JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Saa Ikou

Author Topic: The Fanfic Rant Hole  (Read 51791 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: The Fanfic Rant Hole
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »
Probably a semi-wrong thread to post in, but it's still writing related, so into the rant hole it comes!

The common logic out there is that we are influenced by what we read. Hell, what we write tend to be heavily influenced by what we're into, or what we're feeling, at any point in time. But I have this really weird situation going on within myself. It's like this really weird dynamic going on within my psyche and what actually manifests in my writing.

The short version: I'm actually feeling self destructive and nihilistic to the core, but look at what I'm updating. MSF. The story on crack. And I'm not angsting it up like Nanchatte Renai. I mean, what the hell? How does that even work? And I still am fully committed to giving it the happy (if crazy) ending it deserves. Despite all the pent up negativity caged inside, I wake up every day smiling and laughing and fully determined to be as crazy as possible. Because I might be insane. Yes. That might be it.

But I have no words for the cognitive dissonance this is causing me. I feel somewhat unhinged by the extremes in emotion that are coexisting simultaneously within my mind. Together. At the same time. What the hell. I don't give a shit about anything or anyone, but damn if I let myself be emo. Lmao. I must laugh, I will laugh. That's it, Essy is officially mad. :lol:

I'm finding all of this hysterically funny, and I'm not even sure why. I don't want to hurt myself with a story like NR again. That was BAD on an epic scale. I cut myself so deeply with the original events that it took me TWO FUCKING YEARS to recover enough to give it the happy ending I wanted when I first started out. Yeah, didn't you know NR was meant to have a happy ending? Until I went batshit insane and fucked everything up. Lmfao. This is nuts.

On a slightly unrelated side note, I've been reading a dark Russian fantasy series. The Watch trilogy, starting with Night Watch. The movie is hilarious, the book considerably less so. But the book appeals to my senses a great deal more. Anyone who wants to see a Utilitarian morality playing out like it's supposed to should go read this book. Immediately.

The Light must deceive with beautiful lies, while all the Dark has to do is lay out the harsh truth. I cannot sufficiently express how much I love this line. And it can be taken out of context so beautifully! It cannot be appreciated until you read it.

And I conclude with this:

I believe. I stand tall and embrace the Dark, but I believe. I acknowledge that humans are capable of great evil, but I believe. There is no good nor sense nor reason to this chaotic world, but I believe. There is no purpose or meaning to life, but still I believe. I will not sacrifice myself, nor will I subordinate myself, and yet I believe. I want my freedom, and I give you yours. I believe that you will live as you will. I do not think you will let me live as I am, but still I believe. If that makes me a fool, then so be it. Because to believe is to live. Be, and live.

That is all.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2012, 04:27:37 AM »
I will rant… rant because it’s the only way… I’ll be honest and say that I’ve been trying to word out the reason for this rant for about an hour and the words are gone from my mind. What I write lacks life…period. It lacks a reason for being written and most of all it’s a ghostly manifestation of the soulless being which thinks of said things to write. It’s lacking…lacking more than actually showing and that ephemeral ray of inspiration that tries to liven up my writing is just that: ephemeral… if not: non-existent.

This marks the realization point; the point that proves: that all the unfinished works that have made up most of my life are certainly that: unfinished.

A plethora of unfinished work that has been gathering along the years waiting for the right time to come crashing down and destroy everything that lies below. But strangely I feel ready… ready to witness said destruction that is sure to come since by now; fear has left alongside hope and I’m left here once again to witness everything that surrounds me. Studying and observing, yet never once creating. That is the fate the universe has bestowed me; the fate of the historian who beholds history in the making yet rarely creates a history of their own. But these rare times when I can create: I will because history has never given up.

But for now, I will rant. Rant because to be heard is the double edged knife that we witnesses must carry every day. Rant because there is no because. And there is no because since because is always unfinished: a question never answered as a result of never being asked and never being asked as a result of thoughts that were created yet never developed. 300

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2012, 04:45:48 AM »
Reply will be short since I'm on my phone and on a vacation.

It will get better. There were times in my life where there was no discernable future, no purpose, no meaning in the things I was doing or the life I was leading. It's part of why I write, or suddenly stop writing at times. Why do I write? Because there is something to be said. I guess you understand that well enough. It is enough to know that despite your status as Watcher you continue to have some small faith. You will not be beaten. And I am the same, standing in my small corner of the world.

Just remember, amidst all the pain and despair and suffering released by Pandora's box, the last small voice at the bottom was Hope. :) ganbare! There is always a tomorrow, and as we still must live as we are until the day we die. So never give up! We're all in this together. :)

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2012, 07:48:23 AM »
I just thought I would get something off my chest.  (Remember, it's just my opinion.)

I don't approve of the way that h!p fanfiction writers abuse the word "Canon".

Canon does not mean "I found a clip online of member A and member B exchanging glances so AB is Canon."

Canon does not mean "Member A provided some provocative fan service in a concert with member B so AB is Canon."

Canon does not mean "Member A talks about member B all the time in her blog so AB is Canon."

Canon is when member A and member B appear together on the cover of some lesbian magazine, or if H!P announces that member A and member B are in a relationship (don't hold your breath).

Canon (which does not even have to be truthful) is something that is verified by official sources.  For example, if you went to a h!p representative and asked them "Were Iida Karoi and Abe Natsumi once roommates?" the representative would be happy to tell you that they were, when they first moved to Tokyo.

On the other hand, some magazine like Friday is NOT an official source so just because something is in Friday doesn't make it Canon.

I wish that people would use "better" terminology.  For example, maybe "well documented" for pairings that people feel there is a lot of "evidence" for, "thinly documented" for pairings that there doesn't seem to be much "evidence" for, and "crack" for parings that people feel there is a lot of evidence to the contrary, or pairings that people feel have no evidence at all supporting it.

There could also be an alternate term for a pairing describing it's popularity, such as "popular, not followed, and unpopular".

For example: "On a particular website, the pairing GakiKame was unpopular even though it is well documented because it clashed with another well documented pairing (TakaGaki) that was popular."

Now, again, this is just my opinion.  On the other hand, if people have better terms to use I would be happy to hear them.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
Lol I understand your frustration. The only time anything can be legitimately claimed as canon is in drama or anything that isn't real life. Real people fiction (or RPF) treads a murky line in that we are dealing with real people here so unless they come out and tell us they are dating so and so, nothing is for real. Part of why I prefer to write them into crazy AUs so they're basically acting in an idol drama, just on paper. (for real world counterpart to this line of thinking, please see Suugaku Joshi Gakuen: that is basically H!P making it's own fanfic, because there sure as hell isn't much acting going on, they are all themselves! :lol: )

The usage of terms like canon is probably out of habit , and out of convenience. It might not be contextually appropriate, but as long as the fandom knows that it means "well documented", that's alright. Unfortunately you are right, the fandom doesn't really do that. I'm never quite so carried away to believe that my idols are all gay and secretly dating each other, even though it does make for a nice fantasy. Plus, it's fun to make shit up and just explore possibilities. That's what stories are for, to me anyway.

But you're right, we can do better haha. I'm too starved to think of better terminology right now so I'll get back to ya on that!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
^^I had suspected you had a problem with the term XD

Until other words come into popular use, I will continue to abuse the word canon. Apologies. :kneelbow:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
*scratches head* well, good point. But I think the misuse of 'canon' is just something we'll have to live with. Anyhow, the very word 'canon' out of the context of the internet does not even mean 'IRL accurate as documented by official sources'. 'Canon' is internet culture- which means we are all bound to abuse it all the time.

If it bugs you that much, think of it as a racial epithet or the word 'alot' and the charming mixup of they're/their and you're/your. Also, long run-on sentences. And Twilight.

But I digress. Facts are very important to me when writing- whether I choose to bend it or not is my prerogative, but before I bend it, I must know what the real story is.

Shipping information is not important- because this is where we ALL bend the facts in our fandom. So i use 'canon' often, like rndy. But mostly to make an exaggerated point, especially in threads belonging to people I'm comfortable with enough troll. Maybe I'd say "JunRei is practically CANON!" or "and so I declare it canon" for dramatic effect.

Would you rather me go "haha theyre fucking" or "lol eyesex" every time I want to talk about a ship as I am wont to do on tumblr with most irritating frequency? Ha- i'd do that in our shipping threads if I didn't think I'd get banned. (Maybe I should go troll other stickier forums.)

Anyhow...

Here: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Made-Up-Word

I vote for the terms to be based on genre: "crck pairing", "flff pairing", "srs pairing", "emofg pairing", etc. as a way to describe ships. Who's with me?

For example: "On a particular website, the pairing GakiKame was unpopular even though it is well documented because it clashed with another well documented pairing (TakaGaki) that was popular."

For example:-
"In a particular fandom, the as-yet-popular crck pairing GakiShige was created out of the need to sink popular ships."
or
"Essy created an interdimensional bar in her efforts to perpetuate the wildly popular emofg pairing of NR!ReinAi in other people's fanfics."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:56:02 PM by gracula »

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »
I vote for the terms to be based on genre: "crck pairing", "flff pairing", "srs pairing", "emofg pairing", etc. as a way to describe ships. Who's with me?

For example:-
"In a particular fandom, the as-yet-popular crck pairing GakiShige was created out of the need to sink popular ships."
or
"Essy created an interdimensional bar in her efforts to perpetuate the wildly popular emofg pairing of NR!ReinAi in other people's fanfics."

Maybe "emerging" could be used for "as-yet-popular"? (tee hee hee)

But, I like it.  Three ways to describe a pairing is better than two.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 06:26:13 AM »
I discovered a fragment of a rant I wrote in my notebook sometime ago. It really resonated so I'm posting it here!

==========

Write something of value. Even if you bear no faith in all things, write, so others may see. Write, if you may not speak. Write, because there is no other value, no other worth, in your meaningless and ephemeral existence.

Write to capture reality. Write to give form to the formless thoughts in your mind. We are greater than the sum of our parts.

Thoughts flow into words that demonstrate intent, intent precipitates action, or it does not. Both culminate into effect. And so the cycle continues. A chain of cause and effect. Does the act influence intent, or does the intent precipitate the act? Double feedback. There is no self contained experiment, for so long as there is intent, there is will, then there is self. Even through inaction events continue. We are all players on this great stage.

Write something that matters to you. You see distraction to avoid thought, but writing is no distraction. It forces you to sharpen your inner world into focus. When you are writing, everything is clear. Painfully so. Even then you seek escape. You dream up worlds apart to live out your hopes and dreams. Even your worst nightmares. Even now you continue speaking to yourself, obfuscating reality in a tangle of logic and theory. You escape thought with thought. You defeat introspection by losing yourself in the minutiae. You are not smart, merely brutally honest and self defeated. Not defeatist, but defeated, by consigning yourself to a null value, and everything hence comes out stillborn. Even your despair is hollow, your joys and triumphs empty. You burn out all too quickly without substance. You are no longer staring into the void, for you have become it.

=============

My rants are so cheery, don't you think? XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2012, 03:59:23 AM »
That moment when a burden is put down, metaphorically speaking, in writing.

Writing is cathartic for me. I expel my fears and hopes, half formed dreams and thoughts. That they entertain other people is a pleasant side effect. A bonus. I write primarily for myself, not for others, and if that makes me selfish and whimsical, so be it.

Letting go is a relief, especially when it's symbolically set down in writing. Skimming across the surface of life, describing the depths I glimpse, the expanse of skies ahead, but never lived. It's an easy way to live. I can be happy like this, somehow.

私、幸せだよ。だってあなたに出会ったんだなもの!ずっと生きて、私のこと覚えててね。

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:48 PM »
Ever felt like it would actually hurt, physically, to write something?

I sometimes find myself a poor writer because of that. I need to be able to write anything in order to show that I can be professional about my writing. Unfortunately, there are some things I find so difficult to write that I would sooner smash my head into the nearest wall than write it.

The worst thing? It's not even a bad thing. It's a completely happy and fluffy topic and it hurts me to write it because I had something like that and lost it. Lmao. I can't bear to write best friends-turned-lovers pairings because I'm too bitter to do so. So sorry, TakaGaki and RihoKanon are out of the picture for me. Actually, TakaGaki isn't too bad, I can actually write them because, well, they work and I don't see them as the typical best friend type pairing, even if they give off similar vibes. I simply cannot write SayaSuzu (or RihoKanon) though, because it cuts too close to the bone and I have an automatic gag reflex and my mind starts flashing burglar alarms and wailing sirens when I see SayaSuzu in any potentially romantic situation. My mind goes NO NO DON'T DO IT RIHO IT'LL HURT YOU STOPPPPP. My prejudices are showing. :lol: I wonder if past trauma contributes to this internal reaction. I'm trying very hard to curb it in order to challenge myself to write something I can't. But I identify too strongly with Riho -- the kid reminds me of myself, before I was broken from a number of traumatic experiences in my life. I remember being as smug as her, as confident, and as capable (but at different things). I see the girl and am reminded of myself before I got hurt and embittered in life. That's why she's my oshi, really. I love her because I miss the me that was. That could have been. Wow, self-identification much? :lol: And yes I'm a narcissist I know this. :lol: Loving myself too much *bricked*

But yeah. I can't do it to Riho. Like, wow, I don't you to get hurt. I'VE BEEN THERE AND IT'S SHIT. GIRL, JUST BE ALONE. IT'S SAFER. REALLY. Some people aren't really meant to date. We make excellent friends and good listeners. I found it highly hilarious that Riho's classmates go to her for advice with friends or relationships :lol: Just like how people approach me for help with things they can't solve. Riho has that kind of presence. That she'll listen to you seriously and advise you as best as she can. That's the type of person she is. She's not the person that you go to first for fun and games (that would be Eripon XD), but she's the person you end up complaining to about the shit happens in your day, when you need someone to listen seriously and give you advice. She's that friend you won't look for first when you have a party, but the first person to call when you have a problem. I don't want to identify with the kid, but I do. I really do. That need for perfectionism within, the stoic demeanour outside, the way she likes to tease people but can't really handle it when they turn the tables on her. That she can be completely serious and professional and totally derpy at the same time. I get that girl. She's bipolar, just a little, but she's great fun if you know how to get to her.  I like how she's shy, but once she gets comfortable with you she's all silly and stuff despite coming off as being too serious when you didn't know her. That she actually really wants to be more outgoing and brighter in personality the way Eripon is all social and stuff, but can't work up the guts to be, so she ends up lurking at the sides instead, until someone notices and invites her in. But if she's comfortable around you she'll be all kittenish and will initiate physical contact randomly (ie, with Kanon). I don't even have to think to put on her skin. I'm already there, just older and bitter and broken in a few unseen places and I have to turn off my older self and reach for that younger, still hopeful part of my past personality in order to write the kid. It's wonderful and painful to wear that skin again. Because I can see pain if the wrong steps are made. That's why I can't write her into any pairing properly. I will screw it up because all my relationships have been screwed up. :lol: Well, technically I can write a relationship that works for her. As a writer I can do it. I know I can. It's easy to write something that works. But a little voice at the back of my head wants to spare the kid all that. Just let her be alone. YOUR SANITY, GIRL. DON'T DO IT. BAD IDEA.

Wow. Too much identification going on here. I was an Ai-wota, and I wrote Ai into so many fucked up situations, but it has always been a challenge to put on her skin. It's harder for me. We have similar interests, Ai and I, but I have always seen her as someone different, very radically different in personality from me. I would have done different things if put in her position. When I write her doing things, I write what I think she would do, not what I think I would do, because our ethos are very different. But when it comes to Riho...that line between her and I is blurred to the extreme. Riho, in my headcanon, is like a cross between Reina and Ai, and if anyone has read NR, I used to say that the whole ReinAi relationship there felt like a hybrid of myself in totality. I am neither Reina nor Ai in there, I am the relationship itself. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but basically if ReinAi had a kid it'd be Riho (and me XD). Hence MSF? :lol: But yeah.

There ARE significant differences between me and Riho, of course. We're not the same person. I know this. But personality-wise there are enough similarities to chill me, and I don't want to identify with her, because I grew up to be kinda fucked in the head, and I'm pretty sure I don't want anyone to become anything like me. :lol: For one thing, I never oversleep, I'm never late, and I tend not to forget stuff (only sometimes...). Of course, I can't dance, my singing sucks (wait...XD) , and I can't really do calligraphy. Well, actually I can, but it's been years and I might have forgotten how to. Yes, I have taken lessons before. :lol: Gee.

It's funny. I like Riho because she's a possibility. I enjoy her professionalism. I want to see her grow up to be an amazing person. It feels like living vicariously. She's my favourite because I identify with her, but it's becoming a liability when I write fic because I identify TOO MUCH with her. :lol: Pros and cons I guess.

I'll work on it. Got a couple of SayaSuzu thingies to work with recently, but need to get over internal blocks first. Help meeeeeee!!!

:lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
I've been writing a lot of crack lately.

This is an observation. Haha. Neighbours is full of crack. I haven't had to touch on my so called dark side in a while, although I recently discovered that no, I haven't forgotten how to write that way. I still know how to spin a dark tale if I have to -- which I have, but I'm not releasing that just because (commitments! posting means expectations that I have to continue >_>).

It's odd that I find myself oddly incomplete if I don't tap all my senses when I write. I have been dwelling on the good things so much that I've insulated myself from Bad Things. Which is mostly an attempt to protect the children from my unique form of torture. They're a bit young for it. :lol: Riho in particular is in grave danger simply by being my oshi. We always put our favourites through the most shit. XD I guess it's a form of love?

Need to get the dark parts of me out again. I haven't felt this intense in a while. Man, I can't post anything I write if I go that route. :lol: Damn restrictions. Maybe I should get a blog and organize everything there. Or something. >_>

Meh.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2013, 06:51:47 AM »
I was breezing through makistar's DA MAN fic yesterday and I wondered what it would be like if its scenario was applied to today's current H!P (legal girls only) :lol:

The only one I can think of as DA MAN is Harunan. Probably one of the reasons why Sayu calls her gross. :lol:

Imagine she's got 6th gen, Dawa, Berryz, C-ute(-1), DIY in her harem...

nope, I don't have a d-girl fetish... :mon trudge:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »
^Dawa would probably be jealous and probably threaten to castrate Harunan though :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:44 PM »
I love writing too much to ever really quit it, but sometimes I want to go "fuck this" and stop. Though of course people are used to (or more likely, resigned to) the fact that I update once in a blue moon. Life sucks as you grow up and get a job and have to balance everything else in between.

I'm just so tired though. I'm really happy that when I write, I can always count on my regulars to read and comment (shout out to rndy and Shiawase! Thanks guys!), but it feels like the whole fan community has gone stagnant fic-wise. I miss the old days where you could feel the energy of the place. But now we're just limping along, and it feels like even if I up my output and write a lot like I used to, it's like preaching to an empty congregation. It's oddly disheartening since I love the girls now, but it feels like not enough of other people do, and even if they do, all they're doing is lurking and not standing up to be counted.

I really shouldn't be whining, but I'm tired of being nice all the time. So yes, I'm sick of feeling utterly unappreciated except by the few stalwarts (rndy, shiawase, kuji, grac, and if I miss anyone else I'm sorry!). But it can't be helped, can it? Not everyone who likes the group reads fic, and I can't make them. It's sapping my own desire to write, even though I have so many ideas. It all comes down to "so what if I do?". No one is going to seriously care. Even if I produce something good, it's like winking in the dark: no one knows, and I don't benefit from it. Writing fanfic is a labour of love, and I know that I love the girls and writing itself too much to quit entirely, but it sure makes me grumpy at times. Plus, I get sick of not finding anything I want to read in English. These days, I read fic only in Japanese. What is my life coming to?

/embitteredrant

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline pharmchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Owh..i dunno the rant hole exist here..
i love ranting..that somehow it becomes nonsense when i let my imagination runs wild..beforehand i have write a very long rant about how i know aya matsuura and toma ikuta in their respective well known forum from which consume at about 5 pages (in words format) using century gothic, size 11 fonts..yeah i got that bad when it comes to ranting.

since this is the fanfic rant hole, i will put all my words on the fanfic as the subject itself. first, pardon me on my very bad english and laughing stock grammar. as i come from the country where the eigo language comes second.

yes i will talk about fanfic in general..not the title of the fanfic i like neither the one i currently wrote (because i never ever wrote one!)
and this make me remember to apologize to the topic starter, eastrea that i already going to the opposite direction from the way you heading this thread for. im sorry~~

lets get me started, i know about fanfic 3 years ago back in 2010. which made me one of those people who never know the existance of this kind of writing (fan fictional genre) . my stumble upon this item call "fanfic" is kinda funny. i like to tell about it tho  :D
here the story goes... i start actively exploring about japanese entertainment at the yr of 2010. the sudden interest get into me when my heart got fully capture with some adorable and coolness act from johhnys talents. these kinds of entertainment (jpop style) is totally opposite with the one in my country. upon found it strange at first, i get addicted unconsciously. then while i still in full swing in getting know about jpop world (johnny in particular), i found this article that tell a long story about my favourite group in that time (hey say jump-i am yamachii shipper back then)..it was worth 4 pages story of about their daily lives and even details information on how they had a relationship to each other. once finish reading those long story my heart and mind goes blank..ehh..does the story is true?how does the writer or so called reporter knew every details about these johnny talents lives..is it jpop world become so open when the artist doesnt care anymore when their private lives being intrude like that? so i scroll back the whole page from the beginning and later found, at the very top of the page it does stated something like: hey say jump fanfic, writing by xxxx, pairing xxx, rating xxxx.... (still confius) in whole situation i get mr google help me found the fanfic definition..and there is the moment i know the real meaning behind it... and what i read before is not even real because it just a story from someone imigination that convert into some kind of imaginary story depend on who their favorites are..so there it goes, the first information about fanfic i had..upon knowing this , i dont pay so much of attention on it because i not really a fan..i rarely read ones since my first discovery about it..

the times run until march 2013 where the word of fanfic does have some meaning in my life. march 2013 is the exact time my new discovery about Hello project world begin..(its kinda sad isnt???).. this is time where i literally knew about most of them...my full interest to johnys talents just beforehand exchange it paths fully to these direction of HP girls....the only thing that i lost helplessly towards the fact which most of them already graduate being idol and some of them doesnt even active as an artist anymore (namely aya matsuura_sadly the one i being madly fall in love with until currently)...having this sort of disappointment towards what i have been left for so many years, my unconscious act lead me searching the fanfic of my fav HP talent with the intention to displace this bad feeling into something else. and then there's i found one that i treasure greatly wrote by this one person (O_ n1) which made my heart ride into these kind of crazy roller coaster of emotion. from this moment my thought about fanfic suddenly change..because of this person great writing style, i continue searching some good fic material within HP radius which was worth reading. affected by this that is one thing that ive done recently which is so out of character of me when i start writing my own fanfic as the final result consist me failing miserably.. (i let the story hanging at the 15th sentence and never wrote ever since, because i have no idea how to do plot progressing) :D..but at least its encourage me doing something that i hate doing before which is writing.. (since my profession as engineer i rather do calculation and formulas )  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

And then, from all these experiences i just realize how different is the level of fanfic writing between Johhny and HP...i mean in term of character and story progress...Most HP fanfic writer able to pull out nearly realistic situation and nearly realistic character compare to johhny fanfic (yes! i have done some reading of johnny fanfic for comparison purpose). As result, upon reading, we kinda agree and approved of the nearly similar character behaviour describe in the fic..so we get the chance enjoy the fic more.

i still have a lot of thing going on my mind now..but since im no good in words arrangement and ability throw out something good yet simple to understand statement, i guess i would like to stop here. but hey~ at least i wrote something right??
kinda hope for those who read my rant is able to understand what i really meant..

sorry again estrea ...to think that i already messed up you thread  :panic:

ja~~
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:25:44 PM by pharmchan »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2013, 05:12:42 AM »
Short rant because this would never get posted if I actually ranted.

So a H!P Pacific Rim fic would be fun to do. It's a franchise that lends itself well to fusion AUs, with the Drift Compatibility thing on top of the cancelledincoming Apocalypse being an excellent setting to explore character dynamics.

Fucking hell, it's only a couple steps away conceptually, but a H!P Simoun fic is way too fucking difficult to even consider.

DAMMIT, PLUNNIES.  :bleed eyes: (I mean, just think of the hilarity that is Reinai trying to decide who's going to be the guy when they go to the spring together. Also, gorram Floef has all of the game, so I can't help but think Rika would be the cheeky rascal to Yossie's elegant lady. And then RihoZukki bros4lyfe.)

Maybe I'll settle for doing fanart instead...?  :panic:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:35:31 AM by Rayle »

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2013, 12:28:32 AM »
I wonder if they are building a new level of Hades just for me for slashing members of the Kyuukies with members of the Sailor Senshi?

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2014, 08:21:06 AM »
Here is some idle speculation on S/Mileage.  It has more to do with pairings that fan fics, but I will put it here anyway.

When you look at the current groups in H!P it is apparent that most of the H!P members either "spend enough time providing service to the fans with other H!P members to convince fans that they are in love lover relationships" or "are in love lover relationships".  Hey, this is what the fans want so H!P is happy to provide it.

However, when one looks at S/Mileage, almost every member is in a "well documented" pairing or a one or two emerging pairings.  However, none of these pairings are among themselves.  I wonder how this could be?

Maybe S/Mileage, due to the fact that they have to practice and perform together in micro-skirts, are suffering from TMI and deal with it by being strictly professional with each other?

Or, maybe S/Mileage is kind of "old school" and believe that they are supposed to be each others rivals?  I hope not.  This is old school because inter-group pairings probably significantly help sales.  It also can take some of the sizzle off of a PV where the girls shove each other around dance provocatively.

Or, maybe the S/Mileage girls inside of H!P are thought of as being super hot and the reason they don't hang out with each other is because they are fielding dozens of other admirers at a time?

What do you guys think?  Is there some other reason that should be considered?

Offline unmeiboy

• ecchi
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
Can I rant too? No one knows me or what I write haha but this thread spoke to me. It wanted me to find it.

The past months, I've been writing a lot. Like, seriously. I've written 17 oneshots and an 8 chapter fic in four months. That's a lot for me.

But now I've come to some kind of point where I don't like anything I try to write. I have ideas and I really want to write them but when I try they just turn out really really bad. At least I think so. It's a bit like... I don't have a reason to write. My ideas obviously don't appeal to me as much as I think they do, since they don't even end up being decent. It might be because I don't get much feedback on anything I write, but I'm also used to writing for myself and I don't expect comments and/or views, but. I wouldn't still appreciate it? Ah this makes me sound so whiny haha I swear I'm not like this all the time.

If anyone got tips or something, a way to get out of thinking that everything you create sucks, please tell me. I love writing. It just doesn't work at the moment. orz
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:45:04 PM by unmeiboy »

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Saa Ikou