 10:53:08 PM »
Quote from: teth
But they've had tours...even before their cartoon. And I think the audience were consisted of both Jpop and non-Jpop adult fans.

If I'm not mistaken, there was actually an after-party (a promo party?) for Puffy in America and it consisted only of adults. Methinks it was mostly Asian-fetish men but anyways... Oddly enough, neither Puffy or Ami showed up. But from pics I've seen, it looked fairly packed and consisted of Asian go-go dancers.

Offline tempethegreat

• i'm the great guy!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsuko maeda,i love u so much..
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 01:54:57 AM »
i think puffy is the good group that i know....i really like puffy's song especially 'tokyo im on my way'

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 05:55:41 AM »
They are actually a really good band, although I reckon the cartoon series is a good way to get people into JPop I also think it's ruined them for older fans in a way (such as me:(). I really do think they're worth a lesson as they have a very diverse range of music on each album and the last album was the best of the lot.

Offline patkje

• ecchi
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 12:08:44 PM »
Quote from: TheQuickening;40397
The kids, no doubt, are diggin' their little cartoon show.  But a tour?  Good for them, I say; but how will the audience react (especially the kids) when they come out on stage, and sing primarily in Japanese instead of English?  Sorry kids, but the voices used in the cartoon are NOT the voices of the real Puffy. :(  :(  :(

haha, that must be kinda funny to see. Puffy starts singing and all the children goes like wtf?:MKerr:

Offline TotallyUncool

• Member+
Re: (Group) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 03:23:53 AM »
I saw them at the House of Blues in Hollywood just before the cartoon series came out  --  they were excellent  --  a great show!  They're going to be at the HoB in Anaheim on November 18th  --  I already have my ticket.  I wonder how many little-kid fans will be there  --  I think they can get into the HoB if htey come with their parents.  And how many  :?  parents will there be?  :lol:

When I was looking through the smilies, I found these guys from the good bad old days  --  haven't seen them going at it in a long time (nothing to do with Puffy, though :lol: ): :sheep love:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 06:18:41 AM »
I'll be at the House of Blues too. See you there.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 07:44:18 PM »
Arg, the crowd was terrible. I was disappointed, and the no photography thing made it worse. :lol: Damn you House of Blues!

Puffy and the band were great, though. I finally got a towel, yay.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 11:30:46 PM »
fuck that crowd, man. what i was afraid of basically happened, bunch of kids and their parents on the floor. besides us on the front barrier, the crowd was pretty stagnant except for the TEEN TITANS theme... PUFFY deserved a much better crowd than that.

anyway, the girls and band were fuck awesome, and yatta for towel GETS. i didnt even realize it said honeysweeper until i got home last night XD thought it said honeycreeper the whole time~

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline dracko

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 08:14:55 AM »
Yeah, the whole crowd kinda just stood there. I liked the one J girl that pushed her way to the front right and then started rocking out about half way. And the 2 girls on the right side looked like they were really into it.

Too bad that was the last show of the USA tour. I would have liked to see them again. :jerk:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »
New Puffy album packed with collaborations

Thu, April 30, 2009 (1:13am EDT)

Pop duo Puffy revealed the contents of their next album, "Bring it!," through their official website. The album is full of collaborations, with songs written and composed by artists such as Ringo Shiina, Kazuyoshi Saito, Takeshi Hosomi (of ELLEGARDEN), Masahiko Shimura (of Fujifabric), and Butch Walker.

"Bring it!" contains a total of 13 tracks, with the last one being their cover of Sugar's "Wedding Bell" that is being used in the Fuji TV drama series "Konkatsu!" The first press edition of the CD comes with a DVD of Puffy's 2005 performance in San Francisco.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4725

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Don`t Stand On My Way