JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Kouya No Ookami (Wolf in the Wilderness)

Author Topic: Cambodian MUSIC!  (Read 4556 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Cambodian MUSIC!
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »
Any Cambodian music fans? Or wanna learn more? Post here!

Cambodian pop music, or modern music, is divided into two categories: ramvong and ramkbach. Ramvong is slow dance music, while ramkbach is closely related to Thai folk music. In the province Siem Reap, a form of music called Kantrum has become popular; originating among the Khmer Surin in Thailand, kantrum is famous for Thai and Cambodian stars like Darkie.

Modern music is usually presented in Cambodian Karaoke VCDs, usually of an actor, actress or both making the actions, usually by mimicking the lyrics to the background song by moving their mouth as if they were actually singing the song. Noy Vannet and Lour Sarith are some of the modern singers who sing the songs for use with the Karaokes usually of the songs composed by Sin Sisamouth or others, in addition to the songs sung and composed by Sin Sisamouth himself.

and more! classical! traditonal!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
Re: Cambodian MUSIC!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:34:20 AM »
 CAMBODIA? ... :cokecat: OK

OK not exactly from Cambodia ^^

what about this
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:52:18 AM by shurastriker »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:43:59 AM »
Yeah baby. You know johnbobman is down with this!

Offline Popcorn Joe

• Fap Master Flex
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:02:00 AM »
sorry about the jump arounds. i didn't think the video i posted gave it justice. PM me if you want some links to names or want more khmai kid.

Offline Malachite

• 鏡の中のキモヲタ
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
I never thought I'd find myself listening to Cambodian pop but thanks to this thread I am. I actually like what I've heard of Dengue Fever.

Offline Popcorn Joe

• Fap Master Flex
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
I never thought I'd find myself listening to Cambodian pop but thanks to this thread I am. I actually like what I've heard of Dengue Fever.
they're really nice too. i approached them at a store back in march. kinda passive, but i can respect that, they were hella busy that weekend. if you ever get the chance, see them. you won't regret it.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Kouya No Ookami (Wolf in the Wilderness)