JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Juicy Berry Like

Author Topic: On GAM disbanding  (Read 14814 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
On GAM disbanding
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:38:46 PM »
What would your reaction be if it disbanded?

Personally I think it's better for the both of them, as much as I like them sexing it up on camera. GAM is pretty much holding both their careers back, especially since their songs aren't exactly stellar. While one recognizes that temp units are part and parcel of H!P, I don't think it makes sense to stifle one of their most popular artiste's career.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Re: On GAM disbanding
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »

Personally I think it's better for the both of them, as much as I like them sexing it up on camera. GAM is pretty much holding both their careers back, especially since their songs aren't exactly stellar. While one recognizes that temp units are part and parcel of H!P, I don't think it makes sense to stifle one of their most popular artiste's career.

qft.

i wouldnt miss GAM. needs moar solo miki

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 06:19:53 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see GAM continue. To be honest I don't see why it couldn't/shouldn't.  Aya and Miki can still do their solo stuff, GAM can just be their "side project" that they do from time to time. It's pretty clear that they're popular as a duo unit, but it's not a "one thing OR the other" type of situation (or at the very least, it shouldn't be).  Right now they're capitalizing on GAM's relative "new-ness". I think that as time goes on we'll see more solo work from both of them and the GAM stuff will be cut back a bit.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:22:07 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline yokoso

• ザ・ストレス~!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »
Like I said before.  GAM is totally saving Aya (music-wise).  I haven't heard anything upbeat and catchy from either of the girls solo in what seems like forever... and honestly, GAM is my favourite H!P act these days (consistant good material imho).. so in short,

I'd be crushed.   :fainted:

愛をください〜!!:heart: :heart:  ☆ 恋文 ; a loveletter MUSIC DOWNLOADS & MORE ☆ (now back up 1/13/08)

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
GAM is still new. Just like when Biyuuden was new, it had a more elegant image. GAM has a sexy image. They haven't changed sexy for cute, like Biyuuden changed elegant for cute. Goto is also on the sexy/R&B-ish side now, and doesn't show signs of changing either.

But musically, GAM is weak. Starting off with a theme song for a popular movie (because of its legendarism, not because Aya was on it), and chosing their greatest song (Shinkirou Romance) to be a b-side. First mistake. Then, Melodies came. I don't have anything against lesbianic kisses, or scenes in bed, but most girls do, in Japan at least. Aya still had a strong fanbase amongst teenage girls, and with Melodies PV UFA killed a big part of that fanbase, but earned a crazy-wota fanbase XD. Lu Lu Lu, imo, sounds like a generic song, like most of the songs in their album too.

So, while I don't think that GAM is the new W or anything, I think they're pretty weak. They need their solo careers, and I haven't forgot about Aya's upcoming single x_x

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 07:37:38 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see GAM continue. To be honest I don't see why it couldn't/shouldn't.  Aya and Miki can still do their solo stuff, GAM can just be their "side project" that they do from time to time.

AGREED ~ Although Miki needs to get her solo career back. As I mentioned before, she never really got a chance to expand from her 1st album, and now would be the perfect time. She had a great debut ~ She can only go up from here :heart:

Offline AzN_DreaMerS

• Clone of ""
  • ecchi
  • Clone
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
Do they sell well ?

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »
Exactly. Being in GAM doesnt mean Aya or Miki wont have any solo stuff... and vice versa.

Unless one of them quits H!P completely, i dont think GAM will ever "disband".

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 01:07:20 AM »
Being in GAM doesnt mean Aya or Miki wont have any solo stuff...

Oh, but it does.

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 01:32:20 AM »
Do they sell well ?

I think their sales are similar to Biyuden's, but I might be wrong.

Offline Tinnygy

• Jeez, don't look at me!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 04:14:32 AM »
I quite miss them, really! But anyway, I love Aya's solo career more, love her sweet voice. In GAM's songs, I hardly heard Aya's voice so I prefer her solo.
GAM= Great Aya and Miki

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 05:31:17 AM »
Oh, but it does.

I dont know about recently... but back when GAM first debuted, Aya was still on her concert tour and she also released her solo album two months after that.

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 06:36:49 AM »

not much reaction coz I don't really care ..........

*go to UFA and burn it to the ground*

Offline Since1983

• Miki Fujimoto's Sex Slave
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »
As much as I like Miki's hotness, I don't think she has a great low tone voice to be a solo singer.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
hopefully, they can still be a part of GAM and continue with their solo career, if possible, if it's not too much trouble for them.   
But basically, what i love most is the interaction between members and such.  seeing them working and being together makes it fun, imo. 
I feel that just being a soloist and doing it urself seems kinda lonely...
so... if GAM were to "disband" i would be sad, but as long as they still appear together and such, i would be okay. 

Offline Yoshitsune

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »
omg u scare the hell outta me  :lol: first i saw this topic i thought gam is breaking?! first miki left mm and now gam?!  :cry: hahaha

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 10:04:06 PM »
I love GAM for reinforcing my lesbian fantasies of Aya & Miki in bed

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 01:23:24 AM »
If GAM were to disband, and Miki solo hasn't been announced yet, I'd be worrying about Miki's career. So in that situation I wouldn't like it. But if Miki were to go solo or atleast be in a new group, I wouldn't mind if GAM ended. The best thing about GAM is seeing the two of them interact together, so I'll definitely miss that.

As much as I like Miki's hotness, I don't think she has a great low tone voice to be a solo singer.

You know she had a pretty good solo career before she joined Momusu right? You don't need a great low tone voice to be a solo singer. She has enough vocal talent to make it in Japan. Her voice is already better than any other solo H!P member besides Aya. She already has a very strong fanbase. All of this is enough to be able to support a solo career.

Aya still had a strong fanbase amongst teenage girls, and with Melodies PV UFA killed a big part of that fanbase, but earned a crazy-wota fanbase XD.

According to Fen's review of the GAM concert, there were many females who attended it(well atleast more than Momusu or H!P concerts). So I don't think melodies actually destroyed her image with her female fans. And I don't think the wota-fanbase grew that much from that one kiss either.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 06:16:06 AM »
Holding back careers? I don't think so, more like propelling their careers.  If anything, MM was holding Miki back, and Ayaya's solo act stopped working these past 2 years.  But this has been adressed by other members I'm sure.

Oh yeah, but I do agree, a lot of their music is weak, I mean musically speaking, their solo songs are leaps and bounds better than a GAM release (so far at least).

I would love to see them continue, and that shouldn't hold them back from doing some solo activity.  Its just we have to wait for UFA or Tsunku or whoever is in charge to let them go solo again.

If they disbanded now, I wouldn't feel too bad, knowing I've supported them since their first release.  I like GAM enough to buy each single they've put out so far, and their album.  I just think if these girls get another single I think we might get something great out of them.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 06:28:18 AM »
Well, seeing as it was a semi-oneshot group, I wouldn't really miss it. They could always come back. I mean, Aya, Gocchin, and Nacchi still perform songs together so it's not really that different.

*Set by Gypchan*

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Juicy Berry Like