JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: JY - BOOGIE WOOGIE

Author Topic: [Discuss] Dating an AKB48 Girl  (Read 7808 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Discuss] Dating an AKB48 Girl
« on: October 09, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »
This post made me think:

>You will never be in this position

:(

What is you actually are in that position?

Let's assume you have the opportunity to date an AKB48 girl, would you, and what would be the implications?
- Would you secretly date her knowing you could ruin her career as an idol if anybody found out?
- Would you ask her to graduate before going public with your relationship?

- Is there a difference between senbatsu members or kenkyuusei? Would their status affect your decision? This can go both ways, for example:
Itano Tomomi: if she graduates she will still have a successful career as a model or whatever VS making her graduate will have that much more impact.
Matsumura Kaori (SKE KKS): she's getting 'old' and will probably never have a successful career as an idol VS you will take her dream away from her.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [Discuss] Dating an AKB48 Girl
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:56:26 PM »
If I would catch Mayu's attention, then her AKB career would be all over :mon nyah:

If I were in that position, it would ask some questions of them:

Are they happy with their career?
If no, then why not? Is it likely to be temporary unhappiness, leaving them with regrets if they act on too quickly?
If yes, then why would they risk ruining it?

Also, are they realistic about their career?
Acchan and other girls have pretty decent things going for them. They'd have to be tripping pretty hard to risk that.
Some of the girls will struggle to rise from the shadows, though. Would that leave them indifferent to their job and duties, in regards to you?

Difference in their own standing wouldn't matter. Potentially borking the life of any of them, from Acchan to Kana, would be a pretty ballsy endeavor.

im sure mayu will have a long successful career as a seiyuu or something

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »
If I were in that position, it would ask some questions of them:

But love is blind! You can't expect them to make a rational decision by asking them question like that.

You have to be the man and decide if you are willing to put them at risk... if so, to what extent?

Basically: do you love her so much that you must be together no matter what OR do you love her so much you are willing to let her go.  :panic:

Just playing devil's advocate atm  XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
But love is blind! You can't expect them to make a rational decision by asking them question like that.

You have to be the man and decide if you are willing to put them at risk... if so, to what extent?

If you can get so close to them, the answers will be obvious. Now, if you wanted to try and steer events one way or another, you could literally ask them those sorts of things, if you were so devious. But then you're a creeper and don't deserve a precious aidoru girlfriend.

Basically: do you love her so much that you must be together no matter what OR do you love her so much you are willing to let her go.  :panic:

I mean, if me and Yui were all lovey-dovey, and she was tired of the idol life, then it would be hard to stop her from ditching AKB for me :shy2:

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »
LOL at y'all thinking that they're thinking from a normal girl's POV
'cause AKB idols aren't :grin:
even if you ever manage to date them, you'll have to compete/share her with...e.g. Vincenzo the Italian male underwear model XD
since you'll just be one in her 'men stable' XD

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline TimeFire

• Mantis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Red Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »
It would all depend on who the idol is. If it was someone like Acchan then no way would I date her. She has way too much going on for her and I would not be willing to mess up her dream / life for myself. Also she would also probably be too busy to spend much time with me anyway.

Also, I would have to take in consideration what they think. This is their life, it is their gamble. They should have some say in the matter. If Mariko really wants to date you, well she is old enough and is wise enough to make good. well thought out decisions.

Then again if it was Mayu, Takamina, Miho, Sasshi or Suzuran, there is no way I could say no. Well at least not after they all turn 18.

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »
If I was lucky enough to catch the attention of one of my favourite AKB girls, then, as much as I might feel like a jerk for ruining their chances of staying with the group, I wouldn't be able to help myself but try my luck with them.

I'd probably say it was fair enough that we tried to keep things secret for perhaps the first couple of months and I'd just have to desperately hope that we didn't get caught.  But after that I'd most likely tell them that I'd rather they announced their graduation since the longer the relationship went on in secret, the more the chance of getting caught.

Sure it would be risking their career but much is risked in love.  And if I truly fell for them I wouldn't be able to help my heart.  And it would still be their choice.  If they really felt the same way they'd probably rather take a chance and give up their time in AKB.  And if they didn't then I'd just have to figure it was never meant to be (and then cry for weeks after :lol:)

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
Ok but what if say <insert AKB48 girl> traps you in her net/cage & say "You is mine now"; what would you say?  :grin:

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
Ok but what if say <insert AKB48 girl> traps you in her net/cage & say "You is mine now"; what would you say?  :grin:
I'd say 'command me mistress' XD

Offline TimeFire

• Mantis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Red Dragon
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 09:23:23 PM »

Well the combination of horrible grammar/ english and the fact I am in a cage with an AKB Girl in front of me, would undoubtable be a little scary. Especially if it is Sasshi or Yuko.

Then I would come to my senses, and thus (Hopefully) fun would commence.

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
I would only ever consider Tomomi Itano. Most of them aren't my type really.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
LOL at y'all thinking that they're thinking from a normal girl's POV
'cause AKB idols aren't :grin:

Yes, they are. OK, some of them have reached full blown celebrity status, which will change things. But in essence, a lot of the girls have the same hobbies, hopes and dreams like any teenage Japanese girl. A lot of them want to marry while they're still in their twenties and want to start a family, etc.

I'm convinced that girls like Mika Saeki, for example, live a completely normal life now.

Most of them aren't my type really.

250+ girls and most of them aren't your type?! Damn, you're even pickier than me  :lol:

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »
Hmm,there might be slightly more than I thought!  :lol: I thought it was only 48!

I don't know all of them.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 05:54:05 PM »
Yes, they are. OK, some of them have reached full blown celebrity status, which will change things. But in essence, a lot of the girls have the same hobbies, hopes and dreams like any teenage Japanese girl. A lot of them want to marry while they're still in their twenties and want to start a family, etc.

This. People are people, regardless of status or celebrity. Even famous / rich people wanna settle down someday, and that doesn't mean it has to be some super-pairing like Pitt/Jolie.

Just.. idols aren't allowed to settle down :doh:

Further, if you're dating someone (idol or anyone else), it wouldn't be very fun to keep it secret. You'd have to play it super safe in public (if go out together at all), be wary of malicious photographers and more. It would get to be a real drag after a while, I'm sure. And unless you have no ties with your family, it would be kinda sad to keep them out of the loop. Bringing even family into the fold might lead to problems, though, etc. I know I'd want to have Mayu meet the folks :sweatdrop:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
Hmm,there might be slightly more than I thought!  :lol: I thought it was only 48!
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »
So I guess the only way they can have a relationship that won't implicate their career is a compromise..called...lesbianism XD
And there're already 2 "ongoing couples", Yuuko & Haruna, and Sae & Sayaka
Don't believe me? Just wait till they come out of the closet :rofl:

Offline TimeFire

• Mantis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Red Dragon
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »
^ Really? There had got to be a hell lot more of them that are lesbians. Well either that or most of them are Bi-Sexual.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 11:32:46 PM »
Ok guys, let's keep this thread on topic. There's a whole subforum dedicated to pairings & all that fun stuff: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=132.0 :jphip:

250+ girls and most of them aren't your type?! Damn, you're even pickier than me  :lol:
Entirely possible, if maybe slightly odd or impractical :sweatdrop:

Quote from: BarrieV
Would you ask her to graduate before going public with your relationship?

This would be a helluva thing to ask, too. She would have to be obviously waiting for me to do so, as encouragement to call it quits on AKB.

Offline natme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 05:04:22 AM »
Why would it have to be a secret? Are they not allowed to date? I'm sorry if it is an obvious question, but I am very new.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 05:13:19 AM »
^ Correct; they are not allowed to date. It's a common rule for idols.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: JY - BOOGIE WOOGIE