JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Onegai Miwaku no Target

Author Topic: (Artist) Otsuka Ai  (Read 101258 times)

Offline jogasa

Re: (Artist) Otsuka Ai
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2006, 05:59:30 AM »
Yeah, I like Otsuka Ai. She is one of my favorites.

Offline Diva711

• Member+
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2006, 04:06:49 PM »
I started to like her after seeing her in A-Nation '04 concert singing Kingyo Hanabi.. Her performance was awesome... :D

Offline Arumih

• ecchi
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2006, 11:43:24 PM »
she is a very good singer.. but I just notice her in the last kouhaku... i really liked her performance.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2006, 08:28:28 AM »
Otsuka<3333

she's so cute and genki, i love seeing her on tv.

her new single, frienger, is pretty rockin. the pv is mad cute, esp when she puts on the helmet. OKEE OKEE!!

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2006, 12:59:29 PM »
I still see her being pushed too much to be an Ayu substitute in the future :/ She's still fun though! And that LOVE bunny is cute too ^^;

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2006, 09:35:37 PM »
Quote from: aedon
I still see her being pushed too much to be an Ayu substitute in the future :/ She's still fun though! And that LOVE bunny is cute too ^^;

i've heard some people say this, but i dont see her like that. her sound is so much different from ayu's. granted, they're both pop vocalists, but otsuka's songs are a lot less... grand? i dunno what im looking for, but listen to ostuka's songs and theyre more cutesy and poppy, even her ballads. Ayu's songs seem more like, big and sweeping and like everyone of her singles is trying to change the way you look at music and stuff :lol:

i dunno, i dont see otsuka as being pushed into an ayu replacement slot.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2006, 10:03:14 PM »
Quote from: tenkei
i've heard some people say this, but i dont see her like that. her sound is so much different from ayu's. granted, they're both pop vocalists, but otsuka's songs are a lot less... grand? i dunno what im looking for, but listen to ostuka's songs and theyre more cutesy and poppy, even her ballads. Ayu's songs seem more like, big and sweeping and like everyone of her singles is trying to change the way you look at music and stuff :lol:

i dunno, i dont see otsuka as being pushed into an ayu replacement slot.

Actually, I've heard Otsuka's 3 albums, and I see what you mean too, I actually do like her lol. Tsukune yen/Ponpon/Ramen cooking songs are really fun XD

I'm not sure if you listened to Ayu'd old stuff, but she had those heartbreaking teen songs about love loss and stuff (a weird example is Trauma which has sad lyrics AND a parapara dance). Ayu wasn't all Bold&Delicious in the beginning, and I miss "Real her" back then -_- I see Ayu becoming a diva now, while Ai's singing idol-pop while it's in, maybe in few years she'll change her style to more *mature* music as well. Imho, pop singers take each other's places when one gets older and looses popularity, genre is not exactly the main reason.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2006, 01:54:53 AM »
Actually, I've heard Otsuka's 3 albums, and I see what you mean too, I actually do like her lol. Tsukune yen/Ponpon/Ramen cooking songs are really fun XD

I'm not sure if you listened to Ayu'd old stuff, but she had those heartbreaking teen songs about love loss and stuff (a weird example is Trauma which has sad lyrics AND a parapara dance). Ayu wasn't all Bold&Delicious in the beginning, and I miss "Real her" back then -_- I see Ayu becoming a diva now, while Ai's singing idol-pop while it's in, maybe in few years she'll change her style to more *mature* music as well. Imho, pop singers take each other's places when one gets older and looses popularity, genre is not exactly the main reason.

yeah, i have all of ayu's old stuff. Yeah, she's changed a lot over the years. i'm not saying i don't like ayu cus i love her work, old and new. It'll be interesting to see how Otsuka changes in the coming years.

Offline koori

• yui style
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2006, 06:45:58 PM »
I love Ai's new hair style
It is suitable for her. ^^

And her new single is so nice!!
I am delighted to see her performing such happy and funny songs.

Offline Tao Priest

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2006, 01:40:26 AM »
A few people say that the single frienger is quiet the same as her other songs she made but thats her style and i love it.  :D

Offline jogasa

« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2006, 05:15:28 AM »
I like her and I like her music. Smily PV is so funny

Offline yurinachan

• Berryz Switch On!
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2006, 05:26:21 PM »
Otsuka should do more happy cute songs like Frienger, Happy Days, and Sakuranbo :)

Offline Rnd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »
frienger...

ahaha... there's a cute PV...

t-shirt with "crapshoot"
worth...? maybe...

Offline Beenie999

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2006, 09:13:16 PM »
Yeh i love her "crapshoot" t-shirt :D
Personally i prefer her slowy songs over her poppy and cute songs. One thing that sets her apart is the fact she composes some of her songs. Oh and she can play the piano too :heart:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2006, 10:10:47 PM »
Quote from: Beenie999
Yeh i love her "crapshoot" t-shirt :D
Personally i prefer her slowy songs over her poppy and cute songs. One thing that sets her apart is the fact she composes some of her songs. Oh and she can play the piano too :heart:

Otsuka has been accused for plagiarism for some songs she *wrote*. Take it with a grain of salt, but it wasn't just 1 song that people found unoriginal :|

Hamasaki also composed some of her songs on "I am..." album, like "still alone" (one of my fave tracks from Ayu). I guess I should stop bringing up Ayumi in Ai's topic, sorry lol.

Offline prettylovely1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:30 AM »
I am a fan of hers now. She isn't the best singer but her songs like Pretty voice & frienger are fun.
As your enemy I promise to like everything you hate just to annoy you.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2006, 12:53:49 PM »
Otsuka has been accused for plagiarism for some songs she *wrote*. Take it with a grain of salt, but it wasn't just 1 song that people found unoriginal :|

I like listening to her music, I bought two of her album's but I'm not really a die-hard fan, so I'm not too updated with her news, was she accused of plagiarism for the lyrics or the music? I'm curious.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2006, 07:05:37 AM »
woah, i never heard about otsuka being accused of plagiarism... what songs and by who?

i belive in otsuka!

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2006, 08:23:37 AM »
I'll try to find the site with a back-to-back comparison, but the song in question is "SMILY"
I can't remember who the artist(or song) was that she apparently ripped off, but the songs are almost identical.

EDIT:
Ah, here we go http://bestizgm.cafe24.com/zboard/zboard.php?id=guestmusic2003821&page=5&sn1=&divpage=5&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=30624&PHPSESSID=6c2b2f369a237982355f4f538463d17c
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 08:28:00 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »
Well, I couldn't remember the songs either, so I just googled 大塚愛 盗作, and got the SMILY *original* composer, it's wyse, and the song is called "Friend". I also found that "Planetarium" is *supposedly* ripped off from RIKKI's song 素敵だね (Suteki da ne; 2001; FFX theme song), as said that not only part of words & melody is the same, but also the PVs are similar:

I've never heard the song, but it should be findable being FF theme... LOVE bunny is also mentioned, with the avex "numaneko" scandal.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Onegai Miwaku no Target