JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Indipiina Alternative Box

Author Topic: (Group) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi  (Read 16268 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: (Group) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:45 PM »
"Bring it" download link:

Gets --> http://www.sendspace.com/file/otvx9t

Looking forward to see them at the Expo! I hope I can shoot some pics, but don't count on it.

Offline atomic_particle

• Member+
  • I also want a Chocolate Love (>.<)
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »
PUFFY!

Honestly I don't like the cartoon for kiddies Puffy AmiYumi, though they can benefit from it being known world wide. Maybe they can re-format the cartoon and make it similar to "Daria".   :mon star:

I like their songs especially Dareka ga and My Story. I saw a video of them at YouTube and they were great doing live performances.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 01:46:09 AM »
Puffy was my first J-Pop love. I first got into them after randomly buying one of their discs 7 or 8 years ago, and afterward I built up a pretty sizable collection.

However, my enthusiasm for them has waned in recent years with their last couple of records (especially Bring it!, which I thought was pretty weak). I think it's actually kind of funny how Puffy's American fan base seemed to all lose interest simultaneously; it used to be a decent-sized fandom, but nowadays it's pretty quiet -- though that could be because Ami and Yumi have stopped trying to crack the American market.

And yeah, they definitely rock in concert. I saw them during the Splurge! Splurge! Splurge! tour in 2006, and it was great. Too bad the entire venue was mostly filled with children and their parents.

Offline atomic_particle

• Member+
  • I also want a Chocolate Love (>.<)
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 05:11:51 AM »
I think it's actually kind of funny how Puffy's American fan base seemed to all lose interest simultaneously; it used to be a decent-sized fandom, but nowadays it's pretty quiet -- though that could be because Ami and Yumi have stopped trying to crack the American market.
That could be one of the many reasons, but I still hope they will continue what they started and be known world-wide.

And yeah, they definitely rock in concert. I saw them during the Splurge! Splurge! Splurge! tour in 2006, and it was great. Too bad the entire venue was mostly filled with children and their parents.
What a nice name for a tour -  Splurge! Splurge! Splurge! - nice sound effects, really creative there.  XD
It's a good sign, when those kids grow up they can be Puffy hardcore fans.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »
That could be one of the many reasons, but I still hope they will continue what they started and be known world-wide.

Well, they did play in France last year, so I guess there's hope that they'd come back to the U.S. if someone would want them.

It's a good sign, when those kids grow up they can be Puffy hardcore fans.

Eh, I'm pretty sure most of the kids were there because of the Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi cartoon (it was still on the air back then), so I don't know if any of them grew up to be hardcore fans.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 01:04:29 AM »
Double post, but this thread is kind of dead anyway. :lol:

Quote from: Tokyograph
Puffy sings for, appears in space comedy movie
Sat, March 27, 2010 (4:05pm EDT)

Puffy has two new songs with tie-ins. The first, titled "Fish On," is being used as the theme song for the movie "Uchuu de Ichiban Wagamama na Hoshi," directed by TV Asahi producer Hiroaki Ito.

"Uchuu de Ichiban Wagamama na Hoshi" is a comedy about five men who get the opportunity to achieve their dream of traveling to outer space. Produced in collaboration with Yoshimoto Kogyo, the movie stars Koji Ookura, Kitaro, Gori, Michael Tomioka, and Kazuma Sano. In addition to singing the theme song, the two members of Puffy appear on screen in minor roles. Other minor cast members include Rika Ishikawa and several popular comedians.

"Uchuu de Ichiban Wagamama na Hoshi" is being screened twice at the Okinawa International Movie Festival, which started on March 20 and runs until March 28.

Puffy's other new song, "Jet Love," is being used as the theme song on NTV's afternoon variety show "DON!," the successor to "Omoikkiri DON!" The revamped show starts airing on March 29.
Original article

As the article notes, the movie is the same space comedy that Rika has a minor role in.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Group) PUFFY aka PUFFY AmiYumi to Perform At NYAF!!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 10:02:32 AM »
^ Double Post Away!! I am sure shit will pick up here's a thread for it: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=25527.0

JPHiP.com's DJ Ping of Ping's 3x10 Charts and Pingtastic Hot Release reports that

Puffy AmiYumi to Perform At NYAF!

Since 2008, the New York Anime Festival along with our friends at Superglorious, have presented the Far East To East Showcase FETES -- a night of music that brings together musical artists from both America and Japan, focusing on the borderlessness of song, and creating an evening appealing to anime fans, audiophiles, and casual New Yorkers interested in something new. Superglorious and NYAF are today proud to reveal this year's FETES will be taking place on Sunday, October 10 in the historic Irving Plaza (East 15th Street, New York, NY) for the first time, and we'll be presenting a roster of performers fully befitting the hallowed concert hall.

Like who? We'll, if you didn't figure it out by the title, Puffy AmiYumi will be headlining the event!

An eclectic, awesome, and prolific musical duo, Puffy AmiYumi, composed of singers Ami Onuki and Yumi Yoshimura, debuted in 1996 with the million selling single Asia No Junshin. Since then, their music has made them household names in Japan, leading to numerous hit songs, commercial appearances, and even their own television show. In 2000, Puffy AmiYumi began releasing albums and touring in the US. In 2004, Cartoon Network created an original cartoon, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, which became one of the most watched cartoons in the world -- having been broadcast in 110 different countries. In 2006, Puffy AmiYumi were appointed the Goodwill Ambassadors of the Visit Japan Campaign for the US. In 2009, Puffy AmiYumi performed in Europe for the first time in front of 5,000+ people in Paris's Japan Expo. In the same year, they sang the theme song to the Naruto film Naruto Shippuden 3: Inheritors of the Will of Fire. Their latest album, Bring it!, includes All Because Of You and I Don’t Wanna written by Avril Lavigne and her producer Butch Walker, Hiyori Hime written by the Japanese female rock icon Sheena Ringo, the theme song to the new Genji anime series, and other songs written by numerous stellar song writers.

Puffy AmiYumi will be appearing at the New York Anime Festival and New York Comic Con throughout the weekend for panel discussions and autograph signings before taking the stage on Sunday night at Irving Plaza. Tickets to FETES are $22 in advance and $25 at the doors. Tickets can be ordered at Irving Plaza's Box Office or via Ticketmaster starting July 9th.

Keep your eyes peeled as FETES will be announcing further details and additional acts throughout the summer.

For more, visit...

www.superglorious.com
www.puffyamiyumi.com

source: http://www.mediumatlarge.net/2010/07/puffy-amiyumi-to-perform-at-nyaf.html

Official site for registering n shit: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/NYAF/

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:41 PM »

love them, but I'm so not up-to-date with J-music atm, do they have a new album coming?

I wish they would tour Europe,too!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:12 AM »
^ me no either lol

New York Anime Festival panel has been announced!

Far East To East Showcase

Date: Saturday, October 9

Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm

Speaker: TBA

Track: NYCC/NYAF Panels

Description: Superglorious is presenting the Far East To East Showcase -- with Puffy AmiYumi, Boom Boom Satellites, Zazen Boys, and Echosteam -- on Saturday night. Meet all the bands right here!

Their autograph session is ticketed...

Puffy AmiYumi Autograph Experience Tickets

Japanese guests Puffy AmiYumi are performing as part of Superglorious's Far East to East Showcase on Sunday, October 10. They'll be appearing at NYAF, too, on Saturday, October 9. For the ultimate fan, Sony is proud to present this limited Puffy AmiYumi Autograph Experience ticket. It includes tickets to the New York Anime Festival, the Far East to East Showcase, and a meet and greet with Puffy at NYAF. Puffy will not be holding a public autographing signing at NYAF, so this is your sole chance to get up close and get their autograph. Please note: This is not a VIP ticket offered by NYCC/NYAF and does not include any additional VIP perks.

Priced at $150
Limited to 50 tickets
Meet and Greet with Puffy takes place in a private room at 3:45 PM on Saturday, October 9
Meet and Greet includes a pre-signed photograph of Puffy
Puffy will not be signing autographs live
Puffy's management have asked that photographs not be taken during their Meet and Greet
You’ll be contacted within two business days of your order with confirmation and more information
Order by 11:59 PM EST on October 3

get em here: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/NYCC/Autographs/Ticketed-Autographs/

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
150 dollar?! damn...

Here's a pic I took at the signing at the Japan Expo 2009 in Paris:

Concert was cool as well. Live band =   :thumbup

It looked like the girls don't like each other though, they hardly looked at each other once during the entire show  :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »
damn holdin out on us Barrie! Awesome you met em :)

Here's a message for NYAF:

hit up Supergloious.com to help pick Puffy's playlist!

Puffy AmiYumi are giving fans the chance to help program their show, and it's simple.  Got a favorite Puffy song?  Darekaga?  Radio Tokyo?  Teen Titans Go?  Vote for your favorite now, and Puffy will be sure the songs with the most votes get into their NYC show.

Vote now here...

http://www.superglorious.com/f-e-t-e-s-2010-help-build-puffy-amiyumis-setlist

Offline superthefox

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 11:28:10 PM »

New PV

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Puffy was my first J-Pop love.

me 2 - i've had a crush on yumi for a so long  :heart:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
Good news, we hope, :? new single and album from Puffy is scheduled to come out.

Here's the PV for the single. :)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 12:21:30 AM »
Puffy likes their creamy MOW! (Ice Cream)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:01 AM »
Song used in above CM

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »
Dang, nearly a year since the last post.

PUFFY's Yoshimura Yumi divorces for the 2nd time
January 1, 2014 @ 12:46 am

PUFFY's Yoshimura Yumi has announced her divorce through their fan club site.

Yoshimura ended her marriage with Nishikawa Takanori (T.M.Revolution) in 2002. She then married a non-celebrity man on December 31, 2009 and welcomed their first child in August of 2012.

Through the recent post on the fan club site, she commented, "From now on, I will devote myself more and more. I will do my best with work. I will give a lot of love to my son. I will make a lot of effort to live each day happily,"

Source: natalie
LINKS
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/01/puffys-yoshimura-yumi-divorces-for-the-2nd-time
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/106957

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »
TokyoHive.com - PUFFY to hold U.S. tour in April
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2017/01/puffy-to-hold-us-tour-in-april
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/215560

[Puffy AmiYumi US TOUR 2017 "NOT LAZY"]

Tuesday, April 4 - The Belasco Theater (Los Angeles, California)
Thursday, April 6 - The Regency Ballroom (San Francisco, California)
Sunday, April 9 - Trees (Dallas, Texas)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Indipiina Alternative Box