JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2Yoon - 24-7

Author Topic: Anti CyberCrime Law Act in The Philippines  (Read 4324 times)

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
Anti CyberCrime Law Act in The Philippines
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
Before, there was ACTA/SOPA, PIPA and other things that tried to prevent the freedom of expression/speech in the world but it was stopped because it needed more research. However, in the Philippines, just because of the blunder of a certain senator while siding with the Anti RH Bill Issue, this was suddenly 'signed into approval' and will be passed and effective on October 3.

Please, please, please. Help us spread the word and please, please, please sign the petition!

Click Here to Sign the Petition!

It does not only mean things like torrenting and filesharing, but even a simple thing like a facebook status can get you jailed if someone thought it was offending can sue for libel right away. It's really unfair, so please, please, please help. :(

Also if you want to follow the issue where it all began, please read these article:
http://antipinoy.com/emergency-post-philippine-style-libel-in-the-internet-sotto-and-the-cybercrime-prevention-act-of-2012%E2%80%B3/

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this post, but please move it on where it should be accordingly >_< Thank you!
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: Anti CyberCrime Law Act in The Philippines
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:44:44 AM »
Cybercrime law is suspended by Philippines court
The Philippines' top court has suspended a controversial law targeting cybercrime, following protests by critics who say it stifles free speech.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19881346

Good of the court to step in, but still pretty sad that it got this far in the first place. The senator who pushed for the libel clause is a real asshat. :thumbdown: Y'all need another EDSA march!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »
Agreed, and now he's denying that he added it in the law. tsk tsk.
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline MrQRS

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
wow worlds really gonna end law makers are making more and more BS laws
Advent to the top

Offline marisado

• Mariko Shinoda's #1 Fan
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
he's denying that he added it in the law.
can't admit that he screwed up huh :doh:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2Yoon - 24-7