JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Burger Nuds - Fukanshou

Author Topic: [Movie] The Invincible 무적자 (2010) aka Korean "A Better Tomorrow"  (Read 4127 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
I comfess I wanna watch this movie so I can rip it.

Song Seung-hun pic "The Invincible" to open in Japan

Korean action picture "The Invincibles" will open in theaters in Japan early next year.

A press release from the movie's producer Fingerprint announced that the Song Seung-hun starrer has been sold to Japanese distributors Toei Company, Ltd. and TV Asahi and will hit Japan's big screen on February 19 next year.

The action picture has attracted over 1.5 million moviegoers in Korea, which amounts to 11.5 billion won, since opening in local theaters on September 16.

"The Invincibles" was also been invited to the upcoming Tokyo International Film Festival, which runs from October 23 to 31, and has been purchased by eight Asian countries including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore.

A Korean remake of the Hong Kong film "A Better Tomorrow," “The Invincibles,” feature a star-studded cast of Song, Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo and Jo Han-sun, about gangsters involved in the black market for arms trade.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010101314002458613

DON'T FUCK A CLASSICS!! JOHN WOO & CHOW YUN-FAT UNTOUCHABLE! It's like remaking Top Gun's beach volleyball scene, just oh so fucking wrong :catglare:

eta:

more info: http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_A_Better_Tomorrow.php

interview with John Woo, original director and producer for Invincible: http://www.hancinema.net/video.php?table=film&id=23703
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:34:05 PM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
so I watched this movie with an extreme bias in mind :lol: cuz fuck, it's like trying to repaint the Mona Lisa. Can't be done.

Instead they take a bunch of Korean badass genres and rework a retelling of ALL the A Better Tomorrows, even the spinoffs and wack sequels.

Like the Jungle scene, instead of being caught up in Vietnam like "Bullet in the Head"

they are in Thailand with a deal gone wrong which was "A Better Tomorrow III" which was supposed to be John Woo's but Ringo Lam went and did it first.

There's the iconic shootout scene where Chow gets revenge but then gets shot in the leg. I comfess this actually looks pretty badass.

Two pistol pumping  :pimp:

I mean, you can't get any manlier than Chow Yun-fat.

but hey. if John Woo is down with it. I'm cool with it.

Go cop it at The Asshole

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Burger Nuds - Fukanshou