JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Good Luck

Author Topic: [11/18] HANGRY & ANGRY 1st album 'Sadistic Dance' (CD+DVD ver. announced)  (Read 52996 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Re: [11/18] HANGRY & ANGRY 1st album 'Sadistic Dance' (CD+DVD ver. announced)
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
got mine last thursday!

YAY EMS SHIPPING!!!

:shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2009, 03:35:36 AM »
Somehow I hate you and I love you XDDD
But I think it is more like I envy you... anyways I'm going to try for the lunch box this time XD

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2009, 03:51:34 AM »
got mine today... Ninja'd my way into the post office and picked it up. Won't be scanned as delivered till monday tho.
Life is one time.

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2009, 04:36:31 AM »
As an fyi to folks, I had placed my pre-order with HMV for the DVD edition the day it was announced.  But when the lunchbox version was announced, I decided to leave my HMV order alone since I wasn't that interested in going out of my way for the lunchbox.

I just got my order today and saw they had sent me the lunchbox version anyway.   Life's good right now! :otomerika: :yossi:
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2009, 05:09:15 AM »
My order's ready to be shipped  :yossi: :otomerika:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »
COOL! Ya ordered a DVD version and got the lunchbox?

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2009, 09:52:50 AM »
Yep, yep, yep!   :w00t:
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
ssssssssssshit what great luck!! I wonder if Yesasia does that hehehe

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2009, 07:10:18 AM »
SHIT YES ASIA DID!! I got the DVD Ltd and regular CD ver:

~50 bucks CAD free shipping vs Hello USA Store 40 USD, and ~20 bucks shipping hmm...do the math.

now to honestly review this album :halo:

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:33 AM »
Since my funds are limited (being an unemployed college student trying to make what I made during the summer stretch over the course of a year), I'm being good girl and getting the actual album later. However, I bought the MP3s, and so I reviewed the album for another forum that I'll post here:

1. Mr. Monkey- I really love this song! I bought the MP3s yesterday, and it's been something I've loved since. I really like the electronic feel to it, and the chorus itself is damn catchy. I love the way Rika sounds in this song. I mean, I love her anywhere, but her voice sounds REALLY suited for this song. And at parts I'm like "DAMN I HAVE A GREAT FAVORITE." This is a really fun, great song that I'm digging.

2. Top Secret- OK, when the 30 second preview was out, I couldn't stop listening. This is a GREAT song, with a great PV. This is another reminder, to me, just how wonderfully Rika and Yossy blend together. I'm really terrified of becoming bored with this, because I love it so much, but it's been keeping my interest since the PV and has turned out to be one of my favorite songs in a while.
The PV basically rocks my Ishiyoshi filled brain. So. I love it dearly.

3. Sadistic Dance- All of us have probably heard this one by now.  :D But yeah, great track! Nothing new.

4. Lady Madonna- The part at the opening is COOL. And the rest of it. It has kind of a slower tempo, but a bit of a... creepy feel at parts? I also like how they just rock out at the chorus. Like Dani said, it has a similar feel to Kill Me Kiss Me, and it WORKS. I might not like this as much as TOP SHECRET there, but it's great.

5. Doubt- It's a lot calmer, and while I do prefer their rocking out... I really like that there's a change of pace. I like albums with all sorts of different songs on them, and this is much different from the earlier songs. I doubt I'll be as much in love with this as, say, Top Secret.

6. Angelia (blah blah version)- Er, not that much different. It sounds good, though. I mean, there's a BIT of different instrumentation. With some added "LIA" bits?

7. Shake Me- At first when it started I was like "...whuuut?" It REALLY doesn't sound much like their other stuff. It has a cool sound, and a really cool rock feel. But it doesn't feel like Hangry&Angry as I know them from the Kiss Me Kill Me mini-album.

8. Kill Me Kiss Me (version of something)- I really like it, actually. It's better than Angelia, at least, where it sounds a LOT different, and I really DO like the electronica feel. The original IS better, but I like this!! <3

9. Giza Giza (different version)- This has always been one of my favorite H&A songs from the mini album. And this IS the best of the remixes. I love the accoustic feel at the beginning, and the rest of it's really great. This is a really good remix.

10. The Peace!- Ah. The track I've waited for since April. The Peace is my favorite MM single and one of my favorite H!P songs. It could have been better, honestly, but I really like hearing the song like this. I want the monologue in there, though :(

All in all. I love it. Like I knew I would. I mean, I'm a bit... bummed that a lot of the album's remixes. But I really loved all the original songs, and the remixes are so cool. Hangry&Angry continues to impress and make me love them. Rika and Yossy sound fantastic and I love them, but I like this all so much that even if it WASN'T Rika and Yossy I'd still love it.

So, yeah. Since I wrote that my opinions haven't changed much. Mr. Monkey and Top Secret are my favorites, I'd say.

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »
Thanks for the thorough review of the album, writerserenyty!!! Hope to see more your posts, they're awesome.  :twothumbs

Anyways, I FINALLY received it yesterday... YESASIA shipping sure is... slow...  :smhid

BUT

:shocked

:w00t:

:inlove:

WAAAAHHHH!!!!!

I didn't expect a lunchbox!!!!!!!!! I thought I'd just ordered the normal CD+DVD version... so unexpected... so YESASIA is forgiven for its tardiness. Was jumping up and down like a moron yesterday when I saw it...  :otomerika: :yossi:

Haven't listened to it yet... will do ASAP and write up my own review too.

I also got my H&A t-shirt. YEAHHHHH!!!!!

Gonna do my part and parade around Melbourne with this tee.  :heart:

:shakeit:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:34:07 PM by Beecubed »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »
^Awesome shirt!

I want the monologue in there, though

+1. However, I wonder if they would have been able to keep it metal  :lol: My only complaint about this version is that the chorus sound to happy and positive in comparison with the rest of the song. but that's nitpicking, it's awesome  :cow:

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »
Maybe kind of a screamo type of monologue? Could Rika pull that off, though? Idk. The monologue's just a high point of the song for me, so. When I heard it wasn't there it was just a bit disappointing.

I kind of want the lunch box set! But then I realize I don't need the lunch box, living off dorm food. Ah, I might just ask for it for the holidays. Because literally all I asked for was JPop type stuff. And like, all of Rika's PBs.

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
Maybe kind of a screamo type of monologue? Could Rika pull that off, though? Idk. The monologue's just a high point of the song for me, so. When I heard it wasn't there it was just a bit disappointing.
dunno if it would fit into this song but she could do the monologue without going screamo... like...
Epica - The Obsessive Devotion (Live)
Epica's Obsessive Devotion... the spoken lines there were shorter... but i think, it could've been done...

I kind of want the lunch box set! But then I realize I don't need the lunch box, living off dorm food. Ah, I might just ask for it for the holidays. Because literally all I asked for was JPop type stuff. And like, all of Rika's PBs.
i have the KMKM lunchbox... and i never used it for lunch XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Good Luck