JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - Racing People

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 485054 times)

Offline JapanCorner

Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1580 on: November 25, 2016, 11:57:29 AM »
[video] Underground IDOL Domination Vol.2 now onlinre!
3h20 -  Live & Interview
with
XYZ Party
Kitakaze Impact Choque !
愛夢GLTOKYO
Mugen Regina
poroporo Baroque
NEXT Girls Accident
C-Style
Parallel JAPAN
DEEP GIRL
Hauptharmonie
Screaming Sixties

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1581 on: December 06, 2016, 06:11:18 AM »
Yukueshirezu Tsurezure - Post Catastrophe music video

Offline JapanCorner

« Reply #1582 on: December 16, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »
絶叫する60度 - ULTIMATE Documentary
- Screaming Sixties like you never seen them yet

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1583 on: December 18, 2016, 11:06:14 PM »
New Chu☆Oh!Dolly

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1584 on: December 22, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
PV preview for Yamitsuki Company, one of my two favourite new idol groups this year (the other one already disbanded after a only few months...)

These lot look to have more lasting power with this fancy MV. They've already had a Nagoya one-man and have announced a Tokyo one-man in January. And another one in Nagoya in May.

Btw, Katsuki, who used to be in the group Camouflage, is in this group now. They are based out of some maid cafe in Nagoya, lol.

Chihiro

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1585 on: December 28, 2016, 02:07:39 AM »
New Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da music video . . .

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1586 on: December 29, 2016, 02:24:59 PM »
No official Wasuta thread?  :?

Anyway, new video. It's pretty good.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1587 on: December 31, 2016, 05:14:51 AM »
Another 1st gen will be graduating from Maplez.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1588 on: January 04, 2017, 07:09:17 AM »
New Brats.

Rei has changed. The melody of the chorus is really unique. Not the kind of thing you hear very often.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1589 on: January 04, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »

I take it this is the one who was caught selling off gifts fans gave her on auction websites?

Chihiro

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1590 on: January 04, 2017, 05:52:15 PM »
Honey Spice released a new single today entitled "Girls be ambitious":

They also made a PV for b-side "don't let me go"

There's actually a 6th member (Saki) who's on indefinite hiatus  :(

Here's a live version of the song when she's still around:

Oh, but in that vid Saori was missing because she was on hiatus for a while...

They are having lots of member issues at the moment... 2 of them are only a couple months old and Arika will graduate on the 1st of March after 4 and a half years in the group. She produces both them and UpRoach (their imouto unit group) now anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:06:37 AM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1591 on: January 07, 2017, 01:06:23 AM »
A friend recommended me this group called uijin, and I'm really liking the one song they have on youtube!

Chihiro

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1592 on: January 07, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
^^^^
Good stuff.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1593 on: January 08, 2017, 04:36:11 PM »
First song (and music video) by Broken By The Scream. I don't think they've even had their live debut yet - I think that's next week.

I really like it! Btw, one girl is from 969, who formed and disbanded last year, but are re-launching soon with new members.

Chihiro

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1594 on: January 09, 2017, 05:18:01 AM »

I take it this is the one who was caught selling off gifts fans gave her on auction websites?
Yes. However the graduation was already decided before that become known though.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1595 on: January 22, 2017, 02:18:22 AM »
There's a documentary film about idols and idol otaku going up at Sundance. Called "Tokyo Idols"

Here's a video and written interview with the director, who is a Japanese woman who left there at 26:

https://blog.womenandhollywood.com/sundance-2017-women-directors-meet-kyoko-miyake-tokyo-idols-4bce98d0ecf4#.t3bouds5c

The trailer for the film is rather less interesting than the above:

An article:

http://mashable.com/2017/01/21/sundance-tokyo-idols-review-superfans-pop-music-movies/

(I don't like the way it seems to only focus on Hiiragi Rio, rather than being broader, but maybe in the sense of the film it makes more sense to focus on one act, and one main otaku, will be interesting to watch it!)

Edit: Review: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/tokyo-idols-965983
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:43:33 PM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1596 on: January 29, 2017, 02:45:15 AM »

Kindan no Tasuketsu

It's a cover/homage to the ending scene below from Anno's "Love and Pop"

From what I can get from this http://www.qetic.jp/music/kindan-170127/233502/, they released an album in 2013 and did one concert before disappearing. 2nd live is scheduled for March 2017. Since Kindan no Tasuketsu is the name of all the people involved, I guess that's technically true since different combinations of the members have been active doing stuff.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1597 on: January 29, 2017, 10:55:02 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone cares about them, or maybe some people once did, but Tsuki to Taiyou are graduating their remaining 3 members on 1st April.

https://twitter.com/tsukitaiidol/status/822413392853880833

This group has been a mess for a while, I think they were on hiatus at one point, have had loads of members leave. Was kinda surprised they are still around.

They are still releasing their album "Tsuki to Taiyou" on Feb 5th, their first release since 2015's "2014", which shows you they haven't really been in the best of shape for years...
Two types, Tsuki and Taiyou, with 8 and 7 songs respectively, which covers all the songs they've ever had. These are new recordings though.

http://scube-e-online.com/items/58807fb11003150909000c4d
http://scube-e-online.com/items/5880802300d331506c000bbd

Ackey-P's other group "Kimi to Boku, Tokidoki Melancholic" also seem to be plodding along for years as well, with no releases, and members leaving. Last I saw them they had more members in their kenkyuusei group than the main group, lol.

Chihiro

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1598 on: January 29, 2017, 11:20:22 PM »
There's a documentary film about idols and idol otaku going up at Sundance. Called "Tokyo Idols"

Here's a video and written interview with the director, who is a Japanese woman who left there at 26:

https://blog.womenandhollywood.com/sundance-2017-women-directors-meet-kyoko-miyake-tokyo-idols-4bce98d0ecf4#.t3bouds5c

The trailer for the film is rather less interesting than the above:

An article:

http://mashable.com/2017/01/21/sundance-tokyo-idols-review-superfans-pop-music-movies/

(I don't like the way it seems to only focus on Hiiragi Rio, rather than being broader, but maybe in the sense of the film it makes more sense to focus on one act, and one main otaku, will be interesting to watch it!)

Edit: Review: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/tokyo-idols-965983

From the interview:

"W&H: What was the biggest challenge in making the film?
KM: The biggest challenge in making “Tokyo Idols” was to find the balance between the inside and outside perspectives. I wanted to take a critical look without judging or dismissing this culture. It was surprising how quickly my initial sense of creepiness went away."

Often hear variations of these comments when the perception of idol culture is  portrayed negatively as a matter of course, but upon actual examination, the image of the relationship between the performers and fans is seen in a more positive perspective.

Director Kyoko Miyake does seem to have captured the frailty of both the performers and the fans with her camera. Would like to see the film.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1599 on: January 30, 2017, 02:55:37 AM »
There are so many idols, it's not possible to focus on all of them properly even if it was just limited to Tokyo. Hopefully, her change in perception is conveyed in the film. The trailer does make it look pretty creepy but then again, what fandom isn't a bit excessive?

I think I saw Nanami outside Hibiya Park the day when all the ex-BiS groups had their tour finale last spring. Acted as interpreter for some American and French wota who got to take advantage of the free 2-shots she was doing to promote the group. Somehow, I got left out of getting one that day.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - Racing People