Welcome to Girls' Generation forum!
Thanks to our sexy admin Masa, we have been granted a brand new subforum!This thread's purpose:
- To thank Masa & co. for the new subforum (help our ego!)
- To explain briefly what Girls' Generation is aboutWhat is Girls' Generation/So Nyuh Shi Dae/SNSD/소녀시대/少女時代?
- A Korean pop girlgroup consisting of 9 members. It was formed in 2007 by SM Entertainment.What's with the different names?
- 'So Nyuh Shi Dae' means 'Girls' Generation' in Korean. But you'll do well here with just SNSD, which is the acronym of 'So Nyuh Shi Dae'.Who are the members?
See the member threads for more detail.Tae Yeon
BD: March 9, 1989 (age 18)Jessica
BD: April 18, 1989 (age 18)Sunny
BD: May 15, 1989 (age 18)Tiffany
BD: August 1, 1989 (age 18)Hyo Yeon
BD: September 22, 1989 (age 18)YuRi
BD: December 5, 1989 (age 18)Soo Young
BD: February 10, 1990 (age 17)YoonA
BD: May 30, 1990 (age 17)Seo Hyun
BD: June 28, 1991 (age 16)Why should I pay attention to them?
- SNSD has several members with actual(!) talent in singing and dancing, as well as experience in modeling and acting. The girls have trained several years before their debut; for example, Jessica and YoonA trained for as long as 7 years. Some of them can play musical instruments. SNSD members know many languages, and two of them are even fluent in English thanks to being brought up in the US (Jessica and Tiffany). It's a group with girls who work hard to reach their goal.
You'll also soon find out that SNSD has a wide mix of personalities, with many of the girls being crazy, weird, cute and/or funny. There isn't a boring moment with these girls. Whether it's talent, personalities or looks that you enjoy in your idols, SNSD will answer to your needs.
Girls' Generation in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls'_Generation