JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Low

Author Topic: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris  (Read 110815 times)

Offline mia-p

Re: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris
« Reply #360 on: November 10, 2009, 09:23:57 PM »
Ahhhh so I just arrived from London, and I'm finally home in Canada. Sorry for not being around to post as much, but I was busy visiting family in England. Soooooooooo tired and am glad I made it home in one piece. I will try posting all of my photos soon (Although I didn't really get any good shots of Rika and Yossie)  :cry: I love all of the photos that everyone has shared so far!
I miss all of you! :jphip:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:06:46 PM by mia-p »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2009, 02:21:37 AM »
HANGRY & ANGRY - Chibi Japan Expo 2009 (Part1) HD
Top Secret + Sadistic Dance

It's the WeeReZ version (looks like he's posting it himself) that sh15uya already uploaded, but this one has a few more seconds at the start & end, plus it's Part 1 so hopefully that means there'll be more.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline mia-p

« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »
Just uploaded all of my photos here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Mia-P/Chibi%20Japan%20Expo%202009/?albumview=grid

My friend Sharon was able to get some concert videos and pictures on her cellphone so I'll try getting those off her to post here :D

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »
SO CLEAR Photos & video :jphip:

I like this one mia-p - everyones face on the table shots XD

WOOOOOOOOO Y'all got a ninja pic of the autograph sesh? I love Rika's shoulders in the Sadistic Dance costume, oh man how I woulda loved to smell that piece of pie!!

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #364 on: November 13, 2009, 02:19:56 AM »
Durrrh, I posted the first part of my report at HH but not here.  :doh:

Here ya go...

Part one of my Paris report.  :D

Over a month ago, I jumped at the opportunity to see Yossy and Rika again... in Paris no less! I waited patiently until it was finally time to depart and fly off to France. Undoubtedly, I was anxious about the trip, but I wasn't as excited and giddy as I was before SakuraCon in Seattle. Perhaps it was due to the new circumstances that surrounded the trip.

A little over a week after I confirmed my flight to Paris, I got a PM from Daigong with a link to an online application for Chibi Japan Expo PRESS PASSES. I was stunned; the thought never even crossed my mind! Daigong had PM'd Kristen and I since we were the only h&A "veterans" going to Paris. Naturally, I took Dai up on the offer to rep JPHiP as a member of the press. Over the following week, Kristen and I and our support team worked on a solid proposal for press passes.

Our work paid off and we were rewarded with press access at CJE! I mentally did cartwheels once I received my e-mail confirming our press accreditation. Then I had to hunker down and focus on gathering and testing all the equipment I would need for "the job". So at the time, I wasn't really worried about meeting Yossy again and what I would say to her, I was more worried about getting decent photos of them at the expo. Never have I done concert photography, so I felt a lot of pressure. I looked up tips on the internet, asked my photographer friends for help and even e-mailed an acquaintance who took pics at the h&A show in Seattle. Despite my crash course in concert photography, I still was anxious about the whole thing. I worried about ALL of my pictures ending up as rubbish.

Anyway, now you have a bit of the back story. Let's skip to Friday, the first day of the expo. I think Kue and I got to the expo at around 9 AM, which was when I was supposed to meet up with the rest of my press team: Kristen and Mae. As we were walking along the metal barriers to go to the end of the line, we ran into Mae! She was looking for her friends, Aya and Mika who had her ticket to get in, but stayed at a different hotel. Mae then told me that Kristen was already in line, so we continued on and queued up. Kristen left her spot in the line to join Kue and I and we chatted to pass the time. Mae periodically came back to check on us and give us her status on her expo pass. Fortunately, Aya and Mika came through eventually and all was good. While in line, we also saw elgie and Wolfie.

Once the doors opened and our tickets were scanned, we made a beeline for the Discount Manga booth. We were greeted with no line and a bunch of new h&A swag. The first thing I noticed were the new pics of h&A in the desert. I was stunned by the style of the pics, it was like... something out of a PB. :D LIke I said, there wasn't anyone else waiting in line to buy anything, so we took our time ogling the new goods. I was like, "I want EVERYTHING. No really." XD I was delighted to see they had Yossy's FC egg shirt on sale, too! According to the vendor, they only had 10 of those t-shirts. Sure enough, I bought one (The first one! WOO!).

After making our purchases, we decided to mill around next to the booth and check out our loot. Then right in the middle of checking out my Rika photoset, I noticed Aqua walking by! As I had promised I would do, I yanked her over into our group. I think by this time, the Japanese fans were done buying their merch and so we were all just hanging out in front of the booth. I remember Mika taking it upon herself to start introducing herself in English to everyone. So now everyone started introducing themselves and everyone knew who was who.

Also at that point, we finished what we needed to do, which was buy our merch, and for Kristen, Mae and I, we checked in with the expo folks and got our press badges. *cue the heavenly choir* We decided we were done at the expo for the day and wanted to do some sightseeing. Aqua, elgie, Kue and I planned on meeting up later at 5pm in front of Notre Dame to begin our little Paris tour.

After dropping off our stuff at our hotel and taking a quick break, Kue and I hit the Metro and headed towards Notre Dame. It was funny for me, because once we were crossing a bridge over the Seine, it finally hit me that I was in Paris. LOL The actual town where the expo was, Montreuil, is completely different from the streets of Paris. It wasn't bad, it was just... different.

Once Kue and I got to the plaza in front of Notre Dame, I took out my rainbow flag so that I could be easily spotted by any HH folks. Then I noticed elgie standing on top of the edge of a garden, so I started to wave my flag at her. As I got her attention, I noticed some familiar faces walking towards me from my right. It was tutu, MyDearYossi and their sister, Kaisa! I was surprised, but happy to see them there, too! It was a sweet Hitomi Heaven meeting. We went through introductions and took some group pics in front of the cathedral.

Then it was time to figure out what to do from there. Elgie, our super tour guide had many a suggestion, and we finally settled on taking a boat tour on the Seine to the Eiffel Tower. The sun had set while we waited for the next boat, so it started to get more chilly. However, the city looked more romantic when its lights illuminated the Parisian skies. <3

The boat ride was cold, but fun. We stayed in the back outside so we could have a better view of everything. I remember us joking about seeing Yossy and Rika making out in another boat on the Seine or walking hand in hand along the river bank. XD As we fantasized about what Yossy and Rika were doing in Paris, we failed to notice the Eiffel Tower behind us. ^_^;; We got off the boat and searched for something to munch on cuz we were hungryyyy. We found a food stand in front of the tower that sold these amazing hot dogs. Instead of regular hot dog buns, the hotdogs were stuffed into a baguette and then toasted. OMG SO GOOOOOD. I might have my hotdogs done like that from now on. Baguettes = <3

We took pics of the Eiffel Tower along with the 183751387 other tourists and aggressive Tower souvenier vendors there. I don't want to imagine how many people would be there at the base of the tower in the daytime during the summer. Insane. After finishing our hotdogs, we took a leisurely stroll down Le Champ de Mars, heading towards the Peace Monument at the end of the park. After a couple more pics, we went in search of the nearby Metro station to head home. We were all pretty tired at that point. Besides, we had to get up early the next morning to wait in line at the expo and get first dibs on those autograph tickets. >.>;

TO BE CONTINUED...

what whaaat.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:23:08 AM by Kimuuu »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #365 on: November 14, 2009, 10:39:56 AM »

^ PLANT YOSELF!!! :jphip:  Great read Kimmy!! Poor Mae, she tell me she getting through a cold too. Everyone Vitamin C UP! whoa. Hitomi Heaven WASSUP! :9 BAGUETTES FUCKKKKYEA!

more myspace videos!

HANGRY&ANGRY@Chibi Japan Expo Comment2

HANGRY&ANGRY@Chibi Japan Expo Episode 2

Offline mia-p

« Reply #366 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »
SO CLEAR Photos & video :jphip:

I like this one mia-p - everyones face on the table shots XD

WOOOOOOOOO Y'all got a ninja pic of the autograph sesh? I love Rika's shoulders in the Sadistic Dance costume, oh man how I woulda loved to smell that piece of pie!!

I hope they're somewhat clear, I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but its better then nothing. My camera ran out of batteries before the show  :( and  I was only able to get those 2 blurry shots at the autograph session on Sunday >_<  I was trying so hard to get a clear photo but the staff asked me to put my camera away haha :nervous:

Here is all the swag that I bought (not including the t-shirt) I'm so broke :P The poster is all beaten and battered up from all of the traveling  :angry:

And the two pieces of art for Yossie and Rika, where I can't even remember what happened when I actually gave it to them 0__0;
I hope they liked it!

It's a shame that they didn't show much coverage of the convention, hopefully they will have some more footage up soon.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:46:30 PM by mia-p »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #367 on: November 15, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »
AWESOME paintings mia-p!!

nooooooo...batteries is hard to manage. next time I'm packing my charger too. I LOVE THE POSTER!!!

They'll prolly have a few more volumes of convention coverage.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2009, 05:52:09 AM »
Hangry Angry
Lady Madonna
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Low