Author Topic: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 10 (04/03/2017)  (Read 10841 times)

Offline Guacamoolee

• Silent reader
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 2 (17/10/2016)
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 02:25:59 AM »
Waaaaaa~ Jurina got a humanoid robot, that's cool!!!!
Now I can imagine Rena had an AI like Jarvis at her home. Just how cool is that  :on lol:

The door closed on the robot who never had time to finish his sentence, and he glanced sadly at the forgotten umbrella in the basket near the front door. The weather forecast had announced rain this morning. Her poor mistress was going to get wet.

Again.

As long as I remember, rain was never a bad luck for Jurina. It was always a relieve instead. Like when she met Rena for the first time and how they ended up having a dinner date in the first chapter. Rain united them!!!  :mon inluv:
Now I'm looking forward to what will happen this time :3
I hope another good things will happen, let's see~  :mon dance:
Lastly, thanks for writing as always Soph-san!!
 :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »
Jurina must be a very nostalgic person. Not only that she listens to old songs (and old radio station), she also names her robot Alfred
- a very loyal butler character from a fictional superhero universe from more than a hundred years ago.

When I read the first paragraph you shared on twitter, I thought I read Destiny's update ^^" So when it came to this passage
>> "...her humanoid robot had set her alarm clock.." I was confused hehe..

Ps. It's the first appearance of Alfred but I've already liked him  :cathappy:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Long live Twin Towers! Long live WMatsui!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
    • +RukaKikuchi
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
Alfred is so cute!

OMG Jurina talking in her sleep! >w<

Don't get shy about it, J. It's adorable~! ;3

Update soon! :D

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
The character of Alfred, seems lovely.
I loved it.

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 3 (01/11/2016)
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 08:40:49 AM »
CHAPTER 3

Jurina was starting to wonder if the odds were not truly against her. The sun was shining brightly over her head when she stepped out of her apartment, and it was now pouring hard as she was making her way to the office. Had she done something terribly bad in another life? Because she certainly didn’t remember doing anything wrong in this one that justified what she was currently going through. No, she was not going to be late – which was of course an undeniable relief – but she was unfortunately going to be completely drenched by the time she arrived at the office. The disturbing prospect didn’t appeal to her in the least.

“Why didn’t Alfred warn me about the rain?” Jurina muttered under her breath. She was desperately trying to dodge the drops, protecting her head as best as she could underneath her black, leather jacket. That’s because he was obsessed with my ‘dream’, it messed up his program, Jurina mused in frustration as she finally saw in the distance a familiar 25-floor building. I absolutely need to do something about it when I go home tonight.

Jurina quickened her pace, more than relieved when the golden plate indicating Matsui corporation finally appeared. She exchanged a polite few words with the familiar guard, before hastily making her way in. Jurina removed her black jacket from over her head, wincing when she noted its terrible state. She loved that leather jacket more than anything. It would probably take all day long to dry.

Jurina ran her fingers through her hair, realizing her jacket ended up doing a better job than she expected as her hair was still mostly dry. That was a small but not insignificant consolation considering that – after taking a look at herself - the rest of her appearance was a total mess. Jurina moved forward in the hallway, hearing her watch emitting a sound. A quick glance at it told her she still had five minutes left.

The 24-year-old girl walked decisively towards the elevators, sending a smile to the two women at the reception on her way. Usually, she would go up to their desk and take a few minutes to chat a little with them, but she knew it was not an option this morning. However, even if she met their eyes very briefly, their amused reactions certainly didn’t go unnoticed. One thing for sure: her terrible appearance was entertaining them quite a lot. 

Jurina pretended not to see anything to focus on her objective, and she entered in the first elevator that was just about to close, knowing she didn’t have the luxury to wait for another. She wasn’t late yet, but it didn’t mean her time wasn’t limited. Her eyes widened in surprise when she stepped in, and noticed that it was already occupied by one person. Someone she hadn’t stopped thinking about for the last nine hours. 

“Rena-san… Hi,” A broad smile plastered her face at the unexpected view of her employer. The woman who was only two years older than her was wearing a black trench coat – the belt still carefully closed around her waist – along with a matching pair of long leather boots. It didn’t take long for Jurina to observe that her hair and clothes were perfectly dry, and she concluded she had been much more cautious than her when it came to the weather. Somehow, it didn’t really come as a surprise to her.

“Hello, Jurina-san,” The head of Matsui corporation returned the smile warmly, but Jurina didn’t miss her concern as she scanned her from head to toe. “You’re wet. Did you forget to take your umbrella?”

“Alfred didn’t warn me about the rain,” Jurina lamented, not liking one bit the terrible view she was offering, especially to her employer. When she noticed the latter’s puzzlement, she realized she was missing a crucial piece of information. That’s right. She had not mentioned him during their dinner last night. “Alfred is my humanoid robot.”

“Oh… I see,” Rena murmured. “I don’t have a robot.”

Jurina didn’t blink at the statement. She remembered indeed the older girl mentioning at some point during their dinner her certain dislike for excessive technology. It appeared the head of Matsui corporation was not particularly fond of what society had progressively become. A society that, according to her own words, was gradually losing its humanity. In fact, Matsui corporation was one of the last companies in the country that still had a large proportion of human employees.

Was it part of the reason why this time machine project was so important to her? Because, in a way, she was still more turned towards the past, and interested in what it still had to offer?

Jurina would lie if she said she didn’t share her view on more than a few matters. She herself remained sometimes a great nostalgic of the good old days. In fact, it had taken her quite some time before making the decision to acquire a personal humanoid robot. When it came to Alfred, it was a choice she never regretted. Not only was he a very advanced and intelligent robot, his company was greatly appreciated when she went back to her apartment after a long day of work. She couldn’t imagine her life anymore without the little robot that shared her life those last three years.

Jurina jolted out of her reverie when she noticed that the older girl was still giving her clothes her preoccupying look, and she sent her a reassuring smile when their eyes met. “Don’t worry, I have clean clothes at the office. I’ll change when I arrive.”

It was a precaution she had taken after the unfortunate incident that happened a little more than a month ago, a decision that she couldn’t possibly regret now that the past had unfortunately decided to repeat itself.

“Do you remember our first meeting?” Jurina asked, recalling every single detail of that morning in particular. Oh yes, the situation had definitely been very embarrassing to her when she crossed path with that women she had - at the time - no idea would become her future employer, but it was also somewhat a fond memory. Because it was the very time she stumbled upon that person who would end up becoming so important to her eyes.

“I do,” Rena confirmed, finally tearing her eyes away from her appearance to focus her attention on her. “You had also forgotten your umbrella that day and were a bit… wet.”

“You mean I was completely soaked from head to toe,” Jurina corrected, a bit amused the older girl was still trying to be polite by minimizing the facts. “You were so respectful and nice; despite the terrible view I was evidently offering.”

“It wasn’t… terrible,” Rena started, but knew her tone was far from convincing when her interlocutor arched an eyebrow in a mix of amusement and skepticism. “Alright,” she conceded with a light smile, “it was not the best way to make a first good impression for a job interview.”

“I looked terrible,” Jurina leaned her back against the wall behind her. A small sigh escaped her lips, and she watched distractively the numbers of the floors changing as the elevator was progressively leading them to floor 22. “I still don’t understand why you hired me,” Jurina admitted, still somewhat amazed by the positive outcome of that day. “In your shoes, I would have thought twice.”

“You had the best résumé amongst all candidates,” Rena stated. “Which reasons did I have to hesitate?”

Jurina glanced back at her. Oh no, it was certainly not the first time someone praised her impressive résumé. She had heard the compliment falling from many employers’ lips in the past. However, this time it was different. Different because it was this person in particular who was saying those words, and it moved her more than with anyone else.

“Thank you,” Jurina smiled sincerely. “Thank you for giving me a chance.”

Jurina didn’t look away a single time as she uttered those words, hoping deep down the other girl would understand the message she was really trying to convey. Of course, she was more than grateful to have been given the opportunity to work on this incredible project, but there was another hidden meaning behind her words.

“Rena-san,” she started, a certain question now threatening to fall from her lips. She had had such a good time the previous evening in her company, that she wished to reiterate the experience at all costs. However, for an unknown reason, the offer refused to come out. Yesterday, she managed to fight her nervousness effectively and ask her employer out. So why was she unable to do it again right now?

Oh yes, her employer was a very unique and special woman. In fact, she had never met anyone like her before in her entire life. Not only was she a very hard-working woman – Matsui corporation was one of the leading companies in the country - she had a certain charisma surrounding her that made her seem almost unreachable. Rena Matsui was impressive. Why else did she wait so long to ask her out otherwise?

She was going to suggest a second date, Jurina had no doubt about that. However, the current look she was now giving her - both very attentive and expectant - was not really helping in calming her nerves. Her heart was now throbbing at the prospect of what she was about to ask and for a minute, she wished the older girl didn’t have such an impact on her. Never before in her life did she find herself such at a loss for words when it came to asking someone on a date.

“I had a very good time last night,” Rena was surprisingly the one to break the silence between them. “Thank you for inviting me.”

“I…” Jurina was momentarily caught off guard by what she just had uttered. Yes, she could tell the older girl had indeed enjoyed herself last evening – some emotions simply couldn’t be faked – but there was nothing so pleasant as getting the confirmation by hearing the words out loud. “I’m glad,” she continued with a smile, feeling a sudden regain of courage after Rena’s encouraging statement. “Would you like… to go out with me again some time?”

“Of course,” Rena nodded softly. “I would love to.”

Jurina didn’t know if it was because she was ecstatic at the positive reply, but her heart was now beating uncontrollably inside her chest. Maybe that explained why she didn’t think about what she was really saying when she made enthusiastically her next offer. “What about dinner tonight?”

Jurina froze instantly when she finally realized what she had blurted out. Tonight? What on earth was she thinking? It was obvious the older girl was going to refuse! She was going way too fast! Just because she had surprisingly agreed yesterday to a first date – and it had gone so well - didn’t mean she should jump the guns! She absolutely needed to right the wrong immediately.

“No, I didn’t…” Jurina tried desperately to come back on her words when she noticed the older girl’s speechless expression, but only ended up stuttering foolishly like a kid. She was so ashamed of what she had dared to stupidly suggest, that she couldn’t even look her in the eye anymore. “Of course, not tonight. I meant…”

“I don’t mind tonight,” Rena’s assured voice brought her attention back to her. “It’s just that I have a meeting until 8 PM. Isn’t it going to be too late?”

Jurina stared at her in incredulity. Did the older girl really agree to her invitation so fast and… easily? She studied her carefully as if to try and assess if she didn’t mishear, but the older girl didn’t look hesitant at all.

“I don’t mind waiting,” Jurina replied when she finally found her voice back. She was still having a hard time processing the fact her offer had received an unpredictable positive reply, but she was definitely not going to let this opportunity pass. “I’ll wait as long as it takes.”

It was almost 9 PM when Rena finally left the conference room at floor 11, and walked towards the elevator. Her thoughts went towards her young assistant as soon as she got in, and pressed hurriedly the number 22. When she went into her meeting at 7 PM, she strongly believed it wouldn’t take more than an hour. In the end, it had taken twice that time. Rena didn’t appreciate it when events took such an unexpected turn, and she immediately had sent her assistant a text when she realized her meeting was going to take longer than planned.

Much as she was looking forward to their second date, it was unconceivable to her to make her wait any further. It was already quite late, and she had no idea how long this meeting was still going to take, considering a few unexpected issues had suddenly been brought up halfway through. That’s why the first thing she did was to apologize in her text, before suggesting to postpone their dinner to another day.

A few seconds later, she received a short reply on her phone. That’s alright. I’ll wait.

The answer startled her a little, but she chose not to insist. Of course, it touched her immensely that the younger girl was so kindly willing to wait a little more for her, but unease progressively filled her chest when she saw time passing by, and the meeting showing no sign of ending anytime soon. Yes, she had the power to put an end to it anytime if she wished. After all, she was the CEO of this corporation. However, she couldn’t possibly cut short this meeting in particular. It was too important. And to top it all, her presence was absolutely required until the last minute.

When she stepped out of the elevator a few minutes later, she strongly hoped that – even if her assistant had not warned her about leaving – she had changed her mind and agreed to her suggestion. It was terribly late. Apart from the people participating at the meeting, everybody had already left the building ages ago.

What she saw as she walked in floor 22 confirmed her doubts. Her assistant was still very present, and the last occupant of the entire floor. It appeared her long day of work managed to get the best of her, as her head was now resting on top of her desk. Rena couldn’t help but feel guilty at the scene she was witnessing, knowing she was partly responsible for it. Of course, her assistant didn’t listen and waited. She was looking forward to their second date as much as she was.

Rena reduced the distance with her assistant’s desk, and murmured as she leaned over her sleeping form. “Jurina-san…”

Despite the calling of her name the younger girl didn’t bulge, her eyes remaining tightly shut. Rena took a seat in the chair next to her, her attention drawn to the screen facing the sleeping girl. Her assistant was still working on the plans of the time machine when she fell asleep.

Once again, Rena got the confirmation that Jurina was truly a committed person when it came to her work. How many times did she hear her wishing to stay a bit later at the office to work on the time machine? Rena could tell she enjoyed working on this project very much. Jurina thrived on challenges. Many believed Rena was trying to accomplish the impossible. Building a time machine? A foolish dream!

Not Jurina. In fact, she had never seen anyone display so much passion during a job interview. Never did Jurina believe this project was going to fail, despite all its unknown parameters. No, she was incapable of saying when the time machine would be operational, but she never doubted once in her capacities to succeed. And her unfailing motivation was a driving force for all the scientists and employees working on floor 22.

Dedication was a trait of personality Rena definitely appreciated when it came to her employees but when it came to her assistant, it went a little further than that. Jurina wasn’t just very competent and professional, she was also incredibly stubborn. And it appeared her stubbornness didn’t only apply to her work, but also to her personal life.

Rena’s eyes fell back on her assistant, and she swept over her sleeping form. Jurina could behave like a real tomboy when she started to flirt with the other women of the floor, which was actually amusing considering she was actually a very feminine girl in the first place. Her jet-black hair that fell just underneath her shoulders. Her long eyelashes. Her delicate features and flawless skin. The dimples that appeared at the corner of her mouth when she flashed one of her most beautiful smiles. Was it truly a surprise that many people – men and women included - felt attracted to her the very moment they laid eyes on her?

“Do you realize the effect you’re having on me?” Rena whispered as her contemplation seemed to reach no end. She had completely fallen under the charm of her assistant. This feeling was definitely strange to her, considering she had never meddled with matters of the heart before. As long as she remembered she had always been an introvert lonely girl, preferring focusing on her books and studies than on casual flings.

After her father’s sudden death, she got completely invested in the company. Yes, she got sometimes asked on a date, but she always politely declined. Not only wasn’t she interested in the prospect, she didn’t believe to have enough time for something serious anyway. When her best friend Akane unexpectedly got into a relationship with her new Human resources manager, she observed them interacting with a certain curiosity.

Akane and her were similar on so many aspects, whether it was their way of thinking, or personality wise. Never once did Akane mention her desire to get involved with someone. In fact, she never dated anyone during their years together at university. That’s why she couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw the improbable development of her relationship with the woman named Airi she had recently hired as her new Human resources manager.

They clicked immediately, and didn’t even try to make their romantic relationship a secret. Even if they had tried, their affection for each other would have been obvious to anyone. A simple look at them was enough to deduce that they were madly in love with each other. Rena didn’t always know how to react when her friend spoke about those strong feelings she harbored for Airi. At first, Rena even believed it was just a simple crush, and it would quickly go away. She couldn’t have been more far away from the truth.

Now, Rena was starting to catch a glimpse of what her best friend had described to her all these months. She and Jurina had only been on one date yet, but there was no denying it had gone extremely well. It had been so pleasant, that she didn’t see time passing by in her presence. Her assistant was very handsome - there was no doubt about that - but the attraction was not mere physical. There were so many aspects of her personality that she found appealing. Intelligence, wit and kindness were just a few of them. A smile unexpectedly grazed her lips at the fond memory of their first dinner together.

Rena extended her arm on the table to reach for Jurina’s hand, knowing she needed to wake her up. She didn’t truly have the heart to do so - especially when she looked so peaceful in her sleep – but she didn’t have much choice in the matter. Encircling her fingers gently she squeezed them lightly, waiting for a reaction.

This time, the action did have the desired effect as Jurina progressively stirred and her sleepy eyes fell on her. Rena found it a bit comical the way they first gazed at her in confusion, before widening in realization when her young assistant saw who was sitting next to her.

“Rena-san?” she spoke up in a groggy voice, straightening up in her seat. “Did I fall asleep? What time is it?”

“It’s already very late…” Rena retracted her hand, before shooting her a concerned look. “I told you to go home. Why didn’t you?”

“Because I told you I would wait,” Jurina answered matter-of-factly. “I always stick to my words.”

“I can see that,” Rena smiled warmly.

“We still have time to go to a restaurant if you wish,” Jurina suggested hesitantly after checking the time on her computer. “I’m afraid my reservation has been cancelled by now, but I’m sure we can find a few good places.”

She had made a reservation? Rena widened her eyes slightly at the revelation. On one hand, she couldn’t help feeling guiltier now about her tardiness but on the other, she was deeply moved by her assistant’s thoughtful attention. “Alright,” Rena agreed, smiling a little when Jurina’s eyes lit up immediately. “But this time, I’m inviting you.”

A frown fell upon her assistant’s face, and Rena guessed she was about to protest. However, she didn’t give her time to add a single word as she placed her index against her lips hastily. “I won’t change my mind on this subject, so don’t even try.”

The decisive words definitely took her assistant off guard, considering she stared back at her in utter surprise. For a minute, Rena wondered if she was going to insist. However, even though it appeared her assistant was having a hard time accepting her offer, she still nodded after a little while. Satisfied, she removed her finger, only to feel her assistant catching her hand and pulling onto her arm softy.

They had never been so close before, but the sudden unexpected proximity didn’t put her ill-at-ease. Rena didn’t know how long they looked into each other’s eyes. Jurina truly had a magnetic effect on her, and she could feel herself gradually getting lost in her alluring brown eyes. The thought of resisting never crossed her mind when her assistant leaned forward the moment after.

Rena relished the pleasant sensation of her assistant’s light breath caressing her skin, and she read easily her affection for her in those eyes that were not leaving hers. Her intention was easy to guess when she noticed her eyes falling briefly on her lips.

Even if her assistant had been bold enough to make so many first steps, she was hesitant to proceed with her next action. Rena wanted nothing more than to reassure her that she had nothing to fear. The desire was mutual; they both wanted the same thing. Even if she had never done anything like that in her entire life, there was no use denying what her heart truly yearned for.

The words left her lips naturally. “Kiss me, Jurina.”

Rena fluttered her eyes close when she felt fingers cupping her cheek tentatively, and her heart skipped a beat when a pair of lips captured hers in a tender kiss.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:23:12 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- Warriors | On hiatus (will return in December 2017)
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Feedback is deeply appreciated, and comments motivate me to write!

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:50 PM »

The words left her lips naturally. “Kiss me, Jurina.”

Rena fluttered her eyes close when she felt fingers cupping her cheek tentatively, and her heart skipped a beat when a pair of lips captured hers in a tender kiss.

I know it's just a kiss. But....  :mon angel:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Long live Twin Towers! Long live WMatsui!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
    • +RukaKikuchi
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! *squeals endlessly*

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »
I totally agree with Genkikid. The emoticon also suits how I feel about the kiss.  :k-hello:

To be honest I thought Jurina would initiate the kiss. But then apparently she was too hesitant to make
the first move so that Rena - being very sensitive and sweet - asked Jurina to kiss her instead.  :shy1:

You didn't show us about their first dinner. Would you tell us about this second dinner date?
Now that Rena is the one who invites Jurina and it's already late, does it mean Rena would bring Jurina to her house for a dinner? Haha!

Anyway, I can feel that it's gonna be soon for Rena to meet Alfred. What would Alfred say about her?
I believe he will ask tons of questions hehe..  :hee:

Thank you for the update, author-san..

Offline Guacamoolee

• Silent reader
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »
Haroooo Author-chan!

Finally.....

Kataomoi, finally....

:v

Awwwww.... looks like some things escalated quickly here~
At first I thought it was Jurina who would initiate the kiss but it turned out it's Rena. I'm a bit surprised :D
Rena had showed us who's the boss! Rena is da real boss!! hahahaha
And who is Jurina to refuse her boss's order?  :hiakhiakhiak: :on lol: :kekeke:
Though I'm sure that without her boss's bold request, she will still kiss her :v

What a nice chap! See you in the next chap Author-chan  :twothumbs

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 04:37:59 AM »
Maybe this is the first time my proper comment about this latest series.
I'm not that late, am i?  :lol:

1.still wondering what is Rena purpose to create such a time machine? Does she want to change something in the past? Or she wants to meet someone? Who?

2. I kinda get the vibe from both series that J is main character meanwhile she has crush on Rena. Well i kinda expecting that you'll reverse their role in here. Like mainly plot is about Rena and she is the one who head over heels to J?

3. I like that robot character hahahaha. So genuine, so curious about human's feeling. I want to have alfred too 😂😂

4. For dinner date this time, i want to see whole scene! Like how they both talk, what did they order, etc

5. Seriously i love that rena encouraged J to kiss her. Me was like "GO ON KIDDO!"   :lol:

Before this comment getting long, I need yo stop myself from writing too much hahahaha
See you  on next chapter!

Ps. Sometimes i just forgot or busy to comment. Well don't expect too much from a mere reader like me 😂😂
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 18-Apr-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 01:04:53 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! *squeals endlessly*

Well, I'm glad you liked the kiss  :P

To be honest I thought Jurina would initiate the kiss. But then apparently she was too hesitant to make
the first move so that Rena - being very sensitive and sweet - asked Jurina to kiss her instead.  :shy1:

Well, let's not forget it's only their second date. Jurina has no assurance a kiss would be well received at this stage, so better be safe. This Jurina is not the kind to steal kisses like Nobunaga in Warriors  :nervous

You didn't show us about their first dinner. Would you tell us about this second dinner date?
Now that Rena is the one who invites Jurina and it's already late, does it mean Rena would bring Jurina to her house for a dinner? Haha!

We'll see ^^

Anyway, I can feel that it's gonna be soon for Rena to meet Alfred. What would Alfred say about her?
I believe he will ask tons of questions hehe..  :hee:

I think the first encounter between Rena and Alfred will be... interesting  :grin:

At first I thought it was Jurina who would initiate the kiss but it turned out it's Rena. I'm a bit surprised :D

Well, in a sense, it's Jurina who initiates the idea of the kiss. Rena just encourages her to continue  :P

Still wondering what is Rena purpose to create such a time machine? Does she want to change something in the past? Or she wants to meet someone? Who?

I answered that question in the prologue ^^

However, no matter how much she believed society was progressively losing its humanity in favor of excessive technology, she had an absolute certitude: old civilizations still had not reveled all their secrets.

The knowledge she would acquire if she managed to build her time machine would be immeasurable and priceless.

So that's Rena's initial reason for wanting to build a time machine. Knowledge/curiosity, and also let's not forget she is somehow more turned towards the past.

I kinda get the vibe from both series that J is main character meanwhile she has crush on Rena. Well i kinda expecting that you'll reverse their role in here. Like mainly plot is about Rena and she is the one who head over heels to J?

Actually, Rena is the main character here. It will become even more obvious when a certain aspect of the plot is revealed later.
And Rena falling "head over heels for J"? I don't think this expression fits the way I see Rena in general, so I don't believe I will ever portray her this way in my stories.

I like that robot character hahahaha. So genuine, so curious about human's feeling. I want to have alfred too 😂😂

And it's not the last time we hear about him. There will be more Alfred scenes :)

For dinner date this time, i want to see whole scene! Like how they both talk, what did they order, etc

I will write a dinner date. This one or another? We'll see ^^

Before this comment getting long, I need yo stop myself from writing too much hahahaha

Don't worry, I enjoyed reading and replying to your long comment  ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:36:01 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 4 (12/11/2016)
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 06:02:52 PM »
CHAPTER 4

Rena brought them to an Italian restaurant located in a quiet, isolated street of Tokyo. From the outside, the restaurant surely didn’t attract attention. The black wooden façade was plain, and quite simply decorated. The name of the restaurant, Il Giramondo, was carved in white letters on the right side of the door, just above an inscription in Latin: Tempore superiore reversus. Jurina frowned a little, failing completely to understand what it meant. Now, she really wondered why the older girl had decided to bring them here for their second date. Apart from that curious inscription, the place looked quite ordinary on the outside. Could the food be the reason for Rena’s choice? One thing was for sure: Jurina was not prepared for what she was about to discover on the other side of that door.

Jurina followed the other girl in, her eyes widening when she took in the unexpected interior decoration. One minute ago, they were still standing in the modern Tokyo of 2050, and now she felt like she had suddenly been magically transported back in time to Ancient Roma. If truth be told, she had to blink a few times to make sure her sight was not deceiving her. What was that incredible place?

The first thing that caught her attention were the colored, incredibly detailed frescos decorating the large walls of the restaurant. On one of them, Jurina recognized easily Diana goddess of the hunt, with her familiar bow and quiver. Represented in the middle of a forest, a deer was holding his head high, and standing proudly beside her.

On the following fresco was depicted her ephebe twin brother and the god of music, truth and prophecy; Phoebus. Sun shining brightly behind his head, he was wearing a long blue cape on his shoulders, his blond, curly hair floating in the air as he was riding a golden chariot pulled by four majestic white horses.

The Roman frescos were not the only thing that provoked Jurina’s awe. Perfectly sculpted marble statues of Roman gods also ornamented alcoves in the decorated walls. And what about the impressive Roman pillars raising in the air, up to the ceiling representing the all mighty Jupiter laying in a bed of clouds?

The decoration was so magnificent, that Jurina was at a loss for words. How come she never heard about such a beautiful restaurant before? Right now, she felt quite privileged standing in such a majestic place. The change of scene was complete, and the contrast very sharp with the modernity of Japan’s capital.

“Welcome Matsui-san. It’s always a pleasure,” A man elegantly dressed in a black tuxedo addressed politely the head of Matsui corporation from behind a desk. “The usual table?”

“Good evening, Enrico. Please,” Rena nodded, before diverting her attention to the girl by her side who had stayed quiet since they entered the restaurant. She smiled knowingly when she noticed her gazing around in admiration. That was a look she was very familiar with. The first time she had entered Il Giramondo, she had immediately fallen in love with it. 

“Let me check if it is available,” the Italian receptionist looked down to his screen momentarily, before gazing back at her with a smile. “It is. Please follow me.”

“You should have warned me it was a fancy restaurant,” Jurina murmured once they took a seat at a table located in a quiet area of the restaurant. “I feel a bit… undressed.”

Rena laughed softly at her somewhat embarrassed look. “Don’t worry about it. You’re perfect just as you are. I’m not especially dressed for the occasion either.”

A waiter was waiting patiently a little further away, and Jurina now recalled the older girl had called him by his name upon her arrival. It was now obvious to her that she was very familiar with this place. “You come here often.” 

“I’ve eaten here more than a few times over the years,” Rena confirmed. “Not only the food is excellent, I find the atmosphere of this restaurant enchanting.”

“I can understand that,” Jurina let her eyes travel around the place again. Somehow, she was still having a hard time tearing her eyes away from the incredible view offered to her. Even after taking a good look at her arrival, she still noticed some details she had missed the first time. The reconstitution work was impressive. “This is…”

“Fascinating?” Rena offered, smiling a little at Jurina’s dreamy look. “I understand how you feel. No matter how many times I’ve been here, this place still has a profound, emotional impact on me.”

“My grandfather was an archeologist,” Rena’s gaze swept around the room, her voice softening slightly as fond memories invaded her mind. “When I was still a child, he would sometimes bring me with him on excavation sites. I admired his incredible patience and devotion for his work. He was a very introvert man, but I would never forget the glint in his eyes when he managed to make a discovery. It spoke louder than any word.”

“He passed on to you his passion for History,” Jurina’s eyes widened in realization. “He’s the reason why this time machine project is so important.”

“A few times, I mentioned to him my desire to go back in time,” Rena nodded. “When it happened, he would just look at me tenderly. My grandfather was a kind and gentle man. I think he didn’t have the heart to hurt the innocent child that I was by announcing me that it was an impossible dream.”

“It may have been back then,” Jurina conceded. Twenty years ago, technology was indeed not as well advanced, even for a country such as Japan who had always been at the cutting edge of technology. As a result, her grandfather’s reserve was nothing but legitimate. “But not now. Your dream is anything but foolish and I’m going to fulfill it.”

Rena’s eyes fell back on her progressively, detecting the strong determination in her voice. Jurina’s unfailing motivation never ceased to amaze her. Yes, she had a great team of very competent scientists, but nothing compared with Jurina’s incredible dedication to this project. “I know you are doing everything in your power to build this time machine,” Rena murmured, reaching across the table to take her hand. 

Her assistant’s good intentions were definitely acknowledged, and this since the very first day they met. However, Rena couldn’t ignore a little voice at the back of her head. A voice that was constantly reminding her not to foolishly get her hopes up. She wanted to believe in the success of this project, but she had to be realistic: no one had ever accomplished such a thing before. There was a possibility that despite her team and Jurina’s best efforts, it might not work out.

“Jurina…” she spoke up, squeezing her hand lightly. “No one believes in this project more than I do. But if it unfortunately doesn’t work, I will accept it and won’t hold it against anyone. Especially not you.”

“Listen to me,” Jurina shook her head in disapproval. “Failure is not an option for me. No matter how long it takes, I’m telling you I will finish the plans of this time machine. You will go back in time. This is a promise.”

Rena stayed quiet, guessing nothing she could add tonight would be enough to convince her stubborn assistant. For now, she decided to relent. “Alright.”

A pleased smile plastered Jurina’s features and she responded to it, before noticing from her peripheral vision the waiter approaching their table. “May I take your order?”

Rena noted Jurina’s awkwardness as she buried her nose in the menu hurriedly, and it was not hard to figure out the waiter’s request took her completely off guard, and she still had absolutely no idea of what she was going to eat. It was not that surprising, considering they hadn’t taken a look at their menu a single time since they took place at their table, too engrossed in their conversations and busy admiring the decoration around them.

“I think we need a little more time,” Rena addressed the waiter when a few seconds went by and Jurina still hadn’t replied. “Can you please come back in a few minutes, Angelo?”

The waiter nodded and was about to turn on his heels, but Jurina’s voice stopped him in his tracks. “That’s fine, I’ll choose,” she declared, gazing at Rena from her menu. “What do you recommend me?”

“The Jumbo shrimp and zucchini risotto is delicious,” Rena replied without an ounce of hesitation. Frankly, she could have advised the whole menu, but she always had a soft spot for the restaurant’s specialty. “That’s what I’m going to take tonight.”

“Then I’ll follow your lead,” Jurina closed the menu, decided. “Two risotto, please.”

They engaged in a casual conversation after that, but soon got distracted when a vase of red roses was suddenly placed carefully between them. Rena was puzzled by the unusual gesture, and she gave a questioning look to the receptionist who had brought the bouquet, and was now smiling at them warmly. “Compliments of the house. Please enjoy your dinner.”

“I understand why you like this restaurant so much,” Jurina murmured once he left, admiring the beautiful, fresh red roses. “They know how to treat their loyal customers.”

Rena didn’t say anything, but she couldn’t ignore the nagging feeling that this gift hadn’t been placed on their table for the sole purpose of thanking her. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she wondered if the attentive staff hadn’t read the atmosphere between them, and deduced this was a romantic dinner. It would definitely explain why they choose this type of flowers in particular, as well as this meaningful color.

It was almost midnight when they left Il Giramondo. Rena didn’t miss the small droplets of water falling and she gazed up to the dark sky. It didn’t truly look like it was going to rain heavily tonight – she even figured this misty weather wasn’t going to last - but she nevertheless placed her umbrella above their heads.

“Thank you for inviting me,” Jurina said as soon as they started walking away. “I really enjoyed it.”

“I’m glad,” Rena replied, her mouth tugging into a smile when she distinguished the enthusiasm in her assistant’s voice. “This place never leaves anyone indifferent.”

“Well of course, it’s a great restaurant,” Jurina admitted. “But I was mostly talking about the company.”

Rena stopped when she felt fingers encircling hers gently around the handle of the umbrella. The moment after Jurina was leaning forward, and she closed her eyes when she felt soft lips kissing her. The kiss was very chaste, just like the one they had exchanged a few hours ago at the office but this time, Rena was glad there was not an ounce of hesitation between them.

They broke the kiss after a little while, but Jurina didn’t leave her personal space for all that. “I like you Rena,” she uttered, her eyes never leaving hers. “I really like you.”

Rena’s heart pounded inside her chest, and she trembled lightly when she felt fingertips caressing her cheek gently. No, it was not the first time someone confessed their feelings for her. She had had more than a few suitors in the past. However, never such words managed to put her in a flutter before. Rena could feel herself progressively changing day by day. And she knew her new assistant had provoked those unexpected emotions within her.

Could she go back now that she had caught a glimpse of what her friend Akane had described? Did she want to?

Rena pressed her lips against Jurina’s, the kiss soon deepening when Jurina snaked an arm around her waist. Yes, those new feelings were still sometimes somewhat a bit overwhelming, but she couldn’t ignore how she felt. Rena Matsui was never one to hesitate once she strongly knew what she wanted. And right now, she had one absolute certainty: even if she tried, she wouldn’t be able to separate herself from the girl who shared the same surname.

Because she had already found a place in her heart.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:55:28 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 05:53:05 AM »
Finally you wrote about this second dinner. And let me tell you, it's worth to wait because it's amazing!
The dinner was fancy yet sweet (with two roses) and I super like the whole atmosphere. Rena just chose the perfect restaurant!  :k-great:

The first thing that caught her attention were the colored, incredibly detailed frescos decorating the large walls of the restaurant. On one of them, Jurina recognized easily Diana goddess of the hunt, with her familiar bow and quiver. Represented in the middle of a forest, a deer was holding his head high, and standing proudly beside her.

On the following fresco was depicted her ephebe twin brother and the god of music, truth and prophecy; Phoebus. Sun shining brightly behind his head, he was wearing a long blue cape on his shoulders, his blond, curly hair floating in the air as he was riding a golden chariot pulled by four majestic white horses.

The Roman frescos were not the only thing that provoked Jurina’s awe. Perfectly sculpted marble statues of Roman gods also ornamented alcoves in the decorated walls. And what about the impressive Roman pillars raising in the air, up to the ceiling representing the all mighty Jupiter laying in a bed of clouds?

I can vividly imagine the restaurant design, and I swear for a moment I hope it does exist.
I kinda expected they would order some pasta (because it's Italian) and they would eat it with chopsticks :v (no, I'm joking)

The name of the restaurant, Il Giramondo, was carved in white letters on the right side of the door, just above an inscription in Latin: Tempore superiore reversus.

And I believe you chose the restaurant name not out of the blue. Also with that Latin inscription. I am sure you carefully thought about it.  :cool1:

“But not now. Your dream is anything but foolish and I’m going to fulfill it.”

Jurina is always supportive. She believes in Rena's dream. So sweet of her!
Rena is lucky to have such dedicated assistant (and now also lover).

Aaand...another kiss(es)! I guess they're official now?  :luvluv2:

Thanks for the update. I enjoyed reading this chapter.  :luvuluvu:

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
Somehow I forget everthing else other than the kisses

Offline sadrilim

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I create and I read. Silent Reader
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 06:20:23 PM »
Great fanfic Author san.
Never fail to amuse me with your new chapters.

I really enjoy to read all of your fanfic  :twothumbs

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:52 AM »
Dinner at an Italian restaurant and flowers.
The truth is that it has been very romantic.
Although flowers really have not been Rena's thing, a gift from the restaurant.

Offline Guacamoolee

• Silent reader
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 01:50:24 AM »
I lost my words in this chapter :')
I love this chapter and I love the atmosphere of the restaurant as well!
Good job Author-san!! :mon thumb:
Everything is going just fine and smoothly that sometimes I'm afraid of what will happen next  :mon sweat:
But this is also the first time in my wmatsui shipper career, I stated that "This is too good to be true they need a little more plot twist!" HAHAHAHAHA

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:00:51 AM by Guacamoolee »

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 5 (10/12/2016)
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
CHAPTER 5

It was just a usual busy day for the CEO of Matsui corporation, as Rena was currently going through some important paperwork she needed to get over with by the end of the morning. A very simple task in her daily routine, except for the fact that her mind was not exactly set on the documents in front of her, instead distracted constantly by the thought of a 24 years old beautiful girl who happened to be her assistant.

She had now been on two very pleasant dates with Jurina, and the latter had even boldly confessed her feelings for her the evening before. This morning, when they found themselves luckily alone in the elevator leading to floor 22, they had demonstrated again their mutual attachment with caring words and few affectionate kisses. It had already been two hours since their last contact, but the memory of Jurina’s soft lips against hers was still very much vivid.

Realizing she was unfortunately not as focused as she should be Rena decided to let her work aside for a minute, and she lifted her gaze in curiosity to check what her employees were up to. Her eyes lit up when she was pleasantly surprised to notice a new presence in the office. Indeed, Jurina was now standing just behind Akane, both women engrossed in a conversation. Rena took advantage of her assistant’s arrival to observe her at length, warmth spreading through her chest at the view of the girl who had been a bit too much on her thoughts this morning.

Given Jurina’s serious expression, Rena could easily guess they were discussing important matters, most certainly related to the advance of the time machine. Much as Jurina was capable of having very light and trivial conversations during coffee breaks, she had the faculty to focus back on her work without difficulty as soon as she joined her desk again. Her incredible capacity to change mood with such ease still managed to amaze Rena after all this time.

Rena progressively lost track of time, the seconds giving way to minutes without even her noticing. It wasn’t until Jurina took a step back from Akane’s desk, that she understood she had been staring at her the whole time. Rena shook her head lightly at her own behavior, knowing she shouldn’t get so distracted when she had so much work to do.

Just as she was about to finally focus back on her paperwork, their eyes unexpectedly met across the room. The young assistant already had her fingers clutching the doorknob of the office, ready to leave, but she glanced at the last moment towards Rena’s direction. A warm smile instantly moved to her lips to which Rena responded, suddenly wishing she didn’t have that late meeting tonight. She was really looking forward to spending more time with her after work.

In fact, she wasn’t sure when they would be able to go on a date in the near future. Her company had won a few important contracts these last months, resulting in long days of work and very little free time for herself. As a business woman, Rena knew she couldn’t complain: her company had never been so healthy and successful. However, the success of her company had evident consequences on her personal life.

Until now, Rena didn’t really mind how time-consuming her work was; the company had been everything to her these last few years. However, things had evidently changed when Jurina entered the picture. Rena didn’t regret in the slightest engaging herself in this new relationship. Jurina had provoked something within her she refused to ignore. Emotions no one had ever been able to make her feel. Rena was very much aware of her busy schedule, but she wanted to find time for Jurina. Because she believed her to be completely worth it.

Even though her assistant had now left the office and was now out of sight, it still took her a few seconds to tear her eyes away from the place she had last seen her, to finally set her attention on her paperwork. It took a couple more seconds to completely brush away Jurina’s image from her mind, and she was satisfied when she knew she was finally able to focus on the task at hand. However, her respite was only short as she was startled to hear a soft knock on the door, and the familiar face of her best friend appearing in front of her.

Rena had desperately been trying to concentrate on her work again, but a sincere smile nonetheless naturally fell on her lips at the view of her best friend. It progressively vanished when she noticed Akane’s strange behavior, and she frowned slightly. Indeed, the latter was now closing the door behind her very carefully – as if the make sure no one could overhear their conversation - and grinning from ear to ear. Rena wondered why her friend was behaving so oddly, and she watched her in confusion as she took a seat in front of her the moment after.

“So… you and Jurina are a couple?”

Rena widened her eyes in shock, utterly speechless. She processed what her friend had just uttered, wondering how it was possible for her to know about that. Her second date with Jurina had only occurred last evening, and she didn’t have time yet to tell her best friend about the positive development in their relationship. Somehow, she didn’t believe Jurina would have spilled the beans either. “H-How do you know?”

“I wasn’t completely sure, but now I am,” Akane smirked, proud of herself for making the CEO fall into her trap and confess the truth so easily. “Jurina has been acting weird all morning, not flirting with me or anyone else. At first, I thought maybe she was sick or something, then I realized there could be another plausible reason for her unusual behavior. I assume your second date went very well, then?”

“Yes, it did…” Rena admitted with a smile. There was no use denying it, now. After two successful dates, a few kisses exchanged and a confession, Rena couldn’t deny how she felt about her young assistant. Their feelings for each other were definitely mutual.

“Rena,” Akane murmured, moved when she saw her friend glowing with happiness. Without second thoughts, she reached across the table to take her hand. “I’m so happy for you. Jurina is a nice person. I wish you both the very best.”

“Thank you Akane,” Rena squeezed her fingers in return. “We’ve only been on two dates, but I really like her. She’s smart, funny and very kind. I want this to work, but it’s only the beginning yet.”

“It will work,” Akane stated with assurance. “And before you know it, you’ll be blissfully married and have little children running around the house.”

Rena let out a small laugh and shook her head in amusement. “I know you and Airi tied the knot very fast, but I want to take my time. Besides, I don’t know if Jurina wishes any of those things… I don’t know if I even want them myself. I never… I never considered any of that before.”

Akane noticed her friend’s pensive expression, understanding perfectly well why she was being cautious. After all, it was her very first relationship. What she was currently experimenting was completely new to her, and probably still a bit overwhelming at times. Rena and her were both very similar personality wise, and she could almost imagine what was going through her head right now.

“I see the way Jurina has been looking at you for the past month,” Akane spoke up, catching her friend’s attention. “Her feelings for you are sincere, and I can tell she makes you happy.”

“She does,” Rena whispered, and they shared a knowing smile.

After that, they exchanged a few other words, before Akane stood up from the chair in the obvious intent of leaving. Rena glanced down to her paperwork again, until noticing out of the corner of her eye that her friend was still standing in front of the closed door, and had not left the office yet. Out of curiosity, she looked up, wondering if she wished to add something else.

“Ah, I completely forgot to tell you,” Akane chuckled softly as she turned around. She had been so distracted by her friend’s new love life, that she had completely left out an important information about herself that she wished to share with her this morning. “I’m soon going to need a leave of absence.”

“Is everything alright?” Rena felt suddenly a bit concerned. Akane had not mentioned lately her desire to go on vacations, so she feared the worst. “Are you sick?”

“No, nothing like that,” Akane reassured her quickly with a rapid wave of the hand. “This is good news. Very good news.”

Akane’s enigmatic words only served in increasing her perplexity, until realization progressively hit her when Akane went to place her palm over her stomach. “It worked?” she exclaimed excitedly, only to see her friend nodding with a smile. “You are expecting!”

Rena got up on her feet instantly and made her way around her desk hastily to pull her best friend into a hug. “Congratulations! You and Airi are going to be wonderful parents!”

Akane returned the embrace tightly, laughing a little at her friend’s overflowing enthusiasm. Well, it was not every day you could provoke such a reaction in the so-collected CEO. “Thank you, Rena. It means a lot coming from you. We just got the confirmation this morning.”

“Have you picked up a name, yet?” Rena pulled away, her eyes flickering frequently towards the still very flat stomach of her best friend.

“We are thinking of calling her Shizuru,” Akane replied, entertained by the amusing sight offered to her. Rena now seemed completely obsessed by her stomach, even though it was not showing one bit. “And I’m sure our child will soon want a nice friend to play with…”

Rena distinguished easily the light teasing in her friend’s tone. “I’ll pretend I didn’t hear anything,” she giggled softly, before letting out a small sigh in content. Her best friend was going to have a family. It was truly the best news of the day. “Take all the time off you need. This new life growing inside you is more important than anything else in the world.”

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:55:00 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 07:35:43 AM »
Furuyanagi are having a child!!!!! Repeat!! Furuyanagi are having a child!!!!! :cow:

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »
 :onioncheer: :onioncheer:   A baby a baby !!    :onioncheer: :onioncheer: