JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bestie - Pitapat

Author Topic: The Ran! ki!! ng!!! Thread (Anything goes edition)  (Read 39852 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The Ran! ki!! ng!!! Thread (Anything goes edition)
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »
I have spent a lot of time catching up with Idoling's show and I have adjusted my ranking after each ep, so this is as close as it's gonna get:

#6 Tonooka Erica
-----------------------------------
#15 Asahi Nao
#11 Morita Suzuka
#7 Yazawa Erika
#3 Endou Mai
#8 Fonchi
#21 Hashimoto Kaede
#26 Ojima Chika
#22 Kurata Ruka
#16 Kikuchi Ami
#9 Yokoyama Rurika
#19 Tachibana Yurika
#13 Nagano Serina
#14 Sakai Hitomi
#24 Nomoto Manami
#17 Miyake Hitomi
#20 Ookawa Ai
#12 Kawamura Yui
#25 Gotou Kaoru
#23 Itou Yuuna

Shuffles may occur within 'categories.'

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »
1   谷澤恵里香
2   酒井瞳
3   遠藤舞
4   長野せりな
5   倉田瑠夏
5   後藤郁
7   菊地亜美
7   大川藍
9   フォンチー
9   横山ルリカ
11   外岡えりか
12   河村唯
13   森田涼花
14   三宅ひとみ
15   尾島知佳
16   橋本楓
17   朝日奈央
17   橘ゆりか
19   伊藤祐奈
20   野元愛

Including graduated members:
1   谷澤恵里香   75
2   酒井瞳   72
3   小泉瑠美   69
4   遠藤舞   66
5   加藤沙耶香   63
6   倉田瑠夏   60
7   菊地亜美   57
8   後藤郁   54
9   大川藍   51
10   フォンチー   48
11   長野せりな   45
12   横山ルリカ   42
13   河村唯   39
14   外岡えりか   36
15   三宅ひとみ   33
16   森田涼花   30
17   尾島知佳   27
18   橋本楓   24
19   朝日奈央   21
20   橘ゆりか   18
21   ミシェル未来   15
22   江渡万里彩   12
23   滝口ミラ   9
24   小林麻衣愛   6
25   伊藤祐奈   3
26   野元愛   0

It's been a while since I did this one, so there's been some shifting around. I had a few where I couldn't decide. Because the previous one I did in august last year also included graduated members, I've done that one as well. But I'm already seeing differences between both lists :lol: In one list Serina is at no.4 and in the other at no.11. Other than that, the two lists are pretty consistent.
Now as for that comparison with the old list from august last year:
- Places 2 to 5 seem have shifted around a bit, with now Zumi above Sayanee, and Sakacchi now at no.2 (Places 3 to 5 will likely keep shifting around, difficult to decide)
- Most important climbers: Ruka from no. 14 to no. 6, and Amimi from 12 to 7, and Kaorun from 11 to 8, Okawa from 13 to 9.
- Most important droppers: Umeko from No. 6 to No. 13, Ton-chan from 7 to 14, Rurika from 8 to 12.
- The bottom 6 are all equal actually.

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
  • I'm Ai Kawashima, Idoling!!! & Ebisu Muscats Fans.
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
アイドリング!!!総選挙

It's not official, just for fun only! 1day 1vote!

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 05:04:29 AM »
順位   名前   得点
1   橘ゆりか   73
1   菊地亜美   73
3   遠藤舞   69
4   橋本楓   66
5   フォンチー   63
6   外岡えりか   60
7   森田涼花   57
8   加藤沙耶香   54
9   伊藤祐奈   51
10   朝日奈央   44
10   谷澤恵里香   44
10   小泉瑠美   44
13   横山ルリカ   39
14   尾島知佳   30
14   後藤郁   30
14   野元愛   30
14   大川藍   30
18   河村唯   24
19   酒井瞳   15
19   長野せりな   15
19   三宅ひとみ   15
19   ミシェル未来   15
23   倉田瑠夏   3
23   小林麻衣愛   3
23   滝口ミラ   3
23   江渡万里彩   3

I feel the need to update the rankings so here it is, but this time I have left out the former members because I really don't see the point of it.

1. 遠藤舞 - I did like her before but now I truly appreciate her presence and what she brings to the group, she also pretty much has it all.
2. 外岡えりか - She has significantly raised her value as a member with her role in the hit drama series, and has distanced herself way past Rurika as the true ace at this point.
3. 大川藍 - Aichan made a huge leap in my rankings, I don't know why I ranked her so low before, but she has been one of the most visible members who has contributed quite a bit this past year and I guess I have come to appreciate her.
4. 橋本楓 - I would rank her higher but she's still so young that I want to leave room for her to prove herself more. But at this point, she has already put herself as one of the vital members especially in terms of variety aspect, her talk & humor sense is truly genius, all she has to do is keep it going.
5. 朝日奈央 - I consider Asahi to be a very crucial member who is a mood-maker, and someone who can bridge the gap between the older members and the younger members with her all-around socializing nature. She's also one of a kind contributor on the show, I can't imagine Idoling without her.
6. 菊地亜美 - I really like how she is always willing to speak out and one of the very few to get into Masuno's face, but I'm also a bit getting tired of her act as well, but since very few members are as talkative as she is, that quality can't be overlooked.
7. 三宅ひとみ - I think she's putting in an effort to overhaul her character as well as her attitude toward the show especially, and she has been more visible as a result, if she keeps going at it she should keep improving herself quite a bit.
8. 森田涼花 - I like her variety element where she can be very funny, but I'm afraid that she has hit the ceiling already as an idol.
9. 横山ルリカ - She definitely has a big role as a performer in concerts, but apart from that, she doesn't really seem very engaging to me, she just seems content with her current position within the group, I don't see any improvement from her this past year.
10. 橘ゆりか - I thought this year would be a big year for Yurippe, but she has been under-whelming to say the least, I thought she would stand out more with her talk element, but it really hasn't been the case, maybe she isn't really as funny as I had thought. Her singing is still just ok.
11. 谷澤恵里香 - I do think she has a very good sense of humor, but it rarely materializes in a way to be useful in a presentable format. I think she's too talented for her own good, she just doesn't know how to execute her talent. Being a goofball menace just isn't enough.
12. 伊藤祐奈 - I think Yuna is the only one within the 4th gen. that has any sort of chance for her to make something out of herself, she does have the looks, and she seems to have a good attitude, but I still don't find her that interesting or entertaining.    
13. 酒井瞳 - I don't see any upside from her, she's already old, her countryside girl character is more than getting tiresome, and her new aggressive-nature toward the members doesn't seem appealing to me, she's giving off way too much negative vibe toward the group that it's hurting group's image.
14. フォンチー - I just don't see her worth as a member, she hardly engages herself in the show, only speaks when talked upon, and her looks have deteriorated quite a bit. She doesn't seem to be close with any other members either.
15. 尾島知佳 - Other than getting a few laughs in some of the athletic games in the show, I just don't find her to be an asset to the group, her lack of manners is a big turn-off as well, I just don't feel that her character make-up is suitable to be an idol, she can't dance or sing either so.
16. 野元愛 - This girl has weight issues she seems to struggle with, but more than that, she's just not much of a talent as an idol, I think it takes some intelligence for an idol to grow and improve but I don't feel that she has that intelligence nor the will to improve.
17. 長野せりな - I don't know what happened to her, but she just seems to have no confident with herself, and very timid. She's yet to be a burden to the group at this point, but she's not doing anything for the group either. But if she remains the way she is, they might as well let her go.
18. 河村唯 - I just don't see her as an idol, but it's not just her looks that turn me off, her character is also too weird, and the way she engages in the show just feels cheap and pretentious. I've also realized that her singing isn't that great either. I just don't think she's a top idol material in any way.
19. 倉田瑠夏 - I think picking her in the audition was a huge mistake. Yeah she can dance, but Idoling is not a dance-featuring group. Her downside is just too immense to overtake her one single talent of dancing ability. And just like Nomoto, she's not very bright, I had hoped that it was just an act, but it apparently isn't. It is really disconcerting that the younger the members are the dumber they are, and not many have the intelligence that most 1st gen. members have, and that doesn't bode well for the future of the group.
20. 後藤郁 - Obviously her ranking doesn't reflect the overall aspect, but due to her situation of being absent.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
Well, since there's been a huge change in my roster I decided to do a sorter again. It seems a little weird having Kaede as #1 after being a Maipuru fan for 3 years. :lol: The first 6 members are pretty much reflecting my taste as of lately, while the lower half is constantly changing.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »
After seeing more stuff and Guam Idoling, I have to make some updates.

#6 Tonooka Erica
#15 Asahi Nao
#26 Ojima Chika
#11 Morita Suzuka
#3 Endou Mai
#21 Hashimoto Kaede
#22 Kurata Ruka
#9 Yokoyama Rurika
#14 Sakai Hitomi
#16 Kikuchi Ami
#20 Ookawa Ai
#19 Tachibana Yurika
#13 Nagano Serina
#17 Miyake Hitomi
#25 Gotou Kaoru
#24 Nomoto Manami
#23 Itou Yuuna
#12 Kawamura Yui

Shuffles may occur within 'categories.'

Biggest winner: Ojima Chika  :wub:
Small winners: Sakai Hitomi, Ookawa Ai
Dropped: Nomoto Manami, Kawamura Yui
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:06:21 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »
Wow, I have not done one of these rankings in about a ear and a half! Things have certainly changed a bit!
1. Hashimoto Kaede
2. Endou Mai
3. Tonooka Erika
4. Ookawa Ai
5. Itou Yuuna
6. Sakai Hitomi
7. Yokoyama Rurika
8. Miyake Hitomi
9. Gotou Kaoru
10. Kikuchi Ami
11. Morita Suzuka
12. Yazawa Erika
13. Asaki Nao
14. Tachibana Yurika
15. Fonchi
16. Kawamura Yui
17. Kurata Ruka
18. Nomoto Manami
19. Ojima Serina
20. Nagano Serina

Biggest winner: Hashimoto Kaede - She jumps from 14th in my previous ranking to 1st. Talk about an idol growing on you:)
Biggest loser: Asahi Nao - I used to have her as my favourite second gen member. Now she actually ranks 5th in that category

Other comments:
- Endou and Tonooka still remains strong at the top. I shiver at the thought of them leaving Idoling!!!
- As much as I don't want to see Yazawa and Fonchi go, they are my bottom two first gen members so I guess if anyone have to leave, I'm semi-glad it's them...
- I still am indifferent to Ojima, Nagano, Kurata and Nomoto. They are the same ones in the bottom of my old rankings, but just in different order. I love Kurata's dancing and Nomoto's dodgeball prowess but over and above those skills, they really have not done anything else to stand out.

Offline x3idoling

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2012, 07:17:17 AM »
1. Hashimoto Kaede
2. Endou Mai
3. Tonooka Erika
4. Morita Suzuka
5. Nagano Serina
6. Itou Yuuna
7. Sakai Hitomi

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »
With the roster decreasing to 18 I felt the need to do one of these before the 5th gen. join.

• Hashimoto Kaede - It's already been half a year since she finally surpassed Maipuru as my favorite member, and I'm not going to stop anytime soon! :deco:
  • Endou Mai - Still my favorite member in many other categories, but overall I'm just more into Kaede. lol
  • Asahi Nao - I always thought she overdid her 'POP' fashion coordination, so I'm glad she's been getting more into darker colors. lol. That, and she just keeps growing on so many levels.
  • Tachibana Yurika - She's been gaining a lot of plus points in 2011, and I finally came to realize this week how awesome she really is. In terms of humor I think she might be my 2nd favorite after Maipuru.
  • Itou Yuuna - I think she gets wittier by each handshake event. lol. For real, she's a monster.
  • Morita Suzuka - Comparing her to the "old" Suu-chan, I think I like her like she is now, a bit chubby and blogs that make you scratch your head.
  • Kikuchi Ami - In general she might be the current key member, but in my ranking she's starting to get overshadowed by others. lol
  • Sakai Hitomi - To think that a fringe makes such wonders. She looks even better up close.
  • Ookawa Ai - With her becoming a JJ model, this should be an interesting year for her. Personally I don't like her new hair color, though. lol
  • Kawamura Yui - There's not much footage of it (yet), but look out for her in live performances of MAMORE!!!. Seriously, do it.
  • Kurata Ruka - In Ekiden for Peace there's a part where she runs up to Asahi and Umeko and just starts hugging them... I've watched that part like 20 times or something. lol
  • Nomoto Manami - uRa Idoling!!! - 20111021 <-- This. lol
  • Ojima Chika - She has her highlights now and then, but mostly I think she's still too hesitant. Mostly I see her as a high school student rather than an idol. lol
  • Miyake Hitomi - 2011 was a great year for her, and 2012 is starting off good with kickboxing and Bakkyuun!.
  • Gotou Kaoru - She currently has a great position in the group, but I'm afraid it won't pass outside when they're away. lol.
  • Tonooka Erica - Nothing in particular. She's gotten prettier, though. :P
  • Yokoyama Rurika - Her hair smells good. :thumbsup (Don't ask, it just happened by chance...)
  • Nagano Serina - I don't dislike any of the members, Serina just happens to be last. lol. I personally thought she was hilarious in Ongaku Banzuke the other day.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »

Previous Ranking List

1.   Kawamura
2.   Kikuchi
3.   Kaede
4.   Ojima
5.   Serina
6.   Tachibana
7.   Suu-chan
8.   Ai-chan
9.   Asahi
10.   Yuuna
11.   Maipuru
12.   Sakacchi
13.   Hii-chan
14.   Ruka
15.   Ru-ri
16.   Kaorun
17.   Ton-chan
18.   Manami

I did the sorter again just to see how much has changed.

1.   Kawamura
2.   Amimi
3.   Sakacchi
4.   Ruka
5.   Suu-chan
6.   Tachibana
7.   Ai-chan
8.   Kaede
9.   Serina
10.   Asahi
11.   Kaorun
12.   Hii-chan
13.   Maipuru
14.   Yuuna
15.   Ru-ri
16.   Ton-chan
17.   Ojima
18.   Manami
---

•   Kawamura : Eversince the majide futarikiring she just keeps on getting better and better. Now she absolutely knows how to interact during a show and most importantly she is probably the member with the best chemistry with Masuno now.
•   Amimi : Just like Kawamura, she is powering herself up very well. Right now, I don't think it is too much to say that she is carrying the group name all over the TV channel now
•   Sakacchi : Sakacchi has growned more composed now. She knows exactly how much to talk and how much to push her accent. Plus she does her job pretty well, during any segment with her as an MC you can clearly see she has done her homework really well
•   Ruka : Before this, Ruka hardly leaves any impression on me besides her dancing. But now, obviously the girl is a natural. Kaede is smart, Ruka is natural. She has great tsukkomi and expression too. I really enjoy her on the screen lately.
•   Suu-chan : Suu-chan has changed somewhat. I guess getting told that she's not smart all the time has taken its toll. However, even with her more quiet composure she still manages to handle MCs well. It does go along very well with the Kyoto-ben too. She went up in ranking simply because she appears on the show more often now
•   Kaede : I haven't been following Kaede a lot lately. She doesn't stand out in the show lately too. The girl knows how to be mean sometimes now though XD
•   Serina : Serina is looking really fine now, but that's about it. Everyone has been talking about her being too quiet for ages and she still can't get the problem out.
•   Kaorun : She has really grown on me. During lives or events, her MC is fun and entertaining.
•   Ojima : I feel like Ojima is kind of lost now. Especially with heavy talk segments lately, she just do not know how to engage the situation yet.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
1. 遠藤舞
2. 外岡えりか
3. 大川藍
4. 橋本楓
5. 朝日奈央
6. 菊地亜美
7. 三宅ひとみ
8. 森田涼花
9. 横山ルリカ
10. 橘ゆりか
11. 谷澤恵里香
12. 伊藤祐奈
13. 酒井瞳
14. フォンチー
15. 尾島知佳
16. 野元愛
17. 長野せりな
19. 倉田瑠夏
20. 後藤郁 (Ranking reflecting due to leave of absence)

I want to update the rankings for the 18-member roster before the 5th gen. join because by the time I get to know 5th gen. enough to do one I might not even care anymore.

1. 遠藤舞 - Basically Maipuru is the sole reason why Idoilng is even relevant as far as music goes, and her being the leader is keeping the juvenile delinquent that is 4th gen. from turning the group into a zoo thereby ruining it because they clearly do not respect any other members.

2. 大川藍 - Now that she's a JJ model, her stock rises considerably to a point where she's the undisputed future ace now if she wasn't pushed already by the producer into that position. The only downside is her mediocre singing ability, therefore I will never consider her as a true ace in that regard.

3. 橋本楓 - Just like Aichan she is great at everything except for singing ability, otherwise I would even consider Kaepyon to be the ace of the group, even ahead of Aichan because Kaepyon has a far superior sense of humor. While Aichan may have the sex appeal, Kaepyon is the ideal image of an idol in my book. As long as Kaepyon is a part of Idoling, Idoling will be a group worthy of paying attention to.

4. 菊地亜美 - Her contribution as a solo act is undeniably significant for the group's benefit, it's rather surprising that out of all the members Kikuchi was the one who was able to break into the mainstream limelight. Her presence within the group has now become extra-pivotal, I think she has put herself in a position of even bargaining her way around Idoling, possibly vying for the future-leader role.

5. 橘ゆりか - Yurikaru is the only member besides the 1st gen. that could carry a decent tune, when I heard her singing "Bakkyu-n", I have come to realize that she's the future main vocal of Idoling. When she gets out of some odd identity crisis of imitating the looks of a fashion model and finds herself again, she'll shine the brightest as she does have everything to be great.

6. 三宅ひとみ - It's as if a switch has been turned on and she suddenly has transformed herself into a brand new Hiichan, she has a renewed energy and vibe about her since the new year, she may not have the best assets and talent, but she makes up for it with her god-given rich girl sassy and cool-ness, and now that she has taken up kick-boxing, nobody will get in her way, she's the truth.

7.  横山ルリカ - She does look the part of an ace in every sense of the word, but for some reason she's not being accepted by the mainstream audience, maybe her looks are too exotic for the tiny baby-face loving Japanese society in general, hopefully she can broaden her solo work more and get more exposure.

8. 外岡えりか - Tonchan is in the same boat as Rurika more or less, in fact it's a little more devastating that she has gotten so little exposure even after being a part of one of the biggest TV drama hits last year. Because she does not have the exquisite looks Rurika has, her future prospects seem very limited and grim, I have somewhat come to accept that Tonchan's peak years are with Idoling.

9. 森田涼花 - Morita had such promise, such talent, such appeal, but realizing now that she is not exactly clear up there, I don't see how she'll even cope with mainstream limelight if it does come to fruition to be honest, it's a pity and a shame, but her place in entertainment industry shines the brightest only within the anonymous confines of Idoling only.

10. 朝日奈央 - Asahi is basically the hamster that runs inside the stationary wheel that is Idoling. When her modeling career ends with the dissolving of LB, her identity resides solely with Idoling with no future prospects as a solo in sight. Basically she's in the same boat that Morita is in, a folklore legend within Idoling fan base, but an unknown outside that realm.

11. 伊藤祐奈 -  As invalid as her ways of garnering popularity may be, I begrudgingly still got to give her kudos at least for her efforts, but I still dislike her personality which is not very professional and presentable, hopefully she improves on that as she matures and becomes more aware of her surroundings, and when she does she has enough promise to make something out of herself.

12. 長野せりな - Serina has been in a funk for too long to really fully recover herself at this point, but I applaud her for at least trying and what she may need is just a new opportunity such as 5th gen. members, so that she can explore and expand on her character to find something new.

13. 酒井瞳 - She reminds me of Fonchi in a way, in that she's there as an adult member but she's not really very into it. It seems that the longer she's been a member, the more ordinary she has become, I just have to echo the sentiments of Yazawa that there's something missing with Sakacchi.

14. 河村唯 - In an odd mysterious unexplainable way I appreciate what Umeko brings to Idoling, but also knowing that her quality is something that will never be recognized and accepted in mainstream society such as Japan, her worth as an idol and who she is and what she does as a member is a wasted effort. Unlike Sakai, Umeko may have a future in showbiz but not in the context of an idol, but more in the field of stage acting who does a lot of eccentric and crazy roles.

15. 倉田瑠夏 - Frankly her dance skill is not something a 3-months worth of lessons wouldn't beat, her saving grace truly is being the side-kick of Kaepyon and imitating her craft of the trade like a parasite. However she's still a long ways away from establishing her own identity by herself, but having not much else in her arsenal to turn to, Ruka may have to find a new avenue in her character to be more independent from Kaepyon, and 5th gen. members may be the ticket.

16. 尾島知佳 - Oji has made a fatal mistake of revealing too much of her real personality that is not very flattering. Oji had too much attitude, too rebellious, and her disrespect towards the older members as HERSELF has permanently damaged her image as an idol. I do sense that she has realized her mistakes and trying to reform her image, but I don't think I'll ever like her.

17. 後藤郁 - While her maniacal fans hail her blog entries on par with Ernest Hemingway in its profoundness, the truth is she's a worthless member if her blogging prowess is her strongest asset as an idol. It's like saying her job is a singer, but what she's really great at is writing novels. That doesn't really help Idoling the group and seems like an excuse to make up for her glaringly obvious shortcomings as an idol. It should say a lot that even Oji is ahead of Kaoru in rankings, Oji at least has her moments that has humor in an ironical fashion, but Kaoru literally has nothing memorable to offer.

18. 野元愛 - The weight issue is really just a tip of the iceberg of just now inept and unsuitable Nomoto really is as a member of Idoling. It's so shocking just how dumb she really is, I didn't quite realize it at first but she totally exposed herself as such by how she reacts and deals with being over-weight. She gets ANGRY when jokes are made about her weight, I MEAN WHAT? ANGRY? Who's fault is that? Then she proceeds to announce that she can't help but eat when she wants to. I MEAN WHAT? She can't control herself? She has no business being in showbiz with such an immature and ignorant mindset. I simply do not want someone like Nomoto to represent Idoling in public, I really wouldn't miss her at all if she quits tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:08:51 AM by Jenus »

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:30 AM »
I feel that it's still a bit too early for me to re-do the rankings since I don't think 5th gen. members are fully explored within the TV show at all, but I have some major re-shuffling with the other members so here it is.

1. Endo Mai - She's the rock of the group, she brings immediate credence within the idol industry with her exquisite talents, not only her peers respect her for it, the younger Idoling members when joining often cite Maipuru as their source of admiration and inspiration as a role-model.

2. Tachibana Yurika - She's the undeniable vocal successor when 1st gen. members graduate, her all-rounder abilities should become much more pivotal as her role within the group expands. Her nature of playing the third-wheel within the group so members like Miyake and Goto can co-exist is a quality that is tailor-made for a leadership role. Being one of the most liked members within the group by the other members and even exhibiting to be a willing caretaker of the younger members are signs that Yurippe is constantly evolving into a bright star. As a fan I truly appreciate a member like Yurippe who behind the scenes is one of the hardest workers in honing her craft so that she can execute it effortlessly when it counts as if it's her second nature.

3. Asahi Nao - I have never seen an idol who is as genuine and un-filtered like her, and her outgoing and charming personality perfectly match with the ideal image of what Idoling would like to be known as. She's the most liked member by other members, and as the undisputed mood-maker of the group as well as her unique comical qualities, her presence within the group is probably the most crucial position. If Maipuru is the taskmaster of the group, Asahi is the field general.

4. Hashimoto Kaede - I get goosebumps when pondering about Kaepyon's prospects as it almost seems like she has no limitations in displaying her potential. While she still has the youthful looks, she's also growing into a very hot lady, the term sky is the limit perfectly describes her. With her talk skill that is light-years ahead of the members around her age, and the innocent youth character with a twist of sharp-tongue, it's really only a matter of time before she's being recognized by the mainstream crowd. Kaepyon is also similar to Yurippe in that she's a complete professional at her craft, but never gives off a hint on the stage, Idoling is very fortunate to have her as a member.

5. Kikuchi Ami - I have always found her to be rather sexy with good looks, but somehow the common opinion by the fan base is that they don't find her attractive, although that opinion now has changed a little bit as she got pushed into the limelight, I guess it's all really a matter of perception for some people. Ironically, I've never found her to be that funny, she's good at giving off one-liners, but that's as far as I can give credit for. She was never one of the most popular members by the fan base either, but considering that she has been successful as a solo act, I must say that the common taste of the fan base is not the same that of the mainstream crowd. I think she deserves more credit as a moderator of the group than the fan base ever gave credit for. While it may be within her good intentions to maker other members talk more in Ami-talk, the execution is simply too raw and disorganized in structure to yield the results that are deemed to be of entertainment quality. Simply engaging the other members in a small-talk is not that entertaining nor memorable. If she wants to play the producer, let her do it only with Baby Raids, and leave Idoling alone because Idoling does not need her totally amateurish producer role-play intervention.

6. Yokoyama Rurika - While her qualities as an ace is unquestionable, she's showing signs that the variety aspect no longer interests her. She wants to be treated as an adult I suppose, but in a group like Idoling, it just leaves something to be desired, especially for someone like Rurika who clearly has what it takes and has shown in the past, but no longer as into it as much. My first impression of her was that she was conceited, and while she has admitted to being big-headed when she was younger, I still think she is a very proud person to a degree, and her standoff-ish nature is probably intimidating to the other members to approach her casually. As she has also admitted that she can be herself more in a smaller group than a big group, it may be for the best that Rurika starts a solo career and stick to it.

7.  Tonooka Erika - As she has now failed to get the attention of the mainstream with the drama hit Marumo, she's almost damaged goods, her expiration date has passed, while she still would be treated respectfully as a senior member withing Idoling, it's clear that she doesn't have what it takes to make it in the mainstream. She also isn't aging very well, she looks overly older now, all it's left at this point for her in Idoling is graduation.

8. Okawa Ai - Modeling thing is ruining her as we speak. She seems more unstable and unsettling ever sing she got the JJ gig, I don't know why she's trying so hard, it's back-firing on her image big time. She's incredibly hot though, and as an idol that's really what counts so the rest is just much ado about nothing. I'd like to see more of her in the mainstream though, but in dramas and not in variety shows, I don't think she has a strong enough character to distinguish herself.

9. Takahashi Kurumi - While she may not be the ideal mold for Idoling's concept, she's as good as it comes as a mold of an ideal idol, very feminine, adorable, cute, good-natured, modest, warm, soft-spoken, gentle, likable, and surprisingly playful, but most importantly she has guts. I get a sense that she'll eventually become a very important member and someone I would find very proud to have in Idoling down the road. I see a lot of Kaepyon in Kurumin, but where they differ is that Kaepyon's character is very sophisticated while Kurumin is yet to establish one.

10. Kawamura Yui - She's not sexy and she looks over 30 years old, and she sometimes act like a crazy person who has schizo, but I think she's the most misunderstood member even by the fan base. She can sing, she can dance, she has a sense of humor, she gets along with anybody, she's like by the staff, she's a hard worker, and she really cares about her job. It's simply impossible to not like Umeko as a fan. She's the ultimate underdog reaching for the stars story.

11. Ishida Karen - Although my first impression of her was not very encouraging, I have found out that the more I see her, the more I like her. She's rather very grounded than I had imagined, and very nice personality, a little similar to Kurumin. Her deep singing voice is rather unique as well, and I think I like it. The fact that she seems to have some intellect is comforting as a fan as there are just way too many baka members in Idoling.

12. Ito Yuna - While she has the looks and has good enough ability to have her moments in the show, I just don't think she translates well in the mainstream setting with her quirky personality, but more than anything she still lacks a lot in talking skill. I think she's better off just doing acting. Not that I don't like odd-ball quality of Yuna, it's just that her material is not suitable for anyone who is not her peer group of females. Mainstream audience gets Kikuchi's material by comparison because her material is more adult-oriented and more common-sense based. How Yuna expresses herself will only get through to Ruka and Kaede and completely goes over everybody's else's head due to a totally different frequency in which Yuna functions. There's a common term that describes someone like Yuna in Japan, and that is DENPA. She's clearly a denpa girl. It's not a flattering term so that's basically my point of why I would not choose her as a spokesperson of Idoling.

13. Miyake Hitomi - I probably ranked her lower than I should but the thing is while I see center-stage type of potential in the members above, Miyake simply is not such a type. I still like her for what she brings to the group, which is toughness, and it's not a bad thing to have a strict senior member to have the young members in check.

14. Kurata Ruka - She has clearly found her niche right beside's Kaepyon as her side-kick, and that's about it. Her dancing actually is a minus, I find the dance segments in lives highly unnecessary.

15. Tamagawa Ramu - This ranking more or less reflects exclusively on her looks, I just don't find her very appealing. She may have some grasp on the variety side of things but the sampling is just too small to really comment much on it.

16. Sakai Hitomi - Hmm, well, she's there, and plays the side-kick role, but she's not really doing much.

17. Nagano Serina - Same thing, she's there as an extra, she's almost invisible now.

18. Ojima Chika - I'm pondering whether she is a plus or a minus to the group. I'm just not too sure about her. Still don't trust her.

19. Kiyoku Reia - I find her nagging nature incredibly annoying. I totally do not like her looks either.

20. Goto Kaoru - Awkward at almost everything, I expect very little from her.

21. Nomoto Manami - She's still fat, and now becoming obnoxious in her character. When will she get the message that nobody likes a fat girl with an attitude? I was so glad to see the studio audience totally diss her by no one clapping when they asked to vote for the best original curry-dish presentation.   

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
My ranking is in a constant state of flux. There are a few members who are subject to very little turbulence and can easily carry themselves in the upper layers (Asahi, Tonooka) and there are some who have little chance of bubbling up very far (Nagano, Yokoyama). The ranking of the new members and of those in the middle layer is the most unstable.

The characteristics that carry the most weight in my ranking are looks and personality. Singing or dancing talent is of secondary importance to me.

• Nao Asahi: How can you not love this girl? She's funny, charming, good-looking, and so much more. I don't see her leaving the top three anytime in the near future.
  • Erica Tonooka: Also very good-looking and I really like the way she smiles with her eyes. Her slightly shy character is also part of the attraction.
  • Kaoru Goto: Contrary to other opinions I've read here on the forums, I consider Kaoru a valuable addition to the group. Yes, she can be awkward at times, but this awkwardness is not necessarily awkward to watch if it creates a comical situation, just like Asahi's crying over trivial matters. For show business outside of Idoling!!!'s shows, she should probably become a little bit better at talking, but the way I see it, she has the time and the potential to do so. Kaoru is also quite easy on the eyes.
  • Kurumi Takahashi: I have to admit that in the first weeks I thought she was a little dull. I thought she looked bored most of the time. But then I started to perceive her as merely calm and quite soothing – not sure how that changed so quickly. She is also pretty and has a very feminine aura.
  • Kaede Hashimoto: She's very cute and can be quite funny.
  • Hitomi Miyake: I think she's the classiest among all Idoling!!! members.
  • Mai Endo: Singing ace and she has an interesting weirdness to her.
  • Yuna Ito: She's always so upbeat and communicative. She has great interactions with the other member, especially the other 4th gens.
  • Reia Kiyoku: Her shyness and tininess make her really cute. Her being the youngest also makes for great big-sister/little-sister and teacher/apprentice interactions with the other members. I think she has to be careful though, that she doesn't become to much like a nagging child.
  • Ruka Kurata: She's very pretty and has the most dominant demeanor among the 4th gen. members. I'm slightly concerned about her weight, though.
  • Hitomi Sakai: Very funny. I especially like the Sakacchi-Maipuru combo.
  • Ai Okawa: She's pretty alright, but I don't quite understand how she's model material. Perhaps it's the legs. I still like her, though. She can be funny.
  • Yurika Tachibana: As far as my limited Japanese skills allow me to be a judge here, she's very witty.
  • Ami Kikuchi: I like how she can get a conversation going and how she sometimes interacts with the audience.
  • Karen Ishida: She seems fairly nice, but I haven't found anything particularly interesting about her yet.
  • Chika Ojima: She's pretty and can be funny, but sometimes she's just little bit too goofy for my taste.
  • Yui Kawamura: Her sense of humor doesn't quite match mine, but I like that she seems to genuinely care about the group. Other members do, too, I'm sure, but I find it the most noticeable in Umeko.
  • Ramu Tamagawa: Like Karen, I haven't found anything interesting about her and she ranks slightly lower in the looks department, in my opinion.
  • Rurika Yokoyama: I've always been puzzled by how popular she is. I perceive her as rather bland and uninteresting.
  • Manami Nomoto: She can be funny, but she needs to get a grip on her weight issues.
  • Serina Nagano: I can honestly say that I can not recall any moment in which I thought that she was either pretty, funny, talented or in any way likable. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but I think Idoling!!! could do well without her.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2012, 04:45:47 AM »
I have shifted my stance on some members in the past few months especially after how TIF 2012 went about as well as reflecting in context with the latest single. And instead of using a ranking system, I'm going to use a numerical grading system to further illustrate as to which members are not making the necessary grade to be a contributing asset for the group going forward in my mind. I'm going to keep the comment short for the failing members as it's not my intention to bash them in detail, but just pointing out that they are not on par with my standard should suffice as I don't want to upset the moderators again for my unfiltered criticism.
Perfect score = 100 pts
Failing score = Below 60 pts

85 pts Endo Mai - Oh! How could Maipuru not get over 90 pts you ask? Well, as much as I consider Maipuru to be a very important and crucial member, I have to concede that she's past her prime due to her age within the context of idol industry. I'm wondering how the management is going to promote her going forward besides being the leader and a key vocalist. I somewhat foresee that her presence within the group becoming less prominent especially if the management thinks she's nearing the point of graduating. I really hope they do something special with Maipuru for a future single CD as I feel that they are not even close to fully utilizing her vocal talents.

82 pts Tachibana Yurika - As a whole package Yurikaru is in her prime right now and it's best that she is put to good use as much as possible. The downside however is that there's not much room for an upside, unless she proves me wrong by becoming an even better singer, which I don't see happening. Granted, she could still polish up on her character and such, but she already has a very distinctive Kansai character, and if need be she can transform into other characters on the fly so utilizing her versatility should be just as effective.

80 pts Asahi Nao - It was very close between Asahi and Yurika but the difference to me was that Yurika has better looks than Asahi. I feel that Asahi is past her prime a bit, she doesn't look as cute as she did 2 years ago, and at this point in her Idoling career there's very little upside. Maybe there's a leader role for her down the road which may change the dynamics of her presence within the group drastically, but she remains to be one of the core members regardless.

78 pts Ishida Karen - Her stock really shoot up for me lately, she looks absolutely gorgeous these days, hard to believe that she's still only 16, and it's not that she looks older, she just looks fully mature without compromising her youth. Her calm, intellectual demeanor is just a breath of fresh air among a group full of baka members, Idoling finally has a member who is rather normal, for the lack of a better word. I also like her deep singing voice, with some practice she could be a force in the performance department.

76 pts Ito Yuna - In terms of character, she has made a significant stride, before I knew she has become one of the funny members, and her talk is not as incoherent as it used to be, and just like Yurika, she's in her prime days with a possibility of a greater upside than Yurika, it all depends on how smoothly she transitions from a teenager into an adult.

75 pts Okawa Ai - Her prime was last year before getting the JJ gig. She just puts on too much make-up now, behaves way too goofy, and overall seems to be trying too hard. But my god she has an amazing figure for sure.

72 pts Hashimoto Kaede - While her brilliance remains the same, I'm beginning to sense that her youth character is becoming stale. Even though she can keep it going, I'm hoping that she gradually transforms her character into something brand new down the road. Because of her abundance of talent it's hard to pinpoint her prime days, but even if she's had her prime days as a younger member, she'll likely to have another prime days as an older member as well. I've regarded Kaepyon as having the cutest face, but shockingly I've come to prefer Karen's gorgeous face even more.

70 pts Yokoyama Rurika - Like Maipuru, her vocal talent alone gives her a passing grade, and her tall figure also gives her extra points. I'd just wish that she would show more enthusiasm in the CS show that she does in the one with Umeko. Oddly enough, even though she's clearly a very attractive gal, I never seem to get aroused seeing her like I do with Aichan.

70 pts Miyake Hitomi - Although not as distinguished as Yurika, Miyake has become somewhat of a versatile member in my eyes, she's not the best at anything, but she does everything very nicely. Although she's now considered one of the senior members, I feel that her prime days are yet to come, her character is such that it becomes even better with age.

70 pts Takahashi Kurumi - She's just very raw in many ways that I can't really analyze her in specifics, but the potential and ability is clearly there, and just like Karen, I like her persona. Her prime days are coming and hopefully sooner than later because I don't know if Idoling will be around for too long.

68 pts Tonooka Erica - She can sing, that's pretty much it. I hate it that she has become this actress diva who doesn't want to get her hands dirty in the variety department any more. In turn she has become very passive, and non-distinct. I have totally over-valued her before being that she's been there from the beginning, but it's hard to deny that she has become less entertaining as time went by.

66 pts Kurata Ruka - I don't know why but I suddenly find Ruka quite adorable. Although she relies heavily being a tag team with Kaepyon for the most part, Ruka has slowly won me over in having a worthy sharp-tongue. Yes, the weight issue, but I'm not too concerned about it, it just seems more like a growth phase more than anything.

63 pts Tamagawa Ramu - The grade score is more of a reflection on her potential that is yet to be presented, she could very well shoot herself up a lot by proving her worth going forward. One thing that's holding her down is her looks, it just screams that her looks are not going to last as she has one of those looks that favors being youthful rather than looking adult.

60 pts Nagano Serina - Being scored so low as a 2nd gen. member really says it all, but it's also a shame at the same time because Serina could've been salvaged. Initial impression is that Serina lost her direction after losing the youngest member character, but the fundamental problem laid even deeper, in that she doesn't understand the concept of Idoling still in that her cutesy character is simply out of place. She probably should get a failing grade, but the saving grace is that she's not really an annoyance, just irrelevant.

60 pts Ojima Chika - If it was any other member, she'd gotten a much higher score, but knowing what I know and her past incidents, I simply can't entrust my faith on her. But overall, she is improving, so she gets a passing score.

59 pts Kawamura Yui - As much as it pains me to do this, I have to put my personal feelings aside and give her a failing score on the basis of her looks. She's old but she looks even older, and that's not helping the group. When I saw that she got to do a lot of things at TIF 2012, it almost seemed like a last hurrah as if to say "Alright Umeko, this is your last shot to showcase yourself before we cut you loose, have a go at it kid." by the management. At any case, her years of service is greatly appreciated, and it's time to part ways.

59 pts Sakai Hitomi - She just doesn't seem to be involved anymore, she was absent from the last two Summer Vacation DVDs, she's the only one missing in the upcoming Oiso live. She got drunk on TV during TIF 2012. The only time she got attention lately was crying on top 10 Most Liked Idoling episode. I detect a pattern. Her countryside looks never got me hooked, and it doesn't look better with age. She's a nice comic relief but that's just not enough for someone who's been a member for so long.

59 pts Goto Kaoru - She has looks and still is young, but I'm not seeing any improvement, won't say she's hopeless, but I wouldn't bet on her either.

59 pts Kiyoku Reia - She's just way too young that she sticks out in an unflattering way. Even if she has great potential, it's highly unlikely that I'll ever get to witness it as it's going to be a few years away at the least and god knows what kind of world we'll be living in then. This is really nothing against her, she's just not the right fit for the group.

52 pts Kikuchi Ami - I really should blame the staff as much as Kikuchi herself, but the point is there's simply too much of Kikuch. Her over-enthusiasm and over-activity is disturbing the harmony that is Idoling to the core. Kikuchi is over-doing EVERYTHING, she want to run the whole show now, and to think that just a year ago she was one of the unpopular members who had about the same face-time as Sakai did, that is scary in its proper perspective. Kikuchi has totally lost it. She's out of control. I don't know how much longer I can take her. I rather see her graduate than ruin Idoling.

45 pts Nomoto Manami - A bit similar to Kikuchi in that she is too much and over-does it. Kikuchi at least used to get what Idoling was suppose to be about, with Nomoto she doesn't get it, and she's a mess. 

Offline Joe

• Member+
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
I'm the only one who thinks the chubby Nomoto is cute?  :shakeit:

Offline Hajime_Saito

• Member+
  • ざわ・・・ざわ・・・
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
Well, given her latest shenanigans (weight aside), I think she's evolving into a second Yazawa but isn't really doing that much of a good job in doing so.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2012, 11:14:32 PM »
Nomoto will never be a second Yazawa. (nor will Ojima for that matter)  :smhid (I may be biased on this, but I think everyone will agree)

She may be evolving, but over-doing it is not the way (for example: the crying after being defeated by Ojima and in the batsu-minton game in #901).
After these antics, she's actually dropped a bit on my ranking...

Well, Nomoto does have her fans though, otherwise she wouldn't be the one with the most solo dvds among 4th gen.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2012, 12:54:32 AM »
lol, I must be one of the few who're loving the current Nomoto.

If the Nomoto we see in R no Housoku is her 'on' mode then the Nomoto in Idoling!!! is her 'off' mode, or the more genuine side of her so to say. While no one will be able to replace Yazawa, Nomoto is definitely doing a great job in filling the void she left. She's becoming more forward, daring, and I reckon she currently has the most chemistry with Masuno after Amimi. She even clicked with Hamaguchi who barely knew anything about the members.

Dodgeball has nothing to do with her character and contrary to what she believes, I can't see how she lost anything after the battle with Ojima. She's just a little too passionate like 92% of people from Kansai, but since when has crying been a problem as a member of Idoling!!!?

And as a side note, Nomoto also has great interaction with fans during handshake events. She's like found the perfect line between idol/comedian.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2012, 09:57:23 AM »
Crying like Asahi or Okawa is okay, but bursting and yelling it out in tears like she's going to die for 5 minutes is a little over the top...

That doesn't mean I'm saying she isn't trying her best or anything, she's just not my type (and I'm not talking about her weight, Yazawa has had her ups and downs in terms of weight as well). Everyone has different tastes which is why everybody's ranking will be different.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
Crying like Asahi or Okawa is okay, but bursting and yelling it out in tears like she's going to die for 5 minutes is a little over the top...

Now that's a little hypocritical since that's exactly what Okawa did, but in her own fashion since she doesn't have the vocals for it.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bestie - Pitapat