JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Dokidoki Morning

Author Topic: break  (Read 9314 times)

Offline erink

• Member+
break
« on: February 15, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »
Prologue
People say kids and money are a dangerous combination. Like fire and gasoline or something of that nature.
But I think that blind devotion, a false sense of self control, and curiosity are worse.
That's what got me here in the first place. It's how I ended up like this, in this situation with these people.
Most of which happen to be kids, with money. Funny how things like that work out.
Realistically, it was alot of things that culminated to this. And what I said, while  partially true couldn't come close to summarizing everything.
It was just the main points.
Just to give you an idea.
Of course I didn't mention everything. If I did, I wouldn't have a story to tell you.
And belive me, it's one hell of a story.

Offline freya86

• Fangirl Extraordinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
Hm ... does sound interesting. I'm curious what this'll turn out to be ^^

// renai revolution ~ a j-pop/h!p slash community~ // yuko . kei . aika . koha . kanna . nacchi //

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
break
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:59:46 PM »
That is an interesting teaser. Can't wait to see the rest of the story.

Offline erink

• Member+
Begin
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
I had been studying hard an entire week. In fact I'm pretty sure everyone was.  Well not everybody. There are a few "delinquents".There was a big history test, and remembering all those names and dates were getting to me. It has always been a challenge for me. I can either remember the name but not the accomplishment, the date but not the significance, or sometimes I manage to remember quite a substantial chunk of it.
Then of course I mix and match things. Like my brain says "Hey, I remembered all of those names and dates. Not my fault you can't put them together."
Yes, history can be a problematic subject.
Friday after class, walking through the hall, I was completely relived to be over with it. I strolled, exhausted. I felt somebody slam me from behind and latch onto my arm.
"Ahh," I sighed. "How'd you do?"
"Ace'd it naturally."
"Naturally."
She put her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms on my waist making it rather difficult to continue walking. It felt like I was in danger of falling.

I didn't like it.

"How'd it go?" She asked.
"I don't know. I messed up that part about the Battle of-"
"Enough. No history. History is over. It's friday, I've had enough of history. Just good or bad? All I wanted to know. Test discussion is over."
"I think it went..ahhh, I don't know. I probably did bad."
"You always say that! You probably did really good."
"You say the exact same thing after I say it. Everytime."
"Yeah but I like being right, and when I say that I'm right. So as long as you keep saying that I'll just keep saying that back. Cause I'll be right."
"Anyway, I don't know."
"Well, no use thinking about it now."
She let go of me and swung herself around so she was standing in front of me. I stoped walking and she looked around the hall, leaning up against the wall and looking at me conspiratorially.
"Hey, hey-"
"huh?"
"I heard there's going to be this big party."
Imediately I scrunched up my face causing her to scowl disapprovingly.
"Come on, Eri invited me. Well, us."
"Aichan..." I whined.
"No." She whined back. "Come on you've been studying for that test for ever. Let's just go out tonight. It'll be fun."
"I really don't-"
"Come on. Everybody's gonna be there."
"I don't know."
"You know you know." She said playfully." Come on, it'll be fun. I'm gonna have to twist your arm to get you there but when I do, you know you'll have a good time."
"Aichan" I whined again. Desperate.
"Rissaaa"
She knew all my tricks. Most 'arguments' followed this pattern, whining and saying each others names repeatedly dragging them out making our voices jump. Teenagers.
"Come on, we are kids. We are supposed to go to parties. It is expected of us."
"But-"
"But nothing. You're parents won't even care as long as you are back by eleven thirty. We can even leave early if you are going to be difficult about it."
I continued to look back at her pleading. I could tell I was fighting a losing battle. She smiled and hit me on the arm
"Come on. We need to get you out of the house."
"Okay."
She smiled and shouted.
"Yeaaah!"
Some people stopped and looked over at her but it didn't phase her.
"I'll be over at eight."
She hit me on the arm again and walked away.

I wonder.
  I wonder
              if I put up a more of a fight
              if I said no
              if I took her somewhere else
              if I stopped her
              if things would be different.

-------------
When I format the text, it changes the font.  Any tips?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 10:49:37 PM by erink »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
break
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:29:52 AM »
No tips, I can barely find my way around the internet without crashing my computer, just wanted to say I'm hooked and I look forward to more installments.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
break
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 05:54:20 AM »
History drives my crazy too :ONfainted:

Why do I feel that this fic is gonna be tragic somehow? I'm a huge huge fan of this already. The prime reason is well, the girls you chose to write on I love. Anything with TakaGaki I read :p And of course the writings great. Please update soon so I can read another great chapter. Make that 2 or even 3 chapters if you can :baa60776:

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 10:39:28 AM »
YAY!! Ai-chan fic! but she's not the main character is she....... who cares! she's in it!! TakaGaki TakaGaki~ BTW why is Risa so reluctant to go party with Ai?

Offline erink

• Member+
Note
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
This work was influenced by Dir en Grey's album Withering to Death. I came up with the concept while listening and have been finalizing it while listening as well. Title names (after Begin is over)will be named after songs found on the album.
This site contains lyrics
http://www.mldb.org/albums-22355-withering-to-death.html
Here is the album. Purchase it to support the band if you like it and so on and so forth.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hk0ns6

Idividual responses later.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:05:45 PM by erink »

Offline erink

• Member+
Begin
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 08:50:02 PM »
Ai showed up at eight, give or take a few minutes, just like she said. She made her entrance like usual, straight through the front door, up the stairs, down the hall, and into my room. Not bothering to knock or announce her arrival at any point in time.
She opened up my door and walked straight in, glancing over at my half dressed self.
"Door-" I began.
"was open."
"It always is, but you could still knock."
She walked over to my bed and threw herself down on it.
"I have my own you know." She announced seeing I had hastily thrown a t-sirt around my chest.
I shrugged.
"Square." She said.
"Wholesome." I retorted.
"Slut."
"Tramp."
"WWWWhore!"
"Skank!"
The phone rang, interrupting our battle. We started each other down for a moment as I paused with my hand on the receiver.
"Hello?"
"Hey, mom."
"Nothing. I'm just going out with Aichan. Uh-huh. Yeah."
I glanced at Ai behind me who had her eyes crossed and was rolling her hand in a circular motion signaling me to hurry up. I could barely hold back my laughter.
"Yeah, I know. No I'll be back by eleven thirty. Yeah. Uh-huh."
"Hi mom!" Ai cheerfuly yelled from behind me.
"Eh-" I moved the phone away from my mouth. "She says 'hi."
Ai smiled and hugged one of my pillows, shrugging her shoulders.
"Uh-huh. We will. Yes. Bye mom." The reciever clicked as I set it back down.
"Monkey." I said plainly without turning around.
"Chipmunk." She replied the second I had finished saying it.
I turned around and leaned up against the desk.
"Should I take money?"
"Yeah, a little bit. It's like 1,167 to get in or something."
I nodded and moved over to the bottom drawer of my dresser. I took out a stack of neatly folded bills and put about 3,000 in my pocket. I was the more practical one of the duo and had saved a decent amount from birthdays and holidays over the years.
"What are you gonna wear?" She asked, drawing my attention to the fact I still only had a bra and jeans on.
"Clothes."
"Really?"
"Uh-huh. Why, is that not a good choice?"
"Well, I mean, it's a little expected."
"This is true."
"I really think it would have a positive effect on the popularity if you just went like that."
"Again, true, but it is a little chilly out."
"hmm." She smiled and threw the pillow she was holding at me.

By the time we made it to the party it was nine. We walked through the door  and looked around the room taking it all in. Music was playing, kids were all about with unmarked cups, it was pretty packed. Figures though, everybody from the school was here.
Aichan started to walk over to the kitchen and I followed. As we moved through the crowd I could pick up on various bits of conversations.
"Screw him and his stupid test!"

"I like you ssooo much."

"It was on half of the damn book!"

"You fail it?"
"Hell yeah!"

"It's so hot in here."

When we finally got into the kitchen Eri came stumbling over to us. She was smiling happily and seemed to be a different person.
"Ai, Risa!"
She opened up her arms and threw herself on Aichan knocking her over a bit. Ai's arms were under Eri's, Eri's head was off to the side by Aichan's stomach. Ai looked over at me, wide-eyed with a smile that was trying to keep the laughter inside. Eri let go and left the kitchen. We watched her go. After she had left Ai looked at me.
"Must be a good party."
We giggled and decided to see what was going on in other parts of the house.
We didn't make it out of the kitchen before one of the boys from the baseball team handed us two cups.
"Hey, Takahashi!"
"Heey." She called back. Thanking him for the cup.
"Niigaki!" He said playfully. Looking me straight in the eye as he handed me one.
"Thanks." I mumbled, noding my head up and down once.
"Never see you at these." He remarked. " Yabe's sure gonna be happy."
Some of the other Baseball players around started laughing.
Aichan elbowed me in the ribs and went "ohhh hooo" in the way kids can do so well.
Yabe was a baseball player in our class. He was cute enough and apparently had a big crush on me. It always made me a little uneasy knowning that it was common knowledge in our grade.
Aichan took a sip from the cup and started walking backwards out of the kitchen. She threw her one hand up in the air.
"Oi, if you see Yabe let'em know she's here!"
"Will do!" One of them yelled as the others started laughing.

"I'm gonna kill you." I mumbled half heartedly.
She took another sip. "Oh come on. Lighten up." She turned back to look at me." He's pretty cute, you know."
"That's not the point. I-"
"shut up and take a drink already will you. We're here to have a good time."
I reluctantly took a sip, and let out a "gaaahh" afterwards.
She gave her trademark smile and laugh, the srunched up nose and nearly closed eyes, and took another drink from her own.

An hour and a half later I was still on my first drink. I didn't want to overdo it. I still had to make it home and get into bed escaping questioning from my parents. Plus it wasn't really my scene. Ai was on her third and the effects were starting to show.
"I'm going to the bathrrom."
"Ok."
She followed me upstairs and stoped in front of one of the doors. Laughter could be heard from inside.
"I'm gonna see what's going on."
I nodded.
I finished up and walked out into the hall. Yabe spotted me and I made small talk for a few minutes, using the excuse of going to find Ai to get away. I walked into the room. The smell in there was something I had never experienced ever before. There were about seven kids all holding what I thought at the time were cigaretes. After a second glance I realized I was wrong. Aichan was leaning up agaisnt Eri and the two of them were laughing hysterical. Some of the other kids, a few who were in my class, were laughing too. One of them was talking about Doremon but I couldn't really follow him.
I coughed a few times and then walked over to Ai. I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her off of Eri saying "come on."
"Whoa!" she excailmed as she let herself be pulled across the floor. This sent the entire room into another fit of laughter.

I managed to get her up and out and all the way to a McDonalds were I was amazed to see just how much she could eat. She laughed throughout. I had realized that I would need to talk to her tomorrow, so I just sat there, amazed and worried.

The talk didn't go well. She didn't remember much. She told me that we were kids. Justifiying it. That it isn't that bad. I wasn't sure what to do or how to respond. The more she talked the less angry I became. Especially when she pointed out how comical it really all was. Soon I found my self smiling and laughing along with her telling her about how she acted. By the end of that day, the worry was still with me, but I was convinced that it was just natural. It wasn't a big deal,  she just did it that once.  I felt that way right up until I got a call from Ai saying that Eri had another party for us to go to.
I stood motionless clenching my cellphone.

Offline erink

• Member+
Begin
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
She continued like that for two months. We'd go out Friday and Saturday. Every party she'd be doing something heavier. Falling deeper. I went with her every single time trying to stop her every chance I could, but it got harder and harder. It had taken a hold of her.
She started changing completely. There were new friends, Eri being a big one, that were talking to her alot. What shocked me was at every party I could find someone from school that I never expected. Female captain of the basketball team, tennis club, all of them doing things behind closed doors. Seeing them in school you would never expect it. They had it so together. But after that I couldn't look at them the same. I wondered who else was doing these things. But my mind couldn't be filled with that curiosity for long. It was too busy being filled to the brink with Ai.
Her grades started to suffer. She sat behind me in class. After a test you would be instructed to pass them forward. The one day I glanced at her paper. She had left it mostly blank, scribbiling a minor fact down at the top of the page. She would never pass it no matter how charming and well liked she was. You can't pass an essay without having an essay. I turned around and looked at her. She was staring forward, directly at me, but she wasn't really looking. I wondered what she had taken. I turned back and hastily erased her name and my own, switching the two in a very convincing forgery.
That weekend during our now routine and scheduled argument over her behavior, I brought it up. Pointing out that she was now hurting me academically too. She snapped, yelling that she never asked me to do that and I didn't have to. She stormed out and then returned a half hour later, perhaps off of her high with a bit clearer mind, crying and begging me to forgive her.
It was the old Aichan. And I hugged her while she continued crying, forming unintellibible sentneces inbetween sobs.
She kept asking me to help her.
                    to save her.
                    to trust her.
                                                   again.

To make things like they used to be. Knowing what I know now, I still belive whole heartedly that she was sincere.
She wanted to stop,                      I know it.
                      but she didn't.
She wanted to repair,                     I know it.

We stayed like that for awhile. She had finally calmed down by the time the phone rang.
Eri had another party.
And I had another problem.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:21:46 PM by erink »

Offline erink

• Member+
Merciless Cult
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 01:28:12 AM »
* I figured I might need to put a warning up. This work is going to be dealing with subject matter that some of you may have problems with. Profanity will be used. How much at this point, I can't really say. But I think it would be safe to say the f-word will be making an appearance.(In at least one of the diaglouges I have written it is in there.)  I'm not going to tone down my work to make it more acessible or to gain a wider auidence. I refuse to write something that I can't stand behind. If I change it, it would become something I wouldn't be happy with.  If you have a problem with it I hope you would be able to put it aside and read it for what it is, but if you can't it is understandable.

Merciless Cult
  It started at that house party, but this is were is escalated into something else.  I'm convinced if we didn't go life would be different. For me, I would have never met them. The whole group of them. I never would have experienced all those things. And most importantly I wouldn't be siting handcuffed in this alley with Masae and Asami. Aichan...I wonder how it would have been for her if I managed to stop her from going. Maybe she would have cleaned herself up, returned to normal. Then again she might have ended up dead in some club. Who knows, the second one might still be her future. As for mine? I don't know. The future...If I was asked the day of that party what I thought the out come would have been... I could have never imagined this. Imagined what my life has become. What the people in my life are like. I think I am putting the cart ahead of the literary horse. If we are to follow the real timeline of things, I should go back to what I mentioned. The party. Not the house party. The party. The one that changed everything.
Aichan was already into loads of things. There was stuff I'm sure I didn't even know about. Things she even managed to keep hidden from me. Teenage experimentation went out the window after the second party. It was hardcore now. That means money, and lots of it. Ai had pretty much blown whatever she had. Losing her book smarts and gaining street smarts, she sought to eliminate the middle man. She wanted to be connect to someone. Eri understood, she had already done this. Don't ask me how. It blows my mind. How do you even go about finding a drug dealer? How'd you go about getting connected? Where did the dealers get connected? I was disgusted with myself that I was intrigued by the whole business of it.
Anyway, Eri had her connection. And now she was going to get Ai hers.
The party, well it wasn't really a party. We showed up at this club in downtown Tokyo. We got in, which suprised me. Thoroughly. Looking back on it now I remember Eri talking to one of the guys at the door. Clearly he knew what was going on. That's how we got it. Inside it was as noisy as all hell. Trance and hip hop music was blaring the entire time. Lights flashing, bodies all over the place. The club itself was high end. And from what I could make out of the crowd it was obvious they had money. Eri walked on the outskirts of the dance floor and made her way up a set of stairs.
We followed.
If you wonder why I followed,
               why I had been
               why I didn't up and leave
                                           along time ago
               why I stayed with her
               why I still am
                                     You'd really just have to go through it yourself.

She continued weaving in and out of bodies until we reached one of the rooms on the second floor. Inside the room there was another party. People were hunched over various surfaces with lines spread out before them. I had a mental image of Ai doing it and all of a sudden felt sick. Others were off drinking. A group of people were dancing, furiously rubbing against each ohter, with eyes closed, experiencing a new high. Eri stopped to talk to someone and I kept my eyes on the group of people dancing. One girl close to me had her arms wrapped around  the neck of a handsome guy who had his on her hips. She was gorgeous, short black hair that was curled, an equally short plaid skirt, a tight white button down dress shirt with a few of the top buttons undone and a black tie wrapped losely around her neck. She would much later be introduced to me as Rika and take her role in my new life. But at that moment I knew nothing. I was captivated as I saw her hands seductively slip a pill into the guy's mouth.
He wasn't complaining.
But my conscious was.
Before I could come to my senses, protest, and escape with Ai, Eri was taking us down the hall.
Inside yet another room, this place was decievingly bigger than one would think, I saw a rather eclectic bunch of girls.
One with short, wildly coloured hair.
Another, tall, skinny, too skinny, short black hair that went down to her jaw, parted with one side tucked behind her ear and the other off to the right providing a striking outline of her ataractive face.
An extremely short girl with blonde hair counting a pile of bills.
A brown haired girl with a camo tank top on and ripped jeans. She had a cigarette dangling from her mouth, above it rested almost black eyes. Her earings gave you the impression she was the rough and tough type, if the rest of her didn't that is.
I couldn't inspect anyone else. My attention, and everyone elses, was suddenly drawn to a girl walking down the stairs. It wasn't a walk, it was more of a swager. Her left hand held the top of a bottle of beer. It seemed like they were made for each other, in such a way that you rarely even realized that one was in her hand. Thinking about it now I can't recall many times when I had seen her without one. Her brown hair was curled and went down past her shoulders a bit. She was skinny, muscular, you wouldn't say there was anything particularly impressive about her body. Her face though was another matter.
Some people may be like that, and I'm okay with it. But I like boys. Up until that moment I had never really questioned it, but there was something about her that immediately drew me to her. My heart skipped a beat as she leaned in and kissed the skinny one with black hair. I felt jealous for a second. Much, much later, I will explain the complicated attraction to her, it's not sexual mind you, in detail, but for now I am just telling you how it was at the time. Something I learned, again much later, is that drugs can make you like that. None of them were or are to my knowledge that way but she was good looking enough and the other was on meth. You can skip little details like that whole being two girls things when you are on it and feeling the effects.
The sexual kiss was ended and everyone's attention shifted back to us. and more importantly me.
At least it felt that way.
It felt like every single one of them was looking at me. Completely obvious I was odd(wo)man out. Suddenly it got hard to breathe and I considered making an escape back into the other room. Before I could consider my other options the one with the multicoloured hair spoke.
"What'da want?" She adressed Eri.
"an eightball" Ai cut in.
I looked over at her. Her hand was extended, offering a pile of bills.
The girl smiled.
It didn't seem like a nice one.
"Don't bother me with small time stuff, kid. Go find Tanaka if all you want is an eight."
"That's not the only thing I want." Ai paused looking the girl in the eye. "I want an in."
Multicoloured smiled, the bolde haired girl with the bills shook her head, smirked, and went back to counting.
Mulitcoloured looked over at the striking girl who shrugged her shoulders in a text book apathetic move.
"An in is expensive."
"I know. The eight was just going to be a peace offering."
"Really now?"
"I figured you'd get to like me more after a hit."
"I think you're a smart girl."
They took a hit.
And life changed.
Forever.

At the time I knew nothing. I had no idea that being in the same room as the m was some huge deal, especially the striking girl. I learned really quick though. Sitting in this alleyway and reflecting a bit has brought me to a question.
Why?
Why did you let us in?
Why did you take us with you?
Why did I become someone?
Why did you make me that someone?
Why? Why? Why?
I keep thinking it over and over again. Of course
Why?
Has been in my thoughts before. But now, now that I have truely looked back at the begining, the question becomes bigger. They could have told us to get out. They could of said no. But they didn't. I feel my brain start to get ready to ask Masae "why?" but I cut it off. I still haven't finished explaining the begining. When I'm done I'll ask her.

I stayed in the room with them for awhile. Captivated by them. For whatever odd reasons, I was. Multicoloured girl's name turned out to be Masae. The one counting the bills was called 'Yaguchi' a few times. The one who had kissed the striking girl responded to 'Yossie' while the girl in camo apparently went by 'Asami', just Asami. I'm not sure if I found out that night, but Masae's last name was/is Ootani. I didn't learn Yaguchi's first name and Yossie's full name until a very long time after that. Striking girl remained nameless.

Eri was leaving the room and I went along with her. I wanted to ask her something but she disappeared into the dance floor. I looked around and was suprised, read floored, to find a familiar face.
"Sayu?"
"Ah, hey Risa."
I sat down next to her on the couch. I was going to ask what she was doing here, but I knew I wouldn't want to hear the answer. I pretty much knew it already.
Sayu was best friends with Eri. Judging from the expression on her face, I knew they had more in common that teenage stuff.
An hour long conversation with her revealed my worst fear.
If you're losing your friend to drugs.
You're probably going to lose yourself.
Listening to her, I found myself and Aichan in the same position.
Eri was always in the party scene at school, Sayu as well. They had done pot and stuff like that, but suddenly Eri wanted more. It got worse and worse. Sayu couldn't stop her and ended up giving in herself.
"It's just easier this way. If you wanna fight it, you should, but in the end" She paused, looking me straight in the eye , her body swaying back and forth unsteadily, "You're not going to win."
I felt my heart drop. My stomach felt like a weight had been place on it. I didn't want to end up like this. I could save myself. I could save her too.
Being naive can give you such hope sometimes.
I wanted to take Ai and Eri and Sayu and leave. I wanted to go back to being normal teenagers. I wanted it in the worst way.
I told Sayu I would see her later and walked back towards the room.
I opened the door just in time to get a yell from Masae
"Come on, we're out of here."
Ai's peace offering must have been one hell of a one. I'm sure something that small amount didn't even effect any of them. I'm positive that it was Ai herself that got us in. That took us inside. Not the Aichan that I had built years of friendship with. The new personality that had taken hold over her 85% of the time.
Takahashi.

Aichan was my best friend. Takahashi was the embodiment of our destruction. Mostly everyone called her that, even before the drugs, at school and whatnot. Some of the girls called her by her first name, but I was the only one calling her Aichan. But now that drugs were in the picture, Takahashi became a larger than life persona. She was bold, daring, funny, she was my Aichan multiplied by ten on speed and god knows what else. Now that we were on the inside, it was only a matter of time before everyone knew Takahashi. And only a matter of a time before I lost Aichan.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
break
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 05:12:13 AM »
Woah... just woah. This is good stuff. Your writing enabled me to picture everything happening inside my head. And how you introduced every new character was good too. I find that reading from Risa's POV made me feel like her. I could almost sense all the emotions building up inside when she sees Aichan falling into the "dark" side :ONsad:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 07:10:25 AM »
This is the most stunning thing I have read in a while. I honestly have no words to describe how this has touched that part inside of me that is still a normal teenager. This story is just intoxicating and I cannot wait for the next chapter to be up. Pleaase continue with this astounding work.

Offline erink

• Member+
Merciless Cult
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 10:15:54 PM »
As we started to leave the second floor I realized that there were about twelve larged men in suits walking all around us. At that point in time my brain should have put out the alert. I should have realized that this was bad.
Really bad.
I should have pieced it together, that these girls were big time. I should have, but I didn't. I couldn't keep up with my thoughts. They were being torn in every which way. You would have swore I was the one on drugs.
Aichan
School
Sayu
Trouble
Eri
Aichan
Drugs
Help
Aichan
Aichan
Aichan
 All I could do was keep walking. I looked forward and saw Asami walking in such a way, with such a look to her, that you would expect her to pounce at any minute. Striking girl still had the same swager that had captivated me earlier.  Yaguchi was yelling into a cellphone about something I couldn't make out over the music and the distance between us. It was here I noticed something. Eri was nowhere to be found.
Didn't Eri know these people?
Isn't that how we got here?
Why isn't she with us?
What's going on?
I couldn't hide my expression. I was terrified. I looked around the club, looking for someone to save me. Everyone else kept walking and I followed, moving out of fear and confusion. I could barely see around the man on my side. The lights continued to flash and the music seemed to speed up. Suddenly we were walking out an exit. A black SUV was parked with more men in suits standing on the sides. One reached for the door and Striking girl went inside first, the others filed in. I stood with my hand on the side of the SUV and my foot on the running board. The sounds of Tokyo were all around me and a cold wind blew. I stayed like that for two seconds, but to me it felt like an eternity.
If I got in, I left my old life behind.
If I got in, childhood was over.
If I got in...
If I got in, what would become of me?
My brain was on overheat. I was thinking, thinking, thinking. Some part of my body must have stepped in. "Woah there, you're gonna hurt yourself. Let's just turn you off
for a minute and give you sometime to calm down."
And when that happened,
when I stopped thinking,
I brought my other foot up and entered the car.

Once inside I dared to glance around. I didn't get far. Upon looking up I saw Masae looking right back at me. It made my spine go cold. Maybe it was just me. She could have just been looking forward and I was in her general direction. It could have just been a meaningless look, but at the time, eye contact with her, with any of them, struck unbelievable fear into me.
"House or apartment?" The driver cut in, taking my mind off of my impending doom. At least for a second.
"House." Striking girl answered. I did a double take to make sure she was the one that spoke. I hadn't heard her say anything all night.
The car ride continued on. Aichan was laughing with Yossie about something, but I wasn't listening. I was too busy thinking again. I have no idea how long it took us to get there. My sense of time and distance was completely shot. It seemed like hours, it seemed like I would never make it. Even now that I know where the house is, I can never figure out how long it takes to get there. My mind must have created some sort of block on that.

The house was a house. Okay, borderline. You could probably consider it a mansion. A large cement wall surrounded the entire thing, but from the inside you kind of forgot about it. The outside looked Victorian, big and grand. Definately the work of some American designer. I tried to figure out how many copies of my house could fit inside of it but I gave up. There was a cement walkway and perfectly green grass along it. Inside, well we were'nt exactly given a tour or anything. It was just what I saw on the way into the kitchen. Some rooms were completely modern, cement, white, black, artwork that probably cost more than a sports car. While others had wood floors and that "looks so perfect and comfortable" type of thing going on. Those types of rooms were you could just spread out in your pajams on the big oversized chair and read on your sunday morning. People would kill for this kind of house. In the living room there was a large wall of windows that made the pool visible. Like I said we ended up going into the kitchen. I dare say it was "home-y" there was something relaxing about it that put me a little at ease. Everyone sat down. Masae, Yaguchi and Asami at the table, Yossie went over and sat on the countertop next to the sink.
Striking girl stood for a moment, crossed her arms, and then walked over to the right side of the kitchen taking a step into a large hallway. She leaned up against the wall and put her one hand on her hip.
"Non!" She called, rather affectionately. Like  you talk to a pet or something. I figured a poodle or something would come running out. At least that's how she said it. What came out, well the jury is still out on that. It was a girl, but to this day I still remember wondering if animal or monster was more fitting.
She was small and extremely thin, yet she held her body and moved in such a way that made her seem tall and lanky, as if she in fact was and were trying to appear smaller.  She wore a tight black t-shirt and jeans. She had her arms crossed and pressed tightly up against her stomach, almost hunching the rest of her body over. Her hair was brownish. It was cut rather dramatically. Long bangs that were parted to the extreme left went down a little before her lip, the lower of which was pierced with a loop on the right, covered one side of her face. The right side had a chunk of bangs creating a sort of V that showed her forehead and eye. The rest of her hair was thrown up into a bun. She had the tips of her hair sticking upward from the bun. When you looked at her from the front the hair was wildly pointing in every direction behind her. It had quite an effect.
Sriking girl put her arm around her shoulder.
"Back." She said, crouching her head down a bit trying to look the girl in he eyes. The strange figure nodded and mumbled something barely audible. I still was wondering if the girl had even said anything it was so quiet when Striking girl responded with an "Okay."
I had only seen her for a few seconds, but she gave me an unbelievable feeling. There just wasn't something right about her. I had a gut feeling that she was pure evil. A terrifying creature of some sort. I was creeped out.
The girl went back down the hallway and Striking girl watched her go before turning and taking a seat at the counter in the middle of the kitchen.

I've been thinking nonstop for ten minutes and I honestly can't remeber what  else happened that night. I don't remember what we, or more accurately they, talked about, I don't remember how I didn't get myself killed, I don't remember anything other than sitting in that kitchen with them. I'll keep thinking about it and let you know, but I can tell it will do no good. Aichan was the one doing the talking. I couldn't follow what was going on at all. It was as if it was in a different language. Terms, names, places, people, all of these things were being thrown around. By the time Aichan and I left, my head was spining.
More than usual that is.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 07:50:20 AM by erink »

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 01:26:06 PM »
Great stuff. It's only two chapters in and it's already such a painfully emotional story that it's almost getting hard to read.
And of course we already know that Very Bad Things are going to happen to everyone.

And that just makes it that much harder to read.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Pierced Nono. Pierced Evil Nono. Pierced Evil Monster Nono. I love how you describe things from the way Risa sees them, not even necessarily from her point of view, just from her perception.

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
break
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 10:42:40 PM »
Wow, it's so realistic that it's scary. Well, drugs can be scary anyway. I can feel some of the frustration Risa feels . . .

It's extremely intriguing, and I would have never thought of the girls this way. (Placing them in a story like this, that is.) Keep it up!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 12:00:17 AM »
Gripping!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
break
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 02:19:00 AM »
Unable to comment, almost feels like anything I'd say wouldn't do the story justice. :o

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline erink

• Member+
break
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 01:16:10 AM »
The more I read the comments, the more suprised I am. It seems to be emotional for some of you. Which puts me in an intersting situation as I see these few parts as somewhat tame. I'm looking forward to seeing reactions. I want to take this where to a place where the other stories  don't touch on and make it something completely different from what the sort of standard or norm is around here. It is really...I can't quite find the word for it. Maybe this is my experimental work? It is intersting to see that some have said they can connect, identify, and sort of feel for the things happening to Ai/Risa. I don't think it is now, but I can see this becoming one of my proudest efforts. I think this story is something that might open your eyes or affect some of you and to have that makes it important. To me I think this is something that I'm not going to hold back on. I got the idea and started to toy around with it, and little by little it got bigger and bigger. I felt like it was something that I just had to write. Thats why I threw the prolouge up. I just needed to get it out. I have my minor problems with it so far, the description of the house in particular(describing setting has always posed a problem), but I'm looking to grow from it and make it something I can say I'm happy with.

@ Freya and Gl- Hope you keep following the story. Maybe you two got more than you bargained for?

@rnd- Thanks, you've always read my work so it is nice to see this is no different.
 I think you touched on something very important. My lit teacher talked about a writing exercise she did with her one class. She had the school's resident trouble maker come in during class and get in a pretend fight with her over a suposed detention she gave him. The class then had to write a news type story of what happened. Things were completely distorted in all of the papers.
With Risa, I think it creates more of a feel for what is happening. Some will take it for what is written and side with her, but maybe there are readers out there that can feel more for the others in later chapters and take a stance of Risa obviously having an opion and good girl slant on it.
Non's entrance wasn't really mapped out. I knew I had to introduce her and I just figured I should get it out of the way. From what I have thought about, as of right now, Non is going to be the charecter I enjoy most.

@lil-Thank you for your comments, great to read. Like I said to before, I think keeping it how Risa sees it makes it a little easier to get caught up. That played a part in the introduction of the charecters. What is the first thing you notice about Masae? Probably the hair. So on and so forth. I made it pretty obvious to guess who everybody is and then stated almost all of them later, but more charecters will be introduced. (I already mentioned Tanaka if you guys caught that.)

@stefy- I think I cleared up your question by now.

@icaus- thank you.

@black velvet- thanks. Like I said before, this is going to be different.

@coach- thanks.

@JFC- thank you very much.

this is just the begining.
Just to give something to those  checking the thread for an update,
why I chose "break" as the title.
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/break
Alot of different meanings which I feel will all fit the story after I am done.
I'm looking to include more of the formatted style, but it is rather difficult to make any of them longer than what I have.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Dokidoki Morning