JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Bye Bye

Author Topic: [OS] A Change of Pace [NagiUha]  (Read 311 times)

Offline jubethehare

• Comedy and Tragedy with a hint of Festive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If it's not fun then it's not worth it~♪
[OS] A Change of Pace [NagiUha]
« on: March 11, 2017, 09:43:25 AM »
It was one of those days when I was stuck in my room thanks to the harsh weather outside, no internet, nothing to do.
So I just started writing this. Just a light and short one-shot.

Enjoy~~

~ A Change of Pace ~

Pitter... patter...

Those were the first sounds Ryouha heard as she woke up that morning.

She tossed and turned, hugging her blanket tighter as she tried to hide her bare feet from the coldness that soon washed over her body.

Pitter, patter. Pitter, patter.

It was all nice and quiet safe for those same repeating sounds, which grew louder and louder every second, and Ryouha finally gave up.

She opened her eyes and blinked a few times, trying to chase away the sleepiness that still lingered in the back of her mind, her gaze fell on the window just a few feet away from her bed. She could see silhouettes of water drops through the small crack of the curtain and silently watched them, noting how they slid down the glass so vividly before being replaced by fresh new ones. She smiled and pushed herself up to a sitting position, her left hand wandered to the empty spot beside her. She blinked again and switched her gaze to the clock on the bedside table.

10am.

She slowly stood, draping the ocean blue blanket around her shoulders and took it with her as she left the bedroom. The rain seemed to sound even harder from the living room, probably because she could see them pouring down so harshly from the huge window on the balcony, but she couldn't help giggling a bit as she saw the figure sprawling so lifelessly on the sofa. She tiptoed closer and dropped her blanket over their face.

“Buh—! W-what the—?”

Ryouha laughed as she saw Nagisa sat up in panic, clawing the blanket off her face like a deer caught in headlights. The girl stopped struggling as she finally recognized the simple fabric in her hand, and she turned to see a smiling Ryouha peeking from behind the headrest.

“Good morning, Nagi.”

“Yeah. Mornin'.”

The girl simply answered before she dropped the blanket to the carpet and heaved her body back to the sofa, her head dangled on the arm rest as she let out a sigh. Ryouha blinked as she saw that, pushing off the sofa and leaving toward the kitchen.

“You don't sound too well.”

“Nah, I'm fine. Just bored, that's all.”

“Really?”

She absentmindedly said as she opened the cabinet and took two mugs from the shelf, one with smiling brown puppy and one with grinning calico cat.

“There's nothing good on the TV?”

“I've done surfing the channels for two hours while yer still in the dream land, miss sleeping beauty.”

Cheesy. Ryouha softly laughed and put a spoonful of cocoa powder to both mugs, one added with a pinch of milk and sugar while the other mixed with the rich smell of coffee. She poured hot water over them, taking some time to stir them well before taking the finished blends with her to the sofa. She tapped Nagisa's forehead with the mug and the girl pulled her legs in response, giving her just enough space to sit. Ryouha puffed her cheek as she saw that, and Nagisa blinked, staring at the pouting girl for a while. She finally realized what the girl wanted and she sighed, sitting properly on the sofa and patting the spot beside her.

“You look more angry than bored to me.”

Ryouha muttered as she sat there, handing Nagisa her share of the hot drinks and taking the previously discarded blanket to her lap.

“Did something happen?”

“Not really.” Nagisa sighed loudly.

“I've got a nice plan for this weekend since they said it'll be sunny, but the rain just decides to ruin 'em.”

“That's too bad.”

“Not just too bad; it's a disaster~!”

She let out another long sigh, before taking a good sip of her coffee. Ryouha hummed, eyeing her quietly as she drew her knees up to her chin. She knew that Nagisa was such an outdoor person and getting stuck inside for the whole morning must felt so horrible for her. In fact she never saw Nagisa lounging around the house in her free times; the girl always had a plan, whether going on a trip somewhere or just strolling around the town. It's a big contrast to her, who prefer staying home and doing nothing until the sun set. So today, even though she felt a bit guilty about it, just a bit, she's especially happy because she could spend it with Nagisa, though the girl seemed to think otherwise.

“Ya seem oddly happy 'bout it.”

“I am. Too bad for you.”

Ryouha teasingly said as she rested her head on Nagisa's shoulder, watching the rain pouring even harder outside the window.

“You always have something going on. How about you take this time to relax and get a little change of pace?”

She mouthed the words to the hot beverages in her hands, blowing the surface a bit before sipping the delicious blend. She heard Nagisa whined beside her.

“Aww, c'mon Ryouha~ Doing nothing won't help me relax, it'll do the opposite!”

“You can start by fixing that line of thought.”

She poked her nose, earning another whine. Ryouha smiled and switched her attention back to her drink.

“Besides, you always disappear somewhere every weekends. So of course I'm happy now."

Nagisa paused. She turned her eyes to the girl resting on her shoulder, watching her running her finger over the brim of her mug quietly. She sighed and scratched her head.

“Let me guess. I'm making ya lonely for doing that?”

“Oh, you're learning. But you still need to work on your bluntness.”

“Well, ma'am, I don't mean to be rude but it'll help me if you can be more direct~”

Nagisa scoffed, in a playful pompous way, pulling the girl closer and leaving a quick peck on her cheek. Ryouha huffed and pushed her face away.

“I'll tell ya one. We'll do things your way today but if the weather clears out tomorrow, ya hafta join in my way. Fair enough~?”

Ryouha stared at the smiling Nagisa for a while, considering the offer, before she settled with a light kiss on the girl's lip.

“Deal.”

“Alrighty~”

Nagisa laughed, chugging down her coffee in one go and putting her mug on the floor. She always did everything so fast, even drinking; Ryouha couldn't help giggling as she thought about that, savoring her drink in her own slow pace.

“Now,” Nagisa said in a tone deeper than her usual voice.

“Please enlight me with yer way of indoor fun, madam.”

Ryouha laughed, opening her blanket and sharing it with Nagisa.

“Then for your first lesson, let's stay like this for a while.”

“And?”

“Do nothing.”

She simply said, leaning her weight to the girl's chest.

“Just watching the rain and enjoying the moment.”

“Huh...”

Nagisa mouthed out rather hesitantly, moving her arm around the girl's shoulder. She blinked, staring at Ryouha's contented face; her long eyelashes, her hazel brown eyes gazing at the dripping rain, her nose and soft cheeks that blush so easily, and her pinkish lips that was pursed into a small smile. The sight drew a smile to her own face, and Nagisa sighed.

“Maybe you're right.”

She whispered, just for the two of them to hear, her head resting above the girl's as she watched small droplets falling and painting their window with curious blurry images of the sky.

“It's great to have a change of pace once in a while.”   

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:47:41 AM by jubethehare »

Offline kuro_808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [OS] A Change of Pace [NagiUha]
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
UHa being the dagger in all hopes of fun for Nagi although perspective changes everything  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Bye Bye