JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - Long-D

Author Topic: [CHI] Lau Ching-Wan 劉青雲  (Read 36158 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Lau Ching-Wan 劉青雲
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:39:28 AM »
Lau Ching-Wan / 劉青雲

One of my favorite actors! "Fit Low" they called him on "Police Cadet" series. Lau Ching-Wan is a Hong Kong Film Award winning and Golden Bauhinia Award winning film and television actor based in Hong Kong. He's collabo'd with them all. You may have seen him in a ton of Johnnie To movies, he is one of the best actors in Hong Kong!!

aka Sean
Ancestry: Sanshui, Guangdong
Born: February 16, 1964 in Hong Kong
Spouse(s): Amy Kwok (郭藹明)

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia

Filmography
Silent Love (1986)
Sunrise (1986)
Xiao Xiao -- A Girl from Human (1987)
Police Story 2 (1988)[cameo]
Set Me Free (1988)
Live Hard (1989)
My Dear Son (1989)
The Roar of the Vietnamese (1991)
Angel Hunter (1992)
The Shootout (1992)
Tulips In August (1992)
All Men are Brothers - Blood of the Leopard (1993)
Executioners (1993)
C'est La Vie Mon Cheri (1993)
Crazy Hong Kong (1993)
Pink Bomb (1993)
Thou Shalt Not Swear (1993)
Beginner's Luck (1994)
Bomb Disposal Officer: Baby Bomb (1994)
Don't Shoot Me, I'm Just a Violinist! (1994)
Hello! Who is It? (1994)
I Wanna Be Your Man! (1994)
It's a Wonderful Life (1994)
I've Got You, Babe! (1994)
The Most Wanted (1994)
Oh! My Three Guys (1994)
Over the Rainbow, Under the Skirt (1994)[voice only]
Return to a Better Tomorrow (1994)
Shanghai Fever (1994)
Tears and Triumph (1994)
The Third Full Moon (1994)
The Tragic Fantasy - Tiger of Wanchai (1994)
Dr. Mack (1995)
Happy Hour (1995)
Mother of a Different Kind (1995)
New Tenant (1995)[cameo]
Once in a Lifetime (1995)
Only Fools Fall in Love (1995)
Romantic Dream (1995)
Sea Root (1995)
Tricky Business (1995)
Loving You (1995)
The Golden Girls (1995)
Tri-Star (1996)
Muto Bontie (1996)
Big Bullet (1996)
Black Mask (1996)
Viva Erotica (1996)
Beyond Hypothermia (1996)
Lifeline (1997)
Final Justice (1997)
Too Many Ways to be No. 1 (1997)
Full Alert (1997)
My Dad is a Jerk (1997)
Yesterday You, Yesterday Me (1997)[voice only]
The Longest Nite (1998)
Expect the Unexpected (1998)
Step into the Dark (1998)
A Hero Never Dies (1998)
The H.K. Triad (1999)
Where a Good Man Goes (1999)
Running Out of Time (1999)
Victim (1999)
Lunch With Charles (CANADA 2001)
La Brassiere (2001)
Running Out of Time 2 (2001)
Fat Choi Spirit (2002)
My Left Eye Sees Ghosts (2002)
Mighty Baby (2002)
Colour of the Truth (2003)
Good Times, Bed Times (2003)
Lost in Time (2003)
Fantasia (2004)
Itchy Heart (2004)
Driving Miss Wealthy (2004)
Three of a Kind (2004)
The Attractive One (2004)
Himalaya Singh (2005)
The Shopaholics (2006)
My Name is Fame (2006)
The Magic Gourd (2007)[voice only]
Mad Detective (2007)
Written By (2009)
Overheard (2009)
Poker King (2009)

via: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/lau_ching_wan.htm

He made his debut in film in 1986 and since then has been cast in an increasingly wide number of roles. Amongst his more memorable roles include acting opposite Anita Yuen as a down-and-out musician in C'est la vie, mon chéri (1993) and in a number of cop thrillers, such as Big Bullet (1996), Full Alert (1997), The Longest Nite (1998), Running out of Time (1999), Running Out of Time 2 (2001) and Mad Detective (2007). He has proven himself to be one of Hong Kong's most versatile actors, handling comedy roles with aplomb, as in La Brassiere (2001) and Three of a Kind (2003).

COMEDY!

ACTION!

DRAMA!!

Lau Ching-wan can do it all!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Lau Ching-Wan 劉青雲
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »
One of my favorite actors!
Same here, man. I've been a Lau-fan ever since I saw Big Bullet, which is such an underrated HK action classic. Dude's one of the most versatile actors in HK: he can play both comedic and badass roles convincingly. My favorite Lau flicks are Big Bullet & The Longest Nite but I gotta confess that I've missed a lot of his recent flicks.

Here's the trailer for his latest flick Poker King:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:40:58 AM »
totally homes, go watch "Running out of Time" and all his comedies with Louis Koo. Fucking hilarious shit, just ridiculous.

The movie "My Name is Fame" was practically his biopic, he's been in the shadow of the Chow Yun-Fats, Andy Laus, Simon Yams, Tony Leungs, and when they all jumped ship from TVB into movies, he made his name through hard work and talent, not movie star looks. Then he jumps into movies and does all the character roles (even some lame shit in Canada! Hence the name "Sean") until he finally breaks through with all those Johnnie To (FUCK Mad Detective is crazy) and comedies.

I been rewatching "Greed of Man" series he did on TVB. Some of the best acting EVER!! Him and Adam Cheng go at it hard. He becomes a bum "Why'd your son kill my father, granny!!!!"

MAN! I just remembered my encounter with him. It was at HMV Tsim Sha Tsui in Hong Kong, 2nd floor. He was at the classical / World Music section so it was the quietest section by himself!.... didn't wanna bother him :doh:

and he's all about the PEOPLE! Videos Posted by Wwf Hk
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=358327778859#&ref=mf
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:16:56 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
everyones getting the pink eye!!

Sean Lau and Other Actors Are Infected With Strange Eye Bacteria Together

Sean Lau and Elanne Kong's upcoming film "Perfect Fairytale" (完美童話) is currently filming in Thailand. However, a strange hospital incident happened on Tuesday this week. Most actors in the film including Sean Lau, Kenneth Low, Kelly Fu, Square (group), etc all went to the hospital ine one day for eye problem. Also, there are many reasons for the infection. Local doctors pointed out maybe it's because of irritation of UV light or bacteria infection. But director Danny Pang Fa blamed it on UV disinfection lamp.

Weather that day was 40 Celsius the highest. The crew was filming at a waste house on a barren mountain. Sean Lau, Kenneth Low, Kelly Fu, Anson Leung, and James and Gary @ Square took part in the filming. They were under the sun for almost the whole day. Then they had to go to a dissecting room at night to film another scene.

When they went back to hotel to rest after filming, some actors noticed their eyes suddenly turned swollen and teary. Then other people started to have similar symptoms, especially Gary@Square, he couldn't open his eyes because they were too swollen. Anson Leung decided to call the ambulance to the hospital and this incident alerted director Pang.

Pang described the situation: "I think it's because we were under the sun for too long, then at night the disinfection lamp was shining on them. The funniest thing was when they were on the way to the hospital, they called assistant director, trying to tell him to help out. But they didn't know actually the assistant director is infected, too. Fortunately I was in the car during filming so I'm fine. Then we all went to the hospital. After taking some medicine and put on some ointment, we were cured quickly." Asked whether he feels the films he filmed are "abnormal"? He said: "Can't be this abnormal!"

Sean informed he is fine, saying his eyes got better and joked the glasses he wore saved him: "Thank god the stylist required me to wear glasses, created another layer so it wasn't as serious as other people. I used eye drops and I'm fine already, thank you for everyone's concern."

As for Elanne, who avoided this eye infection, just arrived at Thailand that day. Yesterday she said: "Of course I'm worried! Sean is my idol, Anson is my friend, Square is my junior....I did ask them how are they doing one by one."

Asked whether she encountered any strange incident in Thailand? She said: "The first night when I just arrived, I was locked in the room! I wanted to open the door and leave, but I couldn't open it for 20 minutes. I was so scared that time. Finally I called the lobby and asked someone to come up to save me." Elanne said many supernatural incidents happened when she filmed "Child's Eye" (童言) earlier. Two of her colleagues were suspicious of encountering ghost. As a Christian, every time she go on a trip she would bring the Bible and cross for assurance.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Kay's Entertainment

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »
lol he was awesome with Stephen Chow on TVB. I wanna see them collabo in the movies

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
Kiki Sheung's wedding reception, TVB alumni wish her well

48 year old Kiki Sheung and her boyfriend (Lee Wai Sing) of 4 years got married today. The newly wedded couple is holding a 50 table wedding reception at a 5 star hotel in Wan Chai tonight. The bride Kiki will wear tradition wedding attire, a wedding dress and a evening dress at the reception. Coincidentally TVB is also holding a Can't Buy Me Love Big Reunion event tonight for the cast to watch the 2-hour grand finale with the audience, and at the same time do a 2 hour final series promotion. Good friend Charmaine Sheh and other cast members are forced to miss Kiki's wedding reception.

Started off at TVB, Kiki and famous stars that graduated the same year as her from TVB training class like Sean Lau and Carina Lau phoned the bride and congratulated her. They expressed that they have to attend the wedding party to celebrate with her, Sean even said he has to bring his wife Amy Kwok along too, Kiki was extremely touched. Kiki's TVB training class classmates including Sandra Ng, Margie Tsang, Michael Tao and TVB executives Catherine Tsang and Virgina Lok will attend as well. Some of Kiki's ATV good buddies also will be attending.

Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 09:13:44 AM »
OH WERD. I remember Margie aka Stephen Chow's gf in that Final Combat series.

Sean Lau clarifies Margie Tsang’s 28 year ‘misunderstanding’

Many of HK’S best actors and actresses graduated from TVB’s 12th Acting Class – for years, these artists have been able to shine on the acting stage. One of these ‘shining stars’ is HKFA Best Actor Sean Lau – even his former classmate, actress Margie Tsang, looks up to him with a sense of reverence and awe. So this time, as Margie bravely invites Sean for an interview, she is surprisingly able to ‘melt’ Sean’s usual ‘coolness’ and get him to talk candidly about certain ‘chapters’ of his life. In the process, Margie is able to ‘dissolve’ a misunderstanding that has lasted 28 years!

M = Margie Tsang
S = Sean Lau

Acting Class: Denies being ‘cool’, sits in a corner and laughs with others

In 1982, a group of youth applied to study in the 12th Acting Class at TVB – with a little bit of that childish innocence still in them, these young potential actors love to play but also love to laugh. Throughout the years, they’ve had their fair share of funny situations as well as misunderstandings….

M: I’ve always felt that you have a very ‘cool’ personality and immersed in your own world. Our group – including Sandra [Ng], Michael [Tao], myself, and a few others – would play around and get pretty wild, but yet you would always sit in a corner.

S: Huh? I don’t feel it’s that way! Perhaps it’s because I’m afraid to be around a lot of people – but I actually do laugh with you guys while sitting in my corner! Actually, in the past, I’ve had doubts about whether I’m a good fit with this industry. Back during the acting class days when I was poorest, I only had a dollar on me, yet I didn’t want to ask my family for money, so I had no choice but to walk to and from school and live off of cup of noodles. You’ve seen for yourself how I didn’t participate in a lot of the activities back during that time.

M: Oh, no wonder! Back in the day, we had a ‘rumor’ that circulated amongst our group that you only had 1 pair of jeans that you only washed once a week, so that’s why you were embarrassed to be around us!

S: No! I actually had 3 pairs – it’s just that they were all the same style!

M: The holes were in all the same places?

S: Yes, the same! Actually, all these years, I still like the same things – even right now, most of my jeans have holes in them!

M: Hahahaha! So we ‘misunderstood’ you for 28 years then! We didn’t know you were that loyal! Back in those days, we were a pretty harmonious group and hung out together from morning till night. There were definitely a lot of happy situations!

S: Yes! Actually, I feel that I was quite playful during that time – especially when we would get together to rehearse for the anniversary galas, it was a lot of fun!

M: So back then, which of the male artists did you feel would succeed?

S: Michael [Tao] was the most carefree, plus his acting was good – if you told him to cry, he could do so immediately! Lawrence [Ng] was the good-looking one, definitely perfect for the ‘melancholy scholar’ type roles.

Opportunities: Success in television and movie based on taking the initiative

Sean has a very low-key personality, yet it’s because of the 2 times when he took the initiative and was proactive that he gained unexpected results. The first time landed him in the television industry, and the second time allowed him to break into movies.

M: Back in the days, why did you decide to enter the acting class?

S: Actually, my dad was the one who told me to apply. After the interview, I didn’t hear back for a long time – I thought to myself that there’s no reason why I wouldn’t be accepted into the class, so I bravely called to ask about it. That’s when I found out that they lost my application – plus that day was the deadline, so I rushed over there with my dad and we made it just in time.

M: Wow, luckily you made that phone call – sometimes, things are just meant to be! So later on, how did you end up entering the film industry?

S: There wasn’t a particular reason, I just felt that it was the right time, but unfortunately, I didn’t have any connections in the film industry at the time. Later on, I met director Derek Yee and he told me about the script that he wrote for the movie "C’est La Vie, Mon Cheri". I immediately recommended myself for the movie, but he didn’t promise me anything – shortly after that, TV series "The Greed of Man" aired on TVB and when Derek saw it, he felt that I had potential, so he sought me out to collaborate in his movie.

M: Oh, so it sounds like you got pretty lucky…as soon as you open your mouth, you get good opportunities! So what is your opinion on the TV series made nowadays?

S: Primarily, technique and equipment has advanced a lot. Actually, I’ve been ‘chasing’ "No Regrets" recently, as I am a fan of Wayne Lai!

M: Back in our time, we actually collaborated in quite a few series. I remember when we were filming "The Grand Canal", there was one scene where you were trying to make me leave you because you didn’t want me to die with you – so manly!

S: You still feel so touched even now? You’re so silly!

M: Well, the character was likable, as it gave audiences the impression that you are a good man. By the way, I know a lot of people who really like you – since you’re not good-looking, perhaps they are attracted to your personality?

S: They probably just like the characters I play! Luckily, most of my roles have been favorable with audiences. Several years ago, the night I won the Best Actor award at HKFA, I heard a lot of applause from the audience, which surprised me a bit. I’ve ‘pretended’ to receive awards in movies, but when it’s the real thing, it’s definitely different! I was very touched! Afterwards, I was at the market and a husband/wife couple came up to me – they were crying and told me how happy they were for me. I was very surprised and moved!

Relationship: Tries to surprise his wife, but she always sees through it

Sean is rarely associated with any rumors or gossip – in fact, he and his wife Amy Kwok are known as a model couple in the entertainment industry. Sean admits that he is not romantic and on the occasion when he tries to ‘surprise’ his wife, she always manages to see through it.

M: That night, at Kiki’s wedding banquet, I saw the expression in Amy’s eyes when she looked at you – I could tell that she is so in love with you! Are you her idol?

S: (Laughing) Hahaha! Her eyes are like that, it always looks like she’s smiling! As for me, I have that mean look…but honestly, since I see her every day, I don’t notice anything special.

M: Have there been times when the two of you would get together and it seems like there is nothing to talk about?

S: Occasionally, but we’ve been married for more than 10 years already – after such a long time, it’s normal!

M: Have you ever wished that your wife wasn’t part of the industry?

S: Never thought about it. It’s her personal decision…to be honest though, she really has sacrificed a lot because of me.

M: How do you two celebrate during the holidays and such?

S: We don’t celebrate any holidays. Occasionally, on our wedding anniversary, we may have a little bit of celebration – I usually give her flowers.

M: What was your most romantic move?

S: None really, since it’s very hard to give Amy a surprise. I remember one time, the day before our wedding anniversary, right when I was about to go out, she asked me if I remembered to take the address with me. I asked her what address? She immediately handed me the business card to a flower shop – obviously, she saw right through it already. I guess the ‘biggest’ surprise would be giving her a ring or some jewelry for our anniversary.

M: Do you give all the money you earn to your wife?

S: I give it all to her to manage for me. I’m too lazy to read all those letters written in English – it’s too much hassle to look up each word in the dictionary.

M: You two have decided not to have any children?

S: Pretty much. Haven’t really thought about it much.

M: I agree. Pregnancy is already not an easy feat, but having to raise a child is even more difficult…it’s a lifetime commitment.

S: That’s why I just play with other people’s babies. Those parents actually envy how we still have our freedom!

Epilogue: Afraid of being tortured, so not used to granting interviews

Generally speaking, Sean Lau is a man of few words, yet this time around, when he recounts the ‘old days’, he talks non-stop. He explains the reason why he rarely accepts interviews: “It’s difficult to talk about the same feelings over and over again.” Upon hearing this, Margie felt so honored and excited that Sean decided to let her interview him, she kept ‘teasing’ him playfully, causing Sean to laugh and say to her: “I grant an interview and you torture me like this! Now you know why I don’t like to do interviews!” Old friends getting together to reminisce about the past, of course there will be endless topics to talk – and laugh – about!

Translation: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:14:48 AM »
NEW MOVIE!

Louis Koo, Sean Lau, Daniel Wu, Betty Wong and Michelle Ye attended the press conference for new film Overheard II in the film, Louis appears with grey hair and grows a beard, looking 'old'. The director and screenwriter Felix Chong joked that to fight against 3D Sex and Zen: Extreme Ecstasy, he added a bed scene for Sean and Betty. Sean said: "Not to worry, the director won't do excessive bed scenes, but will still be a very good watch." This time, Sean plays a stock speculator rich businessman. Daniel plays a retired soldier.

Although Louis is troubled by his foot injury, he still going to shoot the film. He said: "Because I can't run, I won't be able to shoot pursuit scenes, but I still insist on not using a substitute." He expresses that earlier when he was shooting a car scene, he carelessly crashed the car. "At the time I was turning and crashed, fortunately nothing happened to me or the car. Later I have a bomb explosion scene on the busy streets with Daniel. But if my condition isn't well, I will take a break for physical therapy." After completing Overheard II, Louis will immediately head to Shangri-la to shoot another film High Altitude Romance II with Sammi Cheng at the end of the month."

Michelle Ye and Louis play a married couple, but she gets betrayed by her husband Louis and goes to jail. Asked if in reality she had been betrayed by a boyfriend before? Michelle said: "I have been betrayed by my ex-boyfriend before, but many times because of work I was unsure, perhaps it was faithful to the relationship, but was betrayed in terms of work. So this script was written very well." Michelle smiled and said that in reality she will have to see how much she loves the person before she decides if she should return to him (reconcile with ex-boyfriend). She also expressed that earlier she was rehearsing with Louis, but because she got too much into it she couldn't stop crying.

Source: Mingpao
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

best duo in show biz :D

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »
watched Doctor Mack hilarious romcom from Tony Leung, co-starring Lau Ching Wan and featuring an ensemble cast of Christy Chung, Gigi Leung, and Andy Hui

Tony and Ching-Wan make a hilarious duo of sleazy doctor and undercover cop in the shady part of HK.

It's a pretty sentimental movie. Tony takes the fall for his buddy and ends up getting kicked out of medical school. While his friend goes on to become a celeb doctor, he goes to the seedy parts of Hong Kong to help the hookers and triads and locals. Going to old seniors with medicine and shit. Doctor Mack is truly THE PEOPLE'S DOCTOR!!

Many layers into this like Andy Hui's young impressionable student doctor wants to learn from Doctor Mack BUT DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT BEING A DOCTOR IS ALL ABOUT>?! Separate the emotion and all that kinda story. cuz deep down, Tony had to deal with the loss of the woman he loved to bone cancer, and keeps treating her sister whom Andy Hui falls for.

There's other story angles like Lau Ching-wan falling for the thinking man's hooker and he's too shy to ask her out and finds out that she happened to have her ovum removed by Doctor Mack, that's why they were close and Ching-wan's all "I don't care, I love you!"

Real feel good, sad moments kinda movie. GJ UFO. of course it helps with powerful actors.

last seen at the Vivian Chow cumback concert! good buddies since their TVB days:

source: http://news.sina.com.hk/news/16/1/1/2049369/1.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »
watched a few of his flicks lately.

"I've Got You, Babe!" from 1994 WAS LAME. Man I love Anita Yuen, but this was so fucking boring man.

and Wong Chi Wah is in it too, as guess what: a sleazebag

Anita so cute tho :heart:

the victim directed by Ringo Lam was FUCKED UP. Like he was supposed to be all possessed and shit, but quirky end with him going madman against the triad loan sharks that forced him to do crime.

acting so weird makes Tony Leung Ka Fai flip out lol

and of course his real wife has to act in it too cuz, she can't get a job. and her whiny voice makes me wanna :tama-mad:

THIS.

THE GREAT MAGICIAN. Gives you chills man. new flick with Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »
previews from Overheard 2 seen at Cannes!

Released this summer with Huang Yi, Michelle Yip, and Kenneth Tsang Kong.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:11:14 AM »
he was at the presser for "The Great Magician" with Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Think this is their first collabo since "The Longest Nite"

and don't forget the much anticpated Johnnie To re-collabo "Life Without Principle"

FUCK YEAH!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 02:19:16 AM »
CANT FUCK WIT HIM!!

Overheard 2 with all your favorite TVB actors lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:01 AM »
SHIT. keep on making sequels until no one cares lol

Louis Koo and Lau Ching Wan wait for another sequel

The Derek Yee Tung Sing produced, Louis Koo Tin Lok, Lau Ching Wan, Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) starred OVERHEARD 2 (SIT TING FUNG WON 2) already performed well in its first week of release in Hong Kong and the Mainland. It broke the 80 million mark at the Mainland box office and the 7 million mark in Hong Kong. As for OVERHEARD 3, director Felix Chong Man Keung still had no idea for the third film but definitely will make one.

Source: on.cc
Translated by: hktopten

on the horizon!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
Lau Ching Wan working with Myolie!!

Myolie Wu excited to attend her first movie event Venice Film Festival

Myolie Wu and Sean lau attended The 68th Venice Film Festival, where the film (Life Without Principle 夺命金) the two participated in was last to appear at the event representing the Chinese language films. Dressed in a white short skirt, Myolie showed off her legs and attended an event as a movie star for the first time. She felt particularly excited.

Sean Lau expressed he arrived in Venice a few days ago and toured Rome with his wife (Amy Kwok). Sean laughed: "Of course I hope to get an award, but if not I don't mind either."

Also, Myolie was dressed in glamorous clothing to attend the press conference to her new film with Johnnie To and Sean Lau. Johnnie said that in 2008 it suddenly came to him that he's going to shoot a movie without guns. At the time it was during a financial turmoil, which facilitated the idea.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

ah it's "Life without Principle" (see above) by Johnnie To with Denise Ho. see premiere video:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
Scenes from The Great Magician. CHING-WAN GANGSTA AS FUCK!!! him and Tony about to throw down!!

Here they are back in 1984, more gayer times in "Police Cadet" for TVB

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 08:49:32 AM »
^ speaking of 80s. How bout dis late 80s? 90s gem!

Lau Ching Wan reveals learning from Tony Leung Chiu Wai

THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) will be released next year. On November 10th, director Derek Yee Tung Sing, Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Lau Ching Wan attended a DREAMS COME TRUE exchange with 1,000 students at the Shanghai Fudan University. With the student's various strange questions, the trio often answered with humor. When asked how they would face the upcoming November 11 2011 "bachelor festival", Lau Ching Wan said, "If you like someone you should dare to say it, if you have a dream you have to dare to chase it!"

Ching Wan said that becoming an actor was hard for him to imagine. He said, "When I was little I dreamt about all kinds of characters. When I saw astronauts I wanted to become an astronaut, when I saw a scientist I wanted to become a scientist. Becoming an actor was somewhat surprising to me. Although in the first few years the acting was very rotten, as long as you are willing to work hard you definitely will reap the rewards." He even joked that back then he watched many Tony Leung Chiu Wai's film to "learn from" him. When lonely, Wai Jai enjoyed being alone while Ching Wan loved walking his dog. When Wai Jai was asked whether she would fall for his co-star, Wai Jai calmly answered, "As soon as the movie is done I have to come out. Nothing is absolutely though, more or less. Think about it!"

Source: Takungpao, Singtao, on.cc

Cant wait for Da Showdown!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »

new movie! 消失的子弹  Lost Bullets with Nic Tse

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 05:57:54 AM »

Yan Ni gets into bubble trouble

Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Zhou Xun and Yan Ni starred in THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI). The film in a humorous way stated that as long as you believe and persist, dreams could come true. In a movie shoot scene, Ching Wan's third concubine Yan Ni was in a bubble bath. Ching Wan directed for the first in the film.

At the director's chair Ching Wan had the director's power in the film. When asked when he would direct, Ching Wan humbly said that he did not have the talent for it. On the set, Yan Ni had a bubble bath scene. In the film a guy also took advantage of her in the bubble bath and her husband Ching Wan was steaming. Early in the shoot preparation in order to create the bubble effect the crew used a lot of soap. Yet because they used too much, Yan Ni almost drowned in the bubbles. Her call for help made the crew laugh as they rushed to save her from the bubbles. Ching Wan did not know whether to laugh or to cry. "THE GREAT MAGICIAN's set truly has crouching tiger hidden dragon, even the crew knew magic. I sat further away and saw more and more bubbles, in a flash they covered her."

Source: Takungpao, on.cc

Laugh every 3 minutes with The Great Magician

Director Derek Yee Tung Sing two nights ago led Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan and Zhou Xun to the Beijing premiere of THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI). At the premiere, Tsui Hark, Soi Cheang Po Shui, Andrew Lin Hoi and Terence Yin (Wan Chi Wai) came in support. Over the two hours, over 1,000 viewers laughed from the beginning to the end. After watching they all praised this film was truly for the entire family.

After the premiere, over 1,000 viewers from the community expressed their satisfaction as they often laughed and applauded; Some even counted that they laughed every three minutes or so. Viewers thought that GREAT on the foundation of entertainment would even be able to remain cultured without being rotten; Wai Jai's sorrowful mystery matched his Great Magician identity that was very handsome and humorous; Ching Wan as the villain warlord was extremely cute; Zhou Xun's performance was also very funny.

Source: Takungpao, on.cc

Lau Ching Wan gets lucky but still complains

THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) yesterday held a press conference in Beijing. Director Derek Yee Tung Sing and the cast including Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Zhou Xun, Yan Ni and others attended. Lau Ching Wan pointed out that in the film Leung Chiu Wai and Zhou Xun hit him and even forced him to recite a Putonghua tongue twister. Yee Tung Sing denied that and said that in the film he already put Lau Ching Wan in a romance with Zhou Xun, which was already considered a joy for him. He even arranged seven wives for him. Yet he never would have guessed that he still had complaints. Next time he would arrange seven men for him.

Leung Chiu Wai also said that his image in the film was too serious, thus he was extremely envious and Yan Nai and Wu Gang's comedic performances. Yee Tung Sing joked that Wai Jai in the film was responsible for being handsome with infinite charm. Yet Wai Jai was very glad to work with Yee Tung Sing and so many excellent actors. In addition it was a very happy comedy that left many beautiful memories in his life. In the future when he will recall this production he will laugh. Wai Jai even asked the director to save a spot for him in the sequel. Zhou Xun also stated that she was very honored to be able to work with two Best Actors and thanked the director for giving her the opportunity.

Wai Jai has been working on Wong Kar Wai's THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) for over two years. For the character Wai Jai has given a lot and was even injured on the production. His wife Carina Lau Ka Ling's heart could not have ached more as she blamed Wong Kar Wai. Wai Jai yesterday admitted that he would not work with Wong Kar Wai again for awhile. THE GREAT MAGICIAN director Yee Tung Sing revealed that Wai Jai once said that he would make five more movies then retire, but Wai Jai denied that.  "I hope that my entire life is in acting, to have work at every stage." Wai Jai said that he would like more chances to make comedies. As soon as he said that people were reminded that he did not want to work with Wong Kar Wai who rarely made comedy films. He said, "I just finished Wong Kar Wai's movie, both of us are very tired and need a long time to recover. Maybe it will be a long, long while before we work together again. No one should be too concerned about me working with him, for now we wouldn't."

Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi who Yee Tung Sing made into a star recently has been poison at the box office. Yee Tung Sing spoke on her behalf and hoped that the media would not treat this matter as a joke. He thought that Pak Chi should have someone around her to tell her the truth. "I don't know why she was in such a hurry to take so many roles, but I understand that she alone has to feed her entire family. Her poor box office doesn't mean that she doesn't know how to act. I don't dare to confirm that I will work with her again or not though."

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao, Singtao

Lau Ching Wan flirts in Malaysia

Lau Ching Wan earlier attended the film THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI)'s press conference in Malaysia. The last time Ching Wan promoted in Malaysia was already eight years ago. When Ching Wan arrived in Malay again, fans were very excited. The event invited top Malaysian champion magician to perform. Ching Wan joked that the magician was so amazing that he absolutely could not be near him, as he was afraid that he would be transported back to Hong Kong.

What did Ching Wan miss the most about Malaysia? Ching Wan said, "The weather, Hong Kong truly is cold. Today when I got off the plane I saw sunshine, which truly felt very comfortable." When he met with fans at the cinema, Ching Wan played character reenactment with fans. Ching Wan even played Zhou Xun's character and asked fans to try to make him smile. One of the participants was very nervous, as he was silent in front of his idol. Ching Wan immediately used a high octave tone and flirted with him, which made everyone laugh. Another female viewer sang a mountain song to Ching Wan to express her love. After the first verse Ching Wan was already cracking up. Ching Wan pointed out that this promotional trip was very pleasant, seeing how enthusiastic viewers were was very memorable.

Source: takungpao, Mingpao, Singtao, on.cc

Choose Zhou Xun's romantic destiny in The Great Magician?

The Emperor Motion Picture THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI)'s leads Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Zhou Xun, Yan Ni and Wu Gang wish everyone a Happy Year of the Dragon. They transform from their early Republic costumes into something more modern. In addition, Zhou Xun, Wai Jai and Ching Wan's love triangle has become the talk of the town as online polls appear to discuss where should Zhou Xun's love go.

Source: on.cc

Great Magician stills! :rofl:

so gangsta in this ELITE group of Asian Actors

giving some YOTD Greets:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong