JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Sayonara Hageshiki Koi

Author Topic: [CHI] The Official Chow Yun-Fat Thread  (Read 61416 times)

Offline 3q3q

• Member+
[HK] Chow Yun Fat
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
How is he not here?

Wikipedia stuff:
Chow Yun-fat, SBS (born May 18, 1955) is an actor from Hong Kong. He is best known in Asia for his collaboration with filmmaker John Woo in heroic bloodshed genre films A Better Tomorrow, The Killer, and Hard Boiled; and to the West for his role as Li Mu-bai in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. He mainly plays in dramatic films and has won three Hong Kong Film Awards for "Best Actor" and two Golden Horse Awards for "Best Actor" in Taiwan.

Chinese name    周潤發 (Traditional)
Chinese name    周润发 (Simplified)
Pinyin    Zhōu Rùnfā (Mandarin)
Jyutping    Zau1 Jeon6faat3 (Cantonese)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [HK] Chow Yun Fat
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 12:25:38 AM »
because he is here? XD Asian Movies & TV forum: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=10974.0

Please discuss cuz i'm talking to myself for my love of Fat Gor in there. SiNCE Police Cadet 85 BABY!

TBL :lock: n move by Thimas

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] The Official Chow Yun-Fat Thread
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2012, 03:46:57 AM »
GOD HAS RETURNED!!!!! :bow:

Chow Yun Fat makes a classic return with a gun

The Andrew Lau Wai Keung produced, Wong Jing directed, Chow Yun Fat, Huang Xiaoming, Sammo Hung Kam Bo, Francis Ng Chun Yu starred THE LAST TYCOON (DAI SEUNG HOI) released its international poster at the Toronto International Film Festival and in the overseas film magazine Screen Daily.

On the poster, Fat Gor's back was turned toward the camera with a gun in his hand and a serious look on his face. In front of him was a large banner with the word honor on it atop Shanghai. Behind him was the English title. Several of Fat Gor's stills from the film were revealed. In the stills he was shooting a gun and looking cool. In recent years Fat Gor mostly starred in costume films. He personally has not held a gun in a film a long time.

The film's overseas seller Bona film group said that Fat Gor in previous film posters for A BETTER TOMORROW (YING HUNG BOON SIK), THE KILLER (DIP HUET SEUNG HUNG) and others all held guns and looked mighty. For years they have always been classic among film fans.

An overseas professional film site earlier unveiled THE LAST TYCOON's first trailer. Although it was brief it was extraordinary. Hung Kam Bo in the film returned the master invitation to Chow Yun Fat and they were no longer master and disciple but sworn brothers. The trailer displayed Fat Gor receiving the brothers' bows as the boss and thoroughly showed his power.

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao
Translated by: hktopten

there's rumours that he will be back with TVB (like Andy Lau) as a favor to new GM and homie and my distant cousin Eric Tsang

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »
^ teaser trailer SO GANGSTA!

FAT GOR!!!! poster up close. lookin so Cao Cao

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2012, 07:34:32 AM »
More scenes from The Assassins!!
讯 周润发、黄晓明、洪金宝、吴镇宇等主演的电影《大上海》曝剧照,周润发霸气不减当年。

WHOA!!! Tycoon guns-a-blazing!

Chow Yun-Fat's leading lady in The Tycoon is Monica Mok 莫小棋

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
PLEASE drop a new album Fat Gor!!

[2012.11.13] CHOW YUN FAT WANTS TO SNEAK INTO JACKY CHEUNG'S RECORDING SESSION

THE LAST TYCOON (DAI SEUNG HOI) will soon open. The cast not only included Chow Yun Fat, Huang Xiaoming, Sammo Hung Kam Bo, Francis Ng Chun Yu, Yolanda Yuan Quan and other superstars, the film theme song performer is fellow heavyweight song god Jacky Cheung Hok Yau.

This time producer Andrew Lau Wai Keung contacted Cheung Hok Yau, who already thought that the story was rather attractive as soon as he heard it. He immediately agreed to perform before the lyrics even reached his hands. He was even fully prepared before recording. In order to accurately interpret the film's emotions, he asked Lau Wai Keung to show him parts of the film. After seeing the trailer, Hok Yau said that the film was a rare one that shocked him in recent years. He said, "THE LAST TYCOON is a surging film. I hope to be able to sing the feeling of a man who look at the changes of a lifetime in detail, for the film through the lyrics to be sung into the hearts of viewers."

Actually, Fat Gor years ago released a record that sold 100,000 copies and was the favorite of the music scene rookie that year. Later Fat Gor released an album that also received an enthusiastic response. In recent years he no longer had any intention to return to the microphone. When Fat Gor learned that Cheung Hok Yau would sing the theme song for THE LAST TYCOON, he felt that Hok Yau was the only choice. Fat Gor even joked, "Back then when I met Cheung Hok Yau I already felt that he was Song God. I immediately retired from music. This time is truly too great that THE LAST TYCOON asked him to sing the theme song. I truly can't wait to hear it. I originally wanted to sneak into the recording studio to hear it first, but they found out and stopped me. I could only wait for the song to be completed before enjoying it."

Yesterday the film held a press conference in Beijing. All the actresses including Yuan Quan, Monica Mok Siu Kei, Feng Wenjuan, Yuan Li, Tong Fei, and Zheng Yitong attended with Lau Wai Keung and director Wong Jing. Bona film group chief Yu Dong even announced that THE LAST TYCOON has been scheduled for a December 22 Mainland release. He confidently said, "This Christmas, THE LAST TYCOON and THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) will exceed 1 billion at the box office."
 via hktopten

etA:

more fire blazin pix!! what is up with the foot scene lol  behind-the-scenes chaos Love. Different from the previous two generations Xu Wenqiang "the latest tidbits detailed interpretation of the film, the itinerant disputes outside the rich emotional context.

eta2:

more posters! Face/Off 2 O0

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:44:49 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
LMFAO!!!! super candid, always down to hang with fellow former colleagues.

Monica Chan Fat Yung recently ran into Chow Yun Fat while shopping and Fat Gor asked her for a photo together. She was so happy that her heart almost jumped out of her chest!

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: hktopten

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09:09 AM »
^ and more run-ins! with celebs.

Carmen Lee Yeuk Tung earlier ran into Chow Yun Fat on a flight, took a photo and posted it online.

Source: Mingpao
Posted by hktopten 

[2012.12.06] CHOW YUN FAT FLIRTS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS WIFE

The film THE LAST TYCOON (DAI SEUNG HOI) earlier held its premiere at the Singapore Film Festival. Chow Yun Fat and his wife, Yolanda Yuan Quan and Feng Wenjuan along with producer Andrew Lau Wai Keung and director Wong Jing were among the attendees. Huang Xiaoming was absent due to his leg injury. Fat Gor had quite a flair, even with Fat Soh next to him he still openly flirted with girls.

Fat Gor in the film had relationship scenes with Yuan Quan and Monica Mok Siu Kei. When a female reporter asked him about the romantic scene experience, he jokingly publicly "wrote a ticket" and asked her to leave her card. He would call her for a candle lit chat at night.

Fat Gor is a Singapore son in law. When he promoted in Singapore he joked that he hid in the hotel. He did not dare to go out because he was afraid that he did not treat his wife well enough normally and was worried that his wife would find someone to avenge her. Fat Soh was used to Fat Gor's jokes. When asked about how she felt about her husband's intimate scenes, she helplessly said that she did not mind. Fat Gor said that at first he was anxious that viewers would not like THE LAST TYCOON, when the film ended with thunderous applause he finally breathed a sigh of relief. He bowed to the audience in appreciation.

Fat Gor said that the most exciting scene during the shoot was the Nanjing Road explosion scene, with a plane fly over and the scene was as grand as a firework display. During his kiss scene with Yuan Quan he felt the heat like the one from the explosion scene. He enjoyed that very much as well.

In the film he had many crying scenes. Female viewers were moved to tears too. As for praises for his convincing performance, Fat Gor joked that because the set was filled with smoke, his eyes teared up. In addition the director said that this scene was very important, if he did not perform well he would not receive the rest of his payment. Thus he could only cry with all his might.
 Posted by hktopten 

[2012.12.09] CHOW YUN FAT PICKS WAYNE LAI AND MYOLIE WU TO WIN TVB AWARDS

Chow Yun Fat, Francis Ng Chun Yu, Yolanda Yuan Quan, Monica Mok Siu Kei, Tong Fei, Andrew Lau Wai Keung, and Wong Jing two nights ago attended the film THE LAST TYCOON (DAI SEUNG HOI) premiere. Huang Xiaoming due to his leg injury was absent. Chun Yu in Fat Gor's presence became a fan. He not only bowed to him but also chok for a photo face to face. Chun Yu said, "I am afraid to lose to my idol, but Fat Gor definitely wins!"

Fat Gor said that he still had to lose over 10 pounds in order to work with Nicholas Tse Ting Fung next year. He said, "In mid January Ting Fung and I will work on Wong Jing's Hong Kong film that is like GOD OF GAMBLERS (DOH SUN). Ting Fung is very thin, I have to lose weight." Fat Gor is a famous "television addict". Did he have favorites for Best Actor and Best Actress? He said, "The favorites are (Wayne) Lai Yiu Cheung and (Myolie) Wu Hung Yi. I watch (Tavia) Yeung Yi's later stuff more. (Kate) Tsui Tsz Shan I didn't watch until the finale. Her drug abuse performance is pretty good." Did he watch Tsui Tsz Shan's rape scene? Fat Gor joked, "It was very little (short), Yeung Yi's rape was a big longer and had lip biting."

Did he not like Damien Lau Chung Yan's chances to win Best Actor? Fat Gor said, "Great! Why not? However he isn't a biological son." Raymond Lam Fung is a "biological son" (TVB artist) so he will definitely win? Fat Gor did not respond and instead asked, "Isn't Lai Yiu Cheung a biological son?" Fat Gor felt that the Best Supporting Actor Award was between So Gay and Sam Shun (Jerry Koo Ming Wa, Chan Kwok Bong). He said, "Performing Art Academy vs. Performing Art Academy. Best Supporting Actress favorite is (Elena) Kong Mei Yi. Is she a biological daughter?" As for the numerous incidents in show business recently, Fat Gor only joked that (Eric Tsang) Chi Wai constantly got drunk.

Chun Yu told a friend that he worked with Fat Gor on a movie but he played a villain. His friend joked that if he did not play the villain what would be left for him to do. Fat Gor joked, "Then next time I will play the villain." Chun Yu said that he was not worthy of that and was afraid that the audience would not accept that. He continued, "Fat Gor is fitter and fitter, I too am a lot thinner. Because when I was working overseas on TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES II I wasn't used of the Western nations' food and time difference, I lost 10 pounds." However he denied that he "did not get a good meal" while working on the TVB series. Speaking of his online arguments with Wu Hung Yi's fans, he said, "They came over to my place and said something that was not related to TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES II. The opinions that they expressed should be discussed in their own place. I wanted every post to be cleaner."

Huang Xiaoming due to his leg injury was unable to attend the premiere in Hong Kong. He expressed his regret through video. In a wheel chair he humorously said, "This look of mine is a salute to Fat Gor's ONCE A THIEF (JUNG WAN SEI HOI)." Fat Gor joked, "ONCE A THIEF had 'wires', he didn't have any 'wire'."
Posted by hktopten   

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 02:13:10 AM »

Fuck Ping!! Chow Yun-fat is The Selca Champ! :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 06:28:11 AM »
he may appear in Cold War 2!!! bring back Andy to face off with Tony and Aaron. Insert Jacky and Little Tony! SHIT. It's ON!

Chow Yun Fat may be acting in Cold War 2

The Hong Kong veteran actor may be starring in the sequel to the highly grossed Hong Kong film Cold War

Hong Kong actor Chow Yun Fat may join the ranks of Aaron Kwok and Tony Leung Ka-Fai in the highly-anticipated sequel to the Hong Kong blockbuster cop and robbers movie Cold War, if it all works out.

According to the Hong Kong media, the production company has announced last month that the filming of the sequel to Cold War would begin end of this year following the huge success of the movie. The movie left off with Aaron’s wife and son being kidnapped by a mysterious ‘mastermind’, whose identity will be revealed in the sequel.

According to the reports, Chow was regarded as the most suitable actor to take up the role of the ‘mastermind’ and talks with the actor are ongoing.

Chow went to America to develop his career after acting in his Peace Hotel  and switched his focus to China-made productions since his return to Hong Kong in recent years.

The established actor has not acted in Hong Kong productions for 18 years, his last being Hong Kong film Peace Hotel in 1995.

When asked to confirm the rumours, Cold War’s director revealed, “The filming will begin in year end, and we are now discussing the script. As for plans of Chow Yun Fat acting as the ‘boss’, I think it is best if you ask him personally.”

via http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/chow-yun-fat-may-be-acting-in-cold-war-2

who KNEW this was his last Hong Kong film. all the other Chinese films was with Mainland

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »
more Fat Gor Selcas XD

Chow Yun Fat is the idol of Hong Kongers, his charm is irresistable even to goddess Annie Liu (Lau Sum Yau). Yesterday Lau Sum Yau posted her photo with Chow Yun Fat online. "A photo with God of Gamblers Ko Chun......" Aside from Lau Sum Yau, Real Ting Chi Ko also posted his photo with Fat Gor. He paid Fat Gor a Lunar New Year visit with his son and they recently ran into each other again. Ting Chi Ko earlier posted a photo from a dinner with Fat Gor.
POSTED BY HKTOPTEN

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
even more Selcas, he just has like one pose XD with vicki zhao wei

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »
when powers COLLIDE!!

THE SHANGHAI FILM FESTIVAL OPENS!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2013, 03:10:26 AM »
Fat Gor in Monkey king 3D魔幻巨制《西游记之大闹天宫》由香港著名导演郑保瑞执导,甄子丹、周润发、郭富城、梁咏琪、陈慧琳等众星加盟,5日发布12款角色海报。 http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=26831.0

FUCKIN PRIDE! walkin on air

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2016, 02:16:47 AM »
did u cop cold war??  :hip smile:

haha his singing in OFFICE YES

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Sayonara Hageshiki Koi