JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Chong-Dong ~ Impulse

Author Topic: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 15]  (Read 17059 times)

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 9: Familiarity]
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 07:42:27 PM »
Rushed...  :banghead:

Chapter 9 – Familiarity

Creeping up to the fence surrounding the tall office-like building, I looked around to make sure that there was no sign of danger lurking anywhere. Despite still holding on to firearms, we all know it’s useless. I got in through the front entrance. I found myself in the lobby, and it reminds me of a hospital. It was dark since nightfall is approaching and the ceiling lights were busted. There’s a reception desk, security desk and a directory. Starting with the security desk, I searched around for anything useful. Found a torch, battery packs and a bunch of keys. Anything potentially useful goes I guess, but I really need a bag to hold them all. I took out the radio again.

“Paging for Reina, are you there?”

I spoke into the device. It took at least 5 minutes before I got a response.

“Yeah? What do you want?”

“What exactly are we searching for again?”

“Anything scientific? I don’t know! Think mad scientist!”

“Oh, very helpful.”

I rolled my eyes and looked up at the directory hung on the wall. Hmm, canteen, administrative offices, more offices. Nothing out of the ordinary. I’m pretty sure there are at least 50 stories here but the directory only reaches the 40th floor. Where are the other 10? I went back to the security desk and opened the drawers. 2 were filled with stationeries and the last one was locked. I pried it open instead of using the keys since I’ve no patience to try out every one of them. There were some documents that proved no relevance and a floor map. It’s a layout of the entire building, including the ‘hidden’ floors.

“Don’t you think anything important would’ve been gone by now?”

I put down the radio on the desk and spoke again while looking through the map under a working lamp. Another 5 minutes to wait for one response.

“Don’t jinx the operation you-“

“Brat, I know I know.. Stop calling me that already.”

“Glad you know. There’s bound to be something around, keep looking.”

I sighed and tried to find a way up to the 41st floor at least. Seems like the map indicates that there’s a separate lift somewhere that goes higher up. Clipping the radio back to my belt, I rolled up the map and headed for the elevator. It was still working, thank God. Seems like this part of the building wasn’t affected by bombings. I took the lift and waited patiently. Nothing much happened during my search for the hidden floors and I arrived there without any trouble.

Stepping into this floor made me feel nostalgic for some reason. The quarantine rooms lined along the hallway were familiar. Memories I don’t remember ever experiencing began surfacing in my mind. I guess they have something to do with my birth. I have to admit, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m… not entirely normal. Actually, it’s more like accepting it without believing. It’s not half bad, as far as I’m concerned; I’m still human and not doing harm to anyone yet. It’s like there’s nothing unusual to begin with. Regardless, it feels a little like home here.

I kept moving with a torch held between my teeth until I came across an office. I guess I’ll start here. The door was unlocked so I invited myself in and flicked the light switch on. There were folders scattered everywhere and on the table was a file labeled ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ in big bold letters just screaming at me to read it. And so I did. I opened the file and it was a list of some sort. It was a name list upon further reading.

‘Shou, Li’ was within the list. That’s probably me, since my dad’s last name was there. Though, with all that’s been going on, I wonder if my dad’s even my biological one. This is a list of all the infants they took in to experiment on, 100 names in total. Many shared the same last names, especially the Chinese ones. I scrolled further down and nearly dropped the file.

“Tanaka, Ryota…”

I blurted out loud. I reread the names under T and there weren’t any other Tanakas. Two things ran through my head at the discovery.
1) It’s just a coincidence.
2) Oh boy….

What to do? I pushed any attempt of speculating to the back of my head and swiped a briefcase off the chair and kept the files inside, along with the map. I browsed the office again for anything of significance. Turning to the PC isolated to a corner of the desk, I wonder if it’s connected to the rest of the building’s network. I sat down on the huge office chair and turned it on. This reminded me of the room I was in days earlier where I stumbled upon email backups. Maybe I could access them from here. While waiting for the PC to boot, I unclipped the radio from my belt so that I could sit better.

“Hey brat, found anything?”

The radio went off the moment I removed it, as if it predicted that I would start slacking off the moment I find comfort.

“Yeah, still searching though.”

“So, what did you find?”

“Just a name list…”

I hesitated and concentrated on finding those email copies.

“… And?”

Hmm, says here that there’s a delay in the mutation which could even total up to a few years. Maybe that’s why I’m still how I am compared to the others, but there’s no telling when transformation would take place.

“Shou?”

I gritted my teeth, really not wanting to say anything even if she was being polite and calling me by name. There’s no telling what she’d do if she knew that I knew something about her. I continued reading the files I found. There was a description of effects that the drugs causing the mutations did. I had them all printed out.

“OI! Shou you brat, answer me!”

“Y-yes?” I finally gave in and responded.

“What else did you find?”

“Some documents too long to explain.”

I skip over trying to elaborate about the name list, hoping that she doesn’t notice. Taking the printouts, I placed them into the briefcase as well. I picked it up along with the radio and moved out of the office.

“Can’t find anything about destroying myself though.”

“I told you, think mad scientist. Where would you store stuff if you were mad?”

“But I’m not mad.”

“Says she who likes to free fall.”

I made a face at the radio, not wanting to be reminded of my stupidity.

“Anyway, I’ll just keep searching.”

“Obviously.”

“Tch. How’s your wound coming along anyway?”

We were starting to have a normal conversation as I walked down the hallway searching for any suspicious looking rooms to violate. I’ve completely forgotten the fact that monsters could be roaming about. I’ll worry about it when they come. I hope they don’t.

“Still smarts like hell.”

“You know, this is kinda nice. Us not bickering much and you sounding normal.”

“Don’t think we’re friends just because I’m not spontaneously expressing my hate for you. I’m just tired.”

“It’s still nice.”

I heard her did a ‘pfffft’ and I laughed a little until I started passing by a certain quarantine room. It was the same room I came out from when I ‘returned from the dead’. There were dead bodies in there, genuinely deceased. Perhaps even their cells had not begun mutating yet and they had to meet such an ugly end. I feel oddly lucky to be standing here and observing the morbid sight. Prying my eyes away, I walked away and instinctively entered that same room nearby where I first met Reina. It's just like deja vu. The computers were still turned on; everything was how it was when we ran off. Turning to the PC, I tried to find any other files that weren’t in the office before.

“What do I do if the documents are password protected?” I asked into the radio the moment I stumbled upon more confidential files. I waited for an answer while typing out random words into the password field.

“What do you mean password protected?”

“You know, like you need a password to read the files?”

“I know that. Means something important must be in there then…”

“No way!” I answered sarcastically.

“Why you…” She caught on fast.

“Seriously, what do I do?”

“I don’t know, crack it?”

“I’m not THAT smart.”

“Yeah, you’re not. Bring back the PC?”

“You try carrying a CPU with one arm!”

“What do you expect us to do then?!”

“I don’t know, come back another day?”

“Wait, remember how the mad scientists mentioned they had a hacker? Maybe they could access those files from back in the lab .”

“Is that possible?”

“We could always come back another day.”

That made no difference at all! I silently agreed with her still and copied any data of the organization’s network into a disc. Why? I guess I placed myself in the shoes of a hacker. It was so much easier than being a mad scientist. Whoever LinLin’s hacker friend is, he or she would definitely need information like these.

After completing my task, I made a beeline for the exit.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:18:39 PM by inDeceit »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 9: Familiarity]
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 05:29:54 AM »
Creeping up to the fence surrounding the tall office-like building, I looked around to make sure that there was no sign of danger lurking anywhere.

Starting with the security desk, I searched around for anything useful. Found a torch, battery packs and a bunch of keys.
Just to be sure everyone is on the same wavelength, "torch" in this case is another word for "flashlight". :thumbsup

“What exactly are we searching for again?”

“Anything scientific? I don’t know! Think mad scientist!”

“Oh, very helpful.”
Probably would have been helpful if Junjun & Linlin had given them a hint of what might be useful.  :roll:

I went back to the security desk and opened the drawers. 2 were filled with stationeries and the last one was locked. I pried it open instead of using the keys since I’ve no patience to try out every one of them. There were some documents that proved no relevance and a floor map. It’s a layout of the entire building, including the ‘hidden’ floors.
Hidden floors? Those would probably be good starting points. :)

“Don’t you think anything important would’ve been gone by now?”

I put down the radio on the desk and spoke again while looking through the map under a working lamp. Another 5 minutes to wait for one response.

“Don’t jinx the operation you-“

“Brat, I know I know.. Stop calling me that already.”
I wonder why it takes 5 minutes for Reina to respond? It's not like 2-way radios experience delays in transmission. Even if they do, Shou and Reina aren't far enough from each other to cause a really significant/noticeable delay.

Stepping into this floor made me feel nostalgic for some reason. The quarantine rooms lined along the hallway were familiar. Memories I don’t remember ever experiencing began surfacing in my mind. I guess they have something to do with my birth. I have to admit, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m… not entirely normal. Actually, it’s more like accepting it without believing. It’s not half bad, as far as I’m concerned; I’m still human and not doing harm to anyone yet. It’s like there’s nothing unusual to begin with. Regardless, it feels a little like home her
Right now I don't know what's more creepy, the fact that Shou still seems resigned to the fact that the transforming into one of those creatures is inevitable, or the fact she now sees this place a "home-like".

I kept moving with a torch held between my teeth until I came across an office. I guess I’ll start here. The door was unlocked so I invited myself in and flicked the light switch on. There were folders scattered everywhere and on the table was a file labeled ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ in big bold letters
Gee, think maybe Shou should take a look? :P

I opened the file and it was a list of some sort. It was a name list upon further reading.
The names of the test subjects from the experiments?

I scrolled further down and nearly dropped the file.

“Tanaka, Ryota…”

I blurted out loud. I reread the names under T and there weren’t any other Tanakas.
Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :o

Well, this explains quite a bit.

“What do I do if the documents are password protected?” I asked into the radio the moment I stumbled upon more confidential files.
Yeah...probably would have been helpful if Junjun & Linlin had given them some help with that.

“Wait, remember how the mad scientists mentioned they had a hacker? Maybe they could access those files from back in the lab .”
They did? :?
* JFC checks

Oh yeah.  Well, now that they have the data, they have to get it back.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 10: Reason to hate]
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 12:26:09 AM »
Hmmm... weird chapter. Not good with tragedies. Haven't been proof read too.. Zzzz

Chapter 10 - Reason to hate

Getting back was such an unexpected breeze that I felt a little paranoid about it. Any moment now, something huge would jump out and rip my head off! That sort of thing was what kept running through my mind as I made my way down the stairs and back to the main elevator. If this was what reverse psychology meant, it really sucks.

Back in the steel cage, I pressed for the lobby and waited. Meanwhile worrying about my recent discovery. It’s only a matter of time before it’s brought up, and I can’t imagine the consequences of discussing this matter. If this Ryota guy really was related to Reina, I don’t know what to think of it either. Can she honestly bare such an intense animosity towards family? Curiosity just keeps getting the better of me.

The lift was incredibly fast. It only took a matter of minutes to reach the lobby and I strolled out, quite satisfied with my find. Brushing the matter at hand away for the moment, I hurried out of the building and back to the sleazy hut. Unfortunately, the way back was a game of hide-and-seek. It really was too good to be true, to be void of all man and beast during my trip. As soon as I stepped outside the building, an unlucky soldier was being devoured by one of the many mutations in the region. Turning around as quickly as I could, I took a longer route back by traveling behind buildings to avoid being seen. I consider it a difficult task, finding my way back when I’m lost in a maze of alleyways.

My goal was a big steel door and I simply wandered about hiding in shadows until I came across steel doors. Who knew the south had at least half a dozen of them scattered all about! Half a dozen of opening and slamming heavy doors later, I finally found the drug store. Tired out from the journey back, I quickly opened it and moved behind the counter where I left Reina. When I saw her, she was sound asleep.

Shouldn’t disturb her then, she needs the rest. I looked around the store for some food, can’t remember when was the last time I even ate. Apart from illegal drugs I recognize and god knows what those colorful liquids are, there wasn’t much. I found the leftover rations of instant noodles and bread anyway. Hot water wasn’t available so I had to make do with buns. Thankfully they had fillings. I ripped open the packaging and sat down beside the sleeping girl. While eating, I opened the briefcase. Taking out the files and papers I had printed out, I browsed through the headers for anything of interest.

“Hmm, superhuman eh?”

I spoke to no one in particular. Apparently one of the documents stated the desired effect that should’ve taken place within the mutants rather than… well, a horrible mutation. Seems like I should have an acute sense of hearing, sight and smell thanks to the experiment, enhanced muscles and immunity to injuries. That explains a lot, though I don’t feel much of a difference regarding my senses and physique. The rest were detailed information that just seemed like repetitions. I’ll leave it to the scientists to go through them. I quietly browsed through short paragraphs and summaries for the rest of the hour. I wonder what time it is.

Gradually being lured to sleep, I had to slap myself across the face to stay awake. Without warning, a bright light flashed across me and disappeared within milliseconds. I felt a sharp pain at the back of my eye immediately after and for a moment there, my vision unmistakably became like a negative photograph. There’s a faint feeling in me but just as quickly it went away. I slumped forward, knocking against the cabinet we were both leaning on. The impact aroused Reina from her slumber. I kept my back hunched, pinching the bridge of my nose to get rid of that odd sensation I just experienced.

“Uhh... What the hell?”

I sensed that she had sat up from her spot, probably cranky from the unwanted wakeup call. She saw me beside her and shoved me on the shoulder.

“What was that for? And I was having such a nice nap.”

Looking up weakly, I smiled sheepishly and apologized.

“What’s up with you? Seen a ghost?”

“Huh?”

“You’re pale.”

I placed my palm on my cheeks and indeed they felt a little chilly.

“Might be the weather, it’s nothing.”

I lied. Didn’t see a sense in telling her about something even I wasn’t sure about. I rubbed my face to refresh myself. She shifted her gaze to the papers around me and picked one up. Of all pages she could’ve chosen, it was the name list. From a corner of my eye, I watched her run through the list with a blank expression.

“You read the list, right?”

I kept silent when she asked. What am I suppose to say anyway? I didn’t want to incur her wrath.

“I assume you know?”

Was Ryota really her relative? I hate it when my guesses were right. I’ll just pretend I know nothing.

“Know what?”

“Don’t play games with me…”

“Alright, alright. I speculated a little about the guy on the list. So he’s your…”

“Younger brother.”

“Then he’s no different from…”

“Right, and I hate him just as much.”

“But why?”

She had that angry glare again, except it wasn’t directed at me but the ground this time, or something else. Assuming the ‘he’ mentioned in her sleep was Ryota, it wasn’t a glare of hate that I see. I’ve seen enough of her hateful glares within a few days to tell hate from something else. When she spoke in her dreams, that frown she had… it was like she had something important taken away from her and what she said supported it. It was anything BUT hate.

“Why? Give me a reason not to hate a monster.”

“I… Uh, they did nothing to you?”

“Another reason! Because they did do something to me!”

“…” I couldn’t come up with anything. She allowed anger to take over and started rambling.

“They killed my parents.”

“Destroyed my family.”

“Destroyed my life…”

I sat still and listened.

“Do you have any idea how it’s like to have everything you loved taken away just like that?!”  She snapped her finger to make a point.

No, I did not know how it felt like. Technically, I had not loved. I strayed from my family, learned things I shouldn’t learn. I was murdered then granted a brand new crappy life, discovered my true ugly identity and thrown into a whole load of bullshit. That’s right, I don’t know what she’s going through, I can’t relate. I feel bad about it. She wasn’t expecting my answer and continued.

“He was one of YOU, I couldn’t believe it.”

Reina pulled her knees to her chest, growing vulnerable and emotional as she told me her story. I suppose the mention of her brother finally broke something inside that could bring her down to this state. Normally, I doubt even cruel and unnatural torture is capable of making her say anything about herself. Everything just exploded out of her right then.

“Dad dedicated his life to you… those creatures. Said it was his job as a scientist. You would think just one parent’s love was enough, but that’s not true. I’m grateful for everything mama did, but it didn’t felt complete...”

I nodded, unsure but in agreement. She had her gaze stuck to the ground.

“Ryota came along one day and we were like a real family again. I loved that boy, he brought dad back from whatever it was that took him away during my birth. I didn’t know we weren’t blood related, but he’s my brother all the same. We grew up as good friends, no secrets between us. Only trust.”

Trust… I wish we had that too.

“Then, just suddenly, dad took him away without a reason. They never came back. Not until months later. He did return, but as a different person. No… he wasn’t human anymore when he came home.”

Her voice started to break and she was trembling slightly. That tough girl persona was disappearing right before me.

“I saw him change, I watched him lose his senses and destroy everything in sight. Men came for him at the right time, but they all perished. Mama died trying to stop him. The murders around the city happened soon after.”

Was he the first to change? I remember the email I read. They took in a boy for observation. Was that him?

“I can’t believe that monster was my brother. The trust we had… I didn’t expect to discover what he was under such circumstances… I didn’t expect any of these at all! It was like betrayal. It hurts.”

She folded her arms on her knees and buried her face in them. Her body was shaking uncontrollably. I tried to comfort her but she pushed me away.

“I hated the project!! I hate… I hate you!”

It was a vague tale, but I forgive her. She deserves to hate me, all of us. If it weren’t for the project, none of these would have happened. She broke down and I couldn’t’ do anything for her. She wouldn’t let me. Neither did I know what to say. I stared straight ahead, deep in thought and allowed her to calm down.

Thinking about our situation, and how she’s really just a normal person whose life is being toyed with. We were different in so many ways, and for the fact that fate is twisted, we’ve come to know each other. She’s the victim here, and I’m neither hero nor villain. I’m just a typical teenager! We all are, including Linlin and Junjun. What can we do? No, who are we to try and destroy something as horrendous as a national project gone insanely wrong? I doubt myself, along with everyone else. We’re not in an adventure story where the protagonists always win, we’re in a life or death situation and this story has no clichéd happy ending. Who could be the next to die, next to transform, or are our plans of ‘saving the world’ even going to happen? Every second into the future is unpredictable, even with a solid plan. That’s why it’s so scary. Real life is terrifying like that and we can only try to make do with it.

Reina was sobbing quietly. I turned to her in attempt to comfort again.

“Feeling better?”

“I hate you.” She repeated under the sobbing.

“I know…”

“No, I hate you for making me sappy like that.”

“Oh… Still, what’s been done to you isn’t something that can be forgotten overnight… I’m sorry”

I murmured the last bit. I thought for a bit and was going to make a decision that I can’t take back. I felt responsible, in a way. I’ve decided to bare the wrongdoings of my kind, being undeniably part of them after all. I felt burdened and could only think of one way to compensate Reina. Sure, I couldn’t relate, I’m terrified of actually dying, there’s no real reason to be sacrificial about it, but it’s the only solution I could think of. Something in me really wants to help this girl and I don’t think I’m suppose to be alive anyway, so why not. I’m not exactly being clear with myself, but still…

I bit down on my lower lip, making sure that there’s no regret once I convict myself to this plan. I’ll gladly offer up my life once the formula to destroy is created. Of course, I’m not telling anyone else yet. When the time comes, my life will be at the mercy of this girl’s very hands whether she still likes it or not. I can’t explain my sudden decision to die, but nonsense happens. Some things just don’t need explanations, as stupid as spontaneously offering someone else your life sounds. I’m as confused about myself as everyone else, so let’s not harp on it anymore. It’s decided.

“We’re leaving when you’re prepared.”

Reina spoke up while I was lost in thought. I straightened up and nodded quietly. We spent the next few hours resting up and gaining back as much energy that would be required to travel back to the lab.

From now on, some things are going to change.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »
When I read that last line, I get the feeling something big is going to happen. I hope its not tragic.

You handled this chapter pretty well even if you didn't think so. It was also nice and long, something I really can't do XD

Will be looking forward to the next part :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 03:33:37 AM »
Getting back was such an unexpected breeze that I felt a little paranoid about it. Any moment now, something huge would jump out and rip my head off! That sort of thing was what kept running through my mind as I made my way down the stairs and back to the main elevator. If this was what reverse psychology meant, it really sucks.
It's not reverse psychology, but yeah, it sucks.

If this Ryota guy really was related to Reina, I don’t know what to think of it either. Can she honestly bare such an intense animosity towards family? Curiosity just keeps getting the better of me.
Shou might have it a little mixed up here. Reina probably doesn't hate her brother. She probably hates what happened to him (i.e. being turned into one of those creatures), and because of it hates all of the creatures in general.

“Hmm, superhuman eh?”

I spoke to no one in particular. Apparently one of the documents stated the desired effect that should’ve taken place within the mutants rather than… well, a horrible mutation. Seems like I should have an acute sense of hearing, sight and smell thanks to the experiment, enhanced muscles and immunity to injuries. That explains a lot, though I don’t feel much of a difference regarding my senses and physique.
The superhuman strength probably is manifesting itself within the mutations themselves. It's not quite what they expected, and definitely not what they planned or how they planned it to happen.

Without warning, a bright light flashed across me and disappeared within milliseconds. I felt a sharp pain at the back of my eye immediately after and for a moment there, my vision unmistakably became like a negative photograph. There’s a faint feeling in me but just as quickly it went away. I slumped forward, knocking against the cabinet we were both leaning on.
The first indications of transforming?

“You’re pale.”

I placed my palm on my cheeks and indeed they felt a little chilly.

“Might be the weather, it’s nothing.”

I lied. Didn’t see a sense in telling her about something even I wasn’t sure about. I rubbed my face to refresh myself.
Looks like Shou's not quite convinced that it's just the temperature.

Was Ryota really her relative?

I speculated a little about the guy on the list. So he’s your…”

“Younger brother.”

“Then he’s no different from…”

“Right, and I hate him just as much.”
Well, that sends my previous theory right down the crapper. :o

“Dad dedicated his life to you… those creatures. Said it was his job as a scientist. You would think just one parent’s love was enough, but that’s not true. I’m grateful for everything mama did, but it didn’t felt complete...”

“Ryota came along one day and we were like a real family again. I loved that boy, he brought dad back from whatever it was that took him away during my birth. I didn’t know we weren’t blood related, but he’s my brother all the same. We grew up as good friends, no secrets between us. Only trust.”
Wait, Reina's dad was one of the scientists? So then, Ryota must have been one of the infants that were found and used in the experiments. The records said that they were placed in foster families, which would explain why Reina's dad was home more often. He was there to monitor Ryota.

“Then, just suddenly, dad took him away without a reason. They never came back. Not until months later. He did return, but as a different person. No… he wasn’t human anymore when he came home.”

Her voice started to break and she was trembling slightly. That tough girl persona was disappearing right before me.

“I saw him change, I watched him lose his senses and destroy everything in sight. Men came for him at the right time, but they all perished. Mama died trying to stop him. The murders around the city happened soon after.”
He must have taken him away just as they noticed the children were starting to go berserk, possibly to try and cure him.  Evidently whatever they tried, failed.

Was he the first to change? I remember the email I read. They took in a boy for observation. Was that him?

“I can’t believe that monster was my brother. The trust we had… I didn’t expect to discover what he was under such circumstances… I didn’t expect any of these at all! It was like betrayal. It hurts.”
Watching her own brother turn into the creatures that she hated...it's no wonder Reina's been so hostile to Shou.

But...did Ryota know what he was? Was Ryota conscious and aware of what he was doing as he was and after he transformed?

what’s been done to you isn’t something that can be forgotten overnight… I’m sorry”

I murmured the last bit. I thought for a bit and was going to make a decision that I can’t take back. I felt responsible, in a way. I’ve decided to bare the wrongdoings of my kind,

it’s the only solution I could think of. Something in me really wants to help this girl and I don’t think I’m suppose to be alive anyway, so why not. I’m not exactly being clear with myself, but still…

I bit down on my lower lip, making sure that there’s no regret once I convict myself to this plan. I’ll gladly offer up my life once the formula to destroy is created. Of course, I’m not telling anyone else yet. When the time comes, my life will be at the mercy of this girl’s very hands whether she still likes it or not.
I can see the reasoning for Shou's decision as being two-fold.  First, she doesn't want to transform and become like the creatures that they've been fighting and running from all this time. The thought of losing your humanity and becoming something so...primal is terrifying.  Secondly, by offering her life she hopes to give Reina the vengeance that she's been seeking.  Shou knows that if they find the formula, she's going to be as good as dead anyway once she starts to change. If her death can give Reina some peace of mind, then her life (short and confusing as it has been) will have lead to something good. SHE will have done something good.

Dude I agree with lil_hamz, you handled this part quite well. :thumbsup

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 11: Departure]
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 01:13:08 PM »
Chapter 11 –Departure

Soon enough, we both silently agreed to drop the previous matter and worked to steal yet another random car off the streets. We got back to the lab safely in one piece after much searching. Well, almost. Never knew Reina could be a back-seat driver. The scientists were delighted to see us when we entered the room, or rather, they were more excited about what we’ve found. I tossed the briefcase towards them and dragged a limping Reina with me to the corner, demanding at least a first aid kit from the others before they got crazy with the papers. I had her sit on the bed while I knelt down on the ground in front of her leg.

While Linlin and Junjun were busy looking through our finds, I took the chance to properly patch up Reina’s leg. It was an ugly sight to see by now, and the gash was still pretty deep. The bleeding might have stopped hours ago but it’s not good to have raw flesh exposed for too long, I know that at least. But I have a first aid kit now; the wound should be a little easier to deal with.

“Nooo... No stitching! You’re not certified, go away!”

She kicked me when I suggested that I should stitch up her wounds for the sake of assurance. I smirked and caught hold of her ankle when she got flustered. Ha ha, she’s afraid of needles. I haven’t even started applying the antiseptic though! I held her ankle between my knees and started cleaning her wound.

“Bah, What’s so bad about stitching.” 

“It hurts! OW! And you’re not a doctor!”

I ignored her. If she did not scream and wail when her leg got messed up, no reason to be sorry when she’s making a fuss now. But as much as I want to stitch up her wound because it’s needed, we don’t have needles, thread nor do I know how, so all I can do now is bandage it up and leave it to heal itself. I patted the well done bandaging and moved to sit on the bed beside Reina, who hit me again because apparently a little touching of the wound still hurts. I was about to say something when Junjun’s voice burst out from the other side of the room.

“This won’t do!! It’s not enough!”

“What’s not enough?” I asked her from across the room, cocking my head to a side. I saw her fling the papers into the air in frustration.

“Not enough information to do anything! It’s all just descriptions and we need none of these.”

“Should’ve told us what you wanted.”

“I thought you’d be smart enough to figure it out. Think mad scientist, you know?”

Reina nodded in an ‘I told you so’ way. I glared at her but she played innocent.

“What do you suppose we do now? We’re in no condition to go back. What about those protected files?”

“We have to wait a while before we could do anything about those. Until then…” She thought hard, but Linlin finished the sentence for her before she got the chance.

“Until then, you’ll have to stay here and be our lab mice.”

If it could, my jaw would’ve fallen off right then. How can she say that with the brightest smile I’ve seen in my life?

“What are you girls going to do to me?”

“Run tests, observe you, harmless things like that.”

“Just that?”

“That’s all we can do now until we have further information. Please stay. You’re our only hope in discovering anything new now. Besides, you do want to revert back to a true human again, right?”

I shifted my gaze to the floor, they’ve hit the nail right on my head. It’s no doubt that I’d be likely to try anything to become a real human rather than this ugly hybrid thing.

“There’s no way I’m staying with Shou though.” Reina interrupted.

“That’s okay, we don’t really need you.”

Consider it partially true. I tried holding back my laughter, but I couldn’t help but chuckle a little. Ouch! A forearm came swinging against my stomach the moment I opened my mouth. I rubbed my tortured belly. Back to the question at hand, I didn’t have any other places to go, so there’s no other option but to agree.

“Alright, but promise there won’t be pain!”

“Oh, we wouldn’t dream of harming you.” Linlin flashed another bright smile, which made me feel uneasy. Very uneasy.

All was settled and I spent the next few weeks being observed by them. Occasionally they would send us out to pick up groceries, scout the area or do something incredibly dangerous like retrieve skin samples from the monsters themselves. I don’t even want to mention how we managed to achieve that. Having nine lives was probably not enough (No harming me my ass.). This dragged on for half a year and yet there was still little progress. The two geniuses were unable to contact their hacker and the protected files had been left unopened until now. Our old and new injuries were completely healed as well.

Linlin and Junjun were really… unique, and they’re good company to hang around when they’re not in scientist mode. I think I’ve improved my Chinese during my stay, and they can cook! I learnt something from them in exchange for being turned anemic. Reina on the other hand, still slightly hostile and threatening but we do have our share of laughs occasionally. Laughing AT each other, that is. It’s like we have some sort of weird sadistic friendship, I don’t know. Along the way, I’ve personally created a resolution for myself. Help these girls out with their research until my end. I seriously doubt they can revert me as much as I’d like that to happen, but I’m sure there’s a way to eliminate.

Needless to say, life went on as normal as it could get until one fine day.

“I’m leaving.”

I looked up from watching blood being drawn out of my left arm for the countless time this year. It was a random outburst from Reina, taking all of us by surprise.

“Leaving?”

“It’s a waste of my time staying here.”

“Took you long enough to realize, but where can you go?”

“My injuries are healed, so I want to find a way out of this accursed city.”

“But it’s dangerous out there!”

“Hey, I survived well enough before I even met you all, what makes you think I can’t do the same again.”

“She’s right you know.” Junjun chipped in. “It’ll do us all good if she found an exit too. I want to experience the outside world when we’re done with this.”

I guess they’re not all just about saving the world we’re confined in. Once this is done, they’ll move on to something else to lay their curious hand on. Hmm, I think I would like to see the outside world too if I am ever cured of this curse. I nodded quietly, giving her my permission regardless of whether she cares about what I think.

“I will be back, just so you know.”

“Be careful… Your hear?”

“You’re not the boss of me!”

I laughed at her stubbornness. Two days later, Reina up and left us just like that. It was a sudden move from her and I think I’m going to miss the physical pain as well as mental ones we gave each other. But better believe and let her go then have her run away without a word.

I wonder what will happen now.

-----------

Funny, because I never planned for them to get long o.o I just keep going till a good cliffhanger comes up or something.
Thanks though, my self-esteem got boosted. I've been feeling like crap lately.

And about this chapter, sorry to make Reina leave just like that right after she told her story >_> It's a sudden change in direction, and I figured she's not one to stay on for months doing redundant stuff. Besides, now that she's on her own quest, I can bring in new characters :) Poor Shou's still armless though.  :roll:

Hmm.. who's next.. *rubs hands together*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:14:13 PM by inDeceit »

Offline shindoushiz

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • よっし!仕事へa go!まだ無いけど、しくしく
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 11: Departure]
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »
It would be helpful if Shou could have 2 arms again. :oops: So now it's just the 3 of them and someday the hacker friend might show that he's still there.
Cool, waiting to see different environments and new characters. :yep:

元気で行こう!
小川麻琴Dance Dance Suru no da!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 12]
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2007, 02:40:35 PM »
Yeah, it's challenging to write a one arm person. I keep forgetting  :angry: lol

Two MM girls would appear in the next few chapters, one replacing Reina and another to stay behind as the hacker  :shocked:

edit: Fast, aren't I? I got lazy with titles by the way.
This chapter's short, sort of like an introduction.

Chapter 12

The months following Reina’s departure were painfully boring. No one left to practice my arguing skills on; no more poking fun of people, and everything’s just so different. Sure it was fun with the other two, but it sort of died when they managed to contact whomever their hacker friend was. What I’ve grown used to in a short amount of time has changed just as fast. Doesn’t mean I’m going back on my word though. I’m still going to carry out favors for Junjun and co. Yes, even the dangerous, life threatening ones.

On the topic of life threatening favors, I’m currently outside taking a walk around the city. It was against my will, unfortunately but promises are promises. The girls had me fit into some boiler suit and I have to admit, it’s pretty comfortable and warm. Though having my right sleeve dangling about is distracting. They wanted me to retrieve more live samples of the mutants since the last sample I brought back were burnt to crisps in an experiment. No matter how many times I tried convincing them that it’s too dangerous of a task, they just keep brush me off. As if the mutants could tell that I’m one of them and tear their skin off for me as a welcome gift. As I was saying, I’m out in the city right now taking a stroll. It’s already my second day out. They wouldn’t let me back until I’ve gotten hold of what they want, how merciless.

You must be wondering, why am I taking a stroll instead of being wary when the outside is full of unexpected danger? Honestly, being out here puts me on the edge. Not for the fact that it’s obviously dangerous, but I’ve came to realize that there’s not a single soul regardless of being human or not anywhere! Maybe they went into hibernation because it’s close to winter. That’ll be funny, or strangely true. If it was true, I’ll be spending a long, long time out in the cold until those damned things wake up. As for the people, they are probably in hiding. Humans were like a rarity lately.

It is freezing! Doesn’t help that my surroundings were mostly metal, even the walls felt like ice blocks. I could see my breath becoming visible as I sighed. Maybe it wasn’t so bad if they were hibernating though, I could sneak in and steal a piece of them before they even notice! That’s right, I’ll do just that. I’m starting to sound desperate, aren’t I? Anything to get out of the cold, and return to the lab for some hot tea. I seriously hate the cold. Now, where do mutants sleep?

I would try the sewers again, but maybe when I’m out of ideas. That place gave bad memories still. I found myself lost under the highway after some aimless wandering. It was slightly foggy and the lights gave everything a sad look. How should I describe it? Like time stood still. Not just in this tunnel, but outside as well. Everything seems so cold and gloomy. Around me were sleeping bags that had been left behind, or its owners had been hauled away from the looks of the mess. I could hear shuffling among the fog but I’m not quite sure.

Advancing closer to the end of the tunnel, a gunshot suddenly went off and had gone through my armless sleeve. It startled me at first, causing me to look around in a slight panic. I couldn’t see anything and could only continue moving forward. Then there was the echo of a gun being loaded in a hurry. Before I knew it, another gunshot went off and I felt a tightening sharp sensation around my chest. The last thing I heard was a low scream and everything blanked out.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:09:22 PM by inDeceit »

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
So...this person who shoot Shou is one of the new characters?  :dunno: Who could be?
Shou has a bad luck with humans... if they don't want to experiment with her they want to kill her  :on lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 09:14:24 PM »
Chapter 11 –Departure
We got back to the lab safely in one piece after much searching. Well, almost. Never knew Reina could be a back-seat driver. The scientists were delighted to see us when we entered the room, or rather, they were more excited about what we’ve found. I tossed the briefcase towards them and dragged a limping Reina with me to the corner, demanding at least a first aid kit from the others before they got crazy with the papers.
Yeah, scientists have that rep where they get so into their research that they sometimes ignore or forget the human factor/involvement.

I took the chance to properly patch up Reina’s leg. It was an ugly sight to see by now, and the gash was still pretty deep. The bleeding might have stopped hours ago but it’s not good to have raw flesh exposed for too long, I know that at least. But I have a first aid kit now; the wound should be a little easier to deal with.
With luck, no infection has set in yet.

Junjun’s voice burst out from the other side of the room.

“This won’t do!! It’s not enough!”
Are they sure they looked through everything? Maybe what they want is encrypted.

At any rate, Shou's not a scientist. A lot of the data that they'll need will be in the form of formulas and statistics and figures that Shou can't be expected to comprehend. As scientists, they should have known better and given Shou and Reina an idea of what they needed. Key words, or descriptions of what the files would contain or something like that.

“Should’ve told us what you wanted.”

“I thought you’d be smart enough to figure it out. Think mad scientist, you know?”

Reina nodded in an ‘I told you so’ way. I glared at her but she played innocent.

“What do you suppose we do now? We’re in no condition to go back
Reina = :mon geek:

Shou =  :mon annoy:

Junjun & Linlin =  :mon unsure:

“Until then, you’ll have to stay here and be our lab mice.”

If it could, my jaw would’ve fallen off right then. How can she say that with the brightest smile I’ve seen in my life?
Linlin =  :hee:

Shou =  :stunned:

Unfortunately for Shou, Junjun and Linlin see her as just one of the test subjects, and not as a person. It colours the way that they see her, and thus the way that they talk to her.

“What are you girls going to do to me?”

“Run tests, observe you, harmless things like that.”
For now. If Shou starts to show signs of transforming though, they'll probably have to take some more severe measures.

“That’s all we can do now until we have further information. Please stay. You’re our only hope in discovering anything new now. Besides, you do want to revert back to a true human again, right?”

I shifted my gaze to the floor, they’ve hit the nail right on my head. It’s no doubt that I’d be likely to try anything to become a real human rather than this ugly hybrid thing.
It would be nice if they could indeed cure her. That would mean that she wouldn't have to sacrifice her life.  And if they find a cure that can be administered on a widespread scale, it would give hope of helping all the others who have already changed, including Ryota.

All was settled and I spent the next few weeks being observed by them. Occasionally they would send us out to pick up groceries, scout the area or do something incredibly dangerous like retrieve skin samples from the monsters themselves. I don’t even want to mention how we managed to achieve that.
Eh? :?

This dragged on for half a year and yet there was still little progress. The two geniuses were unable to contact their hacker and the protected files had been left unopened until now.
Makes you wonder if the hacker still even alive?  He/she might have gotten caught by authorities and thrown in prison.

Needless to say, life went on as normal as it could get until one fine day.

“I’m leaving.”

“It’s a waste of my time staying here.”

“Took you long enough to realize, but where can you go?”

“My injuries are healed, so I want to find a way out of this accursed city.”
I wonder if Reina might have started to feel like she was getting close to Shou. There's no rule after all, that says you have to overtly like someone to get emotionally attached to them.  If that's the case, she could be leaving to spare herself the pain of seeing Shou transform (even though it hasn't happened yet).

Regardless, a way out would probably be nice, as they're likely to be in need of a replenishing of their food supplies and what not.

Two MM girls would appear in the next few chapters, one replacing Reina and another to stay behind as the hacker
It's going to be interesting to see how the two new girls explain where the hell they've been all this time and how they've managed to survive with all the creatures running around.

Chapter 12
The months following Reina’s departure were painfully boring. No one left to practice my arguing skills on; no more poking fun of people, and everything’s just so different.
It's strange (in a good way) that Shou still hasn't transformed.  Previous chapters had shown that most of the creatures transformed all within the same basic time frame, and yet here's Shou, several months after initially being "killed", and she's still herself.  Did the pandas manage to find a way to slow down/delay the transformation? Is there some sort of trigger that Shou just hasn't experienced yet?

Sure it was fun with the other two, but it sort of died when they managed to contact whomever their hacker friend was.
Ok, now what? Is the hacker coming over? Is the data going to be transmitted to him/her to try and hack?  How's that supposed to work?

Maybe they went into hibernation because it’s close to winter.
That would be an interesting twist if it was discovered that the creatures hibernate in the winter. At the very least, it would make collecting skin and bio-samples from them a lot easier.

Advancing closer to the end of the tunnel, a gunshot suddenly went off and had gone through my armless sleeve. It startled me at first, causing me to look around in a slight panic. I couldn’t see anything and could only continue moving forward. Then there was the echo of a gun being loaded in a hurry. Before I knew it, another gunshot went off and I felt a tightening sharp sensation around my chest. The last thing I heard was a low scream and everything blanked out.
Shou must have looked a lot bigger while she's wearing that boiler suit. Whoever shot her must have mistaken her for one of the creatures. :o

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 11:41:55 AM »
There's probably still quite a lot of untransformed kids around, it is possible that there are those who might transform even later than Shou. =O
Hmm, I should give a h!p girl the same role as Shou, just luckier.  :yep:

There's one very short and extremely tiny clue as to who shot the poor kid  ;)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
I think I saw the clue.

low scream

I put my bet on Aichan. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
 :lol:
hoho... Here, have a cupcake~

I should stop doing my chapters at 3am in the morning -__- *wanders away*

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 05:23:37 PM »
^ It's all good. :wahaha:

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2007, 01:35:06 PM »
Omg, going on a hiatus because I can ;D

Lol, truth is, as much as I'd love to put up the next chapter in time for Aichan's birthday~ I've been obsessed with doing H!P covers on the guitar/piano to actually write anything anymore >_>

So.. yeah... My bad. I'll try to make the next update a better one. :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2007, 05:31:13 AM »
If you need a bit of a break go for it dude. Sometimes a writer needs a bit of time to recharge the creative batteries. :) It's all good.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »
I need quality time with my psp :D

and I'm a girl ;_; but meh

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2007, 11:41:16 PM »
^ Oops. :P

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 13]
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
Gaaah. headache.
Thought I'd get it over and done with before I completely forget the plot. Probably a WTF chapter with the randomness x__X

Chapter 13

“Holy… It’s human!”

I know I heard someone say that. Perhaps being attacked at a vital point only renders me semi-conscious because I was more or less still aware of my surroundings. I’m quite sure the shooter didn’t miss; it was a sloppy shot but incredibly accurate. A pinching feeling started in my chest, also a little like being pricked by a bunch of needles. Either way, it felt strangely nice. OR I’m starting to become masochistic. Damn, God help me if that was true. I think I’m healing anyway. It’s different from my severed arm healing though. The skin around my bullet wound was actually closing up compared to just stopping with the bleeding. I lay still while my assailant prodded me with her foot.

This person was oddly quiet. I kept my breathing steady, as uncomfortable as it is. Hopefully she’ll lose all curiosity in this here ‘corpse’ and move along with her life. That’ll be great, wouldn’t it? Then I won’t have to explain why I rose from the dead to an armed stranger. She’ll probably shoot me again thinking I’m a zombie, who knows? Just as I was praying for this female person to leave me alone, I felt two fingers somewhere under my jaw.

Well, my cover’s busted. She definitely felt a pulse on me seeing as she pulled her hand away immediately after. I sense the fabric of my outfit shift. I don’t suppose she’s going to check my bullet wound, is she? Eh?! She is! Oh no she don’t. If I allowed her to inspect me, I might be dissected next for all I know. I quickly turned over before she even knew it. I heard that same deep scream and a loud crash. For someone I thought who could hold her cool well in front of a dead body, she sure had one heck of a reaction.

Back facing the woman, I looked under the stained part of my suit and saw an ugly scar where a hole should be. It didn’t take long to heal, being a small injury after all. I turned back to the person who had fallen into a pile of discarded belongings. She seemed young. More mature than me but looks can be deceiving. She wore a soldier’s outfit and was sort of rugged. There’s a higher chance of her being a real soldier rather than a cosplayer. In that case, I had better keep a low profile. Linlin did tell me not to let too many people know about my situation, least they decide to mess up the research and what not.

“Uhmm, I’m sorry!”

I shuffled to my feet and apologized for startling her before attempting to flee before she could do anything else. Then I heard the click of a gun and froze on instinct. How I hate déjà vu, and with a passion too. I bet she’s thinking that I’m an undead or something. I could run now, risk being shot and let myself heal again… but then I’d just pass out for all I know if she did fire, then she’ll pummel me with bullets until I’m really dead… and… I should stop with the wild imaginations.

“Why are you alive?”

“Eh?”

I spun around to face her without thinking. She was sitting still in the pile of junk while aiming her pistol at me, her arm jerking at my sudden turn. My legs involuntarily moved back.

“You’re not supposed to be alive!”

She looked at me, her face more or less drained of blood. And the tone she used, it was enough to tell me that she was cautious, and afraid under that entire demanding exterior.

“Look, just let me go. I’m not going to hurt you or anyone else.”

“How can I believe you? You took a bullet but now you’re moving about like it never happened?”

“Miracles, haven’t you heard? ”

“Yeah, right.”

“Won’t do you any good keeping me here so please just … pretend it never happened?”

I really don’t want to go any deeper with this. I might just let my identity slip and bring myself more trouble. WHY must this woman be so stubborn?! Damnit. I need a distraction. She seems to have gotten a little confidence back when she realized I’m not a source of immediate danger.

“I can’t. It’s my duty to rid the city of potential danger. And YOU are exactly that.”

“What are you talking about? I’m perfectly harmless. I don’t even have a weapon with me.”

“Being able to survive a shot to the heart is suspicious enough. You could very well be those ‘things’.”

She ignored me and stood up, advancing towards me. Being suspected was about as bad as being exposed. I started to laugh nervously.

”Nonsense! I’m a hundred percent-“

Next thing I knew, I got a sharp blow to my head and passed out again. Not only was she stubborn, she sure was violent. Some time had passed when I came to. I don’t think I am at the same place as before anymore. The air felt musty, and all I saw around me was streams of light from the windows. I tried to reach for the bump on my head but was surprised that a rope had been tied around my body, locking my arm in place as well. I groaned in frustration and struggled, falling to my side in the process. Completely random, but I rolled about until I finally gave in to my predicament. 5 minutes into lying on the floor and light suddenly flooded into the room as the woman came in holding some... grocery bags?

“Oh, you’re awake.”

She smiled at me and laid the bags on the table.

“Why’d you knock me out?”

I looked up at her, and everything was upside down.

“Only way to keep you from running away.”

“But I told you! I’m harmless!!”

Maybe not completely harmless since I doubt myself, but still. I started rolling again, trying to sit up.

“Not buying that.”

“Damn, you take your ‘duty’ too seriously.”

She shrugged and knelt down on one knee by my side, observing me. She was especially curious with my missing limb, poking at my shoulder without a reason.

“It’s my job as a soldier regardless of circumstances.”

“But the city’s already hopeless, what’s the point?”

“You don’t get it, do you?”

I shook my head. I think she’s the one that is completely oblivious of what’s exactly going on. I give up trying to open up her eyes to facts. Deciding that I shouldn’t be too serious with her to prevent myself from leaking any information that an outsider shouldn’t know, I changed the subject.

“Could you release me?”

“No.”

I frowned and pouted until I laid eyes on the bags she brought in earlier. I wonder what’s in it. I changed the topic, again.

“You went grocery shopping?”

“Sort of. Just took whatever I could find at the abandoned market.”

Ah, just like what Reina and I used to do whenever the scientists told us to gather food. Speaking of food, I’m a little thirsty.

“Oh. Are you ever going to let me go?”

“Over my dead body.”

“Do you at least have chocolate milk?”

“What?”

“Milk.”

“You’re strange. I don’t have any.”

“Sucks. Could I know your name then, Miss Soldier?”

She gave me an odd look. I suppose I went a little too much on the subject changing and my way of speaking. But if I could convince her that I’m just a brainless teenager, she might release me. Although, I don't know what she’s thinking or just how clever a soldier can be. I’m afraid that she had already figured out what I’m trying to do from the beginning!

“Takahashi Ai.”

“Well then… Uhh…”

I find it somewhat strange to speak her name, and the word itself refuses to roll off my tongue. Probably something to do with my native tongue. Until I figure out what to address her by without feeling awkward, I'll just be ambiguous or something.

“Uhh… got any food?”

She gave me that WTF look again and stood up to look through the bags. This is going to be a long day.

-----

Funny, I tend to have trouble saying Aichan's name without the -chan >_>;;

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Shinra Bansho [Chapter 13]
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »
Yay Aichan. <3

Lol don't worry, I had that problem too, but I overcame it. XD Good job. Looking forward to their interaction. :D

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Chong-Dong ~ Impulse