JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Gingham Check

Author Topic: Lies and Secrets (Mystery, Romance) |YuiHarem| Chapter 3  (Read 14666 times)

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
Lies and Secrets (Mystery, Romance) |YuiHarem| Chapter 3
« on: January 28, 2017, 09:54:15 PM »
 :gmon peakaboo:

*fidgets shyly* hi there...

So I know I have a lot of fanfics out here and there and honestly they are on hiatus, I am too busy to reread all that ish I have written and to plan it all out, fix it and continue writing.

HOWEVER.

This new thing I am starting, oh boy, am I excited.

:gmon twirl: :gmon twirl: :gmon twirl:

*dizzy*

AAAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS

Let me tell you, boys and girls, what you should do right now.

Go and watch Riverdale. Episode 1 is already out!

Then comeback here, read this prologue and realize it is similar BUT different.

Yes, you are correct, I will base this fanfic off of RIVERDALE TV SERIES / ARCHIE COMICS (TV series mostly).

BUT.

:mon xmas1:

I will also change quite some of the things in it, some of the plot also, so you don't really have to watch Riverdale in order to understand my story, it will not be the same, but once again, it will have lots of similarities and plotlines due to me using it is as a base story of sorts.

However...

I am saying go watch it because it is really good, at least in my honest opinion

:gmon shy:

So, I present to you the prologue and see you guys in a few days for the Chapter 1 (or maybe even sooner, let's hope)

:gmon hi: :gmon witch:

Lies And Secrets

Prologue

This story is set in a year 2148. You might think that this number, number 48, is a number you’ve heard or seen somewhere. It is possible, of course, however, it’s just a number.

Year 2148. The world is not how it used to be. It changed, in a way no one could have guessed back in the day when everything was still fine.

An immense virus spread throughout the world in 2071 and lasted for five consecutive years. People tried everything they could to prevent it, or find a cure. Yet, nothing worked. At the beginning of 2076 the virus suddenly stopped. The results worldwide were shocking.

A population of males in the world compared to females was described in a ratio 1:10,000.

Scientists tried everything, but to no avail. Even after using all resources they had and artificially inseminating volunteering females, the outcome did not give any good results. Only five boys were born out of million births given through the experiment.

That’s when scientists started working on something else and by the end of 2083 two females were able to have a child together. How? Well, I actually do not know. However, this is only information needed for you to understand how the world works in 2148.

Our story begins in a small town somewhere in Japan, named Akibara. A town of 345 people, more precisely, 343 females and 2 males.

When you travel by car from Tokyo, you pass many cities and towns and then you see this sign, stating you have to cross the bridge to reach Akibara town. You pass the bridge over the Namba River and drive through the hills of Hakata Forest. You can see a Niiga Mountain far off in the distance from the highest point of one of the hills in the forest. That’s when you make one last turn down the hill.

A beautiful landscape of houses in various sizes and colors appears in front of your eyes, yet it doesn’t feel as modern as Tokyo, or any other city you have been, actually. Passing the streets, you scan the surroundings and you think the town is so nice and it seems like this is the best place to live in. Even after you spend your weekend in it, staying over in Keyaki guesthouse, eating over at Sakae Sunshine Shoppe, enjoying your peaceful time in Setouchi Park or having a shopping spree in Giza Mall. Then you leave, on July 3, full of memories, nice impressions and thoughts of revisiting this peaceful town sometime again.

If only you knew that Akibara town is peaceful only from the outside, maybe you would rethink of coming here again. The town and its people hold a lot of dark secrets, some small, some big, some enormous, but it was all hidden under the façade of perfection. Until one fateful day, July 4 to be exact, an incident shook the whole town and it was clear that all of the secrets have a due date.

Year 2148, a small peaceful town of Akibara, where dark secrets and lies soon will start to see the daylight and no one will be spared.

End of Prologue.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:17:35 AM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Lies and Secrets (Mystery, Romance) |YuiHarem|
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:00:55 PM »
Interesting start to the fanfic and the loads of fics  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 12:19:54 AM »
dat "Yui Harem" tag caught my eyes :kekeke: though I'm not sure if it's MY Yui or not... :sweat: but I wish it is :prayers:

interesting. seeing that there are two males in that small town, will this become a genderbend--with yui become one of them? IF yes, who is the other one? sakka-chan? or someone else? IF not, then who are those two male?

oh how I wish I'm one of those male... :kekeke:

you better write this 'till the end girl :shifty:

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 02:09:44 AM »
Girl, you remind me of my past self, lol. The more you add, the more you're going to regret it with its workload! But hey, if you can figure it out, go for it!

This fiction... I won't lie, my attention was immediately caught due to Yokoyama Yui being a part of it. She definitely deserves to be in more work. (She's got the looks, the personality, the accent, the everlasting-- sorry. Didn't mean to ramble on.) I'm interested in how this will fare as a harem series. Usually harems tend to fail or become mundane due to the supporting cast being one-dimensional. Knowing you, I'm keeping big hopes that you will do the genre justice. Just a thought before I talk about the prologue itself.

It's a nice introduction to the premise. The prologue serves as a way to info dump without hindering the actual story progression. I love the reference with 48 just like most other fictions. Does loosely tie in with where the characters originally are from. (And by that, I obviously mean the 48Group, lol.) As the prologue crawls along, it's a nice build-up to what is to come in this series. I won't lie, I was oddly reminded of Higurashi once this rolled in:

If only you knew that Akibara town is peaceful only from the outside, maybe you would rethink of coming here again. The town and its people hold a lot of dark secrets, some small, some big, some enormous, but it was all hidden under the façade of perfection. Until one fateful day, July 4 to be exact, an incident shook the whole town and it was clear that all of the secrets have a due date.

Year 2148, a small peaceful town of Akibara, where dark secrets and lies soon will start to see the daylight and no one will be spared.

I wonder what goes on? You really left a cliffhanger for us readers!

Other than that, the prologue is as nice as how a prologue is suppose to go. Looking forward to this development! Please let me know when an update comes around. :thumbsup

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Erza_Jerusalem

• Member+
  • Newbie as Always~
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 05:27:53 AM »
I saw Yui's name!(is it Yokoyama tho? :lol:) and of course I can't miss the chance to read it lol

and it's a harem...

I'm wondering how the story will go  :cow:

Offline Kairi65

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 70% Neutral Reader
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
dat "Yui Harem" tag caught my eyes :kekeke: though I'm not sure if it's MY Yui or not... :sweat: but I wish it is :prayers:

you better write this 'till the end girl :shifty:

same reason and same wish as me, lol

gotta keep my eyes open for the update! :drool:

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
REPLIES.

@kuro_808: well, glad to know you liked the Prologue, let's see if you will like Chapter 1 :D

@bunny_rabbit: of course, I knew you would like the YuiHarem and IT IS YOUR Yui we are talking about in here ;) as for genderbender, the choices are not what you expect at all, because I don't think it would fit with the storyline if I went for obvious people like Jurina or etc. Well, there is one obvious person, but another one is UNEXPECTED haha, and sorry to disappoint you, but I do not think Yui would be much interested in you if you were in the story, I should stop hinting things XD and well I myself hope to finish this so yeah, let's hope I do

@LoyalFlutist: Shachou! I am influenced by you, so what can I really do!!! You have no idea how happy you make me when you comment on my works!!  :bow: Yokoyama Yui is epic and I myself hope I do not fail with characters...  :sweatdrop:  well, glad to know I got you intrigued, haha, hope it stays that way  :roll:

@Erza_Jerusalem: It is the Yokoyama herself, the Yokoyama Yuihamtoku ohimesama, not the one from Team 8 LOL, and I guess you will see how the story goes pretty soon, nee ;)

@Kairi65: Kairi-chaaaaaaaaan, heyoooooo~~~ Glad to know you and bunny have things in common haha, and keep your eyes open for a bit more, it is about to drop very soon, le chappie 1  :cathappy:

THANKS to everyone who reads and likes or even comments. I really appreciate it. :) The update will be here in a bit, patience, my darlings ;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:38:56 PM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEWEH!!!

Lies And Secrets

Chapter 1

:same   The story blocks are in chronological order, but not necessarily on the same day, as you will see while reading on :)
:same   Some words have links for you to click on so you can get the reference needed ;)

A giggle escaped her cute lips when she thought of the mischief they were about to perform. Her sister glared at her and then listened carefully. The house was as usual.

“You should be more careful, we don’t want parents hearing us and finding out we are going somewhere without telling them.” The older one hushed the younger and proceeded down the stairs.

“Don’t worry, Tomochin~ It was your birthday yesterday, if they catch us, they will think we just got back from the party~” The younger whispered back and opened the main doors of their house, slipping into her sandals and stepping outside. The sun was up and the air was still slightly cool, the morning announcing it was going to be a great day. She felt a bit underdressed for the weather, but definitely not for the occasion.

Shinoda Tomomi didn’t reply and grabbed the car keys from the counter in the hall, put on her red high heels to match her white dress and also left the house, making sure she closed the door quietly.

A ride was filled with anticipation, red convertible smoothly passing the road through the forest. Soon they reached the end of it, coming to a stop in front of an opening. A beautiful view to the Namba River and its beach-like shore was seen and the girls could feel excitement bubbling inside their chests.

Tomochin stepped out of the car and turned to the other girl.

“Are you afraid, Miyuki?” She asked with a smile, already knowing an answer.

Miyuki simply smiled and shook her head, also getting out of the car and grabbing Tomochin’s extended hand. They went towards the riverbank, where a boat was present, as if waiting for them to get into it and take a ride, which they did.

Miyuki looked at Tomochin and smiled, seeing a smirk grace the older girl’s lips. This was going to be the best mischief of their lives.

A loud crack ripped the air in the forest and a flock of birds flew up from the trees.

“Majime-san, when are we going to take a break? My legs hurt and I am hungry…”

“How many times have I told you to not call me like that? Come on, Jiina, I am only one year older than you.” Okada Nana, girl-scout leader scolded her younger friend and looked at the whole group. “Okay, let’s go towards the river, the bird I was telling you about should be around that area.”

“Yes, Majime-san.” Kojina Yui replied with a scoff and pulled out her hand mirror. Looking at it she was unsure if she should admire her face or not, because while she wasn’t particularly beautiful, in her opinion, the wit that she had made her look at least appealing.

“Yah, Miki, I cannot see anything because your ponytails are blocking my view! Stop bouncing so eagerly, you will trip.”

“Kojimako, let her be, you know how she is. If she trips, it will be her fault…” Shibuya Nagisa said to her friend and sighed. The scenery was peaceful if not for Miki nearly bursting out in loud words and sentences.

Miki was eagerly telling to Mio and Meeru about her latest decoration, ignoring Ryoha poking her side in attempts to get her attention. A stern order from Nana, however, made the girl shut her mouth and look at her friend and leader with an innocent stare.

“What?”

“I just spotted a bird similar to the one I was telling you guys about. We are close. Now you need to shut up and let me look at it with my binoculars to confirm.” Okada stressed and used her binoculars, following the bird, her feet taking her forward, then losing the bird as it flew away. Feeling the girls stumble into her with gasps and whispers, she let her tool down and looked where the girls were looking. On the river’s edge, there was sitting Shinoda Tomomi all drenched in her white dress, make up smeared, the girl shaking and in shock. A whisper-like cry escaped Tomochin’s lips while gazing with big eyes at the girl scouts.

“Miyuki…”

And it started. Police soon came, some of the townsfolk gathered around, curious and even scared of what might have happened. The police yacht gathered Tomochin from the stone riverbank, Shinoda Mariko not saying a word and Shinoda Haruna holding her shivering daughter in a warm hug. The police searched the waters of the river as far as they could in the area, but no body was found.

A couple stood by the river, watching the process, the black-haired woman’s face cold as stone, the short one only looking at everything in a worried gaze.

“If she is dead, Minami, I hope in those last moments she suffered. May Shinoda Miyuki burn in hell.” The black-haired woman whispered to her husband and the woman looked back at her in that same worried gaze.

A girl with a camera snapped as many pictures as she could without being spotted by any of the higher ups or policemen and quickly left the scene. What she discovered, her lips were going to be sealed…for now. She fixed her spiked beanie with a “Baka” written on the front of it and scooted towards the city. She wanted to reach the safe and harmless premise of Sakae Sunshine Shoppe. The girl knew Momoka was not into all the drama. She knew she will be able to get her favorite pan fried sashimi and type away on her laptop.

A week later the Shinoda family buried an empty casket and it was announced that Miyuki’s death was an accident due to the story that Tomochin told to the cops. It was that Tomochin accidentally dropped her lace handkerchief in the water and Miyuki reached for it, boat tipping to the side, Miyuki panicking and falling into the water.

It didn’t stop the townspeople from talking about the “July Fourth Tragedy” throughout the rest of the summer, and even on the last day of August, it was still the talk of the town. Unknowingly to them, a change was about to happen as a black car stopped in front of the Keyaki guesthouse.

Matsui Jurina looked at the guesthouse through the car’s window, brushed invisible speck of dust off her black dress and opened the doors, stepping out and watching her mama step out of the car also. Jurina scanned the area, not really happy with what she was seeing; the town so far seemed dull and the guesthouse looked like a poor version of a rundown hostel. Her mama sighed knowingly and patted Jurina’s shoulder while smiling softly at her. The two then looked at the guesthouse.

“Now brace yourself; the apartment is small, a pied-a-terre, but---“ Matsui Yuki started, knowing full well that her daughter was used to much more extravagant and posh things than the guesthouse or the town itself. “---quality, always.”

“---quality, always.” Jurina ended a sentence together with her mama. Seeing Yuki smile made her relax, but only a bit.

“Plus, it's the only piece of property in my name and not your papa's.” Her mama said, a slight edge in her voice. She motioned for the driver to take the car to the garage and then the females entered the guesthouse. They were met by a woman in a white suit, who came down to greet them.

“Ms. Yuki! Welcome home!” A tall lean female exclaimed, her shortcut hair looking prim and proper, dyed in a light brown color.

“Shiichan~ Oh, you are a sight for sore eyes~” Yuki went in for a hug right away, kissing the female on the cheek and smiling softly.

Jurina simply watched, feeling weird and yet knowing she will be introduced soon. She knew it was her mother’s family butler and she had to admit the female so far looked harmless and pleasant to the eye.

“How was your ride?” The butler asked.

“No traffic, thank god.” Yuki replied and stepped slightly aside, letting Ooya Shizuka see Jurina in full view. “Shiichan, I’d like to introduce you to my daughter, Jurina.”

“It’s a pleasure, miss.” The butler smiled and gently shook Jurina’s hand. As the girl smiled back and shook the hand in return, the butler smiled even more, then looked back at Ms. Matsui. “I’ll get the bags. Oh, and would you like some menus, ma’am, so you can order in?”

“Oh, no.” Yuki shook her head and her eyes held a sparkle as she continued in a nearly-drooling manner. “I have been craving for Kinoshita’s banana mayo bread since noon. Is her Sakae Sunshine Shoppe still open?”

“What is a Sakae Sunshine Shoppe and why does it sell gross bread?” Jurina asked, feeling her stomach flip just from the words banana and mayonnaise in a one sentence.

Her mother and butler shared a knowing glance and the butler went to get their luggage while females started going upstairs to their apartment.

:note: TENSHON SHON SHON SHON SHON TENSHON MAKKUSU! HIITOAPPU APPU APPU APPU APPU HIITOAPPU shite yukou! :note:

As a stereo played a hype song, a brown-haired girl sat at her vanity table, her leg tapping to the rhythm as she put her mascara on. Her heart was beating rapidly, and yet she would never admit it was not the song playing that made her like this.

“Are you excited? Nervous?” A girl half lying on her belly on the bed and supporting her weight with her elbows asked her friend with a grin on her face.

“Both.” Shimazaki Haruka replied with a smile after turning to face her best friend. “I haven't seen her all summer.”

“Which is why nerves are acceptable, but we agreed, Paru...” A girl said and gave Haruka a knowing look. “It's time. You like her, she likes you.”

“Well, then---“ After turning to the mirror Haruka faced her friend once again, pointing at her with her make-up brush. “---why, Renacchi, hasn't she ever said or done anything?”

“Because…it’s Yui.” Kato Rena deadpanned. “And as we know, she can sometimes be oblivious, she needs to be told what she wants. So, tell her finally.”

“Well, we'll see.” Haruka returned to dusting her cheeks in light pink, her voice becoming soft and nervous as she thought about the so-much-discussed topic. “I mean, it depends...”

Kato Rena rolled her eyes and stood up, her tight shorts hugging her body nicely as her crop top ends swayed around her waistline. She tuned out her friend’s hesitation-filled speech as she heard it one too many times already. Rena walked towards the window and pulled the curtain to look at the house across the street. And oh, what a sight to behold. Well, not to her oh-so-straight eyes, but for someone else’s for sure.

“O~H, my God!” Renacchi exclaimed, faking the shock and making her expression into that of a huge surprise.

“What?” Paru asked, swift turning to her friend, unsure of what went wrong.

“Game-changer. Yui became gorgeous!” Rena added more pressure to her voice, making sure she stressed the gorgeous part enough for her friend to jump from the cushion chair and trot towards the window. “She finally wears something fashionable and even has make-up on!”

“Look at that make up face, she’s a doll!” Rena went on as Paru could only stare through the window, jaw dropped on the floor, while in front of their eyes Miyazawa Yui was doing her last preparation touches while wearing a nice blue and white set of clothes. “Tonight, you must ask her to Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby.”

Sakae Sunshine Shoppe was one of the most fun-to-hang-out places in the town and its exterior didn’t tell you of all the joy and happiness the Shoppe brings until you went inside. Somewhat retro, chockfull of red, pink, purple, blue, emerald, green and aqua colors, the owner always welcoming her clients with a small smirk or a huge grin plastered on her face; the place was overwhelming but not in a bad way.

“If it isn’t Yui-chan, then I am blind, but wow, you look fabulous girl~” The owner exclaimed and grinned at the eyeroll Yui made.

“And you dyed your hair blonde, Kinoshita-san, what’s next?” Yui teased. She grew up here and whenever she left the town for vacation or any other reasons, she would always miss a casual afternoon here, sipping on delicious drink and hanging out with her buddies.

“But it looks good on you.” Paru assured with a smile. “We will get our usual drinks at our table, Momoka-san.”

“Okay, one orange tapioca drink and one cream soda, I’ll bring it over soon~” Kinoshita Momoka replied and spun on her sneakers. While preparing the drink for the girls, she mused about the air feeling a bit romantic around the two, but it was not her deal anyway.

After sitting at the table and getting their drinks, best friends looked at each other, beaming. Paru thought it was interesting that Yui finally wore something fashionable and her outfit somewhat resembled a less in-your-face version of what Paru was wearing right now.

“So, what was the highlight?” Yui asked, a warm caring expression on her face. Haruka was her best friend, someone irreplaceable in her life and they always spent their days together. This summer, however, was different for both of them, and she wanted to know all the details.

“Of my internship? Kitagawa Keiko’s character casting I organized, by far.” The girl’s eyes sparkled with joy as she recollected her dreams coming true at the beginning of the summer. “At the end of the day, Kitagawa Keiko, who is, as you know, my favorite actress---“

“Yes. Yes.” Yui nodded, smiling even more warmly at her excited friend and sipping on her orange tapioca drink.

“---says to me…” Haruka rarely spoke so many words in one sentence so she took a breather to continue on, her excitement filled voice going one tone higher than her usually quiet and collected one. “‘Don’t overwork yourself, Haruka-chan. You did great but now slow it down and enjoy your vacation. One summer can change everything, you know.’"

“Wow. That's so true.”

“And how was working for your dad?” Haruka asked, excited to hear all about it. Her best friend used to be one of the most unfashionable people in town, who had a big heart and pure soul, and seeing her now, all prepped up, made Haruka even more curious to find out about the reason for her friend’s change in style.

“It was... Talking with people, every day, all day long.” Yui exhaled, thinking back to her summer job over at her dad’s TV station back in Tokyo. Well, technically it was her aunt’s station but her dad had a big share of it too and sometimes even hosted a few shows that went on. Mr. Miyazawa thought it would be great for his daughter to widen her horizon and use her amazing bonding with people skills in the show business. Now they were back home and she was glad it was over, but she had no regrets of her summer job whatsoever. “To pass time, I would start composing these poems, in my head. And at night, I'd go home, I'd write them down...”

“I thought you preferred detective novels....” Paru was honestly surprised. She knew her best friend loved visiting bookstores, but as far as her memory went, she knew of Yui loving the way books smelled and getting along with booksellers, talking to them endlessly about this or that writer of detective novels. Poems was definitely news to her.

“They weren't poems, they were song lyrics.” Yui admitted, a small blush about to dye her cheeks, save for the make-up who hid that very well. “And working on them made me feel like...”

“What, Yui?” Haruka urged her friend who stopped mid-sentence as her gaze held this nostalgic tint in her eyes.

“It made me feel like I'd finally broken through to something real. About my life and what I want to do with it.” Seeing her friend nod, she smiled and finally admitted her new-found dream. “I want to write songs for our band. Starting this year, tomorrow.”

“Amazing.” Haruka was happy for her friend and excited for their band’s new path. “Will you ask Yamamoto-sensei to tutor you?”

“I'm not sure, maybe.” Yui replied nonchalantly.

“What about basketball? Can you do both?” Paru asked.

“I'll try out, at least.” A sigh escaped her lips, worry hinted in her voice. “You know I will continue playing tennis and there’s Athletics championship this year…”

“Well, have you told your dad?” Haruka asked, concerned for her friend. She knew Mr. Miyazawa was eager for Yui to play basketball for the school, especially after July… She pushed the grime thought out of her head and focused on Yui’s reply.

“No. Until I've got things more figured out, you're the only person I'm telling, okay?” Yui wanted to tell her dad and she knew she will, she just needed a little bit time to sort things out. Seeing her friend nod made her heart warm up. Having a best friend like Haruka was a blessing for sure.

“Well, I'd love to hear them sometime. Your songs.” Paru chuckled after seeing her friends confused yet hopeful gaze.

“Yeah?”

“Yes.” Haruka confirmed with a bright smile, seeing her best friend’s eyes beam with light.

“Yeah, I'm finishing a couple of them tonight.” Yui said, a bit embarrassed someone will get to see her writings, but it was her best friend, so she was sure there was nothing to worry about.

“Great. Also...” It was time to say what she was preparing to say throughout this whole summer, watching all those confessions happen on stage during her internship at the Metropolitan Theater over in Tokyo. She started gathering courage, slowly letting carefully rehearsed words roll out of her mouth. “I've been thinking about us, Yui, and our friendship, and how it's time we...”

At first Yui was paying attention to what her friend was saying but as her eyes accidentally slipped past Paru’s shoulder into the Shoppe’s area, her mind blanked out and her mouth went agape. A beautiful girl walked into the Shoppe, her black dress flowing around her long legs as her dazzling smile took Yui’s breath away. She didn’t even notice that Paru stopped talking and looked at the new girl and then back at Yui in disbelief.

In the end Jurina had to go get food, after discussing with Shiichan about what is good there to order at Sakae Sunshine Shoppe. No way she was going to eat the disgusting bread her mom was drooling about.

Walking into the Shoppe, she once again thought how she missed Tokyo and all the glory of the bustling city and its modern skyscrapers with glass elevators and expensive shopping malls. This place reeked “oldies” to her, but well, this was her life right now.

At least the Shoppe owner seemed cool and up to date with what is fashionable right now. Oh, and look, there is a hottie sitting at one of the tables and she must introduce herself to her. First, of course, she has to get food. Jurina approached the owner, who just finished serving one of the tables.

“I called in an order, for Matsui?” Jurina addressed the owner.

“Hello beautiful~” Momoka whistled and chuckled. “One meat sauce spaghetti and one banana mayo bread, yeah, almost ready, but you gotta wait.”

Jurina rolled her eyes at the owner winking at her and turned to the table with the beautiful girl she noticed before. There was another girl at it, also quite a beauty.

“Hi.” Jurina said, sounding cheerful, even if she didn’t really feel all that glitter and glam.

“Hey.” Yui replied, looking at the newcomer, still in awe.

“How are the meat balls here?” Jurina asked, trying to smoothly ease into the conversation.

“So good.” The black-haired girl nearly drooled out, and Paru wasn’t so sure if what was on Yui’s mind was food at the moment. She was not content with the way Yui stared at this new girl.

“Can you add some meat balls to the spaghetti, too, please?” Jurina called to the owner.

“Yeah, darling, of course.” Momoka returned with another wink and laughed out loud to another eyeroll she got from this new lady.

“Thanks.” Jurina managed politely, however, with a hint of irony in her voice, then turned back to the two girls at the table. “Mama and I just moved here, so...”

“From where?” Yui asked, still unable to stop gazing at the girl.

“Tokyo.” Jurina started feeling a bit uncomfortable from the intense stare, so she looked at the brown-haired girl for now.

“Wow.” It was all Yui could reply, and once again, Haruka was even more convinced her best friend had a completely different thing in mind. Or person.

“Do you guys go to Akibara High School?” Jurina questioned.

“We do. Both of us.” Paru finally spoke. She was not sure why she felt the need to add the following piece of information, but she did anyways. “Together.”

“Yeah, we’re sophomores.” Yui continued.

“Me too...” The air was clearly shouting to Jurina this was a couple she was talking to but she needed to continue this since she was the one who started, and the order was not ready yet. “I'm filled with dread.”

“Why is that?” Yui asked, a silly huge smile still on her face as her eyes practically glittered.

“Are you familiar with the current pop songs?” Jurina asked and seeing both of them nod, she continued. “Well, I'm Galaxy of Dreams, but this place is strictly Boku no Taiyou.

All three of them laughed, the tense air slowly dissolving.

“Matsui Jurina.” She introduced herself to the two.

“Miyazawa Yui.” The black-haired girl practically sang out her name, then looked at her best friend, as if only now remembering she also was there. “Uh, this is Takahashi Haruka.”

“Wait, are you...” Jurina couldn’t believe her luck.

“Supposed to give you your tour tomorrow?” Paru smiled as kindly as she could. Something about this girl didn’t make her feel all too well. “Yes. I'm your peer mentor.”

“Do you want to join us?” Yui suddenly asked, rejoicing in how clever she was this evening. She missed Haruka’s face contorting into a small scowl, which lasted only for a few seconds until the girl regained her self-composure. “Hey, maybe we can un-fill you with dread.”

“My mama's waiting for me.” Jurina half-apologetically said, because she did see Haruka’s reaction and she felt like a third wheel. Yui seemed to not notice it or maybe she was being nice, Jurina didn’t know. It was time to go for her anyways, as she spotted the owner placing her order on the counter and winking at her. Matsui looked at the two and smiled. “But, to be continued.”

“Yeah.” Yui replied dreamily and watched Jurina walk away. She was impressed and infatuated, there was no denial in her brain. Now she had to concentrate and finish listening to her best friend’s story. She turned back to Haruka. “So, what were you saying?”

“Nothing.” Paru sighed and sipped her drink. It suddenly had no taste.

End of Chapter 1.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:33:25 PM by sakura_drop_ »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Lies and Secrets (Mystery, Romance) |YuiHarem| Chapter 1
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
That first part with the incident drives a bit backstory although wondering if there is a connection going into the next part  :nervous (small strand but definitely interested)

Can't wait for the next chapter :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »
@bunny_rabbit: of course, I knew you would like the YuiHarem and IT IS YOUR Yui we are talking about in here ;) as for genderbender, the choices are not what you expect at all, because I don't think it would fit with the storyline if I went for obvious people like Jurina or etc. Well, there is one obvious person, but another one is UNEXPECTED haha, and sorry to disappoint you, but I do not think Yui would be much interested in you if you were in the sotry, I should stop hinting things XD and well I myself hope to finish this so yeah, let's hope I do
yeah, I also won't be too interested if I found myself in the sotry... but if it's in the S-T-O-R-Y I might still interested :kekeke: okay, sorry 'bout that... just can't help to point it out--the old habit from too much hanging out with my Family Guild hard to die :on lol:

glad to know that it will about the gorgous kyoto princess and not the kid from the apple land... though it would be an interesting surprise if it's about the later :on lol:

so... ITANO Tomomi eh, not SHINODA Tomomi? Half sister or adopted? :dunno:

a character was "killed" right from the start... is this MG5 or what?! :hiakhiakhiak: not much clue revealed, but there's something fishy about this incident... :hehehe:

the whole squad of tentoumuchu is here... I wonder if the whole squad of dendenmuchu will also be here--can't leave majide hentai-chan without her wifey alone can't we :kekeke:

HEAVENS... MOMOKA IS HERE!!! THE KINOSHITA MOMOKA IS HERE!!! :on woohoo: it's a RARE sight to see her in a story, even if she's in, she'll ended just as a cameo or worse only her name being mentioned :cool2: hope she'll get a decent screen time here :prayers:

watch out, J-Puppy is coming to town... go catch that puppy hime, go catch her!!! I'm rooting on you two--though not as much as I root you with your other half short-haired-rocker-girl :kekeke: --but I can handle seeing you and J-Puppy together...

typing in phone is troublesome, so I'll just stop here... might edit&add something more if I get the chance... if not, then see ya next time :on crazygran:

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 09:36:03 PM »
@bunny_rabbit: of course, I knew you would like the YuiHarem and IT IS YOUR Yui we are talking about in here ;) as for genderbender, the choices are not what you expect at all, because I don't think it would fit with the storyline if I went for obvious people like Jurina or etc. Well, there is one obvious person, but another one is UNEXPECTED haha, and sorry to disappoint you, but I do not think Yui would be much interested in you if you were in the sotry, I should stop hinting things XD and well I myself hope to finish this so yeah, let's hope I do
yeah, I also won't be too interested if I found myself in the sotry... but if it's in the S-T-O-R-Y I might still interested :kekeke: okay, sorry 'bout that... just can't help to point it out--the old habit from too much hanging out with my Family Guild hard to die :on lol:

so... ITANO Tomomi eh, not SHINODA Tomomi? Half sister or adopted? :dunno:

:gmon butt:   IT WAS A MISTAKE... you know, Itano Tomomi was logical to type out, forgetting she is le daughter of Shinoda family...   :gmon getout: now it's fixed, so sorry for the confusion  :gmon tears:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:45:03 PM by sakura_drop_ »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »
^ I figured it out quick although it wouldn't be such a problem beyond going to that next paragraph :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 12:01:00 AM »
"saves spot  :on polter: :on polter: :on polter:

LOL..sorry for the late comment..I tend to postpone things
hahahha...as promise I have arrived before chap2

okay so first of all WHY THERE"S DEATH ON FIRST CHAPTER?????
and then why yui must have harem..isnt it enough with only haruka by her side...lol kiddin
and DANG THOSE PICTURE OF MIYUKI AND JURINA..
U GONNA KILL ALL OF US Mostly me hahaha "wipe my bloody nose
"breath in and out...when u said jurina gonna be one of the character..
I was like "sparkles eyes....whose will be her pair...muahahaha
hahaha..waitttt yui...keep ur eyes from jurina like seriously ehhhh???? yuiiii dudeee
whose jurina dad???? as yuki bein her mom...TAT
HAHAHAHHAA PARURU JEALOUS..and thanks for updating xDD
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:34:25 PM by kuro_black29 »
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 02:29:06 AM »
I'm afraid I still think of my comment as nothing more than me expressing what I like and dislike about a fiction. (Though I hardly find things I dislike unless it's about a specific character or two, lol.) After getting through the second day of another school week, I finally have time to settle down and type my comment. Keep in mind that as you read through the post, you'll notice that my comment is entirely based off from my live reading. So I apologize ahead of time for any ridiculous questions that sprout from here. I'm sure it'll be immediately answered the more I read throughout the update. :sweatdrop:

A N Y W A Y

I find it unique of the two notice before the start of Chapter 1.

:same  The story blocks are in chronological order, but not necessarily on the same day, as you will see while reading on :)
:same   Some words have links for you to click on so you can get the reference needed ;)

Interesting how the story will progress in chronological order, but it won't occur on the same day. Most fictions follow the formula of A :same B :same C in regard to time. Time and setting plays a huge role in creating the atmosphere, so I look forward to seeing how this will be executed in this first chapter so far. I also have high hopes once again that this won't stumble and fall into a direction where unnecessary confusion greets us readers. And alright, I will hand it to you, the first link I clicked on created a louder response than I had thought from myself. Good for the fanboys/fangirls, great for the visualization aid, and awesome for the one-time shock factor of references for us readers to indulge in. I literally went:

"Oh, so this is the mentioned links. Is it going to be about a definition or some kind of--"

"..." sees Miyuki dressed and posed in such way from the link

"Wow... Totally did NOT see that coming."

The transition is smooth between Tomomi's (Itano) and Miyuki's mischievous adventure. It wasn't so wordy to the point I would've fallen asleep nor is it so fast that I was forced to reread the beginning part of the chapter. It gets straight to the point, and that delivery is appropriately made. When they got out of the car, that written part about grabbing Tomochin's hand gave me some serious flashback of "The Handmaiden (Korean)" movie for some reason... But that might just be me. What kind of mischief are they up to?

Oh?

A loud crack ripped the air in the forest and a flock of birds flew up from the trees.

What is this? This is quite a shock. Abruptly slapped in between the two larger text... What is this suppose to mean? I'm theorizing that there's a possibility someone is getting whipped... then again, I might be watching and reading too many horrific tales from history and novels. I doubt it could be someone breaking their bones. Never recalled reading up on a situation where cracking even the strongest bone in your skeletal system would terrify the birds from the trees. (Keeping in mind that it's more than one tree too!) Prayers that someone isn't getting whipped so hard that multiple birds had to fly away from the loud sound. In a more innocent sense, it could be a tree having cracked from some supernatural occasion... or a random noise production from an unidentified source. Ah, I feel like I'm going nowhere with this sentence alone. Maybe even overthinking it in the wrong direction. However, your choice of placing the isolate sentence and mysterious atmosphere that emits from it is really poking the curious side of my mind.

Moving onward, this is going to be a bit more difficult for me to swallow since I see new members' name popping up. I'm going to assume that the Yui here with the last name of Kojina is originally Yokoyama Yui, right...? Or could it just be a new member, lol? Probably is a new member, silly LF. As for the others, I'll drive forward with their names temporarily stuck to my memory bank. I apologize about this. Nana being the girl scout leader is somewhat an amusing role. I foresee something bad happening even if a leader is hanging around... Interactions between the female characters are natural. Ignoring the fact that I don't know the new members at all, you wrote it in a way that if the actual members repeated the written dialogues, there would be no abnormality. Now here's where the fun part starts. First of all, the birds. I wonder if they're following the same birds that flew away from the earlier single-sentence? Second, there's Tomochin who is... drenched? Time to put on the thinking hat... What in the world is going on? She's by herself, wet (probably from being in the river), and is in a state of shock. It didn't help that she uttered Miyuki's name. I'm going to predict that something happened to her sister, she witnessed it, and got terrified. Did Miyuki die. plz tel me. Talk about first-time confrontation for the girl scouts...

Shinoda Mariko and Haruna? Like... Kojima Haruna? (I'm so rusty on the members' name, oh my gosh.) Shipping goal accomplished! They're married and have two beautiful daughters... or, well... I suppose this isn't the right time to be celebrating when we have Miyuki missing. Sad to see that the police investigation resulted in bad news only. Good way to shift the atmosphere from a mischievous trip that could be light-hearted (or cruel) to something tragic. Though there's a couple standing by the river and watching the process. Judging by the mentioned name of Minami and black-haired female that accompanied the midget shorter female, can I assume that this is Atsuko we're reading about? Quite heartless to wish for a deceased young girl to burn in Hell. Maybe Miyuki and Tomochin weren't so nice after all... or maybe there's some sort of resentment coming from the couple? I'm sure there a some incidents in reality where people resent children of individuals they despise regardless of their association. Guess if you're related by blood, you're pretty much screwed! Now there's another enigmatic character that entered the scene... Snapping pictures of the scene, and she's not from the police squad or government justice force? Seeing her reaction and quietly moving away from the premise after doing what she wanted to do gave me some sort of image that she's a blogger. For whatever reason, I immediately thought of Chaos;Head when I thought that she might be one, lol. I could be wrong though.

So Miyuki got buried. Or, well, I suppose the correct way to say that sentence is adding the quotation for "buried". Doesn't seem to be awkward since missing victims who were gone for far too long can be proclaimed deceased and "buried" in the same manner as this girl here. Aha, a tip of the boat makes everything worse. Honestly, if you drop something in the river, I suggest it's best to think of it as being gone forever. Then again, if it's an important possession... That might just make everything more complicated than it needs to be. Poor Miyuki though. Doing what's best for her sister. Here we have the gears turning for another exciting, but puzzling part of the story. Tragedy brings about change, and sometimes that change isn't for the better. I get the feeling that it's going to get busy now that we have the arrival of the black car.

Ohohohoho, Matsui Jurina enters the fray! Matsui Yuki? Could this hint that Jurina's parents are YukiRena? Well, either way, it doesn't seem to end quite well thanks to this:

“Plus, it's the only piece of property in my name and not your papa's.” Her mama said, a slight edge in her voice.

Yikes. Divorce (I'm going to assume), I see? Looks like the relationship between Yuki and her spouse didn't sail as smoothly as most of us shippers desperately hope for. I wonder how Jurina feels about it?

Speaking of Jurina, this was in the text and I immediately came to a screeching halt:

Jurina simply watched, feeling weird and yet knowing she will be introduced soon. She knew it was her mother’s family butler and she had to admit the female so far looked harmless and pleasant to the eye.

...she had to admit the female so far looked harmless and pleasant to the eye.

...harmless and pleasant...

I don't know if you were using it in a way to describe the female butler, but usually seeing the two key words "so far" really set up the alarm bells in my head. It's not ringing yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the young Matsui had any indication of being suspicious towards the woman. She felt weird too. Maybe adolescent's hormones are kicking in, but there's no point in feeling this way. Could something have happened with a past butler they once had? Their backgrounds are noted to be those from the high class family lines, so maybe having that status created problems in regard to finance or power? Argh, I'm not sure. I'm just blabbering what I think that pops to mind.

“What is a Sakae Sunshine Shoppe and why does it sell gross bread?” Jurina asked, feeling her stomach flip just from the words banana and mayonnaise in a one sentence.

This made me laugh. I felt grossed out too with the strange combination of banana and mayonnaise. Not sure if my corrupted brain is making everything worse than it seems, but I'm having a slight notion that this is euphemism for something disgusting. (You know... maggots... flies... exposed flesh-- Oh, nevermind.) Despite what I thought of, the reaction her mother and the butler gave is kind of strange. They didn't bother to answer Jurina's question. Is it simply because they view her as a young girl or is there something more to it?

Ah, that link. Got to reference an AKB48 song or this wouldn't be a true fiction dedicated to the fandom, lol! I must thank you for showing that image of Kato Rena. First, it clarified to me that it wasn't Matsui Rena with the family name switched for the sake of this fiction's plot. Second, I almost mistaken her for Takahashi Minami. I need serious help here. :rofl: Miyazawa Yui? Dang, is this the Yokoyama Yui? Like... THE Yokoyama Yui? Either way, focusing on the characters themselves, I love the close relationship between Kato and Shimazaki Haruka here. Description of their actions, even when they're minor to the whole story, tells so much about their personality. And Y E S, one of my three hardcore ships for Yui is going to sail because why not. Though the text makes it sound like Yui rarely puts on anything nice. I'm imagining her to be like me in terms of daily style. (Sweatpants/jeans & t-shirts & sneakers.) Please allow me to secretly cheer on for YuiParu. Then again... since this is a harem series for Yui, looking forward to see how their relationship will be shaken in the near future.

“Tonight, you must ask her to Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby.”

Go go, Paruru~

Not much for me to say about the next part other than some nice casual conversation between Yui and Haruka. Best friends, huh? I bet you Haruka is going to be third-wheeled-- I mean, in a worse-case scenario, that is. (Thanks K-drama.) Anyway, it looks like Haruka's internship went well judging by the tone and immediate change of response to match her excitement. Then there's Yui's turn, in which she worked for her father. An observation worth noted based on her friend's curiosity:

Her best friend used to be one of the most unfashionable people in town, who had a big heart and pure soul, and seeing her now, all prepped up, made Haruka even more curious to find out about the reason for her friend’s change in style.

Everything seems to be going fine and dandy. A stark contrast in comparison to the beginning of this first chapter! This sudden shift would turn off some folks, but honestly, in my personal opinion, this seems to be going well. Actually, it's implemented well in this case. Forcing us readers to go through one phase can and will wear us down. (That's probably why I feel so exhausted after a movie from Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean series.) Love the basketball reference for some reason. I've always seen Sae (I'm really hoping this is the Miyazawa Sae we're talking about) as a sporty and athletic person both in reality and in the fictional realm. So that's a nice tip of the hat towards it.

At first Yui was paying attention to what her friend was saying but as her eyes accidentally slipped past Paru’s shoulder into the Shoppe’s area, her mind blanked out and her mouth went agape. A beautiful girl walked into the Shoppe, her black dress flowing around her long legs as her dazzling smile took Yui’s breath away. She didn’t even notice that Paru stopped talking and looked at the new girl and then back at Yui in disbelief.

DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG girl, what the heck were you doing!? Haruka literally spilled out her feelings and realized that, oh goodness, someone's trapped Yui in a lustful state. Man, I bet drama is going to happen. I knew it! I KNEW IT. Poor Paruru is going to be third-wheeled! She's going to be! I bet one of my fictions that it's going to happen!

“So good.” The black-haired girl nearly drooled out, and Paru wasn’t so sure if what was on Yui’s mind was food at the moment. She was not content with the way Yui stared at this new girl.

I laughed. I legit laughed out loud. Holy goodness, Yui, you're digging a deeper hole if you continue doing that around Haruka. Someone please get Shimazaki out of here! The interactions between Jurina and Yui were pretty sweet, and Paruru being the poor friend who really wanted to convey her true emotions towards the oblivious and rather dense Yui, ha. Can't believe we've already gotten a love triangle (sort of) in the making here!

Overall, I like it. It's been a while since I've typed a comment, it's been a while since I've typed a comment that didn't involve hardcore critiques, and I truly relish the sensation of reading a series that makes me go "Wow, I can totally enjoy this." The new characters, the interesting romantic relationships that are springing up from the ground, and the plot from earlier in the update still gnaws at my brain on what it's going to be about. I'm sure you aren't just switching to something close to slice-of-life for no apparent reason. There's got to be a bigger story here! Though seriously, thanks for writing this. Yui really needs some love here, and I'm glad she plays a large role in this series. Please, let me know ASAP when you have the next update up!

P.S. I have no clue why I keep typing "Shimakaze" instead of "Shimazaki". Curse Kantai Collection for ruining me!

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Erza_Jerusalem

• Member+
  • Newbie as Always~
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »
lol i didn't noticed the update :lol:

weeell, this first chapter made me go bouncy here, i don't know, i was like all confused when i read the first part

specially the Shinoda Haruna part... I went like: "What? Shinoda Haruna? As in Kojima Haruna? Why isn't it Oshimaaaaaa..." so on and so forth

that sounded a bit disappointing lol just kidding, i'm sure you have something up your sleeves that's why you chose the pairs...

and mehh... YuiJurina? I'd like to see one. HAHAHAHA i was laughing at the part were Yui got awestruck by Jurina, it's like she got herself a big catch  :lol: :lol: :lol:
poor Paru tho, Yui missed the confession she gave to her... :(  blame that lady killer!

i do sense drama in the upcoming chapterrrszz so i definitely be looking forward to it  :twothumbs i like dramas/angst! and i can't wait to see the troublesome Yui with her harem... or not lol XD

anyways, thanks for the update and will wait for more chaps!  :D

p.s.
-I can't believe there's another Yokoyama Yui! I just found out a few days ago and I didn't buy it at first, but when I saw that she's a real deal. Oh my, sht just got real  :lol:

Offline mitsuhara_itsuko

• Member+
  • Bisu is love~
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 12:21:55 AM »
Oh man, it's been a while since I last checked this place. Anyway...

The first text tho. xD  Thanks Saku ^_^

Since I lost the ability to make longer comments, I'll give you a short one. (I'm so sorry! ;w;)

Anyhow...

You definitely got me curious with the prologue. Now that I read the first chapter, you got me wanting for more! :3 This could be my faulty memory talking but iirc, there weren't a lot of Yui x someone fics around. Much less a YuiHarem one. Ever since the Love Live fandom swallowed me whole, I started reading less and less 48G fics. May this fanfic restore my lost interest. Also...

BLESS YOU FOR WRITING THIS  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
hallo ... ds is ket

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »
Before I start reviewing your fantastic fic, I have to say that I really like the way you used links as a quick reference and more accurate depiction of how the characters in the story look like or whatever they were wearing at the time, not needing long-winded written descriptions like how people would've normally gone with. I know I would've.  :sweatdrop:

With that out of the way, here's my long overdue review >< Hontou ni gomen ne, Saku!  :bow:

I loved how your story set out as both ambiguous and mysterious. Side note, it made me go "ohhh~" when I saw the mention of Miyuki and Tomomi as sisters, relating to the post you asked on Adorks haha.

They went towards the riverbank, where a boat was present, as if waiting for them to get into it and take a ride, which they did.

Miyuki looked at Tomochin and smiled, seeing a smirk grace the older girl’s lips. This was going to be the best mischief of their lives.

This part intrigued me quite a bit. As you mentioned "as if waiting for them to get into it and take a ride", I wonder if it was someone they knew who prepared that boat, which led to the unfortunate events that occurred later? Or Tomomi who prepared it in advance?  :huhuh

Hmm... Either way, the whole situation felt way too convenient and intentional that the sisters were mentally and physically(?) prepared for this. I can only imagine that someone is pulling the strings.... or I am probably just thinking too much.  :doh:

What could've possibly caused such a sound? I mean usually it would be the cracking sound of a branch being stepped on (as I imagined when I read through this) but somehow something felt off, especially when you purposely pointed it out in a separate paragraph...  :?

Moving on, would be the fact that the girl scouts randomly discovering Tomomi drenched and all, with Miyuki gone. That, and whatever the sisters did together, created a huge mystery that made me want to know what the heck just happened?! And whether Miyuki is alive and well... but seeing how you described Tomomi to be at the moment the girls found her... the odds seem low for her survival. Unless Tomomi was acting? (Yes I realise I am asking questions after question just because I can't help it when reading!  :lol: )

"A couple stood by the river, watching the process, the black-haired woman’s face cold as stone, the short one only looking at everything in a worried gaze.

“If she is dead, Minami, I hope in those last moments she suffered. May Shinoda Miyuki burn in hell.” The black-haired woman whispered to her husband and the woman looked back at her in that same worried gaze."

Ho ho, who is this woman with no chill and deep hatred for Miyuki? I'd love to assume it's Atsuko since Minami is mentioned... though you didn't specifically say it was TAKAHASHI Minami. But hmm... for someone to have not even a hint of care for such a dire situation, did she have some kind of history with Miyuki at some point? It seems like her hatred directed at Miyuki alone though I'm leaving the interpretation of the woman's hatred directed towards the Shinoda family as a whole for now.

A girl with a camera snapped as many pictures as she could without being spotted by any of the higher ups or policemen and quickly left the scene. What she discovered, her lips were going to be sealed…for now. She fixed her spiked beanie with a “Baka” written on the front of it and scooted towards the city.

Who the heck is this person? She remained as a silhouette the whole time in my head due to the fact that I honestly can't think of who this person is. I wonder what her role is for this whole story. Some sort of reporter for, perhaps, future unfortunate incidents? I hope not... but really. WHO ARE YOU?  :shocked

A week later the Shinoda family buried an empty casket and it was announced that Miyuki’s death was an accident due to the story that Tomochin told to the cops. It was that Tomochin accidentally dropped her lace handkerchief in the water and Miyuki reached for it, boat tipping to the side, Miyuki panicking and falling into the water.

HAHA. No. I'm totally not buying that. Heck, it's odd that it sounds like Tomomi didn't even attempt to save Miyuki. There's DEFINITELY a darker truth to this.

It didn’t stop the townspeople from talking about the “July Fourth Tragedy” throughout the rest of the summer, and even on the last day of August, it was still the talk of the town. Unknowingly to them, a change was about to happen as a black car stopped in front of the Keyaki guesthouse.

I swear, this sounded like the arrival of a hero.  :lol:

Without quoting much, Jurina is still a Matsui in this story huh. Yuki.... Matsui......... dad. Rena was supposed to be in this as Yuki's other half? Hmm... But Yuki(rin) sounds like she's a bit too friendly with Shii-chan, the butler, that it strikes me suspicious of their relationship. I know they have a butler/master thing going on so they should be close but they sound a bit too close?

“Oh, no.” Yuki shook her head and her eyes held a sparkle as she continued in a nearly-drooling manner. “I have been craving for Kinoshita’s banana mayo bread since noon. Is her Sakae Sunshine Shoppe still open?”

Her mother and butler shared a knowing glance and the butler went to get their luggage while females started going upstairs to their apartment.

Jurina. I share the sentiment. That sounds gross to the max  :lol: BUT AGAIN, THE TWO 'ADULTS'! There HAS to be something between them! ... Or not. I'm just finding whatever I can that strikes me odd in your story  :rofl:

“Which is why nerves are acceptable, but we agreed, Paru...” A girl said and gave Haruka a knowing look. “It's time. You like her, she likes you.”

“Well, then---“ After turning to the mirror Haruka faced her friend once again, pointing at her with her make-up brush. “---why, Renacchi, hasn't she ever said or done anything?”

“Because…it’s Yui.” Kato Rena deadpanned. “And as we know, she can sometimes be oblivious, she needs to be told what she wants. So, tell her finally.”

“Well, we'll see.” Haruka returned to dusting her cheeks in light pink, her voice becoming soft and nervous as she thought about the so-much-discussed topic. “I mean, it depends...”

Yes. Because it's Yui. That dense human being that we all love. I am supporting you to the end, Paruru!!! Fight on! Here's to hoping that YokoYamamoto won't deter me if you somehow throw these two together because of your YuiHarem tag.

“Game-changer. Yui became gorgeous!” Rena added more pressure to her voice, making sure she stressed the gorgeous part enough for her friend to jump from the cushion chair and trot towards the window. “She finally wears something fashionable and even has make-up on!”

“Look at that make up face, she’s a doll!” Rena went on as Paru could only stare through the window, jaw dropped on the floor, while in front of their eyes Miyazawa Yui was doing her last preparation touches while wearing a nice blue and white set of clothes. “Tonight, you must ask her to Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby.”

YUI LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL IN THAT PHOTO ASHFGSKFHSLFJDS;GSGJSDL  :heart: :heart: :heart: Miyazawa though. At this point of the story, I'm already used to all the name changes  XD I wonder who is her parents? Other than the fact that one of them should be Sae.

“If it isn’t Yui-chan, then I am blind, but wow, you look fabulous girl~” The owner exclaimed and grinned at the eyeroll Yui made.

“And you dyed your hair blonde, Kinoshita-san, what’s next?” Yui teased. She grew up here and whenever she left the town for vacation or any other reasons, she would always miss a casual afternoon here, sipping on delicious drink and hanging out with her buddies.

“But it looks good on you.” Paru assured with a smile. “We will get our usual drinks at our table, Momoka-san.”

“Okay, one orange tapioca drink and one cream soda, I’ll bring it over soon~” Kinoshita Momoka replied and spun on her sneakers. While preparing the drink for the girls, she mused about the air feeling a bit romantic around the two, but it was not her deal anyway.

After Momoka's Priority song, I'm really happy to see her being in your fic x'D Yui and Momoka would totally work as best bros or something hahahaha.

Yay~ YuiParu table talk~ It was nice reading through them all. Paruru pondering whatever happened to Yui that lead her to become fashionable but ended up having a discussion of Yui's little hobby of writing song lyrics now. I went "aww" when she blushed at the reveal of them not being poems haha. A band though... I wonder who's part of the band. I'm interested! And yay for the mention of SAYANEEEEEEEE. But... as a sensei? Oh boy.

Then continuing the table talk lead to the talk of her sounding like some kind of athlete. Take a break, Yui gosh!  :shocked It sounds like she has a lot on her plate already and yet she still wants to exhaust herself even more... I'm probably as concerned as Paruru here. Then again, her love for Yui should be leaps and bounds over mine *shot'd*  :lol: I like the mention of basketball as one of her sports though, as I recently watched a documentary featuring Yui who was once the captain of her basketball club back in junior high or high school or something haha. It felt like a nice shoutout to the real Yuihan. :3

“Well, I'd love to hear them sometime. Your songs.” Paru chuckled after seeing her friends confused yet hopeful gaze.

“Yeah?”

“Yes.” Haruka confirmed with a bright smile, seeing her best friend’s eyes beam with light.

Ngaaaaaaw. This is such a precious moment  :heart:

“Great. Also...” It was time to say what she was preparing to say throughout this whole summer, watching all those confessions happen on stage during her internship at the Metropolitan Theater over in Tokyo. She started gathering courage, slowly letting carefully rehearsed words roll out of her mouth. “I've been thinking about us, Yui, and our friendship, and how it's time we...”

OF COURSE THIS HAPPENS. OF COURSE.  :banghead: WHY DIDN'T I ANTICIPATE IT?  :banghead: Yoko-- no-- MIYAZAWA YUI. WHY DID YOU FREAKIN' LOSE FOCUS AT A CRUCIAL TIME?! I can't blame her though, it's Jurina :v

“My mama's waiting for me.” Jurina half-apologetically said, because she did see Haruka’s reaction and she felt like a third wheel. Yui seemed to not notice it or maybe she was being nice, Jurina didn’t know. It was time to go for her anyways, as she spotted the owner placing her order on the counter and winking at her. Matsui looked at the two and smiled. “But, to be continued.”

“Yeah.” Yui replied dreamily and watched Jurina walk away. She was impressed and infatuated, there was no denial in her brain. Now she had to concentrate and finish listening to her best friend’s story. She turned back to Haruka. “So, what were you saying?”

“Nothing.” Paru sighed and sipped her drink. It suddenly had no taste.

Ughhhhh Jurina. You. Freakin'. Ughhhhhhh  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Then again, she's not the one too blame since she didn't go all flirty and crap. YUI IS THE ONE TO BLAME. I MEAN, LOOK AT POOR PARURU. DARN IT.  :( Yui is playing the 'love at first sight' card COMPLETELY wrong!

That being said, I wonder what's going to be next? It feels like two halves of a story that feel disconnected at the moment, especially on YuiParu's end. How are both halves of the story connected to each other? I'm really interested in knowing! Maybe I should check Riverdale out to see if I can spot some kind of hint, hmm? :v Can't wait for the next chapter, Saku! Again, I'm sorry for the late post ><

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
REPLIES.

@kuro_808: you are insightful, that is all I am gonna say  :sweatdrop:

@bunny_rabbit: you know if it was the kid from the apple land, I would actually consider writing a story based on Vampire Diaries or True Blood rather than Riverdale/Archie :D XD and you know I love our Yuihamtoku Ohimesama too much  :wub:  omg, don't remind me of MG5  :banghead:  and the whole thing is FISHY indeed  :rofl: you know that I cannot leave our Majime-sama without her wifey :D as for other Dendemuchu members, one of them is one of the MAIN characters, which is not to be confused with the LEAD characters (or SUPPORTING, MINOR, GUEST, CAMEO characters LOL) HOLY LORD MOMOKA IS SO PERFECT  :drool: :wub: SHE IS ALSO A MAIN CHARACTER!!! as for J-Puppy...just read Ch2 haha

@kuro_black29: AKIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~ you commented!!! sankyuu!!! death is a must for the plot to commence muahaha  :twisted: I kill not only you, I  also kill myself with those pictures, and there is way much more to come  :drool: :wub: as for the couples, just read ch2, so far at least

@LoyalFlutist: you know when I thought of writing this fanfic, I also thought of how will I try to appeal it to my readers. First of all, I wanted it to be different, thus the notes thing and different pairs than people are mostly used to. Yes, maybe I lost some of those readers who don't care about the story and only look out for certain ships, but I got attention of those who are interested in plots and stuff like that more than popular ships  :cathappy: and I made dhachou blush, what an achievement, though it is not that hard actualLY  :grin: as for that sole sentence, I had an action in mind, and that action had a certain sound. But see, I didn't want it to be too obvious neither did I want to use a word that is very frequently used, thus I used our good old friend google to help me with the description of that action and how it would sound, and there you have a result :) as for other things, well you have quite some good guesses and theories out there, not gonna lie. You have no idea how thankful I am that you read and commented on my story  :bow: :bow: :bow: I feel blessed  :bow:

@Erza_Jerusalem: I wanna thank you for not shying away from this fanfic despite some things that left you confused or weirded out. I hope you continue reading and I hope some of your questions will be answered in the next chapter, but let me warn you, you will have new questions  :roll:

@mitsuhara_itsuko: I am glad you liked your birthday present, and I hope you will like the next chapter as much, I know you are excited about a lot of the things in the story, especially a few certain characters, and I hope I do not disappoint you  :cathappy:

@MisakiShishido: don't apologize, I love your review, I told you I will wait for it and I kept my word  8) I am glad both you and shachou liked the references  :heart: a lot of your sentences and reactions made me giggle, and like shachou you also have pretty good guesses and ideas, but I cannot reply to any of them because that would be a spoiler a tad too big  :grin: so I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for commenting, I love reading what people think when they read my stories, it helps me with motivation and who doesn't love a feedback, be it good or bad?  :) :cathappy:
THANKS to everyone who reads and likes or even comments. I really appreciate it. :) The update will be here in a bit, patience, my darlings ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:11:10 AM by sakura_drop_ »

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 01:15:41 AM »
Lies And Secrets

Chapter 2

:same   The story blocks are in chronological order, but not necessarily on the same day, as you will see while reading on :)
:same   There is a swear word somewhere in the story and also an illegal activity, so beware.  :O
:same   word0 look for its further explanation at the very bottom of the update  :wth
:same   this font means that the text you are reading right now is a flashback or memory  :roll:

It’s a new day for Akibara townspeople, especially for all attending or working in Akibara High School. It’s September 1. Students are getting ready, teachers are getting ready, The Principal…um…the principal’s secretary is also getting ready. Everyone is more or less excited to start the new schoolyear.

Miyazawa Yui was in a rush. She had a tendency to be at school at least fifteen minutes before the bell rings, and that morning was not really on her side. Even if Yui still had time, at best she was going to be at school five minutes before the bell.

“Hey, dad, first day of school and I’m already late!” Yui exclaimed, practically flying down the staircase. A Spanish fold cat was watching the girl from the doorway to a dining room and Yui beamed a smile, bending to stroke her precious cat’s fur. “Hey, Bisu.”

“Hey, you wanna come with me to the station later?” Miyazawa Saemon asked his daughter while preparing his favorite oolong tea in the mini kitchen, connected to the living room.

“Dad, it's my first day.” Yui bit on her inner cheek. There was a lot on her mind and TV station was not the place she wanted to go to, at least not today.

“Oh, but…we have to get you more practice, so aunt places you on regular shows throughout summer.”

“It’s aunt, dad. I am sure she will put me as a regular anyways.” Yui pointed out. She knew her aunt Rino too well to be as worried as her dad about her next summer. “Also, I’ve got basketball tryouts. Or is that not okay?”

“No, it's perfect!” Mr. Miyazawa was more than happy to hear his daughter finally listened to his wish. “Good luck, I hope you make it in. Make me proud!”

“Thanks, dad.” Yui sighed. There was too much pressure and she wasn’t even sure if she wanted to make it into the team, but seeing her dad this happy she had to at least try. “I’ll do my best.”

“Haruka. This coming year is critical for colleges. Grades are important, extracurricular activities, athletics. Maintaining a decent character is hugely important, they do look at that.”

“Mother, I'm a sophomore.” Paru sighed. She was packing her schoolbag and trying to pay attention to her mother’s words, however, in all honesty, she’d rather not. She knew what was coming and she tried her best to not finish mother’s sentences for her.

“You've accomplished so much, I don't want anything ruining that.” Takahashi Atsuko gently scolded and then her expression turned to that of a sour one. “I mean, just think of your poor sister. She was such a shining star before she let that Shinoda girl ruin her.”

“Mother, I'm not Ripopo…” It was painful to speak of her sister, especially with her mother.

“You missed curfew last night.” Atsuko’s voice was stern, stare judging.

“By seven minutes.” Haruka defended herself in a quiet voice then sighed and decided to speak up. “Mother, I was with Yui, who has a male in the family, yes, but is nothing like Shinoda Miyuki.”

“Oh, but sweetie, all male-related girls are like Shinoda Miyuki.” Atsuko took a deep breath and scrunched her nose, a wrinkle appearing on it. She then stood up and her gaze turned into a pleasant one. “I love you so much, Haruka. I just need you to be smart, okay?

Paru nodded. She never understood what else her mother needed her to do. Haruka was the perfect kid. She did everything; she did her best, she tried to please her mothers, teachers and friends. Was it really not enough?

“And stay... Focused.” Atsuko added and grabbed Paru’s hand, putting a medicine bottle into her daughter’s hands, then caressed her cheek gently. “I refilled your Sakura-petals. Doctor Miyawaki said you forgot to pick up your prescription.”

With those words her mother left the room and closed the door. Haruka was left standing, staring at the see-through item in her hand, pink soft petals residing inside. A smile graced her lips. Mother loved her, in her own twisted way, but she definitely loved her.

It was the first ten-minute break in Akibara High School, students chatting in the halls and the buzz all alive at the start of the new schoolyear. Yui stood by her locker, looking at one of her written songs she doodled this morning. A bump on her shoulder scared her and she shoved her doodle far away into her locker, grabbing her books and shutting close the metal door, making sure it locked itself. Yui then turned to her friend, who held an amused smile on her face because of the reaction Yui just made.

“Yo, Yuihan, you are ready for basketball. I'm not kidding you. Did you really JUST talk with people in that station?” Takahashi Juri smirked and bumped her friend again. No wonder her cousin was head over heels in love with Yui. “Damn, you even have make-up on and wear fashionable clothes, and just look at this arm, it's gorilla!”

“Don’t mention my mom, thank you.” Yui sighed and shrugged her friend’s hand off of her shoulder. “Do you have nothing better to do? How’s your math? Got better over the summer?”

“Nah, come ‘on, how much are you benching, like 220? 225? You got to give me some tips, Yuihan.” Juri continued, ignoring the painful subject. No one needed to know she had her mother call a math tutor for her over the summer, and that it was nothing pleasant. “Romanian deadlifts, right? Taking some pills? Ginseng? Maca root? Steroids?”

“Juri…” Yui pinched her nose bridge and shook her head. “You forget I dance, I do athletics like you and I play tennis.”

“Oh, yeah, yeah, that's right.” Juri agreed with irony in her voice, not believing a single thing. Maybe her friend was as fit as always, but something about Yui’s appearance and poise was different. She saw Yuri hitting on one of their classmates and dragged him away. “Yo, Peace. Look who grew up over the summer.”

“Oy! I was about to get her number!” Kizaki Yuri scoffed at his friend and then looked over at Yui. He saw no change in the girl whatsoever, not even the make-up or clothes did her prettier in his eyes.

“As if any of the girls are willing to give their number to a guy, wake up, dude!” Juri rolled her eyes and then caught up with Yui. “Yo, be honest with me. You worked at any houses? Any private homes?”

“No, I swear. It was only TV station, endless conversations, rehearsals, paperwork, etc.” Yui was tired of this interrogation by her friends.

“Did you snatch some cougar presenter this summer over there?” Juri winked at her friend and Yuri snickered.

“You know what…” Yui shoved her friend playfully away, ignoring the flashbacks of this summer gnawing at the corner of her memory folds. “I think that's more a fantasy from your dreams, Juri. I'll catch you guys soon.”

“Peace out, Yuihan.” Kizaki looked at Juri and smirked knowingly. “You were right.”

“I’m telling you, she totally did it, bro.” Takahashi Juri grinned and the two went to their next class.

“So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context.” Paru started in her cheerful voice once another break has started and she together with Jurina left the classroom. She usually was quiet, but for some reason being with the new girl made her want to show she was not a pushover. “Akibara High School first opened its doors in 2005 and---”

“---and hasn't been redecorated since, apparently.” Jurina rolled her eyes and looked at Paru cheekily. “Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through one of the schools in Majisuka Gakuen series.”

“Uh-huh.” Haruka giggled and looked around. “It’s not that bad…maybe.”

“So, what's the social scene like here?” Matsui asked, hoping at least for some actual fun in this town where it felt like she was back in the past. “Any night clubs?”

A girl in a blue uniform and a black bag slung over her shoulder appeared behind the two and wrapped her arms over both girls’ waists. She watched Jurina and Haruka give her surprised stares and then Paru’s face washed in relief as Jurina’s face held a confused expression. She then let go of the two and giggled, earning a bonk on her head from Haruka.

“A strip club called The Saturday Night and a tragic straights’ bar called Ojiisan. On Friday nights, we have basketball games and then dance-off parties at the Giza Mall parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at The Milk Planet, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Akibara. And Sunday nights...” Kato Rena finally took a breather and grinned at the newcomer. “Thank God for Sunshine Sakae Shoppe being open 24/7.”

“Matsui Jurina, Kato Rena.” Haruka introduced the two, reprimanding herself to scold Renacchi later for showering Jurina with this load of information without a warning. “Jurina's new here. Renacchi is...”

“...straight, thank God.” Jurina smiled widely, for the first time showing her puppy smile to the people in this town. “Let's be best friends.”

“Is it true what they say about your dad?” Renacchi asked and got jabbed into her stomach by Haruka.

“That she's the devil incarnate?” Jurina’s expression suddenly turned cold. “I stand by my papa.”

It seemed like the air got cold in the hall and Paru could only throw dagger-like stares at Rena, who was still confused why her question was taken with such reactions.

“Does everyone here know?” Matsui asked and seeing Paru hang her head low she scoffed. “Wonderful. First day in and I'm already The Black Sheep of Akibara High School.”

“What?” Renacchi asked when she saw Paru giving her the ‘dead’ look. She was still confused why this was a sensitive topic to talk about. “Better us than…you know who.”

Yui was nervous but determined. It’s not like she didn’t believe in herself, but there was this inkling in her chest, telling her to just retrieve. However, she was not the one to give up so easily, so as the beautiful vocals and melody got louder, she braced herself and finally opened the doors to the school’s theater.

As usual, there were three girls sitting on the chairs on the stage, two of them playing guitars and third one on a piano, their voices beautifully singing their latest song.

:note: “tsubasa wa iranai   kibou ga aru kara   kanashimi mo michi no tochuu   hitasura arukou” :note:

Tori wa sa--- Mh-mh.” The center girl stopped singing and they all seized playing their instruments. “Excuse me, this is a closed rehearsal.”

“I'm sorry, I... Listen, Mion…” Yui took a deep breath. “I was hoping I could talk to you about these songs that I write for you? You see…”

“Let me just stop you right there.” Oshima Mion pointed a finger at Yui to stop her from talking anymore unnecessary crap, in her opinion. “You're staring at our private rehearsal, which is rude, but let me break it down for you. LOVE Berries are building a brand, creating a signature look, okay? We're telling a story. Last year, we won Meguro Ward's Battle of the Bands, right, Aoitan?”

“That we did.” The girl at the piano replied. The one at the base guitar also nodded in agreement.

“This year, we'd like to build on that success, to continue telling our story with the songs YOU write.” Mion added sternly.

“I get that.” Yui sighed. She knew she shouldn’t have agreed to write the songs for them last year. “It's just...”

“Read my ready to sing lips, ohimesama wannabe.” Mion walked up close to Yui and dabbed a finger at her chest with each following word. “Not. Gonna. Happen.”

It was supposed to be another lesson to everyone, but there was a special assembly announced and the trio was now walking towards the sports hall.

“Oh, and of course there's the Back-to-School semiformal dance this weekend.” Paru remembered, getting a sparkle in Jurina’s eyes in return.

“Oh! There's the hottie we were with last night.” Jurina exclaimed and it was clear the dance was not what she was excited about. “The beautiful eyes and post-workout curves Jean d’Arc. Is she your girlfriend?”

“No, she's normal.” Renacchi answered and then realized the question was towards Paru.

“No, we're just friends.” Haruka replied quietly.

“In that case, mind putting in a word?” Jurina asked. “I've yet to kiss someone from a small town and she seems to be right my taste.”

“Actually, to clarify...” Renacchi started, ignoring Paru’s frantic head shaking. “Haruka and Yui aren't dating, but they are endgame.”

“You should ask her to the semiformal then.” Matsui suggested with all seriousness, showing she was listening to Paru’s school tour after all.

“She should, but I heard it might be getting canceled.” Kato said grimly and seeing Jurina’s confused gaze she continued. “Because of what happened to Miyuki.”

“Who's Miyuki and what happened to her?” Jurina asked curiously.

“You’re gonna hear it all at the assembly.” Haruka said as the three approached the sports hall.

Jurina has been in way greater halls and even had to say a few speeches herself but to see the girl on stage was somewhat outputting for her. It was if the girl played a character in the drama and was one of the evil Cinderella’s stepsisters. And somehow, judging from the way people treated her before she even went on the stage, Jurina realized she was correct.

The girl on stage gave everyone a meaningful look and the hall became dead quiet. After a minute or so the girl started to speak.

“Thank you for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to have known my sister personally. Each and every one of you meant the world to Miyuki. I loved my sister. She was and always will be my soulmate. So, I speak with the confidence only a twin could have... Miyuki wouldn't want us to spend the year mourning. Miyuki would want us to move on with our lives. Which is why I've asked the School Board not to cancel the Back-to-School semiformal.”

Everyone started cheering. Jurina saw Haruka’s eyes full of tears and she wondered what kind of person Miyuki was. She looked around. Some of the girls also were teary eyed. It was a very interesting thing for Jurina. Was that girl a player? Maybe even of such scale as Jurina back in her school?

“Instead, I asked to let us use it as a way to heal, collectively, and celebrate my sister's too short life on this mortal coil. Thank you all.” Shinoda Tomomi finished her speech and watched the crowd clapping. She took a white lace napkin and then her hands started shaking, her eyes staring at the object, her memories of that day returning. Her body got into a fit of shivers and tears welled in her eyes. She was soon hugged by her mother and escorted out of the hall.

A student fixed her beanie and fidgeted in her seat, trying to take notes on her smartphone. It was sad she couldn’t take pictures in this public event. The things she observed, the small glances, touches and even some whispers, she witnessed it all. Well, she just needed to wait for the school day to end and then she would be typing away back at the Shoppe. She had so much to write about.

Yui’s eyes didn’t bother looking at the stage. Instead, zoning out the speech and making sure no one was looking directly at her, she looked at the teachers’ panel and soon the one she really needed to talk to today was staring back at her, eyes wide and mouth in a slight ‘o’. It was as if they both on cue remembered one particular summer day.

It was June 11, Yui had a quite busy day at the TV station. She had to do loads of paperwork, help look over some of the footage, talk with some of the hosts to get some experience. At 6:30 pm she went to watch a recording of a radio show where some of the music teachers around the prefecture played their original songs to the radio listeners. The moment she heard the voice, she knew instantly who it was. By accident their eyes met and throughout the whole song the female didn’t take her eyes off of Yui.

:note: “I want to hug you but I have to get used to loneliness A future without you Will soon begin This love that hasn’t disappeared yet I’ll place it on this sandy beach I won’t be able to love Someone this much again” :note:

Yui was hypnotized. Honestly, she always was like that even in Yamamoto-sensei’s lessons, but since they never had lyrics like right at that moment, something stirred inside her chest for the first time. And it was only the beginning.

After she was done for the day, she was walking to the bus stop when a car stopped next to her. Inside was sitting Yamamoto Sayaka behind a wheel, her gaze so deep and so sensual, Yui felt already naked.

“Why are you walking alone at such a late hour? Isn’t your father picking you up?” Sayaka asked, her voice a little bit hoarse, which, Yui assumed, was from singing before.

“I’m walking to a bus stop, dad has still a show to host.” Yui replied, unsure if she should keep looking at the nice cleavage Yamamoto-sensei’s outfit was providing or look elsewhere.

“Want a ride?”

Yui should have said no, but one look at the sky and the upcoming rain clouds changed her resolve and she got into the car. At first the ride was awkward; however, the tension was in the air and Yui kept slightly fidgeting in her seat, not knowing what to do with this sudden heat that enveloped her.

“Yui…” Yamamoto started as she stopped the car somewhere on the side of the road. It began heavily raining and it was hard to see where to go.

“Yes?” The student asked, their eyes suddenly locking in a heated gaze and Yui let out a gasp, because she could see her feelings being mirrored in the teacher’s face.

“Fuck…” Yamamoto suddenly said and minutes later the two were at the back seat, Yui on Sayaka’s lap, their lips locked in a passionate kiss.

It was hot, wrong and overwhelming as they lost their clothes one by one and their hands glided over each other’s body, exploring every part of skin, every curve, every newfound sensitive spot. Soon windows were foggy, only moans and breathy whispers were heard inside the car, while the roaring storm outside was giving them so much needed privacy to hide their forbidden act.

“Yamamoto-sensei.” Yui called as she went after their music teacher once the assembly was over. She needed to talk to her and it couldn’t wait. “Yamamoto-sensei!”

Yamamoto Sayaka was rushing upstairs, as far away as possible from the one she didn’t want to talk to, not right now. Memories flooded her mind while at assembly and she couldn’t help but feel the rush of heat in her body. However, it was unacceptable, she couldn’t forgive herself. Yui was her student, for god’s sake, it was just not right what they did.

“Sayanee!” Yui couldn’t hold it back anymore and she needed to get her teacher’s attention. That helped, when Yamamoto suddenly stopped in her tracks and spun around.

“What can I do for you, Miyazawa-san?” Yamamoto asked, trying to keep her voice from wavering and avoiding the deep stare of those damned beautiful eyes.

“Can we talk, Yamamoto-sensei, please?” Yui begged. Yamamoto now was her only option.

“It depends.” Sayaka took a deep breath and steadied her voice. “About what?”

“Music.” Yui rolled her eyes. If Sayaka thought Yui wanted to talk about what happened last summer… She didn’t. She wanted something else, like… Yui slapped herself mentally for having such indecent thoughts. “You're the music teacher. Can we talk about music?”

“Of course, make an appointment.” Sayaka quickly replied. “During my office hours, my official office hours.”

After making sure she emphasized the word ‘official’, Sayaka stormed straight to her office, not even looking back. Her heart was racing from walking so fast, or at least that’s what she forced herself to believe. There was no other reason for her cheeks to be aflame, her body to feel hot and her heart to run laps. No other reason whatsoever.

Matsui Yuki.” A man chuckled as he walked into his office at the TV station in Tokyo. “Well, my day just got a lot more interesting.”

“Hello, Sae.” Yuki called a man by a nickname and smiled fondly at him. “How are you?”

“Surprised.” It was an honest reply. Miyazawa never expected a visit from Yuki, even if he already heard she was back in Akibara for good. Or bad. “Can I get you anything? Would you like a water?”

“A job.” She replied and continued in a hopeful tone. “I saw a flyer somewhere in Akibara that you are looking for a seasonal hire, an assistant of some sorts?”

“Yeah, we’re one person short.” Saemon replied grimly. He already had an answer for the female but he still wanted to hear what else she had to say.

“You know, I think my daughter's going to school with your daughter, isn't that funny?” Yuki asked and giggled. “We'll have to tell them that we knew each other, that we even dated, for a little while... Well, at least until I---”

“---chose dating a crazy girl over being laughed at for dating a guy.” Miyazawa finished for her.

“That. And now, a reversal of fortune.” Yuki spoke quietly, a sad smile painting her face for a few seconds, then she changed the topic. “How's Sayaka doing?”

“She's in Kamogawa1. We split up. We're civil.” He DID mean to insult her marriage because Yuki was still married to her wife and, in all honesty, Saemon never understood why. “How about you? How are you holding up?”

“Really?” Yuki sourly chuckled. Everyone knew about their tragic story, it was all over the tabloids. All Japan knew of her demise and he dared to ask her such a question… But she had a purpose for coming to him, so there was no way she could talk to him lowly or ask for respect. “I have a little money saved. I was praying that someone in Akibara, maybe an old friend, would be willing to give me the benefit of the doubt.”

“If it were up to me.” Miyazawa stressed on the word ‘if’.

“Isn't it up to you?” Matsui Yuki was sure she and Saemon were still on good terms, she never thought he would hold a grudge on her for choosing her now-wife over him. She really thought they separated nicely. “It's your company.”

“Well, I only hold forty percent of the share, the other sixty is Rino’s and also, I have clients.” It was time for Saemon once and for all to set the ground rules. He might still have some sentiments towards Yuki, but there were some things that weren’t up to him. “I can't very well have Matsui Yuki, the wife of Matsui Rena, on trial for The Aichi Massacre, assist in one of the biggest TV stations. Can I?”

“No.” Yuki chuckled, though her voice held no positivity in it as she continued speaking, admitting to herself the fact. Her situation was worse than she initially thought. “I suppose you can't.”

Matsui Jurina was not that surprised to find out that this school had an eating place in the garden. The atmosphere was nice and she was pretty happy and excited to meet new people. But as she stepped with her food tray out in the area, she saw groups of people looking at her judgingly and there were no welcome-new-beautiful-girl reactions to be seen.

So, she decided to go with the easiest choice and went straight to the table where she knew she will be accepted. As she was nearing the group, she heard a nice music playing on Yui’s laptop and a very sweet soothing voice singing a beautiful song along to the music. However, the moment she stood right in front of their table, Yui shut-closed her laptop and looked at her questioningly.

“Can I join?” Jurina asked the group.

“Yeah.” Paru replied, sitting up more properly from her leaning-into-Yui’s-field-of-vision position.

“What are we doing?” Matsui asked while taking a vacant seat next to Renacchi.

“Listening to one of Yui's songs.” Haruka explained dreamily, eyes glistering with unyielded emotions.

“I thought we were going to have to pretend to like it.” Rena added. “But it's actually really good.”

“Wait, that was you singing?” Jurina was beyond surprised. “Something you wrote?”

“It's rough.” Yui quickly brushed the girl off, a small blush tinting her cheeks in pink. Despite everyone saying it’s good, she needed confirmation from someone else to actually believe it.

“No, it's great.” Paru disagreed. She always thought her best friend – and crush – was a genius and now was not an exception.

“It's incredible, actually, the little snippet I heard.” Jurina added, not missing how her words made Rena and Haruka exchange glances. Of course, she decided to ignore it. “Is that your thing? Music? Are you doing something with that?”

“Yeah, that's the plan.” The newfound lyricist replied shyly and got Haruka’s sweet smile in return. Then Yui turned back to Jurina, wanting to change the topic. “So, how's your first day going? Good?”

“Not to be a complete narcissist, but I thought people would be more---“ Jurina started and was cut off by Renacchi immediately.

“---obsessed with you?” Kato asked and from the new girl’s expression she knew her words hit a bull’s eye. “Any other year, you'd be trending number one, for sure.”

Rena’s position let her see the whole eating area well and from quite afar she already knew a certain Queen T was heading their way. She had to finish her thought quickly or else she would be overheard, not that she cared much, but she knew Haruka did.

“This year, though, it's all about Tomomi trying to win the Best Supporting Devil Oscar for her role as Akibara High School’s mournful Fisher Widow.” She added grimly right in time as Shinoda Tomomi was just about to reach their table.

“Hey, I should go.” Yui quickly said, standing up and grabbing her laptop. “I got that meeting with Yamamoto-sensei and then basketball tryouts, so...”

“You play basketball, too?” Jurina was more and more impressed by Yui’s talents as the day went on and it was only lunchbreak. “What don't you do?”

Yui didn’t reply though as she hurriedly left the scene. She wanted out before Tomochin started talking; that girl knew way too much and enjoyed creating a fuss more than there was ever need for it.

“Before you ask, Konno Mio2, no, she has not invited him to the dance yet...” Rena quickly said, already smelling the sickeningly sweet perfume wafting into her nostrils.

“Not yet, and don't talk about Yui!” Haruka managed to quickly whisper before they were joined by the Queen T of their high school.

“Matsui Jurina, I'd heard whisperings. I'm Shinoda Tomomi, may I sit? Salt, would you mind?” Tomochin said and without waiting for a reply sat herself next to Haruka, for which the girl had to quickly react to and scoot to the other end of the bench. “So, what are you three hens gossiping about? Yui's Taylor Swift-esque emergence from Teardrops on My Guitar to Bad Blood?”

“Extracurricular activities.” Jurina calmly said, seeing Haruka’s not-so-obvious head shake. “Oshima-kouchou3 wants me to sign up for a few.”

“Idoling. You must.” Tomomi said smugly. “I'm senior captain of the AKB.”

“Is idoling still a thing?” Renacchi asked, practically spitting out the words.

“Is being the Straight Best Friend still a thing?” Tomochin retorted and turned back to Jurina. “Some people say it's retro, I say it's eternal and iconic.”

“At Horikoshi, I was at the zero spot of HKS.” Jurina grinned and beamed her puppy smile at Tomomi. “I'm in and Paru, you're trying out too.”

“Of course, anyone's welcome to try out, but Salt's already got so much on her plate right now and being an idol is kind of a full-time thing.” Tomochin said sarcastically with a sweet smile as her eyes looked at Haruka’s plate full of food. “But, open to all! And my LINE ID is warukiinotsundere.”

They watched Tomomi leaving and at first the table was in silence. Kato fiddled with her phone, Haruka was not sure she wanted to finish all food on her plate and Jurina wore an unreadable expression on her face as she watched the Queen T join her bunch of buddies.

“Okay.” Jurina pointed a finger at Paru. “Go ahead and hate on idoling, but am I the only one who finds her LINE ID somewhat off?”

“You don’t know half of it…” Kato Rena shook her head. “If only you knew, you’d be as creeped out as all of us. Just no one ever says a thing to her.”

“…I'd love to be an idol.” Haruka suddenly said, a small sad smile playing on her lips. “It would look great on my college applications. But last year, when I tried out, Tomomi said I was too fat.”

"’Too Humpty-Dumpty on salt.’ Queen T spoke and they all laughed as our poor Haruka hung her head in shame.” Renacchi sighed, anger apparent in her voice. “It was a great line, I have to admit, but not at all true.”

“Well, you're a total sugar rush now. I mean it.” Jurina was honest. In her eyes, Haruka was sweet, clever and really beautiful. “As hot and as smart as you are, you should be the Queen P or Queen H of this swag hive.”

Paru shook her head. No way, Tomomi would never allow her enter her idol team, AKB was too high of status and level for Haruka to even apply again. Too many people watched the tryouts and she didn’t want to face the humiliation of last time.

“Look, if you want to be an AKB, I'll help you prepare. I have moves.” Jurina assured the girl. “Okay?”

“You know what?” Haruka eye-smiled as she stood up. The new girl was so nice to her despite being new and not knowing anything about anyone in here. Somehow it made Paru believe in Jurina, which meant believing in herself. “Show me your moves.”

End of Chapter 2.

1 it's a city in southern part of Chiba prefecture and I chose this because of Akimoto Sayaka's tanned skin, abs and many other things she likes and does, I thought it really fits her, more information you can find in the link I provide in here LINK  :yep:
2 Read the synopsis in the link I provide here LINK and you will see what kind of role Renacchi gave to Jurina  LOL  basically she thinks there is a Jurina x Yui x Paru triangle, but oh, if only she knew XD
3 'kouchou' translated from Japanese means 'principal'  :inlove: OMG I wanna go to this school, not for the Queen T and her buddies but for the principal Ooshima :heart:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:15:04 AM by sakura_drop_ »

Offline Erza_Jerusalem

• Member+
  • Newbie as Always~
Re: Lies and Secrets (Mystery, Romance) |YuiHarem| Chapter 2
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »
I'm still confused about their genders and who's who talking lol

sorry, I'm also a slow person...

but anyway, thanks for the update! I still understand(a bit) where the story goes  :twothumbs :lol:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Gingham Check