JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Telecaster no Shinjitsu

Author Topic: Sayashi Riho to graduate from Morning Musume on December 31st  (Read 16806 times)

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
Sayashi Riho to graduate from Morning Musume on December 31st
« on: October 29, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-concerning-riho-sayashi/967417713317146

Wow, I... I really didn't see this coming. Like, at all. Just when I was starting to really like her too. At least she's going to stay with H!P but who knows if it will be as a soloist or if she'll just sort of be there like Aika.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: Sayashi Riho to graduate from Morning Musume on December 31st
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »
Man, I grew to really like Riho as well..... and while I'm shocked at the little bit of notification we get, I'm kind of not shocked that she's decided to graduate? I know we've kind of talked about it, but it really does seem like the pressure was getting to her, esp. after being hospitalized and also the whole deal with everyone criticizing her weight (and videos after, showing her clearly trying to cover her stomach? I can't link it now, but there was one video where they were playing some English game in their SUKATTO outfits, and Riho's arm like NEVER left from being across her stomach and it was really worrisome and sad).

And she's only just now 17 and she's been pushed and pushed since the beginning. I love her voice most of the time, but sometimes during concerts it just seems strained and tired which is not good.

Apparently, according UF's Facebook, she'll still remain an H!P member though. So who knows what that means?

I'll definitely miss her and it will be so weird to have the group without her.... but I'm actually happy she's getting some seemingly well-deserved time off.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:17:39 PM »
WHY THE ACTUAL FUCKING SHIT??

I'm not expecting any of the current MoMusu members to have stints as long as Aichan, Sayu, or Risa; but for Kami's sake she's just 17 & has only been in the group for FOUR YEARS!

Is "the-flagship-of-H!P" reverting to '3-5 years then graduated off' policy of pre-2008?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:30:43 PM »
WHY THE ACTUAL FUCKING SHIT??

I'm not expecting any of the current MoMusu members to have stints as long as Aichan, Sayu, or Risa; but for Kami's sake she's just 17 & has only been in the group for FOUR YEARS!

Is "the-flagship-of-H!P" reverting to '3-5 years then graduated off' policy of pre-2008?

I feel like with the yearly name change, they're going to try to have some sort of lineup change every year as well. I don't think it's a coincidence that she's leaving the same day as the next name change

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »
Announcement (Riho Sayashi)
2015-10-30 00:31:55NEW !
テーマ:ブログ
Translation of Riho Sayashi's blog post: http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entry-12089659596.html

Thank you for always supporting Morning Musume '15.

There's something I need to announce to everyone.

I, Sayashi Riho,
will graduate from Morning Musume. on 12/31 of this year.

I joined Morning Musume. when I was in 6th grade after admiring them since kindergarten, and in the 5 years since, beginning with Tsunku♂san, all the various staff-san, all the Morning Musume. and Hello! Project members, as well as above anyone all the fans, have continued to support me as I've continued to run forward up until today.

However, while continue to run forward, I've been thinking a lot about my future life especially this year.
It got me thinking that as a single person, don't I have to experience lots of different things in order to live strongly?

I consulted with the agency staff many times, and decided to graduate with this timing after seeing the growth of my 12th gen member kouhai.

Concerning my graduation day, I've decided to graduate on the last day of "Morning Musume '15" at the 12/31 countdown live, which is also exactly my 5th anniversary in the group. As for a Morning Musume. tour, 12/7 and 8 at the Nippon Budoukan will be my last.

I'm sorry for the sudden announcement.
I think I've surprised you.
But I've been thinking hard about this the whole time up until now.
This decision is what has derived from that.

In the future, I'd like to study English and dance abroad.
Through that, I want to work hard to learn from many experiences and mature greatly so that I can return quickly.

Though I only have 2 months left until graduation,
until then I want to be entirely devoted to "Morning Musume '15" along with the other members.

Since I want to run up until 12/31 with all my strength, everyone please support me!

Morning Musume. '15
Sayashi Riho

http://ameblo.jp/iluvatarin/entry-12089786323.html

:(

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:53:18 PM by oaxiac »

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 05:37:35 PM »
I'm literally speechless right now.

This is the last thing I expected, and I honestly don't know how to react to it.

Graduations are inevitable. I should be used to them by now, but why does my chest hurt so much? I hate this, I really do. It's happening all over again. It hasn't even been a year since Sayu's graduation, and my heart is breaking all over again. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother... I'm gonna stop right here before I say something stupid that I'm sure I'll regret later on...

---

I might edit this once my emotions aren't a big jumbled mess. However, the idea of being in denial and pretending none of this is happening is looking very appealing to me at the moment...

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
wtf is happening to H!P? tsunku leaves and all hell breaks loose  :thumbdown:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »
:shocked

THIS SHIT RIDICULOUS

I'M SO APPALLED

Yes, I'm quoting from Kanye West's MBDTF album, since I experienced that album at the same time as the 9th gen auditions were wrapping up. Has it already been 5 years since both???

This is definitely not the kind of news I wanna wake up to in the morning. But I think the most shocking thing about this is how soon her last appearance as a member will be. Only two months away??? Not even Koharu got fastracked this quickly (and I'm convinced Koharu was chased out of the group).

Of course, circumstances are different for this. The fact that Riho will still remain a member of H!P after leaving really helps ease the sting of this development, and the desire to study overseas and learn English will make this very interesting to see. Will this be the standard New Zealand vacation? Or perhaps coming to the United States to work with American dancers? (I actually know a choreographer in SoCal that I'd love to see work with H!P someday)

I wanna say more, but I'm at work right now...plus I'm still in shock.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »
So..........................now what? o.o
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!??!?!?!?!?!?!

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
I had the same reaction as J-Tri to be honest although I wasn't expecting she be the first one from the current lineup to graduate :nervous

Sometimes it is just being up in front limits you in doing stuff that would prevent you from going forward although how much can she get beyond this but hoping for the best in the future and at least seeing her one last time in concert this year was a plus...
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »
When New Year's Eve/2016 New Year we begin the "so who's next" speculation all over again. And repeat annually.

In other words, Up-Front's H!P goes back to how it normally was
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »
Now that I've had time to step back and think about it, I wonder how her graduation will actually play out. If she's graduating at the countdown show, will the rest of HP take part and not just MM? What will her graduation song be? The only song I can think of is TokiKoe but that feels too recent.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
Rihoriho~ I'm not ready~

I mean seeing that she's the current ace and lead member, there could not have been a more shocking grad announcement, thinking about the entire group...

I think it still hasn't really sunk in for me.

I felt like MM was "reborn" when 9th gen joined, and it's so strange to already lose someone from that gen. Time flies!

Riho has worked so hard though. Looking back, thinking of the kind of role she was given right at the start, it's insane that she was able to pull through that (and do it so well). Maybe now she finally feels like she can afford to step back, and unfortunately it's not possible for her to do that as a member of Momusu because she has been put into that ace position.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 11:22:02 PM »
Kinda strange that these three sites often are not in sync with regards to when they post the same bit of news (eg. say one will post about something on day 1, the other two sites will post about the same news/event on day 2 or even day 3/4), but for this, not only have they all posted about it on the same day, they've all posted about it within 24 hours of it being announced.

Morning Musume '15 member Sayashi Riho to graduate from the group
October 29, 2015

On October 29, Morning Musume '15 member Sayashi Riho (17) announced that she will be graduating from the group on December 31 which is the day of Hello! Project's countdown live concert "Hello!Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2015 ~ GOOD BYE & HELLO ! ~."

Regarding the reason for her graduation, she explained on the blog that she had many opportunities to think about her future this year which made her realize there were things she needed to experience in order for her to live strongly as a human being.

She also wrote, "I decided to graduate from Morning Musume at this time as I was able to feel the growth of the 12th generation members."

According to Sayashi, she is planning to go abroad to study English and dancing.

On the blog, while looking back at the past 5 years since she joined the group, she thanked Tsunku♂, staff members, her fellow members, and the fans. She stated that she was able to keep running until today because of the support from them, and also apologized to the fans for the sudden announcement.

"Though it's only 2 months away till the graduation, I will fulfill my 'Morning Musume '15' days along with the members. I'm planning to put my all until December 31, so please support me," she wrote.

Source & Image: Oricon + Morning Musume '15 Q-ki blog
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/10/morning-musume-15-member-sayashi-riho-to-graduate-from-the-group
- http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2061530/full/
- http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/theme-10059757602.html

Sayashi Riho to Graduate from Morning Musume. ’15 on December 31

It has been announced that Sayashi Riho will graduate from Morning Musume. ’15 on December 31st, 2015, just two days shy of the 5th anniversary of her entrance into the long-running idol group.

In January 2011, Sayashi was one of four girls chosen to join the group’s 9th generation and made her debut with the song “Majidesuka Suka“. Touted as the ace, she was pushed into becoming one of the group’s central figures and one of the main vocalists; essentially the face of the group, especially since Sayumi Michishige’s depature from the group in 2014.

Achieving her life-long dream of becoming a member of Morning Musume, she felt it was time to move on and continue to develop her skills. Sayashi will remain within Hello! Project following her graduation, but has plans to study abroad to improve her English and dance with plans to return as a performer at a later date.

Sayashi made this announcement through a post on her personal blog last night:

Thank you for your continued support towards Morning Musume。’15.

I have to make an announcement to all of you.

I, Riho Sayashi,
    Will graduate from Morning Musume。 on December 31st of this year.

Since kindergarten, I wanted to take part at the group Morning Musume。 and I became a member when I was 12 years. During 5 years, I started with Tsunku♂-san and continued until now with the support of many staff,
    with all the Morning Musume。 and Hello! Project members, and more than anything, with the fans.

However, I thought during this year many times about continuing like this in my future life.
    As a human alone, I started to think if there were things that I have to experience in order to live strongly?

I have discussed many times with the people of the company, and I decided to graduate after I checked the growth of the 12th generation kohai this year.
    Concerning the day of my graduation, I had the privilege on deciding the graduation on the last day of the “Morning Musume。’15” on December 31st during the Countdown Live.
    Concerning the Morning Musume。’s tour, the last performances will be on December 7th and 8th at the Budokan.

I am really sorry for the abrupt news.
    I think this is quite a surprise.
    But until now, inside of me, it has worried me.
    And it has led me to this decision.

From now, I think I want to study abroad and learn more English and dance.
Then with those experiences I will mature much more, and I will try my best to come back as soon as possible.

There are 2 months left until then, but until this moment with all the members I will do everything we have to do for “Morning Musume。’15”.

Until December 31st, I want to run through everything with all my power so please continue to support me!

Hello! Project and C-ute leader Yajima Maimi took to her blog to comment on the surprising announcement: “For everyone, I’m sure that it’s sad and you can’t overcome your feelings when a member you support graduates, but I think deciding to level up your life experiences and skill is a really positive thing.”

Sayashi will continue her group activities up through Hello! Project’s special countdown live concert “COUNTDOWN PARTY 2015 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~“.

The concert event celebrating the New Year and Sayashi’s graduation will take place on December 31, 2015 at Nakano Sun Plaza.
- http://aramajapan.com/news/music/sayashi-riho-to-graduate-from-morning-musume-15-on-december-31/51723/
- https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-concerning-riho-sayashi/967417713317146

Morning Musume.15′ Riho Sayashi Announces Graduation from the Group on December 31st

It is announced that Riho Sayashi will graduate Morning Musume.15′ on December 31st, 2015.

She is the 9th generation member and made her CD debut with “Maji Desu ka Suka!” in 2011. About reason of her graduation, the official announcement says that it is to concentrate more on her skill up on her dance in another way. On the 9th generation members’ blog, she says she wants to study study English and dance abroad.

She leaves Morning Musume. but she will still remain Hello! Project after the graduation, according to the official website. Her blog also says that she wants to “come back” (not clear where it is though) after her study abroad.

Although it’s too sudden and shocking announcement, but it is fully understandable because she is still seventeen. It must be exciting if she comes back with more skills and experience, isn’t it?
- http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/riho-sayashi-graduation-20151064191.html

On a less-sombre thought, who's going to take over the "hentai" character in the group in 2016?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 12:59:06 AM »
I was already planning to go to the Budokan concert but now I'm going to be sure to get up in the middle of the night to make sure I can get those tickets! And I guess I will be going to the countdown concert after all...

It is surprising that Riho is leaving and that she's leaving so fast but like others have said she does seem to be under a lot of pressure so maybe this is what she needs/wants. Doesn't mean I'm not really sad about it. I saw this last night and just kind of turned off my computer in denial but nope it's still true.

I am happy/hopeful about the fact that she'll still be in H!P... though technically Mitsui is still in H!P and we don't see much of her. Hopefully Riho's ace status will insure her some performance time.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 05:27:02 AM »

For a less, ahem, emotional (to put it nicely) answer, here's my own wild speculation:

I've been dwelling on this news all day at work, and while of course I'm shocked and saddened by it, I also thought it through and am now very curious and cautiously excited for what the possible master plan could be.

Riho is on a fasttracked graduation. She's leaving Morning Musume, but not Hello Project. She mentioned wanting to learn English overseas.

I see someone mentioned Aika, who, similarly, was fasttracked into graduating Momusu (although due to notable injuries in her case) but not H!P, then later went overseas to learn English...and came back to work as a reporter for Up Front Link.

Despite the clusterfuck except not really temporary hitch known as the YouTube Reddening, Up Front has made it clear that H!P is aiming for a worldwide reach. The subtitled music videos, sending Aika to New Zealand, the New York concert, the drafting of Miki Nonaka, the recording of an English lyric song for an English-speaking TV show...all signs point to this continuing. Riho Sayashi could be the new centerpiece of this ambitious quest. So far these international skills have been relegated to side gimmicks and lesser members: Coconuts Musume and Minimoni in the past, Aika currently, and Miki, who despite a promising future is still a new girl. Now imagine if the flagship member of the flagship group was also able to communicate with everyone both inside and outside Japan!

These attempts by the company to reach beyond Japan could have been important learning experinces and experiments, and Riho's graduation could be the next step. But we can also look at the most recent single: "Oh My Wish" and the aptly-titled "Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki" seemed to be experiements themselves as well, with Riho taking a backseat to "lesser" members to see how well such configurations could fly. With the resulting success of that single, perhaps management now has enough faith in the rest of the group to shake things up a bit. This past year has already been a test to see how well H!P can fare with Tsunku in a reduced role; how will Morning Musume '16 do without their ace? Maybe a new ace within their ranks is ready to rise...if Riho's time is up, this girl's time is now, doot doo-doot doooooo. 8)

I'm also excited for Riho herself. She gets a chance to experience what life is like outside of H!P, while building on her existing passions and skills. Maybe she's aiming for the United States, where we have prime time TV shows like So You Think You Can Dance and America's Best Dance Crew, so she can learn from the top tier stars and teachers of the biggest media market. Maybe she's still embarrassed by "Watsugozara Kamozaland" and her New York intro and wants to conquer that barrier. Someone mentioned her weight concerns, so maybe she wants to experience some cultures where one doesn't have to be delicately stick-thin to be considered healthy. If you love your child, send her out into the world. ;)

And again, she will still be a Hello Project member. If all else fails, she still has a home to come back to. She can easily parlay her current ace status, combined with whatever she may learn on the outside, into something moderately successful, if not a solo career then perhaps a new group beholden to her own leadership, and without the baggage of Momusu's history. Who knows, maybe management will do the crazy thing and bring her back into the group after her absence! It's not like learning new dances will be difficult for her (but then again, she'll be older and possibly slower).

I'm sad for Morning Musume to lose such a key member so quickly. I'm sad for the 9th generation being broken up already. But we've come a long way since the days when Riho was nothing but some random 12-year-old joining a "dead" group, and I wanna see how this crazy development turns out.

This would be the part where I post that Tsunku "goddamn genius" image macro, but he's not calling the shots anymore. so who do we blame now when things go wrong
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »
Wishing the best to Riho chan, who always struck me as this absolutely normal and likable girl that everyone would support...
Who also has major dancing talent. She has grown to be such a fine young woman, and again I think anyone who would meet her would think
'Wow! What a beautiful soul!'

Mayu Matsuoka certainly got it right! And so did so many fans who met her in New York...

So keep on keeping on Riho chan, you have the love and respect and thanks of many, many people!

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
I teach English in Tokyo and all my students know I love Hello! Project so they've been asking me about his all day lol. Glad I already knew (unlike with the Tsunku stepping down thing cause a student told me that first).

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »

On a less-sombre thought, who's going to take over the "hentai" character in the group in 2016?

No one. Those shoes are impossible to fill.   :cry:

Probably Iikubo  :lol:

News

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Telecaster no Shinjitsu