JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bird - Game

Author Topic: Of Roses and Fame  (Read 10329 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Of Roses and Fame
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:53 AM »
I started this sometime in early August and found it today when I was going through some stuff. It was supposed to take place in the near future, but it is the future now... I began this before Innocence but a lot of my future ideas for that are from this, so I guess they're connected. It was meant to be a stand alone story though, so read at your own discretion.

Of Roses and Fame

“Aibon!” Tsuji shouted, limping over to tackle her girlfriend. She felt her heart lift at the contact and her eyes welled up with tears. It seemed like it had been longer than six months since the last time she had seen her best friend and she had really needed to talk to her.

Kago sat down heavily in the chair outside Tsunku’s office, Tsuji resting on her lap with her head still buried against the younger girl’s shoulder. She felt the waterworks start against her shirt and began to tear up as well, “Don’t cry sweetie. You’re going to make me cry, too.” She begged quietly into her lover’s ear.

Nono laughed lightly, “It’s been a rough day.” She pulled back and gestured towards her leg, “I was just about to call you, when Tsunku called me here. I really needed to hear your voice. But this is better than I could have imagined.” She leaned comfortably against her friend’s shoulder, kissing her gently on the cheek.

Aibon winced slightly at the reminder. The cast hadn’t been off long before the doctors had determined that Nono would need physical therapy if she ever hoped to get rid off her limp. The therapy, mixed with voice training and (easy) dance lessons, filled her days with pain and frustration.

She had been calling her girlfriend almost everyday, just to keep from breaking down in front of the others. They didn’t even really talk about their problems, just enjoyed each other’s voice. It was therapeutic on both ends.

“Tsunku wanted to talk about maybe having me come back in the winter concert this year. But I couldn’t sit still, so he kicked me out.” Aibon laughed shakily, tears in her voice.

“So, I guess we should go listen to him, huh?” Nono swallowed her feelings and put up a cheerful smile, surprising her girlfriend. What had happened since she’d left? Where was her crybaby best friend? This strong, unfamiliar girl would definitely take some getting used to.

Tsuji led the way into the office, dragging her lover behind her, “What’s this about a concert?”

----Well? What do you think. I'm trying to make this angsty. Eventually.

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »
Hmm...angst...My raydar has gone into over drive..at the moment it reads

definate signs of angst

I cant make a judgement on what this story is like. Its only a short chapter.

to repeat what I have said a million times before -
Im not a huge W fan
and
Your writing skills are unbelievable

I like the title also..

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »
Second part. Probably won't update this one for a few days because I actually need to write it first...

“Well? Now what?” Aibon asked dizzily, stepping out of Tsunku’s office. The man sure
could talk when he got excited. At least he was glad to have her back.

“We have to tell Rika-chan and Yossui!” Nono responded, now genuinely happy. She skipped down the hallway towards the elevators and waited for her girlfriend impatiently. The petulance in her face made Aibon laugh, there was the girl she had fallen for.

“Third floor, please.” Kago gestured playfully to the buttons, seeing the number already lit up. “Huh? You’re headed to the third floor as well? What a coincidence!”

Nono giggled and pulled the younger girl forward into a deep kiss, thankful that they didn’t have cameras in the elevator. “I missed you, Aibon. So much.” This time there were no tears, only relief.

The two continued to make-out until the dinging doors signaled their arrival. Taking a second to straighten their appearance, the girls set forth onto the dressing room floor. Marching down the empty hallway like some demented soldiers, the girl paused at the door to Rika’s dressing room.

“I’m sure we’ll find Yossui here, too.” Nono knocked lightly on the door. The younger girl was surprised at this also, when did they ever knock?

Hearing a frantic ‘Just a minute!’ Tsuji grinned, “I always knock now,” she explained, “Ever since I accidentally walked in on them once.”

Ah, that made sense, Kago nodded in understanding. They waited a moment for the okay to head in, before entering the room.

Rika sat at the low table, slightly flushed, but lit up at the sight of the younger girls, “Aibon!” At this, Yossui poked her head out of the closet and also exclaimed at seeing her.

Nono giggled at them, “At it again, huh?” she took a seat across from Rika, watching Yossui join them and try to discreetly hand the older girl her shorts back.

“Oh like you two never played around in the dressing rooms. “ Yossui sneered, motioning Aibon to sit.

“We never got caught.” The youngest replied, falling easily into their old pattern of playful banter.

The older girls proceeded to question Kago on everything- what she’d been up to, how she was handling everything that happened, what was going to happen now- among other things. The youngest gripped her girlfriend’s hand throughout most of it, afraid that she would say something to make the other fourth gen alienate her. But they stayed supportive and never judged anything she said, even unintentionally.

Eventually, someone noticed the time and all realized they had other things to do, and the gathering broke up. The older girls said their goodbyes with motherly kisses on Aibon’s forehead, welcoming her back and wishing her well. The younger girls soon found themselves outside the dressing room.

“Back home? “ Nono asked quietly.

Aibon sighed nostalgically, thinking of the apartment she had previously shared with her lover. She had certainly missed that place. “Let’s go home.” She nodded in agreement.

----Thanks Mikan for your comment. I will eventually turn you to the cute side though!

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »
Quote from: rndmnwierd
They didn’t even really talk about their problems, just enjoyed each other’s voice. It was therapeutic on both ends.

This is so sweet. I could just imagine it. AWWWWWWWW :heart:

Quote from: rndmnwierd
----Well? What do you think. I'm trying to make this angsty. Eventually.

This is angsty already. I couldn't decide to smile or cry. I think I ended up looking pretty weird :lol:

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:15:06 AM »
Yeah...I want more please! Oh yeah, I changed my sn to Suki na Senpai
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 03:50:12 AM »
Whoo, third chappie!

Stepping into the apartment, Aibon breathed in the air with a smile, “You’ve cleaned?”

Nono nodded, even though she knew the other girl couldn’t see it behind her, “It’s technically your place and I’ve just been staying here, so I figured I should clean it up some.”

The younger girl turned to cast her a concerned glance, “You didn’t move back in with your parents?”

“No.” Tsuji shook her head, “They're still not talking to me. Well, daddy does sometimes, but you know how my mom is. Especially after…” here she made vague gestures that were somehow clearly understood.

Aibon just nodded silently, feeling guilty. She was the reason her girlfriend wasn’t talking to her parents. Nono’s mother never approved of their relationship when they announced it to their families, the exact opposite of Kago’s mother, and kicked Tsuji out.

Good thing she was already practically living with Aibon anyway. Though the youngest was sure that her girlfriend missed some of the things still trapped at her parent’s house. ‘I’m going to get it back one day.’ she fondly remembered Nono saying once a long time ago.

A light shove brought her back to the present, “Are you just going to stand there or what?” the older girl brushed past her playfully, kicking off her shoe and not bothering with slippers. Aibon followed suit.

Tsuji flopped down on the couch and propped her right leg up on the table, ignoring proper etiquette and sighing in relief. Kago took a seat a cushions length away and slowly laid down, placing her head in the older girl’s lap.

Smiling down at her lover, Nono began stroking her hair gently, and the girls enjoyed each other’s company in silence. Until, surprising both girls, Aibon broke down crying. It was like six months worth of guilt and pain just exploded all at once, though she had cried before. And then the words poured forth.

“I’m sorry Nono. I’m sorry for what I did; it was stupid, beyond stupid. I fucked up both of our careers and lives. I’m sorry for what I did to you and to the other girls. Sorry I’ve been such an inconvenience to everyone. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Please don’t hate me.”

Her words became muffled when Nono pulled her lover up into her lap and cradled the back of her head. Kago buried her face in her girlfriend’s shoulder, sobbing so hard it felt as though her insides were being rearranged. The older girl could do nothing but hold her girlfriend and sniffle back her own tears, waiting for the flood to stop.

Swallowing past the lump in her throat, Nono kissed her lover softly, tasting her salty tears, and whispered against her lips, “I love you, Aibon. There is nothing you can do that would make me hate you. Nothing.”

The encouragement almost sent the younger girl into tears again, but she managed to hold back, “But what about last fall?” she asked quietly.

Shaking off the bad memories, Nono lifted Kago’s chin so that she could look into her eyes. “Hey. Not even that made me hate you.”

Aibon guiltily reflected upon the hell she had caused her best friend last year, especially the noticeable effects during the fall. “You got so skinny.” She marveled as she had a hundred times before. “And I was such a bitch. How did you put up with me?”

Nono shook her head, “Forget about it. It’s in the past. Besides, don’t you want to be cheered up?”

The younger girl knew when her lover didn’t want to talk about something, so she just nodded, lying back down on the couch and pulling the older girl to lay beside her. Letting her lover kiss away her remaining tears, Aibon snuggled into the other girl’s chest her exhaustion sending her into a deep sleep almost immediately.

Watching over her younger lover, Nono was wide awake. Talking about last year had brought back all the memories she had tried to forget. Memories of seeing the girl she loved flaunting her relationship with a man. Memories of hearing how much better he was than her. Memories of the worried looks the other members of H!P gave her when she started losing weight.

Shaking her head against such thoughts Tsuji tried to get some sleep. Even in her dreams, though, she was haunted by the guilt in Aibon’s eyes. The same guilt she had seen when the younger girl realized exactly what her selfishness had caused Nono.

----Ah tears... And thnx Tanachan, I'll change that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 04:01:53 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 05:19:48 AM »
Aw. That was so....angsty! And sad, and sweet and I just want to cry now! Good job, even if you did make me want to cry.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »
Whoo! ....That is all...

Blinking a couple times in confusion, Aibon realized that she was not where she had fallen asleep. Pushing aside the covers, she stood from the bed, straightening out what she recognized as Tsuji’s pajamas. Hearing voices in the living room, she stumbled down the hall towards them, snagging her glasses on the way out the door.

Makoto looked up from her conversation with Nono and greeted Aibon with a cheerful smile, “Hey! It’s good to see you again. Been a while, huh?” she stood and walked over for a hug.

Still groggy, the younger girl could only allow the energetic hug, barely managing to stay on her feet. She was swept up and deposited on the love seat next to her girlfriend.

“Makoto?” the engine was going but the wheels weren’t quite connecting with the tracks. The others girls laughed at her expression.

“You ready to go back to work today?” Nono asked, putting an arm around Aibon’s shoulders and squeezing her lightly. The younger girl looked at her for a minute, slowly processing the question, and then nodded.

Makoto shifted uncomfortably in the chair across from them, “Yeah, about that. Some of the girls aren’t so happy about you coming back.”

“Eh? What do you mean?” Nono seemed to pull the younger girl in protectively at that.

“I mean that Tsunku announced your return. And not everyone likes it. The sixth gen and Koharu don’t seem to have a problem, but they aren’t quite as opinionated as the rest of us. Gaki-san was pleased and Yoshizawa-san, of course, but I haven’t heard from any of the graduated members, except Ishikawa-san. Everyone is going to be there today, though. The entire Project.” the way she said it made it seem like a dire warning.

The young lovers shared a glance; it wasn’t like they had a choice in going today. Nono gently kissed Aibon’s forehead, “They have a problem with you, then they have a problem with me. W, together forever.” she held out a peace sign, smiling when her girlfriend’s fingers pressed against her own.

Makoto watched all of this with a warm fuzzy feeling growing over the dread in her stomach. Maybe they would be alright. “C’mon. Time to go.”

----Wow, that has to be the most blatant set up I've ever done in my life.

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Good Job on this fan fic, I want to read more (and i hope it gets sad, I love sad fan fics XD)

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 03:53:02 AM »
I like sad fanfics, just not when Nono gets shot, and everyone cries and gets sadder because they're getting wet from their crying, and they explode, and then their guacamole explodes.

(Yay 5th Avocado!)
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »
Short update, just cause I've been neglecting this story.

Walking in the door, Aibon felt immediately self-conscious. The staff either stared at her or walked away, though some smiled encouragingly. The only thing that kept her from bolting was the grip Nono had on her hand. The first people to approach them were the Melon girls.

“Hey ‘Bon.” Saito said neutrally. The tone sent the young duo on edge and tension flew across their shoulders.

“Hey.” The younger answered cautiously. It was silent for a minute, until Hitomi reached out and pulled the pair into a bone-crushing hug.

“Welcome back.” And just like that, the atmosphere cleared and, smiling, the embrace was returned.

“It’s been…. quiet without you.” Masae said when the girls were released, patting both on the head.

“You mean this one,” Aibon pointed her thumb at Nono, “hasn’t been giving you trouble?”

“Well, she’s been trying, but she’s much less destructive when she doesn’t follow your lead.” Megumi accepted a tight squeeze from the duo before they directed themselves towards Ayumi, nearly sending her to the ground.

The idols made small talk for a while longer, then decide to go face the music. Lightened from their first warm reception, Aibon led her lover to the main waiting area, where most of the others would be gathered. This wasn’t so bad after all.

Then she saw Yuko marching towards her, expression hard, and swallowed that last thought.

---Comments appreciated.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 07:35:49 PM »
Aw c'mon, Yuko can't be mad. :cry: It's da BON for pete's sake!

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Loser87

Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 10:15:18 PM »
Then again Yuko is Yuko..I imagine severe yelling and throwing cookies ;.;

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »
oh no...what will Yuko do..??

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 03:13:07 AM »
Yuko has gotta welcome Aibon back, I mean its Kago :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 07:18:35 PM »
Finally, I update here. I'm only one chapter ahead of myself, if that makes any sense, so....

“N-Nakazawa-san.” the woman stopped in front of them and studied them coldly.

“You’re back, huh?” The girls were confused; it wasn’t like Yuko to state the obvious like that. They waited for more.

“…”

“…”

Finally Yuko shifted on her feet, sighing lightly and giving the two a lopsided grin, “When we all have some vice or another, it’s pretty hypocritical to condemn you for smoking.”

Relief washed over Aibon and then annoyance, “You guys are gonna give me heart failure if you keep pretending to be mad at me!”

“Who’s pretending?” a menacing voice called from behind them. The duo spun around to see a steaming Fujimoto with her hands on her hips, glaring daggers at the lot of them.

“Don’t you have puppies to be kicking?” Nakazawa was exaggerating a little, but the point got across.

“Well actually, I’m done with that for today.” Miki gestured to a couple of crying Berryz, “You should probably go see if there’s any permanent damage.”

Reluctant to leave two of her favorite people at Miki’s mercy, Yuko turned to ask them what they thought. She found resolve in their faces and knew they’d be okay. With one last look back, Yuko left to tend to the kids.

Nono instinctively stepped in front of her girlfriend, somewhat blocking her from Miki’s poisonous gaze. It didn’t stop her words though.

“How dare you come back, at least Yaguchi had the decency to resign.” Miki seemed to tower over the duo, making them clench their fists. “Don’t look at me like that. Someone has to say it, you’re not kids anymore and they should stop babying you!”

“It’s not babying if you don’t pick someone apart like a vulture!” Nono was unafraid of the demoness, she’d gone so long without Aibon, now that she was back nothing was going to take her away.

“I don’t seem to remember talking to you.” The cold tone sent chills down their spines.

“I like you Miki, but I won’t hesitate to make you an enemy.” Aibon was surprised at the amount of hatred that filled her lover’s voice.

“By siding with her,” the contempt pooled on the floor, “You already have.” Message made clear, Miki stalked away.

Aibon cautiously placed her hands on Nono’s stiff shoulders, seeing the tension drain away at the contact, and then led her to one of the couches. “C’mon, didn’t you say that you shouldn’t be on your feet for too long?”

Nono silently complied, pulling her lover down beside her, “Damn her, what right does she have to say that?”

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, baby. You can’t change the way they think.” Aibon brought Nono’s leg to rest on her knee, gently massaging the calf.

“Doesn’t make her right though.” The older girl brought her hand up to her forehead, rubbing away at her temples, “Mmm, thanks. That feels good.”

“Don’t worry. Everything will work out.” Aibon was surprisingly cheerful after their encounter.

“How do you know?” Nono watched a few of the staff walk by with disappointed looks and felt shame for her friend.

“I have faith in you. And in us.” Aibon glanced around to make sure no one was looking, and then pressed a quick kiss to Nono’s lips. The older girl was surprised at her audacity, so soon after the scandal, but not complaining.

“Let’s go find some of the others.” Just as she said that, Konno walked by carrying a box of random junk.

“Kon-chan!” Aibon called out happily.

Konno took one look and walked away. Nono watched all of Aibon’s faith fade out of her and doubt begin to set in.

---Things are happening too fast in the real world for me to keep up in my stories...

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »
Nono sighed, gently rubbing the sobbing Aibon’s back. As soon as Konno had left, Nono saw the tears filling her lover’s eyes and swept her off to the privacy of their dressing room. She knew that the two had had a special sort of bond, kinda like what Nono and Makoto had, so she was sympathetic and, yet, so angry.

‘How could Konno do this? I thought they were friends. Friends aren’t supposed to leave friends in the lurch. It’s not right!’ Nono tried not to let her emotions color her outward appearance and did a pretty good job, but Aibon could always read her like a book.

“Don’t be mad at Kon-Kon, she didn’t mean it.” It was amazing that Aibon could defend the reason for her tears like that; Nono had no choice but to burst her bubble.

“Konno gave you up, abandoned you. What kind of friend does that?” As soon as the words left her mouth, Nono knew she shouldn’t have said them.

“Friends like me, remember? And don’t talk bad about Kon-Kon, if Makoto had done the same to you, you wouldn’t want me to badmouth her.” It seemed that a fight was imminent unless things were quickly calmed, the last thing Nono wanted to do was fight, but she couldn’t just lie.

“Yes, you were a pretty bad friend back then, but you made it up to me and all was forgiven.” though never forgotten. “And I’m sorry for saying that in the first place, okay, it was judgmental.”

For a moment, it seemed that the truthful approach would, once again, fail and yelling would ensue, but Aibon just sighed and turned to slump into Nono’s arms. “I’m tired, Nono, so tired. It just seems like the days will never end.”

“Time moves faster in Tokyo, just like everything else does. Before you know it, the fans will have forgotten your scandal and moved on to the next one. ^C’est la vie.^ Such is life.” Nono shifted so that she could prop her leg up on the vanity and still hold Aibon comfortably.

“The only good thing about all this is that I lost weight. Though I’ll probably gain it all back the first week I’m here.” Aibon looked down at her slim tummy, mentally wishing it goodbye.

“Is that a good thing? I liked you chubby.” Aibon looked at Nono in disbelief.

“Really?” Aibon’s voice was flat.

“Yes really, I liked having more to hold onto. Although…” Nono moved her eyes to her girlfriend’s prominent chest, “Maybe it all just moved up.”

“Really?” Aibon repeated in a more surprised tone, “I hadn’t noticed.”

“Well, I’m an expert.” Nono puffed up proudly at her absurd announcement, not wilting at all when Aibon laughed.

“An expert on what? Breasts?”

“No, I’m an expert on your breasts.” Nono jokingly reached up to squeeze the above mentioned breasts. Aibon swatted her hands away.

“Well, Dr. Nono, since it’s been so long, maybe I could make an appointment with you tonight, say 8:00, and if you’re good, the night may end in an examination.”

Nono stared for a second, “That’s quite possibly the most erotic date offer you’ve ever given me. How can I say no?”

“Perv.”
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:53:25 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline hanh

• ecchi
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 08:15:40 PM »
I'm not a fan of the gruesome twosome, but I'm really curious how things are gonna turn out.  Miki and Konno's reaction to Kago was so interesting... I wonder how their relationships are in real life after the incident.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 06:47:31 AM »
Bump.... *is sad at bumping her own story*

I heard that Maki immediately sent Aibon an e-mail and Aibon said she wouldn't smoke anymore....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:54:30 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline cheesesticks

• Member+
Of Roses and Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 07:44:57 AM »
^I'm glad to hear that. Smoking isn't good. (but nature is lol. whoawhoawhoa)
---
Anyways.

:o
Aibon got completely shafted by Konkon!
I like seeing the various reactions to Aibon's presence. Here you have Nono being in 7th heaven and then you have Miki acting as a character foil to Nono. I'll be looking out for more conflicts between those two in the future...

(lol @ Miki beating up the Berryz kids XD)
J'aime le fromage.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bird - Game