JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - The Sun Sank

Author Topic: [CHI] Zhang Ziyi  (Read 141616 times)

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Ziyi in "Geisha"
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »
Saw "Geisha" the other day, even though I was wary cos of Golden's reputation as someone who took too Western a view of the geisha tradition, and I do feel the movie was very much made for Western audiences too.  I can understand why it wouldn't be totally well received in Japan...  But as an opportunity to see the lovely Ziyi on the big screen again, and looking just gorgeous, it was welllll worth seeing!  She was just breathtakingly lovely...   :oops:    :P    :twisted:    :halo:    :jerk:    And gave a great performance, as expected...  Her English is certainly pretty decent now (and no sign of Eminem's influence, heh heh!)

I *really* object to how for Western consumption she has had to become Ziyi Zhang instead of Zhang Ziyi - I understand this has actually happened officially.  Really makes me mad (and I'm not Asian, btw) that the English-speaking world still can't accommodate the fact that other languages use a different convention for name order.

Anyway, it will be wonderful to watch her career in Hollywood now - maybe she will make it where Anna May Wong couldn't *quite* break through.

The other thing I'm wondering is what effect the Chinese government's ban on the movie will have on her career, and the other people involved in the movie, back in China.  Hmmm...  Oh, great to see Gong Li in there too...

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 08:57:22 PM »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 08:33:06 AM »
A friend of mine edited together footage from "Crouching Tiger" and matched it to the sounds of an old Blondie song, "Kung Fu Girl."

Check it out, it's really well-done:

Offline Samuel L. Jackson

• Bad Mother Fucker
  • Member+
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 07:57:30 AM »
^ That sounds like a slick concept!

Here she is at Cannes Closing Ceremonies, holding up her tits:

IN THEATERS AUGUST 18 2006

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 02:06:07 AM »
Her performance in The Road Home (Dir. Zhang Yi Mou) was incredible.  She was still in her teens when she made that movie, I believe.  You've just got to see it.  Growing up during the Cultural Revolution, from a nostalgic perspective.

Zhang Yi Mou has a good habit of taking simple ordinary girls and turning them into extraordinary actresses, e.g., Gong Li.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2006, 11:40:14 PM »
Yeah, she is an ordinary girl...just glad she's getting praise in the US instead of say. Lucy Liu.

So sad that there's really only room for one Chinese actress in Hollywood.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 05:54:45 PM »
watched her latest (or it was her latest when i watched it) movie about 3 months ago. it's called Jasmine Women, she plays 3 different parts in it. The movie was really good and she was thoroughly rocking as always, did a mad fantastic job.

check it out if you get a chance!

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 01:49:01 AM »
I saw her pimping Garnier Shampoo. Out of all the overseas Asians, she's really got acclaim on both sides of the pond! some new scans from YK Scans

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 07:22:17 AM »
Stefan Stude's Photoshoot

so cute in these :inlove:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 05:48:16 PM »
zhang ziyi, i love her so. id gladly kill anyone of you for a chance to touch her

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 06:00:18 PM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 02:07:54 AM »
I just watched CTHD and I re-realised how amazing she is.. very cute, great actress.. and her belly is so sexy.. lol, me and my belly fetish again. :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Zhang Ziyi
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 05:39:48 AM »
Chacun Son Cinema Premiere ~ Cannes Film Festival

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »
Vogue China (April 2008)

‘Dare to Care' in Chengdu

Zhang Ziyi Supports Orphans In Chengdu

Actress Zhang Ziyi participated in the grand opening of the Shangri-La Hotel, Chengdu to support Care for Children, Shangri-La's corporate charity partner.

Focusing on fostering Chinese orphans into Chinese families, Care for Children's slogan is "One in Ten", a vision of placing one million Chinese orphans into foster families by 2010. As the "face of Shangri-La," Zhang Ziyi has provided support for the charity, first by visiting Care for Children families in Kunming in March 2007 followed by personal appearances at Shangri-La's CFC fundraising events.

The backbone of Shangri-La's fundraising is a guest donation program called "Dare to Care". Guests are invited to donate to CFC through red packets placed in all guestrooms at night and in restaurant bill folders. Donations can also be made directly by guests upon check out.

"I'm thrilled to be celebrating the opening of this beautiful hotel, but even more, to help commemorate the launch of ‘Dare to Care' in Chengdu," said Zhang Ziyi. "I've seen for myself how this foster programme can change the lives of not only the children, but their foster parents too. I want to help create happy families in China."

In Chengdu, Care for Children has helped place 140 orphans into foster families since 2001 and works with the Chengdu Children Welfare Institution.

The Shangri-La group has globally raised almost RMB4.4 million for Care for Children since 2005. A significant portion of this was generated by Shangri-La China hotels donating RMB40 for every box of Mid-Autumn mooncakes sold in 2007, accounting for RMB1.6 million.

In addition to "Dare to Care," Shangri-La supports Care for Children through creative fundraising activities, which have included everything from a Maserati and Ferrari car rally through China to a global online "Journey to Shangri-La" auction on eBay, for which Shangri-La hotels and resorts donated luxury travel experiences. The hotels also help subsidize venues for the charity's events and workshops.

Beijing-based Care for Children works with local and national governments to introduce foster care and other strategic initiatives to relieve hardship, distress and sickness and to enrich the lives of orphans and other needy children.

http://www.chinacsr.com/2007/12/12/1944-zhang-ziyi-supports-orphans-in-chengdu/

Zhang Ziyi to build a film empire with Mrs. Murdoch

World famous Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi is set to collaborate with Wendi Deng, wife of News Corp. boss Rupert Murdoch, in order to establish a brand new film studio of her own.

Sources told China.org.cn that in latest issue of the Vogue magazine, there's a big interview on Wendi Deng. The astute housewife of the media mogul, revealed in her interview that she planned to establish a DreamWorks-esque film company together with friends Zhang Ziyi and Florence Sloan.

The first film production, according to various reports, will probably be a film adaptation of the Empress by Shan Sa, a French-Chinese author. Gladiator director Ridley Scott may be invited to direct.

Zhang Ziyi's reps didn't deny the report when the Chinese media sought comments.

Ji Lingling, Zhang's publicist, carefully said, "There are always many plans, but I can't say anything before everything is finalized."

The friendship between Wendi Deng and Zhang Ziyi began about 5 or 6 years ago. Mrs. Murdoch once noted that Zhang didn't speak English well when they first met, but later Zhang significantly improved. Zhang also met her present boyfriend Vivi Nevo, a mysterious Israeli tycoon holding major shares of Time Warner, on Deng's yacht.

Zhang Ziyi has just finished shooting Mei Lanfang, a Chen Kaige-directed biopic about a very famous Chinese Peking Opera master. Even though she was absent from film and the public eye for a whole year, she still managed to find a place as No.5 in the Chinese richest celebrities rankings, published by Forbes yesterday.

http://www.china.org.cn/entertainment/2008-03/12/content_12413549.htm

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 08:38:26 AM »
11th Shanghai International Film Festival

Just a body massage <33

Offline khmere-smily

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 03:20:17 AM »
The Banquet Premiere at ''South Korea''

Over the Edge Premiere (april 30 06)

President Hu Ceremonies (april 20 06)

21st Annual Independent Spirt Awards (March 4th 06)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:30:40 AM by khmere-smily »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
Time magazine's 100 most influential people gala in New York (May 8th)

My Blueberry Nights screening in New York City (April 2nd)

Ferragamo 80th Anniversary MoCA Shanghai Exhibition Opening

Offline necten

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2008, 03:58:46 AM »

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »
[youtube=425,350]Z6UrEX0T6HA[/youtube]

This is old clip but i guess you guys should be interested.  Zhang Ziyi and her ex., son of the famous multi-millionaire Timothy Fok.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:32:31 PM by ytl »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - The Sun Sank