JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jewelry - Look At Me

Author Topic: [CHI] Bruce Lee  (Read 101815 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Bruce Lee
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 06:35:35 AM »
From "Bruce Lee: Fighting Words":

Damn! Bruce + Shaw Bros would have been epic! :shocked:

Fist of Fury stills:

Nora <3

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
^ Totally wanted to Fap to nora. esp. in Return of the Dragon, after Bruce got an eyeful of italian tits.  :lol:

I heard about that Shaw Bros collabo - but never knew it was a period piece. I think there's photos of him wearing period piece costumes - you know that one where his hair is all oiled up n shit.

Man....i better be not holding off on the Bruce Lee Blu Rays. i just got these old VCDs but they seem to be his original Canto dubs. With like cut scenes intact.

I copped 1 episode of that Mainland TV series and it's...............WACK!! Bad acting, ugly actors.

The Legend of Bruce Lee 2008-MKV-Episode 1
http://www.twitter.com/?d=4X43DQ50

DOWNLOAD TORRENT
http://www.mybtfile.com/torrent/61575592/

:sweatdrop:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
Bruce Lee store in Kobe:

Man, I didn't even buy anything :doh:

I heard about that Shaw Bros collabo - but never knew it was a period piece. I think there's photos of him wearing period piece costumes - you know that one where his hair is all oiled up n shit.
I saw those pix ages ago but I can't find 'em anymore :banghead:

I copped 1 episode of that Mainland TV series and it's...............WACK!! Bad acting, ugly actors.
Props! Shit, I kinda hope they don't sub that series so I don't have to watch it XD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:30:23 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »

FUCK!  :doh: I woulda got the Wig and costume :P

That statue is even better than the shit they have in HK.

And werd. I should have those pix. I gotta dig up my backups.

Check this out! Lost Pilot to The Green Hornet!  :pimp:

DOWNLOAD
http://www.twitter.com/?d=IDENKOI5

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »
Some dope Bruce Lee stills I saved. Great quality considering they so rare:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »
We missed this, next weekend possibly. Bruce Lee July 20th Death Memorial Special on TCS. Got caught up. July really isn't our month, but we hang on strong, and remember our heroes: Jabronisaur, marimari, and Bruce Lee:

李小龍
27 November 1940 – 20 July 1973

Thanks oTTo_Watson @ SuperiorPics for these uppage. Awesome rare HQ pix.

We seriously need to plan a :hipheart: World Tour to Hong Kong and trace his roots.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 03:47:45 AM »
It's been 36 years now since his death, but you know that if he were still with us he'd STILL be able to kick the collective asses of at least two-thirds of the current crop of "martial arts" stars. :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »
Bruce Lee museum, biopic unveiled

J.A. Media plans trilogy on kung fu master's life

HONG KONG -- A three-part biopic about martial arts king Bruce Lee is being made in cooperation with the family of Hong Kong's most famous native son, who died 36 years ago this week. The family is working with China's J.A. Media on "Bruce Lee," which will start shooting in October with Tony Leung Ka-fai as Lee's father. Additional cast and helmer have not yet been set. However, filmmaker Zhang Yimou has said many times that he is keen to shoot a film of Lee's life.

The three-parter will be produced by Li Chen and executive produced by multihyphenate Manfred Wong. Initial investment in the first movie will be 50 million yuan ($7.3 million) and it is scheduled for release on Nov. 27, 2010, the 70th anniversary of Lee's birth. Lee's brother, Robert, and sister, Phoebe, appeared at a press confab with J.A. Media for the project in Beijing on Monday. Robert Lee said he wanted to give an authoritative account of his brother's life. "We've read many books and seen many movies about Bruce Lee, but there are many inaccuracies in them," he said.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006271.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
Siblings give blessing to Bruce Lee trilogy

A new, historically accurate attempt at filming the life of Bruce Lee is underway with the full support of the late martial arts superstar's older sister, Phoebe Lee, and younger brother, Robert Lee. The announcement was made with J.A. Media and Lee's siblings at a signing ceremony in Beijing on Monday, exactly 32 years after the death of Lee.

BRUCE LEE, a US$7.3 million production that will be the first entry in a planned trilogy, is set to begin production in October. Producer Manfred Wong said it will cover Lee's teenage years and focus more on his personality. "There will be kung fu…but more importantly, we want to portray the real Bruce Lee. What is the real Bruce Lee like? He was very humorous. He was very obedient to his parents. He was very kind to his family," said Wong.

Robert Lee stated that while he had read many books and watched many movies about Bruce Lee they had many inaccuracies. Phoebe Lee added, "I'm more than 70 years old. I'm old. I want to do something for my younger brother – to promote Bruce Lee's life story." No announcement has been made on who will portray Lee but Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Ka-fai has been selected to play his father. Likewise, no director has been named but Variety reports that Zhang Yimou has repeatedly expressed interest in helming a film about Lee's life. BRUCE LEE is scheduled for release on Nov. 27, 2010 which will be the 70th anniversary of Lee's birth.

Bruce Lee mania is on the rise again. Most recently, The History Channel aired the documentary HOW BRUCE LEE CHANGED THE WORLD. Chinese state broadcaster CCTV recently aired THE LEGEND OF BRUCE LEE, a 50-part prime-time TV drama starring Danny Chan (KUNG FU HUSTLE) as Lee. A young Bruce Lee will be appearing in IP MAN 2, the sequel to director Wilson Yip's biopic of Lee's Wing Chun instructor with Donnie Yen in the lead. Yen is also planning to portray Chen Zhen for a second time. The character was the semi-fictional student of Huo Yuanjia and was originally played by Bruce Lee in FIST OF FURY and again by Jet Li in FIST OF LEGEND. Another character first portrayed by Lee may be heading to theaters in the U.S. as comic actor Seth Rogen gears up to star in THE GREEN HORNET with a still unknown actor portraying Kato, the role Bruce Lee became famous in.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/siblings-give-blessing-to-bruce-lee-trilogy-9248

I'm excited about the trilogy but shit, I seriously can't see anybody playing Bruce. NOBODY can emulate Bruce's swagger :theking

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »
Official Bruce Lee website arrives

For as long as I have been on the internet, I have wondered why no one ever did anything with the domain "brucelee.com." Infrequent visits over the years were met with a single page, either promising future content or displaying ads. Apparently, a cyber squatter purchased rights to the domain years ago and simply sat on it. Times have changed. Bruce Lee Enterprises, the company which manages the Bruce Lee brand name finally acquired the domain and just unveiled the Official Website of Bruce Lee.

The Flash-intensive site is a multimedia experience containing music, video clips, and images of Bruce Lee. There is also a biography of Bruce Lee, a blog with an introductory message from Lee's daughter Shannon and a small store to purchase Bruce Lee-related merchandise.

This is the latest venture for Shannon Lee after executive producing the documentary HOW BRUCE LEE CHANGED THE WORLD through her production company Leeway Media. The documentary premiered on The History Channel and was recently released on DVD. Clips can also be found on the new Bruce Lee site.

Shannon writes that she intends to use the blog as a way to keep fans up to date on happenings related to the world of Bruce Lee. On her video blog, also available on the site, Shannon states that the site will be constantly evolving with new content and merchandise continuously being added.

Content is on the slim side at the moment but the project looks promising, certainly better than what that cyber squatter had for a waste of good space. All that seems to be missing structurally is some sort of a community portal for fans to congregate. However, they seem to be relying on Facebook, Myspace and Twitter for that as they have channels set up in each social network site.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/official-bruce-lee-website-arrives-9274

http://www.brucelee.com/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
Bruce Lee – Gone but Never Forgotten

Despite the countless number of people around the world that idolize Bruce Lee, it goes without saying that his biggest fan is still his daughter, Shannon. You can hear it in her voice the second she begins talking about the legendary martial artist and film star. “Somebody said to me one time, ‘what’s it like being Bruce Lee’s daughter; is that just so crazy?’” she recalls. “And I said, it’s amazing, and it’s my life. It’s always been my life and it’s me.”

As CEO of Bruce Lee Enterprises, Shannon Lee has also been tasked with protecting the legacy of her father, who passed away 36 years ago today (July 20). His death at the age of 32 was undoubtedly tragic, but to see the influence he had in such a brief time is nothing short of amazing. It’s something Shannon wants to get across through the re-launch of the Brucelee.com and Bruceleefoundation.org websites, which go live this Thursday, July 23rd.

The Brucelee.com website will be a one-stop destination for all fans of ‘The Dragon,’ featuring a full biography, a timeline, FAQs, a video player containing classic video clips as well as a behind the scenes look at Bruce Lee Enterprises, photo galleries, wallpaper, an online store and a Shannon Lee blog. Meanwhile, the Bruceleefoundation.org site will focus on the extensive charity work done by the foundation. It’s all part of Shannon Lee’s mission to reintroduce the world to her father and his work, with one of the first steps being the recent History Channel documentary ‘How Bruce Lee Changed The World.’

“I was thrilled with the documentary because it had one of the messages that I really wanted to get out there, which is that one of the reasons why I think he’s still so prevalent is because he has influenced popular culture in so many different ways and I wanted people to understand what that influence has been in so many different genres and areas,” she said. “I was really grateful to get that message out.” Of course, when it comes to Bruce Lee and his influence, you’re preaching to the choir if you ask most people, including welterweight rising star Ben Saunders, who studies Lee’s Jeet Kune Do concepts.

“He’s one of the greatest martial artists of all-time,” said Saunders. “His influence to me definitely went beyond the films. He just has a presence about him and he influenced so many aspects of everyday life. It’s not just the martial artists. Everyone in the film industry sees him for what he accomplished there, and on top of that he was a philosopher and a martial artist. Most of the people that don’t know anything about martial arts can see from his films that he just had a presence and charisma that connected with the audience. But to also have serious martial artists hold him in high regard shows that he’s the real deal.”

A true renaissance man, Lee may have reached a mainstream fanbase due to his films and iconic presence, but he also made his mark as a trailblazer for Asian actors and directors, as well as a philosopher and a martial artist. And as Shannon Lee points out, the first impression of her father is what usually captivates people, but if you look deeper, you’ll find an extremely complex man.

“I think the thing that always grabs people initially is the visual image of him,” she said. “You see the movies, you see some clips, you see pictures, and he’s just amazing – the way he moves, his physicality, his body, everything. But he also did so much in such a short amount of time and he broke down so many barriers. He’s credited with essentially introducing martial arts action movies to the western world, (UFC President) Dana (White) considers him the father of mixed martial arts, and he was the first one to break out of the mold and to get Asians and Asian culture to be prevalent on screen and in general.”

Saunders certainly agrees with White’s assertion that Lee was the ‘Father of Mixed Martial Arts’, saying that Lee’s influence has been felt by all fighters in the game today. “I’d say that anybody who’s a mixed martial artist, whether they got their influence directly from him or not, I think he’s the number one influence in North America of mixed martial artists,” he said. “Any mixed martial artist that’s going to evolve, especially in this day and age, you have to have the philosophy to be open minded and try everything out. Some people practice it more than others, but at some point there has to be some open-mindedness.”

“There are people who say ‘he’s influenced me so much in my fighting and my training,’ and there are also people who just acknowledge his contribution,” adds Shannon Lee. “Whether they’re directly influenced on a daily level by his legacy, his philosophies, or his martial arts, they still understand his contribution. There’s an appreciation for the level of skill that he had and the level of training and commitment he had.” From fighters to fans to everyone in between, there is no doubting the impact Bruce Lee has had on the world. And thanks to Shannon Lee, a new generation will continue to learn more about the man she calls ‘Dad’.

“Let’s face it, he was cool,” she smiles. “He had style, he would talk really cool, and he was this quintessential 70’s guy. But if you want to go a little deeper, you see the philosophies he had, all the amazing things he said, and there are so many layers to him. He was so far ahead of his time, so you can look at him with today’s eyes and he’s still relevant.”
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=21277

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »
* daigong in before the quintuple post

Awesome. I love how Shannon is taking over. I remember when BruceLee.com was the shittiest piece of shit site there was. An insult to the great LEGEND DRAGON. :hipheart: more or less follow his philosophies. Really dope he's being shown to a new generation of fans. CAPITALIZE!! Like in that scene with Nora in "Way of the Dragon" she shows him the old architecture of Rome and Bruce Lee is like "The Fuck?! Whatta waste of space. In Hong Kong we'd build skyscrapers and collect the rent!"

Peep these figures. http://www.enterbay.com/web/list.php?id=67

Limited edition. Insane. Makers of the Nokia Game of Death doll too

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 08:31:56 AM »

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 05:28:12 AM »
Bruce Lee was the MAN! Loved his movies and I've read his books - his philosophy spoke to me. I adopted it as my own. The man was a legend through and through. Inspired me to take up martial arts and sparked an interest in philosophy.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 03:01:19 AM »
I finally got around to watching the History Channel special on Bruce. Damn, even bodybuilders look up to him. Dopeness
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »
Bruce Lee is such an epic icon that Japanese people love him even after he beat the shit outta them :bow:

Nakagawa Shoko_ 中川 翔子 _ Bruce Lee

AKB48 goes Bruce Lee:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »
Any fan of Bruce Lee, I'm a fan of!! BUT SHIT SHOKOTAN is like no other 8D