JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror

Author Topic: (Group) I.O.I (아이오아이)  (Read 26747 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) I.O.I (아이오아이)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »

More Chrysalis teasers! Enormous versions: Yeonjung, Yoojung, Mina, Doyeon, Chungha, Sohye, Nayoung.

More Star1, medium-size.

Chungha lived in Dallas for 7-8 years! Explains why somi spoke to her in English in their ioi show

https://twitter.com/TWICEjokbal/status/725614788252831745
Check the tweet to here Chungha speak some English!

Yeah people have been speculating since "Body Lotion"... I just wonder why this never came up earlier, that's a long damn time, almost half of her life. Cool beans in any case. :P

--

Added a list of the subtitled stuff to the first post. I'll add some common places to find short clips as well, like this youtube channel by Linz.

Major addition:
2016.04.26 - Sugarman episode 28 (IOI, Jessi, Hanhae) - Yubseyo sub (part 1, part 2)

Real fun show. It's about bringing back some old songs and their original performers... then some current producers and artists remix and cover them for an audience of people divided into four groups: Teens, twentysomethings, thirtysomethings and fortysomethings. Yoo Jae-Suk (Running Man, half of Korean tv) and You Hee-Yeol (Sketchbook etc) both have teams that compete against each other and the audience votes for their fave new performance in the end.

There's a lot of non-IOI stuff in this 1h30min show, but it has some great moments with the girls as well. Lots of good reactions for example. And Yoo Jae-Suk is a huge Produce101/IOI fanboy. It's just fun watching him react to the girls, and Hee-Yeol getting all embarrassed for him haha.

And the final performance of the girls is great, of course. First stage, aced. :thumbup

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 02:16:52 AM »
Stand by IOI episode 2 RAW part 1, part 2 (subs should be out pretty soon, too)

I'm beyond bummed Stand by IOI is already over, coz I could watch it every week for the whole year. Exhibit A, Exhibit B.

--

Aaahhhhhhh. The girls performed at Lotte World (Hip Song, Yum-Yum, 24 Hours & Pick Me). There's a million fancams out there as well...

Here's one with the full thing. Modest quality though. And zam's youtube channel had a few good focus ones, at least.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 07:24:09 PM »

An MV teaser, finally. Endless pastels.

--

Also, Stand sy IOI episode 2 subs by Yubseyo are out: part 1, part 2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:06:00 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »

M!Countdown teaser... Thursday, May 5th. The only other Music Show scheduled for now is The Show on the 10th. No matter, there's tons of variety stuff at least, and that's actually way more important for exposure.

The girls will have a showcase on the same day as well... Thursday, May 5th, 4pm KST. It'll be broadcasted live on 1theK youtube channel. \o/

--

IOI also now has an official Twitter account.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 09:46:12 AM »

Well then... let's check out the album.

--

Damn, why can't that album intro track be a full song? None of the new songs are very good here. Dream Girls is pretty generic and kind of all over the place... it has some good parts but other parts then ruin those parts and the end result is pretty underwhelming. The rest of the songs are really not my style, although Doo Wap sounds aight (others might enjoy them more though).

YMC is sitting on this goldmine and this is what they do with it... sad. (Famous Bro who did the title track is a YMC house producer... I really doubt the girls had that many options if they even really got to choose from a bunch of tracks to debut with...) Also everything from simple website design to teasers and social media presence, YMC has done a horrible job. I'll cut them a little slack because of the insane time constraints, but that doesn't excuse them of everything.

But hey, the visuals are on point at least. (Actually, the more I watch the MV, the more I like the song. This is that "kpop effect", and I really like all of these girls haha...)

Now... let's get more variety appearances. :P

--

Damn, it's hopeless. After a good dozen viewings, I'm into it already. This is fine.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:56:45 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
Live showcase official upload a few posts below.

--

Showcase was really nice, hope they upload the replay soon.

It was like a mini-concert really, they performed:

Pick Me
Knock Knock Knock
When The Cherry Blossoms Fade
24 Hours
Yum-Yum
Dream Girls
Crush
In The Same Place

Hip Song would have made it perfect but hey, can't have everything. Also, the camerawork was largely terrible during the more action-filled performances.

There was a lot of banter and fun stuff... and uh, this for example:nervous
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:32:02 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »

M!Countdown performances. They started with Knock Knock Knock which was a nice and mellow way to introduce everyone... each girl had their turn to sing.

Then, BAM, Dream Girls, which is a really fun stage song. Dem fan chants... Good times. Oh and in the end, when Twice won #1, Somi was there. :D

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »

Some official pics. Not sure why Chaeyeon's solo shot is missing, though. These are probably from Naver, maybe her being in Dia screwed with their system or something.

"Sixteen" peeps reunited at last... Twice with IOI, so I dub this group... Twioice! I like how they put the two Minas together. :lol:

Yeonjung found her old buddies as well. :D

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »
Whew, lots of stuff today. At one point, The girls were on three shows at the same time... and I tried to watch all of them.

SNL Korea was perfect. The writers utilized pretty much everything the girls were famous for, their memorable produce 101 moments and unique personality traits to make the skits. We got Sohye showing off her acting chops and going completely insane, Old man Sejeong, Switch Yoojung, Ending girl Chaeyeon, and so on. Love the attention to detail.

My favorite skit was easily the "3 minute little sister" skit where this dude basically gets these kits that create little sisters for him, and of course they're modeled after our girls. Seems ideal, but naturally it goes horribly wrong haha. Just glorious.

There's plenty of more clips on the TVN Youtube page.

--

After SNL Korea there was Knowing Brothers, and it was pretty damn hilarious. It was basically Produce 101 all over again with some new "girls" added to the mix. Then there were dance battles, pillow fights and even dance performances in the end. Good stuff. And uh...

:shocked:

--

There was also Battle Trip with the girls as judges/audience(?) but I concentrated on Knowing Bros to preserve my sanity.

I'll add some raws and eventual subs later.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »

Live showcase official upload on the 1theK channel, with subs and everything. Still have to watch, setlist a few posts above.

Chrysalis unboxing... this guy is so into it, it's great haha. "oh my gaa oh my gaa photocaarrrd" :lol:

Man, if I was still into buying stuff like this, the limited edition would've been pretty damn sweet.

--

Here's an engsub for the SNL Korea skit "Three Minute Little Sister", aka best thing ever:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x498jeo

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 01:47:25 AM »

MTV The Show perfs. The girls got third place on the show without any physical sales, pretty sweet for rookies.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 11:39:56 PM »

Here's more Chungha speaking English... with bonus Yoojung. :lol: More subbed clips on the channel.

M!CD 160512. Outfits are pretty cute. These or the sporty ones from the press showcase are among my favorites.

Also:

2016.05.07 - Knowing Brothers - Yubseyo sub (part 1, part 2)

Just watched it earlier, fun stuff with many memorable moments. XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 01:23:24 AM »

Teaser of IOI on Greatest Love. Tears! Love confessions! Stay tuned.

--

More subbed stuff:

SNL Korea - Uncle Fan Skit (Yubseyo sub)
Unnie's Slam Dunk ep 6 (IOI cut) (Oh_mes sub)
KBS Good Morning (Yubseyo sub)

Good stuff... Slam Dunk was great, explains why they were going all hippity hoppity with Tiffany at M!CD... :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:39 AM »

Music Bank perf. Finally, and with some live singing too.

--

More subbed stuff:

Battle Trip (IOI cut) (Smile&N "not perfect" subs)
Greatest Love ep. 55 (IOI cut) (Yubseyo + OH_mes)

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 06:44:15 AM »

What is with this classic SNSD song covers? All the feels.

Also first subunit members are gonna be announced later this week. Fingers crossed for Chae Yeon and Se Jong
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:59:25 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 12:03:36 PM »
^ The Rite of passage for a new group. :P

Also first subunit members are gonna be announced later this week. Fingers crossed for Chae Yeon and Se Jong

Chae has promotions with Dia so I find that highly unlikely. Also Nayoung and Jieqiong are supposed to do a concert or stuff with Pledis Girlz, so maybe they're out too.

The most probable ones are Somi, Chungha, Sohye and Yeonjung since there hasn't been any rumours/news about their activities. Since there's nothing concrete about Jellyfish/Fantagio girls though, all of them remain possible. Sejeong and/or Yoojung will surely be there though, I would think.

The only other reason for Sejeong being out of this unit (outside Jellyfish doing something) is that her popularity is large enough to sustain solo activities. She could just keep doing Welcome Show and random variety for the whole year at this point if she wanted, I think.

--

More subs:

Douma family is the best. :lol:

2016.05.24 - Taxi ep. 429 (team ideal subs)
2016.06.02 - Happy Together ep. 451 (with Somi and her family)

Talents for sale (aka Welcome Show) with Sejeong as the "Show Fairy" is also airing subbed on KBS World TV with a week's+ delay.

2016.05.18 - Talents for Sale ep. 1 (with Sejeong)
2016.05.25 - Talents for Sale ep. 2 (with Sejeong & IOI)
2016.06.01 - Talents for Sale ep. 3 (with Sejeong & Somi (also Hyosung mmh...))

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 10:46:07 AM »
Well, now we have something concrete! Jellyfish has confirmed they're debuting their new girl group... by the end of this month!

https://twitter.com/jellyfish_ent/status/740000949716975616
http://www.jelly-fish.co.kr/sub/news_notice_view.php?bo_table=notice&wr_id=26&page=1

Girls being worked to death, but what else is new?

So, that would mean the first IOI sub-unit will likely include Somi, Yeonjung, Chungha and Sohye + possibly Yoojung and Doyeon + maybe Nayoung and Jieqiong.

Making a thread for the Jellyfish group shortly... and done:

http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=40612.0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:15:48 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »
Subunit members confirmed to be:

Somi, Chungha, Sohye, Yoojung, Doyeon, Nayoung and Jieqiong.

As expected, Jellyfish girls and Chaeyeon are busy with their own groups, but the notable omission here is Yeonjung.

Starship also added that the reason Yeonjung was excluded from the lineup was:

"She's going back to train to show everyone a brighter and better side of her in the future promotions and schedules"

Sounds like a lot of bullcrap to me, but whatever I guess.

First unit performance will be June 18th.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »

IOI on Immortal Songs 2. Man, they should stick to doing cover songs only. This along with the Hip Song cover is my fave stuff from them easy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:46:55 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »

We don't have a Dia thread and these need to be posted. Well hello there Chaeyeon. 8)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror