JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Rewind

Author Topic: The Official Playstation Portable (PSP/Vita) Thread  (Read 62388 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The official Playstation Portable (PSP) Thread
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
PSP eh? Well I'm not sure whether or not they'll fit your tastes but I can name you some of my favourites:

Lumines
Final Fantasy Tactics : War of the Lions
Final Fantasy VII : Crisis Core
Final Fantasy : Dissidia
Monster Hunter Tri
Outrun 2 : Coast to Coast
Syphon Filter : Logan's Shadow

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »
Same here!
Best PSP game was FF VII: Crisis Core! ^__^
And of course Dissidia!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
PSP2 Announced - Next Generation Portable

Sony Computer Entertainment kingpin Kaz Hirai has unveiled the company's next generation portable device at a conference in Tokyo today – and it's currently codenamed NGP.

That stands for Next Generation Portable, helpfully, and Hirai promised it would include a revolutionary control system, location-based entertainment, social features and augmented reality features.

NGP is due out this "holiday season", Hirai announced.

NGP includes a five-inch OLED display, dual analogue sticks, d-pad and face buttons, front and rear touch pads, 3G and Wi-Fi integration, Sixaxis motion control and a three-axis electronic compass. There are even front and rear cameras "suitable for gameplay".

The thumb sticks are described as "micro analogue sticks", which are raised ala DualShock, rather than PSP-style nubs. There are also shoulder buttons, start/select and a PS button evident in the units shown in Tokyo.

The rear touch panel is exactly the same size as the five-inch screen, so your finger's location will be replicated exactly on the screen. Using the front and rear panels in concert, it's possible to "pinch", which has useful gameplay applications.

Sony said the screen resolution would be four times that of the original PlayStation Portable, which displayed images at 480x272, for the record. It promises a wide viewing angle "perfect for users who like to lie down while playing games".
'PSP2 unveiled: Next Generation Portable' Screenshot 1

Sony's NGP.

Presumably NGP will do a lot of business with PlayStation Store, but it does use what's called a "new game medium", what Sony calls a small flash memory based card dedicated for NGP software titles.

"Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store the full software titles plus add-on game content or the game save data directly on to the card," Sony revealed. "By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games."

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida said that the advantages of NGP were PlayStation 3-quality visuals, a high-quality screen, dual analogue sticks and a combination of traditional control with motion and touch panels.

NGP will also include compatibility with PlayStation Suite – an Android-based store for PlayStation content announced earlier.

Hirai said that while Sony was looking to offer cross-platform experiences – hence the collusion with Android – NGP was a necessary component of the format holder's drive to offer "a captivating ultimate portable gaming experience".

Offline Isoyamaniac

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »

I'm really excited about the NGP. Little Deviants and Minna no Golf Next looks very nice.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »
Added a PSP to see how remote control/play works and to see how digital copies go on the PS3/PSP:

Payed only 150 euro's for it because of some special going on (had no idea, but hey 20 euro less to pay  :) )

Now I need to find a way to get WPA2 working... it does communicate WPA to the PS3, but I have my AP on WPA2-AES(/TKIP)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2012, 09:02:03 AM »
hey not only is AKB 1/153 Renai Sousenkyo the only reason to geta Vita. they got PSP1 games too!!

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2012, 04:49:18 PM »
Cool!

I should be getting my Vita in about a week for my birthday.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »
I've been thinking of getting PS Vita for few days now, really tempting  :ph43r: First I thought of PSP cos of all those FF and Kingdom Hearts games, but Vita just looks more awesome and I bet there are and will be great games released on it. Also, u can download PSP games on ur Vita, right? So I could get those FF and KH anyway? (even tho I love to have the real game box in my hands, not just a file in memory card, but oh well XD )

The cheapest new Vita with Wi-fi I found online is €199, I guess that's around the price u get it as new?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:57:21 PM by +u+u »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
€199 seems about right for a new one. They do have a back catalog of not only PSP games, but PS1 games as well, so you can even have FFVI through to FFIX to download to your mem stick. The lack of Vita games though is...concerning At the minute, Gravity Rush seems to be the only worthy game for it and Persona 4 Golden is the only one I know of that's coming out in the future. If it wasn't for the fact that the Vita has a huge back catalogue of PSP and PS1 games I'd say it would be in more trouble than it is (the original PSP is still outselling it in Japan)

Just double check that the PSP games you want are available on the PS store. Some are, like Dissidia Duodecim, but I checked there and found that FFVII:Crisis Core and KH:Birth By Sleep aren't on the PS store, which means you wouldn't be able to play them on the Vita.

A Vita would be cool, it looks like a sexy piece of hardware, but I dunno, a PSP might work out cheaper and you can still play all those games and have games in the PS store to play on. It's an awesome machine for JRPG's, and honestly, some of Square's best games this generation have been out on it (Dissidia Duodecim, Tactics Ogre, Birth By Sleep).

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
^ Ohh! Thank you! It didn't even came to my mind that the games might not be available in the store ;A; Pheww~ Hmmm.. maybe I'll go for PSP instead. It's true it's cheaper and there are more games on it and I think the older games ain't too expensive either. I need to do some more researching!  :D

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: The Official Playstation Portable (PSP) Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
Yeah, it's a toss-up in someways, but I'd lean towards the Vita.

The Vita is very nice. The screen is about twice the size and much brighter and sharper, and it has a number of great games (Gravity Rush, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Disgaea 3). The PSP library is mostly complete - but there are a couple notable exceptions (Sony promises to get them soon...). Battery life is pretty decent, and it does most things a tablet does (touchscreen, Facebook, Youtube, web browser, video, music). I never use the camera, but it's there.

It is considerably heavier than the original PSP though.

The original PSP is cheaper, runs old disc games (as long as its not a Go), is a lot lighter and has a smaller footprint so it's easier to fit in a bag or backpack.

The biggest difference for me is the control. The PSVita's analog stick is much better than the PSP's - it's not stiff, much more comfortable and seems more precise. My hand got sore playing something like God of War on the PSP - that's not really as much of a problem on the Vita.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
Well, I just went for the PSP 3000 model  :D There are lotsa games that should keep me busy for a long time. And maybe after like two years I'll get the Vita when it's gotten cheaper and have more games too 8D

Offline herroen

• ecchi
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
I like RPG, I'd love to play PSP RPG games.
Does anyone has recommendations for 10 best RPG in PSP?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
Not sure about 10 (my PSP library isn't that huge), but there's a few good ones.

PSP has a lot of good tactical RPGs - FF Tactics, Disgaea games, Jeanne d'Arc. It's like its own sub-genre,

Crisis Core is still awesome. I really liked Ys VII as well.

Offline herroen

• ecchi
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »
Not sure about 10 (my PSP library isn't that huge), but there's a few good ones.

PSP has a lot of good tactical RPGs - FF Tactics, Disgaea games, Jeanne d'Arc. It's like its own sub-genre,

Crisis Core is still awesome. I really liked Ys VII as well.
FF & Disgaea are widely known as award winning games.
So I think everybody agree with you on that.
What is Jeanne d'Arc? I've never heard of it. Is is good?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
Yeah, it's a turn-based tactical RPG set in a very, very loose interpretation of the story of Joan of Arc. The strategy and combat are pretty interesting, and there's good variety in upgrades. It might be a bit easy if you're used to Fire Emblem.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:19 AM »
GOT IT i saw the madden 50 bucks off again so BOOM. get it while it's hot:  just 9 left!!
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/psv-playstation-vita-madden-nfl-13-bundle-22145/10207431.aspx?path=9b566cf6f5068333d2d32188b71ce600en02

cuz i got the AKB48 dating game http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=33496.0 :halo: LETS GET It ON.

Anyone got any fave games to recommend? MLB the show any good?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: The Official Playstation Portable (PSP/Vita) Thread
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »
COOL MAN!!! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/04/more-ps-vita-anniversary-deals-this-week-including-new-free-games/

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store! In addition, you’ll also find a brand new set of downloadable PS Vita games on sale at a great discount. The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:

Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
Patapon (PSP)
Piyotama (PSP)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

Here are the PS Vita games that are on sale for a 30% discount. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get 50% off:

Army Corps of Hell
Big Sky: Infinity
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Dokuro
DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
Knytt Underground
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes French
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Orgarhythm
Pure Chess
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora (with Trial)
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter X Tekken
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
We also added a few more games to the sale, with the following discounts as noted:
FIFA Soccer 13 (30% off)
Madden NFL 13 (30% off)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath (25% off) (New patch details here)

Also, we want to remind you that the March savings promotion is still going on this week, where you can get $10 back for every $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! So be sure to take advantage of the PS Vita anniversary sale and the March savings promotion while you can by heading over to PS Store!

and more sales!? I got the free games, Wild Arms and some Demos like WHOA Gravity Rush cool. PS Vita gots to watch dis

lol I been getting some demos here and there stuffing my 4 gb memory card, what games y'all playing??

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2013, 04:33:28 PM »
Get a vita on d1. there are not too many games right now but some are coming and games like persona4 and gravity rush are just amazing. I'm happy for my purchase now, but i'd like to see more games. (toukiden looks good)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2014, 06:39:39 AM »
Sony retires the decade-old PSP in Japan to make way for the Vita
BY Daniel Cooper | June 3rd 2014

It had a good run, but Sony has decided to bring the curtain down on the PlayStation Portable. The company has announced that June's shipment of the hardware will be the last in Japan, and local users looking to upgrade to the PS Vita can earn a $30 or $40 trade-in discount across the summer. The Verge is reporting that the handheld was quietly discontinued in North America back in January, and we'd assume that European sales of the ten-tear-old device will be next to face the chop. It looks as if Sony is now doing its best to push buyers toward the newly-resurgent PS Vita, which has ridden a wave of success kickstarted by indie titles like Hotline Miami.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/03/sony-retires-psp-in-japan/

Kinda crazy to think that the PSP is actually 10 years old. I still remember the first time I saw a student proudly bring one to school and all the attention that he got from the other kids for it.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Rewind