JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Shibafu feat. Shuntarou Tanikawa

Author Topic: Seeds of Love [discontinued]  (Read 5633 times)

Offline La Daphne

Seeds of Love [discontinued]
« on: March 11, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »
Sooo. Ive written fanfic before (and don't worry, my fic grammar is much better!) but never for H!P and never for real people. So this is a first! This idea has been bopping around in my head for awhile, and so I decided to put it down on the computer. I don't know if it'll become a story, a collection of one-shots or wht, but yeah.

Title: Seeds of Love
Author: La Daphne/Emily/HEY YOU
Rating: G to PG-13
Disclaimer: This is all fiction, but I'm just a hopeless fangirl with no money, so don't sue.
Summary: Friendship, love...they all started somewhere. This is where.

--------------------

Introduction / Yossie x Makoto / G / PART I

Yossie couldn't quite see it.

The other new girls, the fifth generation, all swore on the future graves of their mothers, fathers, cats, chocolate cakes (that one was Konno-san's) that Ogawa Makoto was the sweetest, most genki, friendliest girl in their generation. But Yoshizawa Hitomi had looked long and hard, and she couldn't see it.

For one, Makoto didn't say much. None of the fifth generation did, at least not to their senpai. She kept to herself and the other new girls, with the occasional "Ohayou gozamaisu" and "Arigatou...Yoshizawa-san", always saying Yossie's name carefully, testing the waters.

Second of all, she looked scary. Not that Yossie was scared, no way. But Makoto did not look like the sweetest, genkiest, friendliest girl. Her hair wasn't dyed, and it sharply constrasted with her pale skin. Her eyebrows were also dark, and slanted slightly. When she was concentrating, she'd tip her head and zero in on the object. Overall, she looked stern. Severe.

And according to Tsunku, Yossie was going to have to fall in love with her.

August 2001, three weeks before the joining of the fifth generation

"A new single?" Rika Ishikawa asked curiously. "So soon?"
"It won't be released until September at the earliest," Tsunku said, steepling his fingers. "And by then, your new coworkers will have joined. So..."

Whatever the producer, lyricist, and founder of the Hello! Project was going to say was lost amongst the excited shrieks of the girls.

"GIRLS!"
"Hai!" they all said, mock-saluting him.
"As I was saying, we're nearing the end of the Love 21 Auditions. I have a few girls in mind to join the group. They'll be in this single, and I have an idea for the promotional video. What do you think of this?"

October 2001, four weeks before the release of Mr. Moonlight

"Yoshizawa-san, what do you think of Ogawa?" Tsunku asked. The leads for their new song were assembled in Tsunku's office as he filled them in on the new PV. The other girls were going over the steps with Natsu-sensei and getting fitted for outfits.

"Huh?" Yossie asked intelligently, and then blinked as she thought about it. In all truth, she wasn't sure what to think about the enigmatic new member, but she didn't think it would be a good idea to say anything negative in front of Tsunku. "She seems...nice."

"Nice?" Tsunku asked, a slight smile appearing. "That's all?"
"Well...I mean..." Goto and Abe snickering on either side of her wasn't helping much. "I just...don't really know her. Well."
"Ah," was Tsunku's ambiguous reply. "Well, you know, I was thinking about the promotional video for this single and your monologue. I thought maybe you should actually being saying it someone. What do you think?"
Completely confused as to where this was going and where Ogawa fit in, Yossie shrugged and said, "Sure. Why not?"
"Well, as you all should know, the Hello! Project is entirely made up of girls, and it wouldn't be very appropriate for me to stand in. So I thought you three could dress up as men, and Yoshizawa, you could romance Ogawa."

The snickers on either side of Yossie erupted into full-out laughter.

--------------------

This just sort of came up while I was watching the Mr. Moonlight PV and watching Oga'was graduation memorial DVD (*cries*) and they said they didn't really become friends till they were in Pucchimoni together, which got me thinking about how they felt about the Mr. Moonlight romance. That, and I'm a hopeless YoMakoer. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:32:23 AM by La Daphne »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Seeds of Love
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:47:37 AM »
Promising start! Please, keep going.

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »
O wow, Yomako!!
Second of all, she looked scary. Not that Yossie was scared, no way. But Makoto did not look like the sweetest, genkiest, friendliest girl. Her hair wasn't dyed, and it sharply constrated with her pale skin. Her eyebrows were also dark, and slanted slightly. When she was concentrating, she'd tip her head and zero in on the object. Overall, she looked stern. Severe.
Hah! that's what I thought when she went on utaban for Mr. Moonlight.

I agree with rndmnwierd! Please continue.
I like how you don't outright say what "it" is that Yossie can't see. Interesting!

Offline La Daphne

Seeds of Love
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:52:28 AM »
rdmnweird: Yay! Thanks!

orangesocks: I love Yomako. Its probably my numer one H!P ship.

------------------

To Dance / Yossie x Makoto / PG / PART II

One hour before "Mr. Moonlight" PV shooting begins

"Okay, so the shooting for the video starts this afternoon, right?" asked Natsu Mayumi as she faced Yoshizawa Hitomi and Ogawa Makoto in the TV Tokyo studio.
"Right," answered Yossie. Makoto was looking at Natsu with apprehension, as if waiting for a scolding.
"Okay. We've got about an hour to get you two figuring out what you're doing...so. Ogawa. Stand here." Makoto obediently moved, and Natsu tugged her arm and moved her a little more. "Alright. Nothing to worry about. Ogawa, you're a great dancer, so are you, Yoshizawa. So. I'll just show you two a few things that Tsunku and the director think would look good in the video. First would be the spin."

Makoto looked slightly alarmed, and Yossie had to laugh.

"Yoshizawa, stand a little over to the...there you go. Ogawa, face the other wall and stand a little in front...no. Behind. Okay, there we go. Now, take her hand...yes."

Yossie looked over at Makoto, who was blushing furiously.

"Now, Ogawa, twirl into her arms, and Yoshizawa, when she finishes -- Ogawa, listen up -- she'll put her hand here -- " Natsu put her hand to her shoulder to demonstrate " --and you'll take it and then look into each other's eyes and look sappy. Got it?"

Both nodded.

"And now the lean. This is I think all you really need to know. Yoshizawa, stand here, Ogawa, stand here. Right, now, Yoshizawa, near the end you'll have to lean over her, so don't fall over and don't drop her."
"Uhh..." Yossie tried to think of something to say. What if she dropped Makoto? That wouldn't be good. What would Tsunku say? Yossie could see the headlines -- Yoshizawa Hitomi Causes New Morning Musume Member to Lose Brain Cells!

"Ogawa, lean back. Yoshizawa, hold out your arms like this...yes. Ogawa, don't worry, she's got you. Good. This is the tricky part...Yoshizawa, lean over her and put your face close, but don't lose your own balance, and don't drop her."

It was a little easier than Yossie expected, but not much. Makoto was blushing and Yossie could feel her own face getting hot. She hoped Natsu-sensei wasn't noticing. Their faces were getting too close. Yossie quickly tried to move her head back to she didn't have to look into the other girl's stern face. In the process, she lost her own balance and nearly dropped Makoto, managing to catch her at the last second.

"Good save, Yoshizawa," Natsu said. "I hope that was on purpose."
"Uh...no. But I've got it. I was just...spacing out."
"Well, try it again."

They went on in this vein for the next forty-five minutes, with Natsu alternating between yelling at Yossie and yelling at Makoto. After Yossie had managed to successfully lean over Makoto without dropping her several times, Natsu declared the session over.

"I have to go work on the choreography for Melon Kinenbi's new song...you think you have it?"
"I've got it."
"Makoto?"
"Me too."
"Okay, then go. You'll need to get into your costumes and have your makeup done, so..."

Yossie surprised herself with the speed in which she walked away from the dance room and downstairs to studio.

"Yoshizawa-san! Wait up!"

She turned around to see a slightly breathless and still red-faced Makoto running behind her.

"Let's walk together, okay?" the younger girl suggested. Before Yossie could get her reply in, Makoto fell in step with her. The conversation stalled.
"You nervous?" Yossie asked, looking at the girl out of the corner of her eye. As a senpai, she decided it was her duty to care about the new girls.
"A little. How long will it take?"
"Should only take a day. But you never know. If it's really long, or we do a lot of costume and set changes, it takes up to three."
"But this one isn't too complicated."
"No way. Two days at the most."
"Do you always dress up as a guy in the promotional videos?" Makoto asked. Yossie couldn't tell whether or not she was joking.
"No, just this one."
"Oh." Apparently it was a joke that Yossie hadn't answered correctly.

They were thankfully nearing the studio.

"Hey, Yoshizawa-san?"
"Yeah?"
"I had fun today."

Yossie's answer surprised even herself.

"I kind of did too."

--------------------

I don 't think this one is as  good as the third part. The third part just sort of came out naturally. I had to pull this one by the teeth. :evil:  Still, hope you like.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 06:02:20 AM »
"Hey, Yoshizawa-san?"
"Yeah?"
"I had fun today."

Yossie's answer surprised even herself.

"I kind of did too."

Yay! :D Ai no Tane!

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 06:37:51 AM »
Ooh!  A YoMako fic! :pen_clap:  Been a while since I've come across one of those.  
You're definately off to a good start!  I'm looking forward to more!

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 03:09:51 PM »
'"Do you always dress up as a guy in the promotional videos?" Makoto asked. Yossie couldn't tell whether or not she was joking. '
haha! Oh Mako...
hehe, I'm excited to see Yossie fall for Mako. It's too cute to imagine young Yossie with Mako XD

Offline La Daphne

Seeds of Love
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »
rndnmwierd: Ai no Tane indeed! Can you tell where I got the story's title? :P

Blizzard: There is far too little written for YoMako. :cry:

orangesocks: I know! Young YoMako is somewhat of an overload of cute. :P

------------------

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves / Yossie x Makoto / PG / PART III

"Alright, we're nearly done with you," the director said, standing up. "Break's over. Everyone else can leave, we just need Yoshizawa and Ogawa."

Yossie had both been waiting for and dreading this. Her insides were doing something very, very funny. Slowly, she put away her lunch.

"Hurry up, Yoshizawa-san," Makoto said, hopping nervously from one foot to the other. She looked cute in her fifties dress. The big, nervous smile on her face made her look less intimidating. More approachable.

"I'm coming," Yossie said, and then flashed her most charming smile, holding out a hand. "Shall we dance?"

Makoto blushed, and then took the proffered hand. "We shall."

--------------------

It was different, dancing in their costumes. Back in the dance studio, they were both in pants and T-shirts. Here, Yossie was a young man in a suit, and Makoto was a young girl in a dress. It was different.

But it was nice. Makoto's blush on the cameras seemed less awkward, maybe because she was supposed to be blushing. Yossie couldn't tell with the hot lights on her, but she thought she might've been blushing too.

Or maybe that was the camera light burning a hole into her cheek.

Nevertheless, when Yossie took Makoto's hand and the two of them floated off with the moon behind them, it wasn't awkward at all.

--------------------

Ok, remember how I said that this chapter came out naturally? That's actually the next chapter. I put this in here because it popped into my head and I had to add it. I am so insane. :evil: This was another one that I had to drag out by the teeth.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 08:44:38 PM »
Isn't 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' a book about grammar? Oh, and I like this chapter, it's cute.

Offline La Daphne

Seeds of Love
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 10:56:18 PM »
Quote from: rndmnwierd;331657
Isn't 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' a book about grammar? Oh, and I like this chapter, it's cute.

Yes, yes it is. It's kind of a joke: they eat their lunch during the break, they shoot the scene, and then they leave.

...yeah...did I mention this was written at 4 AM? :P That might explain the bad humor.

Offline babydoll

• I'm getting the Sayubleed
  • Member+
  • Love me
Seeds of Love
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:10:59 AM »
@ the author of this story ^^: I like your story so far even though they were kiind of short. Maybe they could've been a little longer or a little more exciting. Other than that, it is good :) :D :ONbingo:.

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:59:45 AM »
Yay, another chapter! XD

I heard that the book 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' actually contained some grammatical errors despite being a handbook on English!

Anyway, I'm glad some of the awkwardness between the two has begun to melt away in this chappie. The last bit was so dreamy...

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 02:52:23 AM »
Lol, I didn't get it at first, but yay for 4am humor!

Offline La Daphne

Seeds of Love
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:34 AM »
xD.

So perhaps i should mention that this is more of a collection of vagely related vignettes/oneshots instead of a real story...which is why they are so short. I'm almost done with the next -- end is giving me a bit of trouble. See ya'll then. :)

Offline haidokun

• Member+
Seeds of Love
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 04:31:36 AM »
horrah for YoMako fic!!! :ONluvluv2:

It was a little easier than Yossie expected, but not much. Makoto was blushing and Yossie could feel her own face getting hot.

:baa60776:  i wish i saw that in real life!

your fic is so nice. write more. :panda_love:

Offline La Daphne

Re: Seeds of Love
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 08:35:18 PM »
Yay, next chap!

-------------------

Freetime / Yossie x Makoto / G / PART VI

November 2001, two weeks after the release of Mr. Moonlight

"Hey, um, Yoshizawa-san? Can I, um, ask you something?"

Yossie turned around to face the timid Ai Takahashi, who was staring at the floor with great concentration.

"Uh, sure."
"Well, um, a few days ago, we, um, caught Rika-chan and Kago-san when they were coming out of Tanpopo rehearsals, and, um, we went to lunch with them. Me and the rest of the, um, gokkies, I mean. And so, um, we were wondering if, um, next time you and, um, Tsuji might want to, um, come with us."

It took Yossie a while to process Ai's sentence through the "um"s and the thick Fukui accent, but when she did, she smiled at the younger girl.

"Okay. Want me to ask Nono?"
"Oh, um, Mako-chan already asked her. Um...what do you say...tomorrow?"
"Sure."
"Okay. Bye!" Takahashi looked as if she had just gotten done making a difficult speech in class, and she rushed off with a bright red face.
"Strange, that one..." Yossie mused as she went back to looking over their itinerary for the upcoming tour.

-------------------

The small restaurant was a frequent hangout of all the Hello! Project girls on their offtime, but Yossie hadn't been there often. Most of her outings with her senpai had been shopping, or that one time that Iida-san had treated all the fourth generation girls to lunch on Yuko's graduation tour. The few times Yossie had been in this restaurant were group celebrations or the occasional, "Yocchan, let's eat together, okay?" from Maki or Kei. Rarely any of the other girls. Ayaka and Mai never invited her out. The three of them preferred to raid Ayaka's stash of food from her Surprise English Lessons.

Tsuji had obviously been here before. It was one of her favorite spots to wreak havoc with Kago. Yossie could see her scoping it out for a good place to insert a bucket or water balloon the next time she visited.

A waiter hurried up as they sat down, and then groaned when he saw Tsuji. "Not again."

She smiled sweetly at him, wiggling her fingers. Niigaki laughed like this was the funniest thing she'd ever seen.

"What would you like?" he asked acidly to the still-giggling Niigaki. "I'm afraid we don't have a children's menu."

"Oh, that's alright!" she said, bouncing up and down in her seat. "I'll have..."

She went on to rattle off an astonishing amount of food. Yossie was beginning to get an idea of where she got all of her seemingly endless energy from.

Takahashi ordered a typical meal, though it took the waiter several moments to figure out what she was saying through her accent. Ogawa managed to get her order across clearly, and Konno mumbled so softly that finally, Ogawa translated for the waiter. Tsuji kept (purposefully) changing her mind on what she was going to order, and the waiter's forehead vein begain to throb. Yossie finally managed to get her order in, and the waiter took their menus and stumbled away gratefully.

"Poor guy," Tsuji said, not sounding a bit regretful as she sipped her water with surprising daintiness.
"Do you think we were too mean to him?" Konno asked. Yossie had to strain to hear her. Not only was she talking softly, she was also talking seemingly into her lap.
"Oi, Kon-chan. We're up here," Ogawa said, tilting the other girl's chin upwards.
"Sorry."

Their food arrived at the nick of time, promptly after Takahashi's stomach had given a rather almighty growl.

"Itadakimasu," they all said, and dug in.
"Mmm," Tsuji said. "I love it here. You've never been here, Yocchan?"
"Only a few times," Yossie answered after she managed to choke down her noodles.
"We should come here more often," Tsuji said. "I'd love to spend some more time here."
"I'll bet the waiter wouldn't like that very much," Ogawa put in, and they all laughed, save for Konno, who giggled softly.
"Ai-chan, you've been quiet," Niigaki commented as she shoveled abnormally large amounts of meat into her mouth.
"I was...thinking about the single."
"Don't remind me," Ogawa said. "I'm nervous enough as it is."
"Don't be!" Tsuji piped up. "You'll do fine. You did a great job in the video -- I know, I saw you -- and you and Yocchan over here are just so cute."
Yossie's face flamed. Why did it keep doing that so often, and why was it always in the presence of that irritating Makoto Ogawa? The only response Yossie could come up with was, "Shut up, Nono."
"So cuuuuute!" cooed Tsuji. Makoto's face, now matching Yossie's, was a brighter red than the sauce that they had been given to dip their food into. (The sauce being a rather vibrant shade.)
Konno and Takahashi both ducked their heads to hide their giggling, but Niigaki endeared herself to Tsuji forever by laughing uproariously, causing the flustered waiter to look repeatedly in their direction. Makoto's eyes darted nervously at Yossie, gauging her reaction.
"Look at Yoshizawa-san!" Tsuji said, pointing at her now furious friend. "She's blushing!"
"Mako-chan is, too!" Niigaki shrieked excitedly.
"They're in loooooove!" Tsuji yelled, rather loudly. Several patrons turned their heads to look at her.

Yossie couldn't take it anymore. She abruptly pushed her chair back, knowing she was being rude. But she was so mad and embarrassed, she couldn't see straight.

"You're not funny," she snapped at Tsuji, and then stormed out, the other five girls staring after her.

-------------------

I was gonna post this before the forum went down...but then, well, you know what happened, ne?

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 09:19:29 PM »
hummm Yossie's embarrassed...

At the beginning of the chapter, I thought, "eh? Is this going to turn into a love triangle with Takitty??

I wonder where the story's going to go from here...

By the way, I loved the inclusion of Gaki-san!! <3
She does seem to yell out her words a lot. haha

Offline Makoto_Ogawa

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »
Wow great fic it's about time there's some yomako fics. I can't wait to read more! ;D

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »
I'm digging the Gaki Nono thing, I could imagine them teaming up to forever tease Yossui and Makoto. Aww, but I wonder how Nono's going to apologize to Yossui or even if she will.

And yay! You're back!

Offline La Daphne

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 03:48:11 AM »
glad you're all likin it. :)

-------------------

Gomen Nasai / Yossie x Makoto / G / PART V

November 2001, two days after The Great Restaurant Incident

"Yoshizawa-san?"

Yossie looked up, half-expecting it to be either Tsuji or Makoto, the former coming to profusely apologize (as if) the latter to...well, Yossie wasn't sure.

It was neither. It was Asami Konno. Yossie was happy to see her and have a chance to talk to her, but was confused as to why none of the other gokkies were in tow. Konno was practically terrified of her senpai, if her behavior around them indicated anything.

"Konno-san!" Yossie smiled, trying to calm the girl down. Konno's leg was bouncing with such vigor that it looked about to pop off. "What's up?"

"Um, Yoshizawa-san, um...the other day, at the, um, restaurant..." Good grief, this girl was as bad as Takahashi.
"Konno, it's okay. I don't bite."
"Oh...um, well. Anyway. I just...thought I should say, um, don't be too mad at Mame-chan or Mako. Please? Tsuji-san was just, um, joking around. So...um..."
Yossie's face broke out into an unexpected smile. "I know. You're really brave, Konno, for coming to say that."
"A-arigatou, Yoshizawa-san. So...will you make up with them?"
"Of course."

Meanwhile...

"She hates me."
Risa Niigaki nervously patted Makoto Ogawa on the arm. "No, she doesn't. She hates Tsuji."
"Thanks, Mame-chan," growled Tsuji.
"Makochan, what does it matter if Yossie hates you? She'd be the only one," Ai said, trying to comfort her friend.
"But I want everyone to like me!"
"Oh, I'd say Yossie likes you a lot," snickered Tsuji.
"Shut up, Nono," all three gokkies said in unison.
"Has anyone seen Kon-chan?" asked Ai, tactfully trying to distract the girls. "I haven't seen her since this morning. She was acting really weird. All pale and sweaty."
"Kon-chan always acts like that whenever she has to go talk to any of the others," Makoto said. "She's fine."
"Does she have to go to talk to anyone?" Tsuji asked. "I thought Ogawa here was your spokesperson."
"Shut up, Nono," Ai said tiredly.
"That's getting really old."

"Hey, everyone..."

Their heads all snapped up, and standing over them was none other than Yoshizawa Hitomi.

"Yoshizawa-san, I'm sorry about -" Niigaki started, but Yossie cut her off.
"It's okay, Niigaki." She very pointedly looked at Tsuji, who hung her head, although in a rather dramatic fashion.
"I'm sorry, Yocchan."
"It's cool, Tsuji."
She turned to Makoto. "Makoto? Could I talk to you?"
Taking the hint, the younger girl stood up and followed Yossie outside the room.

"Look -" they both said at the same time, and then stopped. Makoto smiled, and Yossie could feel yet another smile on her own lips. "You first."
"Okay," Ogawa said, looking slightly nervous, but not near a breakdown, the way Konno had. "I...um. I feel kinda bad."
"About what?"
"Like...ever since this Mr. Moonlight thing, it's been hard to talk to you. Not that it wasn't before...but, like, well...with Tsuji teasing you, us about the whole thing. I want you to like me, you know?"
"Yeah," Yossie said, looking down at the stern face in front of her. "That's kinda what happened too...let's just forget this ever happened, okay?"
Makoto bit her lip. "I -"
She stopped, and then shrugged in a resigned matter. "Okay. If you want."
"Yeah. But we can still...try to be friends? Is that okay?"
"Sure. It is."

-------------------

Yay, resolution...or is it?

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Shibafu feat. Shuntarou Tanikawa