JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goche` - Here_There

Author Topic: [Poll] The Sadistic Dance Rating & Review Thread  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Poll] The Sadistic Dance Rating & Review Thread
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
The album is out so let's review it! What are your 1st impressions about the album? Are there any songs that you always skip and which songs stay on repeat for hours? Do you prefer the original versions or the Crash Berlin remixes? Discuss and post your rating!

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: [Poll] The Sadistic Dance Rating & Review Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:50 AM »
Do you prefer the original versions or the Crash Berlin remixes?

I prefer the originals.  Definitely!  I could rock out to the originals but the new versions seem to lack power.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:06:08 PM »
Whee, I finally got my album today! :D I looove it, a lot more than their mini-album. There wasn't a song I didn't like (although Shake me was underwhelming...). My favorite is either Top Secret, Lady Madonna, or DOUBT (excluding Sadistic Dance since it's been released already. ;)). I can't choose just yet. ^^;

I liked the crash berlin versions, but I definitely prefer the originals, especially GIZA GIZA. The new version was just too slow. =/ Well, not "slow", but not as rock-y as the original.

The Peace! was definitely interesting. I liked it a lot, but the only complaint is that annoying voice in the backround that kept saying 'PEACE!' and whatnot.

Anyway, I'm off to listen the album on repeat! :D

Edit
CRAP! I accidently rated it a 5 when I meant to rate it a 10! D: Is there a way to change that? :cry:

And DOUBT's my favorite. It's so amazing. O.O It might be my new favorite H&A song, too. :O
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:02:25 PM by Naomi »

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:36:30 PM »
NO DOUBT!

NO DOUBT!

man... that song makes the hair on the back of my neck (in short, batok) stand up...

:otomerika: :yossi:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 02:41:25 AM »
Honestly greatly put together, i agree on having the original songs and the remixes, out of the songs that were not presented as singles, I love Shake me and Lady Madonna.  I think even not figuring the translations for most of the songs, I like how they are presented in the album especially I am fan of punk pop and some emo (the tones were there :lol:) I think The Peace was really overdone by just speeding up and pounding the song into oblivion.  That was my only criticism about the whole album.

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »
This album has the same problem as Scandal's album. It's not 'bad' by any means, but it's not what I was expecting/hoping for. The entire thing is too electronic. I was hoping for more heavy guitar stuff like in 'Angelia', but apart from 'The Peace' there is hardly any of that.

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:17:01 AM »
I LOVED THIS.

Copypasta:

1. Mr. Monkey- I really love this song! I bought the MP3s yesterday, and it's been something I've loved since. I really like the electronic feel to it, and the chorus itself is damn catchy. I love the way Rika sounds in this song. I mean, I love her anywhere, but her voice sounds REALLY suited for this song. And at parts I'm like "DAMN I HAVE A GREAT FAVORITE." This is a really fun, great song that I'm digging.

2. Top Secret- OK, when the 30 second preview was out, I couldn't stop listening. This is a GREAT song, with a great PV. This is another reminder, to me, just how wonderfully Rika and Yossy blend together. I'm really terrified of becoming bored with this, because I love it so much, but it's been keeping my interest since the PV and has turned out to be one of my favorite songs in a while.
The PV basically rocks my Ishiyoshi filled brain. So. I love it dearly.

3. Sadistic Dance- All of us have probably heard this one by now.  :D But yeah, great track! Nothing new.

4. Lady Madonna- The part at the opening is COOL. And the rest of it. It has kind of a slower tempo, but a bit of a... creepy feel at parts? I also like how they just rock out at the chorus. Like Dani said, it has a similar feel to Kill Me Kiss Me, and it WORKS. I might not like this as much as TOP SHECRET there, but it's great.

5. Doubt- It's a lot calmer, and while I do prefer their rocking out... I really like that there's a change of pace. I like albums with all sorts of different songs on them, and this is much different from the earlier songs. I doubt I'll be as much in love with this as, say, Top Secret.

6. Angelia (blah blah version)- Er, not that much different. It sounds good, though. I mean, there's a BIT of different instrumentation. With some added "LIA" bits?

7. Shake Me- At first when it started I was like "...whuuut?" It REALLY doesn't sound much like their other stuff. It has a cool sound, and a really cool rock feel. But it doesn't feel like Hangry&Angry as I know them from the Kiss Me Kill Me mini-album.

8. Kill Me Kiss Me (version of something)- I really like it, actually. It's better than Angelia, at least, where it sounds a LOT different, and I really DO like the electronica feel. The original IS better, but I like this!! <3

9. Giza Giza (different version)- This has always been one of my favorite H&A songs from the mini album. And this IS the best of the remixes. I love the accoustic feel at the beginning, and the rest of it's really great. This is a really good remix.

10. The Peace!- Ah. The track I've waited for since April. The Peace is my favorite MM single and one of my favorite H!P songs. It could have been better, honestly, but I really like hearing the song like this. I want the monologue in there, though :(

All in all. I love it. Like I knew I would. I mean, I'm a bit... bummed that a lot of the album's remixes. But I really loved all the original songs, and the remixes are so cool. Hangry&Angry continues to impress and make me love them. Rika and Yossy sound fantastic and I love them, but I like this all so much that even if it WASN'T Rika and Yossy I'd still love it.

I voted nine, because I would have preferred more original songs and fewer remixes. But I love all the songs.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goche` - Here_There