JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Touched

Author Topic: [Discuss] The Best Vocals in AKB48  (Read 43710 times)

Offline theyellowbanana

• ~TanoDaisuki~
  • Member+
Re: [Discuss] The Best Vocals in AKB48
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
I think you have to listen hana wa saku - iwata karen :D
her voice is amazing here :D
sorry if I'm repost :D

Offline Sok

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
You're right her voice is amazing in this.

Offline SRA48

• tomutomutomutomu
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
I think you have to listen hana wa saku - iwata karen :D
her voice is amazing here :D
sorry if I'm repost :D

THIS!!  :thumbup

what a voice  :twothumbs
but i haven't know what her voice in another song, maybe in some solo part?  :?
-tomutomutomutomutomu

Offline Majijo.Soul

• In the eyes of an idol, shed tears turn to stars.
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »
I've tallied up all the “votes” people have put in for their favorite voices on this thread. If AKB48 had Senbatsu rankings based on vocal quality and singing skills, this would be it...

On the left is the results from this thread, on the right is another forum (for comparison)

Kami-7

Masuda Yuka  =  Takahashi Minami
Takahashi Minami  =  Masuda Yuka
Akimoto Sayaka  =  Kashiwagi Yuki
Kashiwagi Yuki  =  Akimoto Sayaka
Sato Natsuki   =  Sato Natsuki
Iwasa Misaki  =  Iwasa Misaki
Katayama Haruka  =  Katayama Haruka

Runner-ups 

Iwata Karen  =  Miyazaki Miho
Kasai Tomomi  =  Nakaya Sayaka
Kojima Haruna  =  Yokoyama Yui
Nakaya Sayaka  =  Minegishi Minami
Yokoyama Yui  =  Kojima Haruna

(P.S. Sorry for bumping a dead thread...)

Offline Majijo.Soul

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »
The moment of truth (tallied up from both forums)...

Rankings (Kami-7 is italicized)

<Center>
1. Masuda Yuka – actually #26
<Senbatsu>
2. Takahashi Minami – #6
3. Kashiwagi Yuki – #3
4. Akimoto Sayaka – #20
5. Sato Natsuki – No rank
6. Iwasa Misaki – #33
7. Katayama Haruka – #48
8. Nakaya Sayaka – #36
9. Kojima Haruna  – #7
10. Yokoyama Yui – #15
11. Miyazaki Miho – #38
12. Iwata Karen – No rank
13. Kasai Tomomi – #12
14. Minegishi Minami – #14
15. Kuramochi Asuka – #22
16. Oya Shizuka – #59

The only members that had the same ranks were Yukirin at #3, and Miichan at #14. Two members that didn't rank in the elections made it in: Nacchi (actually into the kami-7!) and Karen-chan. Senbatsu members higher than their usual ranks were Takamina and Yui. Chiyuu and Kojiharu were lower, but actually only slightly. Finally, members that weren't Senbatsu in the elections also made it in: Sayaka; Wasamin; Haachan; Nakayan; Myao; Mocchi; and Shiichan. Yuttan, a member who only ranks in mid-Undergirls, was our god-tier center.

Note: Masuda Yuka and Takahashi Minami were actually tied for the center position, but I believe that it belongs to Masuda. While Takahashi is the “voice of AKB” and she outdoes most of the members by the sheer power of her deep voice, I have seen several people complain that her singing has a nasal tone to it. I see very few people that have a negative critique of Masuda's voice (and in my opinion, she is the AKB member that can give the most emotionally imbued performance).

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »
^Awesome! I love when people bump old threads with interesting content  :thumbup

Let's comment!

1. Masuda Yuka: I think we all agree she has a great singing voice. I think her senbatsu election ranking is explained by her not being a typical idol. She's really mature. I'm glad she has the musical gig now and I feel she has a promising career ahead of her.
2. Takahashi Minami: She has done some epic performances and she definitely adds some power to AKB48's sound. However, personally I'm not that big a fan of her 'timbre'.
3. Kashiwagi Yuki: Love her warm and soothing voice. Amazing such a sound can come from her tiny frame. Great voice, but her voice doesn't always sooth the song.

6. Iwasa Misaki: She has already improved a lot this past year and she's still super young. She beat Yuka in that AKBingo Diva battle at the time, and I think she can achieve her level or even surpass her when she'll be Yuka's age. Amazing talent.

10. Yokoyama Yui: Love her talking voice and singing voice as well. Nice new flavor in the NMB sound. When she sings solo she barely uses vibrato, which might indicate a lack of technique? Still great to listen to her.
11. Miyazaki Miho: Yeah, no. She can be great in some songs, but she can also sound really, really bad in other songs. Prime example would be that performance at the Karaoke festival.

13. Kasai Tomomi: Totally underrated. I hope she can show of her skills in that upcoming solo debut!

15. Kuramochi Asuka: Don't agree with this one either. In fact, I'd place Mocchi around Akicha level when it comes to vocal skills. In French Kiss' more uptempo songs she sounds so weak. Her strength lies within slower paced songs in which she can sound good.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2012, 08:58:45 PM »
1. Masuda Yuka – actually #26
Well, I understand she has a good voice, but her "powerful" style doesn'y appeal to me much.

2. Takahashi Minami – #6
Never saw the fuss, again, she has a "powerful" style, but not on a par with Yuka or Sayaka, and fails elsewhere.

3. Kashiwagi Yuki – #3
Her solo ballads are beautiful. I really love them.

4. Akimoto Sayaka – #20
Out of the girls with the big voices, her's is definitely my favourite, can't say why, but I just prefer it.

5. Sato Natsuki – No rank
Her performance of "Time After Time" is quite memorable, nice voice.

6. Iwasa Misaki – #33
Her enka voice is really great, seems much stronger in the live performances than when she recorded her single. However, her voice doesn't seem to suit the standard idol songs as well.

12. Iwata Karen – No rank
A great rising star. Her line in "Hana wa Saku" at the entrance to the 2nd verse kills me every time.

Can't comment on the others that are listed above.

As for my Oshimen, I think Mayuyu has a fantastic voice although her style may irk a lot of people, its very love or hate. She shines the best at her collaborative ballads. Live she is very consistent, which means some songs she always performs really well, but others, like "Otona Jelly Beans" never sound that good live. But she is very consistent between the different performances of the same song.

As for Paruru, well, she has another love it or hate voice. I think its very cute, but never thought it would stand up to much as a singing voice until I heard the first line of "Eien Pressure". It just wins me over completely.

Chihiro

Offline Majijo.Soul

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
^Awesome! I love when people bump old threads with interesting content  :thumbup

Let's comment!

1. Masuda Yuka: I think we all agree she has a great singing voice. I think her senbatsu election ranking is explained by her not being a typical idol. She's really mature. I'm glad she has the musical gig now and I feel she has a promising career ahead of her.
2. Takahashi Minami: She has done some epic performances and she definitely adds some power to AKB48's sound. However, personally I'm not that big a fan of her 'timbre'.
3. Kashiwagi Yuki: Love her warm and soothing voice. Amazing such a sound can come from her tiny frame. Great voice, but her voice doesn't always sooth the song.

6. Iwasa Misaki: She has already improved a lot this past year and she's still super young. She beat Yuka in that AKBingo Diva battle at the time, and I think she can achieve her level or even surpass her when she'll be Yuka's age. Amazing talent.

10. Yokoyama Yui: Love her talking voice and singing voice as well. Nice new flavor in the NMB sound. When she sings solo she barely uses vibrato, which might indicate a lack of technique? Still great to listen to her.
11. Miyazaki Miho: Yeah, no. She can be great in some songs, but she can also sound really, really bad in other songs. Prime example would be that performance at the Karaoke festival.

13. Kasai Tomomi: Totally underrated. I hope she can show of her skills in that upcoming solo debut!

15. Kuramochi Asuka: Don't agree with this one either. In fact, I'd place Mocchi around Akicha level when it comes to vocal skills. In French Kiss' more uptempo songs she sounds so weak. Her strength lies within slower paced songs in which she can sound good.

Thank you for the appreciation! :twothumbs

1. Yuka (First places I heard her voice: MARIA, Blue Rose, Stargazer, the AKBingo Diva Battle)

Yuka is simply flawless. What I really love about her voice is how soulful it is. She was the first AKB48 girl to really evoke an emotional response within me through her singing. She certainly deserves to rank higher in the elections, and I really hope that she can make herself a career outside of AKB.

2. Takamina (Bird, Seifuku ga Jama wo suru, Majijo Teppen Blues solo, Blue Rose shuffle, RIVER, Itoshisa no Accel)

Speaking of "voices coming from a tiny frame", 148 cm Takahashi definitely has a powerful voice. I can easily distinguish her singing easily from among the AKB members. I love the deep, almost boyish sound of her voice so much! Whenever she has solo or duet lines in a single or b-side it seems to become one of my favorites.  XD

3. Yukirin (Temodemo no Namida, Mushi no ballad shuffle)

Writing this reminds me how little I actually have heard of Yukirins voice. But what I have listened to I have loved... Lovely and melodious, not as deep as Takamina's or Sayaka's voice, but not high-pitched either.

4. Sayaka (Blue rose, Mushi no ballad, Kimi wa Pegasus, Flying Get (her voice was very distinctive in that song), DiVA singles)

My Team K oshimen! Words cannot express how much I love Sayaka, and her voice as well. She is a vocal powerhouse, just like Takamina. Her singing voice is deep. Raw power was what I first thought when I heard Mushi no Ballad. While it seemed just a bit rough around the edges, her emotional delivery was unparalleled, even (in my opinion) when Masuda sung this song.

5. Sato Natsuki (16nin Shimai no Uta, Kimi wa pegasus)

I haven't heard much of Natsuki's voice, other than her excellent performance in Kimi wa Pegasus (though no one can outshine Sayaka in that song). But I'm sure that Nacchi has some skills.

6. Iwasa Misaki (AKBingo Diva Battle, Mujineki)

Our enka princess! She has such a gorgeous voice. I'm a bit surprised Nacchi ranked above her... Her single was beautiful and haunting, and during the Diva Battle her voice was lovely and soothing. But I really think Masuda deserved first place, or at least getting to the final round...

7. Katayama Haruka (Junjou Shugi, Itoshiki Natasha, AKBingo Diva Battle)

Haachan's talent is vastly underrated, and I'm so happy that my new Team B oshimen is recognized for her skill. The very first I heard of her voice is a video posted in Haachan's thread, which displays her flawless vibrato. She has the voice of an angel, and an incredible sense of rhythm!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:53:43 PM by Majijo.Soul »

Offline Majijo.Soul

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
(Continued)

8. Nakayan (First time I heard her voice: Kuroi Tenshi shuffle, Kibou ni Tsuite)

Nakayan is one of the members with an unexpectedly good vocals. When she auditioned for the Wizard of Oz musical, the producer said he was surprised by how powerful her vocal skills turned out to be. Now that she's part of NO NAME, I hope to hear more of Nakayan's angelic voice.

9. Kojiharu (Oogoe Diamond; Heart Gata Virus; Skirt, Hirari; Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru)

I never really thought of Harunyan as having one of the best voices in AKB48, but I suppose that she's one of the groups better singers. My first impression of her singing voice was the solo lines that she had in Oogoe Diamond: high pitched, somewhat nasal, but certainly distinctive.

10. Yui-han (Seifuku Resistance, Blue Bird)

Yui's singing voice is noticeably high-pitched than her talking voice. Her vocals are not outstanding in my book, but they are decent. What Yui lacks in power she makes up for with her sweet voice.

11. Myao (Nattou Angels)

I'm really unsure of what to think of Myao's voice. In fact, I'm surprised she ranked on this list. There was a lot of talk about her on the other forum that I used to compile the rankings, and not as much on this thread. Maybe I should have just stuck with our forum.  :nervous  Anyhow, I've heard people saying Myao's voice is powerful and matches up to the best singers in AKB48. Others replied that she sounds rather “flat” or that its laughable to say she's top tier in vocals. Maybe its just best to describe Myao's singing skill as “inconsistent”.  XD

12. Karen-chan (Hana wa Saku, Kibou ni Tsuite)

Definitely a rising star, with well-springs of potential. We're all impressed by her performance in Hana wa Saku.  :twothumbs

13. Chiyuu (MARIA, Oshibe to Meshibe to Yoru no Chouchou, Dakishimeraretara)

Chiyuu ~ ! My impression of her voice is that it's very high and sweet. I hope I can get to know her vocal skills a little better through her solo debut!

14. Miichan (Blue Rose shuffle, No3b version of Heart Gata Virus)

I always had known Miichan as an exceptional dancer rather than singer. However, actually listening to her vocals changed that opinion. During a Blue Rose shuffle, she sang her solo lines in a low, sexy voice that left a lasting positive impression.

15. Mocchi (Dakishimeraretara, duet at a Majisuka Gakuen themed concert with Kasai Tomomi)

I can't say much about Mocchi's voice... It's low and soothing, and I agree that she shines in songs that have a slow tempo. With her voice type Asuka should stick to ballads.

16. Shiichan (AKBingo Diva Battle)

I have rarely heard Shiichan sing, but during the Diva Battle she had an excellent performance. She definitely has vocal skills.   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:56:41 PM by Majijo.Soul »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
11. Myao (Nattou Angels)

I'm really unsure of what to think of Myao's voice. In fact, I'm surprised she ranked on this list. There was a lot of talk about her on the other forum that I used to compile the rankings, and not as much on this thread. Maybe I should have just stuck with our forum.  :nervous  Anyhow, I've heard people saying Myao's voice is powerful and matches up to the best singers in AKB48. Others replied that she sounds rather “flat” or that its laughable to say she's top tier in vocals. Maybe its just best to describe Myao's singing skill as “inconsistent”.  XD

I think Myao gained her reputation for that epic performance of "Faint" at the JCB Hall concert (2008). She also did wel in B5's "Arashi no Yoru ni wa." But yeah, very inconsistent.

As for Kasai, also check out:
- Queen & Elizabeth - Love Wars (Kasai Solo version)
- Her performances at the Karaoke concert  :bow:
- Astro Fighter Sunred's Theme Song  :lol:
- ICE from AKB48 - Aisareru to iu koto

Kasai birthday special @ http://radio.jphip.com/ right now!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:03:38 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline pink-wota

• Juribb pls ;A;
  • FIFTEEEEEENNNNNNN
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2012, 02:54:32 AM »
From the top of my head and in no particular order:

Masuda Yuka - I don't even need to explain this one. I think we can all agree that she has one of the best, if not, THE best vocal in AKB. Too bad she graduated. ;v;

Takahashi Minami - Has a really nice alto voice. One of the best vocals in AKB.

Kashiwagi Yuki - Sweetest voice ever! I really like listening to her voice, it calms me~

Maeda Atsuko - I know she graduated but although she doesn't have spectacular vocals, her voice is so distinct that it grows on you~

Watanabe Mayu - If she's not trying to be cute, her voice is actually really nice.

Kojima Haruna - I've always liked her nasally voice. It's sweet and nice~

Offline marikojiyuu

• Member+
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
For me:

Masuda Yuka - Powerful voice, strong vocal, and great technique. Sometimes she overshadows other voice (i.e. Tobenai Agehachou, Nante Bohemian, and Gomen ne Jewel). But she's the best singer  :bow:

Iwasa Misaki (tied with Yuttan) - Her enka voice is awesome and her vibrato is just lovely. She even beat Yuka in AKBingo DIVA competition. However I dislike her idol voice, it's too high and doesn't suit her at all. But she's so young, and given how good she is now, I can't imagine how wonderful her mature voice.  :bow:   

Akimoto Sayaka - Mushi no Ballad proof it all. Sayaka's voice type is the same as Yuka's (yes, she sometimes overshadows too). But hers is rougher and technically she's worse than Yuka. However Sayaka's voice is so distinctive.

Kuramochi Asuka - Has a very low and soothing voice that works in ballad songs.

Takahashi Minami - Her low voice is great but when she hits hih note she becomes somewhat nasal.

Kojima Haruna - I never like nasal or high-pitched voice but Nyan is the exception. She could hold her range as shown in No3b's songs. I love her lines!

Shinoda Mariko - Huh...hah!? I used to cringe whenever Mariko-sama sings live. But her Mujin Eki performance in Kouhaku surprises me. I think as long as she lip-sync doesn't hit high notes she'll be okay.

Nonaka Misato - She has a really soothing voice so I like it. But she needs to strengthen her voice a little bit.

Kashiwagi Yuki - Smooth and soothing voice as shown in Temodemo no Namida and Bokutachi wa Ima something from 1830m album. However she sometimes lower her standard and plays safe *cough*Yokaze no Shiwaza*cough*.

Looking at the list, it seems I really like the girl with husky and/or low voice  :nervous

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:34 AM »
tbh I'm inclined to include Yuka and Nacchi in the list since they had graduated... oh well.

Masuda Yuka: She has great raw voice, deep and slightly husky voice. After polished, she has good techniques. She is also good in inserting emotion and feelings to her singing. All she needs now is consistency.

Sato Natsuki: The most consistent singer in AKB. Her voice is soft and fits for singing ballad. Overshadowed by Yuka, though.

Akimoto Sayaka: Powerhouse. Inconsistent and tend to exert too much unnecessary power. The best when singing rockish song.

Iwata Karen: Trained budding talent. Has quite high range of vocal and I was quite satisfied by her live performance of Hana wa Saku in the recent Music Japan. Never thought she could actually pull it.

Nonaka Misato: The one with the deepest and lowest range of vocal in AKB, I think. Her solo version of Himawari is.... 1 note lower? than the original. Her voice is very soft and soothing.

Kuramochi Asuka: Lack of consistency, probably from lacking of performing live singing experience. Soft and husky voice.

No3b girls: All three of them are good but their voices are all quite nasal.

Iwasa Misaki: C'mon girl, sing enka more and other genre less. Unless you pull a Nana-Mizuki.

Kashiwagi Yuki: Honestly she is improving a lot. Her singing isn't as flat as it used to be.

Watanabe Mayu: Errmm, train her in enka. I'd rather listen to her deeper voice singing than her cutesy idol singing.  :bleed eyes:

Natori Wakana: Still inconsistent but she has nice voice.

Omori Miyu: Her Romance Kakurenbo was just.... great. Full of emotion.

Okada Nana: Need more of her!

Kasai Tomomi: Hmm. I know she's good, but... her sweet voice isn't everyone's cup of tea.

If I have to talk about the best live performance... I shall refer to Yuka and Nacchi's duet on Kioku no Dilemma and Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka? from Tokyo Aki Matsuri. I can never listen to those two songs with the same feelings anymore. N-Tako needs more love  :bow:
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »
Really loving Yokoyama Yui's vocals lately. So soothing. Remember Kigamure Romantic Kyoto version? I can listen to that all day.
The one thing that always strikes me about her singing is that she doesn't use vibrato, ever.
Wonder if that's on purpose or lack of technique... Would be really interesting to see her develop it and see where it takes her.

Offline Oshi~

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 48 & 46 Group ❤ SCANDAL
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
Definitely Masuda Yuka... but since she left....

meh...   :smhid
Kami Oshi: ニャンニャン(*≧∀≦*)

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Touched