I'm a 1st year student of a Master degree in computer science, and i just finished working on a school project which is a multi-player tank action game implemented in Java and using RMI
Didn't really had the time to complete the design, but the objective was to make it work on our school computer network so i guess it's ok :pTankAttack
contains the .jar of the server and the client, and a policy file
to launch the server :
on a terminal or cmd
java -jar -Djava.security.policy=java.policy -Djava.security.manager ServerTankAttack.jar
to launch the client just doucle click on it
enter the host name of the server (if you launch both server and client on the same computer just click connect it should work, or try localhost)
then you can create a game, and join it (select default if you want the same settings from the pic)
alone should work too, you can kill yourself haha but you could also launch another client and test the game...
How to play :
- left/right/up/down arrows to move
- space to fire
- close the window to disconnect
- the game can only be created one time, if you want other settings just close the server and launch another one
- when everybody is disconnected the game battlefield is reset, so there are other random obstacles and land mines
- some obstacles can be destroyed by the bullets, those ones also block the tank, the others where supposed to be some nice decorations. when one obstacle is destroyed, some random ones appears on the battlefield.
- when a player join a game, it appears on one of the corner, which is its headquarter. that's why only 4 players can join the game.
- when you lose or win, close the window and launch a new one if you want to join the game again (if you are the winner then the battlefield should be reset after)
- the last player on the battlefield is the winner, if at least one player has been declared loser before he disconnects
- one player have 3 lives (which means 3 tanks), one tank has 5 health points and 20 bullets. a tank can protect itself by going in his headquarter. this one has 200 health points
- a bullet does 1 point of damage
- a land mine does 2 points of damage
i guess i didn't forget anything...mmm...well have fun !