JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Cloudy World

Author Topic: Another chance, Chapter 16 (august-12-2012)  (Read 11889 times)

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 15 (july-30-2012)
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »
@Kurosawa87: JunxLin had to fit in there one way or another  XD
@Shiawase_Honoo: You are right lol but still the question is: WHOSE?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a long time hasn't it?! Does anybody still remember this fic? lol but yes, I'm back! My brain struggled with this one but here it is !!! Chapter 15 of Another chance! : Enjoy!   :oops:

Chapter 15:

It was a rather sad day. Birds weren’t singing… the wind wasn’t bestowing its wonderful melody as it blew alongside tree leaves, and even the rain pelted without rhythm that morning. This sad atmosphere didn’t help improve the mood of all the people attending Tsunku’s funeral. Not that it should be a happy event, but that he wished for it to be something about his life and his music and not about his death.

“Is everything set up for the band?”

Nakazawa’s soft voice was heard by the widow who turned and acknowledged the woman’s presence. Kei, Kemeko as she was often called by her close friends, had an eerie calm surrounding her. But Nakazawa knew that it was her own way of coping so when the widow had asked to overlook the preparations for the band that were to play at her deceased husband’s funeral; she couldn’t do anything to stop her.

“Everything is up except for the piano. I’ve been trying to bring one but in this weather nobody is willing to do so.”

The disappointed tone in Kemeko’s voice didn’t go unnoticed by the school principal who put her hand on the woman’s shoulder before telling her that she will fix that in an instant.

‘Crazy old man… Give her your strength…’

She silently pleaded as she went outside to make a call. Once outside, her phone started ringing as she made the call when suddenly the most eerie screech loudly rang close to her. It sounded like a leather glove being dragged down the strings of a bass, but more importantly it sounded like the movie made famous beast that wreaked havoc on Japanese and worldwide streets.

Nakazawa wasn’t the only one startled by the sound and the cellphone’s owner quickly yet quite stupidly reached for the phone in her purse to answer the call. Maybe she didn’t see the woman in front of her; but the words she spoke next would have instantly finished her if it weren’t for the fact that they were at a funeral right at the moment.

“Hai! Nakazawa- sensei I’m right at the entrance!”

The moment she had finished that sentence her gaze had gone upwards and met the woman who was calling her on the cellphone. The school principal’s face was contorted in an expression both of amuse and annoyance. Amused because it wasn’t everyday she could see a flustered Fujimoto regarding her just like she did when she was her student. And annoyed because the ringtone the art teacher had chosen to identify her calls was that of a monster.

But she chose to keep her mouth shut…even if it took widened eyes and tightly pursed lips to achieve her goal. Nevertheless the favor she was going to ask the art teacher couldn’t be fulfilled at the moment since she had already reached the place; alone.

“Fujimoto-san. I see you’ve come alone.”

Miki’s face turned serious as she regained her composure in an instant. She knew what the principal was talking about but she never once confirmed that she would come accompanied to the funeral.

“Yes, I have Nakazawa-kōchō. How’s everything inside?”

“Don’t try to divert the question Fujimoto. I know it was you who went into my office and retrieved the song list. I was calling you because we’re missing a piano. I know you’re the only one who can help me get one.”

After Nakazawa voiced her thoughts, the duo stood under the roofed area with only the sound of the rain accompanying them. As if time stretched on for eternity, neither party willing to speak, and both of them giving intense glares to the other; Miki broke the silence with a sigh.

“Yes I did Nakazawa-sensei…I’m sorry. But I only did as you asked me; I gave her the song list and she just took it and left. I haven’t seen her since. I don’t know what she will do.”

Miki’s honesty as she spoke didn’t go unnoticed to Nakazawa, especially since she called her ‘sensei’ instead of the usual ‘kōchō’ she gave her nowadays. It was a nice and refreshing change, and the pressure of being the all mighty school principal was lifted off her shoulders for an instant as both women pondered over what to do in this situation.

“I’ll go and give her a call. As for the piano; give me 15 minutes.”

Turning her back to Nakazawa to begin and walk away; Miki came face to face with the newly appointed school nurse and her former art student. Only a gentle nod was exchanged since more pressing thoughts were on her mind at the moment.

“Takahashi, Kamei. Glad to see you both. How are you?”

Both women bowed at the principal as they greeted her. Eri was holding Ai’s guitar as the nurse was holding the song list that was marked with her own notes. Menial greetings were made and Nakazawa gently asked Eri to go inside and place the guitar near the other instruments since she needed to speak with Ai for a bit.

“Is something the matter Nakazawa- kōchō?”

Ai asked at the sudden request form the principal after Eri had left. At Nakazawa’s soft smile, they both headed towards a bench to sit down for a bit.

“Nothing’s wrong Takahashi. I see you’ve practiced your share in his last wishes. I only hope she chooses to fulfill them as well…” Nakazawa finished her sentence with a murmur but still Ai caught it.

“…She?”

“Ahh, don’t mind me Takahashi. I’ll go back in and see how everything is holding up, excuse me.”

Ai was left alone on the bench with her notes and the previous spoken sentence from the school principal. To divert her thoughts from said sentence; Ai opened the song list and began to quietly practice the songs once again but the thought of said ‘she’ kept her from her practice.

‘Who was Nakazawa- kōchō referring to? By ‘she’; does she mean the Brat?’

Buried memories from 5 years ago began to flash back once again at the thought of said ‘Brat’. But it was a specific song in that set list that had brought back a clear memory of the girl in question.

~Flashback~

“Ok guys remember that the vocals will get stronger at this specific part of the song. Don’t get intimidated by the music and let your voice out ok?”

“Hai, Tsunku-san!”

Both girls answered at the same time as they made their respective notes over their music sheets. The eccentric music teacher smiled happily at his diligent students. Truly, both girls were the best combination, both musically and theatrically, this school has seen in a long time. After the girls marked the corrections on the sheets; Tsunku began to replay the song with his guitar and both girls began to sing.

*Sprang!*

The sudden sour note, made by the music teacher’s guitar, startled everyone in the room and both girls hung their heads low. His serious face as he stood with his guitar in hand was a rare sight for the often smiling and cheerful teacher.

“Niigaki; as always your vocals are extraordinary. But please teach this one how to get to that level; I don’t know what’s wrong with her today. To think she chose this song.” A disgruntled huff was the last thing heard from the teacher before he turned around and approached other students.

Being regarded as ‘this one’ was like a stab to the heart and Ai tried to hold onto her whimper but it was still heard by Risa. Her musical attuned ears caught on quickly to Ai’s hurt so she just nodded and within a minute took Ai’s hand and dragged her towards the piano.

“Ai-chan… is something wrong?” Risa’s worried tone as she asked was even worse than what her teacher had previously regarded her as.

She doesn’t need ‘Musical Prodigy’: Niigaki Risa’s pity. She just wanted to be seen and acknowledged by her favorite teacher yet she always seems to come second to this one. But she couldn’t let her jealousy be shown so she just flashed on her ever charming smile.

“I’m sorry. I seem to have some stuff on my mind don’t worry Risa-chan.”

“Ok…let’s just go over this once again.”

Risa cleared her throat as she turned her attention back to the piano. Gracefully her fingers traced over the keys and pressed them according to the notes displayed on the musical sheet before singing. Ai was so immersed in Gaki’s piano skills that she forgot her cue to begin singing which prompted Risa to stop.

“Are you sure you’re ok? We can practice it later you know…How about I play a little and whenever you’re ready you begin?”

Without waiting for a reply, Risa began to play once again and this time it was a melody never heard before by Ai. Risa closed her eyes as her fingers moved over the piano and a soft melancholic tune filled the big music room they were practicing at. Soon everyone’s attention was caught by the never before heard song and a small crowd of music students surrounded both girls. She began to hum along the tune played by her fingers and as quickly as it began; this magical sound ended and everyone in the room except Ai began clapping.

“Niigaki-san…that was… magnificent!” Tsunku’s voice as he praised his student was quite surprised and pleased and he began to excitedly ask about the melody.

“It’s not that great…I’m still working on it…but thank you.”

She was shy as she spoke those words but still nobody could deny her raw and otherworldly talent. Even though everyone else in the class was pleasantly content with Risa’s talent, this attention the girl was getting was slowly but surely fueling Ai’s jealousy.

“Well, when you finish it I want to be the first one to hear it ok?!” His excited words made Risa giggle and she nodded her head once.

“How about I make it your birthday gift Tsunku-san!” Her suggestion was greatly perceived by the teacher who nodded enthusiastically and broadly smiled.

“I hope I also get a song from you Takahashi-san! Both your voices would be a great gift!” As he said that he winked to Ai before whispering something to Risa once again.

“You can help her with a song if she’s stuck.” Risa’s eyes were cast downwards as he said that since she noticed that Ai clearly heard what he had said.

After that, the teacher gave out some final instructions and the bell signaling lunch time rang aloud. All students were walking towards the courtyard but Risa and Ai were left alone in the music room while they picked up their things.

“Ai-chan… you’re really talented. Don’t be discouraged by some of the things he says.”

Ai froze after listening to Risa’s words but instantly she went again and continued to pick up her things. Risa went over the piano once again and put it back the way it was before she had used it and picked up her belongings when suddenly her cellphone beeped.

’Mame-chan~! You’re probably at lunch right now! I’m sorry I got sick and couldn’t come to school! I’ve been waiting to eat your home-made dumplings for a while and now I’m sick!! Pu~ Pu~ Your ever loving groper; Miki!’

Her smile as she read the message was so bright she could light up even brighter than her beloved Yokohama. And as her fingers skillfully typed a reply; a plan was forming in Ai’s mind.

A plan to remove her jealousy once and for all.

~End Flashback~

“…Ai-chan? You ok?”

Eri gently shook Ai and brought her out of her memories. When her gaze was fixed upon the turtle’s Ai couldn’t help but smile at the curious pout her lover held. She nodded before kissing her nose and standing up.

“I put your guitar on a stand where Terada-san asked me to. I hope you don’t mind I opened your guitar case.” Eri shyly mumbled.

“It’s ok. Thank you Eri-chan.” The gentle tone in Ai’s voice was enough to calm Eri down and she kissed Ai contentedly.

Their kiss was broken by the sound of squeaky wheels connecting with wood as well as a couple deep male voices. When the women looked towards the direction the sound had come from they saw a piano being carted into the local by big men guided by Fujimoto Miki. She had seen the women kissing and the image made her forget about the step and the men who were moving the piano missed it. Thankfully; the piano didn’t fall and they went inside.

“We should go inside as well Eri.”

Ai took the turtle’s hand and they silently walked into the local. The scenery inside was not the sad one you would expect but it also wasn’t a happy one. It was one that screamed nervous. And the nervous ones were all the students taught by Tsunku-san since this would be one of their most important performances ever. A performance to thank the man who had taught them that music was something that should be done with love and not as a mere job.

“Are you ok Ai-chan?”

Eri whispered to Ai when she saw the woman freeze in her steps as she took in the atmosphere. A deep sigh was given by the school nurse before she slowly nodded her head to answer the turtle’s question. After calming down a bit, both turtle and nurse slowly walked towards the widow to express their condolences with a silently thinking Ai.

‘Today is going to be a really long day.’

And it was a long day, not only for the people attending the funeral but to a certain someone as well.

Riho was wracking her mind over what to do for her art project. Many rough sketches were made but still none of them satisfied her. She wanted something that would reach out to someone yet everything she had drawn up to now seemed shallow and soulless. And to add to her lack of inspiration, the rain pelting her window and the darkness from the clouds gave her room an unwelcoming feeling. But her attention was soon brought onto her ringing phone and she picked it up to read the incoming message.

‘Riho-chan! How are you? Have you made any progress in your project? –Kanon’

She sighed as she replied to the message and just as quickly as it was sent Kanon replied back with a simple ‘Ganbare!’. That simple phrase lifted her spirits and she picked up her pencil once again to begin sketching.

**FLASH**

“Ugh! Miki!” she growled as she chucked her brushes towards the wall.

“Hey I get it you hate watercolor but I didn’t ask you to choose my class you know.”

The girl at her bedroom’s door giggles before placing a small bowl by her side. It was her favorite treat; shaved ice with condensed milk over strawberry. When she looked at the treat a smile crept up to her face.

“I knew you would still be trying to make some progress so I brought you this. Now tell me, how come you’re so stuck with this?”

She slowly ate her cup and explained that art wasn’t really her strong point because she couldn’t understand how people could put in so many details into one simple piece of work. She had chosen this class to be closer to Miki and to stay away from trouble but there was another reason.

“I…I don’t have a talent Miki-chan…”

At her confession, Miki’s eyes widened and she put her arm around her shoulders and brought her close to herself. So this was the reason the girl chose her class. Miki had always thought it was because it was deemed as the easiest one and because there she could be closer to her crush.

“Everyone has a talent kitty-cat. Maybe you’re looking too much into the ‘conventional’ ones. Maybe you’re not the best at theatre, music and especially art. But there’s something you excel at.”

She took in the words but still couldn’t understand what it was she excelled at according to Miki. Tilting her head as she pondered about it, Miki giggled once again and grasped the blinking phone on top of the desk. Opening it, she revealed a new picture message with the title: ‘Thank you’.

“You may have a hard time painting Kitten, but when we really need it; you always bring a smile to our faces.”

**FLASH**

“Eh…? Smile…?”

Without noticing it, Riho had begun to do a sketch of her parents smiling. It was something she hadn’t thought much about but after looking at it once again she had decided what to work on. She was going to portray smiles in her art project.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There it is!!! Finally!!  :theking
Thank you for reading!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Another chance, Chapter 15 (july-30-2012)
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
Tsunku's funeral brought out a little bit of emotion and everyone seems to come together
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 16 (august-12-2012)
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 04:33:17 AM »
@Kurosawa87: Lol it is an important event to get to know their past and possible future XD

Here I am back again!! With another chapter!! It's long but it will give out a LOT of information that will help you discover where they stand and what they will do in the upcoming chapters! As always thank you for reading!

Chapter 16

*Knock knock*

“Riho-chan, may we come in?”

The young girl stopped her pencil work as she let her parents into the room. For the past couple of hours she has been rough sketching smiles. The idea does ignite in her a fiery passion but the results of each and every drawing lacks a certain something to actually satisfy her. Maybe this small interruption by her parents can put her hands to rest a bit before continuing on her work.

“There’s something we need to talk about Riho-chan.”

Seeing her parents take a seat on her bed with a serious tone worried Riho a bit so she decided to put her whole attention towards what they had to say.

“When you were at the hospital, the doctor advised us to take you to a psychologist for a bit.”

“A psychologist…? But…Why?”

“It’s nothing too serious, but the doctor wants to make sure you don’t have another accident like you did on the roof at school.”

Connecting the small dots of information her parents had given her, Riho could only come up with one conclusion as to why she had to go to a psychologist. If that wasn’t enough, the parent’s worried faces indicated that they did think something was horribly wrong with their daughter. Riho took a sharp intake of air before crossing her arms and glaring at her parents.

“I’m not crazy enough to want to jump from the school’s rooftop. That…I don’t even know how it happened… But I’ll tell you now; I’m not going.”

The young parents feared this answer from their daughter but they knew that forcing her would only make everyone’s mood sour for a long time. Instead, they chose to clarify a couple of their daughter’s thoughts. They would make the dots she previously connected in her mind; clearer.

“We know you wouldn’t just jump from the rooftop Riho-chan. But the fact that you have no idea how it happened worries us. So maybe with these visits you can find out what went wrong.”

It wasn’t a lie or a way to convince her to go to the psychologist. It was mostly something to get Riho’s mind to recognize that those flashes she’s been having lately weren’t normal and that it is best to get them checked out. She knew her parents were always honest with her but she was afraid of what she would find whilst visiting the psychologist. Her parents didn’t say another word after that and left her alone once again in her room.

‘I need to make a decision. Worrying won’t get me anywhere.’

Risa sat alone on her apartment’s couch after taking a shower and she listened to the voice message Miki had left her telling her that she would borrow her baby grand piano for the funeral. She hadn’t been home in 3 days…the longest she’s been apart from Miki in a long time but this specific situation needed deep thinking.

‘It’s been five long years…Should I reveal myself and perform at your funeral Tsunku-san? Am I brave enough to do that…? She’s going to be there…Can I face her?’

She stood up from the couch and went towards her dresser to look for a box where she stored some of her most precious treasures. After retrieving it, she sat on the bed and emptied its contents. Feeling around, she took a guitar pick that had the letters R.N engraved on one side and the ‘♂’ symbol on the other. That guitar pick was the first gift she had received when she was blinded 5 years ago and Miki was the one to read her the note that came attached to it. A simple message that changed her outlook on the future and helped her move forward, a message she still remembers to this day.

-Not many know the real reason you left. But remember; I never consider myself part of the ‘many’. Music is something you feel and hear so just because you have lost your eyesight doesn’t mean you have to give up on this beautiful talent you have. Create because you’re brave Niigaki-san: Never forget.’-

She quickly changed her clothing and put the trusty guitar pick into her pocket before going out of the apartment. Risa couldn’t even believe she was about to miss her opportunity to finally give the man who changed her life his long overdue birthday present.

‘Tsunku-san…give me your strength.’

Ai had already mingled around and started menial conversations with old music classmates that were reunited to play at the funeral. But still she was nervous since her vocals were one of the main for the event. And something sparked her curiosity even more; the piano didn’t have a player. Every student that had received a song list had a specific part to play and she had noticed that nobody was in charge of the piano.

‘Who is supposed to play the piano? Terada-sensei…? I remember her piano skills in theatre as she helped us with the musicals.’

She walked towards the piano set in the center of the platform that served as a small stage. There, she saw a peculiar mark on it. The black baby grand piano glistened under the local’s light and its gold accentuates contrasted perfectly with the silver words engraved on the top part of the piano.

‘Music can give name to the unnamable and communicate the unknown. -Leonard Bernstein’

But it wasn’t the words, or the fact that they were there. I was mostly the symbol at the beginning: ‘♂’. She went back and took her guitar and brought it close to the piano to compare both instruments. Her guitar was a gift by her deceased teacher and it had the complete opposite colors to the baby grand piano that stood in front of her. Her white falcon double cutaway guitar had a scripture in black after the same symbol, but hers reads:

‘Music is the language that allows me to communicate with the beyond. - Robert Schumann’

“Takahashi-chan, we’re going to be starting now.”

The widow softly spoke to Ai and brought her out of her thoughts. She wasn’t going to focus on the owner of said piano at the moment but she had pretty clear idea as to who that person was. Still, they were given a specific time to come and play and if the woman in question hadn’t reached it must mean that she wouldn’t show up.

‘She won’t show up…I’m sure of it… Besides it was Fujimoto who brought in the piano.’

*Crack!*

Everyone’s attention was brought to the front door of the local as it creaked open and a female figure stood in the middle of it. The next seconds; the only sound you could hear was that of gasps followed by silent murmurs. Ai’s eyes widened after she recognized who it was at the door, and she couldn’t tear them away from the petite woman that at the moment held Fujimoto’s arm and slowly walked over towards the stage.

Risa wore a long white dress with a light green line on her waist and her soft curled long hair was held in a messy bun. Only light accessories adorned her figure but that didn’t matter at all since Ai was still glued on her face. She hadn’t changed at all in those five years they hadn’t met each other. The only difference was in the length of her hair, the regal elegance with which she carried herself, and unbeknownst to the other occupants in the room; her lack of vision.

“Please forgive my tardiness. But I’m ready to begin.”

Ai’s shocked gaze met Fujimoto’s and she quickly tore it away to concentrate on her guitar. Risa sat on the piano and cleared her throat before pressing the keys and birthing music right then and there. She knew the score and set list by heart so she just let her instinct take over as she played. A million thoughts ran in Ai’s mind but she wasn’t going to let it show so she began to play her guitar alongside Risa. Soon, the band accompanied them and Risa’s voice began to be heard over the speakers.

“I'll never forget you, wasurenai wa anata no koto. Zutto soba ni itai kedo, nee shikata nai no ne. Aa, nakidashisou…”

~Flashback~

“Well first years! Welcome to Tsunku-world! In here we’ll explore your talents and bring forward that musical nature that lies within you! But we won’t know where exactly it’s hiding within you so we have to look for it right?!”

Every single first year looked at the teacher as if he were speaking anything other than Japanese and their confused gazes brought giggles to the person sitting at the back of the classroom.

“Tsunku-san I think you lost them with that speech!”

The teacher laughed and beckoned for the girl to come to the front of the classroom and introduce herself. She had a short boyish cut and a small freckle adorned her nose. But it was her smile that had caught the attention of the other students. Niigaki Risa 3rd year student at Morning Esko, future plans: go to college and study music so she can compose songs for the one she loves and teach others about that art.

“What Tsunku-sensei means is that to understand your talent you must know who you are. And the best way to do so is by creating a song based on your deepest feelings.”

“Yes, and this will be your introductory project. You will choose everything in the song; music, lyrics…everything. But don’t worry; both Niigaki-san and I will help you along the way. This project will be the first quarter of your semester grade. While you create your piece we’ll study about music.”

That had caught their attention and raised the excitement levels of all the students in the room and they were already taking out their notebooks and writing lyrics for their project. Ai was tuning her guitar when suddenly Risa had approached her with a curious expression. When she noticed the other’s presence; Ai bowed her head and introduced herself.

“Nice to meet you Takahahsi-san. Say, it’s interesting that instead of going over lyrics for your song you went ahead and picked up your guitar.”

Ai cast her gaze downwards since she thought she was being scolded by her sempai but Risa just smiled and told her that it was fine if she liked doing it like that because every musician is different. The girl then stood and approached other students in the room but something fell out of her pocket. Ai tried to stop her but when she saw that it was fruitless she opened the piece of paper. Over it was a music staff with notes scribbled on there and a clear title that read: ‘Romantic Ukare Mode’. Said piece was then placed in her own pocket when she heard the teacher clear his throat and speak once again.

“This road to write your own song can be rocky at times but let’s have your sempai sing her first year composition so that you could get inspired by it. She titled it ‘Never Forget’.”

~End Flashback~

“Kioku nante tanjun da ne, dakara kanashimi sae mo omoide da ne. Kitto mata aeru yo ne, kitto waraiaeru ne; kondo deau toki wa hitsuzen.”

Ai’s guitar solo had come up and the atmosphere at the funeral had changed to a familiar one surrounded by the music Tsunku loved so much. Then, every single student on the stage began to sing along Risa and the last part of the song conveyed every single person present’s feelings and it brought tearful smiles to them. There wasn’t a dry eye in the local as the song came to a close but it was Risa’s final words what officially opened the ceremony and made everyone understand the fact that he will always live in the music he loved.

“Tsunku-san. Arigato.”

Now, it was Ai’s turn and she expertly plucked her guitar. Said action caught Eri off guard since she had never once seen the woman play, even though she saw the guitar countless times in their closet, and it has been years since she had last heard her singing. Said happening was a bit more surprising than seeing Risa for the first time in five years and as Ai began to sing; the memories of the first time she had heard her do so came back into her mind.

~Flashback~

The first quarter of semester was coming to an end and everyone’s song was close to complete. Risa had overlooked almost all of the student’s work alongside Tsunku but it was one particular student who hadn’t asked for her help at all during the project. This new generation was greatly talented and the teacher was very proud of their individual projects.

So proud in fact that he spoke with his wife and the principal to get a spot at the school’s theatre and do a performance with all the songs. At said performance he, accompanied by Risa, his wife and some of his friends will grade the songs and performance.

“Ladies and gentlemen; now that we’re here there’s another surprise. Since this is a project for the music class I promised them a grade for the song. But actually I’ll give out another grade according to the performance and confidence in it.”

The crowd’s roar after his words was the cue to begin the set of performances. And when the first person came out, Eri jumped in her seat from the excitement. Ai came out with a microphone and a turtle teddy as the music began to play. It was a symbol for Eri to pay attention because that song was clearly dedicated to her.

A squeal came from the crowd as they thought about the lyrics and their cuteness. But not everyone was pleased. Risa sat up straight and held onto her seat so hard that her knuckles went white. Eri saw this clearly since she was sitting right behind the girl and the strange look the girl besides her gave her made her wonder about their relationship. But still her attention went back to Ai who was dancing and singing her own confession for Eri.

~End Flashback~

After Ai finished singing her song, a couple of renditions from the Beatles came and went and the band then took a short break. When the break came, Risa was guided by Miki towards the front of the building.

“I…Risa…”

Risa caressed Miki’s face and smiled at her before nodding her head. The art teacher couldn’t believe her lover had already sung at the funeral and that she had chosen to attend. But she also knew that Risa wouldn’t miss this. They both knew that it’s been too long. She shouldn’t hide anymore. And with that thought in mind, both held hands and reentered the local.

“Miki-chan, can you tell me who’s here?”

“Many people… but Nakazawa, Iida, Terada, and Takahashi are here…”

Miki whispered to Risa who only nodded but as they kept walking further a tap on both their shoulders caught their attention.

“Niigaki-san…”

The tap on the shoulders came from the school’s principal who held a smile for both women. She knew that Risa would attend the funeral since it was a request from her favorite teacher and she was truly grateful and happy to see her once again. Both Miki and Risa bowed to the teacher yet the latter kept her gaze focused on the ground as she said her softly spoken ‘hello’.

“I see your music has gotten even better than before Niigaki. I just hope your history abilities went through the same change. It will certainly sadden you former history teacher if you still think China’s capital is ‘Chan Pon Chan’."

Nakazawa’s laugh and small joke lightened the mood and the women giggled at the mistake once made by a young Risa. Menial conversations were made about how long it has been since they’ve last seen each other but clearly they were still dancing around the elephant in the room.

“Niigaki, I know why you haven’t shown yourself these past 5 years. But as of now you will not keep your head lowered. It’s not what the crazy old man had wanted for you. So; head’s up Gaki!”

The high spirited words made Risa smile and she did as instructed by her former teacher. Her lover was unsure about the whole situation but a gentle squeeze on her hand calmed her down. Miki didn’t really know the exact reason Risa had wanted to be apart from everyone, but this scenario was quite nostalgic for the both of them.

“Ah! Takahashi! Have you greeted your former classmate and co-star?”

Both Risa and Miki flinched after Nakazawa had called for Ai but they held their composure as the woman in question approached them with Eri by her side. For a couple of seconds everyone went quiet and Ai’s gaze stuck to the floor as Eri’s searched Risa’s face.

“Good afternoon Takahashi-san. I would have half expected Tsunku-san to have chosen your first original piece: Romantic Ukare Mode.”

Ai flinched at the stress Risa had made on the word ‘original’ but she just nodded and asked Risa how she had been these past five years. Miki noticed the tense atmosphere surrounding them as well as the bitterness with which her lover had spoken about the first song Ai had made for her project.

Ever since that evening the girl had performed; Risa had always been guarded in front of her. She half expected said tension to diminish after so many years without meeting each other but she was quite wrong.

“Say, Niigaki-san; you studied music in college didn’t you?” Nakazawa, who seemed unfazed by the tension within the group, innocently asked Risa as she pounded her fist on her opened palm.

“Yes…piano and composition…why?” Risa didn’t know where her teacher was getting to but she had learned to never question Nakazawa and just answer. Well…that and to never talk about age, marriage, and those dreadful and unsuccessful ‘omiai’.

“Well then, think about it. We are lacking a music teacher as of now and we all know just who would be perfect for that position. And not to sound desperate but Tsunku always talked about leaving his position to you if you ever wanted it.”

Risa turned serious once again and even without her vision she could sense everyone’s shocked expression as well as hear the silent sigh Miki gave. But nevertheless she did think about it for a second and the possibility of teaching music was a great opportunity to finally work doing what she loves instead of being a simple telephone assistance office lady.

“I’ll think about it Nakazawa-sensei.” It was a simple and ambiguous reply but Nakazawa knew that she would undoubtedly accept the offer.

Another set of instrumentals had ended right then and Risa asked Miki to take her back to the stage so that she could perform one last solo song for her teacher.

‘This is it. I’m sorry I couldn’t give it to you for your birthday but I won’t keep it for myself anymore.’

Already sitting in front of the piano; every single person present turned their attention towards Risa and she softly spoke into the microphone the fact that this was a song she had promised him 5 years ago and that she had titled it: ‘Mikazuki’.

“Zutto issho ni ita futari de aruita ipponmichi. Futatsu ni wakarete betsubetsu no hou aruiteku.”

The sad tune echoed across the local and Risa immersed herself in her song and looked deep within her soul for the strength to get her message across.
This was the first time she played this song after she had written it and she never thought that it could apply so much to the actual situation.

“Samishisa de afureta kono mune kakaete. Imanimo nakidashi souna sora miagete. Anata wo omotta...”

Memories of the reason why she had actually written the song as well as memories of the incidents that led her to delay her gift for five long years brought tears to her eyes. But here she was finally singing it after she was given a great offer.

‘Tsunku-san…you put my name up there hoping that I would show up and play today didn’t you? You planned all of this so that I could inherit your job…’

“Kimi ga inai yoru date: sou no more cry mou nakanaiyo. Ganbatte irukaranette, tsuyoku narukaranette. Kimi mo miteiru darou: kono kie souna mikaduki. Tsunagatte irukaranette, aishite irukaranette. Mikaduki ni te wo nobashita kimi ni todoke kono omoi.”

By the time the melody came to a close; Risa had a tearful smile on her face and a decision was made in her mind. She would make him proud and she would look for her eternal happiness in the beautiful world of music he loved so much. Her own crescent moon won’t be stuck at that state anymore; she will finally fill it up so it can shine brightly over the darkness she’s been shrouded in these past five years.

‘Thank you: Tsunku-san.’

There! Chapter 16! PS: Pay attention to the songs XD oh and Risa did sing Mikazuki at a dinner show with Ai. It's one of my favorite renditions of the song XD

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Another chance, Chapter 16 (august-12-2012)
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 04:52:25 AM »
lately you have been on a song binge within the stories XD

well its great Risa got to perform at the funeral
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Cloudy World