JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Coltemonikha - Sleeping Girl

Author Topic: [Discuss] Why do you love The Peace!  (Read 11233 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[Discuss] Why do you love The Peace!
« on: May 06, 2005, 09:24:24 AM »
Why do you love The Peace! Why is it your favorite song?

For me, the HO~ hora yukouze was so addictive. First time I listened to it, I just had it on loop 20 or 30 times.

Then there's the performance. Rika owns it despite singing very few lines. Her monlogue is famous and should never be done by anyone ever again. And fanboys worldwide were treated to the most vicious ass shaking EVER. Shaking your booty is the key element of good dancing, let's see Rika demonstrate:

From 2001...just observe how the others are just shuffling while Rika moves her feet and each ass cheek completely rotates on its own axis!! Observe:
NORMAL SPEED
SUPER SLOW MO

It continues through today. Absolutely no one can duplicate Rika's dance moves. They too busy shaking their arms. Here's one from 2003:
NORMAL SPEED
SUPER SLOW MO

My other favorite part is how they split apart and Rika pumps up the crowd by herself. Doing her little solo spin and point telling everyone to GET ON UP!!

WATCH HER OWN EVERYONE

So what about you?  :halo:

ETA:

Behind The Scenes of THE PEACE!! (click)

Behind The Music-THEPEACE_20010714.avi
http://files.filefront.com/PeaceMaking;3878555;/fileinfo.html

Offline sendai sky

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 04:58:23 AM »
It's definitely one of my favourites. The chorus is very catchy and has a big sound. I especially like in the PV where the girls are jumping in the air in slow motion!

Very nice song and a good PV.

Now I will watch the performance and see this booty shaking you are praising so effusively. However, unfortunately I am at work so I may not be able to "express my appreciation" for Rika's jiggling assets in the "usual" way.

Offline holly

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:08:11 AM »
I agree about the very beginning.  It's just so catchy, I can't get it out of my head...

And Rika's little speech is super cute.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 10:02:03 AM »
Like Rika says in MM x Tsunku 2 (read the translation by Fenrir13) ... The Peace is the song that she feels she can be at one with the audience...yes, when 2 becomes 1.  :bounce:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 11:15:39 AM »
I didn't like this song when it first came out.

At the time all I saw was the PV, and my reaction was basically  :?.

Since then though, I've liked it more and more. It's a great song to see performed live, and the energy is really infectious.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 01:27:09 PM »
May 6th? I've never seen this thread before!

The Peace is the only H!P song that I listen to all the damn time and never get tired of. (And I'm the kind of person who put a song in a loop and listen to it for hours.)

Offline chanponchan

• Miki's groping buddy
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:38:22 AM »
The PV i think is hilarious, when the urinals all lit up, I was laughing so much I had tears! The chant at the start is great as well, seeing the "HO~ hora yukouze" chanted at one of the recent H!P concerts was fantastic, sending chills down my spine. It is one of those songs that creates a sort of energy not a lot of songs can do. No wonder it is Rika's favourite song to perform!

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 09:50:03 AM »
I still remember when I attended the H!P 2001 concert, and they revealed "The Peace!" for the very first time. Everyone thought the song was over, so they were about to clap, but they just kept going. :lol:

I could tell the fans were starting to get annoyed. I didn't have a problem, though! I kept shouting random things 'cause the arena was dead silent whenever they froze. I was fairly close to the stage, so I'm sure the members heard some of the stuff I said.

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 07:34:23 AM »
the song itself aint bad. i think the dance in it is very good too. u watch rika and maki in those gold outfits makes u go NUTS man!!!

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 06:35:54 PM »
The Peace is the first PV I noticed...... Yossi. lol
Seriously, Yossi was so amazingly cute in that song! How can you not love her long sailor shirt and baseball cap... aww! :oops:

Offline fuyumi

• 侯くん命
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 02:23:25 PM »
Because The Peace! made me a Rika fangirl *^_^* It's my favorite H!P song ever. It has the most wonderful melody and lyrics which make no sense. But that's one part why I love it so much! All my friends are all "doesn't this ever end? *sweatdrop*" but I'm enjoying the ending so much, especially the extended ikimasshoi version <3

I even cosplayed Rika from The Peace. Not the golden dress but the sailor one.

And I didn't even mention the dance yet! To me it's the coolest thing ever.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 03:50:37 PM »
Why i love the peace....

two words: It's awesome!

Fun song to sing to at karaoke!!  :lol: I like doing Rika's self part  :lol:

Offline fuyumi

• 侯くん命
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 10:46:24 PM »
Quote from: Masa

Awwww now that's something I'd love to see :)

I uploaded some of the pics: http://fuyumi.nipponfever.net/thepeace/

Sorry for not being as cute and wonderful as Rika ^_^; My hair is a little bit too short but I'm quite happy with the costume. The last pic is so awful! But it's in the restroom so... :D I didn't have guts to go to men's restroom...

Yeah, and hello to everyone here! I've read this forum for a while already and decided to write something myself too. :) Yoroshiku nee!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 04:06:41 PM »
Quote from: fuyumi

Sorry for not being as cute and wonderful as Rika ^_^; My hair is a little bit too short but I'm quite happy with the costume. The last pic is so awful! But it's in the restroom so... :D I didn't have guts to go to men's restroom...

Yeah, and hello to everyone here! I've read this forum for a while already and decided to write something myself too. :) Yoroshiku nee!

Don't worry, you're still cuter than 99% of the cosplayers  :)

And  :welcome again.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 05:59:01 PM »
I agree.  I saw Sailor Bubba at Ushi-Con in Austin.  That's what I call him.  Imagine a 6' slightly overweight, early 40's, shoulder length hair, white guy, dressed as Sailor Mars.  The Horror!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 09:56:22 AM »
you can see Tsunku talk about the influences (the charleston) and inspirations (the campaigning of politicians at the time!) etc. and check out the beefy background singers.

Offline Ayaya

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 11:00:14 AM »
kago loooks soo cute. and the song is very addicted. peace peace XD~

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 12:54:54 PM »
(but yes, had to try 2 servers, one didn't accept the key, they other put me in a queue)

Offline jadeangelx

• chuu~ <3
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2005, 06:01:58 PM »
Hmm...I have to say The Peace! and Souda! We're Alive were the two songs that really made me fall in love with Momusu because they were somehow just AWESOME.  
I liked the 2002? 2003 Kohaku when they were singing the Peace and they acted like the song ended. And then they ran back to the stage...

Offline loosemy

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2005, 07:18:23 PM »
The Peace is one of the first PVs I saw with Momusu.... I didn't get the charm with it back then, but now it's one of my faves ^^

Rikas speach in The Peace is the cutest she's ever done! I didn't know this was her favourite song to perform  :D

I'm not a huge fan of the yellow/golden/flowerthingy-dresses though.. I think they look pretty ridiculous  :wink: but the sailorsuits are the cutest!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Coltemonikha - Sleeping Girl