JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - A

Author Topic: break  (Read 9315 times)

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
I shouldn't have said emotional in my earlier post. 'Tense' is a better word to describe the story so far. Really painful things are going to happen, and happen (probably) pretty soon.It's like watching two people get into a fight; You know what's going to happen, but not how bad the damage is going to be.
It's really weird for me to comment so extensively on a story this early on in the writing stage, so I may not make perfect sense all the time. But I'll try to say interesting things and keep any aggressively idiotic comments to myself.
(just a warning.I didn't really think that was an aggressively idiotic comment.)

Offline erink

• Member+
C
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
"We're going out with them again tonight?"
"What?" I asked.
"They called."
"And?"
"They asked."
"That's not what I mean."
Ai sat across from me, looking perplexed.
"Well what is is you mean? Lately you make no sense."
I took a deep breathe, trying to keep my anger in check.

The only thing that   doesn't make sense
The only thing that   is wrong
The only thing that   is complicated
                                                          is you

I figured it was best to let that comment slide.
"Just because they invited us doesn't mean we have to go. Why don't we go to the movies or something."
I suggested, but my heart wasn't in it.
My heart was off somewhere, living in memories of a better time.
She puffed out a quick breath of air making a "huh" sound while simultaneously shrugging her shoulders.
"Yeah, turn them down, that's a great idea."
"Speaking of great ideas, you doing drugs is pretty high on the list."
She squinted for a second, her suprise completely visible. I myself was shocked that I had said it. It was a sudden outburst that escaped before I could even know I was thinking it. Saying something that bitting, regardless of truth was uncharecteristic for me. The look on her face nearly made me regret saying it. She almost had me appologizing.
            The 
"I'm sorry."     was half way out before I held it back and replaced it with an

"It's true."

She was about to launch her rebuttal when the phone rang. She shook her head at me somewhat disbelievingly and stood up reaching in her pocket for her phone. I sat there, sulking, waiting for her to finnish her conversation.  She hung up, walked back over, picked up her jacket and looked at me for a moment.
"You coming?"
"Yeah."

As I sit here in this alleyway, handcuffed and wet, yes I know I've mentioned this before, I can't help but picture how ridiculous that last bit was. But hey, that's how it happened. I would love to be able to rewrite it. To make up my own little happy ending and say, "Yes, that's how it happened." But it isn't. Hell I'd even like creative freedom to make me sound like I actually had something of a spine, but alas, I guess I don't.
I guess I don't...?
I wonder what Masae or Asami would say if I said that, if I asked them right now. I don't have to wonder. I know the answer.

Yossie and Non were in the kitchen. That girl's presence made me extremely uneasy. I surveyed the area and started contemplating a location to stand as far away as I could without making it blatantly obvious that I was choosing to stand as far away as I could while still being in the same room. Yossie gave a casual greeting. Actually she just looked up and nodded as if to show she acknowledged our existance. Ai walked right over to the kitchen table were Yossie and Non were sitting across from each other. She leaned over the table to look at what Yossie was examining.
"Ohhh, prrettyy." She said.
Curiosity got the better of me and I walked over. I stood a little behind Ai and looked over her shoulder.
Non was drawing...something.
The memory of that picture has grown hazy recently. I can not describe what was drawn in any sort of detail. I have the picture in my minds eye. I'm sure some of the things have been lost in the short period of time since that day, but the majority of it is intact. Still I am grasping for words. What I don't have trouble remembering is what I felt when I saw it. I distinctly remember being creeped out and thinking it was some sort of satanic picture that you hear people preaching about. You know those types that constantly say the devil is among us and using pop culture and music to get inside the youth of today? Yes, those types.
I'm stuck between creepy and terrifying. It just looked scary. Throughout the picture,which was drawn in charcoal and pen, there were vibrant splashes of red. Such a shade of red that immediately it imediately grabbed your attention and refused to let go.
I stood up straight and shifted my gaze to the wall. It was then that I started to hear a muffled conversation. Gradually it became louder and I could start picking out words. I looked around the rest of the kitchen and caught sight of Striking girl and Yaguchi entering from the one hallway.

"If we do it now we could take the rest of last months profits and distribute it amongst the accounts." The small blonde haired girl said. " I suppose we could trial run it. Split forty-five and fifty-five."
"Okay. Do that." I noticed that Striking girl was staring at me and attempted to act casual.
I was saved from my lackluster performance of 'casual' when Masae entered the kitchen from the backdoor.
" 'ey" She said getting a "hey" from Yaguchi and nods from everyone else.
She moved over to Striking girl. "Can I speak to you for a moment?" The pair left the room. With them gone I returned my attention to Non. Yossie and Ai were still sitting at the table watching her every move, completely engrossed.
"Red..." Non mumbled. I was wondering if she every brought her voice above wishper level.
"Huh?" Yossie asked.
"I'm out of red."
The three girls seemed to be frozen. The didn't speak or look at one another. After a few seconds, Non's hand reached for a razor blade that was on the kitchen table. She removed the carboard covering slightly letting the light in the kitchen hit part of the blade and spun it around with her fingers.
Yossie chuckled looking down at Non's hand.
"Well, that'd sure be an interesting conversation piece."
Ai and Yossie laughed.
I didn't.
I had no idea what that ment. I'd like to remind you of just the kind of bubble I lived in. It was stronger than a 'normal' teenagers. Most kids pick up a bunch of stuff at school, from movies, and online, but not me. I didn't know anything. It never even crossed my mind that Non was going to cut herself. Never. Seening how quick the other girls picked up on this, and even made a joke about it, just solidified my standing as the 'other one'.
Just then a girl in a school uniform entered from the same door Masae did moments ago. She had black hair that went past her shoulders a bit and was ridiculously thin. Weight was a common thread between a lot of the girls that I wouldn't pick up on until much later. My brain just didn't operate like that.
She threw her bag on a chair and then threw her body into one at the end of the table, and started to tap her hands off of the table top. Masae had returned. Striking girl did not.
"Oi, Masae!" She yelled with an accent. "Give me like five of the usual. And make it fuckin' pure."
Masae smiled.
"You can't afford five let alone five fuckin' pure."
The girl stopped taping and brought her clenched fist up. She moved her thumb causing a rather lage wad of bills to appear behind her fingers.
"What was that?" She asked mockingly.
"Where did you get that?" Masae asked with a bit of suprise in her voice.
"Daddy." She answered playfully.
Masae looked away from her and shook her head, seemingly unimpressed.
"Are you kidding me?"
"Of course not Masi." At this point I thought Masae was going to walk over to her and kill her with her bare hands, but suprisingly she remained where she was. "You know me, I wouldn't joke about ridiculously large sums of money."
The girls accent was making it hard for me to decipher bits and peices of what she was saying, but I managed to follow.
"You're such a joke."
"Harsh. If your daddy owned two wards you'd hit him up for money and you know it."
"I'd earn it on my own like I always have and you still wouldn't understand." Masae paused and looked her in the eye. "You know if you didn't keep fucking up you'd be able to have your own money. You're gonna mess up and have no options. There won't be anyone there to bail your dumbass out one day and you're going to wish you listened to me."
"True. So let's change that. Did you listen to me and talk to them about it?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I am not wasting anyone else's time with your stupid fucking half baked idea. It's bad enough I had to listen to it." By this time Masae had moved over to the girl. She put her one hand on the table and the other on the back of her chair, leaning over her and looking her in the eye. I wasn't in the chair but I was uncomfortable enough for everyone in the room. I didn't particularly like confrontations and ones that involved swearing were even worse.
"What the hell? You tell me to start making something of myself and then you shoot down whatever I come up with? This is bullshit."
It happened so quickly I wasn't even sure it really had until I heard the loud clap and saw the girl's face turned to one side.
When Masae spoke her tone was something I had never heard before. I had never heard such a combination of anger and control in one place. Her voice was low.
"You'll listen to what I say and keep your place."
Everyone in the kitchen was looking at them except Non. She continued looking at her drawing.
"What does she want to do?"
Everyone except Non turned to were the voice came from. Striking girl was leaning up against the wall with her arms crossed, her face expressionless.
"She wants to start pushing yaba."
Striking girl tilted her head to one side. There was a slight pause.
"The hallucinations would be to strong. You're talking about highschool and university, do speed instead and push it during exam season."
It didn't matter what she was saying to me, it was how she was saying it. Her voice had a unique quality to it.
The girl bowed her head deeply and said "Yes."
"We'll talk later Tanaka" Masae said." Are you ready?" She asked Striking girl, who nodded. "Well then, let's go."
Hearing those words, I felt my stomach drop.
----
not happy with it but it'll need to do.

Offline erink

• Member+
C
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »
At the club all I could do was close my eyes and wish for it to be over. I wasn't a religious person yet I was praying to whoever I could get to listen to intervene.  Sitting there and watching was making me sick. I went to get a drink. On my way back to the room, through a cluster of bodies and the half open door, I saw Ai do a line and take a handfull of pills I felt my insides be ripped apart. I stopped breathing as I saw her put her hand up to her mouth and lean her head back. Then that sinking feeling in my stomach intensified and before I knew what was happening I had dropped my drink and my eyes had teared on their own accord. I wipped the tears away and realized how hard it was for me to breathe. It seemed like the air in here was contaminated. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get enought air to fill my lungs.  I went to go sit down, away from them for a moment. My body layed heavily on a leather couch. Around me everyone continued going. The music seemed to get louder, the lights brighter. I felt like time was playing me. I had lost all concept of everything.
 I couldn't
                     think
                     speak
                     breathe

All I could do was feel
                                    my lungs struggling
                                    that heaviness in my chest
                                    my life fall apart.

It hit me right then in there, how right Sayu was.
Wouldn't it be easier?

If I was just as messed up as she was.
If I cared just as much as she did.
If I lived how she lived.

I immeadiately got rid of the thought. I felt horrible for even thinking such a thing. I couldn't.
She needed me      
                            to help her
                            to save her
                            to live

I clutched at my sides hoping it would relive some of the pain. I realized it was useless, but I needed to try. I needed to do something to ease it. I walked back to the room and sat down next to Ai. She continued laughing and talking with the others. I turned and looked at her. Our legs and shoulders were touching, but I had never felt so far away from her. Without even realizing it a tear had started rolling down my cheek. She turned to me, laughing and tilted her head. She pressed her forehead against mine and leaned her body over. When it happened I ceased hearing everything else that was going on. I closed my eyes and reopened them when I felt her pull away.
I asked myself, voice cracking from tears I had held in too long,
What am I going to do?

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
break
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
Reading the last 2 chapters made my gut feel like it's being stomped on. I so wanna reach into my monitor and grab Risa into a hug. To tell her everything's gonna be alright. And to shake some sense into Ai. Stop hurting your best friend like this :ONfrustrated: I really hope Risa succeeds in getting both of them out. But I already know that's not gonna happen :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
break
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 01:20:31 AM »
^ What hamz said. :cry:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tanakachi

• Reina's Bodyguard
  • Member+
break
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 01:46:07 AM »
TANAKA?!?!?!!? WHATTT?!?! errr...wonder what she wants....ooo i hope she doesnt do anything bad now...:(

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
It hit me right then in there, how right Sayu was.
Wouldn't it be easier?

If I was just as messed up as she was.
If I cared just as much as she did.
If I lived how she lived.

woah, that part really got to me because... it really feels like that

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
break
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 08:44:41 PM »
I just had to say, once again, how stunning this story is. I sat through the whole update barely breathing, running the words over and over again in my mind, taking in the full effect of your writing and the high emotions. And the way you portrayed Nono makes some part of me drool, I love her twisted character.

Offline erink

• Member+
C
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »
When we arrived back at the house there was a new face to greet us, or at least new to me. She had brown hair curled down to a slight ways past her shoulder. Her face was rather large with her ears and nose in particular. Her body was slim and fit. She was attractive in a way thanks to her face which had an odd yet pleasant effect.
She was seated at the counter across from Non.

"Hey" she said. The other girls gave various greetings ranging from a nod to an uncomprehensible slur of words. They then disbanded with Asami, Masae, and Tanaka going towards one hall way and Striking girl and Yossie dissappering down the hallway and the far end of the kitchen.
Yaguchi, who was on her way to the sink, introduced us, as if it was some sort of after thought.
"One with the brown hair is Takahashi, the other one is" She paused with her hand on the faucet. Was I really that unmemorable? "Niigaki." She said in no attempt to hide the "That's what that is!" tone you get when you remember the title of the song you've been singing bits and peices of for the past week, or identify the mysterious object that was in your jean pocket.
"Konno." The girl said. When I looked at her I was suprised at what I saw. A smile. The first genuine and warm one since I got here. I wasn't confused, I wasn't frightened, and I wasn't creeped out. I noticed that I had unconsiously smiled back at her, returning the gesture. This moment of, joy, yes perhaps that was it, was broken as I felt Aichan crash into my shoulder as she tried to manuver herself to the kitchen table. She stumbled and regained her composure as she gave it another go, this time she was successful.

Konno broke eye contact and turned her attention back to Non who was sitting across from her.
"It's good. I like it alot."
At this Non nodded her head in short quick bursts that made it look more like she was shaking. She then brought her left hand across her midsection, grabing at it, placed her right elbow on top of it, and started to feverishly bite at her fingernails. I shivered. Something or more accurately everything was wrong with that girl. The way she moved...
Takahashi stood up and made her way towards the direction Asami, Masae, and Tanaka went, I turned my head and watched her go.Just as the silence between the three of us was getting to an extremely uncomfortable level, Asami came charging back into the kitchen.
"I'm so fucking hungry."
She walked over to the refrigerator, pulled out various food products before ultimately returning them,stopped momentarily at the stove, opened and closed several cabinets,  and finally walked briskly out of the room.

I looked back at Konno and immediately realized that Non had disappeared. Though how she managed to sneak away when she would have had to walk right by me still escapes me, it was apparent that she did. I bit my lower lip trying to put aside the horrible feelings I got from that girl.
I looked back at Konno and then down at the seat Non had previously occupied. She nodded slightly in a welcoming matter, and I sat down across from her.
"So waht brings you here? You don't really seem like the type."
Just then, as if the higher powers found this an appropriate time to show their sense of hummor a yell from Aichan followed by the others' laughter was heard from down the hall.
I closed my eyes and pointed with my thumb towards the hall.
"That." I said simply.
She laughed through her nose before speaking again.
"So Risa," Her friendly tone nearly made me miss the fact that she called me Risa. Yaguchi had only introduced me as Niigaki.
"How'd you-"
"Relax. Everybody knows everything around here." She assured me with a smile. Of course. Even if I had never met her before, I'm sure one of them probably mentioned something to her in passing, it was stupid to get werid about it.
"I wish I could say the same." It was an unbelivably idiotic statement. In my position, saying something like that could have given me more problems than I already had, or have currently. But at the time I wasn't thinking like that. Luckily for me she merely smiled and said
"Well, let's see. Yossie is in college. Got a full ride on volleyball. She gets good grades, comes from a good family, and is beautiful. Fantastic, huh?"
She looked back at me for a moment before continuing.
"Her father is the head of some company. Big house in the best part of town, a good wife, and the most perfect daughter you could ask for. People were already interested in her durring middle school and such. She was fast tracking for a bright future. Play volleyball for a few years, get a degree to fall back on. Good plan. She went to the best private high school in Japan, most expensive this country has. There she met Miki. Miki is only a few months older I think, so they were  in the same grade. A few years inbetween and that brings us back to now."
"Mi..ki?" I asked.
"Fujimoto. You know, the girl that owns this place?" She said in a combination of joking and disbelief.
Striking girl had a name. Miki Fujimoto. It seemed like a good name. For what it was worth I thought it was nice, but it was a hard habit to break. To this day I still think of her as Striking girl sometimes.

I was about to respond, but Yossie came bursting into the room from the back hallway.
She went over to the stove, put her arms behind her on the surface and leaned her body up against it. The majority of her miniscule weight was placed on her arms and the rest on her left heel which she extened slightly infront of her, her right crossed on top. The black and white t-shirt, the dark blue jeans that were heavily frayed and tight, the legs of the pants resting on the Chuck Taylors, she looked like a model. Absolutely stunning in her simplicity.
"Heyy KonKonn." She said in a goofy tone.
Konno smiled and without turning around to look returned the greeting.
"Hey Yossie. What are you up to?"
"Nothing...I'mso borrred."
Konno laughed a little and Yossie, who's large eyes were half closed, had a grin on her face.
If you ingored the fact that one of them, hell maybe even both of them were messed up on who knows what, it would have seemed like a normal exchange between friends. It reminded me of
Aichan...
Way back
before the drugs
before the parties
before the chain of events that brought us here
before...
We went to the same primary school together, the same grade school, the same middle school, and now the same high school.
She moved here when we were five or six because of her fathers job, I don't really  remember. All I know is that we soon became inseparable. It's so much easier when you are younger, to make friends that is.  By the time you get to high school everyone has already found the group they beling to and probably already has a best friend. To be best friends from childhood... It is really something. Getting to grow with that person, you share a bond that you can't find when you are older. It's lucky if you get to experience that.

My moment of sentimentality was shattered as I smelt something horrible.
"Yossie!" Konno yelled.
"Huh?" By the time Yossie responded Konno was already practically on top of her. She grabbed at her left hand that made a sizziling sound as she pulled it off the burner.
I swallowed hard, trying not to gag as I caught sight of Yossie's red and unnaturally white hand.
"What are you on?" Konno said, completely calm, well that made one of us.
"Special K as far as I know." Asami answered, walking back into the kitchen seemingnly uninterested in what was going on as she didn't even look at the two of them. "Eating Kit-Kats all night." Asami walked over to the stove and looked down."Get your skin off of there! I was gonna make eggs."
Yossie started to hum the theme of some children's show, the name of which escapes me, she stopped after a few moments and then looked down at the stove, as if finally catching up. Before her right hand to make it to the burner Konno pulled her away, draging the stumbling Yossie towards the hallway.
"Come on." She said to both Yossie and me. I reluctantly got up and felt my stomach twist and turn as they walked by and I got a closer look at Yossie's hand.

She led the way to the bathroom which was a difficult trip. Yossie moved as if she had never used her legs before. Once inside she took complete control of the situation giving me orders, trying to keep Yossie's attention, and seemingly doing a decent job of fixing what she could on her hand. I tried my best to keep my eyes averted at all times. Of course sometimes that little part inside you wins over and despite your best judgement you steal a galnce and immediately regret it.
How could she possibly not know?
How long did she even have it on for?
I keept my eyes on their upper bodies, hopping that I could keep my dinner down.
As she continued working she started to speak.
"This is what we talked about. I told you before not to take them, especially if you weren't going to have someone watch you. Do you remember why?"
Yossie's head bobbed up and down unsteadily. She started to mumble some sort of response.
"Because you can't tell if you get hurt or not. It's an anesthetic. Do you know what that is?"
Yossie started mumbling again.
"When you take those you can't feel anything. Thats why it's dangerous. You're like superman." She paused for a few seconds.
"If you get hurt, you don't know it. And you can do a lot of damage because you don't know anything is wrong. When you find out it's too late sometimes." Yossie smiled and started laughing in a slow manner.
She started sliding off of the chair. Without knowning I immediately put my arms on her shoulders to stop her.
"We've got to keep her awake, at least for now." Konno said, her voice different from the one I had heard in the kitchen. It was now lower and steady.
"You should be a doctor or something." I said, trying not to think about my urge to throw up.
"Well, that's why I'm in school."
"Really?" I asked, shocked that I was actually on the right track about something.
"Yeah. Even Daddy's reputation and Mommy's standing couldn't get me to skip med school."
"oh." I said, not really understanding.
"My Dad's a doctor here in Tokyo and Mom's a lawyer."
I nodded.
Asami and Masae could be heard walking past.
"Hey!" Konno yelled.
"What?" Asami asked, sticking her head in the door while Masae leaned up against the frame.
"How much she take?"
Asami paused for a moment and looked at Masae.
"More than she ever did before if that helps."
"I saw her take like.." Masae began. " I don't know.The four times I saw her she had a bottle in her hand."
"That's all I can do for her now. Help me move her."
Asami grabbed her feet as Masae took her upper body.
"I think she said something about her knee bothering her." Asami mumbled as she readjusted her grip.
"Dear lord, why can't she just take a bottle of vicodin like everyone else. She better not wake me up."
Asami huffed. "Make Tanaka stay with her, hell if I'm not sleeping."
"Where do you want 'er?" Masae asked.
"I guess put her in the living room. Better than having to keep moving her."
I stood alone in the hallway as they continued moving towards the living room.
Aichan had given us an alabi of staying at Eri's house. That way we'd be able to stay and she wouldn't have to worry about her parents seeing her. In a little while I would deeply regret it, and wish that she hadn't.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
break
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 08:42:05 PM »
Ah sweet Konno, who else will make an appearance in this story?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
break
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 12:52:20 AM »
Konkon saves the day! :yay:

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
break
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 03:23:52 PM »
Konno must be in Risa's position. And I thought Striking Girl was Rika?

Offline erink

• Member+
Spilled Milk
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 12:22:01 AM »
I was left all alone in the hall as Masae, Asami, and Konno carried Yossie away. I turned and looked both directions, a door left somewhat ajar catches my attention. Light creeps out into the hallway illuminating it slightly as I take a few steps forward towards it, Masae, Asami, and Konno's voice's now completely faded away. I gently placed my hand on the door and pressed it slightly while sticking my head inside. The door creeked in protest, sounding ominously in the now silent hall. The room was rather clean but for some reason it seemed completely dark, dingy, and terrifying.
Maybe it's wasn't the room, maybe it was who was in it.
A single light bulb on a metal chain dangled from the middle of the cieling and illuminated the enitre room in an almost blinding white. Directly infront of me the wall was completely covered, floor to ceiling, in drawings of all shapes and sizes, one more extreme than the next. In the center of the wall was what I suppose could be considered the focal point, a large drawing of a pot with two flowers in it. It was composed of sharp angles and harsh lines, shaded in balck and grey. The flower on the left was slightly hunched while some petals fell from it. The gentle sway in the petals captured with charcoal and paper seemed no easy feat. It was quite impressive to be perfectly honest. On the edges of the paper, previous drawings that must have occupied that space were torn away, their fragments remaining here and there.
To my left it sat cross leged on a single bed, engrossed in a book.
Niezs...che?
Never heard of it.
The edges were torn and frayed, the spine of the book looked as though it was in an all or nothing battle to  keep everything together. Obviously it was well used.
It was here my existence was acknowledged.
She looked up at me, her almost black eyes visible even from this distance.
An "Ah" escaped my mouth as she made eye contact with me. "I'm. Sorry." My words came out in fragments as my brain found it hard to keep working. I was under her unexplainable spell.
She wasn't looking at me.
She was looking through me.
At least that's what it felt like.
"I saw the light on." I finnished lamely, attempting to justify my intrusion out of fear she would attack me or do something equally horrifying to me.
She said nothing and went back to her book.
"I like your picture. " I said pointing to the flowers.
She looked up from her book and to the drawing then back to me.
It could have been the emotional rollercoster I had been on that night, more so than other nights that is, or maybe it was just exhaustion setting in, but I could have swore I saw the most subtle and crypic smile flash across her face for as she looked at me.
I looked down at the ground.
"Well... I'll get going."
I bowed my head a little and took a step back as she returned to her book.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: break
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 02:15:35 AM »
Obvious question is...who's the mystery person?

Offline erink

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 02:43:02 AM »
Obvious question is...who's the mystery person?
In the previous chapter? Non. Risa refered to her as it, the drawings, and really the overall tone Risa had I thought made it clear. If it wasn't I might have to go back and rework it I guess...

Oh, and forgive the last chapter for having awful shifts in verb tenses. I promise I'll go back and edit it eventually.

Responses in werid order

@glcorps- No Rika is not striking girl. Rika was mentioned in the first chapter at the club and it is said that she would come into play later but striking girl is introduced after Risa goes into the other room with a different description than Rika had. Konno's situation and the rest of the girls for that matter will be explained later.

@Lil_hamz - I'm optomistic this won't turn into some terribly predictable work. Maybe Risa will, maybe she won't. Even if it does become predictable (wich leaves a rather bitter taste in my mout to think about) I'll then start aiming on the emotional aspects of it to..compensate I suppose. Hopefully you'll keep reading.

@tanakichi- well it would be rather boring if she was doing good now wouldn't it? More about Tanaka will come up later.

@coachie- truthfully that hoplessness about it I think is very common. That constant struggle gets to the point where it turns into "what's the difference?" It's dangerous, and one slip up throws everything off.

@rnd- thank you, that was quite beautiful. I think you will be a huge fan of the direction Non takes overall throughout the story. There are still a handful of girls that haven't been introduced yet and I think two charecters no one will see coming.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:33:28 AM by erink »

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
The title didnt really appeal to me so I suppose thats my reason for not reading it. But at 1am, tired and restless I dug it up and opened it. Its nice in a weird way...I dont know much about drugs. Just from the movies and from what my classmates have offered me (haha). Its a strange world and its amazing the way you've written here using H!P characters, giving them these exaggerated personalities..

Maybe its cause Im tired..or delusional but I can really picture what your writing. Dude, it freaks me out something chronic.

Soooooooo.....Im asking you baby please, can we have a revival?
I wouldnt mind finding out what the hell happens

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 09:46:42 PM »
How could I possibly be anymore pleased with Non? I already want to take her back to my dark world and thrust her head first into my more extreme perv ideas. ;)

Two people we wouldn't expect? Now I have to guess. A Coconuts gal(Ayaka or Mika) and maybe placid Iida?

Offline erink

• Member+
Spilled Milk
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 12:39:56 AM »
It was late, and I was tired. I couldn't get used to this, staying up until all hours of the night. I only did it for two days a week, yet my body felt heavy and sluggish for about two after. I'd have to go home and crash all Sunday just to go back to functioning. I couldn't imagine how someone could make this their lifestyle. In mid yawn, Konno approached me.
"hey."
I gave a weary smile.
"I'm just going to finish some things up. If you're staying, you can use on of those rooms." She pointed to two doors.
I nodded. "Okay, th-thanks."
She started walking away from me.
"No problem." She looked back over her shoulder. "Oh and Risa,"
"Yeah?"
"Don't be alarmed if you hear Yossie."
"Ah, okay."
Don't be alarmed if I hear Yossie? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I had no clue, and frankly I was to exhausted to even care. I walked over to one of the doors and opened it.

The room was a decent size. A large king beed was in the center, two night stands on each side, a nice large window on wall directly infront of me, a closet over to the left and some bookcases. I didn't even bother to inspect my surroundings any further as I threw my body ontop of the blue and black sheets heavily. I looked up at the ceiling and my mind took off like a world class sprinter, running over all the things I didn't want to deal with.
What am I gonna do...?
The words echoed and echoed, waiting for some sort of response, a definitive course of action. I closed my eyes and unconsiously exhaled, hard and fast, a sure fire sign that I was starting to cry.
Why does it hurt so bad?
The worst thing about it all was that there wasn't anything tangible hurting me. It's not like this was a pair of shoes giving me a blister and I could just take them off, bang, problem solved. This involved nothing other than my feelings which made it infinately more complicated.
I was being killed emotionally. Everyday, I felt so lost and helpless. I felt like I was drowning at sea, each day my lungs filled with more water as my cries for help became weaker and weaker.

I couldn't describe
                         how it felt
                         how I felt
                         how it hurt me so.

Just then I realized Something.
                     Something that I had known all along.
                     Something that a small part of me was constantly repeating over and over.
                     Something that was horrible and I didn't want to admit.
I was being hurt by  Something tangible.
I was being hurt by  Aichan.

Before I could even start to wage that war on myself over that, the door opened.

Ai smiled.
"'s'cold in here."
She walked over to the bed and pulled down the sheets as I lifted up my legs. All the while I was staring at her, looking at her, hoping to catch a glimpse of reassurance. She looked different. So different. Yet, why was I the only one to see this? No one else ever brought it up? Were they blind? Or was I just that dependent?
She lied down next to me and pulled the covers up to our shoulders.
"Aichan..."
Her response was delayed as she readjusted her head on the pillow.
"Huh?"
"I need to ask you somehting."
"unn, uh huh."
"Listen, I-" I, I hesitated. Was she snoring? She was. Unbeliveable. I looked up at the ceiling and said "You're really funny" to the whoever or whatever may or may not be up there.
I stayed there for a minute or so, looking at her as she slept peacfully while I was being terrorized. Life can be unfair. I only thought that in passing as I too driffted off into a slumber soon after.

Later that night, I found out excactly what Konno meant when she said "Don't be alarmed if you hear Yossie."
I did hear Yossie.
And despite what I was told,
I was alarmed.
That's quite an understatement. When I "heard" Yossie, I immediately woke up and nearly yelled right along with her. For such a tiny girl she had an astounding lungh capacity as she was absolutely relentless in her scream.
It was the kind of scream that comes deep from your stomach and chest.
The kind that only happens when it is really, truly, something awful.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 02:41:17 AM »
did her anaesthetic wore off?

First time replying in here, like Mikan i just found this fic's title weird before so i didn't bother to come in. I wished i did bother though, the story line is good, brings me to a whole new world of unknowns.

The emotions running through the whole story is great, and so real. Would love to know how the girls fell into this world.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline erink

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 03:44:05 AM »
What Mikan wants, Mikan gets.

So now I need to add bad tittles right next to no lesbian love triangles, no angst, bad writing, and no dgirls on the list of reasons people don't read my work? Haha, always a learning experience.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - A