AMD Athlon 64 3200+Mb:
2x512mb 1GB PC3200 Patriot MemoryVideocard:
Powercolor X800 GTO 256mb GDDRSound:
Onboard with like 10 year old speakersHD's:
Western Digital 250GB sata, Maxtor 250GB sata and an old Maxtor 60GB IDEDvd-rw:
Pioneer DL 16x dvd-rw driveCase+psu:
Antec Sonata II+Antec 450Watt SmartPower 2.0Cooling:
cpu: stock videocard: stockMonitor:
Some crappy 15" LCDKeyboard+mouse
Some cheap wireless logitech set
Had most of it for almost a year and a half. And bought the vid card when it went on sale for 90 bucks. I intended to game a little but ended up dling too much music and videos and have no space for any games. I bought the DL dvd-rw thinking media would get alot cheaper, but that shit is still way too expensive for me.
I plan on replacing the 60gb HD with maybe another 250gb or 300gb and adding a 4th 250 or 300gb hd later this year.
I might add another gb or maybe even 2gb of memory by the end of the year.
I noticed both my mobo and psu has 20+4pin power connectors. Would it be better to use the extra 4 pins or should I just stick to 20 pins like I have been doing?
I plan on convincing my parents for a new laptop for my 20th bday(actually it would be a 19/20th birthday as they didn't get me anything for either >_>) which just passed, I was looking for something no bigger than 14" which I can customize and I found thisHP Pavilion dv2000z customizable Notebook PC
- – FREE Upgrade to Genuine Windows XP Media Center
- – AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-56(1.8GHz/1MB)
- – FREE Upgrade to 14.1" WXGA BrightView Widescreen
- – NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
- – HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
- – 512MB DDR2 System Memory (1 Dimm)
- – 80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- – FREE Upgrade: 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
- – 802.11a/b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
- – 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- – HP Mobile Remote Control
Which totals to be a little under a 1000USD. I plan on buying more memory later as it would save some money. It's mainly going to be used while I'm at school as I'm probably going to spend quite a bit of time there this semester. I was thinking either this or a macbook. What do you guys think?