Ok I said I wouldn't do this but holy shit, the program is so awesome to use that I got totally carried away.
I'm an oldschool player and I don't really like the new templates so I went with the good old ones, with one notable exception: The gradient effect normally used only with those new fancy "use either color" cards looks pretty fuckin' cool to me applied to the old style, so I used it with multicolor cards instead of the golden template.
I thought about how to approach this, and decided to build like an entire expansion with cards that work together, and make 'em sorta "semi-serious". As in, this set could be playable even mixed in with regular cards. There are exceptions of course, coz I wanted to make some joke cards as well lol.
So the original challenge, the current MM lineup:
I tried to stick to a few guidelines, namely:
- Every girl got a different color combination
- Every girl has the same casting cost
- I used some sort of strange logic derived from personality quirks and special skills I just wanted to give them for kicks
Some of the stuff is self-explanatory but I'll comment:
- Aichan and Risa have "leadership" skills that affect all idols, for obvious reasons
- I thought it was kind of amusing to give Aichan a skill called "Vigilance" (...), but it'll reflect the relentless stage "attack"
- Eri and Junjun have trample because well, you know, Thunder down there
- Eri's lightning bolt skill is obvious, the other skill is, uh, turtle shell or something lol
- Reina's abilities reflect her "Tsundere" personality or whatever you wanna call it
- Everyone at AX last year said Aika was awesome so she gets fluffy abilities. And that wota skill, well good luck with that xD
And there's more:
Haha fuck that's a lot. And there's more on the way, this shit is so easy and lots of fun. Some of these cards abide to some casting cost and color spell type rules and shit, and some are just random gags with not much thought put into gameplay mechanics. If you don't get something there's a good chance I'm just an idiot. Or that there's an inside joke. Or that I took a random picture and made stuff about it. But feel free to ask if you wanna know.
Oh right, there's one new ability I made called Devotion
, let's illustrate that with:
Ahh man I'm proud of that photoshop... that's what zigg really looks like, btw.
Expect more hipsters later. And wota hordes and scary shit like that.
like that thing about tapping Rika's behind when Miki comes up? What, do you like tap the card with your hand or what?
Tapping means turning the card sideways. When you tap a land for mana, attack with a creature, or just use some once-a-turn ability. You turn the tapped cards back (untap) at the beginning of your turn.
And it naturally works as a great double entendre with all the ass around.