JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Zazen Boys - Kimochi

Author Topic: Jack's Tales from A Wota: "Steel Heart" [12.22]  (Read 9071 times)

Offline atlowjack

• Wota + Otaku = Wotaku~
Jack's Tales from A Wota: "Steel Heart" [12.22]
« on: November 12, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »
Hello and thank you for taking the time to come into this little old forum by me - Atlow JACK. Call me Jack! 
I am female. This is my first time making fanfiction actually. I love AKB48 <3
Oshimen: A tie between Watanabe Mayu (who ranks just a little bit higher but...) and Matsui Rena.
OTPS: Mayuki, RenaYuki, Kojiyuu, MariMii, AtsuMina, SaeYaka, SaeYuka, SasshiRie, TomoTomo

Sorry I just wanted to introduce myself! This here will be the table of contents for future fiction!

よろしくおねがいします!!!

Table of Contents

Steel Heart

A Little Bit Of Everything [DISCONTINUED... for now...]

ONE SHOTS
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:47:07 AM by atlowjack »

Offline atlowjack

• Wota + Otaku = Wotaku~
Re: Jack's Tales from A Wota. "A Little Bit Of Everything" [11.11.11]
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »
A Little Bit of Everything

Chapter 1: A Little Bit of History

Students played music, some of the known hagglers called out crazy prices for their "merchandise," groups of girls started fights with other groups of girls, some even were cooking food over inflamed trash bins, runners - the term coined for errand girls - quickly made their way back to the group they served before they ran off to finish any errands that they might have missed; everyone was far too wrapped up in their own business paying no mind to those around them.

Getting from one fight to another as quickly as possible, being the first to land a punch, being the "best" while under-cutting your competitors - that was what it meant to succeed in this all girls Yankee school. You needed to be strong. Smart. Powerful. You needed to be... the best of the best.

That's what Majisuka Gakuen was all about.

It was one of the few Yankee schools that was feared throughout the city. The most feared group within this school? Rappappa.

But enough about that for now.

The gates opened with sounds of aging rust to greet her. The winds rasped her jacket urging it to reveal her uniform to its beastly roars. As she made her way towards the school building, a sudden rush of silence spread like wildfire across all the groups present. Whatever they were doing was quickly put on hold as their eyes followed the lone figure heading into the school.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The sound of her heels marking its presence through graffiti covered corridors. Girls began to line up against the walls in order to avoid being in her way. Any eye contact was forbidden unless whoever conducted it wanted to fly through the window - bloodied and bruised. Though the sounds of their whispers echoed as she passed. All talk concerning her and the flower that stood brightly on her left breast.

"The head of Rappappa."

"It's her."

"I can't believe it."

"Even Sado-sama said..."

"She's graduating today."

Finally, she ended up at the steps leading to the Rappappa room. Dark eyes darted up the stairs as she began reminiscing. How many times did she look up wishing to be up there? How many times did she climb these steps?  How many times did she fall from these steps? How many times...

Did she stare down these steps?

Hesitant at first, she began her journey toward her final destination. Upon reaching the top, she was greeted by the newly appointed 12th Generation - Four Heavenly Queens. With a curt nod, the four queens departed and made room for her to pass while they bowed their head low.

Two figures stood in front of the Rappappa door. A small smirk appeared on her face as the new Vice President and new Boss eyed her with much respect. "Did I make a good choice...?" She said slightly above a whisper. Though it was meant for herself and not to the two, her comment caused both figures to bow and reply, "Thank you for all your hard work!" She nodded and placed her hand on the doorknob. With a sigh, she entered.

Closing the door after stepping through its threshold, she took a good look around. From the first time she had first step into this room to this very day, it was still the same. She looked up to the eyes of former Rappappa bosses whose pictures stared down at her. Accompanying them was her very own picture. Her own eyes darted from her own picture to the picture next to it. A smile appeared on her face.

"I'm ready, Sado-sama..."

Taking off her jacket, she made her way to her picture. Using the hook that stood below, she hung her jacket but did not let go.

"I, Kashiwagi Yuki, known as Rappappa's Black have officially handed my title as the "best" for I am now a graduate of Majisuka Gakuen."

Yuki closed her eyes and let out another sigh.

"Finally..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a short introduction to the story and depending whether or not anyone likes it, I'll continue =]
Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:39:21 AM by atlowjack »

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am the SPARKLE KING~!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »
... ME LIKEY. PLEASE CONTINUE

Offline karomuwi

• Rena-sama~ I adore thee!!!
  • Member+
  • I LOVE Mayuki, WMatsui, GekiBlack and Kojiyuu~!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »
YAY~! I like this! Please continue!  :thumbsup
Had a withdrawal, so now I'm planning to fall in love with the couples all over again

\(^ - ^)/
Here are my fics~! They can be found amongst these three. :hee:

Shots
Love's A Mission
Oh My Dolly!

R.A.Y
SoUL (Series)

The Akiba Family (T.A.F)

Offline atlowjack

• Wota + Otaku = Wotaku~
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 01:58:06 AM »
@ShibuyaDokiDoki, karomuwi and whoever has left thank yous: Thank you. ^^

Chapter 2: A Little Bit of School

Midday and all round Akihabara was bustling. Its narrow streets and alleyways were alive with feverish activity.

Yuki was feeling uncomfortably hot despite the cool weather provided by this fall season. The sun was at its highest and a cool breeze blew in from out of nowhere. She removed her bangs away from view as sweat dripped down her face. Dark eyes scanned the sidewalk then to the sky. It was sweltering by anyone's standards. Needless too say, Yuki would have not put up with such discomfort if she had not been working.

Only a few months had pass since Yuki graduated and now, she was sweeping outside of a small yet comfortable bakery shop called Candy. Entering  the shop, different sounds occurred. The first thing Yuki had noticed was the sounds of the stereo playing music, chattering between customers debating what sweets to buy and laughter at the cash register. Placing the broom to the side, she greeted several more people coming then gave a farewell to those who were living. Today, it seemed busy. A lot busier than expected.

Letting out a sigh, Yuki intently stared at the person before her who stared with the same intensity.

"Ne, Yukirin~!!!" she shouted causing Yuki to blink and tilt her head (something she would never do if she saw anyone with her old high school uniform).

"Yes, Sashihara-san?"

"Mou, don't be so formal with me! Just call me Rino! Or Sasshi Yeah!"

Yuki shook her head as she turned around to allow her back to lean against the counter. Even from her angle, she could see Sashihara's pout on her face. "I'm guessing school..."

"Un! That's riight~! And I don't wanna go!!" Sashihara replied as she let out a large sigh and buried her face in her arms only to sit straight back up. Turning around, Yuki spotted another girl right behind Sashihara who was also the cause of Sashihara's sudden pained expression. The bump on her head proved so. "Ow! That hurt Aminya!!" The latter complained only to receive rolling eyes from the former. "Sasshi get ready soon. We need to go!"

Amina turned to Yuki who merely stood watching the two. "Sorry Yuki-san but you'll be on duty until we get back from class." Yuki gave a half-hearted smile and a wave of her hand. "It must be nice to be in University now huh?"

"Eh!? You're not attending any University right now? I heard you had like the highest - " Sashihara inquired though was quickly silenced by Amina's warning glare. She sheepishly made her around the counter and bowed slightly not able to meet either company's eyes. Amina smiled and patted Yuki's shoulders, "We're leaving the shop in your hands!"

With a small farewell, Yuki took Sashihara's spot. A bored expression enveloped her features as she watched customers browse through their collection of sweets. Oh how nice it would have been if she could go to University but that was another story later to tell. Even the owner of the shop went to the same University as her co-workers.
Akihabara University.

Akiba for short. Recently built in the ever-so crowded Akihabara District, it was become quite well known for its film and media and art curriculum. Though it was only about 8 years old, the school was on a different type of system. The school, for some odd reason, was structured in several different sections; each containing 48 students and named after cities in Japan. Akimoto Yasushi, the headmaster, was the genius behind this system which Yuki still couldn't really grasp. All she knew was that it was one of the schools she really wanted to attend. Thinking about it caused her let out a sigh.

Pop. "You seem to sigh a lot."

Yuki nearly fell backwards from the sudden voice that startled her. If anyone saw her and knew exactly who she was, she would never live it down. Though she was quite shocked to be caught off guard so easily even if she was out of mind. A pink hooded female chewing gum probed her field of vision - the cause that broke her out of her thoughts. "Welcome! How can I help you?" Yuki quickly stated as she gave a soft bow. A little embarrassed from what had happened.

The hooded girl smirked and placed a drink with the words "Purikuru" in front of her. "Just this please." Ringing up the lone drink, Yuki handed it right back to the girl who smiled.

"Here you go."

"Thanks, Yuki-san. A princess like you shouldn't be sighing so much."

A blush appeared on Yuki's face but before she could reply to the girl, she had already left the store leaving a stunned Yuki.

"How did she know my name..."

Looking down to her left breast, there stood her name tag. She inwardly face-palmed for not realizing it sooner. If the girl had not been a customer and if Yuki had not been working, the girl would have heard her "death sentence" as everyone seemed to call her poetry. Well, they were not off since she always recited one right before beating the victim senseless. Though this was not the case. The girl's smile flashed before her eyes deepening her blush.

"Cute..."

- - - - - - (*/ω\*) - - - - - -

It was near closing time and Yuki could already feel the fatigue catching up wit her. She had been working almost all day and she was about to call it quits and go home when...

"Yukirin~!!!"

THUD!

Sashihara was about to wrap her arms around the taller girl's neck only to hold nothing but air and met a painful meeting with the floor. Yuki stared at the girl realizing she had instinctively gotten out of the way as if she were in a fight and didn't know what kind of excuse she could come up with.

"S-sorry, Sashihara- Ah - Rino-san."

Sashihara stood up as she rubbed the growing bump on her forehead. "Well... before that epic fail occurred, I was wondering if you wanted to go watch a play that the University is hosting tonight? Aminya couldn't make so I have an extra ticket! So... PLEASE COME WITH ME~!!!"

She attempted to hug the taller girl once again only to be met with the same fate.

KER-SPLAT!

Feeling a little guilty for doing it for a second time, Yuki helped her up. "A play...?" Yuki was curious to see what the fuss was about since Akiba University plays and concerts were notoriously famous. "I don't know... I have a prior engage-"

"PLEASE~!!! I promise you, you'll love this play!!!"

She was hesitant but Sashihara's pout and pleading eyes were slowly eating at Yuki's conscious. Biting her lower lip, she nodded in agreement. "Okay... fine. Just let me make a phone call okay?"

"YAY!"

BAM!

"Rino-san... you're head... it's bleeding..."

- - - - - - (*/ω\*) - - - - - -

It was crowded.

Yuki felt as though she had underestimated just how popular Akiba plays were. It nearly took an hour for her and Sashihara to enter the building and sit down in their designated seats. Scanning the area, the first thing that Yuki noticed was the large sign above the staged that read "Don Quixote" which she believed was the name of the building they were in. It was as big as Budokan itself! Okay, maybe that was a little exaggerated but the building seemed to fit an audience of 3,000 people. Yet, it seemed like it wasn't able to fit the many people present there at the moment.

"There's so many people..."

"Well it's because the people performing are part of the Senbatsu!"

"Senbatsu..?"

"WHAT!?"

Sashihara nearly jumped out of her seat (while also attracting attention) not believing the blank (yet concerned) face Yuki was giving her. "You don't know what the Senbatsu is?" A sudden black aura sent chills down Sashihara's spine though it quickly disappeared as it had appeared (Yuki quickly noticed her sudden mood change). "D-did you-"

Shaking her head, Sashihara cleared her throat as if she were teaching a lesson. "The Senbatsu is an annual election between the groups within the University to see who is the most popular! The Senbatsu is treated like idols~!! This year's election I heard is going to be pretty intense! Especially between Maeda Atsuko and reigning idol, Oshima Yuko!"
A little taken back by Sashihara's wota tendencies, Yuki still didn't seem to grasp what she was talking about. Unable to take the "wota aura" that Sashihara was exhibiting, she excused herself to the restroom seeing that the play was being delayed.

Making her way through the crowd, she finally found herself in an empty corridor. However...

"...Where am I!?"

She had forgotten to ask Sashihara where exactly the bathroom. Sighing once again, she began to reminisce the old simple days where it was just her against multiple enemies. Where punches were thrown, kicks flew and bodies were bloodied and bruised with the tint of satisfaction that they gave it their all. That was a Yankee life. It was a life that Yuki missed. Having to switch to a "princess" manner was lot more difficult than she could manage but it was the real world. It wasn't high school anymore.

After ten minutes of mindless wandering, Yuki heard arguing voices and rather loud slap following. Yuki placed her back on the wall and peaked around the corner only to find a white-haired male in white attire and a teary-eyed female in front of him. Though she was unable to see the male's face, she was able to recognize the female's face. "Kasai-san...?" She thought to herself only to  watch the owner of the shop she worked at run off while the male giving chase.

Did she just walk into a lover's quarrel?

Shrugging it off, she went the opposite direction in order to avoid running into them. For one thing, she didn't want to be involved in drama. For another, she was well ready to give up on finding the bathroom and just retracing her steps back to the theater. Yuki then spotted several people and hopefully, they would be able to help her find her way back.

"Umm... excuse-"

"Where the hell did Miyazawa go!?"

"What about Maeda-san? Can anyone find her?"

"The play's going to start soon!!!"

"No one can find her! Just have Akimoto-san and Takahashi-san fill in!"

"Excuse me!"

Yuki shouted catching someone's attention. "Do you know how I can get back to the theater...?"

Pulling off headphones from her ears, and ruffling her black hair in response. "Just turn right at that corner and keeping walking down until see the crowd. It's not far from here." Yuki bowed, thanking the girl before walking off. For some odd reason, the girl reminded her of an anime character from a children's show. What was his name? A green dinosaur... buck teeth... Gacha...

Suddenly, Yuki found herself on the floor and her hand on her forehead  trying to relieve the pain that was surging across her head. "Ow~! Oi! Watch where you're goi-!" Her sentence did not leave her throat as she was face to face with the white-haired male. Her eyes widened and a blush crept on her face.

He stood up and held out his hand. "Sorry. Are you alright, miss?"

------------------------------------------------------------

It's not good... And I'm a horrible writer >.<
Though I hope you guys enjoy this!
There's going to be a lot of mixing and matching and I actually don't know where I'm going to go with this...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:04:46 AM by atlowjack »

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Jack's Tales from A Wota. "A Little Bit Of Everything" [11.13.11]
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
I was a bit confused at the beginning but it sounds interesting and I laughed so hard at Yuki's reflex ^^

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
Sasshi~ everywhere she go she is still a wota~  XD

Yukirin meet with her prince or princess?!  :inlove:

Please continue~  :bow:

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:02 AM »
LOL Sasshi and her wota lecture... xD

MaYuki?! BLACK AND NEZUMI? (O u O) Ehehehehe~!

White haired male... SAE-CHAN~!

Please continue!

Offline haruhi16

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 04:10:41 AM »
woah! saechan! update soon!!

Offline atlowjack

• Wota + Otaku = Wotaku~
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 06:26:30 AM »
Thank you everyone for commenting!

I still have no clue where I am going with that story so I'm just going to give you a one shot of Black and Gekikara!
It's... eh... lol

ENJOY

I'm Not Mad

Slowly, you stood.

My eyes followed your slim figure, taking every little detail about you as much as I could.

Long black hair swayed behind you with no mind of mess despite the ferocity of the wind. Your pale ivory skin illuminated in the light which shone through the tree that you had been sitting under. The uniform you wore was neat, tidy - a princess-esque feel. Everything about you screamed elegance and finesse.

When was it? The first time I laid my eyes on you?

When was it? The first time we shared a silent conversation.

When was it? The first time I realized that I had fallen for someone like you.

Although we have never spoken despite spending almost every day together, I was captured by your beauty.

I told Yuko-san this and all she did was laugh. She told me once that there are many different types of love and that there was no need for words for these feelings. I didn't understand what she meant by that until I saw it in her eyes. When she stared at Torigoya-san. The longing, the lust, the passion. Everything was evident in her eyes. So I thought, if you stared at me, would you notice the same feelings that Yuko-san has for her loved one?

Here I am, still staring at you.

As I lean on the tree of which I was standing under, you spot me.

I've been caught.

But I do not break eye contact. Biting my finger, I continue to stare and wait for your next move.

Of course, I never see your next move because suddenly, you're in front of me. One hand against the tree I'm leaning on, trapping me.

All I do is blink and return the stare.

You know what is on my mind.

You know why I did what I did.

I can tell. It's evident in your eyes.

"Ne," you spoke, "Are you mad?"

You use my line.

Of course I'm mad.

I'm mad that you slept with him.

I'm mad that you're carrying his child.

I'm mad that when I was nearly done beating him to oblivion, you stop me.

You stopped me. Why? You said you didn't like him. You said it wasn't something to bother then. Why were you protecting him? Why did we argue that night only to have you steal a kiss from me.

So now I'm furious.

I'm furious that it finally took me this long to realize you feel the same way as I did.

And now, they're going to take me away from you because of what I did to him.

I do not respond to your question and instead ask you a question of my own.

"Will you wait for me?"

Like me, you do not respond to my question for I had not responded to yours.

Instead, I now feel your lips against mine.

---------------------------------------

It's short >.<
I swear, I'll get better at writing these fanfictions because this is my first few tries at fanfiction =]
Please take care of me! :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:35:27 AM by atlowjack »

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Jack's Tales from A Wota. "I'm Not Mad" One-Shot [11.20]
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
Ahhh! BLACK x GEKI!!! ME LIKEY!!!! Please write more!! :D

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
YEY~!! I LIKE IT TOO~!!

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Who is that him??? Arrrrg!!! Black you should let Gekikara kill him

Offline atlowjack

• Wota + Otaku = Wotaku~
Steel Heart
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 05:23:49 AM »
Steel Heart
Connection.000

It's the forty-eighth century of the Empirical Calendar and Imperial Japan is at its peak.

Spanning what was once Asia, and experiencing a new trend that we know as steampunk, one might go so far as to call Imperial Japan the center of the world. However, prosperity comes at a cost. Day by day, tensions rise at the borders of the Empire and the people fear that they may soon be bound for war.

Not that anyone cares much about. As the government continues their effort of creating the "perfect" cyborg, international tension is last on everyone's mind. For what is popular you ask? The invention of cyborgs through steam technology. There has been a spike in the steampunk trend which causes people to go insanely wild for. Who wouldn't? Cyborgs that can be babysitters, do your dishes, walk your dog, drive you to work, help you with groceries, spy on your neighbor, you name it. There's a cyborg for almost everything.

Almost.

And to rid this imperfect word, "almost," Kashiwagi Yuki plans to build the perfect cyborg that is capable of everything. Including love.

-----------

Well... it's a prologue.

Yes it's a steampunk theme story and now that I have time to actually write one (vacation, woot woot!) hopefully this one won't get discontinued! I'm sorry for not finishing "A Little Bit of Everything" but I wrote it on a whim and was only inspired to write it because of the amazing fanfics here. BUT! This time, no excuses. I'll finish this one =]

Please enjoy! Comments always welcomed!   

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Jack's Tales from A Wota: "Steel Heart" [12.14]
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 08:21:56 AM »
Oh, Yukirin? The perfect cyborg? Love? Interesting, interesting ^^

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
Yuki? Cyborg? If its the Cyborg I think... then me gustaaa ;D

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
Yuki's going to build the perfect cyborg.... I wonder what that could turn out like, looking forward to more!

Offline atlowjack

• Wota + Otaku = Wotaku~
Steel Heart
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »
Hi guys! Thanks for commenting! I had decided to wait and see if my page would get to 1000 views before I posted again. It did. YAY. Ahahah. I felt like that was an accomplishment for an unknown writer like me!

So I hope you enjoy a little bit of a surprise for this chapter.

Also. I want to give a quick summary of the type of world that we're in since I kind of rushed it in the prologue.

It is the year 00048 where the steam-punk trend has begun. Though, despite being in the near modernistic future, everyone has reverted back to steam powered appliances and to top that off, has reverted to the Victorian style fashion in order to incorporate their knowledge of the trend. This story takes place in the heart of Akihabara which is already known for being the "Electric Town" of Japan. Akihabara is a major shopping area for electronic, computer, anime, and otaku goods, including new and used items.

Right now, what is popular is using mechanical devices to mend one's loss such as an arm, a leg, even a heart (Yes, similar to Full Metal Alchemist). What is also popular, is the intention of creating steam-powered air ships and mechanical cyborgs who look human. Because of the rise of cyborgs, a Japanese invention and airships, a British invention, there is huge tension between the two most powerful countires (Imperial Japan and Britannia [Yes, I know. Sounds like Code Geass...]) and there has been rumors of a war breaking out soon.

OKAY. Enjoy :3

Steel Heart
Connection.001

It's cold.

I’m curled in a ball in the corner of a cell. There are shackles around my neck, wrists and ankles which have chaffed my skin to the very bones of my body. I tried to keep as still as possible and leave no traces of movement but when I did, all I could feel was a surge of pain coursing through my body and tears leaving the depths of my eyes.

The door of my cell suddenly opened allowing light to filter in causing me to writhe in even more pain and blind me senseless. Two large figures blindfolded me – easing the pain of the luminescence and dragged me out of my cell by my shackles. I didn’t know where they were taking me but only to know that I was now strapped onto a table. There were others around me now.

One of them spoke.

“Subject 039,” He introduced me as if I were a stranger to him. “has gone under multiple experiments in the past and still shows no sign of advancing. However, observation shows that brain activity has increased tenfold and the subject has not subdued to insanity. Metallic ligaments have been replaced.. Human body, stable. Process of thorough examination will begin shortly.”

“Maybe it’s time to give up,” said a female voice, “Clearly, nothing seems to be working and nothing has changed. I cannot continue this project any longer. We can't keep doing this, her human body cannot handle the stress!”

Her voice seemed familiar.

“That is a reason why we should continue!”

Another man uttered.  “It is amazing that this child hasn’t gone insane and even in the most extreme experiments, there is not even a subtle change! Not even one blink of an eye! It’s so remarkably outstanding that an unconscious will is keeping this one alive! We must continue!”

“It has been three years! I don’t understand how the child’s body still continues to function but I do believe that it will have reached its limits soon! We have other subjects that have progressed further!” the female scientist voiced back.

“Kashiwagi-san, please! You need to stop your bickering!”

“No! This is a mere child! Not even an adolescent! It’s time to let go! We can always-”

Kashiwagi? Wait… that's-

A sudden shock of pain coursed through my body. I didn’t react but the pain caused tears to roll down my eyes.

Kashiwagi Yuki, is me.

The pain continued but I still could hear what was going on. Then the other Yuki had stopped shouting after a loud smack sound which I believe was to the face and it was followed by a loud thud to the ground. A body lay unconscious on the ground. My heart stopped.

I was utterly confused. Am I the one strapped onto the table or the one lying on the floor?

With all the strength I could muster out, I struggled from my bindings. All my thoughts on trying to help the Yuki who was on the floor. A loud explosion came from the right of me and then another. There was now panic in the room and I was free from my restraints. I was finally sitting up and removing my blindfold.

It was pure catastrophe. Explosions left and right. Fires coming to life.

And then I woke up.

-----

"YOU CALL THAT AN ENTRÉE!?"

A little startled by the yell, my eyes turned to the kitchen line where I can see an irritated looking head chef who oddly resembles a green dinosaur named Gachapin yelling at several cooks. I chuckled softly to myself intrigued by how the cooks were cowering in fear of the Gachapin chef. Other sounds were also present in the background. Dishes clattered, frying pan hisses and people scurrying in and out of the double doors to feed and attend to customers was very much alive. Here I sat with a drink in my hand at the bar of one of the most popular cafes in Akihabara. Café Don Quixote.

I always found it amusing how this head chef was a dear friend of mine but she never acted this seriously unless food was involved. I took a sip of my Bailey mixed hot chocolate watching the scene unfold before me. At the corner of my eye, I could see some busboys were arguing with the cooks only to be interrupted by the head chef herself. Her voice roared with authority and things seemed to settle down right away. I know for a fact she is probably not the scariest person in this place. Speaking of this place, I looked over my shoulder to the over-crowded area before me nothing really catching my interest.

"Miichan never seems satisfied with any of the things the cooks make, ne Yukirin?" a sudden voice entered my thoughts as I turned around to the source. I looked up only to find the bartender staring at me with her charming boyish grin which I couldn't help but return. "Well, it's a good thing she's serious about her job." I replied before taking another sip of my drink. I wasn't much of a drinker but on a cold winter night such as this, I didn't mind a mix or two. Sae chuckled at my response, "Oh yeah! Did you hear about the scandal that's happening in the palace right now?"

I blinked tilting my head a little in confusion. "What happened?"

"Well apparently, Haruna Hime-sama has been kidnapped!"

I nearly choked on my Bailey as my eyes widened at the news. "Seriously!?"

"Yeah. It's the biggest thing since Mayu Hime-sama's death!"

It took me a while to contemplate the news. Ever since tension began to rise between Imperial Japan and Britannia, there have been mass assassination attempts and kidnappings going on in both countries. (Fun Fact: Both countries are top sellers of cyborgs and steam appliances. With Britannia's invention of the air ship and Imperial Japan's use of cyborgs, the world has reverted back to a Victorian time. ) Everyone also talked about how a war was soon to break out.

"Well anyways, do you want me to refill that drink for you? On the house of course." She winked at me earning a small blush from my cheeks. As I willed away the pink in my cheeks, I shook my head. "No, I think I'll pass. I should be getting home. I have to open the shop early tomorrow. Thanks anyways."

Sae frowned. I didn't know whether she was frowning from my denial of a free drink or the fact that I was heading out so early in the night. "Boo, you're no fun, Yukirin!" I was about to get up from my spot when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my body and their hands reaching up to a comfortable spot on my chest.

Grope. Grope.

A loud shriek escaped my throat as a smacking sound followed soon after as I turned to the culprit who dared to touch me. She grinned like no other despite the red mark on her cheek that she was tenderly caressing. "Yukirin~!!!  That hurt!" She feigned as I wondered how I my hand was able to locate her cheek because of our height differences.

Her mischievous dimple grin appeared on her face. She tilted her body slightly while waving with both hands. "Yahoo!" She greeted. "Leaving so soon!? And here I came thinking that you and me can drink and celebrate my job well done!" I rolled my eyes knowing exactly what kind of job she was talking about. "Who did you swindle this time, Yuko?" I asked not really interested but more concerned that one day, this short con-artist of a friend of mine was going to get caught by another short friend of mine who didn't take too kindly to lawbreakers.

Yuko placed her hand on her chest, again feigning hurt. "Yukirin! Why I would never do that! You know I'm a good girl!" I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm. "If Takamina catches you-"

"That midget of a cop ain't gonna catch me! So come on! Join me!"

I bit my lip as I stared at her puppy dog pout. I hesitantly refused.

"Awww. Yukirin!" She whined.

"Yeah, come on Yukirin!" Sae chimed in.

"I'm sorry  guys but no. I really need to open the shop tomorrow."

"Who cares about that dinky mechanic sho-"

Suddenly Yuko became quiet and Sae avoided making eye contact with me. Yuko then apologized quietly before claiming she was just going to have to drink with Mariko, the owner of Don Quixote, instead. I never really understood why they usually became quiet like this. Miichan once told me that it was the fact that I had a black aura surrounding me whenever something displeased or irritated me. I shrugged it off and said my goodbyes as I left.

A sigh escaped my lips as I looked up to the sky. It was already later than I had expected. I began my journey through the street only find myself staring down a dark alley path. My steps slowed as my thoughts of getting home sooner was quietly being persuaded by the alley that led straight across from where I lived.

Normally, I wouldn't come through this area this late at night, but I really was anxious to get home and could save a good ten minutes by coming this way.
I almost instantly regretted my decision, though, when I came upon a section of the alley when something, a cat maybe, crossed my path. My body tensed just a bit and hesitated a moment to continue on my path. Ok... What's up, Yuki? I inwardly berated myself before moving on twice as quickly as before, completely unaware of what caused me to trip all of a sudden.

I fell completely on my face.

The first thing I noticed, as my awareness slowly returned to me, was not the deadly silence that filled the glade I occupied, nor the nauseating migraine steadily creeping its way in on me. It wasn't the extreme discomfort of dust up my nose. It was the extreme discomfort of my position. I was on my stomach but on top of a young unconscious beautiful girl. I tried to utter a word but there was no sound or verbal way to help my situation. I sat up looking at the girl's face with such admiration until I noticed the shine of a broken metal that was sticking out of her arm and the heavy breathing that she was emitting. This brought me back to the real world. She needed help.

-----

Hopefully that was interesting!

I tried to make it longer soo... yeah. Comments are appreciated! Thanks for stopping by! =]

Offline Sok

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Jack's Tales from A Wota: "Steel Heart" [12.18]
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »
Woow! This is very interesting.  :mon XD:  :mon star:
I'm very curious to know who the girl under Yuki is.  :mon huh:
Please update whenever you can.  :mon thumb:
Thank you.  :mon lovelaff:

Offline cat_kazy

Re: Jack's Tales from A Wota: "Steel Heart" [12.18]
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »