JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Baby Don`t Cry

Author Topic: [Movie] My Sassy Girl: Hollywood Version  (Read 13394 times)

Offline shusakusai

• ecchi
My Sassy Girl: Hollywood Version
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 02:32:12 AM »
I agree with all of the negative posts here, hollywood has never impressed me with many movies, I've basicaly given up on western entertainment with a few exceptions. I believe this movie will be nothing compared to the original.

Offline Carisear

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 02:40:55 AM »
I'm sure it will be a good movie on it's own merit, but for FANS of the original, it will never live up.

much like THE DEPARTED ... it was a decent movie on it's own, but since i was comparing it to Infernal Affairs, which is *MY* favorite movie of all time, it wasn't nearly as good.

Elisha is a good choice though:)  i've loved her since PMK :)  the director will have a huge role in a movie like this.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 04:15:40 AM »
I just wonder if it's gonna be as good as the original. Well we don't know yet  but i think the original is better.  cuz that how it is most of the time when they tried stuff like this. The loved the original, the story, the acting, the comedy, the actress and the sad part.  it's all great.

Hollywood has really been copying off alot from asian cinema in my opinion.  some are good, some are not so good when compared to the original.  

It's the same with the "Departed" and "Infernal Affairs".  to me, the Departed is good in it's own way, but compared to the original, it's okay cuz Infernal Affairs is such a masterpiece, i loved that movie, and the theme song.  it had an all-star cast as well.  some of them my heroes of sorts, like tony leung and andy lau.  

Anyway it's just my opinion i'll make the comparision when it comes out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:27:00 AM by bigdnm01 »

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 03:18:13 PM »
I think Hollywood might actually manage to pull this one off. MSG is such a crazy film that I think it could be put into any culture and somehow work. Elisha Cuthbert is a good choice, a much better choice than they could have made anyway. I probably won't bother seeing this until it shows up on TV but I'll be interested to hear what people think of it.

Offline anirudh

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
my sassy girl was a great movie ..hope hollywood doesnt screw it

Offline maiden

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 10:38:19 PM »
GOD helps us ........... no Hollywood version please
still an useless adaptation and without interest .........
i'm BAD in english ................

http://re4l-m4iden.deviantart.com/

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »
My Sassy Girl is one of the best movies ever made ....... hope they won't mess it up >_< """"" .........

Offline liquidcell

• -=Veronin=-
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »
arghhh they will mess it T_T but i will watch it coz elisa cuthbert is the only reason :)

Offline leeka

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 07:37:57 PM »
I think it will have a diff feeling, just like "The Departed"...

Offline anythursday

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 08:23:37 PM »
ehhhhhhhhhh. i'm only interested b/c its elisha cuthbert. haha i personally think i may prefer the original version. but we'll see.

Offline michael08

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: My Sassy Girl: Hollywood Version
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »
if it is not elisha cuthbert i beg to disagree... :angry:

but since  elisha cuthbert will play the role of sassy girl well all i want to say HELL YEAH!!!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 12:05:52 AM »
My Sassy Girl was one of the first korean movies i watched, loved it so, i started watching several others.  basically it was the one that started it all with me and korean cinema. full of romance and comedy...

but anywayz....
even though i wonder how the remake would be, i'm not entirely all for it. There has been several hollywood remake of spectacular asian films... and for me, the original one is better.  and other than remaking it. i'm all for the idea of showing asian cinema more into American mainstream media.  the general public needs to know how great the Asian cinema is instead of taking their ideas and turn it hollywood style. 

I would also like to point out another korean masterpiece turned hollywood, The lake house, a remake of Il Mare, also starring Jun ji-hyun.  Il Mare was a great movie, and although i never actually watch the Lake house myself, i heard there were many negative reviews of it.  it just strengthens my point... keep the original. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 12:26:56 AM by BigDnm01 »

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »
[youtube=425,350]VXsMTxrsQR4[/youtube] The trailer
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »
looks fun.
Still thinks the original is better though. kinda not fair to judge it now without even watching, rite?  but knowing hollywood remakes of Asian cinemas......
i'll probably still watches it though.

now, in the trailer, i saw alot of familiar scenes. watching it really makes me think of the original, especially the squash scenes and the kendo which is hilarious.  maybe i'll watch the original again tonight.  that movie never gets old...

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »
I don't know ........ Hollywood remakes are usually sucks ............

and the trailer sucks ..... she's NOT sassy at all !!!!!   

if that's sassy, then ALL girls I know are !!!

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 12:34:38 PM »
knowing hollywood, they gonna fuck up the ending and make it all happy again

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 12:41:17 PM »
EPIC FAIL!

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 04:18:20 AM »
they need a girl who can portray both dark and the light parts of a character, and i'm afraid Elisha just can't bring them out. It doesn't help as well when the original movie is such a big hit.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 06:36:19 AM »
The songs they chose makes me hate it already.

this version looks be totally americanized, and I usually don't like hollywood romantic comedies. I love asian ones though. There are a bunch of moments in the original that I wonder how they will adapt to this or if they even will.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 06:53:35 AM »
Maybe unfair to judge but I don't really care, I hate the lok of this. Seriously the original is one of my favourite films and I was annoyed when I first heard about this, now I've seen taht trailer I'm even more annoyed. Maybe it's just me but almost every thing in there made me cringe and the acting from Elisha seemed completely wooden as hell. Not happy about this...

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Baby Don`t Cry