JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Seibu

Author Topic: Charmant de Fleurs  (Read 9904 times)

Offline raspberrygashes

• Member+
Charmant de Fleurs
« on: August 29, 2007, 03:55:47 AM »
Pimping Gorgeous Doll is on a temporary hiatus! I've been wanting to write this story for a while, and since I've had squat for inspiration on PGD for God knows how long, I've decided to post this instead. If and when I continue PGD is unknown to even me for now.

Please take note that I'm not even entirely sure if "Charmant de Fleurs" is to correct translation for "Charming Flowers". I don't speak French and used some online translator instead, so if someone does speak French, please correct me!

This is based on the novel, manga, and anime Maria-sama Ga Miteru, just like Yuuyami's "Our Cursed Gift" is based on Fruits Basket. If you haven't watched the anime, then you can on veoh because some episodes are missing on youtube. For now, please enjoy my new story!

Chapter 1, Part 1

The maidens who assemble in the Virgin Mary’s Garden have such angelic smiles that ignorance passes through and goes away. Their pure bodies and minds are wrapped in dark-colored school uniforms with unnoticeable pleats on their skirts, and tidy white sailor collars. Walking slowly is preferred here in Lillian Girls’ School, a garden for maidens.

I’m not nervous, I’m not nervous, I’m not nervous… The dark-brown haired, fair skinned, fifteen-year-old girl mentally repeated, desperately trying not to fiddle with her dark skirt that had unnoticeable pleats on is, as was required in the elite school she attended. However, she was having an extremely hard time with trying to refrain from shifting her eyes in every possible direction and wiping the small trickles of sweat on the side of her face.

“I have an announcement to make.” Another girl in the room, who was only a year above the nervous junior standing beside her, said calmly and clearly in a steady voice, her eyes unwavering as they stared back at the rest of the students in the room. Her own hair was also brown, along with her eyes, but hers was to her shoulders with wide waves while her junior’s hair was closer to black and a bit passed her shoulders and with thinner, more defined waves and bangs off to the right side of her forehead.

“What are you starting,” Yet another girl spoke. However, she was two classes ahead of the nervous freshman, with long, flowing sandy blond strands and light brown eyes accompanied by slightly tanned skin. “Rosa Chinensis en bouton?”

“Introduce yourself.”

“O-Oh!” The freshman stepped forward, nearly stumbling as she bowed low to the nine girls in the room. “I’m first year student, Ishikawa Rika-san! Pleased to meet you!” She bowed yet again, this time, however, she couldn’t stop herself before she stumbled and fell on her hands and knees, her eyes widening in shock while a heavy blush made its way onto her face.

Idiot! Who are you? You’ve never been this nervous before! Not even around your seniors!

Her eyes were still wide when a hand extended to help her back up on her feet, but this time they were wide with curiosity. She reluctantly took it as the other female, who was also two years ahead of her with brown-red hair that was stylishly flipped, charmingly smiled. It was a smile that would make any girls’ heart melt and make any man fear becoming single.

“That’s a promising name.” She said, her voice deeper than any average Japanese woman’s was.

“D-domo arigatou gozaimasu…” Rika murmured bowing her head lightly before stepping back beside the girl she’d walked in with, tightly clasping her hands in front of her.

“So,” The blonde spoke again. “What is she doing here?”

Roses… Rika thought. It’s like I’m in a forest of roses…

“Rosa Chinensis,” A young woman in the same grade as the person she spoke to said, although her hair had tiny waves in it and was light brown, almost sandy blonde. “We should hear what Ayumi has to say first.”

“You're right, Yuko.” The said “Rosa Chinensis” agreed, lightly gesturing with her hand for Ayumi to continue.

Ayumi nodded, gracefully walking in front of Rika, who stared up at her curiously, but her own eyes were calm and collected.

Beautiful, graceful, enchanting roses…

“I’m fulfilling the promise I made with you before.” Ayumi stated, no emotion apparent on the surface of her voice. “I’ve chosen Rika.” She said and put her hand on the younger girls shoulder, and her eyes widened even more.

“You’re serious?” The blonde responded, arms crossed over her chest while a look of suspicion came into her eyes.

“Yes; I am taking Ishikawa Rika as my petite soeur, right here and now.”

But the smell of these roses, I feel like it’s suffocating me!

How did this all start anyway?

…Oh yeah…

It had been that same morning. Like every other student in the all girls’ school, Rika hd stopped in front of the statue of Maria-sama in order to give her morning prayers, bowing and clasping her hands together and then walking away slowly and gracefully. Although she disliked walking in that way, she did so because it was required. She'd rather not get in trouble for something such as walking.

Just as she passed the statue though, she heard a calm voice come from behind her. “Wait a moment.”

Rika turned around, the words practically ripped from her mouth at the sight of one of her seniors, her brown eyes looking through her junior and her brown waves flowing with the wind along with her uniform.

“Hold this,” The girl said, holding out her black school bag that was identical to everyone else’s, and Rika took it without hesitation. She was taken off guard, yes, but she wasn’t one to make a fool out of herself, even in front of those older than her.

“You should tie your bow,” The girl said, straightening the material on Rika’s shoulders gently before taking the bow in her hand and tightening it. “In a proper knot.” She then took the bag and walked away after saying, “Good day.”

“Good day.” Rika said, bowing low as she usually did, but her eyes following her senior as she walked away. “Arigatou gozaimasu.”

The girl did not acknowledge Rika though, and instead walked away almost coldly. Normally, Rika would confront whoever just ignored her like that, her straightforward personality always made sure of it, but because she knew who that person had been, she restrained herself.

“I have something to show you.” One of Rika’s friends, Natsumi, said with a small smile after they were both seated and ready for class while she brought her camera up to her face and took a quick picture, ticking Rika off immediately.

“You know I don’t like pictures being taken of me, Natsumi-san.”

“I know, but I couldn’t resist. Anyway, look.” Natsumi shuffled through her school bag for a moment before pulling out an all ready developed picture and holding in front of Rika so that she could see.

Rika’s eyes curiously looked at it for a moment before widening slightly at seeing that the picture wasn’t only of Rika, but of her senior too.

“When did you get that?” Rika exclaimed, trying to snatch it away but Natsumi only pulled back, a confidant smile on her face.

“You know when.” She said impishly, making Rika narrow her eyes at her. “But you know, before I show any of the photos I take I get permission from the people in them first.”

“You want to show it!?”

“At the photography’s club exhibit at the school festival. I’ve called it “Training”.”

“No!”

“I thought you’d say that.” Natsumi said, resting her fist on her chin before shaking the picture left and right. “But what if I said I’d give it to you afterwards?”

Rika once again opened her mouth to protest, immediately expecting it to be some crazy reasoning coming from Natsumi's mouth, but then she closed it. I guess…that wouldn’t be so bad…

And then, a girl walked passed them, her somewhat chubby face framed by straight hair that was partially pulled back on either side of her head by two clips, with bluntly cut bangs to top it off.

“Did you hear?” Natsumi whispered as the girl sat down.

“That Konno-san became Rosa Gigantea en bouton? She beat out all of the second years.”

“But she wasn’t just asked by Rosa Gigantea, but Rosa Chinensis too!”

Rika’s head snapped toward her. “What?"

“That’s right,” Natsumi said with a smirk. “Your favorite.”

“What are you triyng to say, Natsumi-san?”

“I know that you secretly admire Shibata-sama, Rika.”

“Admire?” Rika snorted lightly. “You know me a little better than that.”

“Oh sure, all of the other first years admire your so-called “strong, independent nature” but I know the real you, Rika.”

“And what’s that?” Rika asked with crossed arms, and a playful smiled crept onto Natsumi’s face while she clasped her hands in front of her, eyes shining and dreamy.

“A feminine, sensitive young woman!”

Rika picked up a book from her desk and lightly hit Natsumi over her head with it, but she only laughed. “Very funny,”

Lillian Girls’ School is famous for its “soeur system”. “Soeur” is French for “sister”. Grande soeurs are big sisters and petite soeurs are little sisters, so the Grande soeurs are expected to guide their petite soeur.

Although the rules here are not particularly strict, school life at Lillian stays peaceful and pure.

“I can’t imagine Rosa Chinensis looking kindly upon your reputation though, you know.”

“What do you mean?” Rika asked, cocking her head slightly to the side.

“She’s known for disliking improper students, which is said to be why she chose Lillian as her high school, not only because she’s a member of the wealthy Shibata family. I’m surprised she actually stopped to help you of all people, considering that she doesn’t normally do that sort of thing.”

“I’m not improper.” Rika said with crossed arms, questionably looking at Natsumi, obviously asking what made her think that.

“OK, so I guess improper isn’t the right word. Uhm…how about prideful? Or…dignified? Strong-willed? Fiery? Fierce-?”

“I get it, Natsumi-san.” Rika grumbled. Yes, the few months she’d been in Lillian she had quickly become the “wild flower” of the school. No, she wasn’t actually rebellious, she didn’t cause trouble or walk around as if she ruled the school, but she wasn’t another of the prim, proper, lady-like girls in the school. She was just as Natsumi described her: strong-willed, independent, and maybe a little fiery.

“Anyway, it looks like your admiration for Rosa Chinensis will get you nowhere at this rate.” Natsumi teased.

“Oh please, as if I seriously admire any of the Roses.”

“Anyway, after classes end today we need to go to the Rose Mansion and get Shibata-sama’s permission to display the picture too.”

“HUH!?”

This is how I imagined Rika: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/Shiner_01/Hello%20Project/Rika%20Ishikawa/?action=view&current=rika97622yg.jpg

And this is how I imagined Ayumi: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/Shiner_01/Hello%20Project/Ayumi%20Shibata/?action=view&current=hellogirls14691rh7.jpg
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:00:28 PM by raspberrygashes »
Look out! Crappy editing and cheap promotion coming through!
Pimping Gorgeous Doll<<<>>>Charmant de Fleurs

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Charmant de Fleurs
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 04:12:18 AM »
Oh wow, I was just HOPING that someone would do Marimite, H!P style. XDDD

Lol, Rika is Yumi, Ayumi is Sachiko, Nacchi is Tsutako, and Konkon is Shimako?! Roffle, are you seriously going to follow the storyline faithfully, or introduce new twists later? XD Since this chapter is an exact replica of sorts of episode 1. XD

And lemme guess, Yossi is Sei? XD I'm not quite certain about the others yet though, can't wait to see who you fit into their roles. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:19:49 AM »
Interesting! I only got to see the first season of Marimite, but it was enjoyable to some extent.

I must admit that I'm impressed by your decision to place Shibata as Sachiko, since she doesn't strike me as the most proper of girls. But, I'm not complaining.

Also, Konno in Shimako's role. Wow! It makes me wonder about her onee-sama, you know. Uhm... Well, I'm actually intrigued by it all.

BTW, charmant de fleurs means person who charms flowers, a man in particular. But "Fleurs Charmantes" means charming flowers.  :)

(I'm not a native French speaker, so maybe a true francophone can tell if I'm wrong or not.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:26:58 AM by Amarghetta »

Offline raspberrygashes

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:44:18 AM »
@Estrea: I'm not sure if I should take your reply as a compliment or not  XD Thanks anyway. And yeah, I'm planning on going through with the storyline, only with a few twists and turns here and there.

@Amarghetta: Thanks! I had a feeling it was wrong  :-\ Oh well, I like "Charmant de Fleurs" more...like, Rika is going in and charming all of them  XD (I'm a dork, I know). Ayumi's character might be a little different than Sachiko's in general, but not too much. As for Rika, I don't think I would call her "strong and independent" in reality, but I like twisting the girls' personalities in fanfics. That's why it's fiction  :P

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 04:53:03 AM »
@Amarghetta: Thanks! I had a feeling it was wrong  :-\ Oh well, I like "Charmant de Fleurs" more...like, Rika is going in and charming all of them  XD

Hahaha, no prob. But, if you want it to be correct, just add an <i>e</i> at the end of charmant, since <i>charmante</i> is the feminine form of the word. ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:53:47 AM by Amarghetta »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 05:16:37 AM »
Please take note that I'm not even entirely sure if "Charmant de Fleurs" is to correct translation for "Charming Flowers". I don't speak French and used some online translator instead, so if someone does speak French, please correct me!
BTW, charmant de fleurs means person who charms flowers, a man in particular. But "Fleurs Charmantes" means charming flowers.  :)

(I'm not a native French speaker, so maybe a true francophone can tell if I'm wrong or not.)
Well done Amarghetta. Pin pon! :thumbsup

But, if you want it to be correct, just add an <i>e</i> at the end of charmant, since <i>charmante</i> is the feminine form of the word. ;)
PIN PON again. :)

Interesting concept. I'm not familiar with the story that it's based off of so it's all going to be pretty new to me (like, who/what exactly are the "Roses" of the school, what standing/position/authority do they have)?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »

Charming Flowers = Charmantes Fleurs

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »
Interesting concept. I'm not familiar with the story that it's based off of so it's all going to be pretty new to me (like, who/what exactly are the "Roses" of the school, what standing/position/authority do they have)?

The "Roses" of the school are sort of the student council. There are 3 Rose Families, the red rose Chinensis, white rose Gigantea, and yellow rose Foetida. Together they form the Yamayurikai (Mountain Lily Council XD) and they are pretty much the student council of the school.

Each Rose family usually has 3 people: the Rose (eg. Rosa Chinensis) which is usually a 3rd year student, the en bouton who is the "petite soeur" or little sister of the Rose and is usually the next in line to be the next Rose after the current one graduates, and the next one is the petite soeur of the en bouton and is usually a 1st year student. 3 rose families times 3 people (usually) in each, so the council is around 9 people (or less, depending on circumstances).

I'll leave the soeur system to be explained in the story. XD -am lazy-

@Estrea: I'm not sure if I should take your reply as a compliment or not  XD Thanks anyway. And yeah, I'm planning on going through with the storyline, only with a few twists and turns here and there.

It's not really a compliment or a criticism, merely observation. I haven't seen enough to criticise or compliment properly yet. XD Should be interesting to see the type of twists you can come up with. ^_^; Especially since I never saw Ayumi as a Sachiko-type person...should be interesting to come up with certain variations of scenes based on those differences...

Keep it up!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 11:03:59 AM »
Marimite?

Woaaaah.. just .. woaooaaaaahahsduisdjdgfk  :O

LOL.. I haven't read it but I will as soon as I post this.

My first thought when I saw the title was "Rika?" XD Because of a cover she sang that was in french or something.. :/

Interesting.. Maria-sama should be happy.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »
Oh yes!!!

I've been wanting to watch a H!P version of this ever since I caught a couple of episodes on cable TV. Did I just say watch? I mean read :P But I wouldn't mind some TV station making a Jdrama out of this. It would have the highest rating of all time (Read: I wished it would)

I still don't know the names of the characters in the anime that well but I think I'll get it as you post new chapters. Yay to writing this by the way, I know it'll be a good read.

Offline raspberrygashes

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 06:29:59 PM »
So it seems that veoh only has ep. 1  :cry: and I can only find the episodes with Spanish (or something) subs on youtube. You can download them at lillicious, though.

Anyway, here's part two!

Chapter 1, Part 2

“Is this really where Shibata-sama is?” Rika said, uncertainty lacing her voice as she stood with Natsumi outside of a house near Lillian Girls’ School. It was a creamy yellow color with chocolate brown trimming the windows that were so clean the sun made them shine almost abnormally.

“This is the house that The Roses always meet at. It isn’t called “The Rose Mansion” for no reason. Of course she would be here.” Natsumi said matter-of-factly.

“Excuse me,” They quickly turned around, both somewhat startled at the sound of a soft, polite voice coming from behind them, and saw a familiar classmate standing with a look of utter calmness over her features. “Can I help you two?”

“Oh, Konno-san!” They both exclaimed in unison.

“If there’s something you two need with The Roses…” The brunette trailed off, silently asking what it could possibly be. After all, average students weren’t even aloud in the Rose Mansion.

“Could we go in with you, Konno-san?” Natsumi asked with a small smile. “Rika and I need to talk with Rosa Chinensis en bouton.”

“They could be busy right now but…well, I suppose if it will only take a moment.”

“Domo!”

Although Rika wasn’t usually someone who would stand back and simply watch a scene unravel, she couldn’t help but trail behind Natsumi upon walking inside of the house. It almost looked like a country house, with its finely carved wood and old-fashioned paintings and pictures. The only thing indicating it wasn’t a normal home was the fact that it lacked any trinkets and personal items, and the cork board that every person saw first when they walked in, which had papers pinned to it, covering all of it.

The Roses; although they’re called that, in all actuality they’re the student council of Lillian Academy. There are three Rose categories: Rosa Chinensis, Rosa Foetida, and Rosa Gigantea. With the soeur system, there is the first Rosa, and then the Rosa en bouton, the original’s petite soeur, and then the Rosa en bouton’s petite soeur.

“This way, please.” Natsumi and Rika followed the Rose up the stairs and down a small hallway, but stopped at the sound of a shouting voice which none of them recognized because of the plain and simple fact that the voice was usually calm and leveled, never shouting in anger.

“This is unreasonable and ridiculous!” The voice shouted.

“I wonder what…” Konno murmured as she began opening the door, but after fully opening it a body stomped through. However, it was the fact that said body collided with Rika’s that made her regret doing so.

Rika toppled over, a body not much heavier than her own lying on her, but she only stayed frozen on the ground, eyes wide at the shock of something so sudden. But soon enough, the body rose, rubbing her head lightly before opening her eyes and looking down at her surprised junior.

“Are you all right?” Rosa Chinensis spoke as calmly as usual as if completely unfazed that she’d just ran into someone and was still lying on top of them.

“Y-yes,” Rika toppled. “I…just…wasn’t expecting…” Her breath caught in her throat when Rosa Chinensis sat up and then pulled Rika to her chest, her eyes closed as she spoke with false kindness drowning her words. Maybe any other person her age would’ve fallen for it, but for Rika it made her mood suddenly drop even more.

“You’re the first year Ishikawa Rika, aren’t you?”

“U-uh…yes…why?” 

“Do you have a Grand Soeur?”

“No…”

“Good.” She stood, bringing Rika with her and grabbing her hand before walking into the room, all but ignoring Konno and Natsumi, much to the latter’s aggravation.

“Please sit.” Ayumi gestured to the seat next to her own, her voice back to its usual state as she sat also while Konno and Natsumi sat next to Rika.

“Here you go.” Rika looked up to see a girl her age with short, bluntly cut, died light brown hair and a bit of her black roots showing, but anyone would look passed that at seeing the girls self-assured smile that reflected in her obsidian eyes. “Would you like cream or sugar in your tea?”

“Oh, no thank you...uh…” Rika replied, silently asking the girls’ name. She thought she’d seen her before but then, she saw a lot of people in the large school.

“Ah, I’m Ichii Sayaka-san, Rosa Foetida en bouton petite soeur.” Sayaka replied with a small bow of her head.

“Hajimemashite, Ichii-san.” Rika said, returning the gesture and gratefully taking the cup of tea from her fellow first year, who sat down next to a girl who was probably a year older than her with a somewhat square-shaped face and flowing dark brown (which seemed to be a rather popular hair color in the school) curls that were nearly black and a bit passed her shoulders, just like Rika’s.

“Uhm, excuse me?” Natsumi finally spoke up, raising her hand a bit as she did.

“Yes?” A girl with red-brown hair and a much more masculine appearance than anyone else in the room responded. “Abe Natsumi-san, right?”

“I’m honored that you know my name, Rosa Gigantea, Yoshizawa Hitomi-sama. But, I don’t understand what’s going on.”

“Everyone knows about you.” Hitomi said with an amused smile. “But you’re right. We haven’t given an explanation, have we?”

Ayumi immediately stood, catching everyone’s attention. “There’s no need to give an explanation.” She said firmly. “I have chosen Ishikawa Rika as my petite soeur. Simple.”

“Huh?” Instantly slipped from Rika’s mouth while she stared up at Ayumi in disbelief with an eyebrow cocked and her mouth slightly open, a look that no other girl in their graceful little school would show.

“Don’t be self-centered, Ayumi.” Rosa Chinesis spoke, her usual smile not once leaving her face. “Obviously, Rika-san hasn’t agreed to this, has she?”

Ayumi sat back down at the look her grand soeur gave her, sparing a glance at Rika and although it was difficult to see, the scorning look she saw there was painfully obvious after a while, catching Rika off guard a bit.

“Don’t you think,” Rosa Chinesis said, entwining her fingers in front of her. “That Rika deserves to know why you want her as her petite soeur first?”

“What are you talking about?” Ayumi spoke, dangerously narrowing her eyes.

“You see, Rika, the play “Cinderella” is going to be performed at the school festival, and Ayumi is to play the female lead Cinderella herself.”

“So what’s the problem?” Rika asked with crossed arms, still having a cocked eyebrow.

“Ayumi had no objections at first but that’s because she thought that the Prince would be played by Rosa Foetida en bouton, Yasuda Kei-san over there.” Rika quickly glanced at the brunette she’d seen Sayaka sit next to, and bowed her head for a moment just as her upperclassman did.

“She didn’t know I was just a stand-in,” Kei said with a small smile. “But you know, the Hanadera Academy is also on the same hill as Lillian.”

“Hanadera?” Rika echoed. “The All-Boys Academy?”

“That’s right.” Rosa Chinensis said. “The president of Hanadera’s student council is going to be playing the prince.”

Ayumi’s eyes narrowed yet again but this time it was nothing in particular as she gazed at the table, her mind obviously on other things than tea cups and plates a she said, “But you decided this when I wasn’t here.”

“It’s your own fault, Ayumi.” Her grand soeur responded. “You always run away when we meet with Hanadera Academy. Can you really not get over your hatred of men even for our short meetings?”

“Wait a minute,” Rika interrupted, letting a little of her feisty side get the better of her. “How does Shibata-sama’s part in the play relate to her choosing me as her petite soeur?”

“The Roses say that if another member of the student council doesn’t have a petite soeur then they have no say in the decisions made.” Rosa Gigantea explained as casually as ever as she leaned near a window with her arms crossed, a nonchalant look in her eyes. “And so Ayumi let her temper get the best of her and she rushed out of the room saying something about going to get a petite soeur at this very moment.” She then smiled impishly and looked at Rika. “And who was she to run into but Ishikawa-san here.”

“Someone doesn’t choose just anyone for a soeur.” Rosa Chinesis interrupted. “You must have a strong bond in order to become a soeur, petite or grand. Instead, Ayumi chose the first first-year that she bumped into…literally.”

“So in other words,” Rika said, practically glaring while her tone was filled with anger. “Rosa Chinensis just wanted to get out of playing Cinderella.” The brunette stood furiously, hands angrily pressed on the table as she glared down at a, for once, surprised Ayumi Shibata. “Listen here, I don’t care if you’re a rose or a queen or what, but I’m not your little toy to use as you please, do you understand?”

She shoved her chair out of the way, stomping toward the exit when she heard a familiar voice come from behind her. “Wait, Rika, what about the picture!?”

Rika turned around again and grabbed the picture that Natsumi had pulled out once again, taking it without thinking and ripping it in half, then throwing it to the ground, making her friend gape at her destroyed piece of work.

“What is that, Abe-san?” Hitomi asked, making her way over to the nearly sobbing freshman as she placed the two pieces of the ripped picture beside each other.

“It’s a picture that I took this morning of Shibata-sama and Rika-san. That’s why we came here, to ask Rosa Chinesis en bouton if we could use it at the school festival.”

Hitomi looked down at it in interest, and soon enough every other rose in the room crowded around Natsumi to look down at it.

“Ayumi,” Rosa Chinesis said after looking at the picture, and focused her attention on her petite soeur. “So then you do know this girl?”

“I…”

Before Ayumi could make anything worse, Natsumi spoke up again. This time, it was as revenge for her now destroyed picture against her friend. “Rika came here looking for Shibata-sama, actually.”

All of the girls stared down at her in disbelief. “…Really?” The all said in unison. Hitomi seemed to be the only one to figure out her plan.

“I have an idea,” The senior said, once again crossing her arms and walking away from the group toward the door. “I’m going to speak to Ishikawa-san for a moment. I’ll be back soon.”

As the red-brunette left, Rosa Chinensis then focused on Natsumi again. “But Rika-san acted as if she’d never even met Ayumi before.”

“Rika’s just a big stuffed bear when it comes down to it.” The freshman responded with a grin as she looked up at the ceiling and thought of her fiery friend. “Shibata-sama, no offense, just really upset her. By now she probably feels like a betrayed lover or something.”

“…”

“…Betrayed lover?”

Rika was still stomping long after she exited the Rose Mansion, her arms childishly crossed while she all but pouted and walked on a path behind the school filled with trees that were shedding there colorful flowers and gingko go nuts crowding the ground. However, Rika took no notice of her own smashing the gingko nuts as she walked along the path.

“Ishikawa-san,” Rika stopped, curiously looking behind her at the sight of Rosa Gigantea.

“Can I help you?” She spoke, relatively calmer than she had just been. After all, Rosa Gigantea had done nothing wrong, had she? No, it was Shibata-sama that had upset her so much.

“You didn’t need to rush out of The Rose Mansion so suddenly.” Her upperclassman said with a smile.

“I had no reason to stay there.” Rika said grumpily, her temper beginning to flare again. “If Shibata-sama was just planning on using me then-”

“I knew it.” Hitomi said confidently.

“What?”

“I could tell right away that you were a fan of Ayumi’s.”

“Don’t you know who I am?” Rika said, looking up at the girl, still unable to calm her temper completely. “The Wild Flower of Lillian,” She said with disgust rolling off her tongue. “Although I despise that title, it is partially true you know. I’m not someone who admires someone than I’m not. I’d much rather stick with being myself, thank you.”

“Then it must have been difficult for you to accept your admiration for Ayumi, isn’t that right? Unless…do you hate Ayumi after seeing her true face? The side that average students such as yourself don’t see?””

“No!” Rika snapped, a look that almost resembled one of panic taking over her features.

“In any case,” Hitomi ignored her. “I have a proposition for you.”

Rika lowered her head a bit, suspicion clouding her dark eyes. “What kind of proposition?”

“A bet.” She said, her once small, confidant smile turning into a mischievous grin. “It’s not fair for The Roses to force Ayumi to be in a play, don’t you agree? You can help give Ayumi a chance to get out of it.”

“…You’ve gotten my attention.” Rika responded hesitantly. She couldn’t deny that her curiosity was piqued now.

“If Ayumi wins, then she doesn’t have to play Cinderella, and this time The Roses will agree too.”

“But what is the bet?”

“Whether or not she can make you, Ishikawa Rika-san, her petite soeur of course.”

Rika opened her mouth a bit out of surprise, and her anger immediately subsided, although she wasn’t entirely sure why.

“Of course getting someone who’s angry at her to accept her rosary will be difficult, so it should be interesting, shouldn’t it? Oh, and I should add that if you do accept, then that will mean you and Ayumi will have a strong bond, won’t it? If you accept Ayumi’s rosary then that will mean you will take her place as Cinderella.”

“What makes you think I would agree to that?” Rika asked, still looking at the red-brunette in disbelief.

“Like I said,” Hitomi spoke as she began to walk away. “I know you still admire Ayumi!”

Rika focused forward again, letting out a small sigh as she let the wind play with her hair and her uniform. She had expected the day to turn out as any other boring day did, but this sudden turn of events had taken a toll on her mind.

“Ishikawa-san,” She abruptly turned around again, but was more surprised when the person was surprisingly close to her. And who should it be than Ayumi Shibata herself, too.

“Remembers this very well, Ishikawa-san.” She said, her dark eyes catching Rika’s own and holding the gaze for longer than Rika would’ve normally liked had she still not been so surprised at the older girls’ sudden presence. “I will become your grand soeur.”

She walked away at that, and Rika practically felt the determination that seemed to emit from her body. “Good day.” She said lastly before disappearing, leaving a rather disgruntled Rika Ishikawa behind.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 11:12:45 PM »
Aha, interesting scene variations. ^_^ Of course, Rika was never meant to be as passive as Yumi was in the anime, so yes. -is pleased-

Interesting character choices you've made. I knew Yossi HAD to be Sei (I mean, seriously, who else, right? XD). To prevent myself from getting confused, I'm going to post a list of who's who. XD

Rosa Chinensis - as yet unnamed
Rosa Chinensis en bouton - Shibata Ayumi
Rosa Gigantea - Yoshizawa Hitomi
Rosa Gigantea en bouton - Konno Asami
Rosa Foetida - Nakazawa Yuko (if I'm not wrong)
Rosa Foetida en bouton - Yasuda Kei
Rosa Foetida en bouton petite soeur - Ichii Sayaka
(others)
Tsutako (otherwise known as camera girl XDD) - Abe Natsumi
Yumi (future Rosa Chinensis en bouton petite soeur) - Ishikawa Rika
Hanadera student council president - still unnamed (but I wonder who, really XD)

Looking forward to all the potential twists and turns as each of the transplanted characters make their different personalities felt in the story. I look forward to seeing the fireworks. XD

I wonder if you're a fan of the Sei/Youko pairing. If you are, who will be Rosa Chinensis here if Yossi is Sei? Miki?

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 11:40:41 PM »
I like the twists you introduced in this update. Yumi would have never reacted that way! It's funny.

You haven't revealed who The Roses are, and all of your choices for the younger ones surprised me, especially Sayaka. (My very first fave H!P girl!) She's Yoshino, right? For some reason, I expected Yossie to be Rei, but you picked Kei instead. Uhm, I should stop trying to guess.

Now, onto the boring aspects...  :roll:

You should add an e at the end of grand in Grand Soeur. Grand is a masculine word, whereas Grande is feminine. I don't want to babble about concordance, grammar and such things here, but I could give you a few pointers on the side if you wish. Just drop a PM, and I'll be glad to help you.  :yep:

Also, I can't tell if there were grammatical mistakes or not, since I wasn't looking for them, but I did detect some misspelled words. So, you should probably ask someone else to proofread for you, just in case.  :)

Rosa Foetida - Nakazawa Yuko (if I'm not wrong)
You're probably right, but I was thinking about Kaori (I suck at guessing!). Unless she's that tall girl, whose name I cannot recall, who was a fan of Yumi.  :lol:

I wonder if you're a fan of the Sei/Youko pairing. If you are, who will be Rosa Chinensis here if Yossi is Sei? Miki?
I was thinking the same thing, but somehow I have a hard time picturing her as a Rose. She's too bitchy to be Youko.  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:43:56 PM by Amarghetta »

Offline raspberrygashes

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 12:26:12 AM »
Your list is completely correct, Estrea (and yes, Yuko is Rosa Foetida). As for the SeixYouko pairing, although I like it in Marimite, there won't be a YossiexRosa Chinensis pairing here, seeing as how I really only like Yossi with Maki, Rika, or Miki, and I all ready have plans for all three of those.

Oh, and I'm going to change Rosa Chinensis's character. I don't like who it is now, and feel like the new person I've chosen is a little better. Everyone will be able to guess who it is when I edit the chapters  XD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 12:27:04 AM »
Ok, just how closely is this fic going to parallel to the anime/manga/whatever? Is this going to be an original work, or something that copies most of it's elements from someone else's work?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
You're probably right, but I was thinking about Kaori (I suck at guessing!). Unless she's that tall girl, whose name I cannot recall, who was a fan of Yumi.  :lol:

I think you were looking for Kanako (tall girl who is Yumi's stalker fan XDD). -imagines Kaori as an obsessed fan- Hmm. XD

I was thinking the same thing, but somehow I have a hard time picturing her as a Rose. She's too bitchy to be Youko.  :lol:

Yeah Miki doesn't have the right personality to be Youko. Youko needs to be devious and manipulative and always in charge, among other things. Going by that criteria...hmm. XD

Oh interesting sidenote I noticed. 2 of the 3 Roses named so far have been leaders of Momusu. Going by THAT logic, doesn't that automatically make Kaori Rosa Chinensis? (since Mari and Miki didn't really get out of being leader the normal way...>_>) Unless you stick Aichan there, but I seriously can't see her doing that! XDDD

Your list is completely correct, Estrea (and yes, Yuko is Rosa Foetida). As for the SeixYouko pairing, although I like it in Marimite, there won't be a YossiexRosa Chinensis pairing here, seeing as how I really only like Yossi with Maki, Rika, or Miki, and I all ready have plans for all three of those.

Woot, go me. XD Aha, got that. What about the Shiori situation? Because I honestly CANNOT see either Miki or Maki in that role...unless you modify the scenario a little to make one of them fit in.

Random speculation time! I am totally willing to bet that Kanina Shizuka will be played by Miki here. I might be wrong, but eh, what the hell. XD On my totally nonsensical logic, that sticks Maki into Shiori's role. Hoho. XD Kay enough random speculation for now.

Hope you can put an original twist to the anime/manga storyline. Don't want it to be too predictable for those who have watched the series after all. ;)

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline raspberrygashes

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 02:58:28 AM »
Woo! It's been so long since I've been on JPH!P. Really, where's my H!P fandom? Well, I'm back now, and with a second chapter. My inspiration went down for a while, but its back now [like with most things I do].

Note: I've once again changed my mind on replacing Rosa Chinensis, and decided to keep it with who I had originally. It's a little strange since I don't think she's in many, or any, fanfics [at least on JPH!P], but I don't care that much. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter 2, Part 1

Rika sighed as she took her usual route to school. Her eyes turned toward the sky while a few certain words said to her the previous day ran through her head.

"Remember this very well, Ishikawa-san," Ayumi Shibata, otherwise known as Rosa Chinensis en Bouton, had told her. "I will become your Grand Soeur."

Rika pouted childishly, showing a side of her that she rarely let out. "Who does she think she is?" She muttered to herself, and then continued in an unusually high-pitched, mocking voice. "Remember this, she says. I'll become your Grand Soeur, she says." At that, the brunette stuck her tongue out in frustration, although at nothing in particular. "What a load of crap..."

She walked passed the statue of Maria-sama, ignoring her morning prayers much to the surprise of the other first years. Well at least some were surprised, others almost looked disgusted. Rika paid no mind to that and only closed her eyes and kept walking, eventually hearing from beside her "Good day."

"Yeah, yeah. Good day, good day." She said in response. Normally even she wouldn't have been so rude, but the words that kept racing through her mind were definitely rubbing her the wrong way. Maybe she would've acted differently if she had taken notice of who was actually standing beside her, and when she didn't feel the presence leave, she opened her eyes once more and nearly jumped at the sight of a familiar blonde. "Rosa Chinensis!"

"Please, please. Call me Hitomi."

"Isn't that a little inappropriate?"

Hitomi smiled in amusement. "From what I hear, the Wild Flower of Lillian doesn't care about what's appropriate. But I suppose with you recently meeting two Hitomi's, Saito-san would be less confusing, don't you agree?"

"OK..." She responded somewhat quietly. "Saito-san..."

"That's better." She said and began walking forward. "Now why don't you walk with me?"

The brunette followed, albeit reluctantly, while her grip on her bag tightened. How she managed to suddenly become so nervous in front of the Roses of all people was beyond her. But her mind was soon taken off that when Hitomi began speaking again.

"I heard about your bet with Rosa Gigantea. Actually, we all did. But putting that aside, you know just about everyone has heard that you turned down my petite soeur's rosary?"

"Yes, well, gossip does spread quickly, even in Lillian."

"Very true," Hitomi agreed with a smile.

"...Saito-san?"

"Yes?"

"Yesterday you said that Shibata-sama hates men."

"Oh," The blonde said as if she'd all ready forgotten. "I suppose you'd like to know why. Well...it's complicated. Perhaps if I weren't so close with Ayumi then I would tell you, but I have much more respect for her than that."

"So you're saying I should wait?"

"You should ask her when you become her petite soeur." Rosa Chinensis said with an overly-sweet smile that obviously said she was holding back her playfulness. "Good day."

While she walked away Rika all but yelled after her, "If that ever happens!"

Rika crossed her arms while she continued her trek to her classroom. She couldn't help but notice that all throughout the day everyone in her class was whispering and staring, aggravating her to no end. At lunch, just when she was about to blow, she heard, "Ishikawa-san."

The brunette turned to see the familiar face of Sayaka Ichii. "Rosa Foetida en Bouton Petite Soeur,"

"It would be wise for you to leave your classroom during lunch." The short-haired girl said with a rather serious look. "Come with me behind the school and you won't be bombarded with questions by other students."

"Uh...OK..." The first year said a bit reluctantly before following the other brunette to exactly where she said, behind the school. "Do you eat here every day?"

"Actually, this is where Asami-san usually eats. Or at least during spring and autumn."

"Asami-san...you mean Rosa Gigantea en Bouton?"

"Yes, I believe she's in your class."

"Yeah, but isn't she a little...incompatible for Yoshizawa Hitomi-sama?"

"You're more formal than I first thought." Sayaka replied. "I suppose they're a little incompatible, but then again they understand each other very well."

"Now you're just confusing me. How can two people who are incompatible understand each other?"

"Think of it this way: you're friend Natsumi is rather eccentric, isn't she?"

"Tell me about it. If she's not taking pictures, she's stalking someone to get that picture, and if she's not stalking someone then she's hanging out with those weird people from the newspaper club."

"Despite that, you understand her well, don't you?"

Rika looked up at the sky thoughtfully. "Hm...I suppose so. Still, though, I sometimes wonder how I tolerate her."

Sayaka smiled. "You are an interesting person, Ishikawa-san. The way you stand out here is almost a relief. I'm glad to have met you."

"The feeling is mutual." Rika responded before she all but stuffed her face with her lunch. After school, and after she'd tolerated everyone's staring and whispering, Rika somehow managed to sneak away from her cleaning duties.

Normally I wouldn't do this sort of thing, She thought while she slipped into a random room. I think I should clean the room I use during the day, but I can't stand all the questions anymore.

Upon noticing that she was in a piano room, she sat on the bench in front of the instrument. She brought her hand up to one of the keys and pressed down on it, hearing a sharp sound throughout the room afterwards.

Maybe I should've taken up my mom's offer to learn when I was five. But still, this does remind me of when I first saw Shibata-sama, because she'd been playing the piano at the entrance ceremony for first-years. I'd practically gaped at her like some love-struck middle schooler.

She sighed, closed her eyes, and retracted her hand. "How stupid..."

She didn't even realize the other female form come up behind her and rest her hand on the piano, only playing a few notes before saying, "You think the piano is stupid?"

Rika eye's snapped open and she looked at the side to see the very girl she'd just been thinking about standing and looking at her with an almost gentle gaze. Almost.

"N-no! I just...was thinking..." When Ayumi sent her a questioning look, she finished with, "Never mind. Forget it."

The words that escaped the second-year's mouth after that took Rika completely off guard. "I should apologize for yesterday."

"Hm?" The brunette mumbled in disbelief in surprise.

"Normally I don't act that foolishly when I'm upset. And for taking it out on you, I'm sorry."

"I didn't think the great Rosa Chinensis en Bouton apologized?"

"Where on earth did you hear that?"

"Oh, nowhere." Rika responded while innocently looking to the side.

"Anyway, we're going to be late if we don't go now."

Rika cocked an eyebrow, but nonetheless followed her object of admiration out the door of the piano room. "Go where?"

"From now on you'll be attending the Cinderella rehearsals, since you'll become my petite soeur soon. And I'm sure you remember the bet Hitomi set up with you."

Now, Rika's eyebrow twitched and she remembered just how cocky Ayumi seemed to be. It completely clashes with her usual graceful side.

"You're awfully confidant."

"Even if I was a self-conscious, anxiety-filled, nervous wreck of a person I could win you over as my petite soeur."

"And what makes you so sure?" Rika growled.

"Oh, nothing." Her senior mocked her, causing Rika's temper to flare even more. She really had to get this anger problem of hers under control. "Here we are..."

Rika stood behind Ayumi now, peeking out from behind her as she opened the door to the auditorium.

To be continued...

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 04:35:04 AM »
Omigosh~! I can't believe i didn't see this before! I've always wanted to see a fic of H!P being crossed with Marimite! I'm surprised that you made Rika play Yumi's character and Yossie play Rosa Gigantea's character. I would've thought that somehow Rika and Yossie would be paired up together like how Yumi and Sachiko were. I like how your story is going though. Hope you inspired more! I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread because you made me a big fan.  :luvluv1: I'll support your fic all the way~!

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Seibu