JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - Contemporary Disease

Author Topic: Petals 7 - cheezy fake manga cover - 10/19/2012  (Read 12496 times)

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Petals 7 - cheezy fake manga cover - 10/19/2012
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
Hey!  I have an idea for a new story, and I thought it would be fun to have the readers help with the "casting"

The story revolves around an after school club for idol singing.  The goal of the club is to debut at the Shibuya Idol Theater (SIT) which is a pay for play venue so they must raise $250 first.

The club is started by a second year Junior High school student (leader).  She recruits three other girls during club day and then tracks down three more girls who initially reject her and convinces them to join.  So the group (as of yet unnamed) will have seven girls.

The story is planned to be heavy on fluff, pairings, and fan service.

Now, here's where you guys can help:  the casting.  Help me pick who plays which part.  They can be anyone past or present from UFA/H!P except for the Up-Up-Girls who will be running SIT.

The cast:

* The leader - sneaky, driven, and well trained.  Really bad at fashion, can be an ogre at times.

* The rebel - does not want to get involved originally because the leader has such a lame style.  Good natural singing talent but easily distracted.

* The tomboy - does not want to get involved originally because she wants to play sports.  Natural aptitude for dancing but untrained in singing.  Somewhat of a dummy.

* The loli - everyone thinks that she's too young to be going to the school.  Joins because the leader tells her that performing will give her confidence.  (The leader lies a lot.)  Somewhat naive.  Okay all around.

* The cutesy girl - tries to hide insecurities through an overuse of cutesy mannerisms and bragging a lot.  Untrained at singing and dancing.

* The Yamoto Nadeshiko - calm and sincere.  Some training in singing and dancing.  Quick learner.  Doesn't join at first because she doesn't see it as a dignified activity.

* The overacter - Some theater training.  Has good ideas but needs a filter.  Good singer and dancer.  Childhood friend of the leader.

Also open for discussion: who should be paired with who?

Also open for discussion: the group name that the club  tries to create.

Note: while some characters might look like they were designed for an obvious person, I am open to casting against type.

So the floor is open!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:11:03 AM by resop2 »

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
Re: Untitled so far - readers help pick the cast and pairings!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »
hmm
Reina: rebel (ofc) 
Eri: loli
Ai: Tomboy or Yamoto Nadeshiko
Sayumi: the cute one
Risa: overacter
and the rest may the other come up with

hmm i think want ReinAi and GakiKame (can`t find many Reinai or GakiKame fics anymore)

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:16:05 PM »
Leader : Ai (I can REALLY see Sayu as the sneaky type but the cutesy character got her name writen all over it.)
Rebel : Reina
Tomboy : Eri
Loli : Aika or Koharu
Cutesy : Sayu
Overacter : Risa

I would REALLY enjoy Tanakame! or ReinAi.
The only pairing im actually against is KameShige actually. *runs from Kameshige fans*

OH! almost forgot Yamoto Nadeshiko could be Ai, or maybe Junjun.
Tanakame!<3333 ReinAi<333 TanaGaki!<33 TakaGaki!<33 TanaShige!<33 AiSayu!<3 JunSayu!<33 SayuKoha!<3 AiEri<3

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
Well a few 'traditional' MM option here so I thought I'd at least give you an alternative.....

Leader: Riho (well maybe not the fashino and the ogre thing so much but still....)
Rebel: Miya (it does sort od suit Miya this role, plus make her older than Riho for added fun)
Tomboy: Maimi (she is the sports nut of H!P really, well one of them anyway, again older than Riho)
The Loli: Eripon (even though she is older than Riho in real life, this role sort of suits her)
Cutsey girl: Momo (do I need to explain?)
Yamoto Nadeshiko: Fuku-chan (has that calm and sincere personality)
Overactor: Zukki (well you could probably guess that right, also best friend thing works with Riho)

pairings:

Well Riho and Zukki as the leader and her loyal overacting best friend since childhood, what a romance that woul be especialy as it's like never the best friend who's secretly always liked you who ends up with the leader so I though it would be nice for a change......

and Eripon and Fuku-chan, well it's PonPon isn't it! I also like the idea of the Yamoto Nadeshiko ending up having a soft spot for the naive Loli.....

As for Miya and Maimi, well you could go two ways, with them having relationships out of the group(with Captain and Airi respectivly) where being part of the group could cause friction with the relationships or start because of being in the group, not sure which. Or you could but them in some sort of, what I am calling 'Rimance' coming from the fact they are 'rivals' to begin with....

as for Momo, well I like the idea of her havng a group of her own followers.....  :nervous

Not very good with names.... maybe Level 7 or Stage 7?  :? something like that

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
Doushiyo, what am I do to?  So many pairings!

Perhaps the only way to go here is to have for each character a "rival" character?  That would be the only way accommodate all the pairings:

leader: friend from a different club who was shocked that she started her own club rather than continuing the club she was in the previous year
rebel: girl who had recommended rebel for admission to her gang
tomboy: girl with a huge crush who wants the tomboy to stay with her in athletics
loli: taller girl with a bad style complex
Cutesy: some girl who used to shop with the cutesy girl
Yamoto Nadeshiko: stylish girl who YN likes
Overacter: best friend

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »
Okay: here is a first draft of the casting.  The (1) and (2) signify what year they are in the school.

Leader - Takahashi Ai (2)
   Rival - Maimi (2)
   Primary Love Intrest - Reina (1)
   Secondary Love Intrest - Risa (1)

Rebel - Tanaka Reina (1)
   Rival - Miyabi (2)
   Primary Love Interest - Ai (2)
   Secondary Love Interest - Eri (1)

Tomboy - Kamei Eri (1)
   Rival - Eripon (2)
   Primary Love Interest - Risa (1)
   Secondary Love Interest - Reina (1)

Loli - Riho (1)
   Rival - Masaki (1)
   Primary Love Intrest - Zukki (2)
   Secondary Love Intrest -

Cutesy - Sayumi (1)
   Rival - Momoko (1)
   Primary Love Intrest -
   Secondary Love Intrest -

YN - Mizupon (1)
   Rival - Yurina (2)
   Primary Love Interest - Eripon (2)
   Secondary Love Interest -

Overacter - Risa (1)
   Rival - Zukki (2)
   Primary Love Intrest - Kamei Eri (1)
   Secondary Love Intrest - Takahasi Ai (2)

Because there were so many pairings to try to cover, it was tough to find roles that everyone could play.

However, this is only the first draft.  The floor is open for swapping in and out people and adding love interests where there are none so far.

I did have an idea for a group name, feel free to cheer or boo: PE7ALS

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
Re: Untitled so far - casting first draft for review!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
Sayumi Primary Love Interest .. (Are we going with the people ONLY on the casting?)
Because if not
PLI : Junjun.
SLI : Koharu.
Or switch them...
Riho
SLI : Mizupon

Mizupon
SLI : Sayumi (i read somewhere they were pretty close.... lol)

Plus.. What does Primary love interest/ Secondary love interest mean? Like do they go with the people whos Primary or just want to be with them MORE than the secondary (hence them being called secondary.) ???

PE7ALS lol im alittle unsure, does it have a significant meaning?
Tanakame!<3333 ReinAi<333 TanaGaki!<33 TakaGaki!<33 TanaShige!<33 AiSayu!<3 JunSayu!<33 SayuKoha!<3 AiEri<3

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
Sayumi Primary Love Interest .. (Are we going with the people ONLY on the casting?)
Because if not
PLI : Junjun.
SLI : Koharu.
Or switch them...
Riho
SLI : Mizupon

Mizupon
SLI : Sayumi (i read somewhere they were pretty close.... lol)

Plus.. What does Primary love interest/ Secondary love interest mean? Like do they go with the people whos Primary or just want to be with them MORE than the secondary (hence them being called secondary.) ???

PE7ALS lol im alittle unsure, does it have a significant meaning?

I think primary/secondary means that secondary is the one that they start off with and primary is the one the wind up with, unless they are going for the "Harem Ending" and want to be with both.  Primary and secondary interests do not rule out "rimance" (interest in their rivals).

PE7ALS is 1337-speak for petals, trying to give it a flower theme.

Sayumi/Mizupon sounds like a natural fit and should probably start off being mutual.  Since Yurina is not paired with anyone other than being Mizuki's rival, she could be swapped for Jun Jun without any issues.

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Well, yeah if you swap them and the name is fine, I say ok to everything..!!!  :thumbsup 8)
Are you sure its good with all the pairings.
Primary that is... (seeing as though Eri may not primarily be with Reina :mon misch:) lol! Sorry im a big Tanakame biased person :nervous but still, I do like the pairings i havent really gave Gakikame a try but i do also love ReinAi so this could be something new...

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Pe7als - coming soon!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »
Just a quick update:

Pen has been put to paper and the first arc - after school club day - has been started.  However, it might take a while to complete because of the sprawling nature of the story, and because I would like to finish the first arc before serializing it.

There are some details that I am unsure of so far:

Takahashi Ai - Glasses or no Glasses?

Niigaki Risa - Bangs or pigtails and wide forehead?

Yajima Maimi - Curly or straight hair?

Suzuki Kanon - Randomly does strange poses or not?

What do you guys think?

Flean

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
prefer with glasses...  :glasses:

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 09:01:16 PM »
suzuki kanon does strange poses at random times XD

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 09:44:53 PM »

Um I like the idea of her with glasses but, i imagine her more without so its hard.. But what the hay WITH them! xD

Niigaki Risa - Bangs or pigtails and wide forehead?

Bangs!! :) or her with her hair pushed back and no pigtails.. i was never really a fan of the pigtails.

Yajima Maimi - Curly or straight hair?

Ahhh~ This is hard.. um. Straight hair!

Suzuki Kanon - Randomly does strange poses or not?

Not >.<

Thats My opinion though xD

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Petals 7 - coming soon!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
Big news!

Petals 7 (pe7als) will debut on Thursday with a huge first chapter!

But, if you can't wait, there is a preview in the new Hello!Hello!Project Fanfiction podcast where myself, Junky and Kawaii Beam perform the first couple of pages of story.

Click here for the first part of the sixth Podcast

Click here for the second part of the sixth Podcast

Click here for the third part of the sixth Podcast

The fic is around the beginning of part 3.

Also, after the premiere, I have some NEW questions on where to take the story.  Please look forward to it.

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Petals 7 - Coming Thursday!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
^

cool really looking forward to this first chapter!  :w00t:

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Petals 7 - Coming Thursday!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

Petals 7 - Chapter 1 - Club sign up day.

Takahashi Ai neatly rearranges the papers on her rather bare looking table.  All right!  I am now a second year student, this year I'm running the show.  The world is playing by my rules now.  I'm the one in charge.

Ai looks over at some of the other tables in the Junior High School courtyard and nervously adjusts her stylish glasses.  Rats, and also I have to take responsibility for not creating a fancy looking table.  Well, it's the message that counts, not what the table looks like.

"So, you are really doing this.  I thought that you were just joking."

Ai looks up at Yajima Maimi who stands in front of her table.  "No joke.  I got approval from the teachers."

"I don't want to jinx you or anything, but the dance club will be happy to take you back if your new club doesn't take off."

"Maimi, you might be a better dancer than me, but don't underestimate my resolve.  My club will succeed."

"I don't.  I know your determination quite well.  That's why we want you back.  But, if this is your dream, then we'll just have to replace you with some of the bright young first year students."

Ai's eye's narrow.  "If I don't sign them up for my club first."

Maimi leans in to stare in Ai's face.  "Well then, I will consider you my rival now."

Ai blushes.  That's ironic.  For a whole year I worked my ass off trying to keep up with Maimi and she barely acknowledged my presence.  I quit her club and now I am her rival.  But, there is a downside to this.  Maimi is persuasive and charismatic.  I might lose some good prospects to her.  "One doesn't climb to the top of the mountain by just stepping on pebbles.  I am happy to have you as a rival."

Maimi flips her long straight hair out of her face.  "Let the games begin."  Maimi turns around and walks back to her table.

Ai gulps.  If any of the prospects like girls with sexy butts, I might just lose to her.  It's not a wonder that last school year this girl got confession letters nearly every day in her locker.

"Ai-kun!  You're not with the dance club now?"

"Hi Kanon-kun.  I'm not.  I'm starting my own club.  Here check it out."  Ai hands Suzuki Kanon a flyer.

"Amazing!  But, if this doesn't work out, you know that I can always use you.  And, I can guarantee that you would get on stage."

Ai smiles.  "Thanks.  Since I do admire what you accomplished last year your words means a lot.  But, somehow I don't think that I am cut out for stage plays."

Kanon gives Ai a serious look.  "But, what you guys are doing is unprecedented and very difficult.  If you guys need help, don't hesitate to ask."

"Help?"

"Don't you think that there is an acting element to what your club is trying to do?"

Ai's eyes glaze over. Darn it!  I never thought of that.

"Don't be afraid to ask.  I will support you.  After all, we're classmates!"

"Thanks.  I might have to."

---

Niigaki Risa walks through the falling sakura petals and adjusts her large round glasses.  Yes!  I am finally here at Saint Harmony Junior High School.  Now, it's time for me to find myself.

Risa walks into the school courtyard.  There are dozens of tables set up each advertising a school club.

Oh my god!  "Ai-sempai!  I'm here!"

"Geeze, we live in the same apartment building.  You don't have to call me sempai."

"But, I want to call you sempai, sempai.  But, why are you not with the dance club?"

"I have started my own club.  Here's a flier.  You should consider joining."

Risa looks at the flier.  "What?  No way!  No way!  No way!   How can you even think I can do this?"

Ai smiles a sneaky smile.  "Well, if you think of me as your sempai, then listen to what your sempai has to say.  I don't think you can do it.  I know that you can do it."

"But, me, a singing idol?  Shouldn't I be gorgeous and sexy and stuff like that?"

Ai looks over Risa.  Although she's skinny and somewhat flat chested, her body still is kind of appealing.  Risa really does sell herself sort.  She would be pretty attractive if she let her hair grow out from that bowl cut and wore contacts.  But, still, we can use a meganekko.  "That's not true.  The only real requirement to be able to make people like you and want to root for you."

"But singing and dancing in front of other people?  What if I screw up?"

"If you never screwed up why would anyone root for you to get better?  Besides, I can teach you the singing and dancing stuff."

"Do you really think I can do this?"

Ai nods.  Ai motions for Risa to stay still and Ai walks over the the main stage and grabs an extra chair.  "Sit right here and back me up.  You don't have to say anything that you don't know anything about.  Just tell people that you know me really well and you know that I am reliable."

Risa nods.  "Well, that's certainly true.  But, shouldn't I at least visit the other tables?"

"Sure, but hurry back.  The group needs you right here."

Risa starts exploring.

"Risa-chan!  Over here!"

Risa walks over to a brightly decorated table.  "Kanon-sempai?"

"You remember me!  I am so glad.  I was very moved last year after the school play when you remarked that I was a great director."

"That play was amazing.  I was just stating the obvious."

"And, you came to our workshop during spring break."

"It sounded like fun."

"So, have you found a club yet?"

"I think I may have been drafted into one.  But, I don't think I can do it."

"Ai-kun's club?"

Risa nods.

"You can.  And, if you have any problems, I have already promised Ai-kun to help in any way that I can."

Risa looks dazed.  "Kanon-sempai."

"And, I already taught you how to do a preying mantis imitation."  Kanon makes a random looking face.

A tumbleweed rolls by.

"But, don't forget that you also have a home here."

"No way!"

"Honestly.  After the workshop I was hoping that you would join my club."  Kanon whispers in Risa's ear.  "I need a rival, you know."

Risa's glasses steam up.  Oh my god.  What am I to do?  I would do anything for Ai-sempai but Kanon-sempai is the most amazing looking girl I have ever seen.

"But, don't worry.  I'm sure we'll work together soon.  Please be a good kouhai for my classmate Ai-kun."

"Yes, Kanon-sempai."

Kanon pats Risa on the head.  "Now, there are plenty of other tables you should visit.  They are all your sempai's and I'm sure they all have important advice to give you."

"Okay."

---

"I don't know why you're dragging me to this crappy event."

Eri adjusts her square rimmed glasses.  "Reina, just humor me on this.  If you don't see anything that you like, you can always do your 'go-home club' thing."

Only I wouldn't be going home.  "Okay, let's get this over with."

"Hey, if you don't like it, don't accept my wagers at basketball."

"Yeah, yeah."

Eri and Reina enter the courtyard and split up.  Eri goes over to Ai's table.  "So, what do we have here?"

Ai looks at Eri in astonishment.  "Excuse me, are you supposed to be here?  This is a girl's school."

Eri looks startled, then takes assessment of her outfit.  Maybe she's right, maybe this wasn't a good way to make a first impression.  "Sorry, my school uniform is in the wash.  But, I am a girl."

Ai checks her out more closely.  So she is.  Not a bad one either.  "I'm the one who should be sorry.  It's obvious that you're a girl.  And, I think your look would work well for this club."

Eri looks at the flier with a blank look.  "An idol?  Seems kind of unlikely.  I play sports after school."

"Any team?"

"No, just basketball games in the park."

"Well, if you change your mind, the offer will still be open."

Eri bows slightly.  "Thank you for your continuing support."

Eri continues looking at the clubs.

"Eri-Kun!"

"Eripon!"  Eri waves to her former main rival on the basketball courts, Ikuta Erina.  "I'm happy you remember me.  So, has Junior High School ruined your basketball game?"

Eripon shakes her head.  "I wasn't that good to begin with.  Ten minutes playing with varsity players convinced me of that.  But, last year I found a new home."  Eripon waves grandly to her table.

"Majorette?  Someone who dances while the athletes play?"

"Majorettes have their own competitions.  They're really quite exciting."

"I'm not sure it's for me, but thanks nonetheless."

"Disappointing.  I was hoping to be your rival in a new area."  Eripon winks.

Reina moves from table to table trying not to make eye contact.  Okay, I'm almost finished looking at all these stupid clubs.  Then I can honestly say that I fulfilled my bet.

This is interesting, everyone else's school uniform is only one inch above the knee, while this one's skirt just barely covers her butt.  "My, my.  You seem to have a strong style.  Perhaps you would be interested in this club?"

Caught!  Oh well, I'll humor her, just to be polite.  "And, what does your club do?"

Ai-chan hands Reina a flier.  "It's a club that is trying to put together an idol group.  My name is Takahashi Ai, by the way."

Reina bows.  "Tanaka Reina."  You have got to be kidding me.  "But, sempai, I'm not sure that you are serious about your club."

"What?"

"What sort of idol has a frog doll hanging from her cell phone?  That went out of fashion over a year ago."

Ai-chan involuntarily hides her phone.

"Besides, being an idol doesn't concern me.  Thank you for your time."  Reina walks off.

"Ai-sempai, are you all right?"

Ai-chan notices that Risa has returned to her table.  "I'm okay.  Do you know that girl who was just here, Tanaka Reina?"

"Yes, but I would take anything she says too seriously.  She has a terrible reputation for insulting teachers."

"Is that so?  Are her insults in general truthful?"

"I guess so.  They're usually what everyone else wants to say but are too scared to."

"Are frogs hanging from cell phones out of fashion?"

Risa makes a horrified face.

"Okay, I get it.  You don't have to answer."

Risa looks relieved.

"What about that boy over there?"

Risa giggles.  "Eri-chan?  She seems pretty level-headed.  She plays basketball a lot, but usually stays out of trouble, unlike Reina.  I've heard that Reina hangs out at the mall with some of the older troublemakers.  But, don't tell her that I said that."

"Interesting."  Ai strokes her chin.

"No way!  You're not thinking that they should join our club?"

Ai smiles.  "I am."

"But, but, but, I'm sure they turned you down."

"They did."

"Shouldn't that tell you to stay away from them?"

"It should, but it doesn't."

"Sempai, I don't understand how your mind works at all."

"Don't worry.  Just trust me.  I know what I am doing."

---

Reina and Eri exit the courtyard area.

"Did you see any clubs that interested you?"

Reina smirks.  "Did you see that girl who thinks she is starting an idol singing club?  What crappy style she had!"

"I didn't notice any fashion mistakes."

"Well, miss pants wearer, You never notice any fashion mistakes.  But, you're not considering that club, are you?"

"Not me."

"Um, excuse me, did you guys say there was an idol singing club?"

Reina tries to ignore the interruption.

"Sayumi-kun.  You look genki as usual."

"But, of course.  I looked in the mirror today and I was still cute."

Reina rolls her eyes.  Is this the same girl I used to play basketball with last year?  Her new "cute" gimmick is so not cool.  "Actually, there is a idol group club.  I'll bet you'll fit right in."

"Oh my god!  I hope they'll want me."  Sayumi races off to the courtyard.

"I couldn't tell if you were being mean or being nice."

Reina looks at Sayumi's enthusiasm with a look of wonder.  "I'm no longer sure."

Michishige Sayumi runs around until she finds the right table.  Oh, no.  It's her!

"Well, of course I would have to be the leader.  After all once people see how cute I am, no other possibility would exist.  Do you think the group could have a cat-girl theme?  I think that's how I look the cutest..."

Oh, great.  Tsugunaga Momoko also wants in on this club.  How disgusting.

"Excuse me miss, are you interested in this club?"  Ai waves Risa over to keep Momoko occupied.

"Well, yes, I am but ..."  Sayumi points out Momoko with her eyes.

Ai whispers in Sayumi's ear.  "Don't worry about her.  We really need people who are cute as opposed to people who merely say that they're cute."

"Sempai ..."

"Takahashi Ai is my name."

"I'm Michishige Sayumi."

"Don't worry.  I'll try to get rid of that other one."

Sayumi looks euphoric.

"So, I think that everyone in the group should do this pose, because I think it's cute.  Don't you think it's cute, Risa-kun?  Of course you do..."

Ai taps Momoko on the shoulder.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, miss.  It's obvious that your idol power is so great that you would outgrow this group and go solo before we made our debut leaving the rest of the group in disarray.  Perhaps you should try another club that could better use your star potential?"

Momoko looks at Ai with sympathy.  "I guess it can't be helped.  But, when I become a star I will still remember you guys!"  Momoko walks off.

"You are truly wise, Ai-sempai.  I have been trying to tell Momo-kun for months that she wasn't cute in any way shape or form, but for some reason she thinks that I am her rival."

Ai smirks.  "If you want to get rid of someone, then agree with them."

"Amazing!  I never would have thought of that."

"So, Risa-kun, do you approve of our new member?"

"Ai-sempai, do we really want to nauseate our audience?"

"How mean!"

"Risa, Risa.  We want people who have personalities that are larger than life.  We don't have to like their gimmick to appreciate them."

"You're both mean.  I am really cute.  It's not a gimmick.  Can't you guys tell?"

"Sayumi-chan, of course you are.  And, I'm sure that you make other people jealous, that's all."

"No way!"

Ai motions for Risa to calm down.  "But, I'm sure that you'll be able to help the other members of the club find their inner cuteness."

"Really?"

"Yes, I will put you in charge of cuteness.  But, that is, only if you think you can handle the responsibility."

Sayumi nods, beaming.

---

Fukamura Mizuki walks from table to table.  Oh, what am I to do?  There are so many interesting clubs here.

"Fuka-chan!"

"Jun Jun Sempai!  How are you today?"

"Tired from all this non-stop promoting, but happy that so many people have signed up for the flower arranging club."

Mizuki admires the flower arrangement on the club's table.  "This is very cute."

"Thanks, I wanted something that would draw people in.  I think that one can really express oneself doing flower arranging."

Mizuki smells the arrangement.  "This is very cool."

"So may I sign you up?"

"But, every other table has asked me to join as well.  Why don't I just take a flier and decide later?"

"Okay, but don't disappoint me.  I'll pout!  I'll stamp my foot in frustration!"

"I'll do my best."

Mizuki walks off lost in thought, holding at least a dozen fliers.  Why does everyone want me to join?

Boink!

Mizuki turns to see who threw a crumpled up piece of paper at her.  "Yajima-sempai.  Do you want to talk with me?"

Maimi gives Mizuki a seductive look.  "Yajima-sempai?  I'm hurt.  After all the years I helped walk you to school?"

"That's what makes you my sempai."

"But, we're no longer in elementary school.  You may call me Maimi if you like."

Mizuki blushes purple.  Okay, get a hold of yourself.  You know that she's just buttering me up to get me to join her club.  "That's a huge honor, Maimi."

"Have you decided on a club yet?  I think that you would be perfect for the dance club."

Bingo.  "But, I have offers from so many other clubs.  Maybe I could take your flier and decide later?"

"Sure, but," Maimi switches to a sexy voice, "don't make me wait too long."

Mizuki takes the flier.  What am I to do?

"Mizu-chan!"

"Oh, Sayumi.  You look happy."

"Why yes I am.  I found a club that I am really happy with."

Oh god, what could this be, the "we're cute" club?  "And, which one is this?"

"Oh, well, let Takahashi-sempai give you the pitch."

Ai walks over to Mizuki and bows.  Oh my god!  Look at this girl.  She's so beautiful she looks like she belongs in a period drama.  "My name is Takahashi Ai.  I've started a new club this year, a club that is looking to create an idol group and have it debut."

Mizuki's eyes glaze over.  "Well, I'm sure that must involve a lot of support people, like makeup and promoters.  Right?"

Ai looks at Mizuki in a strange way.  "I'm sure all the members of the group would have to pitch in like that.  You know, like a team."

"You don't think I could be an idol?"  Mizuki now has a deer in the headlights look.

Ai backs off.  "Well, you don't have to decide now.  Why don't you take a flier."

Mizuki nervously nods.

Ai gives her a flier.  "We'll talk again, hopefully when a dozen other upperclassmen aren't also trying to talk to you at the same time."

"Thanks."  Mizuki walks off.

After Mizuki is out of earshot.  "Thank goodness."

Ai gets in Sayumi's face.  "What's your problem?"

"She would take the cuteness thing from me."

Ai giggles.  "Sayumi, don't be afraid to be challenged.  This club is not about playing it safe."

Sayumi pouts.

"Excuse me?"

Ai turns around.  "Hello there.  Are you looking for your big sister?"

The girl gives Ai a dirty look.  "I am not looking for an older sister.  I will have you know that I am now going to this school."

Ai blushes from embarrassment.  "Sorry.  A fine club leader I am turning out to be.  I keep insulting potential members."

"Riho!  Sempai, this is Sayashi Riho.  She is unbeaten in Karaoke challenges."

"Hi, Sayu-chan."

"Sayashi-san, my name is Takahashi Ai.  I'm running a new club."

"You're not in the dance club?"

"Not any more."

"You were really good at the Winter recital."

"Why, thanks.  But, instead of the Dance Club, this year I have started a new club, a club to put together an idol group."

"So, why is Sayumi with you?"

"Riho, you jerk!"

Ai gives Sayumi a dirty look.  "Well, I think that Sayumi has a lot of potential."

"Okay, sign me up."

"What?"

"Someone is going to have to save Sayumi from her two left feet."

Ai thinks for a minute.  "Risa, what do you think of Riho?"

"I think I might as well go home.  I'll never be able to keep up with her."

"I'll tell you what Riho.  I'll let you join on one condition."

"What's that?"

"That you understand that this is a team.  And, teammates look out for one another.  Our goal is for everyone to stand out, not just one person."

"So, you want me to help coach so that these guys can catch up with my singing and dancing?"

Ai sighs.  "Actually, there's really no need for you to be a superstar singer or dancer nor a need to make everyone else one either.  You won't need to do much to get the fans to root for you because you look young."

"Disgusting.  It sounds like you want me in the group because I look like a loli."

"Isn't it better that I am telling you this now?"

Riho pouts.  "Well, maybe it is."

"Good.  We do need you on board.  A good idol group should have something for everyone."

Riho smiles.  "Well, with four people we should be able to cover that, right?"

"Wrong.  Because there are so many types out there, we'll need at least seven."

Risa mopes.  "Were are we going to get three more members?  Everyone else has turned us down."

"Well, that's going to be the club's first activity: rounding out the team.  Friday night we will have a planning session at the Karaoke club.  It will be lots of goofiness, lots of junk food, and lots of fun.  Can everyone make it?"

"Hai!"

To be continued.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:02:37 AM by resop2 »

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
Re: Petals 7 - chapter 1 - Club Sign Up Day!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 11:42:36 PM »
"I'm sorry, miss.  It's obvious that your idol power is so great that you would outgrow this group and go solo before we made our debut leaving the rest of the group in disarray.  Perhaps you should try another club that could better use your star potential?"

:rofl: :lol: there's NO WAY Momo is believing that lmao  XD

Momoko looks at Ai with sympathy.  "I guess it can't be helped.  But, when I become a star I will still remember you guys!"  Momoko walks off.

EHHH  :shocked: :shocked
S-She actually bought it, Amazing lol

Kanon as Risa's sempai lol craaazy!

And Ai is so sneaky lol,
I love the Tanakame duo. they just seem like they have alot of sarcastic moments together? lol idk why i think this but i do. And i was sitting there thinking Join the club you two! (Do they join in the future or no?) :)

I cant wait for the next chapter~ :twothumbs

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Petals 7 - chapter 1 - Club Sign Up Day!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
interesting opening to this fic, seems like t's going to be a good one! Nice to know I may have had a little bit of input into the story too!  :nervous

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Petals 7 - New poll! Your input needed!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »
Time to play the game again!

In the second chapter, during the karaoke party, Ai will give out assignments.  Ai will pick a three girls (could include herself) to go out and recruit the three girls who got away.  Each chaser gets one prey.

Potential Chasers: Ai, Sayumi, Riho, Risa

Prey: Mizuki, Reina, Eri

The question:

Who recruits who?  And, do they succeed?

Note: While pairing-wise it would make sense to go with Risa/Eri and Ai/Reina, it is still early in the story and there is plenty of time for the pairings to grow without shoe horning them into the second chapter.

Offline Sora-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kawaii deshou?
Re: Petals 7 - New poll! Your input needed!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »
I think Ai should recruit Reina,
Gaki recruits Eri
and Riho try to recruit Mizuki (but fails)
Sayu can try to also get Reina since it seems outta the three of them
Reina would be the toughest target to get. So she may need more than one person trying to persuade her into it.

As for FUTURE comments .. Gakikame and ReinAi huh .... I really like ReinAi and I'll learn to enjoy Gakikame alittle more haha. (Thats IF this are even the final couples in the end.)

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - Contemporary Disease