JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - It`s a Lie

Author Topic: Borderlands 2  (Read 12948 times)

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Borderlands 2
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:08 AM »

Borderlands 2 is a space western first-person role-playing shooter video game that was developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. It is the sequel to 2009's Borderlands and was released for the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. As with the first game, Borderlands 2 players complete a campaign consisting of central quests and optional side-missions as one of four vault hunters on the planet Pandora. Key gameplay features from the original game, such as online collaborative campaign gameplay, randomly generated loot - guns, shields and other assorted weaponry - and the character-building elements found in role-playing games, are also found in Borderlands 2.

The game was released to critical acclaim on September 18, 2012. Downloadable content for the game has also been released subsequently.

--

Now that we have the game introductions out of the way, let's yap some. Been running BL2 solo and with Masa, and we talked about making a thread, but neither of us got around doing so. Until now.

Borderlands 2 is fucking awesome. It's a lot like BL1, only better in pretty much every way. The plot, pacing and humour have vastly improved as well. It's just fun as hell to play.

I play on the PC myself, a good 130 hours down at the time of writing this. Current setups and getups:

Gunzerker - lvl 47

Currently soloing the 2nd playthrough. Maxed out the brawn tree for tankiness. Just managed to score my first ever three vault symbols from the slot machines, and got a nice "Proactive Bitch" as a reward. So I figured I'd run a Hyperion theme, and paired it with another Hyperion smg and equipped a Hyperion +dmg/max accuracy relic.

Siren - lvl 39

This is my duo build, running the 2nd playthrough and Captain Scarlett DLC with Masa's Gunzerker currently. My main weapon is an E-tech elec smg, which has worked pretty nicely. I actually found it with my solo zerker and just passed it on to the Siren. Ah, shared stash <3. I was also using the multi-shot version of the "love gun" but it's starting to get a little underpowered (finally). Cataclysm tree for some nice phaselock DPS and a little bit of healing.

Mechromancer - lvl 18

Secondary solo character, running playthrough 1... Gaige is just so much fun to play with Deathtrap, anarchy and everything. I actually found her a Hellfire smg off the first Scorch I killed... only recently switched to a more potent E-tech smg. Not much in the skill build yet, of course, but I went for the point in Anarchy and then in the BFF tree so I got Upshot Robot (which is amazing).

--

We found a Scarlett wota with Masa earlier today! His shrine was pretty impressive. Panties, a squeezable Scarlett plushie and everything haha. :rofl:

Dude would fit right in at Jphip! :P

Yep, yep... my kind of loot.

--

So, who else is playing? what are your characters? Fave weapons? Bosses, moments, pics, videos? Try to avoid huge plot spoilers, though. :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:21:04 PM by Stryfe »

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
Re: Borderlands 2
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »
Finally!  A dedicated Borderlands 2 thread!

Well I roll with just two characters:

Level 50 Siren - Maya
Level 32 Mechromancer - Paige

I mostly solo as I really haven't tried to find anyone other than my brother and friends to play with.  I finished the Captain Scarlett DLC with my Siren in TVHM while I finished the same DLC with my Mechromancer in NM.  I have to say that the Captain Scarlett DLC proved to be a challenge compared to the base game.  As for my favorite weapons ... Tediore E-tech for my Mechromancer while my Siren is equipped with Seraph weapons.

If you do a search on Youtube, you can find out how to play with Japanese voices (with English subs).  Some voices sound better while other voices don't "translate" well.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »
I'll introduce you to my sexy friends later, but first, Happy Halloween!

http://imgur.com/a/g0UeC#0

Next skin coming up is for the Gunzerker, so supposedly there's a customization for all of them. Codes are only valid until Nov. 4 so take a break from rolling the slot machines and be sure to redeem the codes!

I'd suggest following GearBox's Twitter since they're also distributing keys for the Sanctuary chest from time to time.

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »

Cool beans, didn't seem to able to get the zerker skin working despite the shift code going in fine and everything... Here's my Maya in Halloween+pirate gear tho. :P

Thanks for the twitter account, yeah, looks like there's been a whole bunch of key gifts in there... I'mma add it to the first post. :thumbup

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:15 PM »
Heh, copy-paste works wonders with these Shift codes.  I'll give these skins a look when I get around to it (got back to playing ME3 after I told myself to stop).

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:48:37 AM »

Forgot to post that we have a jphip member as an NPC in BL2! They got him just right. :yep:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »
Props for making the thread, Stryfe! :thumbsup

I never really got into Borderlands but I frickin' love Borderlands 2. It's pretty much Borderlands on steroids: better plot, better characters, funnier moments and bigger fucking guns. I started playing solo with Axton but I never got that far due to lack of free time. I simply don't have time to play with more than one character. Anyways I'm using Salvador (lvl 45) whenever I play with Stryfe. Salvador's gunzerking and Maya's phaselock is one deadly combo :yep:

Here's my current build:

I went straight for the tank skill tree but lately I have been falling in love with the Rampage tree because of all the gunzerking related skills. Thanks to 'Last Longer' I'm often still gunzerking after the battle is already over. Also gunzerking with two rocket launchers is fucking awesome, it does an insane amount of damage no matter how badass the enemy is. The only thing that sucks about it is that I'm spending a lot money on rockets  :sweatdrop:

Been rockin' these two launchers lately:

The perfect relic for any launcher lover:

My current skin for Salvador:

Dat midget ninja skin.

Badass rank:

Getting ready to blast some loaders in Opportunity:

The only orange weapons I have found so far:

I never really used the Gub cuz I was already around lvl 23-24 when I found it but I've been rockin' Sledge's Shotgun ever since I got it. Easily the best shotgun I have ever had.

So, who else is playing? what are your characters? Fave weapons? Bosses, moments, pics, videos? Try to avoid huge plot spoilers, though. :P

My favorite NPC is mos def Tiny Tina:

The upcoming DLCs better have more Tina :yep:

Two awesome side quest guns:

Well ok, there's absolutely nothing awesome about Bane but at least Morningstar is worth using :P

Corrosive Stinkpot might not be my favorite gun but I have been using it since I got it:

I'm at lvl 45 atm but the good ol' Stinkpot still comes in handy against dem Loaders.

Anyways, anybody wanna join us? There must be more euro-HiPsters playing the game :yep:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »

:fap

I totally missed that during PT1 :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »
Just got this bad motherfucker:

It has already saved my life a few times :thumbup

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 05:50:08 AM »
Finally finished playthrough 2 and dinged my solo zerker a few days back. Now time for all those suddenly level 50 side missions, and the lewt:

Ahh, thanks mal. Got the best(?) version of Fibber. Beats me what the real stats are, but it hits... pretty hard. Shoots a bunch of bullets instead of one, penetrates mobs, and crits twice as big as my best sniper up close, well, as long as all the shots hit the target.

Speaking of which... my first orange drop from the pt2 warrior. Pele sure has pussed out since BL1.

--

Preach on, sister. Just about to finish pt2 with our duo game, so yeah, y'all peeps should get along raiding with us after that or something. :P

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 06:52:52 AM »
That's some pretty good loot.  Here's a couple of Seraph items I have ...

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
Just bought this from a vending machine:

:thumbup

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:25 PM »
Latest gets:

I got mad lucky since I only had to kill Hunter four times to get The Bee :D

Dat damage :thumbup

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:34:09 PM »
Just bought this from a vending machine:

Aww yeah :thumbup

Corrosive Stinkpot might not be my favorite gun but I have been using it since I got it:
http://picroda.jphip.com/misc/jphip05820.jpg
I'm at lvl 45 atm but the good ol' Stinkpot still comes in handy against dem Loaders.
Upgrade! :pimp:

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
PC Patch 1.2 is here with the expected Bee nerf fix. Aww no more under-one-minute Terra or Warrior runs. Not that I really mind. :P

Update 1.2.0 (Released 11/13/2012)

- Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
- Fixed a bug in the inventory UI when quickly scrolling to the bottom of a list using the mouse wheel.
- Improved PhysX fluid rendering quality at high resolutions.
- Improved NVIDIA 3D Vision integration.
- Fixed the "Inverted reverse steering" option not working for clients in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
- Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
- Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
- Added a confirmation dialog when opening the golden chest in Sanctuary.
- Fixed Arid Nexus Badlands showing an undiscovered challenge that was not attainable.
- Restored some lost progress to players who have had their profiles reset. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
- Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "fight for your life" mode.
- Fixed challenge "For The Hoard!" to work properly after resetting challenges.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players' skill points to be reset when loading their character.
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
- Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
- Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.

- Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
  * Increased Recharge Delay 
  * Significantly increased Recharge Rate
  * Reduced Amplify damage

- DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
- Reduced level of DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
- Fixed issue resulting in infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
- Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
- Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.

- Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
  * Plan B
  * Wildlife Preservation
  * Mighty Morphin
  * Animal Rescue: Food
  * The Man Who Would Be Jack
  * Get To Know Jack
  * Where Angels Fear to Tread
  * Trailer Trashing
  * Clan War: First Place
  * Stalker of Stalkers
  * The Once and Future Slab
  * Home Movies
  * Shielded Favors
  * You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
  * (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 01:14:04 AM »
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT’S TORGUE TIME BITCHES
THIS IS MISTER TORGUE COMIN AT YOU FROM PANDORA I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS FIRSTLY ARE YOU READY TO BLOW SOME SH*T UP AND SECONDLY HOW ARE THINGS

ON PANDORA SETTIN UP MY CAMPAIGN OF CARNAGE HERE’S A PICTURE OF ME THROWIN UP THE HORNS LIKE A BADASS #BADASSITUDE

MR TORQUE took over Gaige's twitter account. :lol:

No further details, but I'd guess "Mr. Torque's Campaign of Carnage" DLC will be out pretty soon. EXPLOSIONS!

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 03:21:57 AM »
In the words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT!"  I'll be looking forward to trying out the Mr. Torgue DLC (bought the Season Pass to save a little on the overall DLC cost).  Also, GB actually nerfed the almighty Bee a little bit (I never got that shield anyways so I'm not too concerned).  Finally, I just got my Mechromancer to level 50 a few days ago (been meaning to try and finish TVHM with her before the end of the month).  Now my Siren and Mechromancer are both level 50 with about the same gear.

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

Some Carnage DLC gameplay. EXPLOSIONS!

Fight for Your Loot in Borderlands 2’s Torgue DLC

Borderlands 2’s second expansion -- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage -- will launch on November 20th. Like Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty before it, Campaign of Carnage offers new areas for players to explore, three new achievements, a new currency and plenty of new missions for players level 15 or higher, with enemies scaled to your level.

The basic story of Campaign of Carnage revolves around a new vault discovered in Pandora, buried in the center of a large crater that will only open “once the champion of Pandora feeds it the blood of the ultimate coward.” Your introduction to Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage comes via Mr. Torgue himself, screaming at you like a terrifying mix of Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage with a deep love for explosions.

As Mr. Torgue describes the new vault, “we at the Torgue Corporation sincerely believe this is f**king awesome -- so awesome that we're going to set up a tournament to find this number one badass.” That tournament takes place in an arena that will serve as the centerpiece of the expansion, built around the Badass Crater of Badassitude where the vault is buried. You’ll need a sponsor to participate, and one of the first new characters you’ll meet is Piston, a scarily-large brawler with engine pistons for hands.

Sitting down to play the Campaign of Carnage, it’s obvious that Gearbox intends this expansion to be played by its most hardcore players. Torgue’s campaign mixes Borderlands 2’s typical mission structure with the Circles of Slaughter seen in the main game, using horde mode-style battles to punctuate story missions throughout its running time, which is roughly the same as the previous expansion.

Like in Pirate’s Booty, enemies have been replaced by new versions related to the theme -- Marauders become bikers, Goliaths become Enforcers -- but Campaign of Carnage has plenty of new enemies to offer as well. The expansion includes multiple bosses, like Pyro Pete (a surprisingly lassez-faire flamethrowing psychopath), Motor Mama (a “rather buxom lady on a motorcycle with twin sidecars” according to concept designer Scott Kester), and Badassaurus Rex (a “big crazy Torgue-themed robotic dinosaur breathing fire”).

According to Kester, the expansion is built around “the culture of combat,” and it’s not shy about exploring it. Playing the first hour, it’s clear that you’ll be fighting. A lot. The only ones fighting more than you are your various enemies, who are just as likely to hurt each other as they are to attack you. Combat doesn’t become too repetitive, though. Aside from the story missions and arena bouts, you’ll come across an additional Circle of Slaughter in a bar brawl early on, and even when you do revisit the main arena you’ll encounter different combat scenarios each time.

As for that new currency, unique vending machines spread throughout the Campaign of Carnage’s new areas will only accept Torgue Tokens, which you’ll have to scavenge from killed enemies. Each machine features a selection of badass Torgue guns and always offers a legendary weapon in the Item of the Day slot. Campaign of Carnage will also feature some familiar faces, including Tannis, Moxxi and even Tiny Tina, who Kester says has “her own thoughts about sponsorship.” Tina will also offer a new subset of weapons, and based on her affinity for explosions it’s not hard to guess what they’ll do.

Looking ahead, Gearbox says it’s already thinking about the next downloadable content. Eventually, the developer has plans to raise Borderlands 2’s level cap, but not in the way you might expect. “We’re discussing trying to do it in a more interesting way,” Gearbox vice president of marketing Steve Gibson told IGN. “We think people are going to be really happy when we do get to it. It’s a little bit different way of doing it. Yes, the number will go up, but there are some other things associated with it that we’re trying to do an even better job of.”

Fuck yeah. Next tuesday! Last paragraph sounds really interesting...

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
Lewt post!

Some legendaries from along the way. These two I'm still using with Maya, even if the Storm Front is only level 39. But it's good fun and electric mayhem. Got the Terra Slayer class mod in use as well, haven't found a Legendary class mod for a siren (or any other class, sniff) yet.

Some more of dem oranges I've / we've found:

Hornet

Invader

Pyrophobia

Emperor

Logan's Gun

The Bee

Mainly using e-tech weps and whatnot, though. Mal's pistol is great, of course. The Bitch is still alright and earns its keep, even underleveled.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - It`s a Lie